PDA

View Full Version : Emails Confirm That President Obama's DOJ Funneled 'Slush Fund' Money To Leftist Orgs

Chris
10-25-2017, 02:02 PM
A $1 billion settlement with the "big banks" appeared to go directly to left-leaning activist organizations.

http://i68.tinypic.com/14l12d5.jpg

On Tuesday, House Financial Services Committee Chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) revealed that documents obtained in a separate, ongoing investigation show that former President Barack Obama's administration directed money intended for victims of Wall Street mortgage meddling to progressive activist organizations who now form much of the "resistance" to President Donald Trump.

Members of the House Judiciary Committee mentioned several weeks ago that they suspected Obama's Department of Justice had iced out conservative organizations looking for their share of the more than $1 billion legal settlement the DOJ collected from "big banks" who'd played a part in the housing crisis of the late 2000s. The DOJ required banks included in the settlement agreement to make "mandatory donations" to non-profits working on housing and property rights policies.

Yesterday, the same committee said that emails from Associate Attorney General Tony West (obtained by The Daily Wire and linked here), show West and other DOJ officials had been asking colleagues how to allocate the "slush fund" money to organizations "of our choosing," and requesting advice on how to avoid directing settlement funds to organizations who leaned conservative.

In one email, a senior official even appears to admit that they worded a memo with a mind to “not allowing Citi to pick a statewide intermediary like the Pacific Legal Foundation" because PLF “does conservative property-rights free legal services.”

The internal discussion, Goodlatte argued on the Senate floor Tuesday afternoon, created an atmosphere of collusion, which ensured that only progressive activist organizations like The National Council of La Raza, the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, and the National Urban League, received funds, while conservative organizations who also advocated for improved property rights policies were left out in the cold.

The National Council of La Raza, the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, and the National Urban League, of course, all went on to be key organizations in the anti-Trump "resistance," though DOJ officials could not have known that at the time — largely because they all likely assumed Hillary Clinton would be President Obama's immediate successor.

This discovery contradicts sworn testimony from the DOJ's Deputy Attorney General Geoffrey Graber, who told the Judiciary Committee in February that "the Department did not want to be in the business of picking and choosing which organization may or may not receive any funding under the agreement."

www.dailywire.com/news/22729/emails-appear-confirm-president-obamas-doj-emily-zanott

Pavlov
10-25-2017, 02:06 PM
appeared

Wow.

TSA
10-25-2017, 02:10 PM
appeared

Wow.

How much did conservative organizations receive from the settlement?

Pavlov
10-25-2017, 02:11 PM
How much did conservative organizations receive from the settlement?You tell me. It's your new conspiracy.

TSA
10-25-2017, 02:51 PM
You tell me. It's your new conspiracy.

You shrugged off the article as if it was no big deal so I assumed you knew how the settlement was split up between progressive activist organizations and conservative organizations. Did you not know how it was split up?

Pavlov
10-25-2017, 02:56 PM
You shrugged off the article as if it was no big deal so I assumed you knew how the settlement was split up between progressive activist organizations and conservative organizations. Did you not know how it was split up?I saw the word "appeared" -- not chosen by accident.

Since the author appeared to be afraid of using actual numbers, I'm going to assume this was just another opportunity for him and Republicans to use the word "collusion" about something other than Trump.

TSA
10-25-2017, 03:14 PM
I saw the word "appeared" -- not chosen by accident.

Since the author appeared to be afraid of using actual numbers, I'm going to assume this was just another opportunity for him and Republicans to use the word "collusion" about something other than Trump.

So you didn't know how it was split up, nice. No need to worry though Sessions ended the practice in June

Pavlov
10-25-2017, 03:17 PM
So you didn't know how it was split up, nice.Neither do you. Neither does the Daily Wire, it appears.
No need to worry though Sessions ended the practice in JuneWhere did you read that?

Chucho
10-25-2017, 03:36 PM
appeared

Wow.

Kinda like the whole Russian collusion thing.

TSA
10-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Neither do you. Neither does the Daily Wire, it appears.Where did you read that?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/07/doj-ends-holder-era-slush-fund-payouts-to-outside-groups.html

TSA
10-25-2017, 03:37 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-prohibits-settlement-agreements-that-donate-money-to-outside-groups/2017/06/06/c0b2e700-4b02-11e7-bc1b-fddbd8359dee_story.html?utm_term=.34ceb03423ba

TSA
10-25-2017, 03:39 PM
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeff-sessions-kills-doj-settlement-practice-that-funded-community-organizations_us_59371177e4b0aba888b989e4

Pavlov
10-25-2017, 03:42 PM
lol overcompensating

Pavlov
10-25-2017, 03:45 PM
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeff-sessions-kills-doj-settlement-practice-that-funded-community-organizations_us_59371177e4b0aba888b989e4
Conservative groups portrayed the Obama administration as a shadowy slush fund for leftist organizations, hyping connections of the groups that received funding to ACORN, the Republican bogieman that was defunded after false accusations of wrongdoing.

In reality, the Department of Justice was using its settlements to help fund advocacy groups that fought for the people and communities hurt by the wrongdoing the DOJ was attempting to correct. Often, that meant funding groups that work to help the poor and minorities fight against foreclosure and help facilitate reinvestment in the communities devastated by bank fraud.

Thanks for the link!

TSA
10-25-2017, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the link!

I'll ask you again...how was the money split between the two groups?

Pavlov
10-25-2017, 04:05 PM
I'll ask you again...how was the money split between the two groups?Which conservative housing assistance groups are you talking about here?

Give me a list and maybe I can help you.

angrydude
10-25-2017, 08:39 PM
I love how this message board turns into a courtroom with a burden of production whenever someone knows they are on the losing side.

monosylab1k
10-25-2017, 08:56 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gwsIbB0stzg/VMIqSNLRStI/AAAAAAAAA3A/tjdsXPN3S-g/s1600/BGB%2BMike%2BTyson%2BBerbick%2BStumble%2BKO%2BGIF. gif

unleashbaynes
10-25-2017, 09:43 PM
:cry Obama :cry