PDA

View Full Version : NDA lifted for FBI informant----Uranium One

Pages : [1] 2

TSA
10-25-2017, 11:44 PM
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/357230-fbi-informant-in-obama-era-russian-nuclear-bribery-cleared-to-testify-before

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNBd5gYX0AADUog.jpg

spurraider21
10-26-2017, 12:14 AM
boom

goodbye

spurraider21
10-26-2017, 12:16 AM
BOOM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263215

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 12:24 AM
So we'll never know who this person is.

Neat.

TSA
10-26-2017, 12:59 AM

Neat.

You already know who he worked for, why do you yearn for a name?

Chucho
10-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Can't wait to see how the diehards downplay this...

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 02:25 AM
You already know who he worked for, why do you yearn for a name?Why would I not want to know who he is?

:lol yearn. What a drama queen you've become with every new conspiracy theory.

Chucho
10-26-2017, 02:35 AM
Why would I not want to know who he is?

Are you saying the Dems giving Putin a sweetheart dea on US uraniuml is a crackpot conspiracy theory?

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 02:44 AM
Are you saying the Dems giving Putin a sweetheart dea on US uraniuml is a crackpot conspiracy theory?I haven't seen anything to indicate they got a below market deal -- and just judging from the price of uranium since the deal, the dude who really made out was the guy who sold to Uranium One in the first place.

You can answer this for me -- has any Republican said the deal should be revoked and the US should take back "control" of that uranium?

TSA
10-26-2017, 11:03 AM

Already happening...look at the lack of replies.

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 11:11 AM
Already happening...look at the lack of replies.You can answer this for me -- has any Republican said the deal should be revoked and the US should take back "control" of that uranium?

Spurminator
10-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Already happening...look at the lack of replies.

I think you guys overestimate how much interest, relevance and awareness exists for these kinds of stories outside of the Cernovich/Reddit/InfoWars bubble.

Chucho
10-26-2017, 11:37 AM
I think you guys overestimate how much interest, relevance and awareness exists for these kinds of stories outside of the Cernovich/Reddit/InfoWars bubble.

So Russia, who's the "bad guy" in the Left's narrative of election collusion, isn't an issue when it comes to the Obama Administration allowing a sweetheart deal in controlling a large sum of substance used for making nukes that links back to Clinton/Russia "friendliness" that, at the very least, is as plausible in collusion, as Trump/Russia collusion is, along with the Russian Dossier funding coming to light?

It's not plausible to think there's collusion going on with both Parties?

TSA
10-26-2017, 11:38 AM
You can answer this for me -- has any Republican said the deal should be revoked and the US should take back "control" of that uranium?

Not that I'm aware of. This isn't about the control of the Uranium, it's about the FBI keeping top law enforcement and lawmakers in the dark leading about the crimes committed leading up the deal.

Pavlov
So Russia, who's the "bad guy" in the Left's narrative of election collusion, isn't an issue when it comes to the Obama Administration allowing a sweetheart deal in controlling a large sum of substance used for making nukes that links back to Clinton/Russia "friendliness" that, at the very least, is as plausible in collusion, as Trump/Russia collusion is, along with the Russian Dossier funding coming to light?

It's not plausible to think there's collusion going on with both Parties?I haven't seen anything to indicate they got a below market deal -- and just judging from the price of uranium since the deal, the dude who really made out was the guy who sold to Uranium One in the first place.

TSA

Strange then that is being reported by CNN, WaPo, NYT, The Hill etc etc etc

Chucho
10-26-2017, 11:39 AM
I haven't seen anything to indicate they got a below market deal -- and just judging from the price of uranium since the deal, the dude who really made out was the guy who sold to Uranium One in the first place.

So, collusion is good now?

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Not that I'm aware of. This isn't about the control of the Uranium, it's about the FBI keeping top law enforcement and lawmakers in the dark leading about the crimes committed leading up the deal.The narrative is the deal wouldn't have gone through because muh uranium security. Doesn't look like anyone is actually concerned about muh uranium security after all.

Go figure.

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 11:41 AM
So, collusion is good now?None proved.

Your refusal to answer my question tells me all I need to know.

boutons_deux
10-26-2017, 11:42 AM
Hillary Clinton Gave 20 Percent of United States' Uranium to Russia in Exchange for Clinton Foundation Donations?

The Uranium One deal was not Clinton’s to veto or approve

Clinton was one of nine (https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/international/foreign-investment/Pages/cfius-members.aspx) cabinet members and department heads that sit on the CFIUS, and the secretary of the treasury is its chairperson. CFIUS members are collectively charged with evaluating the transaction for potential national security issues, then turning their findings over to the president. By law (https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/international/foreign-investment/Documents/CFIUSGuidance.pdf), the committee can’t veto a transaction; only the president can.
Despite transfer of ownership, the uranium remained in the U.S.A key fact ignored in criticisms of Clinton’s supposed involvement in the deal is that the

uranium was not — nor could it be — exported,

and remained under the control of U.S.-based subsidiaries of Uranium One, according to a statement (https://web.archive.org/web/20170129043258/https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/news/2010/10-211.pdf)by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission:

The timing of most of the donations does not match

Of the $145 million allegedly contributed to the Clinton Foundation by Uranium One investors, the lion’s share — $131.3 million — came from a single donor, Frank Giustra, the company’s founder. But Giustra sold off (http://blog.ceo.ca/2015/04/23/statement-of-frank-giustra/) his entire stake in the company in 2007, three years before the Russia deal and at least 18 months before Clinton became secretary of state.

Of the remaining individuals connected with Uranium One who donated to the Clinton Foundation, only one was found to have contributed during the same time frame that the deal was taking place, according (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html) to The New York Times — Ian Telfer, the company’s chairman

Foundation admits disclosure mistakes

One fault investigations into the Clinton Foundation’s practices did find was that not all of the donations were properly disclosed

========

evidence that Vadim Mikerin, a Russian official who oversaw the American operations of the Russian nuclear agency Rosatom, was being investigated for corruption by multiple U.S. agencies

while the Uranium One deal was up for approval —

information that apparently was not shared with U.S. officials involved in approving the transaction

In any case, none of these revelations prove that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton participated in a quid pro quo agreement to accept payment for approval of the Uranium One deal.

https://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

Chucho
10-26-2017, 11:42 AM
None proved.

Your refusal to answer my question tells me all I need to know.
Neither with Trump, but you're still against that collusion. So, collusion is good then?

Chucho
10-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Hillary Clinton Gave 20 Percent of United States' Uranium to Russia in Exchange for Clinton Foundation Donations?

https://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

LOL :lmao Snopes.

TSA
10-26-2017, 11:44 AM
One good thing coming out of all of this for liberals is that they don't have to worry about Hillary Clinton running again.

TSA
10-26-2017, 11:46 AM

:lol The pain the Snopes author must have felt having to add this:

Update

On 17 October 2017, The Hill reported obtaining evidence that Vadim Mikerin, a Russian official who oversaw the American operations of the Russian nuclear agency Rosatom, was being investigated for corruption by multiple U.S. agencies while the Uranium One deal was up for approval — information that apparently was not shared with U.S. officials involved in approving the transaction. The Hill also reported receiving documents and eyewitness testimony “indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow,” although no specifics about who those Russian nuclear officials were or how the money was allegedly routed to the Clinton Foundation were given. In any case, none of these revelations prove that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton participated in a quid pro quo agreement to accept payment for approval of the Uranium One deal.

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Neither with Trump, but you're still against that collusion. So, collusion is good then?I'm fine with all of its being investigated. You aren't. You can't even answer questions about any of them.

Blake
10-26-2017, 12:10 PM

They're just protecting our 1st amendment rights with the 2nd amendment, amirite dmc

boutons_deux
10-26-2017, 12:12 PM

Update

On 17 October 2017, The Hill reported obtaining evidence that Vadim Mikerin, a Russian official who oversaw the American operations of the Russian nuclear agency Rosatom, was being investigated for corruption by multiple U.S. agencies while the Uranium One deal was up for approval — information that apparently was not shared with U.S. officials involved in approving the transaction. The Hill also reported receiving documents and eyewitness testimony “indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow,” although no specifics about who those Russian nuclear officials were or how the money was allegedly routed to the Clinton Foundation were given. In any case, none of these revelations prove that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton participated in a quid pro quo agreement to accept payment for approval of the Uranium One deal.

pain? from what?

what Snopes facts can you refute?

SpursforSix
10-26-2017, 12:15 PM

No shit. Snopes went from verifying urban legends to being the expert on world events/politics.

spurraider21
10-26-2017, 12:21 PM

Update

Why painful? They seem to be doing the right thing and updating findings with new information. Somehow that's to be mocked or frowned upon?

Chucho
10-26-2017, 12:28 PM
I'm fine with all of its being investigated. You aren't. You can't even answer questions about any of them.

:lol Not going back and forth with you = insinuation of partisans bias.

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 12:29 PM
:lol Not going back and forth with you = insinuation of partisans bias.Just pointing out your hypocrisy. Not answering questions good now -- to you.

Chucho
10-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Just pointing out your hypocrisy. Not answering questions good now -- to you.

Not so much as collusion is for you.

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Not so much as collusion is for you.Explain the collusion here -- oh, that's right. You won't.

:lol

Chucho
10-26-2017, 12:36 PM
Explain the collusion here -- oh, that's right. You won't.

I'm not doing your homework for you. You seem smart enough to know about what you're denying.

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm not doing your homework for you. You seem smart enough to know about what you're denying.You're not going to explain it because you can't.

I understand why you don't even want to try.

Spurminator
10-26-2017, 12:46 PM

It's not plausible to think there's collusion going on with both Parties?

Certainly plausible, in fact probable, that collusion and bribery happen with both parties. Just my observation that the alt-right web seems indignant that this story isn't somehow making the Trump/Russia story disappear. It's another example of what I said before... any story with "Clinton" or "Obama" and "Russia" in the headline gets pulled up front by the fringe right as if it has anything to do with (or replaces) the current Russia narrative. The allegations of Trump/Russia collusion are about (likely) our susceptibility to foreign influence on our news and elections and (unlikely long shot) the legitimacy of an election. The stakes are higher with that story.

Investigate away. I have no preconceived opinion about the legitimacy of this story or potential wrongdoing. Just don't get your stories mixed up.

Spurminator
10-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Strange then that is being reported by CNN, WaPo, NYT, The Hill etc etc etc

I never said it wasn't a story. Just not one that probably merits more than a :cry lack of replies :cry

Spurminator
10-26-2017, 12:49 PM
Why painful? They seem to be doing the right thing and updating findings with new information. Somehow that's to be mocked or frowned upon?

The new standard is retract nothing, double down, maintain your fringe paranoid audience for them sweet sweet clicks.

TSA
10-26-2017, 12:51 PM

They haven't changed the OP to unproven and it still reads false. Adding a footnote is a step in the right direction.

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 12:52 PM
They haven't changed the OP to unproven and it still reads false. Adding a footnote is a step in the right direction.It's still false. Feel free to prove it.

boutons_deux
10-26-2017, 12:55 PM
"it still reads false."

:lol what a partisan piece of shit you are.

TSA
10-26-2017, 12:58 PM
It's still false. Feel free to prove it.

The informant :cry what's his name :cry hasn't even testified how can you claim it's false?

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 12:58 PM
:lol No one actually gives a shit about muh uranium security.

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 01:00 PM
The informant :cry what's his name :cry hasn't even testified how can you claim it's false?Because there is zero evidence this deal would have been scuttled had some other element of unproven crimes been revealed. That's all anonymous is going to talk about.

Not one person is now saying the US needs to take muh uranium back from Russian "control" -- why is that, TSA?

TSA
10-26-2017, 01:11 PM
Because there is zero evidence this deal would have been scuttled had some other element of unproven crimes been revealed. That's all anonymous is going to talk about.

Not one person is now saying the US needs to take muh uranium back from Russian "control" -- why is that, TSA?

You think that deal would have gone through if the FBI hadn't hidden the crimes that were uncovered? LOL

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 01:15 PM
You think that deal would have gone through if the FBI hadn't hidden the crimes that were uncovered? LOLSince it was a money laundering/kickback scheme done through trucking companies, I'm not sure how that affects muh uranium once you take the guy out.

Your contention is there were more actual crimes. If they were a security risk to muh uranium then why are they not a security risk to muh uranium now?

TSA
10-26-2017, 01:25 PM
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_2622-344390.JPG

Pavlov
10-26-2017, 01:27 PM
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_2622-344390.JPG:lmao ar15.com

Looks like the FBI is totally covering everything up -- just like they did in Vegas, right?

boutons_deux
10-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Jeffrey Toobin: ‘This Whole Uranium One Thing Comes From Fox News’

CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin came out swinging at Fox News as the foremost and original propagator of the re-heated scandal saying,

“Remember,

this whole ‘Uranium’ thing comes from Fox News.

I mean,

this is a closed investigation

that came up in Peter Schweizer’s book “Clinton Cash” in 2015, and

it was discredited then…”

Camerota then clarified by interjecting “It’s from 2010, by the way. That’s when things first started happening.”

Toobin then went deep, saying:

The book came out in 2015.

Exactly, The book came out in 2015.

It was one of the accusations—it has been discredited.

Two years later, Fox News and Republicans in Congress and Republicans in the White House start raising it simply as a way to wave Russia back at the Democrats.

There’s nothing new, no new information here.

You have the president of the United States, apparently, according to CNN reporting intervening with the justice Department saying get us more witnesses on this.

This is precisely why in the post-Nixon era,

there were rules in place to get the White House out of criminal investigations.

They are not supposed to be involved in making those sorts of decisions.

This White House is changing the rules.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/jeffrey-toobin-this-whole-uranium-one-thing-comes-from-fox-news/

"changing the rules?" Repugs don't give a FUCK about rules, laws, regulations, protocol, conventions. Proof? racist political hack Sessions is the US AG

spurraider21
10-27-2017, 10:35 AM
BOOM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263215
TSA can you explain how this boom is bigger than this older boom?

boutons_deux
10-27-2017, 10:40 AM
For Repugs, it's ALL HILLARY, ALL THE TIME

‘No you brought her up!’ Krazy Anne Conway melts down when CNN asks why she keeps talking about Hillary

https://www.rawstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Kellyanne-Conway-Alisyn-Camerota-CNN-800x430.jpg

Conway then insisted that reaching out to Assange was completely unnecessary anyway because

Hillary Clinton ran such a bad campaign that the Trump campaign didn’t need WikiLeaks’ assistance to beat her.

Unprompted, Conway suddenly grew defensive about the fact that

she had once again brought up Hillary Clinton as a way to deflect from alleged wrongdoing committed by associates of the Trump campaign.

“People are now writing about our discussion, and earlier in your broadcast, two commentators mentioned, ‘Oh, we just like to talk about Hillary,'” Conway said.

“You’re still talking about Hillary! I’ll make you a deal — I’ll never say a word [about Hillary] again.” :lol :lol

Camerota agreed to Conway’s deal and tried to move on from talking about Clinton.

However, Conway interrupted her to once again talk about Hillary Clinton. :lol

“She was the loser, so you have to keep talking about her,” Conway said.

Camerota pointed out that Conway was still talking about Clinton despite her offer to stop doing so. :lol

“No, you brought her up!” Conway snapped. :lol

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/no-you-brought-her-up-kellyanne-conway-melts-down-when-cnn-asks-why-she-keeps-talking-about-hillary/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

KAC is typical piece of shit the Mercers got into Trash's mafia when Mercers financed Trash.

boutons_deux
10-27-2017, 11:02 AM
Hillary Clinton’s “real Russia scandal”: The vast right-wing conspiracy will never die

Right-wing media’s latest concoction: Stir a few old stories into the cauldron of Hillary hate. It just might work

House Intelligence :lol Committee chair Rep. Devin Nunes, :lol R-Calif., came before the cameras to announce a new investigation into a 2010 sale of uranium to Russia,

Rep. Trey Gowdy :lol of the House Oversight Committee also announced (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gowdy-goodlatte-announce-investigation-into-dojs-handling-of-clinton-emails/) a new investigation into the Clinton email probe --

yes, that would be an investigation of an investigation

Republicans have been desperate to figure out a way to discredit special counsel Robert Mueller

and at the same time muddy the waters with some parallel scandal implicating Hillary Clinton. They understand perfectly well that pursuing her is something of a compulsive neurosis among the political media. They seem to have decided that

their best bet is to throw several different Russia-related threads out at the same time to try to overwhelm the system.

a dozen flaws in this argument but the most important (https://www.lawfareblog.com/irrelevance-trump-dossier) is the one set forth by Robert Litt, former general counsel to the office of the director of national intelligence under the Obama administration:

The dossier itself played absolutely no role in the coordinated intelligence assessment that Russia interfered in our election.

That assessment, which was released in unclassified form in January but which contained much more detail in the classified version that has been briefed to Congress, was based entirely on other sources and analysis.

Other than that, they have an airtight case. :lol

As for Gowdy's snipe hunt into the Justice Department's handling of Clinton's emails, well, what can you say? It's an obsession.
There is no evidence that Clinton took a particular interest in the uranium sale or that it was an unusual transaction in any way.

Nonetheless, Fox News, led by Sean Hannity, has pushed this story hard,

based on a repackaging of the old story by a right wing journalist named John Solomon in the Hill alleging (http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration) that “Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow.”

the underlying conspiracy theory that Hillary Clinton personally pushed the uranium deal through is still nonsense.

But the

Fox talking heads have found a way to imply that

the FBI and the Justice Department have been covering up for Clinton and Obama,

which once again leads to Comey, Mueller and even Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein,

who oversees the Mueller investigation.

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/27/hillary-clintons-real-russia-scandal-the-vast-right-wing-conspiracy-will-never-die/

TSA
10-27-2017, 11:57 AM
TSA can you explain how this boom is bigger than this older boom?

Never BOOM'd the OP

TSA
10-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Hillary Clinton’s “real Russia scandal”: The vast right-wing conspiracy will never die

Right-wing media’s latest concoction: Stir a few old stories into the cauldron of Hillary hate. It just might work

House Intelligence :lol Committee chair Rep. Devin Nunes, :lol R-Calif., came before the cameras to announce a new investigation into a 2010 sale of uranium to Russia,

Rep. Trey Gowdy :lol of the House Oversight Committee also announced (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gowdy-goodlatte-announce-investigation-into-dojs-handling-of-clinton-emails/) a new investigation into the Clinton email probe --

yes, that would be an investigation of an investigation

Republicans have been desperate to figure out a way to discredit special counsel Robert Mueller

and at the same time muddy the waters with some parallel scandal implicating Hillary Clinton. They understand perfectly well that pursuing her is something of a compulsive neurosis among the political media. They seem to have decided that

their best bet is to throw several different Russia-related threads out at the same time to try to overwhelm the system.

a dozen flaws in this argument but the most important (https://www.lawfareblog.com/irrelevance-trump-dossier) is the one set forth by Robert Litt, former general counsel to the office of the director of national intelligence under the Obama administration:

The dossier itself played absolutely no role in the coordinated intelligence assessment that Russia interfered in our election.

That assessment, which was released in unclassified form in January but which contained much more detail in the classified version that has been briefed to Congress, was based entirely on other sources and analysis.

Other than that, they have an airtight case. :lol

As for Gowdy's snipe hunt into the Justice Department's handling of Clinton's emails, well, what can you say? It's an obsession.
There is no evidence that Clinton took a particular interest in the uranium sale or that it was an unusual transaction in any way.

Nonetheless, Fox News, led by Sean Hannity, has pushed this story hard,

based on a repackaging of the old story by a right wing journalist named John Solomon in the Hill alleging (http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration) that “Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow.”

the underlying conspiracy theory that Hillary Clinton personally pushed the uranium deal through is still nonsense.

But the

Fox talking heads have found a way to imply that

the FBI and the Justice Department have been covering up for Clinton and Obama,

which once again leads to Comey, Mueller and even Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein,

who oversees the Mueller investigation.

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/27/hillary-clintons-real-russia-scandal-the-vast-right-wing-conspiracy-will-never-die/

Testimony from the FBI informant should clear everything up don't worry.

spurraider21
10-27-2017, 12:37 PM
Never BOOM'd the OP
:lol "spin away libs"

Pavlov
10-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Testimony from the FBI informant should clear everything up don't worry.Just like all the other testimonies you relentlessly pimped then conveniently forgot all about, right?

TSA
10-27-2017, 01:54 PM
:lol "spin away libs"

I meant this thread was never BOOM'd dummy

spurraider21
10-27-2017, 02:28 PM
I meant this thread was never BOOM'd dummy
What important and damning testimony did we get from the clinton employee who got immunity that libs had to spin away?

If the answer is none (it is) do you understand why your credibility here regarding upcoming BOOM testimony is weak?

Pavlov
10-27-2017, 02:31 PM
The FBI let the FBI informant out of his NDA so he can tell everyone how the FBI was guilty of the biggest coverup evah!

TSA
10-27-2017, 03:31 PM
What important and damning testimony did we get from the clinton employee who got immunity that libs had to spin away?

If the answer is none (it is) do you understand why your credibility here regarding upcoming BOOM testimony is weak?

Why do you keep saying I said this upcoming testimony is BOOM? Not once have I said that in this thread.

spurraider21
10-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Why do you keep saying I said this upcoming testimony is BOOM? Not once have I said that in this thread.
OK fine. The word boom upsets you.

What important testimony are we going to get here? What important testimony did we get from the person getting immunity in the clinton thing?

TSA
10-27-2017, 03:50 PM
OK fine. The word boom upsets you.

What important testimony are we going to get here? What important testimony did we get from the person getting immunity in the clinton thing?

I love the word BOOM, I just never used it to describe this testimony despite you pulling it out of your ass three times. The lawyer for the FBI informant claims he has on the record quid pro quo regarding the Clinton Foundation and Bill Clinton's speaking fees tied to the Uranium One deal.

For your second question I'd have to re-read the testimony from over a year ago as it's not fresh in my memory.

TSA
11-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Because there is zero evidence this deal would have been scuttled had some other element of unproven crimes been revealed. That's all anonymous is going to talk about.

A legal expert on the CFIUS process told The Hill that the new revelation that the FBI knew that a Rosatom official was engaged in illegality on U.S. soil before the sale was approved could very well have affected the decision if that evidence had been made public in real time.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/358339-uranium-one-deal-led-to-some-exports-to-europe-memos-show

TSA
11-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Uranium One deal led to some exports to Europe, memos show

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/358339-uranium-one-deal-led-to-some-exports-to-europe-memos-show

The NRC never issued an export license to the Russian firm, a fact so engrained in the narrative of the Uranium One controversy that it showed up in The Washington Post’s official fact-checker site this week. “We have noted repeatedly that extracted uranium could not be exported by Russia without a license, which Rosatom does not have,” the Post reported on Monday, linking to the 2011 Barrasso letter.

Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill show that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium — the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons — from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show.

NRC officials said they could not disclose the total amount of uranium that Uranium One exported because the information is proprietary.

Pavlov
11-02-2017, 02:11 PM
A legal expert on the CFIUS process told The Hill that the new revelation that the FBI knew that a Rosatom official was engaged in illegality on U.S. soil before the sale was approved could very well have affected the decision if that evidence had been made public in real time.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/358339-uranium-one-deal-led-to-some-exports-to-europe-memos-showOh, they would have taken it into consideration?

Wow.

DMC
11-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Philo with no real argument, just crazy direction shifting comments.

spurraider21
11-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Philo with no real argument, just crazy direction shifting comments.
Pot, kettle, etc.

TSA
11-02-2017, 08:03 PM
NATION United States National Security
Current DOE official once consulted for Russian nuclear companies

By Sara A. Carter
2 Hours Ago

Cheryl Moss Herman, an official with the United States Department of Energy, produced a detailed report in 2010 for a Russian nuclear company when she was a private energy and environmental consultant.

The document Moss Herman wrote as a consultant in 2010 was for TENAM/Tenex, according to the consulting memorandum she provided to the Russian subsidiary and obtained by Circa. TENAM is a fully-owned U.S. subsidiary of Tenex, which is 100 percent owned by the Russian state controlled nuclear company Rosatom, according to public documentation.

Titled “Policy/Legislative Issues Affecting the Business Climate in the U.S. for TENAM/Tenex,” the memorandum discussed the Department of Energy’s uranium regulations. She is now employed at the DOE’s Office Nuclear Energy develops sustainable fuel cycles.

Richard Painter, former Chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush, told Circa that although no laws were broken regarding Moss Herman’s work as a consultant for the Russians prior to her work with the U.S. government there is a strong ethical argument that consultants who have worked for foreign entities “could pose a significant problem when dealing with national security interests.”

Painter said background security checks on incoming U.S. government employees aren’t thorough enough, adding it’s “a very lax system, there’s lots of room for mistakes. There’s no rules to stop a consultant from working with the Russians to then come work in the government.”

“We live in a different world now with concentrated wealth in Russia, Saudi Arabia and China,” Painter said. “When you’re dealing with uranium, it’s a national security interest.”

The document Moss Herman wrote as a consultant, “Policy/Legislative Issues Attesting the Business Climate in the U.S. for TENAM/Tenex,” discussed the Department of Energy’s uranium regulations. She is now employed at the DOE’s Office of Uranium Management and Policy which assures supplies of fuel for nuclear power plants, which TENAM provides.

The executive to whom she provided the report, former Tenam president Vadim Mikerin was separately under a clandestine investigation by the FBI for corruption and money laundering, including extortion against American energy companies, and ultimately pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit money laundering.

In 2010, when Moss Herman submitted her memorandum to TENEX and Tenam Corp., the Obama administration was in its final days of reviewing the proposal from Russian state-controlled nuclear giant Rosatom to acquire Uranium One, a Canadian firm, which controlled roughly twenty percent of American uranium mining interests.

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/11/02/nation/current-doe-official-once-consulted-for-russian-nuclear-companies

boutons_deux
11-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Three House Republicans try to oust Mueller over laughable uranium deal conspiracy theory (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/3/1712314/-Three-House-Republicans-try-to-oust-Mueller-over-laughable-uranium-deal-conspiracy-theory)

On the very week that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe started producing evidence of problematic Russian contacts by the Trump campaign,

three House Republicans suddenly want to kneecap Mueller. Who could have guessed it? The Washington Post writes (https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/conservative-republicans-demand-mueller-recuse-himself-over-uranium-deal/2017/11/03/809135bc-c07f-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.2e5f9317b737):

Three conservative House Republicans are expected to file a resolution Friday

calling on special counsel Robert S. Mueller III to recuse himself from his probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, accusing him of conflicts of interest.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who wrote the resolution, accuses Mueller of having a conflict of interest because he was serving as FBI chief

when the Obama administration approved a deal allowing a Russian company to purchase a Canada-based mining group with uranium operations in the United States, according to a draft obtained by The Washington Post.

Now keep this in mind:

While there is zero evidence that Hillary Clinton was involved in any improper dealings on the Uranium One sale referenced above,

there's less than zero evidence that Mueller had anything at all do with it

because his agency wasn't even on the multi-agency governing committee that approved the sale.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1712314

boutons_deux
11-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Over a three week span, Fox spent 12 hours on a psuedoscandal

Trump propagandist Sean Hannity led the way with almost three and a half hours of Uranium One coverage

the Uranium One story is a bogus conspiracy theory (https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/10/24/how-steve-bannon-and-sean-hannitys-ginned-hillary-clinton-uranium-story-became-congressional/218318), a sloppy mishmash of shoddy reporting, fabrications, and motivated reasoning whose central premise -- that Clinton played a role in the deal -- has been debunked.

The president and his allies in Congress and in the conservative press -- particularly at Fox News -- have created a phony scandal to divert attention away from Trump’s Russia ties, focus criticism instead on their longtime foe Clinton, and justify calls to remove Mueller from his post.

Conservative author and Breitbart.com writer Peter Schweizer and his boss Steve Bannon launched the Uranium One tale (https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/10/24/how-steve-bannon-and-sean-hannitys-ginned-hillary-clinton-uranium-story-became-congressional/218318) in Schweizer’s 2015 book (https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2015/04/30/twenty-plus-errors-fabrications-and-distortions/203480), Clinton Cash.

Schweizer alleged that Hillary Clinton played a "central role" in approving the Russian atomic nuclear agency’s purchase of the mining company.

He suggested that Clinton did so because Russians and people linked to the deal had given money to the Clinton Foundation and to Bill Clinton.

A panoply of conservative media figures pushed Schweizer’s allegation; Trump himself parroted it (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/30/donald-trump/donald-trump-inaccurately-suggests-clinton-got-pai/) on the campaign trail.

But the conspiracy theory fell apart (http://time.com/3831794/clinton-allies-knock-down-donor-allegations-new-questions-pop-up/) when examined by reporters (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/30/donald-trump/donald-trump-inaccurately-suggests-clinton-got-pai/), not least because there was no evidence (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-clinton-cash-author-peter-schweizer/print?id=30568766) Hillary Clinton had actually intervened.

?The story re-emerged thanks to John Solomon, the executive vice president of The Hill, whose reporting is frequently cited (https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-sean-hannitys-juiciest-blockbusters-come-from-circa-news) by Trump’s media allies (http://thehill.com/homenews/324589-news-outlet-rising-on-the-right-for-russia-coverage) because it feeds their paranoia about a “deep state” conspiracy targeting the president.

These claims quickly collapsed (http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-conspiracy-theory-distraction-trump-russia-694525) under scrutiny (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2017/10/24/the-hills-flimsy-russia-uranium-story-lands-with-maximum-effect/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.e84d0c223ac6), with Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler noting (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/10/29/the-dossier-and-the-uranium-deal-a-guide-to-the-latest-allegations/?utm_term=.7fa427256ada) that the “fatal flaw in this allegation is Hillary Clinton, by all accounts, did not participate in any discussions regarding the Uranium One sale.”

https://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/uploader/image/2017/11/07/uranium-one-bar-3.png

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/12/fox-spent-12-hours-on-a-psuedoscandal-over-a-three-week-span_partner/

TSA
11-18-2017, 01:48 PM
“I have worked with the Justice Department undercover for several years, and documentation relating to Uranium One and political influence does exist and I have it,” Campbell said. He declined to give details of those documents.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-clinton-informant-exclusive/exclusive-secret-witness-in-senate-clinton-probe-is-ex-lobbyist-for-russian-firm-idUSKBN1DG1SB

Pavlov
11-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Sure he does....

Pavlov
11-18-2017, 04:00 PM
“I have worked with the Justice Department undercover for several years, and documentation relating to Uranium One and political influence does exist and I have it,” Campbell said. He declined to give details of those documents.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-clinton-informant-exclusive/exclusive-secret-witness-in-senate-clinton-probe-is-ex-lobbyist-for-russian-firm-idUSKBN1DG1SBICYMI.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doubts-surface-key-witness-uranium-one-probe-clinton-203614558.html

TSA
11-20-2017, 08:13 PM
An FBI informant gathered extensive evidence during his six years undercover about a Russian plot to corner the American uranium market, ranging from corruption inside a U.S. nuclear transport company to Obama administration approvals that let Moscow buy and sell more atomic fuels, according to more than 5,000 pages of documents from the counterintelligence investigation.

The memos, reviewed by The Hill, conflict with statements made by Justice Department officials in recent days that informant William Campbell's prior work won't shed much light on the U.S. government's controversial decision in 2010 to approve Russia's purchase of the Uranium One mining company and its substantial U.S. assets.

Campbell documented for his FBI handlers the first illegal activity by Russians nuclear industry officials in fall 2009, nearly a entire year before the Russian state-owned Rosatom nuclear firm won Obama administration approval for the Uranium One deal, the memos show.

Campbell, who was paid $50,000 a month to consult for the firm, was solicited by Rosatom colleagues to help overcome political opposition to the Uranium One purchase while collecting FBI evidence that the sale was part of a larger effort by Moscow to make the U.S. more dependent on Russian uranium, contemporaneous emails and memos show.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/361276-fbi-informant-gathered-years-of-evidence-on-russian-push-for-us?amp

TSA
11-20-2017, 08:13 PM
Treasure Trove of Documents Tying Russia to Uranium One
posted by Sara A. Carter | @SaraCarterDC - 2 hours ago
https://www.hannity.com/content/2017-11-20-sara-carter/#.WhNbyDIbfxo.twitter

Pavlov
11-20-2017, 08:16 PM
An FBI informant gathered extensive evidence during his six years undercover about a Russian plot to corner the American uranium market, ranging from corruption inside a U.S. nuclear transport company to Obama administration approvals that let Moscow buy and sell more atomic fuels, according to more than 5,000 pages of documents from the counterintelligence investigation.

The memos, reviewed by The Hill, conflict with statements made by Justice Department officials in recent days that informant William Campbell's prior work won't shed much light on the U.S. government's controversial decision in 2010 to approve Russia's purchase of the Uranium One mining company and its substantial U.S. assets.

Campbell documented for his FBI handlers the first illegal activity by Russians nuclear industry officials in fall 2009, nearly a entire year before the Russian state-owned Rosatom nuclear firm won Obama administration approval for the Uranium One deal, the memos show.

Campbell, who was paid $50,000 a month to consult for the firm, was solicited by Rosatom colleagues to help overcome political opposition to the Uranium One purchase while collecting FBI evidence that the sale was part of a larger effort by Moscow to make the U.S. more dependent on Russian uranium, contemporaneous emails and memos show.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/361276-fbi-informant-gathered-years-of-evidence-on-russian-push-for-us?ampSo what does this have to do with Hillary Clinton again?

TSA
11-20-2017, 08:19 PM

Pavlov
11-20-2017, 08:25 PM
932768465609375744You're going to have to fit all this into your conspiracy theory, TSA.

I know you won't even try.

TSA
11-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Five new revelations in the Russian uranium case

BY JOHN SOLOMON
TWEET SHARE EMAIL
Evidence gathered by an FBI undercover informant conflicts with several media reports as well as statements by Justice officials concerning the connections between a Russian nuclear bribery case and the Obama administration's approval of the sale of uranium One to Russia's state-owned Rosatom nuclear company.

Here are five revelations from those documents reviewed by The Hill:

Russia saw its purchase of Uranium One as part of a strategy to dominate global uranium markets, including making the United States more dependent on Moscow's nuclear fuel.

Documents the informant gave the FBI clearly show that the purchase of Uranium One was seen by Russia and its American consultants as one tool in a strategy to "control" the uranium market worldwide. In the United States, that strategy focused on securing billions of new uranium contracts to create a new reliance on Russian nuclear fuel just as the Cold War-era Megatons to Megawatts program was ending.

Uranium One did export some of its U.S. uranium ore.

News organizations, including The Washington Post, continue to report none of Uranium One's product left the U.S. after Russia took control. In fact, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) approved an export license for a third party trucking firm to export Uranium One ore to Canada for enrichment, and that some of that uranium ended up in Europe, NRC memos show. Uranium One itself admits that as much as 25 percent of the uranium it exported to Canada ended up with European or Asian clients through what is know in the industry as "book transfers."

The FBI informant Douglas Campbell does have information to share with Congress about Rosatom's Uranium One purchase.

Justice officials have suggested in recent stories that Campbell has little on Uranium One because his work forced on nuclear bribery involving a different Rosatom subsidiary. While it's true Campbell's undercover work focused on criminality inside the Rosatom subsidiary Tenex, he did gather extensive documents about Rosatom's efforts to win approval to buy Uranium One.

The FBI did have evidence that Rosatom officials were engaged in criminality well before the Obama administration approved Rosatom's purchase of Uranium One.

Evidence that a foreign company is involved in criminality can disqualify it from Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) approval to buy a sensitive U.S. asset. And Campbell helped the FBI recorded the first criminal activity by Rosatom officials inside its Tenex arm in November 2009, nearly an entire year before CFIUS approved Rosatom's purchase of Uranium One.

Justice officials trusted the informant Campbell enough to keep him working undercover for six years and to pay him more than $51,000 once the convictions were secured.

A check obtained by The Hill shows the FBI paid Campbell an informant fee of more than $51,000 in January 2016, shortly after the last convictions in the Russian nuclear bribery case were made.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/361290-five-new-revelations-in-the-russian-uranium-case?amp

Pavlov
11-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Five new revelations in the Russian uranium case

BY JOHN SOLOMON
TWEET SHARE EMAIL
Evidence gathered by an FBI undercover informant conflicts with several media reports as well as statements by Justice officials concerning the connections between a Russian nuclear bribery case and the Obama administration's approval of the sale of uranium One to Russia's state-owned Rosatom nuclear company.

Here are five revelations from those documents reviewed by The Hill:

Russia saw its purchase of Uranium One as part of a strategy to dominate global uranium markets, including making the United States more dependent on Moscow's nuclear fuel.

Documents the informant gave the FBI clearly show that the purchase of Uranium One was seen by Russia and its American consultants as one tool in a strategy to "control" the uranium market worldwide. In the United States, that strategy focused on securing billions of new uranium contracts to create a new reliance on Russian nuclear fuel just as the Cold War-era Megatons to Megawatts program was ending.

Uranium One did export some of its U.S. uranium ore.

News organizations, including The Washington Post, continue to report none of Uranium One's product left the U.S. after Russia took control. In fact, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) approved an export license for a third party trucking firm to export Uranium One ore to Canada for enrichment, and that some of that uranium ended up in Europe, NRC memos show. Uranium One itself admits that as much as 25 percent of the uranium it exported to Canada ended up with European or Asian clients through what is know in the industry as "book transfers."

The FBI informant Douglas Campbell does have information to share with Congress about Rosatom's Uranium One purchase.

Justice officials have suggested in recent stories that Campbell has little on Uranium One because his work forced on nuclear bribery involving a different Rosatom subsidiary. While it's true Campbell's undercover work focused on criminality inside the Rosatom subsidiary Tenex, he did gather extensive documents about Rosatom's efforts to win approval to buy Uranium One.

The FBI did have evidence that Rosatom officials were engaged in criminality well before the Obama administration approved Rosatom's purchase of Uranium One.

Evidence that a foreign company is involved in criminality can disqualify it from Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) approval to buy a sensitive U.S. asset. And Campbell helped the FBI recorded the first criminal activity by Rosatom officials inside its Tenex arm in November 2009, nearly an entire year before CFIUS approved Rosatom's purchase of Uranium One.

Justice officials trusted the informant Campbell enough to keep him working undercover for six years and to pay him more than $51,000 once the convictions were secured.

A check obtained by The Hill shows the FBI paid Campbell an informant fee of more than $51,000 in January 2016, shortly after the last convictions in the Russian nuclear bribery case were made.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/361290-five-new-revelations-in-the-russian-uranium-case?ampSo is Clinton going to prison over this?

Yes or no.

lol revelations

Quadzilla99
11-25-2017, 01:56 AM

Chris
11-25-2017, 03:14 AM
So is Clinton going to prison over this?

Yes, in this life or the next.

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 04:37 AM
Yes, in this life or the next.:lol cop out.

For what crimes, Chris?

AaronY
11-25-2017, 06:20 AM
Yes, in this life or the next.
https://i.imgur.com/nrZcv1k.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/IJu0KMg.gif

Spurtacular
11-25-2017, 06:33 AM

Neat.

You already know who he worked for, why do you yearn for a name?

Why would I not want to know who he is?

:lmao Chump mad that Hillary doesn't know who to order the hit on.

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 06:38 AM
:lmao Chump mad that Hillary doesn't know who to order the hit on.Everyone except you knows who he is, Scoop.

Spurminator
11-25-2017, 11:49 AM
The forum conspiracy theorists don't want anything to do with this one? Seems like a no brainer for 4chanfoWars types.

Unless, you know, they're full of shit.

http://amp.wbaltv.com/article/slain-detective-shot-with-his-own-gun-davis-says/13868062

benefactor
11-25-2017, 12:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/nrZcv1k.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/IJu0KMg.gif

Spurtacular
11-25-2017, 06:48 PM
Everyone except you knows who he is, Scoop.

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 09:23 PM
:lmao Chump mad that Hillary doesn't know who to order the hit on.You might want to actually read the thread or perhaps the news. Anyone who has done so knows the name of the former FBI informant.

Quadzilla99
11-26-2017, 08:00 AM

You might want to actually read the thread or perhaps the news. Anyone who has done so knows the name of the former FBI informant.

Spurtacular
11-27-2017, 11:01 PM
Pavlov

:lmao

Pavlov
11-28-2017, 12:45 AM
Pavlov

:lmaoDude -- everyone knows this guy's name, including Hillary. It's repeated several times in the thread and in the linked articles.

Everyone has read his name and has known it for a full week.

Except you.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 01:18 AM
Dude -- everyone knows this guy's name, including Hillary. It's repeated several times in the thread and in the linked articles.

Everyone has read his name and has known it for a full week.

Except you.

Never said there wasn't a name. Doesn't change that you were crying for a name.

Pavlov
11-28-2017, 01:22 AM
Never said there wasn't a name. Doesn't change that you were crying for a name.

:lol:lol I have the name.

You still don't.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 02:42 AM
I have the name.

Way to go, big guy. Still doesn't change this:

Pavlov
11-28-2017, 03:02 AM
Way to go, big guy. Still doesn't change this:List the names of the people you personally think Hillary Clinton has had murdered.

Let's discuss this.

TSA
11-30-2017, 06:14 PM
DOJ tells Senate Judiciary confidential informant wasn’t interviewed prior to indictments on Russian nuclear bribery case

Department of Justice prosecutors did not interview a confidential informant and main witness in a Russian nuclear industry bribery and laundering case in 2014, prior to issuing its indictments against the defendants, this reporter has learned.

This “oversight” was disclosed in a briefing by the Department of Justice to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday regarding the 2014 case against Russian nationals and co-conspirators, according to several sources directly familiar with the briefing.

William J. Campbell Jr. worked for years undercover as an FBI confidential informant. He had been blocked previously by the Obama Justice Department from relaying his collections of conversations, evidence of illegal financial transactions and intelligence to Congress. This collected evidence related to the Russian nuclear industry’s efforts to win favor with the administration for the purchase of Uranium One, as well as the billions of dollars spent on closing energy deals in the U.S. market, according to his attorney Victoria Toensing, who worked in the Reagan Justice Department and was former chief counsel of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

The Department of Justice lifted the gag order in October, allowing Campbell to testify to Congress about the alleged corruption and bribery involving the 2010 sale of Uranium One to Moscow and its push to penetrate America’s energy market.

DOJ officials told this reporter, in an earlier interview, it had authorized Campbell to speak to the leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee, House Oversight Committee, and House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, which have all launched investigations.

Rep. Ron De Santis, a Florida Republican on the House Oversight Committee, told this reporter “it’s concerning why the informants information wasn’t brought to light prior” to the decision by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) voted to approve the sale of the Canadian firm Uranium One to Russia. At the time, Uranium One controlled 20 percent of American uranium mining capacity at the time of the sale and needed to be approved by CFIUS, due to the national security implications of selling an asset like uranium to a foreign state.

Interviewing a main witness is “just basic due diligence in any case,” said DeSantis, referencing the then prosecutors decision to not interview Campbell.

“It’s odd and it appears there’s something they’re trying to hide,” he added.

DeSantis said the committee will continue to gather documents and information through the end of the year. The committee will also be speaking with Campbell but no formal public hearings are expected until after the start of the new year, he added.

Toensing said her client is preparing to speak with members of Congress and she is also working with lawmakers to ensure he can deliver his testimony to the committees. She added that it is “a highly unusual” that the prosecutors didn’t interview Campbell.

“In all my years as a federal prosecutor I would not have ever filed an indictment without interviewing the main witness,” said Toensing. “I cannot imagine what the reason was for not doing so.”

Campbell was not interviewed by prosecutors with the DOJ until the Spring of 2015, his attorney added.

According to court records, Campbell was the main witness in the case against Russian national Vadim Mikerin and the co-conspirators and provided critical evidence in the criminal case against the defendants during his time as a confidential informant.

In Mikerin’s indictment, Campbell was referred to as “Victim 1” by then United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod Rosenstein, who now serves as Deputy Attorney General, according to the documents.

“The DOJ falsely described Mr. Campbell as a ‘victim’ in its initial indictment,” said Toensing, in an earlier interview. “The DOJ did not want the defense to cross exam Mr. Campbell about his counter intelligence activities. Those are the reasons Mr. Campbell was not utilized as a witness. The so-called ‘sources’ know so little about the case that they are not aware the agents gave him a check for over $50,000.”

Campbell provided troves of documents, briefs and evidence critical to American counterintelligence issues regarding the Russian nuclear industry at the time, Toensing added.

Mikerin was then a top official of Tenam, a 100 percent American subsidiary of Russia’s state controlled nuclear arm Rosatom. Mikerin, who had close ties to elite members of the Kremlin, had been an executive with Rosatom’s subsidiary Tenex as well, according to court records and documents. Boris Rubizhevsky, another Russian national from New Jersey, who was president of the security firm NEXGEN Security, also pleaded guilty in 2015, to conspiracy to commit money laundering. He served as a consultant to Tenam and to Mikerin. He was sentenced to prison last week along with three years of supervised release and a $26,500 fine, according to a recent Reuters report.

Mikerin was eventually arrested for a racketeering scheme that dated back to 2004, as well as fraud, extortion and money laundering but only plead guilty to money-laundering. He was sentenced to 48 months in prison in December 2015. In 2015, Daren Condrey, of Maryland, whose trucking company Transportation Logistics International, pleaded guilty to conspiring to violate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and conspiring to commit wire fraud, according to the DOJ.

Federal court records from 2014 and 2015 also refer to Campbell as “confidential source 1,” the “contractor,” as well as the original indictments listing him as “Victim 1.”

https://saraacarter.com/2017/11/30/doj-prosecutors-tell-senate-judiciary-they-did-not-interview-confidential-informant-prior-to-indictments-on-russian-nuclear-bribery-case/

Pavlov
11-30-2017, 06:23 PM
Still not much to this Campbell business.

TSA
12-04-2017, 01:26 PM
DOJ failed to interview FBI informant before it filed charges in Russian nuclear bribery case

While he was Maryland’s chief federal prosecutor, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s office failed to interview the undercover informant in the FBI’s Russian nuclear bribery case before it filed criminal charges in the case in 2014, officials told The Hill.

And the prosecutors did not let a grand jury hear from the paid informant before it handed up an indictment portraying him as a “victim” of the Russian corruption scheme or fully review his extensive trove of documents until months later, the officials confirmed.

The decisions backfired after prosecutors conducted more extensive debriefings of William Campbell in 2015, learning much more about the extent of his undercover activities and the transactions he engaged in while under the FBI’s direction, the officials said.

ADVERTISEMENT
The debriefings forced prosecutors to recast their entire criminal case against former Russian uranium industry executive Vadim Mikerinn — removing the informant as a star witness and main victim for the prosecution, the officials added.

Justice Department officials began briefing Congress last week, divulging missteps in a case that nonetheless proved the Russian state-owned Rosatom was engaged in criminal activity through its top American executive beginning in 2009, well before the Obama administration made a series of favorable decisions benefitting Moscow’s nuclear giant.

Multiple House and Senate committees already are investigating whether the FBI alerted President Obama or his top aides to the Russian criminal activity and plan to interview the undercover informant soon.

The new revelations, however, could tip some scrutiny toward federal prosecutors’ own conduct in the case, a sensitive topic since Rosenstein is now Justice’s No. 2 official and the supervisor of the special counsel investigation into Russian election tampering.

Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz said it was troubling that prosecutors would ever bring a case without talking first to a person they portrayed in court as a victim, especially when that person was an FBI informant available to them.

“I’ve never heard of such a case unless the victim is dead. I’ve never heard of prosecutors making a major case and not talking to the victim before you made it, especially when he was available to them through the FBI,” Dershowitz said.

“It is negligence, and I’m sure there will be internal issues with the Justice Department and U.S. attorney for making such an obvious mistake,” he said.

Officials told The Hill that prosecutors working for Rosenstein first interviewed Campbell, the informant, after they had already filed a sealed criminal complaint against Mikerin in July 2014.

Campbell got one debriefing after the criminal charges were filed, but was never brought before the grand jury that indicted the Russian figure in November 2014 even though the informer was portrayed as “Victim One” in that indictment, the officials confirmed

When prosecutors finally interviewed Campbell more extensively in early 2015 and reviewed all of the records he had gathered for the FBI, they learned new information about the sequence of transactions he conducted while under the FBI’s supervision, as well as the extensive nature of his counterintelligence work for the U.S. government that went far beyond the Mikerin case and dated to at least 2006, the officials said.

“Based on what was learned, we decided to change the theory of the case. … A plea deal became our goal so we wouldn’t have to litigate or make an issue of some of the stuff he had done for [counterintelligence] purposes,” a source directly familiar with the case said.

Campbell’s lawyer, Victoria Toensing, confirmed the Justice officials’ account. “The first time Mr. Campbell was interviewed by the U.S. Attorney’s office was after the criminal complaint was filed, and he was never brought before the grand jury before the indictment,” she told The Hill.

Justice officials said they knew when they first brought the case that Campbell had been part of a controlled, FBI-authorized bribery scheme, meaning he had permission to make payments to the Russians as kickbacks to further the investigation.

They declined to say why, with that knowledge, they initially portrayed Campbell in the indictment as a “victim” of an extortion scheme that began in November 2009 when the FBI had authorized him to make regular kickback payments of $50,000 in order to keep his consulting work for the Russians.

They said, however, they decided to pivot the case from extortion to money laundering after the more extensive 2015 debriefings revealed other transactions that pre-dated the extortion charges.

One source familiar with the case said extortion felt like a weaker charge when Campbell was acting with the FBI’s blessing and that the evidence of money laundering that Campbell documented through secret accounts in Latvia and Cyprus was irrefutable.

Campbell, who now has leukemia, also suffered an earlier bout with cancer in the middle of the case when a lesion was detected on his brain. He survived, all the while working undercover, but he developed some memory issues after treatment, sources said.

To compensate, he developed a system of extensive note taking and documentation with his FBI handlers through email to ensure facts were captured before his memory became hazy. A lot of those notes did not get reviewed by prosecutors until 2015, well after charges were filed, the sources said.

The documentation shows Campbell’s work had exposed wide-ranging details about Russia’s nuclear activities across the globe, including efforts to corner the global uranium market, assist Iranian nuclear ambitions and to criminally compromise a U.S. trucking firm that transported Russia’s nuclear fuel, they said.

Officials said the investigation and Campbell’s work from 2006 to 2013 fell under the FBI’s counterintelligence arm and Justice’s national security division, and officials originally did not intend for it to become a criminal case.

Justice officials originally hoped they simply could use the threat of criminal prosecution to “flip” Mikerin as a cooperating asset, but their confrontation with him at an office building in 2014 failed to persuade him to cooperate, sources said.

Prosecutors in the U.S. attorney’s office in Maryland then assembled charges and an indictment, using mostly information from the FBI’s counterintelligence files and interviews of Campbell done by an Energy Department investigative agent, officials said

Mikerin was an icon in the Russian nuclear industry, a top executive of the state-controlled Rosatom firm and its Tenex subsidiary and the man Moscow sent to Washington in 2010 to oversee Russian President Vladimir Putin’s plan to grow uranium sales inside the United States under the Obama administration.

The November 2014 indictment, bearing Rosenstein’s name, charged Mikerin with felony conspiracy to interfere with interstate commerce through extortion.

Court documents alleged Mikerin was part of a larger racketeering scheme that also involved bribery, kickbacks and money laundering and that he demanded $50,000 in regular kickbacks from Campbell starting in November 2009 in order for Campbell to keep his consulting work for the Russians.

The court documents portrayed Campbell alternatively as “Victim One” or “Confidential Witness 1” who came forward to report Mikerin’s wrongdoing and cooperate with the FBI.

In fact, Campbell had been under the FBI’s control informing on the Russian nuclear industry since 2006, had signed a formal nondisclosure agreement with the FBI in 2008 and eventually was rewarded in 2016 with a $51,000 check for his extensive counterintelligence work.

Mikerin eventually pleaded guilty to a money laundering conspiracy charge and was sentenced in December 2015 to 48 months in prison.

A month later, the FBI paid Campbell compensation of more than $51,000, a transaction prosecutors did not learn about until The Hill published a copy of the check last month, officials said.

Congress is now investigating the entire Russian nuclear bribery case after The Hill disclosed Campbell’s work, with multiple committees demanding to know whether the FBI told the Obama administration about Mikerin’s criminality before the administration made favorable decisions that rewarded Rosatom with billions of dollars in new American nuclear fuel contracts.

Justice officials began briefing congressional officials this week, starting with the Senate Judiciary Committee. After the briefings end, congressional investigators plan to interview Campbell.

After Campbell’s name and work surfaced, anonymous allegations surfaced in stories by Yahoo and Reuters suggesting the Justice Department had grave reservations about Campbell’s credibility, in part because he had three misdemeanor alcohol arrests.

But officials told The Hill those leaks were not authorized by the Justice Department and did not reflect accurately the official thinking of the department.

For instance, they said prosecutors had no concerns about Campbell’s three misdemeanor alcohol arrests and that the FBI held the informant in enough esteem to pay him the check after the case ended. And after prosecutors completed three debriefings with Campbell, they approved the payment in 2015 of the last of his expenses as an undercover.

Prosecutors’ concerns primarily dealt with the sequence of events and transactions surrounding Campbell’s undercover work during the counterintelligence part of the probe before criminal prosecutors got involved, officials said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/363019-doj-failed-to-interview-fbi-informant-before-it-filed-charges-in-russian

Pavlov
12-04-2017, 01:43 PM
So the US attorneys didn't want to subject a brain cancer patient with memory issues to cross examination.

This will put Obama in front of a firing squad for sure!

TSA
12-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Top Nuclear Official Suggests Obama Admin Wasn’t Totally Straightforward On Uranium One Deal

The current chair of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) said that one of her Obama-appointed predecessors’ responses to Congress on a key aspect of the Uranium One deal did not capture the intricacies of the matter.

“I would note that, as your letter makes clear, the responses you have received have not fully depicted the complexity of this issue,” NRC chairwoman Kristine Svinicki said in response to a question from Wyoming Republican Sen. John Barrasso during a Wednesday Senate hearing.

Barrasso wrote to the Obama administration in 2010, expressing concerns that the Uranium One deal would allow Russian interests to export uranium abroad. Obama-appointed NRC chairman Gregory Jaczko responded in 2011, downplaying Barrasso’s concerns by noting that the company would need an export license.

“I specifically raised concerns about future exports of U.S. uranium by Uranium One,” Barrasso said in the hearing. “I believe the Obama administration’s response to my letter was at best misleading.”

Barrasso expanded his investigation into the 2010 Obama administration decision to approve the sale of Uranium One to a subsidiary controlled by Rostam, Russia’s state-owned nuclear company.

The chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works asked the Energy Department and NRC for documents related to the Obama administration’s response to his 2010 letter.

Barrasso also said he had evidence the Energy Department misled him on their role in the approval of uranium exports. He asked both agencies for documents to find out if he was intentionally misled.

“Uranium One did not need a specific NRC license to export U.S. uranium,” Barrasso said. “Instead, Uranium One only needed to be, and later was, listed as a supplier on a transport company’s NRC export license.”

Svinicki said the NRC would address Barrasso’s concerns and “depict it in context and more accurately than the responses you have received.” Svinicki also sat on the NRC during the Obama administration, but was a Bush administration appointee.

The Uranium One deal gave Russian interests control of one-fifth of U.S. uranium production capacity at the time, and became an anchor around the Clinton campaign in the 2016 election.

As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton sat on a federal board that made recommendations on approving foreign business deals. Though her campaign rejected accusations donations to the Clinton Foundation played any role in the matter.

The New York Times covered the deal extensively in 2015, noting how donations poured into the Clinton Foundation from individuals connected with the deal. TheNYT also noted how Russians were able to export U.S. uranium without an NRC-approved export license.

The Hill reignited the controversy in October when it reported that the Uranium One deal was the target of a Russian bribery scheme.

FBI agents also “obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow,” The Hill reported.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/13/top-nuclear-official-suggests-obama-admin-wasnt-totally-straightforward-on-uranium-one-deal/

boutons_deux
12-13-2017, 05:47 PM
"during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body"

what govt body?

was Hillary's body the only body on that govt body?

was that govt body the only body involved in the U-1 decision?

boutons_deux
12-21-2017, 10:40 AM
Prosecutors ask FBI agents for info on Uranium One deal

the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, known as CFIUS, approved the deal by a unanimous vote, according to public reports.

Clinton was just one member of the nine member CFIUS by virtue of her role as Secretary of State.

The other eight members of CFIUS came from Treasury, Homeland Security, Commerce, Defense, Energy, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, the Office of Science & Technology, and the Justice Department.

Defenders of the deal point out that the Russians don't have a license to export the uranium out of the U.S., and that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission found no risk to national security.

Clinton has said she was not involved in the deliberations and played no role in the decision.

Jose Fernandez, a former assistant secretary of state, told the Times that he represented the department on the committee, and that "Mrs. Clinton never intervened with me on any C.F.I.U.S. matter." He did not respond to a request for comment by NBC News.

A spokesman for Hillary Clinton did not answer whether she was ever briefed on the Uranium One deal.

"At every turn this storyline has been debunked on the merits,"

said the spokesman, Nick Merrill.

"This latest iteration is simply more of the right doing Trump's bidding for him to distract from his own Russia problems,

which are real and a grave threat to our national security."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/prosecutors-ask-fbi-agents-for-info-on-uranium-one-deal/ar-BBH6WIH

So liar Trash is ordering racist, compromised Russian tool Sessions to go after Trash's enemies, as Pootin-fellator Trash and his big mafiya are investigated for numerous crimes going back many years,

America is fucked and unfuckably in permanent decline.

TSA
12-21-2017, 10:59 AM

the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, known as CFIUS, approved the deal by a unanimous vote, according to public reports.

Clinton was just one member of the nine member CFIUS by virtue of her role as Secretary of State.

The other eight members of CFIUS came from Treasury, Homeland Security, Commerce, Defense, Energy, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, the Office of Science & Technology, and the Justice Department.

Defenders of the deal point out that the Russians don't have a license to export the uranium out of the U.S., and that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission found no risk to national security.

Clinton has said she was not involved in the deliberations and played no role in the decision.

Jose Fernandez, a former assistant secretary of state, told the Times that he represented the department on the committee, and that "Mrs. Clinton never intervened with me on any C.F.I.U.S. matter." He did not respond to a request for comment by NBC News.

A spokesman for Hillary Clinton did not answer whether she was ever briefed on the Uranium One deal.

"At every turn this storyline has been debunked on the merits,"

said the spokesman, Nick Merrill. :lol

"This latest iteration is simply more of the right doing Trump's bidding for him to distract from his own Russia problems,

which are real and a grave threat to our national security."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/prosecutors-ask-fbi-agents-for-info-on-uranium-one-deal/ar-BBH6WIH

So liar Trash is ordering racist, compromised Russian tool Sessions to go after Trash's enemies, as Pootin-fellator Trash and his big mafiya are investigated for numerous crimes going back many years,

America is fucked and unfuckably in permanent decline.

On the orders of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Justice Department prosecutors have begun asking FBI agents to explain the evidence they found in a now dormant criminal investigation into a controversial uranium deal that critics have linked to Bill and Hillary Clinton, multiple law enforcement officials told NBC News.

The interviews with FBI agents are part of the Justice Department's effort to fulfill a promise an assistant attorney general made to Congress last month to examine whether a special counsel was warranted to look into what has become known as the Uranium One deal, a senior Justice Department official said.

At issue is a 2010 transaction in which the Obama Administration allowed the sale of U.S. uranium mining facilities to Russia's state atomic energy company. Hillary Clinton was secretary of state at the time, and the State Department was one of nine agencies that agreed to approve the deal after finding no threat to U.S. national security.

A senior law enforcement official who was briefed on the initial FBI investigation told NBC News there were allegations of corruption surrounding the process under which the U.S. government approved the sale. But no charges were filed.

As the New York Times reported in April 2015, some of the people associated with the deal contributed millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation. And Bill Clinton was paid $500,000 for a Moscow speech by a Russian investment bank with links to the transaction.

Hillary Clinton has denied playing any role in the decision by the State Department to approve the sale, and the State Department official who approved it has said Clinton did not intervene in the matter. That hasn't stopped some Republicans, including President Trump, from calling the arrangement corrupt — and urging that Clinton be investigated.

In a letter to Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs Stephen Boyd said Justice Department lawyers would make recommendations to Sessions about whether an investigation should be opened or expanded, or whether a special counsel should be appointed to probe a number of issues of concern to Republicans.

In recent weeks, FBI agents who investigated the case have been asked by Justice Department prosecutors to describe the results of their probe. The agents also have been asked if there was any improper effort to squash a prosecution, the law enforcement sources say.

The senior Justice Department official said the questions were part of an effort by the Sessions team to get up to speed on the controversial case, in the face of allegations from Congressional Republicans that it was mishandled.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/prosecutors-ask-fbi-agents-info-uranium-one-deal-n831436

boutons_deux
12-21-2017, 11:15 AM
"allegations from Congressional Republicans that it was mishandled"

is there any EVIDENCE from those Repugs that it was mishandled, or just faith-based, political witch-hunting and deflecting from investigation of Trash and his mafiya?

TSA
12-21-2017, 11:58 AM
https://media.8ch.net/file_store/0ce89cc49e9926fc9b567c44237d94a081467f1b972d23a9db d784727054d391.png

Pavlov
12-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Strike what, TSA?

What are you saying is going to happen with your Chris meme?

Chucho
12-21-2017, 12:11 PM
Strike what, TSA?

What are you saying is going to happen with your Chris meme?

They really need a Kyle Griffin-esque Twitter to tell them how to think.

Pavlov
12-21-2017, 12:16 PM
They really need a Kyle Griffin-esque Twitter to tell them how to think.He's got Q and ar15.com.

TSA
12-21-2017, 01:53 PM
FBI informant gathered years of evidence on Russian push for US nuclear fuel deals, including Uranium One, memos show

Campbell documented for his FBI handlers the first illegal activity by Russians nuclear industry officials in fall 2009, nearly an entire year before the Russian state-owned Rosatom nuclear firm won Obama administration approval for the Uranium One deal, the memos show.

"The attached article is of interest as I believe it highlights the ongoing resolve in Russia to gradually and systematically acquire and control global energy resources," Rod Fisk, an American contractor working for the Russians, wrote in a June 24, 2010, email to Campbell.

The email forwarded an article on Rosatom's efforts to buy Uranium One through its ARMZ subsidiary. Fisk also related information from a conversation with the Canadian executives of the mining firm about their discomfort with the impending sale.

"I spoke with a senior Uranium One Executive," Fisk wrote Campbell, detailing his personal history with some of the company's figures. "He said that corporate Management was not even told before the announcement [of the sale] was made.

"There are a lot of concerns," Fisk added, predicting the Canadians would exit the company with buyouts once the Russians took control. Fisk added the premium price the Russians were paying to buy a mining firm that in 2010 controlled about 20 percent of America's uranium production seemed "strange."

At the time, Campell was working alongside Fisk as an American consultant to Rosatom's commercial sales arm, Tenex.

But unbeknownst to his colleagues, Campbell also was serving as an FBI informant gathering evidence that Fisk, Tenex executive Vadim Mikerin and several others were engaged in a racketeering scheme involving millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks, plus extortion and money laundering.

Justice Department officials confirmed the emails and documents gathered by Campbell, saying they were in the possession of the FBI, the department's national security division and its criminal division at various times over the last decade. They added that Campbell's work was valuable enough that the FBI paid him nearly $200,000, mostly for reimbursements over six years, but that the money also included a check for more than $51,000 in compensation after the final convictions were secured.

The information he gathered on Uranium One was more significant to the counterintelligence aspect of the case that started in 2008 than the eventual criminal prosecutions that began in 2013, they added.

Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said Monday that the agency plans to brief members of Congress next week on Campbell's work, the counterintelligence investigation into Russian uranium and the nuclear bribery case. Some issues related to the case are also being reviewed by senior Justice officials, she added.

"The Department of Justice has authorized the confidential informant to disclose to the chairmen and ranking members of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, as well as staff, any information or documents he has concerning alleged corruption or bribery involving transactions in the uranium market. Until the informant publicly speaks to what he knew or knows about these matters, we are unable to respond further," she said.

Campbell's undercover work helped FBI counterintelligence chronicle a Russian uranium strategy modeled after Moscow's success in creating natural gas monopolies in eastern Europe that strengthened Russia's economy and geopolitical standing after the Cold War, the officials said.

Part of the goal was to make Americans more reliant on Russian uranium before a program that converted former Soviet warheads into U.S. nuclear fuel expired in 2013, according to documents and interviews. Russia's ambitions included building a uranium enrichment facility on U.S. soil, the documents show.

The FBI task force supervising Campbell since 2008 watched as the Obama administration made more than a half dozen decisions favorable to the Russians' plan, which ranged from approving the sale of Uranium One to removing Rosatom from export restrictions and making it easier for Moscow to win billions in new commercial uranium sales contracts. The favorable decisions occurred during a time when President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were pursuing a public "reset" to improve relations with Moscow, a plan that fell apart after Russia invaded Ukraine.

Campbell also produced leads for the FBI about suspicious activity inside Iran's and South Africa's nuclear industries, the documents show.

And most importantly, it developed concrete evidence that Tenex - at its Russian leadership's behest - had engaged in a massive racketeering scheme. That evidence led to indictments in 2014 and the convictions of several figures in 2015.

The defendants who pled guilty included Mikerin, the very man Russia sent to the United States to lead its uranium strategy, as well as the head of the American trucking company that moved Russia's uranium around the United States.

Multiple congressional committees recently got permission from the Justice Department to interview Campbell after The Hill reported last month the existence of his informant work.

Lawmakers want to know what the FBI did with the evidence Campbell gathered in real time and whether it warned Obama and top leaders before they made the Russia-favorable decisions, like the Uranium One deal.

Since Campbell's identity emerged in recent days, there have been several statements by Justice officials, both on the record and anonymously, casting doubt on the timing and value of his work, and specifically his knowledge about Uranium One.

The more than 5,000 pages of documents reviewed by The Hill directly conflict with some of the Justice officials' accounts.

For instance, both Attorney General Jeff Sessions in testimony last week and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in a letter to the Senate last month tried to suggest there was no connection between Uranium One and the nuclear bribery case. Their argument was that the criminal charges weren't filed until 2014, while the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States' (CFIUS) approval of the Uranium One sale occurred in October 2010.

"The way I understand that matter is that the case in which Mr. Mikerin was convicted was not connected to the CFIUS problem that occurred two to three years before," Sessions testified to the House Judiciary Committee last week, echoing Rosenstein's letter from a few weeks earlier.

But investigative records show FBI counterintelligence recorded the first illicit payments in the bribery/kickback scheme in November 2009, a year before the CFIUS approval.

Campbell also relayed detailed information about criminal conduct throughout 2010, including the coordinates for various money laundering drops, according to his FBI debriefing reports. The evidence Campbell gathered indicated Mikerin's corruption scheme was being directed by and benefitting more senior officials with Rosatom and Tenex back in Russia, the records show, a claim U.S. officials would make in court years later.

"There is zero doubt we had evidence of criminal activity before the CFIUS approval and that Justice knew about it through [the natural security division]," said a source with direct knowledge of the investigation.

Republican members of Congress have been angered by the Justice Department's first answers because they conflict with the evidence already gathered in their probe.

"Attorney General Sessions seemed to say that the bribery, racketeering and money laundering offenses involving Tenex's Vadim Mikerin occurred after the approval of the Uranium One deal by the Obama administration. But we know that the FBI's confidential informant was actively compiling incriminating evidence as far back as 2009," Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) told The Hill.

"It is hard to fathom how such a transaction could have been approved without the existence of the underlying corruption being disclosed. I hope AG Sessions gets briefed about the CI and gives the Uranium One case the scrutiny it deserves," added DeSantis, whose House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee is one of the investigating panels.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) sent a similar rebuke last week to Rosenstein, saying the deputy attorney general's first response to the committee "largely missed the point" of the congressional investigations.

"The essential question is whether the Obama Justice Department provided notice of the criminal activity of certain officials before the CFIUS approval of the Uranium One deal and other government decisions that enabled the Russians to trade nuclear materials in the U.S.," Grassley said.

Flores said Sessions stands by his testimony. "The Attorney General's testimony is accurate. The criminal case in which Mikerin was convicted and the factual and legal requirements needed to make that case did not address the CFIUS matter," the Justice spokeswoman said.

Similar misinformation surfaced last week in articles by Reuters and Yahoo News in which officials were quoted as casting doubt that Campbell had any information about the Uranium One deal, because Tenex was a different division of Rosatom than the ARMZ subsidiary that bought the mining firm.

But Campbell's FBI informant file shows Uranium One came up several times in 2010 as the sale was pending, partly because Tenex was Rosatom's commercial arm and would be charged with finding markets for the new uranium being mined and enriched both in the United States and abroad.

Campbell himself was directly solicited by his colleagues to help overcome opposition to the Uranium One deal, the FBI informant files show. In an Oct. 6, 2010, email with the subject line "ARMZ + Uranium One," Fisk forwarded a news article outlining Republican efforts to derail the sale.

"The referenced article may present a very good opportunity for Sigma [Campbell's company] to try and remove the opposing influences, if that is something you can do," Fisk wrote the informant, who was also a paid consultant for the company at the time.

The next day, Mikerin was sent an 11-page report laying out the larger Russian nuclear strategy and what Russia wanted to do inside the U.S. to gain advantage in the uranium market. The report cited specific concerns about the political pressure opposing Uranium One if it wasn't overcome. Campbell intercepted the document.

"Some Republicans truly fear the entry of Russia into the U.S. market, as demonstrated by the fact that they are taking steps to block the purchase of Uranium One," the report warned Mikerin. "This effort bears watching as it may provide clues as to the likely political reaction if a Russian entity was going to participate in the construction and operation of a uranium enrichment plant in the U.S."

After Rosatom's sale was approved, Uranium One officials would have direct contact with Tenex and Mikerin, some of which was witnessed by Campbell, the documents show.

For instance, Mikerin forwarded to Campbell an email in 2012 from a Uranium One executive suggesting the planned construction of a new nuclear reactor near Augusta, Ga., might prove a good opportunity for both Uranium One and Tenex to expand their business, the documents show.

Campbell's debriefing files also show he regularly mentioned to FBI agents in 2010 a Washington entity with close ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton that was being paid millions to help expand Tenex's business in the United States. The entity began increasing its financial support to a Clinton charitable project after it was hired by the Russians, according to the documents.

Campbell engaged in conversations with his Russian colleagues about the efforts of the Washington entity and others to gain influence with the Clintons and the Obama administration. He also listened as visiting Russians used racially tinged insults to boast about how easy they found it to win uranium business under Obama, according to a source familiar with Campbell's planned testimony to Congress.

Uranium One was a large enough concern for the informant that he confronted one of his FBI handlers after learning the CFIUS had approved the sale and that the U.S. had given Mikerin a work visa despite the extensive evidence of his criminal activity, the source said.

The agent responded back to the informant with a comment suggesting "politics" was involved, the source familiar with Campbell's planned testimony said.

Justice officials said federal prosecutors have no records that Campbell or his lawyer made any allegations about the Uranium One deal during his debriefings in the criminal case that started in 2013, but acknowledged he collected evidence about the mining deal during the FBI counterintelligence investigation that preceded it.

In recent days, news media including The Washington Post and Fox News anchor Shepard Smith have inaccurately reported another element of the story: that Uranium One never exported its American uranium because the Obama administration did not allow it.

However, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission authorized Uranium One to export through a third party tons of uranium to Canada for enrichment processing, and some of that product ended up in Europe, NRC documents state.

A Uranium One executive acknowledged to The Hill that 25 percent of the uranium it shipped to Canada under the third-party export license ended up with either European or Asian customers through what it known in the nuclear business as "book transfers."

But the recent leaks that have most concerned congressional investigators occurred in a Yahoo story late Friday, in which Justice officials anonymously questioned Campbell's credibility and suggested they had to alter their criminal case against Mikerin in 2015, eventually striking a plea deal, because they feared he would be a "disaster" as a trial witness.

The FBI informant file, however, paints a different picture. After Mikerin pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 48 months prison in December 2015, the FBI took Campbell out to a celebratory seafood dinner and delivered a handsome reward: a check for $51,046.36 dated Jan. 7, 2016, a copy of which was obtained by The Hill.

A source directly familiar with the FBI's evidence said the primary reason prosecutors working under Rosenstein, then the U.S. attorney in Maryland, changed course in the case was because of concerns their initial indictment miscast Campbell's role in the investigation.

The original indictments and affidavits portrayed Campbell as a "victim" who became a confidential witness after the Russians tried to "extort" him in summer 2009 into a kickback scheme, court records show.

In fact, Campbell was an informant deeply controlled by FBI counterintelligence starting when he signed a nondisclosure agreement in January 2008, more than a year before Mikerin engaged him in the criminal activity, the FBI's records show.

Campbell was inserted inside Mikerin's world specifically to look for criminal activity and other harmful national security actions by the Russians, starting with undercover work he performed as a consultant contracting with a lobbying firm in 2008 and then inside Tenex starting in 2009, according to documents and memos.

Campbell's regular debriefings dating to 2008 show the nature of some of his undercover work, including making surreptitious recordings and collecting documents well before the first money laundering started inside Tenex in 2009. He also had a long history of collaboration with U.S. intelligence, including the FBI, that predated his case, sources told The Hill.

To facilitate his cover, Campbell made a cash payment in summer 2009 to a Russian consultant after he secured the Tenex consulting contract. His Russian colleagues demanded he hire the overseas consultant to better learn the company's strategy and how the Russians preferred to receive their consulting reports, sources said.

The transaction later worried prosecutors in the criminal case because they feared it might muddy their case of extortion against Mikerin because the voluntary payment was made only shortly before the kickback demands started, the sources said.

The prosecutors also faced another concern about the case unrelated to Campbell, the sources said.

When Fisk - one of the main targets of their bribery investigation - died in 2011, the FBI did not execute a grand jury subpoena to capture all of his evidence. Instead, agents asked his widow for permission to voluntarily search his computer hard drive and remove the documents the agents wanted.

The hard drive was subsequently discarded before the criminal charges were filed, leaving it unavailable for defense lawyers to search, the sources said. Defense lawyers pounced on the revelation late in the case, court records show.

At the time, Fisk was a larger than life figure inside the Russian nuclear industry, having headed the trucking firm that moved uranium across the United States on behalf of Rosatom. Campbell helped the FBI document that both Fisk, starting in 2004, and a successor, starting in 2011, at the trucking firm were paying bribes to the Russians, the records show.

During 2010, Fisk was transitioning from the trucking firm to become a key strategist for Tenex and Mikerin, advising them on the Russian nuclear industry's aggressive push to expand its business in the United States.

Sources said the recasting of the prosecution in 2015 had much to do with avoiding exposing the extensive nature of the FBI counterintelligence operations that involved Campbell.

"This isn't really about his credibility or work, which generated leads we relied on well into 2016. Often times, CI investigations are focused first on monitoring and stopping activity that threatens U.S. security and the consequences to later criminal case are a secondary concern," said one source familiar with the probe. "That's the reality of a dirty business."

Asked whether the criminal side of the Justice Department knew about Campbell's work, including its origins to 2008 and its possible ties to Uranium One, a source with direct knowledge said the prosecutors acquired all of Campbell's emails as part of a 2015 agreement he signed. Justice also had access to Campbell's emails recovered from Fisk's computers in 2011 as well as documents Campbell gave during debriefings that started in 2008, the source added.

The sources familiar with the full body of Campbell's work said they expect he can provide significant new information to Congress.

"Will he be able to prove that we knew Russia was engaged in criminal conduct before Uranium One was approved? You bet," the source said. "Were the Russians using political influence and pulling political levers to try to win stuff from the U.S. government? You bet. Was he perfect? No one in this line of work is. But we were focused on much larger issues than just that."

Campbell endured significant stress during his time undercover and suffered a handful of episodes related to drinking, resulting in two misdemeanor reckless driving charges and one misdemeanor driving under the influence, his lawyer said.

Attorney Victoria Toensing told The Hill that the FBI was fully aware of the drinking incidents and continued to use her client for many years after.

"Until he began working undercover for the U.S. government in his early 60s, Mr. Campbell had an unblemished driving record," she said. "However, the pressure of living a double life and being threatened by the Russians if he violated their trust took a toll.

"Additionally, there were numerous occasions where he was required to meet socially with the Russians, who were prodigious imbibers of vodka. Any refusal by him to participate could have compromised his cover. Mr. Campbell has not had any driving or drinking issue since 2014 when he ceased working undercover."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/361276-fbi-informant-gathered-years-of-evidence-on-russian-push-for-us?amp

TSA
12-21-2017, 04:23 PM

Chris
12-21-2017, 04:26 PM
OOPS!

Pavlov
12-21-2017, 04:31 PM
943939960482291712:lol Same guy reported det massive vote fraud in Alabama.

TSA
01-12-2018, 09:39 PM
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-president-maryland-based-transportation-company-indicted-11-counts-related-foreign

Mark Lambert, 54, of Mount Airy, Maryland, was charged in an 11-count indictment with one count of conspiracy to violate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and to commit wire fraud, seven counts of violating the FCPA, two counts of wire fraud and one count of international promotion money laundering. The charges stem from an alleged scheme to bribe Vadim Mikerin, a Russian official at JSC Techsnabexport (TENEX), a subsidiary of Russia's State Atomic Energy Corporation and the sole supplier and exporter of Russian Federation uranium and uranium enrichment services to nuclear power companies worldwide, in order to secure contracts with TENEX.

The case against Lambert is assigned to U.S. District Court Judge Theodore D. Chuang of the District of Maryland.

According to the indictment, beginning at least as early as 2009 and continuing until October 2014, Lambert conspired with others at "Transportation Corporation A" to make corrupt and fraudulent bribery and kickback payments to offshore bank accounts associated with shell companies, at the direction of, and for the benefit of, a Russian official, Vadim Mikerin, in order to secure improper business advantages and obtain and retain business with TENEX. In order to effectuate and conceal the corrupt and fraudulent bribe payments, Lambert and others allegedly caused fake invoices to be prepared, purportedly from TENEX to Transportation Corporation A, that described services that were never provided, and then Lambert and others caused Transportation Corporation A to wire the corrupt payments for those purported services to shell companies in Latvia, Cyprus and Switzerland. Lambert and others also allegedly used code words like "lucky figures," "LF," "lucky numbers," and "cake" to describe the payments in emails to the Russian official at his personal email account. The indictment also alleges that Lambert and others caused Transportation Corporation A to overbill TENEX by building the cost of the corrupt payments into their invoices, and TENEX thus overpaid for Transportation Corporation A's services.

Pavlov
01-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Just as you predicted!

Oh wait. You didn't.

Pavlov
01-13-2018, 12:44 PM
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-president-maryland-based-transportation-company-indicted-11-counts-related-foreign

Mark Lambert, 54, of Mount Airy, Maryland, was charged in an 11-count indictment with one count of conspiracy to violate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and to commit wire fraud, seven counts of violating the FCPA, two counts of wire fraud and one count of international promotion money laundering. The charges stem from an alleged scheme to bribe Vadim Mikerin, a Russian official at JSC Techsnabexport (TENEX), a subsidiary of Russia's State Atomic Energy Corporation and the sole supplier and exporter of Russian Federation uranium and uranium enrichment services to nuclear power companies worldwide, in order to secure contracts with TENEX.

The case against Lambert is assigned to U.S. District Court Judge Theodore D. Chuang of the District of Maryland.

According to the indictment, beginning at least as early as 2009 and continuing until October 2014, Lambert conspired with others at "Transportation Corporation A" to make corrupt and fraudulent bribery and kickback payments to offshore bank accounts associated with shell companies, at the direction of, and for the benefit of, a Russian official, Vadim Mikerin, in order to secure improper business advantages and obtain and retain business with TENEX. In order to effectuate and conceal the corrupt and fraudulent bribe payments, Lambert and others allegedly caused fake invoices to be prepared, purportedly from TENEX to Transportation Corporation A, that described services that were never provided, and then Lambert and others caused Transportation Corporation A to wire the corrupt payments for those purported services to shell companies in Latvia, Cyprus and Switzerland. Lambert and others also allegedly used code words like "lucky figures," "LF," "lucky numbers," and "cake" to describe the payments in emails to the Russian official at his personal email account. The indictment also alleges that Lambert and others caused Transportation Corporation A to overbill TENEX by building the cost of the corrupt payments into their invoices, and TENEX thus overpaid for Transportation Corporation A's services.How does this arrest fit into your conspiracy theory, TSA?

TSA
01-13-2018, 12:58 PM
How does this arrest fit into your conspiracy theory, TSA?

Indictments are being unsealed. The investigation is reopened.

Pavlov
01-13-2018, 01:00 PM
Indictments are being unsealed. The investigation is reopened.What makes you think it was ever closed, TSA?

Be specific.

TSA
01-13-2018, 01:06 PM
What makes you think it was ever closed, TSA?

Be specific.

I assumed it was reopened after hearing Sessions announcement in taking another look at Uranium One. It’s being looked at again with a fresh set of eyes and no DOJ/FBI to run interference.

Pavlov
01-13-2018, 01:07 PM
I assumed it was reopened after hearing Sessions announcement in taking another look at Uranium One. It’s being looked at again with a fresh set of eyes and no DOJ/FBI to run interference.:lmao Sessions IS the DOJ, you idiot.

Hoo-boy!

TSA
01-13-2018, 01:10 PM
:lmao Sessions IS the DOJ, you idiot.

Hoo-boy!

Obviously talking about when it was investigated before Sessions was AG dipshit. You’re shook and not thinking straight.

Pavlov
01-13-2018, 01:15 PM
Obviously talking about when it was investigated before Sessions was AG dipshit. You’re shook and not thinking straight.:lol you're the one demanding I explain someone else's conspiracy to you.

My only Uranium One theory was that the criminal charges were kept on the down low because it was an ongoing investigation. This arrest actually supports that.

What was your Uranium One conspiracy theory again?

TSA
01-13-2018, 09:11 PM
:lol you're the one demanding I explain someone else's conspiracy to you.

My only Uranium One theory was that the criminal charges were kept on the down low because it was an ongoing investigation. This arrest actually supports that.

What was your Uranium One conspiracy theory again?

My theory has been stated here before, no need to repeat or speculate on the matter further.

TSA
01-13-2018, 09:11 PM

Pavlov
01-13-2018, 09:12 PM
My theory has been stated here before no need to repeatOK, link it so those interested can refresh their memories.

koriwhat
01-13-2018, 10:02 PM
OK, link it so those interested can refresh their memories.

there's a search function above entitled loon. learn to use it.

Pavlov
01-13-2018, 10:04 PM
there's a search function above entitled loon. learn to use it.I'm sure he can find it much easier than I can. It's his conspiracy theory. Don't get all worked up and emotional about my conversation with someone else.

koriwhat
01-13-2018, 10:06 PM
I'm sure he can find it much easier than I can. It's his conspiracy theory. Don't get all worked up and emotional about my conversation with someone else.

you're going to keep up with "emotional" shtick huh? seems fitting for such a baby like yourself.

Pavlov
01-13-2018, 10:06 PM
you're going to keep up with "emotional" shtick huh? seems fitting for such a baby like yourself.As long as you're not getting all worked up and emotional about my conversation with someone else.

koriwhat
01-13-2018, 10:10 PM
As long as your not getting all worked up and emotional about my conversation with someone else.

do whatever you'd like. you just come across as a stuck up dickhead to me but whatever. ask your silly questions and keep claiming this and that about me getting all emotional about any of this. it's all so ridiculous.

Pavlov
01-13-2018, 10:11 PM
do whatever you'd like. you just come across as a stuck up dickhead to me but whatever. ask your silly questions and keep claiming this and that about me getting all emotional about any of this. it's all so ridiculous.As long as you're not getting all worked up and emotional about it.

koriwhat
01-13-2018, 10:13 PM
i'm going to stop getting "all worked up" and just ignore your bitchass from here on out.

Pavlov
01-13-2018, 10:15 PM
i'm going to stop getting "all worked up" and just ignore your bitchass from here on out.Thanks! Will save me some scrolling tbh.

TSA
01-16-2018, 04:12 PM

:wow

Pavlov
01-16-2018, 04:34 PM

:wowExplain the BOOM here if it doesn't make you meltdown, brave patriot.

Chris
01-16-2018, 04:38 PM

Chris
01-16-2018, 10:34 PM

Pavlov
01-16-2018, 10:43 PM
953451644263415808I see he is one of seven judges working in that statutory division.

I won't ask you to explain your conspiracy theory because I know you can't.

Chris
01-16-2018, 10:49 PM
grumble mumble

Pavlov
01-16-2018, 10:53 PM
:cry
What part did you not understand, Chris? I'm happy to explain my post to you.

Chucho
01-17-2018, 12:22 AM
Thanks! Will save me some scrolling tbh.

But wouldn't you have to ignore him to not see his posts, hence saving you unnecessary scrolling?

TSA
02-08-2018, 01:00 AM
Uranium One informant makes Clinton allegations in testimony

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372861-uranium-one-informant-makes-clinton-allegations-in-testimony?amp&__twitter_impression=true

boutons_deux
02-08-2018, 01:21 PM
TSA getting fucked hard by another radoactive pizzagate

Chris
02-26-2018, 04:49 PM
FBI Informant Campbell Tells How Russians Bragged That the Clintons Would Deliver the Uranium Sale

The lawyer for FBI informant William Campbell said that her client has told congressional committees that the Russians “bragged that the Clintons’ influence in the Obama Administration would ensure CIFUS (Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States) approval for [the] Uranium One deal.”

And, added attorney Victoria Toensing, her client “was right.”

Before CIFUS, on which Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sat, approved the Uranium One deal, nine investors in Uranium One gave the Clinton Foundation a combined total of $145 million.

The deal called for the United States to allow Russia to purchase 20 percent of our uranium reserves, giving Russia access to vastly more uranium than we have.

Campbell testified that Russia’s goal was to achieve global hegemony over the supply of uranium.

The Russians sought the Uranium One deal very aggressively.

In the years before it came up for CIFUS approval, Russia deployed 10 spies in the United States with a single mission: To get close to Hillary Clinton to get her to approve the Uranium One deal.

Fortunately, the FBI uncovered the nest of spies one year before the deal came up for approval. (The Bureau acted to arrest the spies when it did because one of them had risen to a high position in a company owned by Hillary’s finance chairman.)

Then, to seal the deal, Russian dictator Vladimir Putin arranged for former president Bill Clinton to address the Renaissance Bank in Moscow, an institution closely connected to the Kremlin.

The ex-president was paid a fee (personal income for him and his wife, the secretary of state — in their joint checking account) of $500,000.

To try to keep word of the Uranium One deal under wraps and to bury the story about the Russian spies, FBI Director Robert Mueller arranged for the suspects to take plea bargains admitting to minor offenses and then spirited them out of the country quickly — in a prisoner exchange with Russia — before the media could interrogate them. The spies were arrested during the Labor Day weekend and sentenced over Christmas to minimize media coverage.

The Uranium One investigation has great salience in today’s news since the two attorneys who oversaw the investigation into the sale were current Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and recently ousted Deputy Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe.

Mueller, as FBI director, was in ultimate charge.

Rosenstein and McCabe need to be investigated to determine if their handling of the Uranium One case was designed to shield Hillary.

Clinton’s role in the uranium sale only gained public notoriety after author Peter Schweizer exposed it in his 2015 book, “Clinton Cash.”

Dick Morris is a former adviser to President Bill Clinton as well as a political author, pollster and consultant. His most recent book, “Rogue Spooks,” was written with his wife, Eileen McGann.

https://www.westernjournal.com/fbi-informant-campbell-tells-russians-bragged-clintons-deliver-uranium-sale/

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 04:51 PM
FBI Informant Campbell Tells How Russians Bragged That the Clintons Would Deliver the Uranium SaleSo Trump said he was going to rescind the sale, right?

Since it's evil?

Right?

lol "joint checking account"

Chris
02-26-2018, 04:53 PM
nine investors in Uranium One gave the Clinton Foundation a combined total of $145 million.

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 04:56 PM
nine investors in Uranium One gave the Clinton Foundation a combined total of $145 million.
And?

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:15 PM
And?

Really Chris! Purely circumstantial. Chump says there is no possible conflict of interest there.

RandomGuy
02-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Explain the BOOM here if it doesn't make you meltdown, brave patriot.

BOOM goes the uranium sprinkles for the pizza.

https://pics.me.me/early-italian-nuclear-test-colourized-1957-itsa-me-depleted-uranium-14328929.png

Chris
02-26-2018, 05:17 PM
Really Chris! Purely circumstantial. Chump says there is no possible conflict of interest there.

I've given up tbh :lol

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Really Chris! Purely circumstantial. Chump says there is no possible conflict of interest there.OK, CC. Explain the approval process, describe this "conflict of interest" and how it affected that process.

I'm sure you won't do it.

You just deal in innuendo like the others.

RandomGuy
02-26-2018, 05:19 PM

I agree conflicts of interest are very concerning. I am glad you want to talk about them.

Has Trump released his tax returns yet?

OR given up direct control of his businesses?

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:19 PM
I've given up tbh :lolYou never tried, Chris.

Post innuendo, then run away when questioned.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:20 PM
OK, CC. Explain the approval process, describe this "conflict of interest" and how it affected that process.

I'm sure you won't do it.

You just deal in innuendo like the others.

No problem Chump. We will take your word for it that the Clintons are pure as snow. Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Chump says everything is on the up and up. Go blue team!

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:22 PM
I agree conflicts of interest are very concerning. I am glad you want to talk about them.

Im pretty sure he hasnt taken hundreds of millions of bribes from the Russians.

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:23 PM
No problem Chump. We will take your word for it that the Clintons are clean as snow. Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Chump says everything is on the up and up. Go blue team!Explain the approval process, describe this "conflict of interest" and how it affected that process.

Here's your chance, CC. Show everyone your extensive knowledge about the Uranium One sale!

I know you're going to prove you're not full of shit, right?

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:24 PM
Explain the approval process, describe this "conflict of interest" and how it affected that process.

Here's your chance, CC. Show everyone your extensive knowledge about the Uranium One sale!

I know you're going to prove you're not full of shit, right?

No need to get defensive, Chump. Your assurance is good enough for us! Go blue team!

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:26 PM
No need to get defensive, Chump. Your assurance is good enough for us! Go blue team!All you have to say is you don't know what you're talking about again.

Why not just say you don't know what you're talking about?

Otherwise, explain the approval process, describe this "conflict of interest" and how it affected that process.

One or the other.

Chris
02-26-2018, 05:27 PM

typical whataboutism :lol

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:29 PM
All you have to say is you don't know what you're talking about again.

You are right Chump. Im sure those Uranium One guys just gave them 150 million not expecting anything in return. We believe you. Go blue team!

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:30 PM
You are right Chump. Im sure those Uranium One guys just gave them 150 million not expecting anything in return. We believe you. Go blue team!You're a pouty, passive-aggressive little girl.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:34 PM
You're a pouty, passive-aggressive little girl.
Why get angry Chump? We are agreeing with you. You say the Clintons are pure as snow and dont take bribes...who are we to question your infinite knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors after 150 million dollar payments? Go blue team!

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:36 PM
Im very glad Chump trusts his government 100%. They all have our best interests at heart! God bless America!

Chris
02-26-2018, 05:36 PM
You're a pouty, passive-aggressive little girl.

That psychological projection thingy :lol

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:37 PM
Why get angry Chump? We are agreeing with you. You say the Clintons are pure as snow and dont take bribes...who are we to question your infinite knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors after 150 million dollar payments? Go blue team!

Im very glad Chump trusts his government 100%. They all have our best interests at heart! God bless America!All you have to say is you don't know what you're talking about again.

Otherwise, explain the approval process, describe this "conflict of interest" and how it affected that process.

One or the other.

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:38 PM
That psychological projection thingy :lolAll you have to say is you don't know what you're talking about again.

One or the other.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:39 PM

One or the other.
Why should I do that, Chump? You told us everything is OK. Nothing to see here, right? Go blue team!

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:40 PM
Why should I do that, Chump? You told us everything is OK. Nothing to see here, right? Go blue team!You obviously don't believe that, so quit the little girl act.

One or the other.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:43 PM
I don't understand, Chump. It's not OK to just take your word that the Clintons are squeaky clean and would never take a bribe? Go blue team!

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:46 PM
I don't understand, Chump. It's not OK to just take your word that the Clintons are squeaky clean and would never take a bribe?Wow, it's getting easier and easier to shut you down. I called you out and you folded.

One or the other.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:48 PM
Chum, you should really see a doctor about your anxiety. They have pills for that. Go blue team!

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:50 PM
Chum, you should really see a doctor about your anxiety. They have pills for that. Go blue team!All I see is your making this about me and totally abandoning your claims about the Uranium One sale.

lol CC

Typical Trump supporter. Just a spineless follower.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:53 PM
You clearly feel very strongly about the Clintons honesty and trustworthiness. I wasnt trying to upset you. Go blue team!

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:54 PM
You clearly feel very strongly about the Clintons honesty and trustworthiness. I wasnt trying to upset you. Go blue team!Nope, I'm all for prosecuting them to the fullest extent of the law if they did anything against the law in the Uranium One deal.

Did they do anything against the law in the Uranium One deal, CC?

Yes or no.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 05:57 PM
Nope, I'm all for prosecuting them to the fullest extent of the law if they did anything against the law in the Uranium One deal.

Yes or no.
Really? You think they could have taken a bribe? Say it isnt so!

Chris
02-26-2018, 05:57 PM
You clearly feel very strongly about the Clintons honesty and trustworthiness. I wasnt trying to upset you. Go blue team!

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 05:58 PM
Really? You think they could have taken a bribe? Say it isnt so!Did they do anything against the law in the Uranium One deal, CC?

Yes or no.

Simple question, CC.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 06:01 PM

Yes or no.

Simple question, CC.

I dont know. Do you?

Maybe we should investigate it?

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 06:02 PM
If there is an investigation, will you be a witness to their honesty and trustworthiness? You obviously have inside information. Go blue team!

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 06:03 PM
I dont know. Do you?

Maybe we should investigate it?Investigate what? That brings us right back to the thing you've been dodging all along:

Explain the approval process, describe this "conflict of interest" and how it affected that process.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 06:08 PM
So Chum, you arent the least bit curious of what the Russians bought for 150 million?

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 06:11 PM
So Chum, you arent the least bit curious of what the Russians bought for 150 million?Well, you got a basic, foundational fact completely wrong right there, so that shows you're pretty ignorant about this whole thing.

I'll read it if you can do it in your own words.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2018, 06:13 PM
Chum, take you prozac and chill. Gotta run now. Going to the lake. Go blue team!

Chris
02-26-2018, 06:13 PM
Pavlov with the typical non-answer/smear while demanding an essay from CC :lol

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 06:16 PM
Chum, take you prozac and chill. Gotta run now. Going to the lake. Go blue team!:lol You failed just as I predicted.

Pavlov with the typical non-answer/smear while demanding an essay from CC :lolSorry, he was wrong on a basic fact.

As are you most of the time.

If you think there's a crime here, that's what you have to describe to even start an investigation.

Neither of you can do it. That's all.

Chris
02-26-2018, 06:20 PM
If you think there's a crime here, that's what you have to describe to even start an investigation.

Neither of you can do it. That's all.

There's already an investigation. Sounds you like you are pretty ignorant of this whole thing.

Chris
02-26-2018, 06:22 PM
I'll throw you a couple of bones.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

Rather than bring immediate charges in 2010, however, the Department of Justice (DOJ) continued investigating the matter for nearly four more years, essentially leaving the American public and Congress in the dark about Russian nuclear corruption on U.S. soil during a period when the Obama administration made two major decisions benefiting Putin’s commercial nuclear ambitions.

The investigation was ultimately supervised by then-U.S. Attorney Rod Rosenstein, an Obama appointee who now serves as President Trump’s deputy attorney general, and then-Assistant FBI Director Andrew McCabe, now the deputy FBI director under Trump, Justice Department documents show.

Both men now play a key role in the current investigation into possible, but still unproven, collusion between Russia and Donald Trump’s campaign during the 2016 election cycle. McCabe is under congressional and Justice Department inspector general investigation in connection with money his wife’s Virginia state Senate campaign accepted in 2015 from now-Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe at a time when McAuliffe was reportedly under investigation by the FBI.

The connections to the current Russia case are many. The Mikerin probe began in 2009 when Robert Mueller, now the special counsel in charge of the Trump case, was still FBI director. And it ended in late 2015 under the direction of then-FBI Director James Comey, whom Trump fired earlier this year.

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 06:24 PM
There's already an investigation. Sounds you like you are pretty ignorant of this whole thing.Actually, they're investigating whether to investigate again.

You just proved you are pretty ignorant of this whole thing.

RandomGuy
02-26-2018, 06:52 PM
So Chum, you arent the least bit curious of what the Russians bought for 150 million?

So, you're concerned abou5t conflicts of interest now?

How much is the Bank of China currently paying Trump, and for what? Trump suddenly doesn't care about "currency manipulation".

Doesn't that strike you as odd?

RandomGuy
02-26-2018, 06:54 PM
But that's all small potatoes. The real money in the Trump empire comes from commercial tenants like the Chinese bank. Forbes estimates these tenants pay a collective $175 million a year or so to the president. And they do so anonymously. Federal laws, drafted without envisioning a real estate billionaire as president, require Trump to publicly disclose the shell companies he owns--but not the hundreds of businesses pouring money into them or even the extent of the money involved.

"The public reading the [disclosure] form doesn't know who is paying the president," says Walter Shaub, who resigned as the federal government's top ethics official in July. The president likes it that way. Neither the White House nor the Trump Organization would provide a list of the president's tenants, much less reveal what they pay. Instead, Trump Organization lawyer Alan Garten provided a statement: "Following the election, the Trump Organization implemented a rigorous vetting process for all transactions, including leases, which includes a detailed review and approval by our chief compliance officer and outside ethics advisor." In other words, government ethics officials, charged with detecting conflicts of interest, have never seen the president's rent roll.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2018/02/13/trump-conflicts-of-interest-tenants-donald-business-organization-real-estate-assets-pay/

Trump is raking in $175 million PER YEAR from business tenants, including the Bank of China.

Who is paying him? Why?

RandomGuy
02-27-2018, 12:02 PM
That question shut this shit down in a hurry.

Chris
02-27-2018, 07:02 PM
Your "what about Trump?!" didn't shut anything down. No one wants to respond to your crazy ass :lol

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2018, 07:10 PM
X2 not worth responding. So blue he could be a smurf.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 11:53 AM
X2 not worth responding. So blue he could be a smurf.

So, basically you only care about conflicts of interest if it was a Democrat that MIGHT have done it when linked to a charity, but when you have a sitting president handing out jobs to relatives, and directly benefitting from attempts to sway him through his business interests you don't give a shit.

... and *I'm* the hack. :rolleyes

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Your "what about Trump?!" didn't shut anything down. No one wants to respond to your crazy ass :lol

Trump president, not Hillary you stupid mother fucker. That makes his shit automatically more important.

If, that is, you care about the country more than you do a political party, which I do not think you do.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 12:21 PM

"the fraction of anonymous purchases of [Trump] properties through shell companies has ‘skyrocketed’ from 4 to 70 percent."

What is the president hiding?

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 02:04 PM
Investigate what? That brings us right back to the thing you've been dodging all along:

Maybe he could explain this little sniglet too.

https://pics.me.me/both-parties-are-the-same-91-criminal-activity-in-the-28737813.png

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 02:18 PM
source for that statistic?

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 02:25 PM
source for that statistic?

been looking for it. saw the sniglet somewhere. Given the source, I am somewhat skeptical that it is that stilted.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 02:29 PM
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/11/1619079/-Comparing-Presidential-Administrations-by-Arrests-and-Convictions-A-Warning-for-Trump-Appointees

In comparing scandals by administration, first I had to decide what constituted a scandal. How many were genuine problems versus those artificially hyped by opposition parties. Benghazi? Whitewater? Travelgate?

Even when someone was forced to resign over a scandal, how much of that was politically motivated rather than a criminal issue, like Joycelyn Elders’ masturbation comments or Shirley Sherrod’s firing over what turned out to be a doctored video?

I ultimately relied on Wikipedia’s list of federal political scandals in the U.S., but limited it to only the executive branch scandals that actually resulted in a criminal indictment. I also decided to only go back as far as Richard Nixon, whose participation in Watergate ultimately resulted in him being the only sitting president to ever resign. This lets many other scandal-ridden administrations off the hook—notably that of Warren Harding and the Teapot Dome scandal, and of Ulysses S. Grant and the Whiskey Ring and Black Friday scandals—but so be it.

The chart below only includes people who served in the administration, and excludes others (like members of Congress and private individuals) who may have also been swept up and indicted for the same scandal. The “Convictions” list includes both those who went to trial and were found guilty as well as those who plea bargained and pleaded guilty. The “Prison Sentences” should be considered a minimum figure, as Wikipedia's list wasn’t always clear on penalties and I wasn’t able to look all of the unclear ones up.

----------------------------------

He goes into great length as to methodology. Not perfect, but a really really good start.

It checks out for the most part.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 02:30 PM
Really good reading that.

A warning to the Trump administration
Donald Trump’s nominees are already in danger. Trump already has a reputation for deliberately fostering conflicts and rivalries among his subordinates. Somehow he survived despite this behavior in the boardroom, and naturally thrived on it in his reality television career—many viewers turn in to see conflict, not cooperation. But in the White House, it will be a disaster. Enemies will seek to undermine their rivals, and that will mean leaks, investigations (by journalists if Congress shirks its duty), and potential criminal indictments even if the Justice Department turns a blind eye. (Not just one but two of Nixon’s attorneys general ended up going to jail, so a compliant Department of Justice isn’t protection.)

Trump’s own potential conflicts are too numerous to list, and while the president is exempt from some conflicts of interest laws, it’s not a blanket immunity, especially for things in the Constitution like the Emoluments Clause. (How many of us had even heard of that clause before this election? I only knew of it vaguely as a prohibition of elected officials to accept Titles of Nobility while still in office—Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush’s British knighthoods came after they left office and Dwight Eisenhower’s were awarded before he became president for his leadership in World War II, for which he nevertheless needed congressional authorization at the time since he was still serving in the military.)

But as I mentioned before, his nominees are at great personal risk if their nominations are rushed through before FBI or Office of Government Ethics review. A conflict that is revealed after they take office could result in criminal indictments. And while President Trump could pardon them for criminal violations (but not civil acts), that only applies to federal charges, not those filed under other state laws, should there be any. And how many pardons can he issue before his own support erodes? Yes, some of his most rabid supporters won’t care (but still want to seek criminal charges against Democrats who didn’t even commit any crimes). But his winning edge in the states that pushed him over the Electoral College top came from a lot of undecided voters who broke for him in the final week (or eleven days, specifically) but won’t stay loyal if scandals grow. (Already, “voted for you Trump“ on Twitter reveals a lot of his disgruntled voters telling him they voted for him but want him to stop tweeting, vet his nominees with proper ethics review, address the Russian hacking issue, and other expressions of disappointment.)

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 02:31 PM
https://images.dailykos.com/images/349120/large/Crimes_by_Admin_Party_comp.png?1484243322

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 02:33 PM
his methodology is treating the wikipedia list as exhaustive tbh

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 02:39 PM
his methodology is treating the wikipedia list as exhaustive tbh

My thoughts exactly. It isn't and that is a pretty big flaw.

Wiki will have the larger scandals though, and is likely to be fairly close to a working number that might be revealed by a more exhaustive search.

That actual working number would have to be off by a LOT to skew that in a way that the obvious trend noted there, i.e. Republican administrations always have more criminality, to be reversed or obviated.

Chris
02-28-2018, 05:30 PM
Trump president, not Hillary you stupid mother fucker. That makes his shit automatically more important.

If, that is, you care about the country more than you do a political party, which I do not think you do.

This thread is about Uranium One. Try to stay on topic please. :tu

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 05:34 PM
This thread is about Uranium One. Try to stay on topic please. :tu

Why is Uranium One important again? Why should we care?

TSA
02-28-2018, 05:36 PM

If you don’t care don’t post ITT...unless you want to continue on whataboutisming

Pavlov
02-28-2018, 05:45 PM
If you don’t care don’t post ITT...unless you want to continue on whataboutismingYou didn't answer his questions though.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 05:48 PM

"Officials in at least four countries have privately discussed ways they can manipulate Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, by taking advantage of his complex business arrangements, financial difficulties, and lack of foreign policy experience, according to current and former U.S. officials familiar with intelligence reports on the matter.

Among those nations discussing ways to influence Kushner to their advantage were the United Arab Emirates, China, Israel and Mexico, the current and former officials said."

But no, conflicts of interest are only important for Democrats, right?

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 05:52 PM
If you don’t care don’t post ITT...unless you want to continue on whataboutisming

I love talking about conflicts of interest.

Uranium One made up scandal is about a conflict of interest as far as I can tell. whether your stupid ass can wrap your flea brain around that, Trump is orders of magnitude worse.

So maybe you can answer the critical thinking question straight:

Why is "Uranium One" scandal important? What makes is scandalous. Do tell, stupid mother fucker.

Chris
02-28-2018, 05:52 PM
What about Kushner?!

TSA
02-28-2018, 05:54 PM
You didn't answer his questions though.

Sessions revived the probe of Uranium One. No one is telling you to care or forcing you to post ITT.

RandomGuy
What about Kushner?!

Why is Uranium One a scandal, mother fucker?

Pavlov
Sessions revived the probe of Uranium One. No one is telling you to care or forcing you to post ITT.Sessions is investigating whether to investigate.

You didn't answer his questions though.

koriwhat
02-28-2018, 05:55 PM

Uranium One made up scandal is about a conflict of interest as far as I can tell. whether your stupid ass can wrap your flea brain around that, Trump is orders of magnitude worse.

Why is "Uranium One" scandal important? What makes is scandalous. Do tell, stupid mother fucker.

not quite sure but thinking mueller is some sort of beacon of justice and truth is akin to being another good little sheep. tout your masters around and hold them up on their gold pedestals!

Pavlov
02-28-2018, 05:55 PM
not quite sure but thinking mueller is some sort of beacon of justice and truth is akin to being another good little sheep. tout your masters around and hold them up on their gold pedestals!What have you got against Mueller?

Be specific.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 05:56 PM
not quite sure but thinking mueller is some sort of beacon of justice and truth is akin to being another good little sheep. tout your masters around and hold them up on their gold pedestals!

Speaking of stupid mother fuckers.

Why is Uranium One a scandal again? What makes it bad. Be specific, if you can string together enough syllables.

Chris
02-28-2018, 05:59 PM

I'll throw you a couple of bones.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

Rather than bring immediate charges in 2010, however, the Department of Justice (DOJ) continued investigating the matter for nearly four more years, essentially leaving the American public and Congress in the dark about Russian nuclear corruption on U.S. soil during a period when the Obama administration made two major decisions benefiting Putin’s commercial nuclear ambitions.

The investigation was ultimately supervised by then-U.S. Attorney Rod Rosenstein, an Obama appointee who now serves as President Trump’s deputy attorney general, and then-Assistant FBI Director Andrew McCabe, now the deputy FBI director under Trump, Justice Department documents show.

Both men now play a key role in the current investigation into possible, but still unproven, collusion between Russia and Donald Trump’s campaign during the 2016 election cycle. McCabe is under congressional and Justice Department inspector general investigation in connection with money his wife’s Virginia state Senate campaign accepted in 2015 from now-Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe at a time when McAuliffe was reportedly under investigation by the FBI.

The connections to the current Russia case are many. The Mikerin probe began in 2009 when Robert Mueller, now the special counsel in charge of the Trump case, was still FBI director. And it ended in late 2015 under the direction of then-FBI Director James Comey, whom Trump fired earlier this year.

Since you asked so nicely.

TSA
02-28-2018, 06:02 PM

"An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in a written statement that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in U.S.-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the statement obtained by The Hill that he was told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and more specifically Hillary Clinton."

"Campbell added in the testimony that Russian nuclear officials “told me at various times that they expected APCO to apply a portion of the $3 million annual lobbying fee it was receiving from the Russians to provide in-kind support for the Clintons' Global Initiative."

“The contract called for four payments of $750,000 over twelve months. APCO was expected to give assistance free of charge to the Clinton Global Initiative as part of their effort to create a favorable environment to ensure the Obama administration made affirmative decisions on everything from Uranium One to the U.S.-Russia Civilian Nuclear Cooperation agreement."

“In 2010, officials inside Tenex became interested in helping another Rosatom subsidiary, ARMZ, win Obama administration approval to purchase Uranium One, a Canadian company with massive Kazakh and large U.S. uranium assets,” Campbell said. “Although Tenex and ARMZ are separate subsidiaries, Tenex had its own interest in Uranium One. Tenex would become responsible for finding commercial markets and revenue for those uranium assets once they were mined."

“The emails and documents I intercepted during 2010 made clear that Rosatom’s purchase of Uranium One — for both its Kazakh and American assets — was part of Russia’s geopolitical strategy to gain leverage in global energy markets,” he testified. “I obtained documentary proof that Tenex was helping Rosatom win CFIUS approval, including an October 6, 2010 email … asking me specifically to help overcome opposition to the Uranium One deal.”

“Tenex continues to supply Iran fuel through their Russian company,” Campbell wrote in that 2010 document obtained by The Hill, naming the specific company that was being used to help. “They continue to assist with construction consult [sic] and fabricated assemblies to supply the reactor. Fabricated assemblies require sophisticated engineering and are arranged inside the reactor with the help and consult” of Russians.

“The final fabricators to Iran are being flown by Russian air transport due to the sensitive nature of the equipment,” his 2010 memo to the FBI added.

Campbell told lawmakers he also gave the FBI “documentary proof that officials in Moscow were obtaining restricted copies of IAEA compliance reports on Iranian nuclear inspections, a discovery that appeared to deeply concern my handlers.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372861-uranium-one-informant-makes-clinton-allegations-in-testimony

Any more questions you lazy ass mother fucker?

TSA
02-28-2018, 06:03 PM

You are too kind :bobo

koriwhat
02-28-2018, 06:04 PM
Speaking of stupid mother fuckers.

Why is Uranium One a scandal again? What makes it bad. Be specific, if you can string together enough syllables.

yall haven't quite grasped my political outlook yet have yall? it's fun watching yall guess at what i stand for and against though. very entertaining to say the least.

clambake
02-28-2018, 06:05 PM
yall haven't quite grasped my political outlook yet have yall? it's fun watching yall guess at what i stand for and against though. very entertaining to say the least.

yeah, its a real head scratcher, joey.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 06:08 PM
Why is Uranium One a scandal again? What makes it bad. Be specific, if you can string together enough syllables

So no, you have no idea what the thread is about. Too many syllables.

Sorry I can't write it in simple words with crayons for you.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 06:09 PM
yeah, its a real head scratcher, joey.

Dude is vastly overestimating himself. Donning Kruger in a nutshell. Bet you a solid beer that he thinks he is above average. :lol

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 06:10 PM

smh

That is what, not why. Use your own words. Remember, I can't see the crayon scratching you put on the monitor, you will have to type it out.

clambake
02-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Dude is vastly overestimating himself. Donning Kruger in a nutshell. Bet you a solid beer that he thinks he is above average. :lol

he's not that concerned with issues. he just wants to rub your faggoty liberal face in his shit.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 06:12 PM
"An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in a written statement that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in U.S.-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the statement obtained by The Hill that he was told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and more specifically Hillary Clinton."

"Campbell added in the testimony that Russian nuclear officials “told me at various times that they expected APCO to apply a portion of the $3 million annual lobbying fee it was receiving from the Russians to provide in-kind support for the Clintons' Global Initiative."

“The contract called for four payments of $750,000 over twelve months. APCO was expected to give assistance free of charge to the Clinton Global Initiative as part of their effort to create a favorable environment to ensure the Obama administration made affirmative decisions on everything from Uranium One to the U.S.-Russia Civilian Nuclear Cooperation agreement."

“In 2010, officials inside Tenex became interested in helping another Rosatom subsidiary, ARMZ, win Obama administration approval to purchase Uranium One, a Canadian company with massive Kazakh and large U.S. uranium assets,” Campbell said. “Although Tenex and ARMZ are separate subsidiaries, Tenex had its own interest in Uranium One. Tenex would become responsible for finding commercial markets and revenue for those uranium assets once they were mined."

“The emails and documents I intercepted during 2010 made clear that Rosatom’s purchase of Uranium One — for both its Kazakh and American assets — was part of Russia’s geopolitical strategy to gain leverage in global energy markets,” he testified. “I obtained documentary proof that Tenex was helping Rosatom win CFIUS approval, including an October 6, 2010 email … asking me specifically to help overcome opposition to the Uranium One deal.”

“Tenex continues to supply Iran fuel through their Russian company,” Campbell wrote in that 2010 document obtained by The Hill, naming the specific company that was being used to help. “They continue to assist with construction consult [sic] and fabricated assemblies to supply the reactor. Fabricated assemblies require sophisticated engineering and are arranged inside the reactor with the help and consult” of Russians.

“The final fabricators to Iran are being flown by Russian air transport due to the sensitive nature of the equipment,” his 2010 memo to the FBI added.

Campbell told lawmakers he also gave the FBI “documentary proof that officials in Moscow were obtaining restricted copies of IAEA compliance reports on Iranian nuclear inspections, a discovery that appeared to deeply concern my handlers.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372861-uranium-one-informant-makes-clinton-allegations-in-testimony

Any more questions you lazy ass mother fucker?

That is what, not why.

Lazy copy pasta.

Use your own words. Why should I give a single shit about uranium one?

koriwhat
02-28-2018, 06:13 PM
Why is Uranium One a scandal again? What makes it bad. Be specific, if you can string together enough syllables

idgaf about U1, Russia, NK, PC politics, etc... i just like seeing the discourse of this thread and many others like it.

So no, you have no idea what the thread is about. Too many syllables.

Sorry I can't write it in simple words with crayons for you.

don't be so quick... i know what the U1 scandal is but don't care.

maybe you can write it in code and i will better understand it. Js is preferred.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 06:13 PM
he's not that concerned with issues. he just wants to rub your faggoty liberal face in his shit.

well, duh.

I haven't quite put him on ignore, but I have stopped paying attention. Dude is his own worst enemy.

Pavlov
02-28-2018, 06:14 PM
That is what, not why.

Lazy copy pasta.

Use your own words. Why should I give a single shit about uranium one?BECAUSE MONEY WENT TO CHARITY

WE CANNOT LET THIS STAND

Chris
02-28-2018, 06:15 PM

Why should I give a single shit about uranium one?

RandomGoalPostMoverTourettesGuy

koriwhat
02-28-2018, 06:15 PM

what's below average, average, and above average to you? i bet you vastly overestimate yourself random. set that ego free!

you finally fucking get it!

koriwhat
02-28-2018, 06:16 PM
well, duh.

I haven't quite put him on ignore, but I have stopped paying attention. Dude is his own worst enemy.

you haven't stopped paying attention... this thread is case in point! don't lie to yourself like you lie to all of us.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 06:20 PM

Didn't move the goal posts at all.

I am asking you to say why this is a scandal at all, which you don't seem to be able to do.

So it isn't a scandal to you, or you don't understand it. I lean on the latter.

clambake
02-28-2018, 06:20 PM
you finally fucking get it!

its been clear for quite some time.

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 06:21 PM
BECAUSE MONEY WENT TO CHARITY

WE CANNOT LET THIS STAND

Someone gave some money to charity. That sums it up.

I can see why board conservatives would have a problem. That charity money didn't go to rich CEOs.

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 06:34 PM

lol he asked "why" both times

TSA
02-28-2018, 06:38 PM
That is what, not why.

Lazy copy pasta.

Use your own words. Why should I give a single shit about uranium one?

That’s on you to give a shit or not.

Chris
02-28-2018, 06:42 PM
lol he asked "why" both times

lol not getting it

lol not reading the difference between "why is it a scandal" and "why should I give a shit"

TSA
02-28-2018, 06:46 PM
:lol @ the new why should I give a shit line

koriwhat
02-28-2018, 08:07 PM
its been clear for quite some time.

:tu

RandomGuy
03-01-2018, 12:56 PM
That’s on you to give a shit or not.

So Uranium One is supposed to be some sort of scandal, but you have no clue why.

:lmao

RandomGuy
03-01-2018, 12:59 PM
lol not getting it

lol not reading the difference between "why is it a scandal" and "why should I give a shit"

You don't know why either. :lmao

"Look at this thing that happened".

"okay, why is that a problem?"

"UR so dumb"

:rolleyes

If it were easy to explain you would have done it by now. The only reasonable thing to conclude is that you don't know why, which I find hilarious.

keep running from the question.

boutons_deux
03-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Informant had no evidence Clinton benefited from uranium sale: Democrats

An informant whom House Republicans have said could reveal a link between a 2010 sale of U.S. uranium supplies and donations to the Clinton Foundation provided no evidence of that during a four-hour interview with congressional staff last month, Democrats said on Thursday.

The informant, lobbyist William D. Campbell,

“provided no evidence of a quid pro quo involving Secretary (Hillary) Clinton or the Clinton Foundation and no evidence that Secretary Clinton was involved in, or improperly influenced” the uranium sale,

the Democrats said in a five-page summary of the Feb. 7 interview.

Democrats said they were releasing a summary of the session because majority

Republicans, who control the panels, refused to provide a full transcript. :lol
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-uraniumone/informant-had-no-evidence-clinton-benefited-from-uranium-sale-democrats-idUSKCN1GK2MU?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+%28Reu ters+Politics+News%29

:lol Repugs and ST assholes get huge hardons, then pfffft, erectible dysfunction :lol

Chris
03-08-2018, 09:43 PM

Hannity just confirmed FBI in Arkansas is investigating Clinton Foundation.

Pavlov
03-09-2018, 04:00 AM

Hannity just confirmed FBI in Arkansas is investigating Clinton Foundation.Let me know when Trump reverses the deal and takes the business back from the Russians.

Chris
03-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Let me know when Trump reverses the deal and takes the business back from the Russians.

Yeah, OK.

RandomGuy
03-09-2018, 02:01 PM
:lol @ the new why should I give a shit line

:lol @ pretending to care about the law, but only when he thinks Democrats are involved

Chris
03-09-2018, 03:28 PM