PDA

View Full Version : Bucks: Giannis should be the favorite for MVP

10-22-2017, 01:23 AM

media going to run with this narrative, and as long as the bucks dont end up less than 5th seed and giannis stays healthy, he's the runaway favorite.

Sucks bc this was probably Kawhi's best window to win one.

Robz4000
10-22-2017, 03:43 AM
Kawhi was fucked starting last year when the Spurs asked him to carry the load he did. Kawhi was the MVP last year and prolly will be this year but won't win the award for either year. It's PATFO's fault, not Kawhi's.

RD2191
10-22-2017, 08:46 AM
Kirby doing everything he can to take attention away from Kawhi. Talk about insecure.

Clipper Nation
10-22-2017, 09:24 AM
Kirby doing everything he can to take attention away from Kawhi. Talk about insecure.
He's also trying to take credit for Giannis' success so far, since he gave Giannis a "Mamba Mentality Challenge" to win MVP this season. :rolleyes

Even after this faggot retired, he still can't stop trying to take all the credit for actually good players' accomplishments.

RD2191
10-22-2017, 09:29 AM
He's also trying to take credit for Giannis' success so far, since he gave Giannis a "Mamba Mentality Challenge" to win MVP this season. :rolleyes

Even after this faggot retired, he still can't stop trying to take all the credit for actually good players' accomplishments.

Fukin kirby.

10-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Way too early to say he's the favourite but he has a good shot tbh

DAF86
10-22-2017, 01:19 PM
It all depends on how good the Bucks are.

dabom
10-22-2017, 01:32 PM
Can't even beat the shitty cavs team. :lmao

UZER
10-22-2017, 02:58 PM

I wonder if Kirby will try to take credit for Harvey's Weinstein's Mamba Mentality.

Arcadian
10-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Kawhi was fucked starting last year when the Spurs asked him to carry the load he did. Kawhi was the MVP last year and prolly will be this year but won't win the award for either year. It's PATFO's fault, not Kawhi's.

What do you mean? That's the definition of an MVP, one who carries the largest load (successfully).

Robz4000
10-22-2017, 03:41 PM
What do you mean? That's the definition of an MVP, one who carries the largest load (successfully).

There's a difference between carrying the offensive load and carrying the load on both sides; he isn't out there padding stats like past MVPs while taking the entire game off on the other end. Only guys I can think of who had to bear the burden Kawhi has while winning MVP the last 20 years are LeBron and TD.

ambchang
10-22-2017, 05:44 PM

:lol all about winning but having a challenge to win a personal award
:lol winning said award only once and even that year was a pity award
:lol self designated nicknames
:lol stealing said nickname from a fictional female character of a well known movie from one of the biggest directors in the last 25 years and act like he came up with it
:lol coming up with one of the lamest nicknames in the history of the league, have a clearly rehearsed and preplanned last game and speech and act as though it was all spontaneous, then put said lame nickname and phrase on a t shirt for sale immediately after the game
:lol one of, if not the, most manufactured superstar of all time.

Arcadian
10-22-2017, 06:13 PM
There's a difference between carrying the offensive load and carrying the load on both sides; he isn't out there padding stats like past MVPs while taking the entire game off on the other end. Only guys I can think of who had to bear the burden Kawhi has while winning MVP the last 20 years are LeBron and TD.

The MVP should factor in both sides. Anyway, you were saying it's the management's fault for him carrying such a load. What more could they have done, though?

Robz4000
10-22-2017, 06:19 PM
The MVP should factor in both sides. Anyway, you were saying it's the management's fault for him carrying such a load. What more could they have done, though?

Could've been an actual offensive system in place outside just giving Kawhi the ball and hoping for the best, for one.They also could've realized Tony just wasn't getting it done last season (first round of the playoffs nonwithstanding) and made a move to try to help. And regardless of whether or not the MVP award should factor in both offense and defense, in reality those who vote are only looking at offensive production along with narrative and counting stats.

Killakobe81
10-22-2017, 06:57 PM
:lol all about winning but having a challenge to win a personal award
:lol winning said award only once and even that year was a pity award
:lol self designated nicknames
:lol stealing said nickname from a fictional female character of a well known movie from one of the biggest directors in the last 25 years and act like he came up with it
:lol coming up with one of the lamest nicknames in the history of the league, have a clearly rehearsed and preplanned last game and speech and act as though it was all spontaneous, then put said lame nickname and phrase on a t shirt for sale immediately after the game
:lol one of, if not the, most manufactured superstar of all time.

Lord have mercy you both are obsessed ...dude been retired for 2 years done for almost 5 ..so sad.
pot meet kettle Spurfans campaigning for a media award but are butthurt that giannis may leap him for same BS award...
Again barring injury Leonard may not even make 1st team all nba (only legit honor left) and if durant hadnt got hurt he doesnt last year either ...doesnt mean he is not ... Leonard is great, forward is just very competive right now.

Bynumite
10-22-2017, 07:09 PM
After those fraudulent DPOY's he won over Draymond, it's nice to see the retard continuously coming up short in the MVP race tbh.

Arcadian
10-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Could've been an actual offensive system in place outside just giving Kawhi the ball and hoping for the best, for one.They also could've realized Tony just wasn't getting it done last season (first round of the playoffs nonwithstanding) and made a move to try to help. And regardless of whether or not the MVP award should factor in both offense and defense, in reality those who vote are only looking at offensive production along with narrative and counting stats.I see what you're getting at, but I'm sure PATFO don't see it that way. They didn't actually intend to just "give the ball to Kawhi and hope for the best" (even if that's what it looked like at times). They tried to do their best with what they had to work with, and it actually worked pretty well judging by the 60-win seasons (and being in a good position vs GSW prior to the injury).

I agree about moving Tony to get more help, but you don't think they considered that? Maybe there simply weren't any better options. They can't control whether players want to play in SA - aside from winning, which is all they've done for 20+ years. If being the most successful franchise in pro sports for 20 years isn't enough to bring in the big name free agents, nothing will.

Robz4000
10-22-2017, 10:04 PM
I see what you're getting at, but I'm sure PATFO don't see it that way. They didn't actually intend to just "give it to Kawhi" (even if that's what it looked like at times). They tried to do their best with what they had to work with, and it actually worked pretty well judging by the 60-win seasons (and being in a good position vs GSW prior to the injury).

I agree about moving Tony to get more help, but you don't think they considered that? Maybe there simply weren't any better options. They can't control whether players want to play in SA - aside from winning, which is all they've done for 20+ years. If being the most successful franchise in pro sports for 20 years isn't enough to bring in the big name free agents, nothing will.

It didn't just look like that at times, it's exactly what the offense devolved into when defenses dug in. While it isn't what PATFO wanted I'm sure, the fact that's how it ended up still makes it partially their fault for not getting/playing the personnel needed to either change the style of support it with better shooters around Kawhi or better defenders to take some burden off him.

I'm 100% certain they never entertained the thought of moving Tony; the loyalty factor is a real thing for better or worse. They can't control who wants to play in SA but I'm sure there's been FA's in the near and far past who wanted to but PATFO never considered them viable options for a plethora of reasons (not a cultural fit, not a vet, "hasn't gotten over themselves", etc).

Arcadian
10-22-2017, 10:13 PM
It didn't just look like that at times, it's exactly what the offense devolved into when defenses dug in. While it isn't what PATFO wanted I'm sure, the fact that's how it ended up still makes it partially their fault for not getting/playing the personnel needed to either change the style of support it with better shooters around Kawhi or better defenders to take some burden off him.

I'm 100% certain they never entertained the thought of moving Tony; the loyalty factor is a real thing for better or worse. They can't control who wants to play in SA but I'm sure there's been FA's in the near and far past who wanted to but PATFO never considered them viable options for a plethora of reasons (not a cultural fit, not a vet, "hasn't gotten over themselves", etc).

It all comes down to "the right personnel" as you said. Unfortunately, not every team can have the optimal personnel. That seems obvious when you look at things objectively, but it's easy for fans to sit back and smugly declare, "you just didn't try hard enough."

Or maybe they did, and this is just how things worked out.

Robz4000
10-22-2017, 10:16 PM
It all comes down to "the right personnel" as you said. Unfortunately, not every team can have the optimal personnel. That seems obvious when you look at things objectively, but it's easy for fans to sit back and smugly declare, "you just didn't try hard enough."

Or maybe they did, and this is just how things worked out.

Like I said, they chose loyalty over everything. While it worked out in the past it isn't now.

Arcadian
10-22-2017, 10:21 PM
Like I said, they chose loyalty over everything. While it worked out in the past it isn't now.

You're right, but what was the best case scenario? In a parallel universe optimized for Spurs success, what does the roster look like? There are only so many attainable young point guards with star potential.

Robz4000
10-22-2017, 10:31 PM
You're right, but what was the best case scenario? In a parallel universe optimized for Spurs success, what does the roster look like? There are only so many attainable young point guards with star potential.

There are plenty of young PGS in the league with star potential, with one on the roster in Murray. Optimally Murray would've gotten more playing time last year to get his feet wet. Instead he saw sparse playing time while Parker and Mills were turnstiles on defense and incapable oftentimes on offense.

Arcadian
10-22-2017, 10:38 PM
There are plenty of young PGS in the league with star potential, with one on the roster in Murray. Optimally Murray would've gotten more playing time last year to get his feet wet. Instead he saw sparse playing time while Parker and Mills were turnstiles on defense and incapable oftentimes on offense.

From that perspective, the Parker injury is a blessing, and Murray is now the starting point guard. Gay is looking to be a great acquisition to complement Kawhi. So things are looking good now, right?

Robz4000
10-22-2017, 10:55 PM
From that perspective, the Parker injury is a blessing, and Murray is now the starting point guard. Gay is looking to be a great acquisition to complement Kawhi. So things are looking good now, right?

Not with the awful contracts for Gasol and Mills tbh, and I'm far from convinced Pop won't bench Murray in favor of Parker and Mills.

ambchang
10-23-2017, 08:30 AM
Lord have mercy you both are obsessed ...dude been retired for 2 years done for almost 5 ..so sad.
pot meet kettle Spurfans campaigning for a media award but are butthurt that giannis may leap him for same BS award...
Again barring injury Leonard may not even make 1st team all nba (only legit honor left) and if durant hadnt got hurt he doesnt last year either ...doesnt mean he is not ... Leonard is great, forward is just very competive right now.

He kept himself in the conversation by not realizing he’s been retired for two years.
I for one don’t care if kawhi wins the mvp.

Killakobe81
10-23-2017, 09:10 AM
He kept himself in the conversation by not realizing he’s been retired for two years.
I for one don’t care if kawhi wins the mvp.

So he encouraged Gisnnis he challenged Kiwi last year ...pretty sure both guys dont owe Kobe anything ... it was their own drive that has fueled their improvement. wgaf if Kobe tweets?

dfens
10-23-2017, 09:49 AM
sons I am all for a smooth game and I even don't hate that much on Lebronze epic travels but Giannis is travels each and every fucking possession. that dribble gather 2 steps + hop step is pure bullshit. That 2 hand gather in motion is a travel each and every possession, but the east is such a dumpster fire that nobody gives a fuck .

RD2191
10-23-2017, 11:28 AM
sons I am all for a smooth game and I even don't hate that much on Lebronze epic travels but Giannis is travels each and every fucking possession. that dribble gather 2 steps + hop step is pure bullshit. That 2 hand gather in motion is a travel each and every possession, but the east is such a dumpster fire that nobody gives a fuck .

TBH

ambchang
10-23-2017, 05:02 PM
So he encouraged Gisnnis he challenged Kiwi last year ...pretty sure both guys dont owe Kobe anything ... it was their own drive that has fueled their improvement. wgaf if Kobe tweets?

What does he have to do with squat? Just shut the hell up and watch players better than him grow. He just have to crowbar himself into everything. Trying to take credit where none is due. Like being the alpha to this threpeat teams.

lilbthebasedgod
10-23-2017, 07:36 PM
He should have won last year tbh

SuperCam
10-23-2017, 09:28 PM
this nig got this shit on lockdown. spurfan gonna be pissed just as kiwi's mvp window was opening up, Greek God went and took it :lol

Killakobe81
10-23-2017, 10:08 PM
What does he have to do with squat? Just shut the hell up and watch players better than him grow. He just have to crowbar himself into everything. Trying to take credit where none is due. Like being the alpha to this threpeat teams.

So salty ... still. Kobe living rent free in haters still ...especially love when these cats say they look up to or admire Kobe ...not thst I care but it pisses dudes like you off.

Seventyniner
10-23-2017, 10:21 PM

media going to run with this narrative, and as long as the bucks dont end up less than 5th seed and giannis stays healthy, he's the runaway favorite.

Sucks bc this was probably Kawhi's best window to win one.

Spurs are 3-0 without Kawhi, how valuable could he be?

Robz4000
10-23-2017, 10:42 PM
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

ambchang
10-24-2017, 11:05 AM
So salty ... still. Kobe living rent free in haters still ...especially love when these cats say they look up to or admire Kobe ...not thst I care but it pisses dudes like you off.

Your idea of being pissed off is very different from mine then.

Kobe is a tool and he’s showing as such. I’m just calling it as it is

Killakobe81
10-24-2017, 12:39 PM
Your idea of being pissed off is very different from mine then.

Kobe is a tool and he’s showing as such. I’m just calling it as it is

I can taste the salt from here ...

ambchang
10-24-2017, 02:52 PM
I can taste the salt from here ...

I don’t know what you are dreaming of but I’m not in your fantasy of being licked.

Besides, there’s no salt, Duncan >>>>>> Kobe is already Widely accepted. And why would I be salty? Magics my second favourite player of all time.

Killakobe81
10-25-2017, 08:45 AM
I don’t know what you are dreaming of but I’m not in your fantasy of being licked.

Besides, there’s no salt, Duncan >>>>>> Kobe is already Widely accepted. And why would I be salty? Magics my second favourite player of all time.

First off that is way to many >>>> or you would not have spent countless hours and thousands of posts arguing what is "widely accepted" sure > or even >> might be reasonable but stop it with the hyperbole.

BTW Giannis asked Kobe for a challenge. Kobe did not insert himself in the narrative. Kobe sent one to IT4 to get back to all star form and another to Derozan ...as part of a Nike promo. Giannis reached out to Kobe said he was waiting for his challenge ... Kobe tweeted next step/challenge was MVP.

Again not a big deal but why dont you take things in context instead of assuming Kobe was trying to seek glory?!...the first two challenges were to fringe all stars (and i thought encouraging to IT4) only because Giannis is balling is this even a story.

btw even more salt on the way if he wins the media award and or tweets mamba mentality challenge aceppted and complete!!
Kobe dead and gone from the league and the hate still flows.

ambchang
10-25-2017, 03:41 PM
First off that is way to many >>>> or you would not have spent countless hours and thousands of posts arguing what is "widely accepted" sure > or even >> might be reasonable but stop it with the hyperbole.

BTW Giannis asked Kobe for a challenge. Kobe did not insert himself in the narrative. Kobe sent one to IT4 to get back to all star form and another to Derozan ...as part of a Nike promo. Giannis reached out to Kobe said he was waiting for his challenge ... Kobe tweeted next step/challenge was MVP.

Again not a big deal but why dont you take things in context instead of assuming Kobe was trying to seek glory?!...the first two challenges were to fringe all stars (and i thought encouraging to IT4) only because Giannis is balling is this even a story.

btw even more salt on the way if he wins the media award and or tweets mamba mentality challenge aceppted and complete!!
Kobe dead and gone from the league and the hate still flows.

My fault then. Didn’t realize Giannis initiated this.

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2017, 03:44 PM
^Kobe still sends you into hypertensive crisis long after he's retired:lol

ambchang
10-25-2017, 03:52 PM
^Kobe still sends you into hypertensive crisis long after he's retired:lol

So when I didn’t follow him it’s me being hypertensive? Do you think through your points?

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2017, 04:06 PM
So when I didn’t follow him it’s me being hypertensive?
You've followed him for your entire existence on this forum...I'd venture to say you have more Kobe-related posts than Spurs' ones. You just can't help yourself, despite me pointing this out to you for damn near 10 years now.

ambchang
10-25-2017, 07:09 PM
You've followed him for your entire existence on this forum...I'd venture to say you have more Kobe-related posts than Spurs' ones. You just can't help yourself, despite me pointing this out to you for damn near 10 years now.

Seems like you've been following me for ten years then using your logic. Didn't mean to send you to your hypertensive crisis.

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2017, 07:33 PM
Seems like you've been following me for ten years then using your logic......and all my efforts were in vain, as you're still the bitter gook you've always been. Do you really think this is worth pulling a pissypants routine over:

What does he have to do with squat? Just shut the hell up and watch players better than him grow. He just have to crowbar himself into everything. Trying to take credit where none is due.

ambchang
10-25-2017, 08:10 PM
...and all my efforts were in vain, as you're still the bitter gook you've always been. Do you really think this is worth pulling a pissypants routine over:

What was wrong with what I wrote? I didn’t know Gianni’s initiated the challenge, my bad. So what?

And :lol racial epithets. It’s not shocking anymore as it’s clear half your country are racists , along with your president. It’s accepted now.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2017, 10:24 PM

When he gets a jump shot, it's a wrap for defenses around the league. He will literally be unguardable.

webshad
10-26-2017, 11:14 PM

When he gets a jump shot, it's a wrap for defenses around the league. He will literally be unguardable.

How many times have we heard that saying around the league for different players.

They even said that for Tony Parker when he was the #1 guy for going into the paint and getting his basket. They said that he will be virtually unguardable in 2 years when he perfects his jumper.

So all I can say is yeah yeah yeah. I will believe it when I see it.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2017, 11:43 PM
Blake just put his name in the discussion.

RD2191
10-27-2017, 07:43 AM
Scrub getting cucked by the Celt's at home.:lol

StrengthAndHonor
10-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Blake just put his name in the discussion.
I was going to post this. Blake’s on another level right now.

Killakobe81
10-27-2017, 08:11 AM
I was going to post this. Blake’s on another level right now.

agreed he would be thitd behind giannis and Lebron ...but he has a strong case ...the guy not even close to being as good as Pau now is a mvp candidate sans CP3 further proving my point that Cp3 underachieved with a top 10 arguably top 5 takent as his #2. You telling me jkidd or payton wouldnr make a conference final with Blake?!

Amb bring your hatin' ass in here and defend these L's you been taking lately ...:lol

10-27-2017, 10:43 AM
Scrub getting cucked by the Celt's at home.:lol

He cucked them in Boston just last week tho tbh

Killakobe81
10-27-2017, 10:48 AM

that is true the Giannis hate (some) springs from Kwahi insecurity ...just like some LeBron hate stems from Kobe fan insecurity

RD2191
10-27-2017, 11:16 AM

He's still a scrub though, tbh.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2017, 11:42 AM
He's still a scrub though, tbh.

Damn, where can the Clippers find some of these scrubs that can average 35, 10, and 5?

Clipper Nation
10-27-2017, 01:29 PM

StrengthAndHonor
10-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Giannis is great but he’s no Kobe.

ambchang
10-27-2017, 08:55 PM
agreed he would be thitd behind giannis and Lebron ...but he has a strong case ...the guy not even close to being as good as Pau now is a mvp candidate sans CP3 further proving my point that Cp3 underachieved with a top 10 arguably top 5 takent as his #2. You telling me jkidd or payton wouldnr make a conference final with Blake?!

Amb bring your hatin' ass in here and defend these L's you been taking lately ...:lol

So what am I defending again? Am I arguing being the alpha on a b2b is worse than never making the conference finals?

Clipper Nation
10-27-2017, 08:56 PM
Giannis is great but he’s no Kobe.

You're right. Giannis is actually good and not overrated.

Mark Celibate
10-27-2017, 09:11 PM
Crazy talent, could be one of the best to ever play but for now, too much bully ball at the end of the game. Isn't going to be a half court threat in crunchtime with the defense keying in on him.

Definitely the player to watch though in the next three years.

Killakobe81
10-28-2017, 09:04 AM
So what am I defending again? Am I arguing being the alpha on a b2b is worse than never making the conference finals?

Team results, now ...eh?
First you argued Cp3 did not have enough ...help.
I point to Blake as a top 10 at times top 5 talent ...
then YOU said ..Pau is better than Blake and its not even close ...at issue was the not even close ..playoffs?!
Sure i would take pau career-wise Pau has a slight edge.
but it's ridiculous to say its not close when plenty of stats even advanced say otherwise ...

ambchang
10-28-2017, 12:24 PM
Team results, now ...eh?
First you argued Cp3 did not have enough ...help.
I point to Blake as a top 10 at times top 5 talent ...
then YOU said ..Pau is better than Blake and its not even close ...at issue was the not even close ..playoffs?!
Sure i would take pau career-wise Pau has a slight edge.
but it's ridiculous to say its not close when plenty of stats even advanced say otherwise ...

MVPau did have a better career and it isnt even close. You go and try to argue griffin had better career accomplishments than MVPau.

And now you are using griffins play AFTER CP3 left as proof that CP3 as hell when he played with griffin? Hot damn, Kobe couldn’t win with Dwight and Nash. He must suck.

Killakobe81
10-28-2017, 02:37 PM
MVPau did have a better career and it isnt even close. You go and try to argue griffin had better career accomplishments than MVPau.

And now you are using griffins play AFTER CP3 left as proof that CP3 as hell when he played with griffin? Hot damn, Kobe couldn’t win with Dwight and Nash. He must suck.

Blake was and is better than the tosb version of Nash and the injured back version of Dwight ...its not even close!!!

Clipper Nation
10-28-2017, 02:45 PM
Just imagine how many rings Blake would have won with prime Shaq and MVPau... I'd say six, minimum.

daslicer
10-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Just imagine how many rings Blake would have won with prime Shaq and MVPau... I'd say six, minimum.

How many would he have won with Kobe?

Clipper Nation
10-28-2017, 02:55 PM
How many would he have won with Kobe?

Depends on how soon Kobe runs him offPERIOD for the sake of his ego, tbh.

ambchang
10-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Blake was and is better than the tosb version of Nash and the injured back cersion of Dwight ...its not even close!!!

Of course. So why would you use a prime griffin to compare to pre prime griffin to make a point that CP3 had similar help as Kobe with an alpha MVPau?

DAF86
10-29-2017, 06:45 PM
Kawhi is the MVP and he hasn't even played yet.

apalisoc_9
10-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Yeah this guy wont win enough games..

I was looking forward to Lebron and Kawhi race but Kawhi is injured and I have no idea why the cavs look putrid.

10-30-2017, 03:16 AM
Yeah this guy wont win enough games..

I was looking forward to Lebron and Kawhi race but Kawhi is injured and I have no idea why the cavs look putrid.continuity is more important in basketball than any other sport, but is often overlooked tbh cavs have too much turnover and lebron has been declining since circa 2015

Killakobe81
10-30-2017, 07:46 AM
You're right. Giannis is actually good and not overrated. :lmao

DAF86
11-04-2017, 01:03 AM
Bucks already with a losing record, fwiw.

Spurtacular
11-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Blake was and is better than the tosb version of Nash and the injured back version of Dwight ...its not even close!!!

Kobe was 1B to Pau. That's what this is all about. :lmao

RD2191
11-07-2017, 09:42 PM
4-6 in the Leastern Conference. MVP :lol

Clipper Nation
11-07-2017, 09:44 PM
4-6 in the Leastern Conference. MVP :lol

In other words, Giannis has carried Kidd to 4 more wins than he deserves. MVP :worthy:

spursistan
11-08-2017, 01:56 AM
Jason Kidd is an under the radar coaching candidate to be fired mid-season, IMO. The Bucks have enough talent to be top 4 seed in this shitty East (especially with Bledose) but they are under-performing and Kidd is frankly doing nothing but let Giannis point-whore for MVP..

Bucks should start testing the waters on someone like Rick Carlisle maybe the Mavs, in full rebuild mode, let him out of his contract in the offseason .. Don't see any great free agent coaches out there..

spursistan
11-26-2017, 04:52 PM
9-9 in the shitty East :lol

dabom
11-27-2017, 01:24 PM
Not even in the top 8 in the Least. :lmao

spursistan
03-08-2018, 01:50 AM
Bump..

8th seed, 34-30 in the shitty East with Jason Kidd been gone for over a month..What is his excuse? ..:lol..

A 22 yo AD took his team to the the playoffs in 2015 with less talent in a bloodbath of conference back then..

The reality is Giannis and the Bucks core in general have been overrated AF...

lol @ coming for Lebron's crown.Gotta love NBA season first week analysis .:lol

DAF86
03-08-2018, 01:58 AM
Kawhi is the MVP and he hasn't even played yet.

Truer words have never been spoken. :cry

":cry B...but the system.:cry" From getting 60+ wins to being in danger of not making the playoffs. :lol

DAF86
03-08-2018, 02:13 AM
And yeah, folks need to stop hyping Giannis up until he learns to shoot and manages to lead the Bucks to a record that is somehow better than mediocrity.

:lol folks upstairs that say that some Spurs fans downplay Giannis just because of jealousy that he takes limelight out of Kawhi.

:lol Saying retarded shit just because they are afraid of coming off as homers and want to appeal to the masses. :cry

ambchang
03-08-2018, 06:44 AM
Bump..

8th seed, 34-30 in the shitty East with Jason Kidd been gone for over a month..What is his excuse? ..:lol..

A 22 yo AD took his team to the the playoffs in 2015 with less talent in a bloodbath of conference back then..

The reality is Giannis and the Bucks core in general have been overrated AF...

lol @ coming for Lebron's crown.Gotta love NBA season first week analysis .:lol

The bucks need shooters. They don’t have them. Once they do they can revive the 96 sonics.

DAF86
03-08-2018, 12:07 PM
The bucks need shooters. They don’t have them. Once they do they can revive the 96 sonics.

:lol

DAF86
03-08-2018, 12:07 PM
On a second thought, the '96 Sonics would probably be mediocre in today's NBA, so maybe he has a point.

spurraider21
03-08-2018, 12:12 PM
And yeah, folks need to stop hyping Giannis up until he learns to shoot and manages to lead the Bucks to a record that is somehow better than mediocrity.

:lol folks upstairs that say that some Spurs fans downplay Giannis just because of jealousy that he takes limelight out of Kawhi.

:lol Saying retarded shit just because they are afraid of coming off as homers and want to appeal to the masses. :cry
scoring 27ppg on 53% shooting. his shooting ability isn't their issue. he shot 53.6% in the playoffs last year

DAF86
03-08-2018, 12:16 PM
scoring 27ppg on 53% shooting. his shooting ability isn't their issue. he shot 53.6% in the playoffs last year

It is when he can't do other thing but have the ball on his hands because he's a complete non-factor away from the ball and far from the basket.

ambchang
03-08-2018, 12:58 PM
On a second thought, the '96 Sonics would probably be mediocre in today's NBA, so maybe he has a point.

The 96 sonics would dominate :lol today’s nba game.

DAF86
03-08-2018, 01:28 PM
The 96 sonics would dominate :lol today’s nba game.

Yeah, just like Paul wouldn't make the Rockets any better.

ambchang
03-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Yeah, just like Paul wouldn't make the Rockets any better.

Not yet. Almost seems like they are your 2018 nba champs.

dfens
03-08-2018, 02:28 PM
fuck this travelling nig tbh.

DAF86
03-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Not yet. Almost seems like they are your 2018 nba champs.

No, they will probably lose in the WCF. Which would make them better than last year. Fighting toe to toe with GS for the best record in the league also makes them better than last year.

03-08-2018, 04:19 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

ambchang
03-09-2018, 06:34 AM
No, they will probably lose in the WCF. Which would make them better than last year. Fighting toe to toe with GS for the best record in the league also makes them better than last year.

More due to the rest of the conference getting worse.

DAF86
03-09-2018, 11:06 AM
More due to the rest of the conference getting worse.

Shouldn't GS got a better record than last year too then?

ambchang
03-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Shouldn't GS got a better record than last year too then?

Shouldn’t 00 lakers be better than 01 lakers because they had a better rs record?

DAF86
03-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Shouldn’t 00 lakers be better than 01 lakers because they had a better rs record?

And who says '00 Lakers weren't better than '01 Lakers?

ambchang
03-09-2018, 05:35 PM
And who says '00 Lakers weren't better than '01 Lakers?

Do you think they’re better

DAF86
03-10-2018, 04:28 AM
Do you think they’re better

I think they are pretty much equal.

ambchang
03-10-2018, 07:39 AM
I think they are pretty much equal.

Why are they equal? One won 11 more games in the regular season.

DAF86
03-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Why are they equal? One won 11 more games in the regular season.

Because Champion teams get to coast sometimes.

ambchang
03-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Because Champion teams get to coast sometimes.

So you answered your original question of why GSW isn’t getting a better record this year. Thanks.

sook
03-10-2018, 10:25 PM
So you answered your original question of why GSW isn’t getting a better record this year. Thanks.

That's clearly not true to anyone that has actually been watching the games. Are you trying to go on a roll with terrible takes man?

DAF86
03-11-2018, 02:50 AM

Maybe. One question though, why do you have such a hard time owning to your shitty takes? Have you been thinking what you are going to say once/if the Rockets make it to the WCF?

ambchang
03-11-2018, 09:08 AM
That's clearly not true to anyone that has actually been watching the games. Are you trying to go on a roll with terrible takes man?

Maybe. One question though, why do you have such a hard time owning to your shitty takes? Have you been thinking what you are going to say once/if the Rockets make it to the WCF?

Not sure who to argue with. One said it’s clearly not true, the other said it’s a maybe. Maybe you two should duke it out as well.

Oh and sook, something more substantial would be more constructive. Not sure how to debate “clearly” and “ you takes are shitty” without any actual points.

As for WCF, pretty clear the league is not doing well lately. Teams over estimated the longevity of the GSW dominance and most teams gave Ip and is looking to take for the long term. The cap situation is also forcing most teams to tighten their belts, leading to less competitive Teams overall. The spurs, the team that knocked the rockets out of the playoffs, is struggling with age and injury so the rockets SHOULD make the WCF even without Paul. Not sure how making it would prove anything. It’s just sad that you actually think you were giving out logical arguments without even realizing how illogical you are.

And I’m still waiting for you to own up misinterpreting my take on the playoffs as if I was talking about the regular season. You didn’t read through the entire chain and is rah rahing like an idiot for a week. Now you are changing goal posts. The point of acquiring Paul is to challenge the warriors and win a championship. I have my doubts because of the way Paul plays. The only advantage is that it saves hardens legs because the ball handling load is reduced throughout the season. The play quality itself, play by play didn’t improve because BOTH guys need the ball to be most effective.

DAF86
03-11-2018, 02:05 PM
So the only way results can prove that the Rockets improved is if they win the championship? How very convinient for you. :lol

ambchang
03-11-2018, 05:53 PM
So the only way results can prove that the Rockets improved is if they win the championship? How very convinient for you. :lol

Not only that. It could be possible that all teams got worse. You just don’t have any logical thinking skills.

DAF86
03-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Not only that. It could be possible that all teams got worse. You just don’t have any logical thinking skills.

So, even if the Rockets win the championship there's a chance you would still be right? Well, isn't that something? :lol

djohn2oo8
03-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Clipper Nation seemed to abandon this hype

ambchang
03-12-2018, 06:11 AM
So, even if the Rockets win the championship there's a chance you would still be right? Well, isn't that something? :lol

Of course. On the other hand they could be kicked out of the first round and they would still have been better than last year if the field is way stronger. Too bad for you that’s not the case though.

DAF86
03-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Of course. On the other hand they could be kicked out of the first round and they would still have been better than last year if the field is way stronger. Too bad for you that’s not the case though.

Yeah, if they lose in the first round and you thought the competition was better I'm sure you would acknowledge that. :lol

Also, this reminds me of your entirely subjective argument that this era of tennis was weaker than previous eras. Totally incomprobable.

Teams like the Blazers, Pelicans, Wolves, Thunder and Nuggetts got better. Even non-playoffs teams like the Lakers are more competitive than non-playoffs teams from a year before, proven by the fact that right now the West has 10 teams with a winning record, while it only got 7 in the 16/17 season.

ambchang
03-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Yeah, if they lose in the first round and you thought the competition was better I'm sure you would acknowledge that. :lol

Also, this reminds me of your entirely subjective argument that this era of tennis was weaker than previous eras. Totally incomprobable.

Teams like the Blazers, Pelicans, Wolves, Thunder and Nuggetts got better. Even non-playoffs teams like the Lakers are more competitive than non-playoffs teams from a year before, proven by the fact that right now the West has 10 teams with a winning record, while it only got 7 in the 16/17 season.

Improved parity doesn’t mean better.

There was one team that was clearly better than anybody else and two teams that were good last Dar. This year we had two good teams. So yes, from a title contention perspective last year was better. From a competitiveness perspective this year is better.

ambchang
03-12-2018, 07:59 PM

Improved parity doesn’t mean better.

There was one team that was clearly better than anybody else and two teams that were good last Dar. This year we had two good teams. So yes, from a title contention perspective last year was better. From a competitiveness perspective this year is better.

DAF86
03-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Mmmh, what? :lol

ambchang
03-13-2018, 05:52 AM
Mmmh, what? :lol

Despite the back and forth the last few days I actually expected you to understand the difference between quality and parity. Very disappointed.

DAF86
03-13-2018, 12:03 PM
Despite the back and forth the last few days I actually expected you to understand the difference between quality and parity. Very disappointed.

I understand that, what I don't understand is what you wrote, tbh. :lol

What is "dar"? Which are the good teams of this year? Does that mean they are the only good teams this year? If last year there was one team that was clearly better than everybody else, how is that better in terms of tittle contention?

ambchang
03-13-2018, 05:14 PM
I understand that, what I don't understand is what you wrote, tbh. :lol

What is "dar"? Which are the good teams of this year? Does that mean they are the only good teams this year? If last year there was one team that was clearly better than everybody else, how is that better in terms of tittle contention?

You couldn’t not figure out it was a typo combined with autocorrect? Man, anybody who read it would have figured that out.

GSW and rockets are the only good teams so far. If you can’t figure it out then I don’t know what to say.

From a title contention perspective was my bad. Meant from a quality of teams that are in title contention perspective (GSW)

DAF86
03-13-2018, 05:24 PM
You couldn’t not figure out it was a typo combined with autocorrect? Man, anybody who read it would have figured that out.

GSW and rockets are the only good teams so far. If you can’t figure it out then I don’t know what to say.

From a title contention perspective was my bad. Meant from a quality of teams that are in title contention perspective (GSW)

Golden State is the same team it was last season.

And "dar" I guess is "year", but I can't really be sure.

ambchang
03-14-2018, 07:39 AM
Golden State is the same team it was last season.

And "dar" I guess is "year", but I can't really be sure.

They are coasting. Teams also figured some parts out.

The Dar thing is pretty easy to figure out. Surprised you have so much trouble.

spursistan
04-28-2018, 09:19 PM
CROFL..

If you can't carry your team to beat the Celtics missing arguably their 2 best players, I can't take seriously these the league will be his proclamations..

His hype needs to stop until he actually does something in the playoffs..He will be 24 soon and still can't shoot..So easy to neutralize in the postseason..

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2018, 09:29 PM
CROFL..

If you can't carry your team to beat the Celtics missing arguably their 2 best players, I can't take seriously these the league will be his proclamations..

His hype needs to stop until he actually does something in the playoffs..He will be 24 soon and still can't shoot..So easy to neutralize in the postseason..

Dude was being carried by Jabari Middleton & folks claim he's better than Kawhi:lmao

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2018, 09:31 PM

Outplayed by Jason Tatum in Gm 7:lmao (WestCrook 2.0)

If my aunt had a dick, you would have had a half sibling. Dude's jumper is as trash as Brick Head's :wakeup

Clipper Nation
04-28-2018, 09:33 PM
Giannis still needs a jump shot. Meanwhile, the Bucks need to stop fucking around and give him a real coach and real teammates.

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2018, 09:33 PM
Giannis still needs a jump shot. Meanwhile, the Bucks need to stop fucking around and give him a real coach and real teammates.

Khris Middleton needs a better wingman....

DAF86
04-29-2018, 04:50 AM
But if you say he can't be claimed to be better than Kawhi yet, you are a homer. :cry

djohn2oo8
04-29-2018, 08:42 AM
Khris Middleton needs a better wingman....

lol

Chris Fall
04-29-2018, 10:40 AM
But if you say he can't be claimed to be better than Kawhi yet, you are a homer. :cry

By default, a player that actually plays > a player who does not play

At any rate, despite his flaws, I actually thought Giannis played really well in general in the series. His faults are pretty obvious, and maybe he isn’t ready for megastar status yet, but he’s knocking on the door. And he wasn’t the reason the Bucks lost imo.

spurraider21
04-29-2018, 02:02 PM
Giannis isn’t the problem in Milwaukee :lol... and Boston has been very good all year even without kyrie

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2018, 02:04 PM
He's clearly a top 6-8 player, but you can't be a 1st tier superstar in this league by relying so heavily on transition points..