View Full Version : Parker to G-League for Rehab Assignment

look_at_g_shred
10-25-2017, 10:44 AM

LaMarcus Bryant
10-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Thought only newish players could go there

RD2191
10-25-2017, 10:48 AM
:lol he needs to be our backup though. Mills is garbage.

Robz4000
10-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Guess he will be back by mid-November after all. Meanwhile for all we know Kawhi's gonna have to get his leg amputated.

Seventyniner
10-25-2017, 10:49 AM

I think only newish players can be assigned there against their will. This is a good chance to get Tony back up to speed playing competitive ball.

TheDoctor
10-25-2017, 10:50 AM
:lmao

Please HoTS come back ��

spursistan
10-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Remember the summer drooling over early season Point Kawhi ..Yeah, Parker gonna end up coming back on court before him :lmao..

spursistan
10-25-2017, 10:55 AM
Real talk: Parker is a renowned fast healer especially from serious-looking injuries.. It is maybe the most underrated thing about him ..He's always beaten injury layoff timetables by weeks-- and in this case it could be months, which would be remarkable at his age..

SAGirl
10-25-2017, 10:56 AM
It would be nice for Austin residents to see Tony on a very cheap ticket price. I would go if I lived close, but no, I don't.

Thanks for posting.

RD2191
10-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Real talk: Parker is a renowned fast healer especially from serious-looking injuries.. It is maybe the most underrated thing about him ..He's always beaten injury layoff timetables by weeks-- and in this case it could be months, which would be remarkable..

He's Getting Healthy.

Pavlov
10-25-2017, 11:00 AM
May be just a technicality. Would be the perfect time for the Toros to train in San Antonio.

Spur|n|Austin
10-25-2017, 11:00 AM
First game is next Friday, I wonder to what extent the rehab will entail? If it was just practice I would assume he could do that in SA.

BillMc
10-25-2017, 11:03 AM
It would be nice for Austin residents to see Tony on a very cheap ticket price. I would go if I lived close, but no, I don't.

Thanks for posting.

Good point. I wonder when his first G-league game is.

hater
10-25-2017, 11:04 AM
Just save him for the playoffs

Nobody else in
This team can lead the team to a playoff win

Dex
10-25-2017, 11:05 AM

Thanks for posting.

I live about 15 minutes from HEB Center and I'm definitely gonna try to pick up tix.

Play Boban
10-25-2017, 11:06 AM
This is where Tony's career is at. He's stuck in the G-League, which is where he belongs given his talent level. Hopefully, he can get his stats there, which will make him happy even if it means nothing. Maybe Austin can win the G-League this year with Tony manning the point.

Pavlov
10-25-2017, 11:07 AM
May be just a technicality. Would be the perfect time for the Toros to train in San Antonio.Yep.

http://austin.gleague.nba.com/news/austin-spurs-announce-2017-training-camp-roster-practice-schedule/

Would be crazy if he actually played a game with them.

raybies
10-25-2017, 11:11 AM
I really doubt he'll play a game. Probably just going to play in some 5 on 5 scrimmages. He was due to start those this week. He's already been doing 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 full contact so

SAGirl
10-25-2017, 11:12 AM
I really doubt he'll play a game. Probably just going to play in some 5 on 5 scrimmages. He was due to start those this week. He's already been doing 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 full contact so
oooooo good point.
I posted in the Austin Toros thread that it would be nice to pick up tickets to see him.
But now that you mention it, I remember last season Danny was sent to Austin to basically scrimmage with the guys there. He never played a game.
Ooops.

vander
10-25-2017, 11:23 AM
It's called the G-League now?

NASpurs
10-25-2017, 11:33 AM
We need Amused to create Austin Spurs game threads while Parker is there.

cd021
10-25-2017, 11:34 AM
It's called the G-League now?

Sponsorship deal with Gatorade.

Dex
10-25-2017, 11:34 AM
This is where Tony's career is at. He's stuck in the G-League, which is where he belongs given his talent level. Hopefully, he can get his stats there, which will make him happy even if it means nothing. Maybe Austin can win the G-League this year with Tony manning the point.

:lmao I'd be surprised if Tony is there more than a week or two.

Clipper Nation
10-25-2017, 11:38 AM
:lmao And to think Porker stans had the nerve to refer to Danny Green as a D-Leaguer.

Clipper Nation
10-25-2017, 11:39 AM
This is where Tony's career is at. He's stuck in the G-League, which is where he belongs given his talent level.
You're really underrating the talent level of the D-League, tbh.

dabom
10-25-2017, 11:50 AM
:lol

Poolboy5623
10-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Both Tony and Kawhi injuries have me concerned. When TP comes back I’m worried he’ll get most of Murray’s minutes. Likewise when KL comes back pop will take minutes away from Gay, instead of Anderson? Are these legit concerns?

TheDoctor
10-25-2017, 12:07 PM
:lmao And to think Porker stans had the nerve to refer to Danny Green as a D-Leaguer.
HoTS showing he got over himself tbh. Long live The Penetrator.

DAF86
10-25-2017, 12:28 PM
Real talk: Parker is a renowned fast healer especially from serious-looking injuries.. It is maybe the most underrated thing about him ..He's always beaten injury layoff timetables by weeks-- and in this case it could be months, which would be remarkable at his age..

Problem is he returns looking like shit after injuries, and it takes him forever to get back on level.

bklynspursfan
10-25-2017, 12:31 PM
First game is next Friday, I wonder to what extent the rehab will entail? If it was just practice I would assume he could do that in SA.

I think I saw it's just the training camp he's participating in

NASpurs
10-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Real talk: with Parker coming back and with the way Dejounte's been playing, hopefully this lights a fire under Patty's ass because something has gotta give when you have 3 point guards. I'm sure we all don't foresee any DNPs for Dejounte this season unlike last year.

Robz4000
10-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Real talk: with Parker coming back and with the way Dejounte's been playing, hopefully this lights a fire under Patty's ass because something has gotta give when you have 3 point guards. I'm sure we all don't foresee any DNPs for Dejounte this season unlike last year.

Speak for yourself. I don't doubt for a second Pop will bench Murray for those two.

raybies
10-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Was actually thinking of a way they can fit him in.

Murray/Green/Leonard/Anderson/LMA
Tony/Patty/Ginobili/Gay/Gasol

Joff loses his spot but he's a first year player. Anderson has shown worthy of minutes and your still bringing Gay along slowly. Not to mention you only have 3 legit bigs so you don't have to put all your eggs in one basket so to speak. Would prefer Joffrey to take Pau's spot in the rotation but who we kidding. It's either Joffrey or Kyle who gets the ax tho, so would y'all rather see? Kyle or Joffrey?

NASpurs
10-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Speak for yourself. I don't doubt for a second Pop will bench Murray for those two.

I'm readying the pitchforks as we speak. Such a shitty injustice just because of seniority. It's not the fucking military.

raybies
10-25-2017, 12:47 PM
If Murray continues to play like this, no way he gets moved to the bench. Book it.

NASpurs
10-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Was actually thinking of a way they can fit him in.

Murray/Green/Leonard/Anderson/LMA
Tony/Patty/Ginobili/Gay/Gasol

Joff loses his spot but he's a first year player. Anderson has shown worthy of minutes and your still bringing Gay along slowly. Not to mention you only have 3 legit bigs so you don't have to put all your eggs in one basket so to speak.

Anyone else throw up a little in their mouth after seeing that bench unit? No offense but it's horrible especially on the defensive side of the court. Let's hope they all don't play together one minute this season.

james evans
10-25-2017, 12:51 PM
he's 35 going on 36.

bklynspursfan
10-25-2017, 12:52 PM
Anyone else throw up a little in their mouth after seeing that bench unit? No offense but it's horrible especially on the defensive side of the court. Let's hope they all don't play together one minute this season.

Feel like our 2nd unit has typically been poor defensively (compared to the starters at least) over the last few years. They were usually the group that came in and turned up the tempo offensively. Which was a nice change of pace to the slower pace the starters played

james evans
10-25-2017, 12:52 PM
If Murray continues to play like this, no way he gets moved to the bench. Book it.
hahaha. ok. Do you know what coach we're dealing with here? Murray could be averaging 35 a game, he's going to that bench when parker gets back. Remember Van Gundy in the 2009 finals? If he brings Nelson off the bench, the Magic win that year.

hater
10-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Problem is he returns looking like shit after injuries, and it takes him forever to get back on level.

As opposed to Manure who usually doesnt come back till after the season

hooperflash
10-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Kendrick Perkins was assigned to the G-League recently as well.

Spur|n|Austin
10-25-2017, 12:55 PM

Unfortunately you're probably incorrect, and that's a shame..

raybies
10-25-2017, 01:02 PM
hahaha. ok. Do you know what coach we're dealing with here? Murray could be averaging 35 a game, he's going to that bench when parker gets back. Remember Van Gundy in the 2009 finals? If he brings Nelson off the bench, the Magic win that year.
I think after Pop let Murray close the game it's a clear indication. No one thought Patty would be riding pine so soon yet that just happened 3 games into the season. I think Pop is wise enough to realize what he has with Murray, potential future of the guard of the franchise, and he's gonna nurture and cater to that. Sure he'll look for a reason to pull him to get Parker or Mills in but like I said, him playing like this, he's not losing his spot.

raybies
10-25-2017, 01:03 PM
Yeah I don't like it either but against other bench units it should be fine.

SpursforSix
10-25-2017, 01:11 PM
what if TP gets dominated in G league?

RD2191
10-25-2017, 01:13 PM
what if TP gets dominated in G league?

Then he'll go the H League?

SpursforSix
10-25-2017, 01:15 PM
Then he'll go the H League?

:pop: not on my watch

NASpurs
10-25-2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah I don't like it either but against other bench units it should be fine.

Yeah it makes sense the more I think about it and it's a good compromise concerning Murray. The bench will break even most nights against other bench units. I also have no problems with Fathead starting in your scenario. Plus it'll keep two of the team's worst defenders (Parker and Gasol) on the bench. Sounds good.

raybies
10-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Yeah it makes sense the more I think about it and it's a good compromise concerning Murray. The bench will break even most nights against other bench units. I also have no problems with Fathead starting in your scenario. Plus it'll keep two of the team's worst defenders (Parker and Gasol) on the bench. Sounds good.
Another good thing about Anderson starting with Murray, is he can share PG duties like he has been. But that lineup to start is full of playmakers on the defensive end. Should be stout. And with Leonard back, offense should theoretically not be a problem.

as for the bench, they can play BG ball. At least Pau won't be in to stink up the first unit and we can get off to big leads.

duncan2k5
10-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Another good thing about Anderson starting with Murray, is he can share PG duties like he has been. But that lineup to start is full of playmakers on the defensive end. Should be stout. And with Leonard back, offense should theoretically not be a problem.

as for the bench, they can play BG ball. At least Pau won't be in to stink up the first unit and we can get off to big leads.

KYLE CAN'T PLAY POINT GUARD! DUDE WAS OUR WORST PASSER LAST YEAR.. EVEN SIMMONS WAS A BETTER PASSER!!! STOP THE MYTH!

Chinook
10-25-2017, 02:38 PM
Kyle's been playing a ton of PG this year. Probably about a third of the possessions he's out there.

raybies
10-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Kyle's been playing a ton of PG this year. Probably about a third of the possessions he's out there.
I don't even waste my time responding even though if you've been watching it's so blatantly obvious. But thank you.

TheGreatYacht
10-25-2017, 03:01 PM
3 assists in 90 minutes. Sad!

Chinook
10-25-2017, 03:02 PM

Shit could have been a Trump tweet.

TheGreatYacht
10-25-2017, 03:05 PM

As others have said, Spurs did the same thing when Green when he was recovering from an injury. Spurs are on a road trip and he was supposed to be ready for 5 on 5 scrimmages this week.

raybies
10-25-2017, 03:26 PM
Just to clarify when I say he can share PG duties, he can bring the ball up when Murray is pressured or when Murray makes a mistake. I know it's easy to correlate assists to being a point guard, but just playing ball speaking he can allow The others to get into sets without disrupting too much. That is a luxury. Takes pressure off Murray.

dabom
10-25-2017, 03:27 PM

"Great Passer"

3 assist. :lmao

dabom
10-25-2017, 03:28 PM
Fathead is one of the worst offensive players on the team. :lol

dabom
10-25-2017, 03:28 PM
Fathead sinks the offense like an anchor. :lol

dabom
10-25-2017, 03:30 PM
The last person I want touching the ball, is fathead. :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-25-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm excited to see Parker back in the fold. I hope Pop continues to give Murray minutes, but Parker is a much better facilitator than a lot of people give him credit for. His court leadership will be important against the better teams in the league.

dabom
10-25-2017, 03:37 PM
I'm excited to see Parker back in the fold. I hope Pop continues to give Murray minutes, but Parker is a much better facilitator than most people realize. His court leadership will be important against the better teams in the league.

:lmao

Play Boban
10-25-2017, 07:08 PM
You're really underrating the talent level of the D-League, tbh.
You're probably right tbh. Post injury Porker will be lucky to shoot 40% from the field there tbh...

gambit1990
10-25-2017, 11:36 PM
stay there.

DMC
10-25-2017, 11:39 PM
:wakeup

illusioNtEk
10-25-2017, 11:40 PM
poker going to get a 80 million dollar contract and we are screwed

Play Boban
10-25-2017, 11:42 PM
Yeah, 0 point, 0/6 nights are just what Pop wants out of his starting point guard. :wakeup