PDA

View Full Version : When LMA goes beast mode fans dont say anything......

JohnnyMax
10-19-2017, 12:23 AM
he dominated that game. Was the best player on the court in a game with Jimmy and Towns both there............of course no one says anything specially Spurs fans who are some haters to specific players

apalisoc_9
10-19-2017, 12:24 AM
he dominated that game. Was the best player on the court in a game with Jimmy and Towns both there............of course no one says anything specially Spurs fans who are some haters to specific players

Murray and Gay were the best players tonight...

WTF is this troll on

BillMc
10-19-2017, 12:26 AM
No hatred. The majority of us want any Spur to succeed because it makes our team succeed. The reason not to go mad over this performance is it took a lot of shots on a low percentage to get those points. It should be a normal stat line for him with Kawhi out. Hopefully the efficiency will go up. I liked the assists as much as anything.

DAF86
10-19-2017, 12:28 AM
9-21 "beast mode". :lol

I want LA to be great, I really do. I just don't see it happening.

MultiTroll
10-19-2017, 12:31 AM
No hatred. The majority of us want any Spur to succeed because it makes our team succeed. The reason not to go mad over this performance is it took a lot of shots on a low percentage to get those points. It should be a normal stat line for him with Kawhi out. Hopefully the efficiency will go up. I liked the assists as much as anything.

9-21 "beast mode". :lol

I want LA to be great, I really do. I just don't see it happening.
OP going for Rimmy hits. :lol

spurs10
10-19-2017, 12:31 AM
LMA plays like that throughout the season we will be in good shape. He was having a good time. Had the most points, the most boards, and had as many assists as anyone. Rudy Gay is going to be a very important piece. This team is going to surprise people.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Check Reddit. The casuals are fellating LMA there.

YGWHI
10-19-2017, 12:45 AM
Almost 10 minutes in a row on court without points in the last quarter.

I guess "LMA can handle pressure" is just a fallacy.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-19-2017, 12:48 AM
He was good but was shit in the fourth quarter. You're never going to go far with him as a number one option because he's awful in clutch and soft on the boards but we just need to stay afloat until Kawhi returns so Aldridge should be capable in the meantime.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-19-2017, 12:48 AM
He was good, a bit inefficient but he had at least two misses on fouls that weren't called in his favour. His defense was outstanding too, per par. If you can't appreciate this performance from him then your expectations are wrong.

SpurPadre
10-19-2017, 12:51 AM
Was he in "beast mode" when Kawhi went down in the WCF?

tbdog
10-19-2017, 02:28 AM
He played 38 mins and marked Towns all night. And led the team in points, rebounds, assist, and offensive rebounds. Of course he was tired in the 4th. He didnt shit the bed, he was exhausted for the first game of the season. It will only get easier when Leonard is back.

BatManu20
10-19-2017, 02:31 AM
Welcome to ST.

DeRozan m8
10-19-2017, 03:16 AM
The autistic bot stole this thread from insidehoops

He also follows Boston now but is probably back to GS now, after the past 2 days.

One game doesn't out do the GSW playoff series, moron.

Chinook
10-19-2017, 07:51 AM
LMA's D was really great. His offense was all right outside of his need to fade away way too fucking much. His PPP was below 1, to I wouldn't it was a great individual offensive game, but feeding him down low and working through him gave the Spurs an offensive identity that they used to give everyone else good looks. If Aldridge can get his timing to be more consistent, the other guys will continue to play better and better.

tbdog
10-19-2017, 07:58 AM
So what did you guys noticed that got LMA more involved? Was there really a new scheme out there? Or is it just an effect of not having Leonard out there?

Chinook
10-19-2017, 08:01 AM
So what did you guys noticed that got LMA more involved? Was there really a new scheme out there? Or is it just an effect of not having Leonard out there?

It was just giving him the ball more and him being aggressive. Honestly, they didn't do the plays they practiced in the pre-season nearly enough. I did see LMA seal in transition ala Shaq once, though, but it didn't work out.

If they actually run better plays, LMA can get more than 43 percent from the field.

Fireball
10-19-2017, 08:04 AM
He gave effort on defense and not many teams can throw lengthy guys like Kat/Djeng at him at the same time ... it was typical Portland LMA ... I always remember how he killed the Spurs in the first half or even three quarters but then disappeared ... still the positive outweighed the negative in this game

james evans
10-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Aldridge had glimpses of the past. Hot first 3 quarters, last quarter disappeared.

r0drig0lac
10-19-2017, 08:10 AM
9-21

SAGirl
10-19-2017, 08:12 AM
I noticed more screening his man a lot to get him deep positions in the paint. In fact, the play to start the game was for Aldridge, but the action between Kyle setting the screen and Lamarcus trying to roll in took a couple of seconds which was all Dejounte needed to slip by his man and get the initial basket. He's also being more aggressive getting position and sealing guys early in the offense, and if he's done that, he gets the ball every time he's put in work to get position close to the basket (contrary to playoffs where guys would do other stuff and only give him the ball late in the offense, sometimes when he was at the 3 pt line)...

cd98
10-19-2017, 08:15 AM
LMA was great overall and played great team defense. But he was poor the last 4 minutes of the game, struggling to get good shots and not passing effectively out of double teams.

Truth4sale$
10-19-2017, 08:18 AM
Aldridge played with a chip on his shoulder and he played great because of it. Clearly focused on proving doubters and haters wrong. Find with me. He needs to bring it consistently and he will be a all star again. Great game on offense AND defense.

Fireball
10-19-2017, 08:34 AM
With Murray in the game I really would like for LMA not try to get low position all the time, but also go out to the 3 point line to make more room for Murray to attack the basket

Chinook
10-19-2017, 08:36 AM
With Murray in the game I really would like for LMA not try to get low position all the time, but also go out to the 3 point line to make more room for Murray to attack the basket

That makes no sense, honestly. Tim didn't do that for Tony.

Fireball
10-19-2017, 08:40 AM
That makes no sense, honestly. Tim didn't do that for Tony.

blue font missing ... othrwise .... because Timmy did not shoot threes :lol

RGMCSE
10-19-2017, 09:02 AM
I cringed when this diva was featured on the ESPN interview and he bitched about his rhythm like 40 times. All I heard was wah wah wah give me the damn ball.

RD2191
10-19-2017, 09:15 AM
9-21

Yeah, OP is a faggot. 9-21 is pretty bad.

Spurs9
10-19-2017, 09:18 AM
He goes off with Leonard isn't playing tbh

Chinook
10-19-2017, 09:22 AM
blue font missing ... othrwise .... because Timmy did not shoot threes :lol

Blue font from you, right? Tim didn't clear out for Tony, even though Parker was an established driver. You aren't supposed to have everyone on the perimeter. You have a big there for a drop off and to clean up misses.

hater
10-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Typical Lamarsha will beast in a regular season and then have trouble posting up guys like Ryan Anderson or Corey Brewer in the playoffs

I have very little confidence his pep talk wth pop or his touches will dramatically change his playoff performance

hater
10-19-2017, 09:36 AM
He goes off with Leonard isn't playing tbh

And its regular season

sasaint
10-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Typical Lamarsha will beast in a regular season and then have trouble posting up guys like Ryan Anderson or Corey Brewer in the playoffs

I have very little confidence his pep talk wth pop or his touches will dramatically change his playoff performance

I agree. Touches wasn't even a beast last night. He was inefficient and when the game got tight he pretty much disappeared.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-19-2017, 10:20 AM
timvp and timvp's little brother as well as that DPG are fellating him LNO on reddit

TheGreatYacht
10-19-2017, 11:17 AM
So he's getting the Parker treatment?

UZER
10-19-2017, 11:40 AM
Does ST put these threads out there to create traffic?

james evans
10-19-2017, 12:13 PM
I agree. Touches wasn't even a beast last night. He was inefficient and when the game got tight he pretty much disappeared.
yep. just as I said earlier. Quarters 1-3 he was dominant. Even had a tip dunk. 4th quarter he was nowhere to be found

james evans
10-19-2017, 12:15 PM
hopefully his trade value goes up and he beasts the pelicans enough that we can get Anthony Davis for him by the deadline. I'm not buying this bullshit about him needing touches. He's gotten touches the past 2 years. no one was freezing him out the offense.

Horse
10-19-2017, 12:19 PM
My only issue was when the game got tight he got further and further from the basket.

NameLess Scrub
10-19-2017, 01:25 PM
My only issue was when the game got tight he got further and further from the basket.

Yeah he kinda started getting the ball away again.
I did like seeing him rolling to the basket.

OP is trolling, but anyway.. gotta mention being in shape. He looks more physically ready to take on the game.

I'm not very confident on his ability play for the big picture in all situations.. just hoping

Arcadian
10-19-2017, 01:29 PM
Not me. I actually like Aldridge and wanted him re-signed.

skulls138
10-19-2017, 02:52 PM
My only issue was when the game got tight he got further and further from the basket.Honestly I can see why he takes fadeaways so much because hes a little slow and uncoordinated when it comes to making a post up move with back to basket. He did have his moments last night but hes no Zach Randolph.

Clipper Nation
10-19-2017, 04:08 PM
So he's getting the Parker treatment?
No. Aldridge actually plays well sometimes.

hater
10-19-2017, 04:47 PM
No. Aldridge actually plays well sometimes.

Dumbest comment in the last 5 years

Parker shows up in the playoffs unlike marsha. As recent as the series vs Grizz where he carried our scrubby team

Clipper Nation
10-19-2017, 05:46 PM
Parker shows up in the playoffs

Based on the dropoff in BPM from regular season to post-season:

http://s5.postimg.org/rcwjg880n/RS_PO_BPM_differentials_worst.png

Might as well have all the data in one place.

http://s5.postimg.org/rey1k3i53/Parker_RS_PS_TS_Comparisons2.png

Just look at the dropoff in every advanced metric from season(RS) to post-season(PS).

19.0 PER RS
16.9 PER PS

.147 WS/48 RS
.085 WS/48 PS

109 ORtg RS
103 ORtg PS

.550 TS% RS
.515 TS% PS

32.7% Assist Percentage RS
27.7% Assist Percentage PS

1.2 BPM RS
0.2 BPM PS

Spurtacular
10-19-2017, 06:03 PM
OP righteously calling out the player fans, tbh.

hater
10-19-2017, 07:59 PM
Lol clittorisnation

Now post Lamarshas playoff numbers as a spur :lol

Slippy
10-20-2017, 12:15 AM
Alot of Kawai only fans on this forum. Too busy critiquing LA & other teammates games. Dont want Kawai's Mvp chances dented now.

It was clear as day that LA was giving maximum effort . A part of his game that was lacking last season.

He was running the floor, sealing his guy a lot closer to the basket, fighting for rebounds & his defense really stood out. Lead by example. Hope he keeps it up.

Horse
10-20-2017, 12:27 PM
Alot of Kawai only fans on this forum. Too busy critiquing LA & other teammates games. Dont want Kawai's Mvp chances dented now.

It was clear as day that LA was giving maximum effort . A part of his game that was lacking last season.

He was running the floor, sealing his guy a lot closer to the basket, fighting for rebounds & his defense really stood out. Lead by example. Hope he keeps it up.
This was very clear first half but when the game got close just like when his daddy Kawhi got hurt against the warriors he started to disappear.

hater
10-20-2017, 02:33 PM
This was very clear first half but when the game got close just like when his daddy Kawhi got hurt against the warriors he started to disappear.

Started to dissapear?

What is this revisionist history?

Lamarsha was one of the worst bigmen in the playoffs in the 2 initial series vs Grizz and Rockets

Phenomanul
10-21-2017, 03:10 PM
LaMarcus's dropoff was evident only AFTER Kawhi went down because he was thrust with the responsibility to carry the team on his back. Up to that point, even at GS he was playing at an acceptable level.

Everyone knows LMA is a second-banana NOT a first option. Which is why he imploded.

Tony on the other hand has had the luxury of playing as a second banana his entire career behind Tim Duncan and EVEN THEN, his numbers mostly dropped off from the RS to the PS. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with Parker's play last post-season prior to his injury - unfortunately due to his mishap - it did not last.

Your argument has convenient conditional envelopes.

baseline bum
10-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Shooting 43% is beast mode? Is OP a Kobe fan or some shit?

UZER
10-21-2017, 07:48 PM

That's just sad. You want to give him credit for something he should've been doing all along and just decided in year 3 that he's ready to play hard?

tholdren
10-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Because its scoring in no flow of offense. He doesnt understand the game, and just goes to turnaround time after time after time even when its a bad shot.. he cant rebound either.

Budkin
10-21-2017, 09:37 PM
GO LMA GO!

$pursDynasty
10-21-2017, 09:50 PM
Hell yea :lma the Spurs are riding the Ltrain, until the Kingslayer and MVParker return

raybies
10-21-2017, 09:52 PM
meanwhile George and Melo with worst efficiency this season...

TheGreatYacht
10-21-2017, 09:53 PM
If Fat Melo makes the all star game over current Lasharkus :lol

AFMadison
10-21-2017, 09:53 PM
:lma

Slippy
10-22-2017, 07:50 AM
That's just sad. You want to give him credit for something he should've been doing all along and just decided in year 3 that he's ready to play hard?
Thought i was stating the obvious. Not sad if the team is better

Give pop & team credit too for getting him more involved . Leads to a motivated LA on both ends

BackHome
10-23-2017, 12:37 PM
LMA is playing some great ball he is defending and scoring like what I thought he should be doing. Keep up the great work.

Phenomanul
10-23-2017, 03:24 PM
The 72 million dollar question is whether or not a usage rate of 33% is required to keep LMA content enough to be effective - because everyone knows that said rate will take at least a 10% drop once Kawhi returns to the floor.

skulls138
10-23-2017, 03:34 PM
The 72 million dollar question is whether or not a usage rate of 33% is required to keep LMA content enough to be effective - because everyone knows that said rate will take at least a 10% drop once Kawhi returns to the floor.My thoughts too except I wouldn't say "content" as if LA is being a diva, rather does he need that amount of touches to stay in rhythm, to stay confident. How LA and Kawhi work together has been and still is the question.

ezau
10-26-2017, 01:07 AM
Suh LMA haters

SAGirl
10-26-2017, 06:46 AM