PDA

View Full Version : Artest wants to box Ben Wallace.

phyzik
10-17-2005, 04:02 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051016/SPORTS04/510160420

IndyStar.com Sports Pacers

October 16, 2005

Hot corner
Artest talks to Penthouse

At first, Ron Artest didn't want to appear in Penthouse magazine.

"I was going to shy away from it, with all the bad press I'm getting," the Indiana Pacers forward said. "But they gave me the opportunity to talk about my family and charities . . . things people don't know about me."

Artest will be featured in the December issue, which hits newsstands Oct. 25. He is shown on the cover with three bikini-clad women.

The interview reveals his gentler side. Of Pacers president Larry Bird, he says, "God put us together for a reason. He says he'd give up his salary for a year if 20 other millionaires would do the same to help poor people. And he agrees with Bill Cosby that poor African-Americans aren't doing enough to help themselves."

Artest also suggests that he and Ben Wallace box on pay-per-view for $10 million. :rolleyes

Pistons < Spurs
10-17-2005, 04:09 PM
I got all my VBookie on Ben! :fro

phyzik
10-17-2005, 04:09 PM
I got all my VBookie on Ben! :fro

same, 1st round KO :elephant

cheguevara
10-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Wallace seems slow, I think in a boxing match Artest would win. But in a street fight, Artest would be doomed

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-17-2005, 04:16 PM
My money's on Ben. In addition to a considerable size and strength advantage you must also consider the shock absorbing properties of the fro.

boutons
10-17-2005, 04:17 PM
"Artest also suggests that he and Ben Wallace box"

Artest is still as psychopathologically nuts, as out of control stupid as ever.
Is he a crack baby?

Such a shame, he's damn good, hustling bballer.

TOP-CHERRY
10-17-2005, 04:21 PM
He obviously missed the point of his suspension. What a cretin.

angel_luv
10-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Artest will be featured in the December issue, which hits newsstands Oct. 25. He is shown on the cover with three bikini-clad women.

The interview reveals his gentler side.

:lmao

That phrasing is classic!

Summers
10-17-2005, 04:28 PM
My money's on Ben. In addition to a considerable size and strength advantage you must also consider the shock absorbing properties of the fro.

:lol

Big Ben. He's a bad mother-shut-your-mouth!

Angel, I would never have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out.

ducks
10-17-2005, 04:36 PM
better then fucking him!

Marklar MM
10-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Ben's fro could take Artest.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-17-2005, 04:38 PM
I'd watch

TheWriter
10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
That's a sane person.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
And on the undercard will be the long anticipated rematch between Danny Bonnaduci and Greg Brady. And there's got to be a special referee. Any candidates jump to mind?

nkdlunch
10-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Bevetta?

Marklar MM
10-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Crawford

samikeyp
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Indy fan's positive spin in 5.....4......3 :lol

Ben would KILL that freak.

phyzik
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
special referee should be the guy that got punched.

BTW, where the hell is ArtestFactor? :lol

adidas11
10-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Artest is an idiot. From what happened last year, he should really keep his mouth shut about that whole ordeal...

No sense in bringing up old wounds...

But since we're putting our money on it, I'd take Artest in 6 rounds. Ben Wallace is a pussy.

TheTruth
10-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Gotta love when people are able to rehabilitate themselves and turn their lives around. Too bad Artest is too much of an idiot do any of those things.

nkdlunch
10-17-2005, 05:09 PM
More classic Artest quotes:

"I've never taken medication (to control moods) in my life. Doctors have suggested it and I say, 'OK, give it to me.' But I throw it in the garbage immediately." -- Ron Ron.

"You break it, you bought it." -- Ron Artest, on having to pay for the camera he broke.

"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest. :lmao

As a teenager, Ron Artest played in an AAU Tournament, got angry and knocked over two water coolers. He then told his coach, "I don't know what's wrong with those buckets."

Ron Artest says, "He's still Michael Jordan. But I broke two of his ribs!!"

1Parker1
10-17-2005, 05:33 PM
He is shown on the cover with three bikini-clad women.......The interview reveals his gentler side. Larry Bird,....."God put us together for a reason. He says he'd give up his salary for a year if 20 other millionaires would do the same to help poor people. And he agrees with Bill Cosby that poor African-Americans aren't doing enough to help themselves."

Artest also suggests that he and Ben Wallace box on pay-per-view for $10 million. :rolleyes

:lol There is so much wrong with what this article reveals.

jochhejaam
10-17-2005, 05:55 PM
After the famous Ben Wallace push of Artest Big Ben got into his boxing stance, stalking Artest while dancing on his toes ala-Muhammad Ali.
Big Ben by TKO in Round 1. :lol

Ben won't even acknowledge that trash talk, he's got too much class.

Leetonidas
10-17-2005, 06:35 PM

Ben is only like 6'9"...

But he's much stronger than Ron-Ron. Ben would kick his ass. :fro

romsey31
10-17-2005, 07:13 PM

They are about the same size. Artest is probably heavier and no less than 1 inch shorter.

romsey31
10-17-2005, 07:17 PM
They are about the same size. Artest is probably heavier and no less than 1 inch shorter.
As a Pacer fan I just learn 2 ignore whatever he says (since 99.9 % of the time its garbage) and just hope he sticks to playing ball...he's crazy as hell.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
10-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Artest would go out all agressive but his punches won't send the 'fro down. He also can't leave his guard down for one second or he'd be history. Big Ben will wait until Artest gets tired and then he'll land a knock out punch in the middle of the sixth round.

So my prediciton: Big Ben by KO in the 6th. Book it.

ShoogarBear
10-17-2005, 07:30 PM
I think Artest was trying to be funny about boxing Wallace, like with his quote about the All-Star game. The guy is immature and unstable, but sometimes I think he's just trying to give a good quote. If Shaq had said the same thing, everyone would have gotten it.

romsey31
10-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Artest would go out all agressive but his punches won't send the 'fro down. He also can't leave his guard down for one second or he'd be history. Big Ben will wait until Artest gets tired and then he'll land a knock out punch in the middle of the sixth round.

So my prediciton: Big Ben by KO in the 6th. Book it.

But since you guys are taking the crap he says seriously I think I should inform you guys that Artest's father was a boxer....

Summers
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
But since you guys are taking the crap he says seriously I think I should inform you guys that Artest's father was a boxer....

Hold up! Re-do the v-bookie! :lol (I didn't know that... that's interesting).

romsey31
10-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Hold up! Re-do the v-bookie! :lol (I didn't know that... that's interesting).

Sunday morning, Ron Artest called his dad. "Ron's OK," says Artest Sr., who ... Ron Sr.
is a Navy vet and a former Golden Gloves boxer out of Philadelphia. ...

http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol6no02artest.html

phyzik
10-17-2005, 08:00 PM

My father competed nationally at drag strips (nothing like NHRA though), he taught me a thing or two about it and I did a few races. Doesnt mean Im about to challenge a bigger more powerfull car to a race just because I have some experience.

And its not that Im taking the comment seriously I just think its in bad taste and stupid of him to mention something like that after what happened the last time they came to blows, even if he was just trying to be funny. Some people can never learn to just shut the hell up, they continue to insist on being idiots.

I seriously wonder if people like Artest go back and read the articles to see some of the quotes they have made and think to themselves how clever they must appear to everyone else.

mrpach
10-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Some kind of psycological test should be mandatory in order to enter the nba

sickdsm
10-17-2005, 08:38 PM
People think that artest is small for some reason. I think if artest would be able to keep his composure he'd beat Ben in boxing but i don't think that would happan.

Ultimate/street fighting i'd easily take Ron.

But seriously. I'd pay $50 pay per view to see that shit. Thats a moneymaker waiting to happan.

I'm SURE that that would fit into each others contracts also. :lol

bdubya
10-17-2005, 08:43 PM
With Artest's boxing experience, I think he'd have the advantage, but Ben would still have a puncher's chance.

Personally, I'd like to see a WWF bout between Darko and Madsen. Oh, wait....

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/MIRW10410170106.jpg

...I already saw that. Nevermind.

Marklar MM
10-17-2005, 08:45 PM
With Artest's boxing experience, I think he'd have the advantage, but Ben would still have a puncher's chance.

Personally, I'd like to see a WWF bout between Darko and Madsen. Oh, wait....

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/MIRW10410170106.jpg

...I already saw that. Nevermind.

Darko has Madsen tapping out.

Despot
10-17-2005, 08:49 PM
My father competed nationally at drag strips (nothing like NHRA though), he taught me a thing or two about it and I did a few races. Doesnt mean Im about to challenge a bigger more powerfull car to a race just because I have some experience.

Apples and Oranges, in a car, you are limited to what you can do, if he can go 150mph, and you can only go 90, you are in trouble, no matter your experience. But I bet that a guy with boxing experience, (I heard awhile back that several NBA players train by sparring, and boxing workouts, great for stamina) could beat a guy that is bigger and stronger and has no boxing experience. Size and strength does not always mean that you will win a boxing match, speed and reflexes are just as important. I'm not picking who would win, just trying to add to the conversation.

What the hell am I doing?? This post is a waste of time, although I would love to see it. Although I will say, I wish more players would play with at least 1/4 the heart that Artest does, I respect him for that.

HB22inSA
10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Street fight or not, Ben's too slow, Artest would eat him up.

It's good to have power, but speed is the best thing you can have in a fight.

jochhejaam
10-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Ben would have Ron on the canvas so often they'd have to rename him Rembrandt.

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/00/05/20041213001809990004

nkdlunch
10-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Ben is mostly show, he's too nice. Artest on the other hand would try to murder him.

Mr_MVP21
10-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Nah, Artest would be punked by Ben.
Didn't the footage from the "Brawl" show that when he got mad, he ran over to fight the fans instead of Ben Wallace who shoved him earlier. Artest knows he will get schooled by Wallace.

Obstructed_View
10-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Penthouse magazine is still around? I thought they went bankrupt years ago.

101A
10-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Penthouse magazine is still around? I thought they went bankrupt years ago.

Yes it did. Do you understand bankruptcy in this country. Most of the airlines flying are in bankruptcy RIGHT NOW.

Medvedenko
10-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I heard Swank and Cheri turned him down.....

50 cent
10-18-2005, 12:48 PM
I actually think Ron would kick Ben's ass. Ron is much quicker and much crazier than Wallace and being quick and crazy are two major advantages in a fight.

I think they should have a UFC fight on PPV. :tu

Obstructed_View
10-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Yes it did. Do you understand bankruptcy in this country. Most of the airlines flying are in bankruptcy RIGHT NOW.
Do you understand how to punctuate a question? Until then, shut up.

cheguevara
10-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Artest did break MJ's ribs in a pickup game. This is how the fight would go. In the middle of the 2nd round, Wallace gets distracted fixing his afro and wham! down goes ben

SenorSpur
10-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey, he had his chance last November. Had he fought Ben on that night, perhaps the Motown melee would have been limited to just an on-court fight. Rather than spilling over into the stands, as it did.

My pick: Ben takes him alive in round five.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 02:19 PM
I would pay money to see that fight. It would not be totally one sided. Sure Artest shyed away from ben wallace during the night of the Malice in the Palace, but Ben's major advantage would be his superior reach.

Artest is much faster and very big though.

cheguevara
10-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I doubt Ben has much reach advantage. Artest has long arms and their height difference is only 2"

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Ben is an undersized center playing against 7 footers

i figure by definition he has to have a reach advantage

Plus Sean Elliott said it best " has got[B] LIMBS for arms"

Marklar MM
10-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Ben is an undersized center playing against 7 footers

i figure by definition he has to have a reach advantage

Plus Sean Elliott said it best " has got[B] LIMBS for arms"

Limbs...more like tree trunks.

bigzak25
10-18-2005, 02:46 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051016/SPORTS04/510160420

IndyStar.com Sports Pacers

October 16, 2005

Hot corner
Artest talks to Penthouse

At first, Ron Artest didn't want to appear in Penthouse magazine.

"I was going to shy away from it, with all the bad press I'm getting," the Indiana Pacers forward said. "But they gave me the opportunity to talk about my family and charities . . . things people don't know about me."

The interview reveals his gentler side. Of Pacers president Larry Bird, he says, "God put us together for a reason. He says he'd give up his salary for a year if 20 other millionaires would do the same to help poor people. And he agrees with Bill Cosby that poor African-Americans aren't doing enough to help themselves."

Artest's heart is in the right place, from his WORDS.

but actions speak louder. and he just doesn't have the BALLS to give up
his salary on his own does he? He needs 20 others...

why doesn't he grow a fuckin pair and LEAD THE WAY?

EXACTLY. CUZ HE'S NO LEADER...NOT YET ANYWAY.

Take the first step Ron, don't TALK, WALK!!!

as for boxing Wallace? please, he had his chance and he backed down like a bitch and decided to box fans instead.

I actually LIKE Ron Artest. He has fire. But until he learns to CONTROL it, it's a big waste.

pussies talk, MEN walk. :smokin

dmac
10-18-2005, 03:02 PM
My money's on Ben. In addition to a considerable size and strength advantage you must also consider the shock absorbing properties of the fro.there will be 2 hits, ben hits ron, ron hits the canvas.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Limbs...more like tree trunks.

he said it during a pistons game...it was funny because he really did mean tree trunks, but he just said "limbs for arms"

get it?

Marklar MM
10-18-2005, 03:03 PM
sure

Mavs<Spurs
10-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Ben is only like 6'9"...

But he's much stronger than Ron-Ron. Ben would kick his ass. :fro

Doesn't Ben bench some ungodly amount (like 600 pounds or something)?
Only person Ben needs to be afraid of is Shaq. Commentators noticed that Ben took a beating from Shaq and it took a while for him to get over that.
Although Artest is crazy and big, he would get slaughtered in a fight with Big Ben. I think Artest needs some professional help, especially before he makes Ben mad. That would not be good.
:fro

Mavs<Spurs
10-18-2005, 03:10 PM
People think that artest is small for some reason. I think if artest would be able to keep his composure he'd beat Ben in boxing but i don't think that would happan.

Ultimate/street fighting i'd easily take Ron.

But seriously. I'd pay $50 pay per view to see that shit. Thats a

moneymaker waiting to happan.

I'm SURE that that would fit into each others contracts also. :lol

No doubt Artest is a great athlete, very quick but also extremely strong. But next to Ben, he might as well be Pee Wee Herman on a bike.
:fro

Mavs<Spurs
10-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Nah, Artest would be punked by Ben.
Didn't the footage from the "Brawl" show that when he got mad, he ran over to fight the fans instead of Ben Wallace who shoved him earlier. Artest knows he will get schooled by Wallace.

Exactly. He didn't stick around to see what Ben would do to him. Think he knows something that you might be missing, like the power of Brute force?
Time to notify next of kin. Anybody get that license plate number? And what the heck is that grease spot on the pavement?

bigzak25
10-18-2005, 03:17 PM
boxing is about skill and stamina.

if artest has boxing knowledge?

if it's in a controled 'boxing' environment with a ref?

Ron could beat Ben. Although I do agree, If Ben connects on one of his punches, Ron is going down hard. :tu

i don't know what kind of 'Boxing' knowledge Ben has.

but if i was on the street? i know i'm backing the fro. i got ben's back fo sure.

now imagine an NBA team with BOTH of them on it?

a defensive dream if Ron could be disciplined....

Mavs<Spurs
10-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Some kind of psycological test should be mandatory in order to enter the nba

What? Do you want to cripple the Pacers and the Pistons?
Your favorite team in the East must be Miami.
Besides Latrelle Sprewell's family has to eat!
:lol :fro

nkdlunch
10-18-2005, 03:18 PM
a defensive dream if Ron could be disciplined....

his name is Bruce Bowen, and he plays for the SPURS! :tu

Marklar MM
10-18-2005, 03:20 PM
What? Do you want to cripple the Pacers and the Pistons?
Your favorite team in the East must be Miami.
Besides Latrelle Sprewell's family has to eat!
:lol :fro

Nah, just the Pacers. Sheed only has issues with refs who call garbage.

Rummpd
10-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Artest has bulked up to 260 according to reports but I would give it to Ben as well =bigger heart!

Marklar MM
10-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Artest has bulked up to 260 according to reports but I would give it to Ben as well =bigger heart!

I've been hearing he is up around 270-275.

bdubya
10-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Doesn't Ben bench some ungodly amount (like 600 pounds or something)?

"Only" 460 (for multiple reps - no clue what his single-rep max would be).

jochhejaam
10-18-2005, 05:06 PM
CUZ HE'S NO LEADER...

Ron doesn't have the mental capacity to be a leader. I don't say this to degrade Ron but when he's interviewed he comes across as being dumb. I swear I feel sorry for the guy, watching him struggle to put thoughts together...
He's a great basketball talent but I'm not sure he'll ever be able to control himself without some serious outside intervention, be it medication, education...something.
It'll be intense to watch Ron and Ben in their first rematch since the Artest meltdown.
I just checked the schedule and we play the Pacers 4 times this season but the rematch isn't until the 46th game of the season, Feb. 4th :wow ...think the powers that be had something to do with that late rematch? :lol
Probably a wise decision on the leagues part, Ron stands a fair chance of being suspended by then.

smeagol
10-18-2005, 06:00 PM
What a moron!

kris
10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I have no idea how Ben fights, but from Artest's display of going up in the stands, he has little or no discipline. He didn't look very impressive at all going up against those average sized fans. Someone punching straight on could have gave him a good blow before he ever connected with his roundhouse right. Artest seems like he would be going on straight size and craziness alone, which wouldn't go very far against a good fighter in the same size range. Ron's words show aggression, but I didn't see it when Ben pushed him or when he was afraid a fan might punch him. He might just be a big p**** that tries to pysche people out.

ALVAREZ6
10-18-2005, 08:19 PM
That's why Artest is the biggest chode.

ALVAREZ6
10-18-2005, 08:22 PM
That's just him gaining weight from not playing, so he's a fat chode now

sickdsm
10-18-2005, 09:15 PM
Its not like he's had a major injury like Voshon and thats why he's big. Carslie was quoted not too long ago about Artest logging some big minutes at PF. Dude's pretty damn big/buff.

Has anyone else here actually been in any fights? Funny, anyone thats done some boxing is saying artest but I honestly believe most of the others in this thread are Tyler Durdin's before they hung out at Lou's Tavern.

phyzik
10-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Its not like he's had a major injury like Voshon and thats why he's big. Carslie was quoted not too long ago about Artest logging some big minutes at PF. Dude's pretty damn big/buff.

Has anyone else here actually been in any fights? Funny, anyone thats done some boxing is saying artest but I honestly believe most of the others in this thread are Tyler Durdin's before they hung out at Lou's Tavern.

Are you refering to Edward Nortons character (who was never named in the actual film but is referred to as "Jack" on the DVD box and in the menus) the skinny guy who's life goes to crap?

or are you talking about Brad Pitts character Tyler Durden, the badass in the movie.

either you got them mixed up or Im just not reading it right.

sickdsm
10-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Neither one of there personalities had ever been into a fight before, they stated this outside of Lou's. I used Tyler's name bc everyone knows who that is.

I prefer "Narrator" so someone doesn't actually think his name is Jack.

Rummpd
10-19-2005, 09:50 PM
I boxed golden gloves and then was a ring doctor in some fights on the semipro level.

Boxing is discipline as much as anything and confidence. I cannot see Ben backing down from Artest, who would scare many lessor men, Ben in my opinion wins over a loose cannon like Artest unless Artest lands one early in a lucky flurry.(Artest does seem to have some baby fat on him on the SI cover!)

I would pay to see this actually!

by the way fans of the sweet science of boxing - Rocky lives and "Rocky Balboa" is coming to a theater near you next year!!!!!

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2005, 09:54 PM
I'd pay to see Artest get the shit kicked out of him.

Obstructed_View
10-19-2005, 11:02 PM
I'd pay to see Artest get the shit kicked out of him.
Werd. That is a dude in serious need of an ass kicking.

milkyway21
10-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Werd. That is a dude in serious need of an ass kicking.

I'd bet on Big Ben.

Penthouse magazine is still around? I thought they went bankrupt years ago.http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2005/1020/photo/pmg_artestcover_195.jpgArtest really became the next Rodman in the NBA...

Artest reveals new ideas in PenthouseBy Mark Kreidler
Special to ESPN.com

Here's the great thing about Ron Artest: He really had to think about it before he appeared in Penthouse magazine. You know, the everyday Penthouse kinds of concern. But, in the end, it was worth it, since Artest says he got to show the world "my family and charities ... things people don't know about me."

Here's one thing: Artest wants to fight Ben Wallace on pay-per-view for $10 million. His sensitive side finally shows itself!

You want to take your NBA seriously? Great news: The NBA certainly wants you to. The league handed down this killer dress code recently that is clearly designed to take out the gangsta element, along with the fun element, the casual element, the sweatpants-getting-on-the-bus element and almost every other element not directly related to shirt, tie and coat.

Reading over the code, you get this horrible vision of entire teams posing for Men's Wearhouse ads. But who needs a locker room full of David Sterns when you can have at least one locker room with a Ron Artest in it?

Penthouse Media Group Inc.
Artest reveals some of his inner most thoughts in Penthouse.Artest is as close to antiestablishment as anyone fully within the establishment can be. (And look, at the end of the day, he's a pro ballplayer making millions and staying in five-star lodges -- he's establishment through and through.) The man is fast becoming the Dennis Rodman of his age.

Like Rodman, Artest absolutely can play. And like Rodman, Artest knows it. When the Pacers forward says, as he did recently to the Chicago Sun-Times, "Most of the places I go, fans love me ... They all want me on their teams":lmao -- well, that's a lot closer to the truth than away from it.

Artest also is a classic clown, which Rodman came to be over the years. Rodman wasn't that way in the beginning; only with the passage of time and the gradual increase in his visibility and basketball prowess did he morph into the boa-wearing goof that he eventually became.

Ron Artest is on that path right now. I don't have the slightest idea whether "the NBA" is better or worse off for it (is that Stern's NBA, or the NBA of the fans?), and on so many levels it doesn't matter. Since the man can play, he'll be tolerated in every incarnation: fighter Ron, rapper Ron, Penthouse Ron, autobiographical Ron.

“ Artest is essentially committed to not changing a thing about himself, especially the parts that others find outrageous. As the man already has discovered, like Rodman and a million before him, outrageous sells. ”

Oh, didn't hear that one? It's another Rodman-ism. Artest says he is lending help on what is being described as a semiautobiographical movie project. Think Eminem with hops. "8 Punch."

Little drips and drabs of the Penthouse interview have begun to leak out, which portray Artest as exactly the kind of multilevel (or multiple-personality, take your pick) guy he appears. In one breath, he's touting something as ludicrous as formalized fisticuffs with Detroit's Wallace, his court-brawl sparring partner; in another, he is very seriously saying of Pacers president Larry Bird, "God put us together for a reason," going on to praise Bird for his willingness to help the poor.

Of course, the entirety of that interview lies somewhere behind the Penthouse cover for the December issue, which shows Artest posing with three bikini-clad women. Clearly, they didn't read David Stern's dress code. :lol

Artest is essentially committed to not changing a thing about himself, especially the parts that others find outrageous. As the man already has discovered, like Rodman and a million before him, outrageous sells.

He reported to camp weighing 260 pounds and immediately said he wished he was at 280 -- you know, the better to break other people over his knee and all that. He showed up last week for his first exhibition with the Pacers, his first NBA action since serving that 73-game suspension last season, and immediately put to rest the notion of a kinder, gentler Artest taking the floor.

"I'm going to continue playing hard and out of control, like a wild animal that needs to be caged in," Artest said. He then went out and proved it, picking up three fouls in 12 minutes.

He's a bad boy, you know, and people love bad boys. He's the guy who went into the stands in Detroit last year after the Pistons fan who doused him with beer, inciting a near-riot that led to the NBA suspension and a probation-and-community-service sentence in Michigan.

Of course, that would never happen again. Right, Ron?

"I don't think anybody's going to throw anything at me," Artest said, "and I don't see me reacting how I reacted."

But just in case, better keep watching. And by the way: I like Wallace over Artest in a ninth-round TKO, but only if they agree to wear gloves.

The Artest Factor
10-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Artest would beat that ugly gorilla Ben Wallace like a dirty mule.
Artest is stronger, younger, quicker, meaner, and a more skilled fighter. What chance would Bitch Wallace have but to have his ugly face caved in? Ofcourse Ben Wallace wont accept the challenge, because he's scared and he knows he'd lose. Ofcourse now people will say its because he doesnt want to affect his reputation as a good guy, yet that didnt stop it when he cheap shotted Artest twice, or tried to pick a fight with Scot Pollard last year.
Ben Wallace has a pretty body. It's lean and ripped. Good for the beach, not so good for a fight. Artest on the other hand is built like a horse, the kinda guy who could easily kill someone in a fight if he didnt control himself. I honestly think Artest could whip everyone on the Spurs at the same time.

Obstructed_View
10-21-2005, 08:13 AM
Artest is stronger, younger, quicker, meaner, and a more skilled fighter. What chance would Bitch Wallace have but to have his ugly face caved in? Ofcourse Ben Wallace wont accept the challenge, because he's scared and he knows he'd lose. Ofcourse now people will say its because he doesnt want to affect his reputation as a good guy, yet that didnt stop it when he cheap shotted Artest twice, or tried to pick a fight with Scot Pollard last year.
Ben Wallace has a pretty body. It's lean and ripped. Good for the beach, not so good for a fight. Artest on the other hand is built like a horse, the kinda guy who could easily kill someone in a fight if he didnt control himself. I honestly think Artest could whip everyone on the Spurs at the same time.
You are a chick, right?

The Artest Factor
10-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Actually, no. I'm 100% man.
Texans......ugh.

Obstructed_View
10-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Ben Wallace has a pretty body.

Well, okay there, 100 percent man. :lol

Admidave50
10-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Ben Wallace has a pretty body. It's lean and ripped. Good for the beach, not so good for a fight. Artest on the other hand is built like a horse,

You're either a bitch or a gay with these kind of comments..

jochhejaam
10-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ArtestFactor: Actually, no. I'm 100% man.

Well, okay there, 100 percent man. :lol

AI-square
10-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Damn if we have Ben Wallace vs. Ron Artest, Artest can look forward to another season on the sidelines.

bry3
10-21-2005, 08:10 PM
You guys do know that Artest grow up as a boxer right?

sickdsm
10-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Most of the places I go, fans love me ... They all want me on their teams.

Outside of probably San Antonio, Detroit and maybe Utah, i'd say thats a definate yes. The guy maybe a nutjob but didn't we all say that of Terrell Owens?

milkyway21
10-21-2005, 11:14 PM
....Artest on the other hand is built like a horse, the kinda guy who could easily kill someone in a fight if he didnt control himself. I honestly think Artest could whip everyone on the Spurs at the same time.:lmao

Artest looks like a thug but i don't think if can even beat Oberto, Rasho(or sad to say he's not here anymore-Big Dogg), in the arena....

:blah :blah :blah

Leetonidas
10-21-2005, 11:47 PM

:wow

WTF?

Is it hard to type with Artest's chode in your mouth?

Obstructed_View
10-22-2005, 04:31 AM
You guys do know that Artest grow up as a boxer right?
That must be where he learned to backpedal. If he wanted a piece of Ben Wallace, he would have stood his ground after cheap shotting him in garbage time of a game his team had already won. Instead he backed up like a little vagina and then ran into the stands to fight the smallest white guy he could find, as soon as there was an opportunity. I guess there were no little asian girls available for him to beat up.