PDA

View Full Version : Pop is his own worst enemy

duncan2k5
10-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Pop back in the day played players based on effort and production... Not age and years on the team... There was no way a young Pop would have finished the game with Mills over Murray...No way Parker starts over Murray when he comes back from injury... No way Gasol gets this much respect and PT... No way LMA gets to dictate how many shots he needs... Dude is soft on offense and a poor rebounder... With LMA'S attitude at times last year, he would have gotten an embarrassing public benching... Bring back the old pop

dabom
10-20-2017, 02:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEJA1X1_Lp4

DesignatedT
10-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Love em or hate em Pop is a hell of a coach. I'm not a blind supporter and I openly criticize him about anything and everything when I'm watching the Spurs with buddies, but he's a great coach at the end of the day. Some fans will realize this when he finally hangs it up.

tbdog
10-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Playing Murray in a close game down the stretch is a bigger call than player a cold Mills. Mills is a better positional defender and our best shooter. LMA struggles in the forth, although contributed by fatigue, also was due to Murray man digging down. Murray had a good game but did he even take a midrange shot?

Gasol probably played 3 mins over what he should. He probably should have hit one more 3 (that on in the corner at the end of the 2nd I think?) He hits that shot and doesnt throw that poor entry pass to LMA, he is looking at a 10,7,4,3 game without a mistake. Not a bad outing.

james evans
10-21-2017, 06:40 AM
Playing Murray in a close game down the stretch is a bigger call than player a cold Mills. Mills is a better positional defender and our best shooter. LMA struggles in the forth, although contributed by fatigue, also was due to Murray man digging down. Murray had a good game but did he even take a midrange shot?

Gasol probably played 3 mins over what he should. He probably should have hit one more 3 (that on in the corner at the end of the 2nd I think?) He hits that shot and doesnt throw that poor entry pass to LMA, he is looking at a 10,7,4,3 game without a mistake. Not a bad outing.
if you would have watched the game, Murray had 2 consecutive good plays and had just scored and THEN gets benched with 4:45 to go. Mills had played like shit the whole game. So you bench the current guy with the momentum for an ice cold player. There is no debating that call. It was horrible and could have cost us the game. The west is pretty deep this year with the 1-5. There is no room for fucking around. Okc is more than likely gonna be the 3rd seed and we will be either 1 or 2. Let GS play OKC in the 2nd round and stop getting a cakewalk to the conference finals.

tholdren
10-21-2017, 09:53 AM
if you would have watched the game, Murray had 2 consecutive good plays and had just scored and THEN gets benched with 4:45 to go. Mills had played like shit the whole game. So you bench the current guy with the momentum for an ice cold player. There is no debating that call. It was horrible and could have cost us the game. The west is pretty deep this year with the 1-5. There is no room for fucking around. Okc is more than likely gonna be the 3rd seed and we will be either 1 or 2. Let GS play OKC in the 2nd round and stop getting a cakewalk to the conference finals.

Terrible take. Murray is a known ball slop. He has more dribbling tos than any legit hs pg. I would go with patty every time until murray can initiate the offense without a stupid to.

Spur|n|Austin
10-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Love em or hate em Pop is a hell of a coach. I'm not a blind supporter and I openly criticize him about anything and everything when I'm watching the Spurs with buddies, but he's a great coach at the end of the day. Some fans will realize this when he finally hangs it up.

james evans
10-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Terrible take. Murray is a known ball slop. He has more dribbling tos than any legit hs pg. I would go with patty every time until murray can initiate the offense without a stupid to.
he had 2 turnovers the other night and without him, we lose that game. I don't care about what he's "known for" I know "what he did" and what Mills "didn't do" on Wednesday. And what Mills didn't do was have a good game

Mr. Body
10-21-2017, 12:19 PM
I didn't like Murray getting pulled when he was, but I suppose in the long term getting him used to producing when he's on the court and not because he's hot is a good thing. I don't mind Mills finishing the game instead of him. A steady hand is better to close out narrow games.

duncan2k5
10-21-2017, 12:24 PM
I didn't like Murray getting pulled when he was, but I suppose in the long term getting him used to producing when he's on the court and not because he's hot is a good thing. I don't mind Mills finishing the game instead of him. A steady hand is better to close out narrow games.

You will never know if a player has a steady hand if u don't play him... Let Murray finish games early in the season to build confidence for the playoffs...

tholdren
10-21-2017, 12:33 PM
he had 2 turnovers the other night and without him, we lose that game. I don't care about what he's "known for" I know "what he did" and what Mills "didn't do" on Wednesday. And what Mills didn't do was have a good game

He made multiple anti team offense decisions, and he literally dribbled into and gave away to defenders. Hes a low iq player. Not really much to debate about that. Fact is he got pulled and spurs won.

Mr. Body
10-21-2017, 12:37 PM
You will never know if a player has a steady hand if u don't play him... Let Murray finish games early in the season to build confidence for the playoffs...

Eh, there's 81 more games to go. Dude also needs to know where he is in the pecking order. He doesn't finish games yet.

Mr. Body
10-21-2017, 12:38 PM
He made multiple anti team offense decisions, and he literally dribbled into and gave away to defenders. Hes a low iq player. Not really much to debate about that. Fact is he got pulled and spurs won.

Yeah, basically. The guy doesn't know how to run a team or run the offense. He was good because he got inside a bad Timberwolves defense a lot. He has a long way to go.

hater
10-21-2017, 01:21 PM

Patty is basically the same plus shitty defense

AFMadison
10-21-2017, 01:22 PM
Eh, there's 81 more games to go. Dude also needs to know where he is in the pecking order. He doesn't finish games yet.
This.

spurs10
10-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Patty, Manu, Green, Gay, and LMA looked great and got us the win.

duncan2k5
10-21-2017, 05:59 PM

Fact is he got pulled and we lost the lead... And Tony Parker never dribbled into traffic and lost the ball as he failed to the floor? That's his patented move

duncan2k5
10-21-2017, 06:00 PM

Pecking order is for bad teams... You play who deserves playing time... Not who was here the longest

duncan2k5
10-21-2017, 06:01 PM
I guess pecking order means Tony shouldn't have started in his rookie year then?

duncan2k5
10-21-2017, 06:02 PM
By this logic, we are better without Duncan and kawhi because we won games without them

cd98
10-21-2017, 06:07 PM
This thread feels like the Spurs are 0-5 when they are really 1-0.

Old School 44
10-21-2017, 06:10 PM
Pop has become a better coach (X/Os) over the years, but to me his greatest strength is his management of people/personalities. He seems to be a straight shooter with the players and they seem to respect him for it.

LittleCriminal
10-21-2017, 06:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5iTNVEOAg

tbdog
10-21-2017, 10:56 PM

Murray hit 2 off balance floaters. They were nice. But Mills will provide more down the stretch by just being out there. He is one of our best shooters. He gives LMA room to move. Besides they were doubling LMA towards the end too.