PDA

View Full Version : Mills for Bledseo???

illusioNtEk
10-23-2017, 07:18 PM
Do it RC. 50 Mills is shit....

dabom
10-23-2017, 07:20 PM
Shopping for suns players. :lol

illusioNtEk
10-23-2017, 07:22 PM
with KL out, we should try.... it will also make KL happy

KDKSpurs24
10-23-2017, 07:25 PM
He can't be traded until December anyways, right?

mookie2001
10-23-2017, 07:27 PM
He can't be traded until December anyways, right? this should have its own forum

Play Boban
10-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Do it RC. Mills is shit....
You think the Suns would take this garbage trade?

BD24
10-23-2017, 08:00 PM
1. Cant be traded till december as others have said.
2. Why the fuck would the suns do this :lol

tholdren
10-23-2017, 10:16 PM
No. We have one crier already. Do not want someone who cries on social media and then lies about it.

TheGreatYacht
10-23-2017, 10:24 PM
Drunkford needs to take one for the team and send his best wine with the package. Mills has the value of a bag of Takis

spursistan
10-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Drunkford needs to take one for the team and send his best wine with the package. Mills has the value of a bag of Takis
:lmao..

CGD
10-23-2017, 11:43 PM
No, but if come Feb. there is a jam at the PG with Tony back and DJ taking meaningful strides I think Mills might be the odd man out.

Something like a Shumpurt, who with buried in the CAVs depth chart now with Wade in tow, plus cedí Osman for Mills and Bert might make sense if the Isiah Thomas injury is bad and Rose invariably gets his seasonable Injury.

vander
10-24-2017, 12:13 AM
this should have its own forum

A 'Trade Patty Mills (and/or Gasol)' sub-forum would be awesome tbh

so long as some mod diligently moves all the appropriate threads in there

duncan2k5
10-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Mills, Fathead, Gasol...take your pick...

TD 21
10-24-2017, 05:37 PM
No, but if come Feb. there is a jam at the PG with Tony back and DJ taking meaningful strides I think Mills might be the odd man out.

Something like a Shumpurt, who with buried in the CAVs depth chart now with Wade in tow, plus cedí Osman for Mills and Bert might make sense if the Isiah Thomas injury is bad and Rose invariably gets his seasonable Injury.

No, it would be Anderson, unless Pop wises up, starts Gay and moves Gasol to the bench, in which case it could be Lauvergne.

That would be a horrific trade for Spurs. Shumpert makes no sense (Paul might end up a comparable at a fraction of the cost) and though Osman is arguably a better prospect than Bertans, the latter's shooting is more of a need.

MaNu4Tres
10-24-2017, 05:46 PM
Trade Patty for Cole Aldrichs' expiring, fillers & a 2nd. Give Danny Pattys money this summer.

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 05:57 PM

tonight...you
10-24-2017, 06:57 PM
You mean a disgruntled LMA can't net the Spurs a Top 5 pick?

https://media.tenor.com/images/de28ceb750812226f77e2c33b2d1ddf9/tenor.gif

TheGreatYacht
10-24-2017, 07:04 PM
Trade Patty for Cole Aldrichs' expiring, fillers & a 2nd. Give Danny Pattys money this summer.
:tu

illusioNtEk
10-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Give Danny Pattys money this summer.

BackHome
10-24-2017, 09:23 PM
The Suns are screwed no way are they getting any value in a trade as far as proven talent. Only hope is for draft picks.

TheDoctor
10-25-2017, 10:23 AM
Fatty + Contract-Year-Motivated-Fathead should do it. If they want more lets throw Cultured-Pau in there for T.Chandler. This will make our big cry baby happy and engaged.

cd021
10-25-2017, 03:50 PM
No, it would be Anderson, unless Pop wises up, starts Gay and moves Gasol to the bench, in which case it could be Lauvergne.

That would be a horrific trade for Spurs. Shumpert makes no sense (Paul might end up a comparable at a fraction of the cost) and though Osman is arguably a better prospect than Bertans, the latter's shooting is more of a need.

It seems that with Lauvergne possibly being out for more than one game after rolling his ankle, Anderson would probably start at PF with Gasol playing behind LMA. Hopefully Anderson impresses enough for Pop to at least consider going with Anderson and Gay at PF full time and moving Gasol to backup center.

To play devils advocate with the trade. If the Cavs are interested (which I would doubt they would be) if I.T. and or Rose's health is in doubt around the trade deadline.

Shumpert and Osman for Patty Mills doesn't make sense on an on the court perspective for the spurs with Shumpert (he'd probably ride the bench here as well) but there would some pros to the deal.

Your point about Paul being comparable, if not better than Shumpert, for a fraction of the cost is valid- Shumpert is by almost every advanced stat a bad NBA player but his contract is only for year after this season ($11,000,000 player option) compared to Mills who's deal has about 3 years, $39 million remaining after this season.

The trade would accomplish three things: Spurs clear out Mills' contract, saving the Spurs money in the long term ( in theory, they could stretch and waive Shumpert's 11,000,000 and spread it over 3 years at $3.66 million). Clears out playing time for Murray at PG going forward and adds a cheap prospect in Osman, a player the Spurs reported like and is on a cheap 3 year deal.

cd021
10-25-2017, 03:58 PM

Wouldn't be bad move considering they wouldn't need to take on money for beyond this season and we get a second rounder in return.

Ocotillo
10-25-2017, 04:01 PM
Maybe Bledseo but I doubt Phoenix ships Bledsoe for Patty.

BillMc
10-25-2017, 04:25 PM
You mean a disgruntled LMA can't net the Spurs a Top 5 pick?

https://media.tenor.com/images/de28ceb750812226f77e2c33b2d1ddf9/tenor.gif
:lol

Strange things afoot at the Circle K.

TD 21
10-25-2017, 05:32 PM
It seems that with Lauvergne possibly being out for more than one game after rolling his ankle, Anderson would probably start at PF with Gasol playing behind LMA. Hopefully Anderson impresses enough for Pop to at least consider going with Anderson and Gay at PF full time and moving Gasol to backup center.

To play devils advocate with the trade. If the Cavs are interested (which I would doubt they would be) if I.T. and or Rose's health is in doubt around the trade deadline.

Shumpert and Osman for Patty Mills doesn't make sense on an on the court perspective for the spurs with Shumpert (he'd probably ride the bench here as well) but there would some pros to the deal.

Your point about Paul being comparable, if not better than Shumpert, for a fraction of the cost is valid- Shumpert is by almost every advanced stat a bad NBA player but his contract is only for year after this season ($11,000,000 player option) compared to Mills who's deal has about 3 years, $39 million remaining after this season.

The trade would accomplish three things: Spurs clear out Mills' contract, saving the Spurs money in the long term ( in theory, they could stretch and waive Shumpert's 11,000,000 and spread it over 3 years at $3.66 million). Clears out playing time for Murray at PG going forward and adds a cheap prospect in Osman, a player the Spurs reported like and is on a cheap 3 year deal.

Even with no backup C on the bench and against a Heat team that is currently starting a Johnson-Mickey frontline, I doubt Gasol comes off the bench. He probably won't play more than 10-12 minutes next to Aldridge though.

The only chance of Gasol becoming strictly the backup C, is against the presumed other 3 West elites in a playoff series and even then, I wouldn't put it past them to not go into it that way. Otherwise, he makes too much and has too big an ego to only average roughly 15 mpg.

They won't move Mills, but theoretically, he might be movable in a straight or near straight salary dump and Osman would probably be permanently blocked from a path to a rotation spot.

CGD
10-25-2017, 06:37 PM

I couldn’t give two shits about what schumpter would add, but I do care about getting off patty’s long term money if we end up with a crowded pg rotation.

CGD
10-25-2017, 06:38 PM

This

tholdren
10-25-2017, 06:58 PM
This

The $ makes sense but youre trading a character guy for a bum. NOT WORTH IT

james evans
10-25-2017, 09:25 PM
but but, Mills is better than Murray (not my words)

Trueblood
10-25-2017, 09:37 PM
I think we've thoroughly established that we can't trade Patty. One trade scenario I read online said if the spurs offer white, Anderson and next year's first that could get the job done. I don't have an issue giving up White since I see DJ as our PG of the future. Losing Anderson would suck when he was finally becoming serviceable but we would be getting a much better return on value. And finally I wouldn't be too heartbroken about losing the first because it would be a late one anyway. Plus if it works out well we could trade Patty later in the year for a pick to unclog our PG log jam. The biggest downside I see is it could really slow DJ's development...

vander
10-25-2017, 09:42 PM
I think we've thoroughly established that we can't trade Patty. One trade scenario I read online said if the spurs offer white, Anderson and next year's first that could get the job done. I don't have an issue giving up White since I see DJ as our PG of the future. Losing Anderson would suck when he was finally becoming serviceable but we would be getting a much better return on value. And finally I wouldn't be too heartbroken about losing the first because it would be a late one anyway. Plus if it works out well we could trade Patty later in the year for a pick to unclog our PG log jam. The biggest downside I see is it could really slow DJ's development...

gotta keep White and Anderson. with Parker's age/health, Spurs will need that 3rd PG, I want to see what White can do with some of Mills' minutes.

Nathan89
10-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Loser franchises should value a guy like mills. He can help a culture.

illusioNtEk
10-25-2017, 11:26 PM
i think its finally safe to say we should just trust in pop and rc.... whatever happens we just gotta move on

EIC
10-26-2017, 06:52 AM
Can't believe the cash PATFO have tied up in Pau and Patty. It was so obviously stupid even at the time. Fan bases should have veto power over contracts. Fan base could have saved the Spurs from themselves x2 here.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-26-2017, 06:56 AM
Can't believe the cash PATFO have tied up in Pau and Patty. It was so obviously stupid even at the time. Fan bases should have veto power over contracts. Fan base could have saved the Spurs from themselves x2 here.

Fan base would have also traded George Hill (or better yet - Tony) for Chris Singleton, not Kawhi.

eric365
10-26-2017, 07:57 AM
Yes and then kyle for Lebron

Dingle Barry
10-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Need to move Patty for a bench big who can play some D and rebound. Rim protection is really weak other than LMA.

tonight...you
10-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Need to move Patty for a bench big who can play some D and rebound. Rim protection is really weak other than LMA.
Isn't Pau leading the league in D at the rim right now bro?

cd021
10-26-2017, 05:02 PM

Gasol actually isn't awful at rim protection, I don't consider that to be an issue. The biggest issue thus far has been a lack of 3pt shooting but that will self correct. I think the Spurs end up staying pat, Mills has been outplayed by Murray and it could get wierd when Parker returns but history suggests that they value depth. Spurs could have probably shipping out Blair and Cojo during their final seasons for a return but opted to keep them in case they were needed.

cd021
10-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Isn't Pau leading the league in D at the rim right now bro?

He did shut shit down at the rim against Houston in the playoffs, wouldn't be surprised if he did. Gasol hasn't played that well overall but his defense actually seems better than at the same time last year.

rogcl1
10-26-2017, 08:36 PM

And the SA fans could be watching the Seattle Spurs or wherever else they would be by now .Dumb Ass moron.

duncan2k5
10-27-2017, 12:50 PM
Gasol is terrible at moving his feet... Him leading in rim protection isn't a good measure of his defense... Many times ppl drive to the rim it isn't just Gasol they shoot over... Additionally the teams we have to beat heavily run pick and roll, and there is where he is absolute trash

duncan2k5
10-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Suns packaging Chandler for with Bledsoe... We NEED that trade, tbh... Bledsoe is an above average backup, and chandler is still starter worthy... A better version of Dedmon in terms of rim protection... He was the reason Dallas even won a championship tbh...

NASpurs
10-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Mirotic wants out of Chicago so... 50 Mills for Mirotic?

Yeah I know, can't trade these two players until January.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Suns packaging Chandler for with Bledsoe... We NEED that trade, tbh... Bledsoe is an above average backup, and chandler is still starter worthy... A better version of Dedmon in terms of rim protection... He was the reason Dallas even won a championship tbh...

It's impossible for the Spurs right now to come up with the salaries to match, other than Parker + Green, which neither team would do.

duncan2k5
10-27-2017, 12:58 PM
It's impossible for the Spurs right now to come up with the salaries to match, other than Parker + Green, which neither team would do.

Anything is possible... There is always a three team deal that can be done