PDA

View Full Version : The Elephant in the room: Kawhi might just be an injury-prone player.

spursistan
10-20-2017, 01:52 PM
His health and durability are now “a thing” that should cause some concern going forward, IMO.

Despite being babied by Pop for the entirety of his career— never played more than +74 games or averaged +34 MPG in a season once— he’s proven to be susceptible to all kinds of bruises, nags and bullshit viruses taking him out of competition for a bunch of weeks..

The reality is while, thankfully, Kawhi has never had a structurally damaged bodypart that would have required an invasive surgical intervention, we have ample evidence that his immune system is suspect and his pain tolerance threshold can be said to be quite low. It really doesn’t bode well for when he exits his physical prime.

I’m effin’ seething and extremely bummed that perhaps the most exciting thing about this coming Spurs’ season –Kawhi, on a revenge tour, going HAM on the entire league– has likely been derailed before it even get started. (btw Congrats Lebron on your 5th MVP, tbh.. Pop’s leash on Leonard will now get tighter, and I can’t blame him).

In this case, I can't think of nothing more depressing than to watch 35 year-old Parker beating another injury layoff timetable by a “months” margin while our franchise player remains sidelined indefinitely..:rolleyes

https://i.imgur.com/VIuM8Qz.jpg

Keepin' it real
10-20-2017, 01:54 PM
Might be?

dabom
10-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Every NBA player except Lebron has more injuries than this. It's like you don't watch the fucking NBA. :lmao

dabom
10-20-2017, 02:01 PM
Are you a fucking moron brah? :lol

rjv
10-20-2017, 02:02 PM
in regards to what would actually be a lingering issue, you can rule out dental procedure, the eye infection, gastroenteritis, the respiratory infection and the illness. That leaves 11 other "injuries". The concussion is likely not going to be a problem unless the dude just gets unlucky and gets hit in the head way more than the average NBA player. The torn ligament, quad contusion and the sprained ankle (which remained sore) were contact related. That leaves six injuries, half of which were related to the hand and the other to the quad. His hand has acted up once since 2014. So, in reality, the question is the quad and not so much whether or not he will be injury-prone but whether or not he has a more significant structural issue going on. I would also add that in Pop's system, you get a lot more DNPs than other teams because Pop is far more cautious and has total say on whether someone plays or not. If Kawhi comes back and continues to have problems with his quad (especially if is more chronic than it is contact-related) then I would consider revisiting this theory.

dabom
10-20-2017, 02:05 PM
Any attempts from OP to stoke the thread means he a dumbass. :lol

coachmac87
10-20-2017, 02:16 PM
This thread is almost as shitty as my podcast tbh

spursistan
10-20-2017, 02:20 PM
I can't say I missed Daboom lamebrained meltdowns during my forum summer hiatus :lol..

spursgu
10-20-2017, 02:24 PM
You’re one to talk OP. We’re gonna be getting your knee jerk reaction thread to every single game all year.

hater
10-20-2017, 02:35 PM
Bendover Ill show you an elephant in the room

SupremeGuy
10-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Bendover Ill show you an elephant in the room:lol

dabom
10-20-2017, 02:53 PM
You’re one to talk OP. We’re gonna be getting your knee jerk reaction thread to every single game all year.

I hope not. :lol

RD2191
10-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Why is OP talking shit about his mother?

Kool Bob Love
10-20-2017, 03:24 PM
He's just a pussy that can't play through the pain. Doesn't help that cuckovich is babying him.

AFMadison
10-20-2017, 03:27 PM
https://twitter.com/lram2/status/921455042976145409

dont know how to embed tweet

spursistan
10-20-2017, 05:32 PM
^^ yeah, that's awful look and bad news..

I don't understand why they needed to bullshit about the timetable like the Jazz do with their players' injuries..It is pretty clear it wasn't a day-to-day thing..By the end of it; it could be 6-7 months between two competitive basketball games for Kawhi..

All the reps KL had established in last year's playoffs-- him making that next leap and inching him closer to Lebron's stratosphere-- could be undone. He will come back to a situation in which Aldridge has successfully whined his way to 1st option status and without getting the chance to experiment with Point Kawhi in Parker's absence..

unleashbaynes
10-20-2017, 07:30 PM
He's just a pussy that can't play through the pain. Doesn't help that cuckovich is babying him.

Die.

cutewizard
10-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Hope Kawhi plays soon

sananspursfan21
10-20-2017, 08:29 PM
Half of those "injuries" aren't even basketball related. Excuse the guy for being a human being.

UZER
10-20-2017, 08:54 PM

Hopefully the knee jerks will lead to an injury and stop the threads.

DMC
10-20-2017, 09:57 PM
This place has gone to shit now that the inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Play Boban
10-20-2017, 10:57 PM
Might be?
Yeah, there's no might about it. Kawhi is made of glass. We'll be lucky if he's even in the league at 30 tbh.

Capt Bringdown
10-20-2017, 11:09 PM
Well then, I guess Pau, LMA, Mills and Green (aka Turdistan) will just have to redouble their efforts.

Capt Bringdown
10-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Derrick Rose part duex

bic50
10-21-2017, 08:53 AM
Yeah, there's no might about it. Kawhi is made of glass. We'll be lucky if he's even in the league at 30 tbh.
You wimps love to overreact

tholdren
10-21-2017, 09:49 AM
Why is OP talking shit about his mother?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh your momma jokes

Play Boban
10-21-2017, 03:36 PM

Incorrect. I am a Spurs realist, not a blind homer.

hater
10-21-2017, 03:37 PM
This place has gone to shit now that the inmates are in charge of the asylum.

bendover I'll show you an inmate

TheRemix
10-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Bendover Ill show you an elephant in the room

I fucking <3 spurstalk

DMC
10-21-2017, 04:22 PM
bendover I'll show you an inmate

Bend over, I'll show you a warden

spursistan
10-31-2017, 08:53 PM
Bump...

A month out and still no timetable for a return...I mean if some thigh muscle strain can get him to miss a couple of months , I shudder to think of how long his rehab process will last when he actually ruptures or seriously sprains a knee and goes under the knife.

dabom
10-31-2017, 08:54 PM
An injury does not equal "injury-prone" you dumb fuck. :lmao

spursistan
01-07-2018, 07:56 PM
Bump..

Will anyone keep on denying it? This dude is made of glass, plain and simple..

The hope was for him to some day take the torch from Lebron as the best player in the world; instead he took Anothny Davis' as the most injury-prone star in the league.

Sorry I have no room for sentimentality here: Kawhi doesn't deserve the Supermax money he will be eligible for in a couple years. His availability is at the bottom tier compared to his peer superstars.

PATFO will have to find a diplomatic way to convey this truth to him.

tonight...you
01-07-2018, 08:04 PM
Bump..

The hope was for him to some day take the torch from Lebron as the best player in the world; instead he took Anothny Davis' as the most injury-prone star in the league.

Sorry I have no room for sentimentality here: Kawhi doesn't deserve the Supermax money he will be eligible for in a couple years. His availability is at the bottom tier compared to his peer superstars.

I'm concocting the Tom Brady Treatment for him. He'll be square in two weeks and invincible.
Did I mention it was created by a Mexican? WHAT WHAT!!! PUT THEM HANDS UP!!!

Edit: I apologize for that WHAT WHAT ish...

I meant: WHAT THE WHAT WHAT!!!

bic50
01-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Bump..

You exaggerate too much

spursistan
01-07-2018, 08:10 PM
You exaggerate too much
Missing an average of 16 games per fuckin' season and you want me to call him what? :lol

You're just a homer, bro..Let's leave it there..Too much pink on those glasses..

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Bump..

Well I was never in the Kawhistan group that proposed letting him stat pad in garbage time and playing him 36 minutes each game even if it wasn't necessary.

My rationale had nothing to do with Kawhi career stats or bid for statpadding but on the fact that this is a small market that is already near the tax and which needs to develop young players in bargain deals to provide depth for the team. If Pop doesn't do that in garbage time, the team would have no depth and it would be like Clippers and many such teams which never drafted guys or developed young players to survive a long season...

But I think the Kawhistans can shut their yap on their bid to argue Kawhi should be playing 36-40 minutes each night. His body can't handle it. I think Lamarcus (and I don't want to jinx it) battles in the paint and gets hit more often, has to play a more physical game and has a bad heart yet he's been an ironman next to Kiwi.

Kiwi needs the minutes management period. He had knee and hamstring issues since very young... (and the second point is the team still needs to find playing time to develop young players).

bic50
01-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Missing an average of 16 games per fuckin' season and you want me to call him what? :lol

You're just a homer, bro..Let's leave it there..Too much pink on those glasses..
And aside from him going out in the wcf against warriors last season. In what way has that hurt the team? It hasn't. This season has been weird with injuries for him and others on the team. You seem just really fickle and overreact too much.

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Well I was never in the Kawhistan group that proposed letting him stat pad in garbage time and playing him 36 minutes each game even if it wasn't necessary.

It's funny because I never heard it.

What I heard was if he rests in the regular season, he should increase his minutes in playoffs...But Pop keeps the same minute management and rotations in post-season. This hurts the team a lot and it's just stupid to deny it.

A coach rests players for playoffs, not for next 20 seasons.

If he plays until his early 30's or late 40's I dont give a shit....I want to win now when he's reaching his prime.

If Pop has to ruin Kawhi's longevity to overplay him IN PLAYOFFS...I dont care. I care just about winning

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 08:28 PM
It's funny because I neve heard it.

What I heard was if he rests in the regular season, he should increase his minutes in playoffs...But Pop keeps the same minute management and rotations in post-season. This hurts the team a lot and it's just stupid to deny it.

A coaches rest players for playoffs not for next 20 seasons.

If he plays until his early 30's or late 40's I dont give a shit....I want to win now when he's reaching his prime.

If Pop has to affect Kawhi's longevity because overplaying him IN PLAYOFFS...I give a shit.
I heard it.

Apalisoc was one of the greatest proponents of letting Kiwi statpad (obviously for an MVP bid).

There are others who, probably are not Kawhistans per se, that was harsh, but do believe he needed to play heavy minutes for conditioning etc. and to be ready to shoulder a bigger load...

"shoulder"... he can't period.

Pop kept Manu's minutes in a lower range most of his career bc his body took a huge beating the way he played. I am not comfortable proposing Kawhi plays heavy minutes in the regular season the way he gets injured and takes a long time to heal.

There I said my piece.

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 08:37 PM
I have no room for sentimentality here: Kawhi doesn't deserve the Supermax money he will be eligible for in a couple years. His availability is at the bottom tier compared to his peer superstars.

People thinking he won't get a max contract from any team due to his injury....Conley with his multiple injuries got $200M deal. Like it or not, this is how the market works.

These guys...In 2013 they didn't think he was a max contract player...Now, they deny he deserves the max again...

You never learn.

dabom
01-07-2018, 08:39 PM
People thinking he won't get a max contract from any team due to his injury....Conley with his multiple injuries got $200M deal. Like it or not, this is how the market works.

These guys...In 2013 they didn't think he was a max contract player...Now, they deny he deserves the max again...

You never learn.

The other guy doesn't understand how basketball works. Dude is a headless chicken. :lol

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 08:41 PM

You never learn.

yea. he will get supermaxed I have no doubt.
Unless he got injured in a way that affected his play, like say he had a very down year and looked like a shade of himself he will get maxed.

We have to look no further than Embiid.

tholdren
01-07-2018, 08:43 PM

Classic gold

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Manu's minutes in a lower range most of his career bc his body took a huge beating the way he played. I am not comfortable proposing Kawhi plays heavy minutes in the regular season the way he gets injured and takes a long time to heal.

Again, I don't give a shit about Kawhi playing until his 40' like Manu. I'd rather see him playing less years but helping this team to win in playoffs in his prime-years.

Kawhi playing 36-37' (and Danny Green too) in 2016 playoffs against Russ & KD would have changed many things.

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Again, I don't give a shit about Kawhi playing until his 40' like Manu. I'd rather see him playing less years but helping this team to win in playoffs in his prime-years.

Kawhi playing 36-37' (and Danny Green too) in 2016 playoffs against Russ & KD would have changed many things.
He can't play right now YgWHIr
that is what you need to open your eyes and see. It isn't about a long term career for me.. though it's possibly in Pop's and Spurs minds. He has suffered chronic injuries with just a regular starter minute load. His body cannot handle a Lebron minute schedule IMO. You can disagree. but as they say the proof is in the pudding.

spursistan
01-07-2018, 08:54 PM
A guy who misses 15+ games each season and still get 35-40 millions salary is a blight on the team and its championship prospects. Unless you're a player fan, you are not going to rationalize this point. "eh..he could get it elsewhere..eh.. look at Conley :lol"..

bic50
01-07-2018, 08:59 PM
He can't play right now YgWHIr
that is what you need to open your eyes and see. It isn't about a long term career for me.. though it's possibly in Pop's and Spurs minds. He has suffered chronic injuries with just a regular starter minute load. His body cannot handle a Lebron minute schedule IMO. You can disagree. but as they say the proof is in the pudding.
Non issue

bic50
01-07-2018, 09:02 PM
A guy who misses 15+ games each season and still get 35-40 millions salary is a blight on the team and its championship prospects. Unless you're a player fan, you are not going to rationalize this point. "eh..he could get it elsewhere..eh.. look at Conley :lol"..
How many games did Kawhi miss last season?

weeks
01-07-2018, 09:07 PM
How many games did Kawhi miss last season?
too many that counted

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 09:11 PM
He can't play right now YgWHI
But he was healthy in 2016 playoffs and still didn't play enough minutes in 2nd round.

I have no doubt that Pop wants to save him in order to have a long career.

But he should ask Kawhi if he wants to play the rest of his career as role player/6th man until his 40s like Manu..

Or play heavy minutes in playoffs making WCF -eventually Finals- for the next 3-5 years.

I'd choose the latter.

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Non issue

It's only an issue for those who want him to handle heavy minutes.

SAGirl
01-07-2018, 09:13 PM
But he was healthy in 2016 playoffs and still didn't play enough minutes in 2nd round.

I have no doubt that Pop wants to save him in order to have a long career.

But he should ask Kawhi if he wants to play the rest of his career as role player/6th man until his 40s like Manu..

Or play heavy minutes in playoffs making WCF -eventually Finals- for the next 3-5 years.

I'd choose the latter.

You exaggerate bc he's not a roleplayer or a 6th man. He's just a great player whose body is injury prone and if he was run to the ground like other players he might play even less. I do believe his body cannot handle it.

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 09:14 PM

From the guy who says pink-eye and cold are "injuries"...Ok.

bic50
01-07-2018, 09:15 PM
too many that counted
Regular season?

bic50
01-07-2018, 09:17 PM
It's only an issue for those who want him to handle heavy minutes.
Not really

YGWHI
01-07-2018, 09:21 PM
You exaggerate bc he's not a roleplayer or a 6th man. He's just a great player whose body is injury prone and if he was run to the ground like other players he might play even less. I do believe his body cannot handle it.

2017 was the ony postseason where Kawhi missed a playoff game. He could handle it in previous playoffs but stil played restricted minutes.

Which is the point to rest him in the regular season if he will rest in playoffs too? Just play him 36-37' in playoffs. If he gets injured...Hey, it's a playoff game, it's worth

bic50
01-07-2018, 09:22 PM
No

dabom
01-07-2018, 09:24 PM
No

The poster is a troll dude. Just make fun of fathead instead. :lol

bic50
01-07-2018, 09:31 PM
The poster is a troll dude. Just make fun of fathead instead. :lol
I might get shit for this but I actually like fathead too :lol

dabom
01-07-2018, 09:35 PM
I might get shit for this but I actually like fathead too :lol

:lol

spursistan
01-07-2018, 11:27 PM
From the guy who says pink-eye and cold are "injuries"...Ok.
You're just hang up on semantics; your boy is missing an average of 15+ games each season..Deal with it..He is not AVAILABLE for us to play in those games..

bic50
01-07-2018, 11:43 PM
You're just hang up on semantics; your boy is missing an average of 15+ games each season..Deal with it..He is not AVAILABLE for us to play in those games..
Deal with what? How has it hurt team at all? You're just using those missed games to help defend your failing argument

spursistan
01-17-2018, 11:47 PM
Bump..

He is..

Imagine getting out-healthed by the likes of Embiid and Anthony Davis :depressed..

YGWHI
01-18-2018, 12:06 AM

Kawhi has only ONE probematic injury, his right quad/knee. I doesn't give a shit about other non-basketball illness

tholdren
01-18-2018, 06:50 AM
Every NBA player except Lebron has more injuries than this. It's like you don't watch the fucking NBA. :lmao

Whoops

Keepin' it real
01-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Might be?

tholdren
01-18-2018, 06:24 PM
Kawhi has only ONE probematic injury, his right quad/knee. I doesn't give a shit about other non-basketball illness

Hes a little girl

ElNono
01-18-2018, 08:33 PM
http://www.eddy-briere.com/blog/images/front/TonyBurger_Quick_t.jpg

the real elephant in the room, tbh... :lol

dabom
01-18-2018, 08:44 PM
http://www.eddy-briere.com/blog/images/front/TonyBurger_Quick_t.jpg

the real elephant in the room, tbh... :lol

Damn.. Son. :lol

ECOV
01-19-2018, 01:50 AM