View Full Version : Dejounte Murray Highlights

dabom
10-19-2017, 11:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNnslXhf-zU

:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub :danceclub:danceclub

TheGreatYacht
10-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Pitty Mills highlights

https://www.ashiktricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/video-not-available-youtube-error.png

dabom
10-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Can we get new jokes atleast? Rehashing doesn't cut it brah. :lol

Mr. Body
10-19-2017, 11:45 AM
To be fair, their point guards and team defense really suck, but he had a great game.

Splits
10-19-2017, 12:58 PM
https://deadspin.com/the-spurs-will-be-fine-1819678587?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

PublicOption
10-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Why cant this dude pass the ball?

skulls138
10-19-2017, 02:13 PM
Good passing isn't easy, especially if you have physical skills like he has. Hes a scoring PG like Tony.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 04:02 PM
Good passing isn't easy, especially if you have physical skills like he has. Hes a scoring PG like Tony.

He's not even that at this point. He's just a shooter.

skulls138
10-19-2017, 04:31 PM
Tony definitely has better coordination. Murray plays out of control sometimes.

Chinook
10-19-2017, 04:32 PM
On RealGM people are falling all over themselves about Fox and Smith due to their performances last night. Considering that Murray played better than them, it'd be hard to overstate how good of a pick he was, even if he's a year ahead.

FkLA
10-19-2017, 04:40 PM
Why did he suck so bad in SL though? I was sky high on him after the season, then tapered my expectations after SL, then he goes out and pulls this crap.

Chinook
10-19-2017, 04:42 PM
Why did he suck so bad in SL though? I was sky high on him after the season, then tapered my expectations after SL, then he goes out and pulls this crap.

Don't remember if he said he was hurt or not. The trade rumors might have gotten to him too. Or he could really not be that good and just had one of his few good games for the year in the opener. We may never know.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 04:45 PM
Maybe you should taper your thoughts about Summer League. Did you get a boner off of Kyle's last 2 summer league forays?

bic50
10-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Pitty Mills highlights

https://www.ashiktricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/video-not-available-youtube-error.png
:lmao

Russ
10-19-2017, 04:49 PM
Why cant this dude pass the ball?

He's not even that at this point. He's just a shooter.

This guy is one of the better passers around right now.

Check the video from college at about 4:20.

zUW7M6Xmtrg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUW7M6Xmtrg

You just haven't seen it here yet.

Spurtacular
10-19-2017, 04:51 PM

Hard to put into words; but some players' games are made better for NBA reg season than summer league.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 04:57 PM
This guy is one of the better passers around right now.

Check the video from college at about 4:20.

zUW7M6Xmtrg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUW7M6Xmtrg

You just haven't seen it here yet.

My bad. I thought we were talking about Mills in that instance. DJ is all good with me. I'm really high on the kid.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:03 PM
My bad. I thought we were talking about Mills in that instance. DJ is all good with me. I'm really high on the kid.
https://speakerdata2.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/image/818735/442889022.jpg

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:08 PM
https://speakerdata2.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/image/818735/442889022.jpg

DJ Murray good.

Kyle Anderson, LJC, Marcus Williams, Ryan Richards, Cory Joseph, James Gist, Malik Hairston, Cady Lalanne, Deshaun Thomas, Marcus Denmon, Jack McClinton bad.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:13 PM
DJ Murray good.

Kyle Anderson, LJC, Marcus Williams, Ryan Richards, Cory Joseph, James Gist, Malik Hairston, Cady Lalanne, Deshaun Thomas, Marcus Denmon, Jack McClinton bad.
In the NBA, you can't ask for perfection. Just keep that ball rolling and this team's ball keeps rolling. Or would you rather be a fan of the Knicks?

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:14 PM
In the NBA, you can't ask for perfection. Just keep that ball rolling and this team's ball keeps rolling. Or would you rather be a fan of the Knicks?
Damn more low hanging fruit. :lol Not even the Nets want to be the Knicks right now, man.

lefty
10-19-2017, 05:17 PM
Already better than Porker

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:19 PM
Damn more low hanging fruit. :lol Not even the Nets want to be the Knicks right now, man.
So... what does that mean? You don't pick low hanging fruit? That bugs you? Why does an easy argument bug you? You have no argument against?
You want my arguments to be less obvious and something more... obtuse?
What?

You want to talk about weak...

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Literally no one wants to be the Knicks. It's a silly comparison.

Also, we're talking about Buford. The Spurs don't owe their success to him. They owe it to Duncan.

JohnnyMax
10-19-2017, 05:24 PM
g5jacg1FPSw

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:27 PM

Also, we're talking about Buford. The Spurs don't owe their success to him. They owe it to Duncan.
No, we're talking about you bitching the FO incessantly and I'm saying there's a metric shit-ton worse out there homie.
Time to recognize.

Yet you come at me with this piss poor argument of "low hanging fruit".
Which means you don't want to argue the point.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:28 PM

So when the Spurs win 60 again for the 3rd straight year, you going to credit Duncan?
Damn he's good.

alfahdlan
10-19-2017, 05:31 PM
Let this kid start even when TP return. The length of our starting lineup will spell the difference.GSG!!!

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:34 PM
So when the Spurs win 60 again for the 3rd straight year, you going to credit Duncan?
Damn he's good.
That's all Pop and Kawhi. Not Drunkford.

If Drunkford had his way, our big three would be Tony, Manu, and Valanciunas. :lmao

Anyway, enough de-railing, Hand Banana. This is a DJ thread.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:35 PM
Let this kid start even when TP return. The length of our starting lineup will spell the difference.GSG!!!
Yes sir, or ma'am.
If Murray can run an efficient SL offense and continue to improve upon being a defensive menace...
He deserves the keys.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:36 PM
That's all Pop and Kawhi. Not Drunkford.

If Drunkford had his way, our big three would be Tony, Manu, and Valanciunas. :lmao

Anyway, enough de-railing, Hand Banana. This is a DJ thread.
Word homie. Always brothers-in-arms.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:37 PM
No, we're talking about you bitching the FO incessantly and I'm saying there's a metric shit-ton worse out there homie.
Time to recognize.

Yet you come at me with this piss poor argument of "low hanging fruit".
Which means you don't want to argue the point.

It's a weak point. There are maybe 60+ franchises in American sports that are better off than the Knicks. It's simply dumb to ask "would you rather" when arguing for Buford. If it wasn't for Duncan, the Spurs would likely be the Knicks of the south given Buford's track record. :lol...Or maybe not. They would've been rebranded and relocated by now.

Go home, Hand Banana. You're drunk.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:41 PM
It's a weak point. There are maybe 60+ franchises in American sports that are better off than the Knicks. It's simply dumb to ask "would you rather" when arguing for Buford. If it wasn't for Duncan, the Spurs would likely be the Knicks of the south given Buford's track record. :lol...Or maybe not. They would've been rebranded and relocated by now.

Not yet... And I extended the olive branch and you refused.
Okay.
Something to remember. We shall go on very soon. Your point is still as weak as David Spade and I haven't even begun. To think I was going to let this go...

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:47 PM

Maybe you should root for OKC, since you love Presti. The team that let both Harden and Durant go over the years to keep Chumpbrook (the last guy you want in the closing moments of a playoff game, as we've all seen) and gain that gimp from Indiana and Carmelo.
I'm sure you would be singing to the heavens like a mormon tabernacle for that shit.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:48 PM
Not yet... And I extended the olive branch and you refused.
Okay.
Something to remember. We shall go on very soon. Your point is still as weak as David Spade and I haven't even begun. To think I was going to let this go...
To be fair, you posted that as I was posting that. Not really a refusal, tbh.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:50 PM

Maybe you're ready to sing the praises of Morey and his Chris Paul acquisition... That was a great grab, right?
Dude's already sitting out final minutes of games.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:50 PM
Maybe you should root for OKC, since you love Presti. The team that let both Harden and Durant go over the years to keep Chumpbrook (the last guy you want in the closing moments of a playoff game, as we've all seen) and gain that gimp from Indiana and Carmelo.
I'm sure you would be singing to the heavens like a mormon tabernacle for that shit.

They didn't let Durant go. Durant gave indications he was returning only to bolt for the Warriors. That was all Durbeta. As for Harden, I'm torn, was he ever going to sign that extension with OKC? I don't even remember the details, tbh. Either way, that's just one blemish.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:51 PM
To be fair, you posted that as I was posting that. Not really a refusal, tbh.
Fuck off, weak sauce.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Maybe you're ready to sing the praises of Morey and his Chris Paul acquisition... That was a great grab, right?
Dude's already sitting out final minutes of games.

I'm not even a fan of Morey.

BTW, why are you incapable of posting one post at a time? You're cluttering up this DJ thread, brah.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:52 PM
Fuck off, weak sauce.

I'll buy you a beer and you'll forget all about this.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm not even a fan of Morey.

BTW, why are you incapable of posting one post at a time? You're cluttering up this DJ thread, brah.
That's your gripe? HA HA HAAA HAH AH A AHA HAHAA!
Weakness just oozing.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:54 PM
I'll buy you a beer and you'll forget all about this.
I like someone giving up. Good job.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 05:54 PM
That's your gripe? HA HA HAAA HAH AH A AHA HAHAA!
Weakness just oozing.
Now I believe you're drunk. :lol Buford is that you?

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 05:56 PM
Now I believe you're drunk. :lol Buford is that you?
C'mon baby, and I now have permission to call you baby, you should know better.
You being silly and looking for anything.

I'm not drunk. I'm engaged and it's your fault.

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 06:00 PM
C'mon baby, and I now have permission to call you baby now, you should know better.
You being silly and looking for anything.

I'm not drunk. I'm engaged and it's your fault.
I'm going to politely reject your advances, Hand Banana.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm going to politely reject your advances, Hand Banana.
Lol... We still friends.

dabom
10-19-2017, 06:02 PM
This is some really weak back and forth we got here. If ya want any tips just send me a PM. :tu

TimDunkem
10-19-2017, 06:05 PM
This is some really weak back and forth we got here. If ya want any tips just send me a PM. :tu

???

By starting threads?

dabom
10-19-2017, 06:08 PM
???

By starting threads?

No.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 06:08 PM
I could only aspire, bruddah...

dabom
10-19-2017, 06:09 PM
I could only aspire, bruddah...

Feels like preseason in here. :lol

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 06:10 PM
Feels like preseason in here. :lol
I'm still learning. We speak more later on lessons, yes?

dabom
10-19-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm still learning. We speak more later on lessons, yes?

I've pretty much owned a lot of posters in here. Recipe for success. I'll give you some quick pointers later, ya.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 06:19 PM
I've pretty much owned a lot of posters in here. Recipe for success. I'll give you some quick pointers later, ya.
No doubt.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 06:33 PM
So send your shit...
How long does this take? You're on... You're a savant. Send me some knowledge, sensei.

dabom
10-19-2017, 06:42 PM
So send your shit...
How long does this take? You're on... You're a savant. Send me some knowledge, sensei.

You specifically said later bro. :lol

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 06:43 PM
You specifically said later bro. :lol
Time to go pro.

dabom
10-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Time to go pro.

Tip for owning noobs on the low, one.. always be right. :lol

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Tip for owning noobs on the low, one.. always be right. :lol
Tip for a "pro" talking to a neophyte: where was I wrong?

dabom
10-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Tip for a "pro" talking to a neophyte: where was I wrong?

RC and Presti are both GMs. It is their duty to keep the players they want. If the players leave, it's their fault for leaving. Presti has let go of Harden, Durant, and Ibaka. :lol

RC also got Kawhi(MVP player with no assets really :lol, only like 3 in the league brah) and Dejounte Murray. You would have won the argument right there. :lol

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 06:57 PM
RC and Presti are both GMs. It is their duty to keep the players they want. If the players leave, it's their fault for leaving. Presti has let go of Harden, Durant, and Ibaka. :lol

RC also got Kawhi(MVP player, only like 3 in the league brah) and Dejounte Murray. You would have won the argument right there. :lol
Funny, you neglected the fact that this was MY ENTIRE ARGUMENT this thread.
WTF.

dabom
10-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Funny, you neglected the fact that this was MY ENTIRE ARGUMENT this thread.
WTF.

Yes, but you didn't state it correctly.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 07:00 PM
Yes, but you didn't state it correctly.
"Maybe you should root for OKC, since you love Presti. The team that let both Harden and Durant go over the years to keep Chumpbrook (the last guy you want in the closing moments of a playoff game, as we've all seen) and gain that gimp from Indiana and Carmelo.
I'm sure you would be singing to the heavens like a mormon tabernacle for that shit."

How was that misstated?

dabom
10-19-2017, 07:02 PM
"Maybe you should root for OKC, since you love Presti. The team that let both Harden and Durant go over the years to keep Chumpbrook (the last guy you want in the closing moments of a playoff game, as we've all seen) and gain that gimp from Indiana and Carmelo.
I'm sure you would be singing to the heavens like a mormon tabernacle for that shit."

How was that misstated?

Didn't mention Ibaka and you forgot to explain the positives that RC has done in one post.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 07:02 PM
Okay, I starting to really feel like I'm dealing with children here.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Didn't mention Ibaka and you forgot to explain the positives that RC has done in one post.
Well... my bad.

dabom
10-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Well... my bad.

No worries my friend, that's why I'm giving you some pointers here. :tu

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 07:06 PM
No worries my friend, that's why I'm giving you some pointers here. :tu
Mucho aprecciatado homie!

dabom
10-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Mucho aprecciatado homie!

You could also add that Presti had to lose to gather assets, which he lost and RC getting gems with no resources.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 07:14 PM
You could also add that Presti had to lose to gather assets, which he lost and RC getting gems with no resources.
Maybe you should direct these astute and erudite arguments yourself to the original perpetrator, upon seeing my poor self having been found wanting.

T'would be a good and decent thing for a fan to stick up for another fan of like mind and support...

dabom
10-19-2017, 07:18 PM
I wasn't gonna say anything. You just put on the spot brother for some info.

tonight...you
10-19-2017, 07:28 PM
I wasn't gonna say anything. You just put on the spot brother for some info.
This site is a blood bath. Why go back now?
Kill, or be killed.

Thankfully, I am Trojan Horse.

duncan2k5
10-20-2017, 08:48 AM

I was one of those telling u guys not to pay attention to summer league... Murray will be great... Especially when he gets more comfortable and starts getting into ppl on defense

KDKSpurs24
10-20-2017, 10:43 AM
I was one of those telling u guys not to pay attention to summer league... Murray will be great... Especially when he gets more comfortable and starts getting into ppl on defense
Yet throlden didn't see that all. He kept bashing Murray about him not being an NBA player. Which anyone could see the clear capability that Murray has. Now throlden is nowhere to be found, hoping that Murray will have a bad game so he can come back out of hiding :lol

adonis827
10-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Murray does not have Parker's scoring yet. But Parker does not have Murray's Wingspan (big potential on D) and athleticism. Murray has great potential! I don't recall a good scoring point guard with a long wing span maybe George Hill?

picnroll
10-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Murray does not have Parker's scoring yet. But Parker does not have Murray's Wingspan (big potential on D) and athleticism. Murray has great potential! I don't recall a good scoring point guard with a long wing span maybe George Hill?

Amazing how so many people underestimate Parker’s athleticism. For many years he was the fastest player in the league. He also has outstanding body control. There are areas athleticism-wise where Murray has him beat, not others, but Parker was a world class athlete

vy65
10-20-2017, 12:19 PM

No one is asking for perfection. Just not 1-12.

8FOR!3
10-20-2017, 12:27 PM
Amazing how so many people underestimate Parker’s athleticism. For many years he was the fastest player in the league. He also has outstanding body control. There are areas athleticism-wise where Murray has him beat, not others, but Parker was a world class athlete

Yeah prime Parker could get to the paint at will. I hope he comes back from this injury with a chip on his shoulder.

vy65
10-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Damn he's good.

Because the spurs play for regular season wins

tonight...you
10-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Because the spurs play for regular season wins
Okay. Enjoy enjoying nothing.

itzsoweezee
10-20-2017, 08:20 PM
I hope Parker enjoys his new bench role. David, Manu, and Tim all adjusted to reduced roles as they got older.

dabom
10-20-2017, 08:21 PM
I hope Parker enjoys his new bench role. David, Manu, and Tim all adjusted to reduced roles as they got older.

Porker ain't selfless though. Dude is gonna be crying on the bench. :lol

Chinook
10-20-2017, 08:22 PM

Parker is better than Murray. Unless DeJounte completely owns the defensive end, I don't think there's any justification to start him over Tony.

vy65
10-20-2017, 08:23 PM
Okay. Enjoy enjoying nothing.

Word. Love to crack open a beer with you while you relish mediocrity.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2017, 10:07 PM
Parker is better than Murray. Unless DeJounte completely owns the defensive end, I don't think there's any justification to start him over Tony.

DAF86
10-20-2017, 10:10 PM

What about developing Murray for the future?

UZER
10-20-2017, 10:14 PM
Yeah prime Parker could get to the paint at will. I hope he comes back from this injury with a chip on his shoulder.

No chips. We don't need him gaining weight again.

dabom
10-20-2017, 10:17 PM

tholdren
10-21-2017, 09:59 AM

Look at this guy. Leave the emojis for your facebook post. Anyone who thinks murray is a legit pg has no concept of the position. He cant initiate the offense regularly, hes sloppy with his ball handling and passing turnovers. His one skill is his ability to attack the rim. He will be good if he learns fundamentals and corrects his highlight mentality. Right now hes a spark player not a core player

SAGirl
10-21-2017, 01:59 PM
If the team performs well with Dijon there’s no reason to sit him for Tony either. If he regreses or hits a wall that’s different. Even then Pop lets his veterans be streaky too. Tony is going to get injured again unfortunately. Only Dijon can take himself out of this race IMO

tholdren
10-21-2017, 02:04 PM
Yet throlden didn't see that all. He kept bashing Murray about him not being an NBA player. Which anyone could see the clear capability that Murray has. Now throlden is nowhere to be found, hoping that Murray will have a bad game so he can come back out of hiding :lol
Lol out of hiding. Use more emojis... to be drafted as a pg with no ability to do anything but iso and transition is a problem. Will he get better, yep, but that was never my argument. My argument was and still is, hes too dumb to run on offense when it matters. To come in and score when spurs are lulling l, sure. To act like hes a legit pg, or even in the same world as parker is stupidity. Parker at 19 made dj at 21 look like a jv scrub.

Chinook
10-21-2017, 02:42 PM
If the team performs well with Dijon there’s no reason to sit him for Tony either. If he regreses or hits a wall that’s different. Even then Pop lets his veterans be streaky too. Tony is going to get injured again unfortunately. Only Dijon can take himself out of this race IMO

Parker is better than Murray. Even typical Tony is better than the Murray we saw on Wednesday. It wasn't like DeJounte came it and ran the offense while Tony was away. He, Gay, Manu and Anderson all switched off bringing the ball up the court. In the half-court, even Green did more to get LMA involved than Murray. The team has won games where Gary Neal has started, so the idea that DeJounte has to "lose" the spot from Parker falls flat to me. I'm not even sure that Murray isn't the third PG still.

dabom
10-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Parker is better than Murray. Even typical Tony is better than the Murray we saw on Wednesday. It wasn't like DeJounte came it and ran the offense while Tony was away. He, Gay, Manu and Anderson all switched off bringing the ball up the court. In the half-court, even Green did more to get LMA involved than Murray. The team has won games where Gary Neal has started, so the idea that DeJounte has to "lose" the spot from Parker falls flat to me. I'm not even sure that Murray isn't the third PG still.

porker has been shit for a couple of years in the regular season and playoffs and is injury prone. Yes he is injury prone. All the fucking time. After this injury, he isn't going to be the same or better and he wasn't good to begin with. He is a piece of shit player now.

dabom
10-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Last preseason I said to give the keys to Murray because he needs the reps and Tony is a piece of shit injury prone player. The reps will be wasted on tony. Shit happens every year and people pretend like they didn't know. :lol

tholdren
10-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Last preseason I said to give the keys to Murray because he needs the reps and Tony is a piece of shit injury prone player. The reps will be wasted on tony. Shit happens every year and people pretend like they didn't know. :lol

They werent wasted. Had tp and kl been injury free spurs would have been in the finals.

dabom
10-21-2017, 02:55 PM
They werent wasted. Had tp and kl been injury free spurs would have been in the finals.

but he is injury prone you piece of shit faggot. :lol

Didn't you just hear me say that. :lol

tholdren
10-21-2017, 02:57 PM
but he is injury prone you piece of shit faggot. :lol

Didn't you just hear me say that. :lol

Quick add more emojis and name call because i cant argue my own point. Still awesome at analysis i see

dabom
10-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Quick add more emojis and name call because i cant argue my own point. Still awesome at analysis i see

My point was based on facts and history. Your point was based on illusion. :lol

tholdren
10-21-2017, 03:02 PM
My point was based on facts and history. Your point was based on illusion. :lol

Was it the emoji that made your statement more believable?

dabom
10-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Was it the emoji that made your statement more believable?

It was the fact. :lol

SAGirl
10-21-2017, 03:19 PM

I dont trust Tony to stay healthy personally. The more opportunities Dijon has to improve the better he will be when it matters. He has shown enough improvement that I think with continued opportunities he will continue to get better. Specially defensively and running what Pop wants. I have been very critical of him when he’s deserving.

Tony will be eased in and who knows how he will play b4 he gets injured again. However, off the ball play can be a problem for Dijon if he’s not soothing well when Kawhi gets back and his minutes could diminish as a result. Pop will inevitably play Tony when he’s back but I think Dijon is showing enough to get minutes even when he does.

tholdren
10-21-2017, 03:20 PM
It was the fact. :lol

So did the emoji make it a fact?

dabom
10-21-2017, 03:21 PM
So did the emoji make it a fact?

The fact made it a fact. Do you understand? :lmao

hater
10-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Ppl have the weirdest arguments here

Of course parker is better than Murray but Murray is basically a rookie.

Hes got skills and if he stays healthy he most likely can be a very good player if we are lucky he can even be starting calibre byt thats a long shot

duncan2k5
10-21-2017, 04:12 PM

Bro... Have u seen how bad Tony was last year!? This year he is older and more injured! His time is done

duncan2k5
10-21-2017, 04:19 PM
porker has been shit for a couple of years in the regular season and playoffs and is injury prone. Yes he is injury prone. All the fucking time. After this injury, he isn't going to be the same or better and he wasn't good to begin with. He is a piece of shit player now.

Exactly! Ppl are thinking about the younger Tony... Tony has been really bad on defense, and predictable on offense to where he can't get into the lane, so he half drives, then passes to timmy/LA... But that play doesn't work anymore since he doesn't suck in the defense like he used to... So he passes to an already covered player who then forces a bad jumper... Ppl only look at his barely mediocre stats and not his actual impact on the game... If he starts, we know what our ceiling will be... We took a chance with Tony when he was young and accelerated his growth by starting... Pop needs to do the same with Murray now and put Parker on the bench if we want to progress as a team...

hater
10-21-2017, 05:39 PM
Parker still >>>>> than shitty mills and mills is a decent nba. Ackup

tholdren
10-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Bro... Have u seen how bad Tony was last year!? This year he is older and more injured! His time is done

Playoffs last year parker was arguably the second best player on the team

beirmeistr
10-21-2017, 06:50 PM
I am impressed with Murray'a athleticism, it's great. The coaches need to teach him to dribble lower so he doesn't lose the ball now and then. We don't need another danny green dribbler.

tonight...you
10-21-2017, 09:40 PM
Word. Love to crack open a beer with you while you relish mediocrity.
You don't know the meaning of the word.

Edit: and yes, we'd probably have a good time, beers in hands...
I don't doubt that homie.

tholdren
10-21-2017, 09:54 PM
He had a sound game tonight, may have been the best on the court. Hope he keeps this up

TheRemix
10-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Playoffs last year parker was arguably the second best player on the team
he was, but he went up for a simple floater and hurt himself. His body can't keep up with his game

Splits
10-21-2017, 11:51 PM

SAGirl
10-22-2017, 12:34 AM
Looking good. the assists specially. :tu

cd021
10-22-2017, 04:24 AM
However, off the ball play can be a problem for Dijon if he’s not soothing well when Kawhi gets back and his minutes could diminish as a result. Pop will inevitably play Tony when he’s back but I think Dijon is showing enough to get minutes even when he does.

I actually think that it would be easier for Murray to play off of Kawhi when he gets back because Kawhi gets so much attention from other teams. Green's man will stay close, Gasol and Aldridge seem to be alternating between the post and the 3pt line adding additional spacing. He won't be able to do as much in the P&R but seems to have no problem attacking close outs when playing off ball.

BillMc
10-22-2017, 04:38 AM
Let us say DJ plays well. Let's also assume Tony returns to a passable form. What do they do both this season and next? Could they leave DJ the starter, and pair Tony on the bench with Patty if Manu retires? And what to do if he doesn't? I doubt they force Tony to retire if he doesn't want to. I'm sure he'll have the Manu "decision" option, even for a while.

Even if Parker is slightly better if DJ continues to develop they may make a switch so not to retard his development and continue his acclimation with the starters.

If Gay returns to form, opts out, and signs somewhere else, I wonder if we'd really have a bench of Parker, Patty and Manu at the 1-3 next year? Or is Manu a lock to retire, and Parker effectively his replacement if he loses the starting job. Pop paired Patty and tony quite a lot last year as I recall.

Clipper Nation
10-22-2017, 08:34 AM
Look at this guy. Leave the emojis for your facebook post. Anyone who thinks murray is a legit pg has no concept of the position. He cant initiate the offense regularly, hes sloppy with his ball handling and passing turnovers. His one skill is his ability to attack the rim. He will be good if he learns fundamentals and corrects his highlight mentality. Right now hes a spark player not a core player
The alternative is a fat, old heroball chucker. The Spurs would be better served sticking with Murray and letting him develop.

Clipper Nation
10-22-2017, 08:35 AM
Parker is better than Murray. Even typical Tony is better than the Murray we saw on Wednesday.

BillMc
10-22-2017, 08:37 AM
The alternative is a fat, old heroball chucker.

Speaking of Chris Paul, I think you guys won't miss him too much. Team looks good.

RD2191
10-22-2017, 08:44 AM
Speaking of Chris Paul, I think you guys won't miss him too much. Team looks good.

:lol

Ice009
10-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Let us say DJ plays well. Let's also assume Tony returns to a passable form. What do they do both this season and next? Could they leave DJ the starter, and pair Tony on the bench with Patty if Manu retires? And what to do if he doesn't? I doubt they force Tony to retire if he doesn't want to. I'm sure he'll have the Manu "decision" option, even for a while.

Even if Parker is slightly better if DJ continues to develop they may make a switch so not to retard his development and continue his acclimation with the starters.

If Gay returns to form, opts out, and signs somewhere else, I wonder if we'd really have a bench of Parker, Patty and Manu at the 1-3 next year? Or is Manu a lock to retire, and Parker effectively his replacement if he loses the starting job. Pop paired Patty and tony quite a lot last year as I recall.

I'd like to keep Dejounte starting. I can't believe he's playing this well compared to the garbage he showed in Summer League. He also wasn't that great in preseason. It's a great thing if he plays best when the lights are on and the game is bigger.

As for Rudy Gay, man, I think he can be great for the Spurs, especially when Kawhi comes back. I really like what I'm seeing from him so far. I hope he reaches his potential here. I also wouldn't want him opting out and bolting if he does as well as I believe he can.

Chinook
10-22-2017, 09:50 AM
In case anyone is wondering, Murray continues to lead the team in many advanced stats, though LMA has passed him up in PER due to usage and VORP due to minutes played. Two games is a more stable sample size, but we'll need five or six before we have a better sense of how he's actually playing. Probably by the end of next week.

Clipper Nation
10-22-2017, 10:21 AM
There's definitely been more ball movement and fun without him hogging the ball, tbh. Reminds me of how the Spurs play in the postseason when Porker goes to the bench and his backup checks into the game.

SAGirl
10-22-2017, 10:29 AM
[/B]

I actually think that it would be easier for Murray to play off of Kawhi when he gets back because Kawhi gets so much attention from other teams. Green's man will stay close, Gasol and Aldridge seem to be alternating between the post and the 3pt line adding additional spacing. He won't be able to do as much in the P&R but seems to have no problem attacking close outs when playing off ball.
The spacing for Kawhi gets complicated so we’ll just have to see how he does.

SAGirl
10-22-2017, 10:36 AM

Don’t know about the future but if Dijon is playing well he doesn’t deserve a benching. Pop will figure the minutes out. Tony has been getting injured with such frequency that he should probably start getting his minutes reduced like Manu anyways. Dijon needs to play to continue to progress specially if he continues to show improvement.

SAGirl
10-22-2017, 10:43 AM
In case anyone is wondering, Murray continues to lead the team in many advanced stats, though LMA has passed him up in PER due to usage and VORP due to minutes played. Two games is a more stable sample size, but we'll need five or six before we have a better sense of how he's actually playing. Probably by the end of next week.
It’s still a small sample size but when was the last time Tony led the team in any advanced stats? I am not aiming to shit on Tony but it’s been a long time. Dijon is 21, Tony is 35 or 36? Coming back from a bad injury, has been brittle the past few postseasons etc and has value only when he’s scoring frankly. It’s actually great that Dijon has value even when he’s not scoring a lot. If he continues to play well, he doesn’t deserve to be benched.

cd021
10-22-2017, 11:29 AM

I doubt that Pop would keep Murray starting, He could be moved into the bench rotation with Mills and Manu with Gay and Joff. As for next season; I think no matter what PATFO brings Parker back next season, the Spurs are going to be over the cap anyway so I could see a 1 year $10 million dollar deal with the understanding that that is Parker's final season.

If Manu retires next year, I assume that Murray would take his spot in the rotation and Green and Murray would split the SG minutes more evenly (24/24) with Murray getting additional minutes at PG when Parker sits. The final year of Murray's rookie scale deal would be when I think he finally start

One scenario could be that Murray plays well enough this season to make Mills expendable. I don't know if the Spurs would shop him when Parker may play only one more season and Mills would have two more seasons left after that, in which he would then be Murray's back up.

cd021
10-22-2017, 11:35 AM
The spacing for Kawhi gets complicated so we’ll just have to see how he does.

I don't know about that. Gasol is a very good 3pt shooter as well as Green and Kawhi (when he doesn't have the ball and even when he does) Aldridge seems to have returned to form from midrange and becoming more aggressive from beyond the arc. I think that the starting lineup with Kawhi back and Murray in place of Mills has more than enough spacing. The spacing has been fine so far with Anderson in place of Kawhi and Kawhi is one of the better shooters in the league.

BillMc
10-22-2017, 11:38 AM
As for Rudy Gay, man, I think he can be great for the Spurs, especially when Kawhi comes back. I really like what I'm seeing from him so far. I hope he reaches his potential here. I also wouldn't want him opting out and bolting if he does as well as I believe he can.

The best hope of keeping Rudy are: 1) PATFO seldom lose players they really want to keep. 2) They'll be over the cap and motivated to sign their own and 3) Rudy has spent most his career on lousy, dysfunctional teams. Being on the Spurs must seem like a joy ride. If he can handle not being a starter, he'll stay (though he may still opt out for a better deal)

DAF86
10-22-2017, 11:43 AM
No matter how you slice it, if Murray keeps playing well, benching him for a 36 year old Tony makes no sense at all.

SAGirl
10-22-2017, 02:33 PM
I don't know about that. Gasol is a very good 3pt shooter as well as Green and Kawhi (when he doesn't have the ball and even when he does) Aldridge seems to have returned to form from midrange and becoming more aggressive from beyond the arc. I think that the starting lineup with Kawhi back and Murray in place of Mills has more than enough spacing. The spacing has been fine so far with Anderson in place of Kawhi and Kawhi is one of the better shooters in the league.
But Murray has the ball for the most part when the bigs don't have it. When the bigs have it, Dijon is parked underneath the basket as if he was a big bc he can't shoot. They might be fine, I don't know but Murray certainly won't get the ball as much. We will just have to see. He can be an improving shooter.

cd021
10-22-2017, 03:38 PM
But Murray has the ball for the most part when the bigs don't have it. When the bigs have it, Dijon is parked underneath the basket as if he was a big bc he can't shoot. They might be fine, I don't know but Murray certainly won't get the ball as much. We will just have to see. He can be an improving shooter.

He did shot the ball well in the mid range and seemed confident taking them, so that's encouraging. While the Rockets weren't a juggernaut last season in the playoffs, defensively, he showed in game 3 ( I think) that he can be effective without the ball and when opposing teams ignore him. They left him alone in the right corner and he ended up getting 3 easy layups by attacking close outs or simply driving into open space. Parker used to do this a lot too when teams would sag off when he didn't have the ball in his hand.

SAGirl
10-22-2017, 03:41 PM
He did shot the ball well in the mid range and seemed confident taking them, so that's encouraging. While the Rockets weren't a juggernaut last season in the playoffs, defensively, he showed in game 3 ( I think) that he can be effective without the ball and when opposing teams ignore him. They left him alone in the right corner and he ended up getting 3 easy layups by attacking close outs or simply driving into open space. Parker used to do this a lot too when teams would sag off when he didn't have the ball in his hand.
It will require good passing from Kawhi but it could work. Extremely small sample and most playoff minutes for him came without Kawhi. They could be fine as I said, or it could limit him at this stage. Murray is never lacking in confidence so that's encouraging. :toast

cd021
10-22-2017, 03:44 PM
The best hope of keeping Rudy are: 1) PATFO seldom lose players they really want to keep. 2) They'll be over the cap and motivated to sign their own and 3) Rudy has spent most his career on lousy, dysfunctional teams. Being on the Spurs must seem like a joy ride. If he can handle not being a starter, he'll stay (though he may still opt out for a better deal)

IIRC if he were to opt out, the most the Spurs could pay him is 105% of his current salary which would be exactly the same number as he would be making if he were to opt in.

I think he'll have a good season and despite that, he won't get a much better offer because the teams that will have cap space (not very many of them) are likely bad teams which probably wouldn't make sense for either side. I think he'll opt in.

TD 21
10-22-2017, 04:15 PM
I doubt that Pop would keep Murray starting, He could be moved into the bench rotation with Mills and Manu with Gay and Joff. As for next season; I think no matter what PATFO brings Parker back next season, the Spurs are going to be over the cap anyway so I could see a 1 year $10 million dollar deal with the understanding that that is Parker's final season.

If Manu retires next year, I assume that Murray would take his spot in the rotation and Green and Murray would split the SG minutes more evenly (24/24) with Murray getting additional minutes at PG when Parker sits. The final year of Murray's rookie scale deal would be when I think he finally start

One scenario could be that Murray plays well enough this season to make Mills expendable. I don't know if the Spurs would shop him when Parker may play only one more season and Mills would have two more seasons left after that, in which he would then be Murray's back up.

If injury or poor play by Murray or Anderson doesn't sort it out organically, it's going to get awkward when Parker returns. He has to start, not out of respect or anything beyond the rotation making sense because Mills-Parker-Ginobili doesn't.

Unless and maybe even if Parker looks even worse than he's mostly looked in recent seasons, I doubt they'll try to push him out the door anytime soon, especially with Ginobili probably playing his final season. Even if, at some point in the next year, it's obvious that Murray is clearly better, as you said and I've said countless times, he can take Ginobili's rotation spot, with the non blowout closing minutes at PG up for grabs as well.

Think Forbes would have to play beyond well to even make them consider trading Mills. Most likely, they sort out the back court logjam by allowing Forbes to go elsewhere for greater opportunity and Ginobili retiring.

Chinook
10-22-2017, 07:43 PM
IIRC if he were to opt out, the most the Spurs could pay him is 105% of his current salary which would be exactly the same number as he would be making if he were to opt in.

I think he'll have a good season and despite that, he won't get a much better offer because the teams that will have cap space (not very many of them) are likely bad teams which probably wouldn't make sense for either side. I think he'll opt in.

The Spurs could pay Rudy up to 120 percent of his current salary, so like $10.1 Million as the starting salary. A $20.6M/2 could make sense on both sides. I'd caution people against worry about re-signing players, though. I remember when people were trying to figure out how the team was going to re-sign: Roger Mason; Drew Gooden; Tyrus Thomas (who didn't even play for the team). All of those guys looked like Spurs for life for short bursts. I obviously hope Rudy makes it a tough decision, but there's way too much up in the air still.

raybies
10-22-2017, 07:48 PM
The Spurs could pay Rudy up to 120 percent of his current salary, so like $10.1 Million as the starting salary. A $20.6M/2 could make sense on both sides. I'd caution people against worry about re-signing players, though. I remember when people were trying to figure out how the team was going to re-sign: Roger Mason; Drew Gooden; Tyrus Thomas (who didn't even play for the team). All of those guys looked like Spurs for life for short bursts. I obviously hope Rudy makes it a tough decision, but there's way too much up in the air still.
Great points and you're right when you say these things have a way of working themselves out. Very curious to see how though.

tonight...you
10-22-2017, 07:54 PM
Great points and you're right when you say these things have a way of working themselves out. Very curious to see how though.
Rudy's not leaving this team. Barring a total collapse, which I don't see happening- Rudy is here to stay. I don't even worry about money. Think he's going to come here- to win, just to leave for a few bucks afterwards?
This man wants to be where he feels shit is right and he's useful and they win.

Way far cry to what he's been dealing with for years and something he's not going to run out on for a few more bucks when he's made plenty already.

JMO, of course.

SAGirl
10-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Rudy's not leaving this team. Barring a total collapse, which I don't see happening- Rudy is here to stay. I don't even worry about money. Think he's going to come here- to win, just to leave for a few bucks afterwards?
This man wants to be where he feels shit is right and he's useful and they win.

Way far cry to what he's been dealing with for years and something he's not going to run out on for a few more bucks when he's made plenty already.

JMO, of course.
Yea.. I totally get your point, but I don't take any of these future FA for granted. Except Danny, he's a good one. :tu
:lol just saying we don't know what it will take. For example, Pau wanted to stay but he got a HEFTY contract considering age, production and the state of the C position in the league.
Patty was resigned but he got PAID.
A couple of seasons ago, DWorst wanted to elope for a winning situation.
These veterans sometimes come at a discount but they want to bandwagon to the best situation.
Lee obviously opted out for reasons unknown. He was one of the better players in the team last season. He was about 4th or 5th in winshares or something of that nature. He played well (and I wasn't even in his bandwagon, but due must be paid, he was a very good big to have).... opted out who knows why.. even when he was injured, so it was a risk to him financially.
Jsimms? I know you aren't a fan and he can be a polemic creating player, but he played well in the playoffs when Pop needed him to, and he has had a good start to this season in a very reasonable contract. He simply left bc he wanted a better situation for himself minutes wise and opportunities to grow his game further.
Any number of things can make someone go. For a younger player, a bigger paycheck elsewhere is enough, maybe the opportunity for playing time...
I don't worry about the roster so much, but can't say I have liked some contracts the Spurs handed out. The team is winning though and I am not going to bitch about it while things are going well... Just know that I wouldn't take anyone for granted.

If the team does well however, it does increase chances of ppl staying. Losing or going home early does sour the taste a lot on guys. (heh! Lamarcus himself wanted to get traded after his humiliation in the playoffs).

P.S. who could forget Dedmon? Starting player for the Spurs falling out of favor in the playoffs completely. One just knew he was going to sign somewhere else... etc.

tonight...you
10-22-2017, 08:54 PM
Yea.. I totally get your point, but I don't take any of these future FA for granted. Except Danny, he's a good one. :tu
:lol just saying we don't know what it will take. For example, Pau wanted to stay but he got a HEFTY contract considering age, production and the state of the C position in the league.
Patty was resigned but he got PAID.
A couple of seasons ago, DWorst wanted to elope for a winning situation.
These veterans sometimes come at a discount but they want to bandwagon to the best situation.
Lee obviously opted out for reasons unknown. He was one of the better players in the team last season. He was about 4th or 5th in winshares or something of that nature. He played well (and I wasn't even in his bandwagon, but due must be paid, he was a very good big to have).... opted out who knows why.. even when he was injured, so it was a risk to him financially.
Jsimms? I know you aren't a fan and he can be a polemic creating player, but he played well in the playoffs when Pop needed him to, and he has had a good start to this season in a very reasonable contract. He simply left bc he wanted a better situation for himself minutes wise and opportunities to grow his game further.
Any number of things can make someone go. For a younger player, a bigger paycheck elsewhere is enough, maybe the opportunity for playing time...
I don't worry about the roster so much, but can't say I have liked some contracts the Spurs handed out. The team is winning though and I am not going to bitch about it while things are going well... Just know that I wouldn't take anyone for granted.

If the team does well however, it does increase chances of ppl staying. Losing or going home early does sour the taste a lot on guys. (heh! Lamarcus himself wanted to get traded after his humiliation in the playoffs).

P.S. who could forget Dedmon? Starting player for the Spurs falling out of favor in the playoffs completely. One just knew he was going to sign somewhere else... etc.
No arguments. Although I will say that there shouldn't have been the need to rehash what happened since every situation is it's own life happening in it's own real-time, you dig? We can try to attach history, but now we're dealing with individuals and their own individual histories running as they go. David West is the closest historical example, (giving up good money to join a winner) but this is different. Rudy could easily be a starter and a big-time contributor, given certain circumstances, but West was already a has-been and many times a detriment on the floor.
Rudy is a very interesting case. He's in a sweet-spot in his life where he's made a ton of money already and, while not Old- frustrated with his career to the Nth degree. His rhetoric bears his mindset of his situation and his attitude towards it.

As long as this team does what it can do and that means a good season in a cray talented West and a good run in the playoffs without significant drama and he feels like he's an integral part of the team:
He ain't leaving. I firmly believe this.

I am the 1st to say that I call no guarantees though.
Always have to have an out...

SAGirl
10-22-2017, 09:17 PM
I am the 1st to say that I call no guarantees though.
Always have to have an out...
Specially here, where ppl want to pin you down like this is an election or life or death situation.... I don't care so much about keeping score as I do about exchanging opinions.
I tend to agree with you that he's more likely to re-sign than not and that is all one can ask for all things considered.
Postseason play determines a lot. I am not entirely 100% set on the fact the Spurs won't try to trade ppl away next summer tbh. But they failed this summer and may fail again next summer, so re-sing Rudy might be the best they can do (and Danny). AFter that, everyone else is pretty much on their own to get their own offers.

tonight...you
10-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Specially here, where ppl want to pin you down like this is an election or life or death situation.... I don't care so much about keeping score as I do about exchanging opinions.
I tend to agree with you that he's more likely to re-sign than not and that is all one can ask for all things considered.
Postseason play determines a lot. I am not entirely 100% set on the fact the Spurs won't try to trade ppl away next summer tbh. But they failed this summer and may fail again next summer, so re-sing Rudy might be the best they can do (and Danny). AFter that, everyone else is pretty much on their own to get their own offers.
We'll see how things go as they come across our bow, as they say.
Actually, I don't think anybody says that... Hmmm.

Seventyniner
10-22-2017, 09:31 PM
I don't care so much about keeping score as I do about exchanging opinions.

Puts you in an unfortunate minority tbh.

BackHome
10-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Man I think Rudy will be looked at the biggest free agent signing this summer. He is playing some great ball and really fits in with this team I love watching him and Manu play together it’s crazy how Mnau sets him up and how easy he finishes the play. We finally got a legit third offensive threat. Kawhi , LMA, and now Rudy

cd021
10-23-2017, 03:10 PM
If injury or poor play by Murray or Anderson doesn't sort it out organically, it's going to get awkward when Parker returns. He has to start, not out of respect or anything beyond the rotation making sense because Mills-Parker-Ginobili doesn't.

Agreed; Parker has to start either way, if nothing else because it's an odd fit with the Parker-Mills-Manu trio off the bench. I think Anderson has proved himself as a top 10 rotation player though he may end up being the odd man out still. I expect Murray to continue to play well-hopefully which would probably lead to the possibilities.

1. Pop eventually phases Murray out of the rotation save for injures to Parker or Mills, blowouts and occasional second quarter minutes.

2. Pop starts Parker and splits the backup PG duties between Mills and Murray (like he did in 14-15 with Mills and Cojo, though he eventually went with Mills late in the season and the playoffs)

3. Pop starts Parker and slides Murray into the bench rotation with Mills, Manu, Gay and Joff.

Unless and maybe even if Parker looks even worse than he's mostly looked in recent seasons, I doubt they'll try to push him out the door anytime soon, especially with Ginobili probably playing his final season. Even if, at some point in the next year, it's obvious that Murray is clearly better, as you said and I've said countless times, he can take Ginobili's rotation spot, with the non blowout closing minutes at PG up for grabs as well.

Agreed. I just don't see them forcing Parker out. He want's to play another three years but that is unrealistic and I think him and PATFO come to a mutual agreement that next season if the final year. It could get weird if Manu doesn't retire and Murray is stuck playing like 15 minutes per game next season, though.

Think Forbes would have to play beyond well to even make them consider trading Mills. Most likely, they sort out the back court logjam by allowing Forbes to go elsewhere for greater opportunity and Ginobili retiring.

The biggest issue with trading Mills is PG is the deepest position in the league and 3 years, $36 million is a lot for a player that maxes out as above average bench point guard. Besides that, Forbes as the 3rd PG is a definite question mark. Forbes has only played 300 minutes in 39 games over two seasons and only shot 31.5% from 3. While I think he better than I initially gave him credit, I don't see it with him in the NBA.

That being said, the Spurs are going to be over the cap and I highly doubt that another team is going to make him an offer ( I think the same can be said for Anderson as an RFA) I could see the Spurs offering him a cheap two or three year deal just to see if he can ever turn into something.

TD 21
10-23-2017, 06:32 PM
Agreed; Parker has to start either way, if nothing else because it's an odd fit with the Parker-Mills-Manu trio off the bench. I think Anderson has proved himself as a top 10 rotation player though he may end up being the odd man out still. I expect Murray to continue to play well-hopefully which would probably lead to the possibilities.

1. Pop eventually phases Murray out of the rotation save for injures to Parker or Mills, blowouts and occasional second quarter minutes.

2. Pop starts Parker and splits the backup PG duties between Mills and Murray (like he did in 14-15 with Mills and Cojo, though he eventually went with Mills late in the season and the playoffs)

3. Pop starts Parker and slides Murray into the bench rotation with Mills, Manu, Gay and Joff.

Agreed. I just don't see them forcing Parker out. He want's to play another three years but that is unrealistic and I think him and PATFO come to a mutual agreement that next season if the final year. It could get weird if Manu doesn't retire and Murray is stuck playing like 15 minutes per game next season, though.

The biggest issue with trading Mills is PG is the deepest position in the league and 3 years, $36 million is a lot for a player that maxes out as above average bench point guard. Besides that, Forbes as the 3rd PG is a definite question mark. Forbes has only played 300 minutes in 39 games over two seasons and only shot 31.5% from 3. While I think he better than I initially gave him credit, I don't see it with him in the NBA.

That being said, the Spurs are going to be over the cap and I highly doubt that another team is going to make him an offer ( I think the same can be said for Anderson as an RFA) I could see the Spurs offering him a cheap two or three year deal just to see if he can ever turn into something.

Joseph is a good example. Murray could drastically outplay Anderson and force their hand, but he'll probably mostly be out of the rotation, with Pop looking for any excuse to play him.

Maybe if it's to the point where Parker looks beyond finished and they can rationalize it that they think too much of him to have him embarrass himself. But it was one thing to have this conversation with Horry, Bowen, Finley, Bonner, etc., it'll be another to do it with Parker.

True. Think Mills' reputation as a good teammate is so strong that they could probably salary dump him, but it's not a given.

Disagree. A team like Raptors, for example, who has almost no flexibility and a need for a Forbes type, would make a lot of sense. Would have to believe someone takes a shot and give him a (Seth) Curry or Daniels type deal.

dabom
10-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Joseph is a good example. Murray could drastically outplay Anderson and force their hand, but he'll probably mostly be out of the rotation, with Pop looking for any excuse to play him.

Maybe if it's to the point where Parker looks beyond finished and they can rationalize it that they think too much of him to have him embarrass himself. But it was one thing to have this conversation with Horry, Bowen, Finley, Bonner, etc., it'll be another to do it with Parker.

True. Think Mills' reputation as a good teammate is so strong that they could probably salary dump him, but it's not a given.

Disagree. A team like Raptors, for example, who has almost no flexibility and a need for a Forbes type, would make a lot of sense. Would have to believe someone takes a shot and give him a (Seth) Curry or Daniels type deal.

Parker is not gonna get starter minutes. DM will take that starting spot like Kawhi did his. The team will play better with DM and PM as our PGs. DM is not an effective SG. Putting him there will not make him a better player or will help the Spurs win.

TD 21
10-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Parker is not gonna get starter minutes. DM will take that starting spot like Kawhi did his. The team will play better with DM and PM as our PGs. DM is not an effective SG. Putting him there will not make him a better player or will help the Spurs win.

Not minutes typically associated with a starter, but Parker will probably average in the range of 20-24 mpg.

Whether when Parker returns (taking Anderson's rotation spot) or next season, if Ginobili retires, Murray will effectively play his role: PG on offense, SG on defense.

dabom
10-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Not minutes typically associated with a starter, but Parker will probably average in the range of 20-24 mpg.

Whether when Parker returns (taking Anderson's rotation spot) or next season, if Ginobili retires, Murray will effectively play his role: PG on offense, SG on defense.

I'm arguing DM will be a starter in front of Parker.

BatManu20
10-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Amtsb4X7zsQ

dabom
10-23-2017, 09:54 PM
Incoming highlights. :tu

dabom
10-23-2017, 10:33 PM
https://streamable.com/urqsi

DAF86
10-23-2017, 10:35 PM

lol sons. Murray will need to chill a bit if he doesn't want to end on Pop's wrong side. I love that the kid's got some attitude but you know how things roll with Pop. :lol

dabom
10-23-2017, 10:36 PM
The whole scuffle. :lol

https://streamable.com/wietc

dabom
10-23-2017, 10:40 PM
lol sons. Murray will need to chill a bit if he doesn't want to end on Pop's wrong side. I love that the kid's got some attitude but you know how things roll with Pop. :lol
Pop was like, I'm too old for this shit. :lol

bic50
10-23-2017, 10:47 PM
Murray just showing pop he can be a leader. I'm sure that's what pop wants to see

NASpurs
10-23-2017, 11:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqghlOKdQ7c&feature=youtu.be

dabom
10-23-2017, 11:36 PM
:wow

r0drig0lac
10-24-2017, 04:57 AM

lmao ...fucking alpha

TD 21
10-24-2017, 05:19 PM

Won't happen because Mills-Parker-Ginobili makes no sense and they won't have either Parker or Mills out of the rotation.

MaNu4Tres
10-24-2017, 05:27 PM
Won't happen because Mills-Parker-Ginobili makes no sense and they won't have either Parker or Mills out of the rotation.

Spurs wont be better under this scenario on either end of the floor.

They have a higher ceiling starting Murray & playing him 25 + minutes a night even when TP gets back.

If Spurs want to beat GS they have to ride Murray as the starting point guard.

sasaint
10-24-2017, 05:31 PM

They have a higher ceiling starting Murray & playing him 25 + minutes a night even when TP gets back.

Murray - +/- 30 mins for Spurs.
Mills - +/- 25 mins for ?

TD 21
10-24-2017, 05:38 PM

All probably true, but we both know it's not happening.

MaNu4Tres
10-24-2017, 05:43 PM
All probably true, but we both know it's not happening.

Im not so sure anymore. What Pop said post game has me thinking he may be finally changing his tune. Plus, you cant simply ignore the huge impact Murray is giving the team in all the ways hes doing it. If he sustains this type of impact, Pop cant play the seniority card any longer w/ TP & Mills. Murray could be too damn good.

I think it was when Jabari asked him why he opted to keep Murray in the game to close, while an experience player like Mills sat.

And Pop pretty much said, the best player will play regardless of contract or who they are.

TD 21
10-24-2017, 05:55 PM
Im not so sure anymore. What Pop said post game has me thinking he may be finally changing his tune. Plus, you cant simply ignore the huge impact Murray is giving the team in all the ways hes doing it. If he sustains this type of impact, Pop cant play the seniority card any longer w/ TP & Mills. Murray could be too damn good.

I think it was when Jabari asked him why he opted to keep Murray in the game to close, while an experience player like Mills sat.

And Pop pretty much said, the best player will play regardless of contract or who they are.

But that was closing. Gasol is playing with about as little effort as possible, yet still starting and getting 23.7 mpg.

Would have to see Pop drop Parker or Mills from the rotation to believe it.

dabom
10-24-2017, 05:57 PM
But that was closing. Gasol is playing with about as little effort as possible, yet still starting and getting 23.7 mpg.

You're wrong brah. :lol

tonight...you
10-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Stay Strong. I'm in your corner, big dog.

dabom
10-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Stay Strong. I'm in your corner, big dog.

Always on the side of history. :tu

MaNu4Tres
10-24-2017, 06:08 PM

With Gasol though theres no other option of at C, unless Pop goes small with Gay/ Kyle starting at the 4/3 (which he shld do).

At TP/ Pattys position its a different story bc of DeJounte.

Call me crazy, but I think the gap between the young guards ( Forbes, Paul, White) & vets TP/ Patty is smaller than people think and its continuing to shrink as time continues to pass on by. Murray already closed the gap and is passed that.

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 06:16 PM
With Gasol though theres no other option of at C, unless Pop goes small with Gay/ Kyle starting at the 4/3 (which he shld do).

Call me crazy, but I think the gap between the young guards ( Forbes, Paul, White) & vets TP/ Patty is smaller than people think and its continuing to shrink as time continues to pass on by. Murray already closed the gap and is passed that.
I agree with you and I hope you are completely right.

TD 21
10-24-2017, 06:17 PM

True, but if it were purely based on merit, Gasol would be in competition with Lauvergne for 10-15 mpg backing up Aldridge.

Agree with the gap being minimal, but politics will be a factor.

Like your Mills to Timberwolves trade idea (though I'd prefer to not help them). Won't happen, but would clear up logjam, pave way for Murray to possibly start in perpetuity and play PG on both sides of the ball, as well as Forbes being re-signed.

dabom
10-24-2017, 06:56 PM
Mills to the wolves. Playing porker and Murray. :lol