PDA

View Full Version : Gasol tbh...

duncan2k5
10-25-2017, 07:40 PM
It is impossible for Davis to be worse than Gasol right now... Pop needs to stick by his word and play who deserves it... Gasoft now has no reason to try since he knows he will always play

Poolboy5623
10-25-2017, 08:07 PM
It’s painful watching him attempt to play.

TheRemix
10-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Theres no place for slow footed, unathletic white guys in :lol todays nba

Brazil
10-25-2017, 08:43 PM
OP tbh... stop creating thread, it's always painful to watch

tholdren
10-25-2017, 08:57 PM

Although op is terrible, hes right

TheGreatYacht
10-25-2017, 09:27 PM
Get well soon King Joff

marinoman
10-25-2017, 09:32 PM
Gasol and mills are deadweight.... expensive deadweight

BackHome
10-25-2017, 09:49 PM
Not saying much but he played better this game then last one.

daslicer
10-25-2017, 09:50 PM
Hoping as the season progresses he will get better. Hopefully he's just pacing himself for the playoffs.

cjw
10-25-2017, 10:33 PM
Davis is apparently hurt.

And even if healthy, this is not 2K Davis. He's got HUGE flaws. Pau has been awful this year, but at least brings rebounding to the table. And should bring passing too though turnovers have been ugly.

duncan2k5
10-26-2017, 05:44 AM
Davis is apparently hurt.

And even if healthy, this is not 2K Davis. He's got HUGE flaws. Pau has been awful this year, but at least brings rebounding to the table. And should bring passing too though turnovers have been ugly.

Gasol brings rebounding? Lol... And there comes a point where ppl are just done... Gasol may have been a good passer, but now he has lost it... This is no time for inconsistency... Draymond is ALWAYS a good passer.... Every single dub player ALWAYS bring it... Even iggy... We can't afford the "maybes" of our old players... The warriors players got good because they were allowed to play and develop

SAGirl
10-26-2017, 06:04 AM
Gasol is looking done. Sad to see, bc the Spurs paid him off for a couple more years and I think he will play out the entirety of it in the team. Enjoy!

Davis might still be injured though the news were that the finger wrap he had was taken out. However Pop is so silent and noncommittal about injured guys that one cannot be sure. To me it looks like he’s out of the rotation.

bklynspursfan
10-26-2017, 06:26 AM
Gasol didn't look terrible last night, aside from his cement feet on defense which people should kinda expect by now.

We really need his 3 point shooting to pick up tho.itd help big time... But still time for that to come around considering that was, ya know, game 4/82

Brazil
10-26-2017, 06:28 AM
Although op is terrible, hes right

was not worth a thread a 2 lines comment in game thread was largely enough... if you create a thread bring something interesting to argue about and not some wild useless brain fart

SAGirl
10-26-2017, 06:30 AM
Gasol didn't look terrible last night, aside from his cement feet on defense which people should kinda expect by now.

We really need his 3 point shooting to pick up tho.itd help big time... But still time for that to come around considering that was, ya know, game 4/82
Agreed on the shooting. I didn’t see him pass up shots this game. The plan was to get inside due to the lack of Whiteside so it was a different game plan but he’s passed up shots all the previous games to then have a TO. I said in the game thread if he’s at least shooting and stops the traveling violations and TO the rest one can ignore.

bklynspursfan
10-26-2017, 06:47 AM
Agreed on the shooting. I didn’t see him pass up shots this game. The plan was to get inside due to the lack of Whiteside so it was a different game plan but he’s passed up shots all the previous games to then have a TO. I said in the game thread if he’s at least shooting and stops the traveling violations and TO the rest one can ignore.

For sure. It'll be frustrating to see, but if he's contributing enough offensively, it definitely helps for the things he's not doing on the other end.

Fireball
10-26-2017, 08:20 AM
He rebounded well last game ... but without hitting his threes like last (regular) season he really needs to gtfo

Chinook
10-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Pau's leading the team in defensive rating and the WHOLE LEAGUE in DBPM. Remember when that was the end ball, be all?

Nathan89
10-26-2017, 09:12 AM
Davis is unplayable because of his defense. Time for spurs fans to give up on him. On a scale of drill cone to kawhi you'd have to zoom in to see any difference from drill cone.

mookie2001
10-26-2017, 09:15 AM
What pisses me off about Pau is he's the most overrated passer in the history of the NBA, he needs to honestly evaluate his passing skills and adjust his game accordingly, he's careless with the basketball and his low velocity passes just kill us over and over again. At least when Lamarcus gets the ball poked away in the post he usually has good position and he's legitimately trying to score, Pau just makes our entire team look lazy and foolish.

However ill give Pau some time to warm up offensively and wait for Kawhi to come back before we nail his coffin shut.

duncan2k5
10-26-2017, 09:25 AM
Davis is unplayable because of his defense. Time for spurs fans to give up on him. On a scale of drill cone to kawhi you'd have to zoom in to see any difference from drill cone.

Davis plays better defense than Gasol tho!!!

duncan2k5
10-26-2017, 09:27 AM
Funny how some ppl are rating Davis based on him looking worse than his rookie season when he was playing summer league... Sounds very familiar.....

Fireball
10-26-2017, 09:28 AM
Davis showed some skills on help defense (he had some nice blocks last year), but otherwise his defense is not surpassing the length that Pau is just able to bring under the basket

duncan2k5
10-26-2017, 09:41 AM
Davis showed some skills on help defense (he had some nice blocks last year), but otherwise his defense is not surpassing the length that Pau is just able to bring under the basket

Gasol does nothing with his length... If he does manage to make them miss, they punk him for the offensive rebound... And don't talk about Gasol in a pick and roll... Good lord! Look at a meaningful game... Playoffs vs the Grizzlies... Davis was only scored on once by Zach... And Zach was REALLY trying to score on Davis, to the point where he was getting frustrated... On the other hand, he was EATING Gasol alive... Both in post ups and on the boards

Ice009
10-26-2017, 11:57 AM

Gasol can only shoot threes if he's wide open IMO. I don't think he can hit them with any accuracy if he doesn't have time to setup. All a defender has to do it close out hard on him and his 3 ball is nullified. That's why he didn't hit many in the playoffs IMO. He wasn't getting those same wide open looks like he was getting in the regular season.

bklynspursfan
10-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Gasol can only shoot threes if he's wide open IMO. I don't think he can hit them with any accuracy if he doesn't have time to setup. All a defender has to do it close out hard on him and his 3 ball is nullified. That's why he did hit many in the playoffs IMO. He wasn't getting those same wide open looks like he was getting in the regular season.

Yea definitely has a slower release/motion. He's had some wide open 3's from straight away and just hasn't been knocking them down. It's still super early so no reason to panic yet, but that's something that must improve for sure as the season goes a long.

Chomag
10-26-2017, 01:27 PM
My biggest problem with him is he can look so freaking lazy for most of the game. Be it his passing, defence,boxing out, rebounding , shooting , and pretty much him just moving around the court ...so pretty much everything lol. He's old I get that but I would sure love to see a bit more effort from him at least.

Leetonidas
10-26-2017, 01:32 PM

rastaspur
10-26-2017, 01:52 PM
Great thread. It really moved the needle on the pau debate.

superbigtime
10-26-2017, 02:48 PM
I have been persuaded that he isn't very good or fast thanks to this thread.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-27-2017, 05:59 AM
Gasol can only shoot threes if he's wide open IMO. I don't think he can hit them with any accuracy if he doesn't have time to setup. All a defender has to do it close out hard on him and his 3 ball is nullified. That's why he didn't hit many in the playoffs IMO. He wasn't getting those same wide open looks like he was getting in the regular season.

That's still something important though - if his 3 point shot is respected enough for a defender to close out hard on him then this opens up the floor for others, especially if the defender he's dragging out is a rim protecting big. Besides, despite what he's shown in the last few games, his passing from the top of the arc is very good and could give some cutters easy buckets ( if the Spurs had any :( ), or LMA easy points at the rim.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Pau quietly playing great lately after a bad start, even his defense is not atrocious. Most 5 man lineups with him have a positive net rating, especially with him and Aldridge together, while lineups with Aldridge as the lone big have struggled. Obviously sample size is small but props to Pau. Hope he can keep it up.

duncan2k5
11-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Pau quietly playing great lately after a bad start, even his defense is not atrocious. Most 5 man lineups with him have a positive net rating, especially with him and Aldridge together, while lineups with Aldridge as the lone big have struggled. Obviously sample size is small but props to Pau. Hope he can keep it up.

We aren't playing to beat the clippers though... Rate our vets vs teams that matter