PDA

View Full Version : Game Takeaways: Raptors @ Spurs

raybies
10-23-2017, 11:37 PM
- Murray is unbelievable. I just can't believe after what we witnessed in Summer League, what he is accomplishing now. It's unreal. Complete night and day. I guess he does play better with better players, or he plays to the level of the game. Watching him today reminded me of a young Westbrook. For as much hate as some give the FO, and how Presti did everything, and like to discredit, they may of done it again. After Duncan left I lost a lot of interest in the team and missed a lot of games last year but with Murray in the fold and playing like this, my interest level is pretty high again. It's gonna be fun watching this kid progress and develop. Who knows what he is capable of. Apology thread? or to soon...

-LMA played with passion and made a big clutch shot. I wanted to see him involved more heading into the 4th Quarter and he stepped up scoring 10 points. Loved the fight he showed against Ibaka. He clearly is engaged now and feeling involved.

-Kyle is a keeper. He catches so much flack for being slow and missing shots, like nobody ever missed but he's got game man. He made some big plays tonight. I'm not saying his game was an A tonight but he certainly is worthy of some credit. He may not be as aggressive as some may want but compared to last season he's on a whole nother lever and he's getting good shots and being pretty efficient.

-Pop let the kid play. Pop is growing a monster in Murray. His affirmations and coaching shouldn't go unnoticed with him. As for the lineups, they were a little out there but the fact he let the kids play was great.

-Manu looks so spry. Who would of thought with Manu's injury history that he'd be playing at 40 and looking this good. He's the best bench player at 40. Gosh, what a legend, for real tho.

-Barring an injury this might be the deepest team we've ever had. I said top 3 without Leonard but I wonder where we are with Leonard. I hope Pop keeps Anderson in the lineup when Leonard comes back. Anderson is an above average starter and good contributor. Gonna be interesting to see what the lineup looks like when both Leonard and Parker are back.

-With Golden State already losing a couple games and us with a 2 game lead in the loss column, I'm getting greedy. Is it too soon to start the hope for the number one seed. I just look at those losses like man we really need to keep that lead as long as we can.

-Another Murray thought, but I see this situation like Dak's in Dallas. If the kid plays well he should keep the job. I guess in Cowboys land it kind of pushed Romo into retirement and I don't see that happening here but you can't move Murray to the bench and take what He's earned. Still early but if he keeps this up, he may do Tony like Tony did Daniels. The irony.

Final thought:
This team is super entertaining. So far the players at the most part have been exceeding expectations sans Pau and maybe Mills. Here's to the 2017-2018 season boys. Let's hope for an injury free campaign and a little luck.

webshad
10-23-2017, 11:41 PM
LMA is angry this year, he wants to be an All-Star, it's so obvious. He didn't take it too well last year.

SAGirl
10-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Danny Green too! He’s alwyab been tenacious on defense but he’s taking it to better levels when one combines that with his newfound aggression offensively too. Still there will be a missed pass here or there but he was awesome tonight too. I will comment more tomorrow with more time. Thanks for commenting raybies

SpurPadre
10-23-2017, 11:46 PM
LMA is angry this year, he wants to be an All-Star, it's so obvious. He didn't take it too well last year.

He's getting his touches, tbh.

spurraider21
10-23-2017, 11:48 PM
nice post, OP, but i would disagree that this is the deepest team we've had

raybies
10-23-2017, 11:50 PM
Danny Green too! He’s alwyab been tenacious on defense but he’s taking it to better levels when one combines that with his newfound aggression offensively too. Still there will be a missed pass here or there but he was awesome tonight too. I will comment more tomorrow with more time. Thanks for commenting raybies
Yeah I agree, his defense was tenacious. Forgot to mention Murray's defense without fouling too. Gah lee, imagine Murray/Green/Leonard/Anderson/LMA starting.... homer simpson drooling gif. The length and firepower would be unreal. But yeah Green is back!

raybies
10-23-2017, 11:51 PM
nice post, OP, but i would disagree that this is the deepest team we've had
I mean from top to bottom. 1-15. But for conversation's sake which team do you think was deeper?

SnakeBoy
10-23-2017, 11:58 PM
-Another Murray thought, but I see this situation like Dak's in Dallas. If the kid plays well he should keep the job. I guess in Cowboys land it kind of pushed Romo into retirement and I don't see that happening here but you can't move Murray to the bench and take what He's earned. Still early but if he keeps this up, he may do Tony like Tony did Daniels. The irony.

I'm not going to let myself think Murray is going to keep playing like this but if he does but if he does I agree. It would make for a heck of a bench unit.

TP
Manu
Gay
Anderson
Lauvergne

8FOR!3
10-24-2017, 12:00 AM
Murray
Green
Kawhi
Kyle
LMA

That lineup is a terror.

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:02 AM
Murray
Green
Kawhi
Kyle
LMA

That lineup is a terror.

No one is scared of fathead dude. Durant laughing his way to the bank on that one. :lol

raybies
10-24-2017, 12:02 AM
Murray
Green
Kawhi
Kyle
LMA

That lineup is a terror.

I'm gonna be looking for this lineup when Leonard comes back. Theoretically it should be be like a defensive death lineup.

raybies
10-24-2017, 12:03 AM
No one is scared of fathead dude. Durant laughing his way to the bank on that one. :lol
he wouldn't be guarding Durant.

Cry Havoc
10-24-2017, 12:03 AM
Fucking PATFO. None better. Not in the history of American sports.

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:04 AM
he wouldn't be guarding Durant.

Yeah he would. Do you watch basketball dude? :lmao

raybies
10-24-2017, 12:04 AM
Fucking PATFO. None better. Not in the history of American sports.
yet spoiled Spurfan will cry about this and that, when we are living through one of the greatest runs in Sports History.

raybies
10-24-2017, 12:05 AM
Who'd Leonard be guarding?

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:06 AM
Who'd Leonard be guarding?

Have you never seen Fathead defend Durant?? It's already happened before. :lmao

raybies
10-24-2017, 12:07 AM
I'll make it simple:

Curry --- Green or Murray
Thompson --- Green or Murray
Iggy --- Anderson
Durant --- Leonard
Green --- LMA

Am i missing somehting dabom

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:07 AM
I'll make it simple:

Curry --- Green or Murray
Thompson --- Green or Murray
Iggy --- Anderson
Durant --- Leonard
Green --- LMA

Am i missing somehting dabom (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=47543)

Actual games aren't like that. :lmao

raybies
10-24-2017, 12:08 AM
Actual games aren't like that. :lmao
alright I'm done... have no idea what I'm arguing with here. you got me dude. I'm stumped.

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:09 AM
alright I'm done... have no idea what I'm arguing with here. you got me dude. I'm stumped.

Yeah I know, stick to grades brah. :tu

vander
10-24-2017, 12:09 AM
should have fed LMA more, there were long stretches of the game where the offense was not able to get anything close to good look, it was painful to watch.

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:10 AM
My 5 man, depending on matchups

DM/PM
DG
KL
RG
LMA

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:12 AM
Anyone disagree?

raybies
10-24-2017, 12:15 AM
I definitely thing that's a better closing lineup than having Anderson in. The lineup that was suggested would make a great SL imo. Yours would make a great closing lineup. LMA, Gay, and Leonard could abuse the low post and Gay is another closer. So we have options. But with Danny looking like an elite role player thus far, when Whi comes back we could be pretty scary.

TheGreatYacht
10-24-2017, 12:18 AM
Fathead over Gay? Yikes :lol

dabom
I've seen "Kyle" wet the bed to many times in the playoffs. He still has the same mentality. I don't want him to have to many minutes in the playoffs besides garbage time.

marinoman
I'm not going to let myself think Murray is going to keep playing like this but if he does but if he does I agree. It would make for a heck of a bench unit.

TP
Manu
Gay
Anderson
Lauvergne
I like how you didn’t mention mills, I wouldn’t either. December 15 can’t come soon enough

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:20 AM
I like how you didn’t mention mills, I wouldn’t either. December 15 can’t come soon enough

Are the Spurs gonna give him more money or something? :lol

Aztecfan03
10-24-2017, 12:22 AM
I mean from top to bottom. 1-15. But for conversation's sake which team do you think was deeper?
2014-2015 for starters.

marinoman
10-24-2017, 12:23 AM
Are the Spurs gonna give him more money or something? :lol
Id trade him for a 2nd round pick at this point. Huge mistake to resign his ass after 2 years of garbage in the playoffs

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:25 AM
2014-2015 for starters.

Brah, :lol

Broken parker, broken vagina tiago, Kawhi was hurt that year too, fat diaw.

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:26 AM
Id trade him for a 2nd round pick at this point. Huge mistake to resign his ass after 2 years of garbage in the playoffs

That just can't be you stupid fuck. The best FO in the league getting swindled? :lmao

marinoman
10-24-2017, 12:31 AM
That just can't be you stupid fuck. The best FO in the league getting swindled? :lmao
I just want something/anything else for him. Anyone can miss 3 after 3, provide no resistance on D and wave a towel. He sux

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:34 AM
I just want something/anything else for him. Anyone can miss 3 after 3, provide no resistance on D and wave a towel. He sux

:lol

We know you don't know shit about anything. Thanks for the laughs. :lol

spurraider21
10-24-2017, 12:39 AM
any number of years where our bench was scoring something to the tune of 40 ppg

the 12-13 team was pretty damn deep...

splitter/duncan/kawhi/green/parker

baynes/diaw/manu/neal/mills/cojo

marinoman
10-24-2017, 12:41 AM

We know you don't know shit about anything. Thanks for the laughs. :lol
My god you’re delusional. How you can even keep a straight face while defending mills is unfathomable

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:43 AM
My god you’re delusional. How you can even keep a straight face while defending mills is unfathomable

You saying he played bad last few years is a goddam fucking lie. The fact that the Spurs gave him a 4 year 50 mil salary says otherwise. :lol

Arcadian
10-24-2017, 12:51 AM
After Duncan left I lost a lot of interest in the team and missed a lot of games last year but with Murray in the fold and playing like this, my interest level is pretty high again.

I used to think I was going to lose interest when Duncan retired, but that didn't happen for two reasons: Kawhi and winning. I assumed the Spurs would sink to a borderline playoff team, but instead they remained a top 2 team in the west. And Kawhi was the perfect successor to Tim Duncan. I couldn't have hoped for a more perfect player to take the torch.

But I agree this team looks even more promising.

marinoman
10-24-2017, 12:55 AM
You saying he played bad last few years is a goddam fucking lie. The fact that the Spurs gave him a 4 year 50 mil salary says otherwise. :lol
Lol what a horrible point. According to dabom everyone who gets a good nice contract deserves it, just lol. So don’t you ever criticize Parker or gasol you clown lol

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:57 AM
Lol what a horrible point. According to dabom everyone who gets a good nice contract deserves it, just lol. So don’t you ever criticize Parker or gasol you clown lol

I can only thing of a couple of players in Spurs history that didn't live up to the salary. 99% of the time they get it right. :lmao

hooperflash
10-24-2017, 12:58 AM
My not-so biggest takeaway is that Amused gets away with murder every time he creates a game thread without getting pinked.

marinoman
10-24-2017, 01:04 AM
I can only thing of a couple of players in Spurs history that didn't live up to the salary. 99% of the time they get it right. :lmao
Good job boxing yourself in lol. Once again you’re never allowed to shit on Parker or gasol without being a complete hypocrite, lol

dabom
10-24-2017, 01:05 AM
Good job boxing yourself in lol. Once again you’re never allowed to shit on Parker or gasol without being a complete hypocrite, ��

Your the one saying he was a bad player, and that the Spurs are dumb enough to give him 50 Millie, faggot. :lmao

cutewizard
10-24-2017, 01:07 AM
I'm gonna be looking for this lineup when Leonard comes back. Theoretically it should be be like a defensive death lineup.

More like
Lma
Kawhi
Hay
Murray
Danny

marinoman
10-24-2017, 01:14 AM
Your the one saying he was a bad player, and that the Spurs are dumb enough to give him 50 Millie, faggot. :lmao
You’re*, don’t let your obvious anger effect your grammar, Spurs never give bad contracts according to you so don’t talk shit about Parker or gasol without disproving your own garbage argument lol.
Btw rasho nesterovic says thank you for calling him a great player since he got a huge contract from the spurs

dabom
10-24-2017, 01:16 AM
You’re*, don’t let your obvious anger effect your grammar, Spurs never give bad contracts according to you so don’t talk shit about Parker or gasol without disproving your own garbage argument lol.
Btw rasho nesterovic says thank you for calling him a great player since he got a huge contract from the spurs

99% is not "never". Do you understand English, faggot. :lmao

Spurtacular
10-24-2017, 01:16 AM
Only saw highlights and not the game yet; but it looks like Aldridge finally grew a pair.

dabom
10-24-2017, 01:21 AM
Can this marinofaggot reply quicker. I'm about to go sleep on this POS poster.

AFMadison
10-24-2017, 01:22 AM
My 5 man, depending on matchups

DM/PM
DG
KL
RG
LMA
RG gonna get eaten alive on defense. I stay with Kyle definitely

dabom
10-24-2017, 01:23 AM
RG gonna get eaten alive on defense. I stay with Kyle definitely

Ruday Gay is the player fathead strives to be.

AFMadison
10-24-2017, 01:24 AM
Ruday Gay is the player fathead strives to be.
Not defensively.

dabom
10-24-2017, 01:25 AM
Not defensively.

It's like we've never seen fathead play defense in the playoffs. :lol

And on offense, Gay>>>>>>fathead. :lol

marinoman
10-24-2017, 01:31 AM
99% is not "never". Do you understand English, faggot. :lmao
Lol at 99% not being a practical certainty.
You should play football cause every team would love to have a corner who can backpedal as fast as you. Once again don’t shit on gasol or Parker ever again or you’re contradicting the asinine posts you’ve made here.
Im so glad we’ll never have to hear your shitty takes on great contract great player Parker again

dabom
10-24-2017, 01:32 AM
Lol at 99% not being a practical certainty.
You should play football cause every team would love to have a corner who can backpedal as fast as you. Once again don’t shit on gasol or Parker ever again or you’re contradicting the asinine posts you’ve made here.
Im so glad we’ll never have to hear your shitty takes on great contract great player Parker again

You're a piece of shit JV poster. If you think Patty Mills had a bad playoffs 2 years in a row, you must have smeg in your eyes. :lmao

marinoman
10-24-2017, 01:33 AM
Can this marinofaggot reply quicker. I'm about to go sleep on this POS poster.
Sorry to hear you’re waiting by your phone waiting for my replies lol, go to sleep, you clearly need to rest

dabom
10-24-2017, 01:34 AM
99% is also not 100%. Where did you go to school bud? :lmao

AFMadison
10-24-2017, 01:35 AM
It's like we've never seen fathead play defense in the playoffs. :lol

And on offense, Gay>>>>>>fathead. :lol
Kyles defense > Rudy’s defense. Thought we were talking defensive lineups, my b.

marinoman
10-24-2017, 01:39 AM
99% is also not 100%. Where did you go to school bud? :lmao
99%, but you desperately want to shit on Parker and gasol still. Go to sleep little boy

dabom
10-24-2017, 01:42 AM
99%, but you desperately want to shit on Parker and gasol still. Go to sleep little boy

Parker fluffer. I just quoted you on another thread. :lmao

Aztecfan03
10-24-2017, 01:44 AM
Brah, :lol

Broken parker, broken vagina tiago, Kawhi was hurt that year too, fat diaw.

sounds like this year so far.

r0drig0lac
10-24-2017, 04:41 AM
Murray is so good, Aldridge going inside Abaka, and Danny 2.0 (it's unbelievable his evolution) ... what a player !!!! ...big things

Brazil
10-24-2017, 06:31 AM
Murray is awesome tbh... feels good to have him in the team. I hope he keeps he starting job and Parker/Mills/Manu take care of the bench

Dingle Barry
10-24-2017, 07:45 AM
LDN dribbling and pulling up and pivoting for a baby hook? Where in God's name did that come from?

Chinook
10-24-2017, 07:49 AM

January 15*

Chinook
10-24-2017, 07:49 AM
LDN dribbling and pulling up and pivoting for a baby hook? Where in God's name did that come from?

First post-up I've seen from him since 2014 against CJ McCollum.

Fireball
10-24-2017, 07:52 AM
With all the good Murray brings right now ... Pau Gasol is awful ... and just when I wanted more of his minutes for Lauvergne the man gets injured

UZER
10-24-2017, 07:58 AM
It's amazing how Danny's game improves when he puts it on the floor with purpose instead of "oh shit, what do I do now." It looks like he came into the season prepared to do this more. That's all were ever asked.

Still a wait and see game if he can keep it up, but looks good so far.

Chinook
10-24-2017, 08:00 AM
The benefit of Joff getting hurt is that Pau should play less with Aldridge for a big. Issue is that with Kawhi being out, the Spurs have to play either Bertans or Paul minutes at forward. Not ideal.

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 08:08 AM
With all the good Murray brings right now ... Pau Gasol is awful ... and just when I wanted more of his minutes for Lauvergne the man gets injured

Lauvergne is not necessarily great, but it's just that Pau has been sooooo bad that it makes one wish for anyone else. What a bad contract.

Mr. Body
10-24-2017, 08:20 AM
Kyle doesn't get the credit he deserves on the defensive end. Defense was supposed to be his major issue but he's figured out how to use his length, smarts, and positioning to be close to a smothering presence there. He's also a good defensive rebounder. Major props to him for turning plus so soon.

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 08:31 AM
The benefit of Joff getting hurt is that Pau should play less with Aldridge for a big. Issue is that with Kawhi being out, the Spurs have to play either Bertans or Paul minutes at forward. Not ideal.
How do you see things shaking out?
I have to admit I have been surprised Bertans hasn't been playing after all the run he got in preseason. I mean at this point, Brandon Paul is coming in for defensive possessions ahead of him and when Pop needs an offensive spark, he's turning to Bryn Forbes. I think Pop is just giving Forbes a chance to show he belongs in the league, bc he had an impressive summer and was lighting up training camp and preseason. Davis wasn't so impressive.

But I am also worried about Davis at this point. He needs to play bc frankly, if you can't play Davis at this point of the season, when the team has a lot of injuries, and PATFO made a conscious choice to go forward with a thin number of bigs bc they counted on him for depth... at what point is he going to become useful really? If Joff isn't ready for next game, Davis will play. I hope he's ready to make an impression. I have been prognosticating a shooting spree from him bc he's too good of a shooter to stay with a bad shooting % as he had in preseason.. that is going to trend up. Hopefully it's right now when the team needs it bc they aren't healthy and whole.

Dave_ET
10-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Murray is legit
No longer hold my breath when Green drives
Does LMA sustain the attitude for 79 more games + playoffs?

DAF86
10-24-2017, 08:33 AM
A takeaway that hasn't been mentioned: BP3 showed some nice playmaking on the few minutes he played.

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Murray is legit
No longer hold my breath when Green drives
Does LMA sustain the attitude for 79 more games + playoffs?
We will have to see what happens when kawhi gets back. Those touches will recede. I hope they find a way to make it work.

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 08:34 AM
A takeaway that hasn't been mentioned: BP3 showed some nice playmaking on the few minutes he played.
Agreed. Pleasant surprise with him. He also was shooting well in preseason and summer. He looks like he will be solid. :toast

emanueldavidginobili
10-24-2017, 08:34 AM
My god Pau doesn’t even look like he belongs in the NBA right now.

Dex
10-24-2017, 08:44 AM
https://i.imgur.com/mMbEB79.jpg

Buddy of mine caught DJ's game-worn sleeve after the game. :wow

Chinook
10-24-2017, 08:51 AM
We will have to see what happens when kawhi gets back. Those touches will recede. I hope they find a way to make it work.

It's not just LMA. Aldridge, Green, Anderson and Murray may all regress to their previous forms when the entire foundation of then starting unit shifts to Kawhiso. Of course if that happens, you'll have folks going " :lol this team outside Kawhi :lmao"

BillMc
10-24-2017, 09:32 AM
Does anyone think LMA is really doing that much better? I mean he's happier, so that alone is good. But he's shooting a worse percentage. His minutes are up which probably accounts for the additional rebounds. And he busted his butt on d last year too. So, he's got more volume, but is he better? The narrative is the "old LaMarcus is back". But I think its more like "LaMarcus takes more shots, plays more minutes, is about the same, maybe a little worse."

Of course when Kawhi returns his efficiency should improve, but the shot volume and probably minute volume will decrease. I think he's a raw numbers guy and so is the media.

RD2191
10-24-2017, 09:43 AM
Does anyone think LMA is really doing that much better? I mean he's happier, so that alone is good. But he's shooting a worse percentage. His minutes are up which probably accounts for the additional rebounds. And he busted his butt on d last year too. So, he's got more volume, but is he better? The narrative is the "old LaMarcus is back". But I think its more like "LaMarcus takes more shots, plays more minutes, is about the same, maybe a little worse."

Of course when Kawhi returns his efficiency should improve, but the shot volume and probably minute volume will decrease. I think he's a raw numbers guy and so is the media.

Bill dropping truth nukes.

sasaint
10-24-2017, 09:45 AM

Exactly. I even think Pop was wanting the same thing. Now Pau has to get his act together.

BillMc
10-24-2017, 09:48 AM
Bill dropping truth nukes.

How'd the pistols at dawn go? Since you're here alive and breathing you must have won. :lol

sasaint
10-24-2017, 09:52 AM

LMA showed what I have wanted on one play last night - his bullying Serge on Serge's sixth foul. Otherwise, I agree. He is not a very efficient offensive player. Period. I am concerned that he will go into pouting doldrums when Kawhi returns and he becomes a second banana again - especially if Dijon continues to play at a high level and get a lot of media attention. I just hope that when Tony and (especially) Kawhi return that the transition will be smooth both on and off the court.

BillMc
10-24-2017, 09:57 AM
LMA showed what I have wanted on one play last night - his bullying Serge on Serge's sixth foul. Otherwise, I agree. He is not a very efficient offensive player. Period. I am concerned that he will go into pouting doldrums when Kawhi returns and he becomes a second banana again - especially if Dijon continues to play at a high level and get a lot of media attention. I just hope that when Tony and (especially) Kawhi return that the transition will be smooth both on and off the court.

All valid points. I share your concern.

r0drig0lac
10-24-2017, 09:57 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smishocked.gif

RD2191
10-24-2017, 10:01 AM
How'd the pistols at dawn go? Since you're here alive and breathing you must have won. :lol

Yeah, I took out that dirty imposter. If he comes back it'll be as a ghost and I'll be screwed.

BillMc
10-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I took out that dirty imposter. If he comes back it'll be as a ghost and I'll be screwed.
:lol Hey, its almost Halloween so you never know.

Ice009
10-24-2017, 10:08 AM
After Duncan left I lost a lot of interest in the team and missed a lot of games last year but with Murray in the fold and playing like this, my interest level is pretty high again. It's gonna be fun watching this kid progress and develop. Who knows what he is capable of. Apology thread? or to soon...

I'm sorry, but you kind of lost me here. Did you not get excited seeing all of Kawhi's hard work pay off last season, culminating in the playoffs with Kawhi turning himself into a Superstar through sheer hard work and will?

You're excited about three good/great games from Murray at the start of the season, but Kawhi himself last season playing as a top 3 player on the planet didn't really do much for you last season?

Prose
10-24-2017, 10:52 AM
1.murry is amazing. 15 boards from the gaurd position! 4 assist shy of a tribute doub. Westbrook like.
2. Manu continue to show he is a living ledgend
3. Lma playing with a passion he has not shown in a spurs jersey, looks to lost 10 pounds
4. Jeffrey crashing the boards and playing with a high energy level. Just imagine when he starts finishing off plays. Sucks he got hurt but I guess now we can see Davis.
5. Gay continues to impress. He is longer than I thought seeing him out on the court. Just wish he would lose maybe 5-10 pounds seems to have gained after the injury
6. Mills continues to be a non factor. What happens when tony returns
7. Kyle playing well even at his Molases pase
8. Gasol continues to struggle.
9. Paul thrown into the fire to gaurd derozana and was impressive
10. For all the green hater he continues to improve. He added a step back jumper and is more agressive

duncan2k5
10-24-2017, 10:52 AM
kyle is horrible! he made some HORRIBLY ill-advised passes...missed wide open layups, played bad defense, and had them raps all over the boards...im not sure why he gets so much of a pass...to the point where ppl actually think he needs to start, but murray makes one mistake, and ppl think he isnt NBA material...he cant pass, shoot,nor layup...his defense consists of him reaching around for the steal after his defender blows by him...trade fodder, tbh

rjv
10-24-2017, 10:55 AM
no opponent over 100 yet this season and that is what i am most pleased about. defense has been great because the effort has been great. the energy has been contagious. with the exception of gasol who seems to me moving at the pace of a largo measure sung by placido domingo.

Chinook
10-24-2017, 10:55 AM

It was never about efficiency with LMA. He was never going to be as efficient as the first option. Danny's efficiency is pretty bad this year too, for example. Instead, it's about attitude, tone and predictability. An Aldridge who runs down the court, pins his man and moves faster is just much more or the opponent to deal with. Him being ready to go faster and more consistently gives makes everyone get into their sets earlier. Him being more decisive means the offense can progress to the next option faster and in a way where guys can do things off the ball without needing a specific play called.

LMA can definitely play better, which is one of the things that really makes this team's potential scary. They aren't feeding him right yet, and he's still fading away way too much instead of trying to get to the basket. Dude still loafs every once in a while too. But an Aldridge that feels like he controls the fate of the team seems more inclined to get back on D and up on O. He's had at least two chase-down blocks in three games this year. That wasn't something he did much at all before.

Spur|n|Austin
10-24-2017, 11:36 AM
kyle is horrible! he made some HORRIBLY ill-advised passes...missed wide open layups, played bad defense, and had them raps all over the boards...im not sure why he gets so much of a pass...to the point where ppl actually think he needs to start, but murray makes one mistake, and ppl think he isnt NBA material...he cant pass, shoot,nor layup...his defense consists of him reaching around for the steal after his defender blows by him...trade fodder, tbh

Another hot crap take!

dabom
10-24-2017, 11:38 AM
It's not just LMA. Aldridge, Green, Anderson and Murray may all regress to their previous forms when the entire foundation of then starting unit shifts to Kawhiso. Of course if that happens, you'll have folks going " :lol this team outside Kawhi :lmao"

Why do you even think the team regresses. Why are you always betting against Kawhi? The offense sucks right now. We're playing bad teams. This team ain't beating the warriors without Kawhi. :lmao

dabom
10-24-2017, 11:39 AM
People quickly forget Kawhi was playing like the GOAT in the playoffs. Stop talking shit about our best player. :lol

Chinook
10-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Why do you even think the team regresses. Why are you always betting against Kawhi? The offense sucks right now. We're playing bad teams. This team ain't beating the warriors without Kawhi. :lmao

I never said the team will regress. I just said most of their best players will. And just like last year, people will pretend Kawhi didn't have a supporting cast, even though he had guys who could play the whole time. The team needs to find a balance between Kawhiso, LMA post-ups and everyone else. Last year, their balance was awful, and only Kawhi really looked good. Can't have that again.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-24-2017, 11:58 AM
Kyle will not match up well against elite tier small ball teams. He's simply too slow. It's mitigated if everyone else around him plays good D, but I don't see it.

dabom
10-24-2017, 11:59 AM
I never said the team will regress. I just said most of their best players will. And just like last year, people will pretend Kawhi didn't have a supporting cast, even though he had guys who could play the whole time. The team needs to find a balance between Kawhiso, LMA post-ups and everyone else. Last year, their balance was awful, and only Kawhi really looked good. Can't have that again.

You're making it seem like Kawhi was some ball hog or something. Kawhi was up on the Warriors 23 before being zaza'ed. Don't fucking try to blame him for shit. The team is lucky to have him. :lmao

Chinook
10-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Kyle will not match up well against elite tier small ball teams. He's simply too slow. It's mitigated if everyone else around him plays good D, but I don't see it.

He's too slow for what?

Chinook
10-24-2017, 12:10 PM
You're making it seem like Kawhi was some ball hog or something. Kawhi was up on the Warriors 23 before being zaza'ed. Don't fucking try to blame him for shit. The team is lucky to have him. :lmao

I've gone into great detail about why I think Kawhiso hurts the offense. Almost none of it had to do with Kawhi's decisions with the ball in his hands. It has nothing to do with his usage, and everything to do with the way the offense screeches to a halt when he has the ball. That's because Kawhi has a tool for every situation and has to go through all of them before he passes. They need better structure than that, or else no one on the team is going to be able to keep any rhythm.

BackHome
10-24-2017, 12:11 PM
I think the first option needs to be push up to get easy shot. If that does not work it needs to be feed LMA down low and he either dishes to Kawhi or tries to score. Either way the ball needs to be in there hands most of the game.

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:11 PM
I've gone into great detail about why I think Kawhiso hurts the offense. Almost none of it had to do with Kawhi's decisions with the ball in his hands. It has nothing to do with his usage, and everything to do with the way the offense screeches to a halt when he has the ball. That's because Kawhi has a tool for every situation and has to go through all of them before he passes. They need better structure than that, or else no one on the team is going to be able to keep any rhythm.

:lmao You're a faggot dude. :lmao

Chinook
10-24-2017, 12:13 PM
:lmao You're a faggot dude. :lmao

Shame, you were doing so well. But you had to go full-on dabom eventually, I guess.

dabom
10-24-2017, 12:18 PM
No one disagrees with me. They don't wanna shame you. People that hate me would jump on my comments but they don't. They are trying to help you save face. :lol

buttsR4rebounding
10-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Interesting non-Spursian stats through the first 3 games: Spurs 1st in offensive rebounding and last in 3 pt shooting %.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-24-2017, 12:40 PM
He's too slow for what?

To score, defend, rebound, or be useful against them the way he is against teams not as good as them.
IE, he's fools gold for the rotation. Like a Bonner. If we're cool with that, then no biggie. But I'd rather play young players that can be real contributors when the competition gets stiff.

Chinook
10-24-2017, 12:42 PM
To score, defend, rebound, or be useful against them the way he is against teams not as good as them.
IE, he's fools gold for the rotation. Like a Bonner. If we're cool with that, then no biggie. But I'd rather play young players that can be real contributors when the competition gets stiff.

He is doing well playing as a wing. He'd be even more able to keep up as a four. He's probably the best guy the team has to throw at a guy like Ryno or JaMychal.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-24-2017, 12:44 PM
He is doing well playing as a wing. He'd be even more able to keep up as a four. He's probably the best guy the team has to throw at a guy like Ryno or JaMychal.

I think we've already seen enough of him at the 4. He's been around a good minute already.
Tho we are razor thin at 3 so guess he'll keep getting mins outta necessity. Just don't want him to be a rotation player come playoffs if it can be helped.

BackHome
10-24-2017, 12:49 PM
Yeah starting to see a lot more take it to the rim this year then any other year that I can remember. Last game it was Murray and Manu and Green taking it to the rim. It’s great to see them being able to do this when there 3 is not going in.

I agree with Chin..in that when Kawhi starts the team is going to have to make changes but that is on Pop. It’s up to him how the offense is going to flow ie. what plays to run.

phxspurfan
10-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Parker not being there has helped LMA get more touches. Seriously, LMA + DJ is a good combination, and guys like Kyle/Danny/Joffrey compliment their styles. I wonder how Kawhi will fit in after he gets back, or will the offense go back to Kawhiso.

Chinook
10-24-2017, 01:06 PM
I think we've already seen enough of him at the 4. He's been around a good minute already.
Tho we are razor thin at 3 so guess he'll keep getting mins outta necessity. Just don't want him to be a rotation player come playoffs if it can be helped.

He's getting minutes because he's playing really well. And no, Kyle spent way more time as a two-guard last year than as a power-forward. We've yet to see him play sufficient minutes as a small-ball four.

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 01:26 PM
He's getting minutes because he's playing really well. And no, Kyle spent way more time as a two-guard last year than as a power-forward. We've yet to see him play sufficient minutes as a small-ball four.
The team really didn't play small last season. there was a chart somewhere about the time Aldridge spent next to a non Pau-Lee-dedmon-Bertans big and it was something like 26 minutes for the entire year. and those lineups did well.. some included Kawhi as a 4, some had Simmons and something like 7 minutes for the entire season had Kyle as a 4 but ppl already making conclusions. He had good stats as a 4 an entire 2 years ago when he was 22 and getting his first few real NBA minutes.

I can't argue with everyone about him. He will do what he does and will show up in the playoffs when given opportunities and earn his next deal. For this season, there is still room for improvement for him. Still work to be done. Got to stay ready bc this team is thin in the frontcourt. He will get chances.

Rocalcio
10-24-2017, 01:47 PM

Not sure you do either since you can't admit Anderson is improving.

sasaint
10-24-2017, 02:01 PM

Very, very true. An interesting twist on all this is Murray. We have not seen Kawhi on the floor with this Dijon. How their chemistry develops will be very interesting to watch. Throw in stout D and a Danny who finishes well at the rim, and we may be treated to a lot more up-tempo team than we had last year - especially (as you noted in another post) LMA actually runs the floor.

Rocalcio
10-24-2017, 02:05 PM

He didn't come, such a pussy...

dabom
10-24-2017, 02:05 PM
Not sure you do either since you can't admit Anderson is improving.

Does an improvement mean you are a good player? :lol

sasaint
10-24-2017, 02:06 PM
The team really didn't play small last season. there was a chart somewhere about the time Aldridge spent next to a non Pau-Lee-dedmon-Bertans big and it was something like 26 minutes for the entire year. and those lineups did well.. some included Kawhi as a 4, some had Simmons and something like 7 minutes for the entire season had Kyle as a 4 but ppl already making conclusions. He had good stats as a 4 an entire 2 years ago when he was 22 and getting his first few real NBA minutes.

I can't argue with everyone about him. He will do what he does and will show up in the playoffs when given opportunities and earn his next deal. For this season, there is still room for improvement for him. Still work to be done. Got to stay ready bc this team is thin in the frontcourt. He will get chances.

With Joffrey out for a few games, we will undoubtedly get to see more of Kyle at the 4, which is where he should have been acclimated long ago. But the skills he has developed as a non-4 will serve him very well when he does see significant time there. I believe we will start to see some small ball for real with Kyle at the 4 and a little BPaul sprinkled in at the 3.

Rocalcio
10-24-2017, 02:06 PM

Please change your avatar.

Rocalcio
10-24-2017, 02:12 PM
Does an improvement mean you are a good player? :lol

So you're admitting you don't watch basketball ?

RD2191
10-24-2017, 02:14 PM
He didn't come, such a pussy...

He's alive BillMc. This deserves a story imo tbh

dabom
10-24-2017, 02:14 PM
So you're admitting you don't watch basketball ?

Son, I watch more than you. :lol

BillMc
10-24-2017, 03:02 PM
He's alive BillMc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16431). This deserves a story imo tbh

I agree. 'The Del Negro Stalker". Definitely publishable.

Even Winston Wolf couldn't solve this problem.

Why don't you two do some sort of bet on the next Spurs game and the winner keeps the avatar. Something like calling the final score and whoever is closer wins. You can have an advantage like going first, winning ties and suggest some handicap as you've got like 40k more posts than him.

tbdog
10-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Gasol looks dead out there. And he is getting benched early for good. His passing is reckless as well.

RD2191
10-24-2017, 03:14 PM

Why don't you two do some sort of bet on the next Spurs game and the winner keeps the avatar. Something like calling the final score and whoever is closer wins. You can have an advantage like going first, winning ties and suggest some handicap as you've got like 40k more posts them.

Or I could just fly to France and kick his ass? Put that in the gawd damn book. :pctoss

JK. :lol

tonight...you
10-24-2017, 03:15 PM

Why don't you two do some sort of bet on the next Spurs game and the winner keeps the avatar. Something like calling the final score and whoever is closer wins. You can have an advantage like going first, winning ties and suggest some handicap as you've got like 40k more posts them.
They're the same person.
Chicken Strips has made his move for more exposure: Alt-ing himself...
Work of genius, if you ask me...

Good Job Rob!

BillMc
10-24-2017, 03:20 PM
Or I could just fly to France and kick his ass? Put that in the gawd damn book. :pctoss

They're the same person.

Good Job Rob!

I never know who is real and who is an impostor. I'm Kurt Russell at the ice station. Trust no one. Not even the dogs.

tonight...you
10-24-2017, 03:23 PM

I never know who is real and who is an impostor. I'm Kurt Russell at the ice station. Trust no one. Not even the dogs.
https://i.imgur.com/SewBOHw.gif

BillMc
10-24-2017, 03:27 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SewBOHw.gif

Cool reference. :lol

tonight...you
10-24-2017, 03:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/elvJ3e9.gif

kuato
10-24-2017, 03:42 PM
-Kyle is a keeper. ? he sucked the first 3 quarters...

TD 21
10-24-2017, 06:06 PM
- Probably won't happen, but semi realistic rotation I'd like to see when healthy: Gay/Bertans, Leonard/Ginobili, Aldridge/Gasol, Green/Murray, Parker/Mills.

- Lauvergne's injury, provided it doesn't last long, is good because it forces Pop to play small at almost all times. Once again, he inexplicably plays him next to Gasol against a team playing small off the bench and they predictably struggle.

- Lost amid this start, is the putrid 3-point shooting. Last in makes, attempts and percentage. In dire need of more offense, Bertans should be in the rotation.

- Spurs combination of defensive precision and length, particularly when they go small, is unmatched.

- Green's ability to step up when needed most, is why he's one of the great role players of his era and one of my all time favorites.

raybies
10-24-2017, 06:35 PM
- Probably won't happen, but semi realistic rotation I'd like to see when healthy: Gay/Bertans, Leonard/Ginobili, Aldridge/Gasol, Green/Murray, Parker/Mills.

- Lauvergne's injury, provided it doesn't last long, is good because it forces Pop to play small at almost all times. Once again, he inexplicably plays him next to Gasol against a team playing small off the bench and they predictably struggle.

- Lost amid this start, is the putrid 3-point shooting. Last in makes, attempts and percentage. In dire need of more offense, Bertans should be in the rotation.

- Spurs combination of defensive precision and length, particularly when they go small, is unmatched.

- Green's ability to step up when needed most, is why he's one of the great role players of his era and one of my all time favorites.
Yeah the poor 3 pt shooting/ attempts is a little troubling especially after Becky seemed to mention an emphasis on getting more up. So that's something to definitely monitor.

As for Green, his play has been remarkable tbh. He's playing like an elite role player imo; something like the Iggy's of the world and other players that are not quite stars but have a star like impact. He's got the step back working, the finishing at the rim, and the 3 ball is back. His growth this season is odd for someone his age but it's truly remarkable. If, and this is a big if, he continues to play like this I'd consider him a candidate for MIP.

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 08:08 PM
Yeah the poor 3 pt shooting/ attempts is a little troubling especially after Becky seemed to mention an emphasis on getting more up. So that's something to definitely monitor.

As for Green, his play has been remarkable tbh. He's playing like an elite role player imo; something like the Iggy's of the world and other players that are not quite stars but have a star like impact. He's got the step back working, the finishing at the rim, and the 3 ball is back. His growth this season is odd for someone his age but it's truly remarkable. If, and this is a big if, he continues to play like this I'd consider him a candidate for MIP.
It won't happen. He has improved touches and shots bc Murray is new and young, and not as ball dominant as Tony (he just doesn't hold the ball and dribble dribble, something that has to be liked about him, he has the ball and makes a play quickly or passes to someone)... Anyways, the most significant player, Kawhi is not playing. When he's back Danny's usage will go back down.

Rocalcio
10-24-2017, 08:31 PM
Son, I watch more than you. :lol

Doubt that kid, You probably weren’t alive when I started watching.

Rocalcio
10-24-2017, 08:34 PM

Why don't you two do some sort of bet on the next Spurs game and the winner keeps the avatar. Something like calling the final score and whoever is closer wins. You can have an advantage like going first, winning ties and suggest some handicap as you've got like 40k more posts than him.

But I registered here 2 years before him...

Anyway, I don’t care him having the same avatar, he cares. So I’m not changing it and I don’t pay attention to him anymore. Waste of time tbh.

rastaspur
10-24-2017, 10:40 PM

I watch this movie at least once a year. An absolute classic. Movie and soundtrack.

tbdog
10-25-2017, 02:57 AM
The best thing about Green's play is that he hasn't gotten to many on the money passes when he has his feet set. He has had a few in the corners, for example the hammer play by Ruby a few games ago. Most of his attempts seem to be coming from off the dribble and pull ups. This is very encouraging because it should become easier for him once Leonard is back.

weeks
10-25-2017, 03:31 AM
biggest surprise for me was green showing some improved ball handling.
he adds the ability to attack close outs consistently we're a much scarier team.

agree about LMA, he's looking spry and energetic..the optimistic side of me wants to look past the stats and hope there's been genuine improvement..the pessimist thinks he's gonna pout and sulk and regress as soon as our MVP returns

i give snatch an A+
i give Rocalcio an F- for confusing the fuck out of me and diluting the greatness of RobDiaz with his drivel

Rocalcio
10-25-2017, 04:04 AM

Told you, trip is on me, anything to shut you dirty mouth. But there is no coming back home.

Spurtacular
10-25-2017, 07:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5hfAGelME

Rocalcio
10-25-2017, 09:17 AM
They're the same person.

Good Job Rob!

I'm not this dickhead.

Rocalcio
10-25-2017, 09:21 AM
biggest surprise for me was green showing some improved ball handling.
he adds the ability to attack close outs consistently we're a much scarier team.

agree about LMA, he's looking spry and energetic..the optimistic side of me wants to look past the stats and hope there's been genuine improvement..the pessimist thinks he's gonna pout and sulk and regress as soon as our MVP returns

i give snatch an A+
i give Rocalcio an F- for confusing the fuck out of me and diluting the greatness of RobDiaz with his drivel

Give me a break guys, If R2D2 hadn't chosen the same avatar as me I would be anonymous as possible, and I'd be glad.

I'm here to enjoy a forum about the team I support, not to fight against anyone.

SAGirl
10-25-2017, 09:46 AM
I like you Rocalcio. this little rivalry is amusing... more than the other trolling fetishes and stalking I see here..this one is truly funny.

RD2191
10-25-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm not this dickhead.

I thought you were dead? :wakeup

Rocalcio
10-25-2017, 11:39 AM
I like you Rocalcio. this little rivalry is amusing... more than the other trolling fetishes and stalking I see here..this one is truly funny.

I'm not a big fan of if as far as I'm concerned tbh. But on this kind of forum I guess you have to deal with kids behaviours. I'm being honest when I tell that I was here before him, that's easy to check anyway. The thing is I'm french and by the time I registered my english really sucked so I didn't dare posting.

I guess my little duel with R2D2 is an occasion to improve my writing, so I have to deal with it, but I don't really like the insults that come too easily.

Rocalcio
10-25-2017, 11:41 AM
I thought you were dead? :wakeup

You were too afraid to come, I reckon that makes me more alive than you, right ?

SAGirl
10-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Props to you Rocalcio for improving your English and forum game tbh.
Yea... the insults are annoying. I totally get you there.