PDA

View Full Version : Called it on Murray

duncan2k5
10-24-2017, 11:06 AM
ive been telling some ppl on here not to pay attention to the summer league...some players just play better on the big stage...Murray has shown us since last year he is an NBA player...he was stunted last year because he was taken out after every mistake, and sometimes not even knowing which games he was gonna play...i said he is currently our best starting pg, and many laughed and said he cant even bring the ball up the court based on summer league...now he has arguably been our most important player through 3 games, paying great defense, elite rebounding, and cuting back on the turnovers...he even his couple jumpers, and he definitely isn't bashful...more importantly he has shown leadership qualities in how he has been dealing with his teammates...i feel vindicated, and would like some of you to admit that so far you were wrong...because if i was wrong, id admit it

spurraider21
10-24-2017, 11:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 11:14 AM
so did a lot of ppl tbh
sasaint (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12242) was one of his staunchest supporters all season last year
MaNu4Tres (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5714) has been in the trenches a long time on Murray's behalf tbh...
I only saw you pop in lately. I don't see any of those guys asking for apologies tbh.
I don't think you will find that here :lol

Dex
10-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Throw enough shit at the wall, something is bound to stick.

Brazil
10-24-2017, 11:29 AM
OP is a fucking clown tbh... :lmao

Spur|n|Austin
10-24-2017, 11:30 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-09-2015/8jQ7eh.gif

RD2191
10-24-2017, 11:32 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-09-2015/8jQ7eh.gif

You cool man? Like how? :lol

duncan2k5
10-24-2017, 12:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

LMFAO!!!!

duncan2k5
10-24-2017, 12:38 PM
so did a lot of ppl tbh
sasaint (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12242) was one of his staunchest supporters all season last year
MaNu4Tres (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5714) has been in the trenches a long time on Murray's behalf tbh...
I only saw you pop in lately. I don't see any of those guys asking for apologies tbh.
I don't think you will find that here :lol

u havent been paying attention...ive been saying murray needs to start since like halfway through last season, if not earlier

duncan2k5
10-24-2017, 12:40 PM

callled it on Murray and Simmons...said Forbes was a scrub that couldn't handle it in real games, and Kyle was a horrible passer...so far all the shit has stuck

james evans
10-24-2017, 02:10 PM
even though he had a rough rookie season, I think a lot of us thought he was gonna be good. I know I was the main one that didn't want Chris Paul here. I'd be on other forums, facebook, and even this forum, talking about why do we need another aging injury prone pg in his 30s when we have a young pg that's gonna be our future?

picnroll
10-24-2017, 02:38 PM
ive been telling some ppl on here not to pay attention to the summer league...some players just play better on the big stage...Murray has shown us since last year he is an NBA player...he was stunted last year because he was taken out after every mistake, and sometimes not even knowing which games he was gonna play...i said he is currently our best starting pg, and many laughed and said he cant even bring the ball up the court based on summer league...now he has arguably been our most important player through 3 games, paying great defense, elite rebounding, and cuting back on the turnovers...he even his couple jumpers, and he definitely isn't bashful...more importantly he has shown leadership qualities in how he has been dealing with his teammates...i feel vindicated, and would like some of you to admit that so far you were wrong...because if i was wrong, id admit it

Good. We’re going to give you a cookie.

skulls138
10-24-2017, 02:41 PM
A - Its early, have to give teams a chance to react to his big start.

&

B - I think most people just talked about how he actually was, not predicting his future. Most said he had a high ceiling, dont have to be b-ball genius to see that.

MaNu4Tres
10-24-2017, 03:00 PM
even though he had a rough rookie season, I think a lot of us thought he was gonna be good. I know I was the main one that didn't want Chris Paul here. I'd be on other forums, facebook, and even this forum, talking about why do we need another aging injury prone pg in his 30s when we have a young pg that's gonna be our future?

Rough rookie season? I disagree. Fact is, he hardly got an opportunity last year. Is he more polished this season? Sure. Go look up his stats as a starter last year -- they are very comparable to Parker's when Parker was a rookie.

He had a fine rookie season when he got an opportunity ( when he started and received 19 + minutes).

BackHome
10-24-2017, 03:06 PM
To be honest most posters thought he was a keeper and would be good a few years from now. I do agree that he looked like shit this summer and most posters were down on him include myself in that group. But Props to those who had his back and didn’t look at summer league as a measuring stick of being successfull this year.

I keep remembering one poster takes on people saying we screwed up on Simmons saying it’s summer league and no one plays defense and not to look at this to much. Anyway as far as I am concerned this is our next starting PG and I am so happy cause this kids is going to be a stud - if he keeps working and doesn’t let it get to his head.

The good news now is that we don’t have to hear from those shit for brain posters who keep saying Kawhi is going to leave cause he doesn’t have enough talent around him. :blah

SpursforSix
10-24-2017, 03:16 PM

:pop: my draft strategy

DJR210
10-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Don't you have something to rebuild somewhere, OP?

rjv
10-24-2017, 03:40 PM
The good news now is that we don’t have to hear from those shit for brain posters who keep saying Kawhi is going to leave cause he doesn’t have enough talent around him. :blah oh, you'll still hear from them.

tonight...you
10-24-2017, 03:45 PM
The good news now is that we don’t have to hear from those shit for brain posters who keep saying Kawhi is going to leave cause he doesn’t have enough talent around him. :blah
You'll read a thousand more posts containing this thought before the season is up and a thousand more in the off-season, even if they win the 'chip.

offset formation
10-24-2017, 04:27 PM
The argument on Murray is far less valid than the one on Anderson. And on that, this board overwhelmingly has been negative towards him with few exceptions. SAGirl (though I even saw her waiver on him last year) and myself and a few others have been in his corner from day one. And now it appears as though he could have his breakout season.

tonight...you
10-24-2017, 04:52 PM
The argument on Murray is far less valid than the one on Anderson. And on that, this board overwhelmingly has been negative towards him with few exceptions. SAGirl (though I even saw her waiver on him last year) and myself and a few others have been in his corner from day one. And now it appears as though he could have his breakout season.
I have been on record for one and only one gripe on him and it's aggression on offense. He has game. He's been doing a good job rebounding and playing D.
But how do you think he's going to adjust to the game when Kawhi comes back?

It's not like he's doing much for the O side of the floor as it is and he should have more free reign to do his thing right now.
I'm not saying he can't do things, he's just refusing to do them as often as he should to show us, himself and the rest of the league his chops.
He just won't do it.

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 09:39 PM
That pick unilaterally saved PATFO's offseason and it's for the best they didn't trade Lamarcus since GAsol looks so washed up. But looking at Murray, the Spurs will be fine.

bklynspursfan
10-24-2017, 09:41 PM

^

SAGirl
10-24-2017, 09:42 PM
I have always supported Anderson but I tire of talking about him with ppl who are just dead set on trolling or hating and the OP is one BTW. I have always wanted him to shoot the 3 more. He's improved as a shooter and that will keep him on the court since he's already solid in other areas... so I have criticized his passiveness.

One aspect that went unmentioned in all the game threads was that he took (though he didn't make 2 threes in his playing time). They were good looks too and about hit the rim and went out, so those will start going down soon and when they do, he will look better offensively and truly bring some spacing. He has things to improve upon as do many young players, but the hate from some guys is deep and relentless and I tire of it. They got me worn down. But I am so glad he's had this playing time and has helped the team win games.
:flag:

Ice009
10-24-2017, 10:06 PM
My main issue with him was his shooting and ball handling. His ball handling looks improved, but we haven't seen much shooting from him at all. He could still be horrendous in that aspect.

Anyway, offense is not the only thing he's in the lineup for. If he can reach his defensive potential and keep picking his spots on offense and learn to run the team by being a real PG, I can overlook the shooting. Hopefully he is able to improve his shooting, though, as he won't get to the next level if he remains a piss poor jump shooter.

It's a real shame that he was out injured for those last 18 or so games to end last season, as I think that could have put him so much farther ahead if he was able to play in those games. He may have even made the playoff rotation to begin the playoffs if he was able to play in those games.

weeks
10-24-2017, 10:11 PM
your medal's in the mail bro

duncan2k5
10-24-2017, 11:02 PM
A - Its early, have to give teams a chance to react to his big start.

&

B - I think most people just talked about how he actually was, not predicting his future. Most said he had a high ceiling, dont have to be b-ball genius to see that.

but i wasnt talking just about his ceiling...i was saying he WOULD be great, and the best option to start at PG...

duncan2k5
10-24-2017, 11:05 PM
My main issue with him was his shooting and ball handling. His ball handling looks improved, but we haven't seen much shooting from him at all. He could still be horrendous in that aspect.

Anyway, offense is not the only thing he's in the lineup for. If he can reach his defensive potential and keep picking his spots on offense and learn to run the team by being a real PG, I can overlook the shooting. Hopefully he is able to improve his shooting, though, as he won't get to the next level if he remains a piss poor jump shooter.

It's a real shame that he was out injured for those last 18 or so games to end last season, as I think that could have put him so much farther ahead if he was able to play in those games. He may have even made the playoff rotation to begin the playoffs if he was able to play in those games.

tony took many years to be a decent jumpshooter...we won championships with him not being able to shoot

Play Boban
10-24-2017, 11:06 PM
Porker is about to bury Murray.

tmtcsc
10-24-2017, 11:08 PM
:pop: my draft strategy

:lol That's good.

resistanze
10-24-2017, 11:14 PM
Call your time of death tbh

DJR210
10-24-2017, 11:26 PM
:lol

jbspurs
10-25-2017, 02:28 AM
Porker is about to bury Murray.

I hope Parker will be like DWade when time comes...

Cry Havoc
10-25-2017, 02:34 AM
Thinking that stating summer league not mattering is a good call is a sign you've been watching basketball for a decade, tops. :lol It puts you exactly half a rung higher than people who freak out about summer league.

MaNu4Tres
10-25-2017, 07:09 AM
It was obvious Murray tried to do too much in Summer League or experimented. I'd compare Murrays summer league to a poker player experimenting and trying new strategy or trying to play every hand dealt -- even hands out of position. Even hands where hes opening with a wide range & calling 5x 3 bets. Oppose to playing his disciplined fundamental game ( which he showed last season in times he got the start -- Nuggets/ Cavs games).