PDA

View Full Version : trade for Eric Bledsoe?

SuperCam
10-22-2017, 04:09 PM

Get it done PATFO :hungry:

SuperCam
10-22-2017, 04:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hsfkYWc.png

Only 27 years old, great defender, put up 21 and 6 last year despite playing with chuckers and terrible players :tu

Ron Swanson
10-22-2017, 04:17 PM
Here comes an unnecessary 50 page thread.

TheGreatYacht
10-22-2017, 05:34 PM

Only 27 years old, great defender, put up 21 and 6 last year despite playing with chuckers and terrible players :tu
Incoming book by SAGirl

Raven
10-22-2017, 05:44 PM

wow, that's just 20 wins less for us, right there

Spurtacular
10-22-2017, 06:38 PM

Wouldn't even do it for Green straight-up. Green is the superior defender; and we don't need another undersized PG.

raybies
10-22-2017, 06:39 PM
fake news

Mr. Body
10-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Number one rule, never trade for Kentucky players. I'd make an exception for John Wall.

8FOR!3
10-22-2017, 07:42 PM
I'd only buy super cheap and it's not going to happen so it's not worth discussing. Trading him for Green leaves us without a starting SG and we don't have Simmons anymore to replace him. Green won't be traded this year (and probably not next year unless Derrick White is ready to start at SG.)

tonight...you
10-22-2017, 07:44 PM
Incoming book by SAGirl (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49524)
I'll give you the Cliffs Notes:

*That shit dumb as fuck.
*And that shit dumb as fuck.

Now go pass your test homie. Good luck.

Seventyniner
10-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Patty + a 1st is the most I would give up, and even then I would have to think about it. Bledsoe basically would take Murray's role, and when Parker comes back then what?

DAF86
10-22-2017, 09:37 PM
I'm not suggesting anything but Bledsoe for Tony works straight up, tbh. Just saying.

If not, I would try to make a trade around Mills. I wouldn't give up Danny.

Ice009
10-22-2017, 09:43 PM
No, I would not trade Danny for him or include Danny in any trade for him.

I would center a trade around Mills. I'd even think about trying to include Pau and get Chandler for Pau. When is the earliest Mills and Pau can be traded?

Also, F the Suns. If the Spurs offered them Aldridge in a draft night trade and they turned it down, then I don't feel sorry for them, they're getting what they deserve. Aldridge would have made them a much better team IMO.

Robz4000
10-22-2017, 10:05 PM
Zero chance the Suns take Gasol for Chandler with Gasol's new contract.

vander
10-22-2017, 11:42 PM
I'd love to give up a 1st to get rid of Mills, but that would still be an insulting offer to Phoenix.

marinoman
10-23-2017, 12:29 AM
Mills for Bledsoe, but then again I’d trade mills for a bag of peanut M & Ms

Jdspur20
10-23-2017, 09:11 AM
I'd love to give up a 1st to get rid of Mills, but that would still be an insulting offer to Phoenix.

Not necessarily, if he doesn’t want to be in PHX and the Suns could get a “productive” PG and a 1st rounder that might not be a bad deal. However, could the spurs even trade mills right now? Isn’t there a waiting period before they have the option to trade him?

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-23-2017, 09:44 AM
No, I would not trade Danny for him or include Danny in any trade for him.

I would center a trade around Mills. I'd even think about trying to include Pau and get Chandler for Pau. When is the earliest Mills and Pau can be traded?

Also, F the Suns. If the Spurs offered them Aldridge in a draft night trade and they turned it down, then I don't feel sorry for them, they're getting what they deserve. Aldridge would have made them a much better team IMO.

Mills and Pau for Bledsoe and Chandler (and whatever ancillary players would be required to make that work) would be a dream come true. Who knows with Sarver, he might take that trade. He's let so many good players go for either nothing or simple salary swaps that he might be open to that. The roadblock to that trade would be the fact he hates the Spurs...probably played into him not being willing to play ball with the LMA proposed trade.

Dex
10-23-2017, 10:04 AM
Not necessarily, if he doesn’t want to be in PHX and the Suns could get a “productive” PG and a 1st rounder that might not be a bad deal. However, could the spurs even trade mills right now? Isn’t there a waiting period before they have the option to trade him?

According to the link below, Gasol, Gay, Ginobili, Lauvergne, and Paul can't be traded until December 15th since they were signed as free agents:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/08/players-who-cant-be-traded-until-december-15-2.html

I don't think that applies to Mills since he was re-signed and never hit the market.

Dex
10-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Mills and Pau for Bledsoe and Chandler (and whatever ancillary players would be required to make that work) would be a dream come true. Who knows with Sarver, he might take that trade. He's let so many good players go for either nothing or simple salary swaps that he might be open to that. The roadblock to that trade would be the fact he hates the Spurs...probably played into him not being willing to play ball with the LMA proposed trade.

In a vacuum, that would be an amazing trade.

In reality, Spurs would never do it. We could argue about player ability and on-court value all day long, but let's be real...

Patty worked hard for his contract and is loved by the guys on the team, and some have gone as far to call him one of the leaders in the locker room. Pau worked with the Spurs on a "make-good deal" so they could explore free agency, and even though I agree that they overpaid him in the end, it would still be bad optics to turn around and flip them to a cellar dweller.

This may be one of the cases where Spurs culture bites them in the ass...but as you mentioned, we don't even know if such a trade would ever be put on the table by Phoenix.

mo7888
10-23-2017, 10:09 AM
I'd trade him for Mills...that's about it..

Brazil
10-23-2017, 11:36 AM
I'm not suggesting anything but Bledsoe for Tony works straight up, tbh. Just saying.

why in hell would suns agree with that tbh ? :lol

Brazil
10-23-2017, 11:37 AM
just saying

SAGirl
10-23-2017, 11:46 AM

just saying
yea, there is no way that happens. One of the main reasons Bledsoe wants out is that he doesn't fit the timeline of everyone else there, and his prime years are being wasted. Suns aren't going to trade a veteran PG for another, much older, recently injured as well PG, nor would Pop send Tony to a tanking team. They didn't even do Boris or Tiago like that. Phoenix might be looking at younger players, and picks.

wildbill2u
10-23-2017, 01:12 PM
Bledsoe is getting caught in the middle of another transition of the NBA game. Small PGs aren't poplular any more because they have a hard time guarding all the bigger and stronger PGs that are available. Look at what's happened to the games of Rondo, Parker, Bledsoe, etc.

Old School 44
10-23-2017, 01:21 PM
Sarver would never deal with the Spurs unless the trade was overwhelmingly in their favor. Not happening.

Robz4000
10-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Bledsoe is getting caught in the middle of another transition of the NBA game. Small PGs aren't poplular any more because they have a hard time guarding all the bigger and stronger PGs that are available. Look at what's happened to the games of Rondo, Parker, Bledsoe, etc.

Rondo and Parker are bad examples since they declined due to an inability to shoot for the former and age for the latter. Small PGs ala IT can still thrive in this league as long as they can shoot/play off ball/play at a fast pace. If Tony were 5/6 years younger he'd be thriving in :lol today's NBA.

marinoman
10-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Don’t see how the spurs can get him, just hope the top teams in thee West don’t either. Let him go to the bucks that’ll be a decent team to challenge and ultimately lose to the cavs

DAF86
10-23-2017, 03:31 PM

15 millions in expiring contract and maybe a Spurs' first rounder.

Just saying.

still.focused
10-23-2017, 04:52 PM
Number one rule, never trade for Kentucky players. I'd make an exception for John Wall.

You spelled Karl Anthony Towns wrong

cd021
10-23-2017, 05:06 PM
Patty + a 1st is the most I would give up, and even then I would have to think about it. Bledsoe basically would take Murray's role, and when Parker comes back then what?

you'd give a first for him? He's good but he clearly doesn't wanna be there, that probably lowers the value that the Suns can expect in return.

TD 21
10-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Not a chance it happens, but fuck it, as long as the medical staff is confident that Bledsoe's knees will hold up, for Mills, Murray and Forbes, how does it not make sense?

Bledsoe isn't Paul obviously, but the whole point of that pursuit and the subsequent contract that would have come with it, was to surround Leonard with as good of talent as possible during his prime. That was also the impetus for extending Aldridge. So what sense does it make to hope, wait and burn possibly 3-4 years to see if Murray can become what Bledsoe already is? And even if he does, by that time Aldridge will be well past his prime.

The fact that this team is banking on a PG who fell off a cliff 3 years ago, is close to 40 in mileage and coming off of a debilitating injury, to save them, says all you need to know about them.