View Full Version : Tony: I don't mind coming off the bench if Pop says so

SAGirl
10-27-2017, 04:09 PM

dabom
10-27-2017, 04:15 PM
:lol

TDomination
10-27-2017, 04:15 PM
Parker is the one that seemed to always refer to Pop as a father more than the other big 3 from what I've seen.

Probably a lot has to do with Pop putting trust in him at 19 yrs of age but also getting after him so much, especially during his first few years.

Because of that, I can see Parker truly taking the backup pg position without complaints if that's what Pop truly wants and asks of him even though we think that he has too much of an ego to accept a backup role

Dex
10-27-2017, 04:21 PM
Let's see the "Porker"stans try to twist this one.

rjv
wouldn't be surprised if that is how it goes in the beginning.

RD2191
I wouldn't mind TP off the bench.

look_at_g_shred
IF************************************************ ************************************************** **********

Dex
10-27-2017, 04:22 PM
wouldn't be surprised if that is how it goes in the beginning.

In all fairness, Murray has to play up to the pressure.

That 15 rebound game was amazing. Following it up with 0/3/3 was not. That's how you lose your spot in the rotation.

bklynspursfan
10-27-2017, 04:25 PM
Let's see the "Porker"stans try to twist this one.

That 15 rebound game was amazing. Following it up with 0/3/3 was not. That's how you lose your spot in the rotation.

Agreed on both.

rjv
10-27-2017, 04:26 PM

That 15 rebound game was amazing. Following it up with 0/3/3 was not. That's how you lose your spot in the rotation. yeah, it will depend on how murray is performing at the time and how far along tony is. pop may not want to alter team chemistry if the team is clicking. on the other hand, if murray regresses and the team is in a funk, that could change how this plays out. but it's definitely a realistic scenario.

NASpurs
10-27-2017, 04:26 PM

It's the Spurs; he's not going to lose his spot by following a great game with a shitty one (let's be real, he's a second-year player and will have inconsistencies). He'll lose his spot if he doesn't do what the coaching staff wants him to do.

wildbill2u
10-27-2017, 04:27 PM
He would only be following the lead of Manu in coming off the bench and to some extent Tim in playing less minutes. This is an ethic that has been drillled into them over their careers and I believe Tony would follow the tradition of what's best for the team.

tonight...you
10-27-2017, 04:30 PM
If he wants to play as long as he wants... he better be willing to come off the damn bench.

picnroll
10-27-2017, 04:31 PM
If he can come back from the injury Parker off the bench >>>>>>> than 50Mills off the bench.

tonight...you
10-27-2017, 04:33 PM
If he can come back from the injury Parker off the bench >>>>>>> than 50Mills off the bench.
I'd like to get paid 50 mil for providing "culture" in a group...
That sounds like a great job!

rjv
10-27-2017, 04:34 PM
If he wants to play as long as he wants... he better be willing to come off the damn bench. definitely, and it will probably be easier to manage his minutes if he comes off the bench as well.

dabom
10-27-2017, 04:34 PM

Porker fluffer spotted. They still exist guys. :lol

Proxy
10-27-2017, 04:38 PM
nice

buttsR4rebounding
10-27-2017, 04:55 PM
He would only be following the lead of Manu in coming off the bench and to some extent Tim in playing less minutes. This is an ethic that has been drillled into them over their careers and I believe Tony would follow the tradition of what's best for the team.

tholdren
10-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Let me see if i can get some attention by name calling.

Snaq O'Meal
10-27-2017, 05:26 PM
I hope he feasts on opposing subs if he's coming off the bench.

tonight...you
10-27-2017, 05:29 PM
I hope he feasts on opposing subs if he's coming off the bench.
Him, Manu and going Gay would be the thing to make a 5 point lead a 15 pointer by the time they left the court.
Hopefully.

coachmac87
10-27-2017, 05:43 PM

Agreed. I've stated numerous times I love his potential like everyone else but for me to create pat on the back threads and acknowledge the "I told you so" people..I need at LEAST a month of solid consistent play..

Spurs don't need to rush Parker back either..the more time Murray has being in rotation or with his current role the better it'll be for the Spurs and Murray

picnroll
10-27-2017, 05:46 PM
I'd like to get paid 50 mil for providing "culture" in a group...
That sounds like a great job!
50Mills and Gasol do great post-game dinner.

UZER
10-27-2017, 06:26 PM
You don't lose your starting job to injury.

:pop:

TheGreatYacht
10-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Murray and Mills willingly giving up that starting spot with their play on the court, now that Parker is nearing his return.

This season hangs on Parker and it's not close

SAGirl
10-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Get well soon Tony.

illusioNtEk
10-27-2017, 07:04 PM
we need mvptony back

get well!!

Uriel
10-27-2017, 07:09 PM
I don't understand why there's so much hate for Tony on this board. He's consistently said all the right things throughout his career. If he has the maturity to take a backup role in light of Murray's ascension, we should celebrate him for that.

TheGreatYacht
10-27-2017, 07:18 PM
I don't understand why there's so much hate for Tony on this board. He's consistently said all the right things throughout his career. If he has the maturity to take a backup role in light of Murray's recession, we should celebrate him for that.
FIFY

Ice009
10-27-2017, 08:14 PM
Don't be silly TP. Deounte is shit scared to even take a jumper. At least TP had the balls to shoot the ball when he was younger and made some of them.

Deounte can't shoot for shit. Doesn't even want to take them. If he didn't take any shots in Summer League, what the fuck were the Spurs expecting he was going to do in the NBA season without working on shooting in game situations. They used the wrong approach with him by trying to turn him into a play maker while leaving him impotent on offense. They should have been telling him to distribute when he can and shoot the ball the rest of the time to work on his jumper in live game situations.

Spurtacular
10-27-2017, 08:18 PM

"As long as I at least play 26 minutes per game," Tony added (under his breath).

duncan2k5
10-27-2017, 08:18 PM
If following up a good game with a trash game is enough to make you not starter material, then Parker didn't deserve his spot last year...

TheGreatYacht
10-27-2017, 08:26 PM
Don't be silly TP. Deounte is shit scared to even take a jumper. At least TP had the balls to shoot the ball when he was younger and made some of them.

Deounte can't shoot for shit. Doesn't even want to take them. If he didn't take any shots in Summer League, what the fuck were the Spurs expecting he was going to do in the NBA season without working on shooting in game situations. They used the wrong approach with him by trying to turn him into a play maker while leaving him impotent on offense. They should have been telling him to distribute when he can and shoot the ball the rest of the time to work on his jumper in live game situations.
Truth bomb. My nig Dejounte playing like a deer in headlights

cd98
10-27-2017, 08:28 PM
If following up a good game with a trash game is enough to make you not starter material, then Parker didn't deserve his spot last year...

Parker doesn’t have careless back breaking turnovers. And he doesn’t get swatted like Murray. Parker is on the major decline, but I bet he plays winning basketball better than Murray.

Chinook
10-27-2017, 08:42 PM

He's likely trending toward net-negative territory in his aggregates after his second dud in a row. The team is still only about half-way through a decent sample size, so I think it's fair to call the results mixed so far.

coachmac87
10-27-2017, 08:45 PM

Spot on...

What makes it even worst is Murray isn't even consistent finishing at the rim..he can penetrate can get by his defender at will but can't consistently make the right play while doing so

SAGirl
10-27-2017, 08:47 PM

Truthfully, I don't know what the spurs were doing with him in SL... even as awful as he was ... and he was SOOO BADDD, he needed to play. He needed to work on his stuff. I thought at the time there were trades potentially involving him or things of that nature.

I also think the Spurs had some hope with Bryn Forbes who is a tremendously good shooter in lower leagues and they decided to make him the man to build confidence. See how Bryn keeps getting opportunities in real games ahead of others ... but I suppose at some point those opportunities will run out if he can't shoot in the NBA.

But at this point it doesn't matter that was summer and this is now. Bryn needs to develop ice in his veins.. and Murray needs a jumper, he already has an aggressive mentality.

Chinook
10-27-2017, 08:52 PM

I actually disagree with this. The goal was not for Murray to start this year. It might not have even been for him to start for the foreseeable future. Tony's injury and the inability to get someone like Paul is what changed that. They did the right thing last year by having him work on his body, in my opinion. While he may still be too skinny, he's big enough to play in the league this time around. This was the year I wanted him to work on a jumper and tightening up his handles. Then next year, he'd would have been able to hold his own offensively as Leonard's number two on the perimeter, and he could keep adding to his game from there.

His timeline got expedited, but the dude is still a project. Folks keep on forgetting that. He's not going to be all the way there yet, but I like him over a guy like Payton or Mudiay in terms of his development curve.

coachmac87
10-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Truthfully, I don't know what the spurs were doing with him in SL... even as awful as he was ... and he was SOOO BADDD, he needed to play. He needed to work on his stuff. I thought at the time there were trades potentially involving him or things of that nature.

I also think the Spurs had some hope with Bryn Forbes who is a tremendously good shooter in lower leagues and they decided to make him the man to build confidence. See how Bryn keeps getting opportunities in real games ahead of others ... but I suppose at some point those opportunities will run out if he can't shoot in the NBA.

But at this point it doesn't matter that was summer and this is now. Bryn needs to develop ice in his veins.. and Murray needs a jumper, he already has an aggressive mentality.

If only we could combine the two :lol

Ice009
10-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Spot on...

What makes it even worst is Murray isn't even consistent finishing at the rim..he can penetrate can get by his defender at will but can't consistently make the right play while doing so

Yep, he takes silly floaters that are looking like low percentage shots. A young TP was a superior player (better finisher, distributor and penetrator) and even though TP wasn't a great shooter, he was still much better shooter than Murray has shown so far.

I have no idea why the Spurs were trying to get him to distribute the ball and play like a PG in Summer League while ignoring the fact that he needs to learn to shoot the ball, and he also needed to practice that said shooting in live game situations.

coachmac87
10-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Yep, he takes silly floaters that are looking like low percentage shots. A young TP was a superior player (better finisher, distributor and penetrator) and even though TP wasn't a great shooter, he was still much better shooter than Murray has shown so far.

I have no idea why the Spurs were trying to get him to distribute the ball and play like a PG in Summer League while ignoring the fact that he needs to learn to shoot the ball, and he also needed to practice that said shooting in live game situations.

Tbh he's still a street ball type of player..doesn't understand pace or how to be effective running sets or making the right plays..but he's trying and learning and his effort has been great... He doesn't even need a 3ball either..just a pull up around the elbow coming around a PNR..if he devolved that the big would be forced to leave the paint or his man and that will lead to better things for Murray.

Note: What the Spurs wanted him to do in Summer league isn't an excuse..working on the skill in the gym is....improving a shot is allllllll about muscle memory and repetition

Ice009
10-27-2017, 09:00 PM
I actually disagree with this. The goal was not for Murray to start this year. It might not have even been for him to start for the foreseeable future. Tony's injury and the inability to get someone like Paul is what changed that. They did the right thing last year by having him work on his body, in my opinion. While he may still be too skinny, he's big enough to play in the league this time around. This was the year I wanted him to work on a jumper and tightening up his handles. Then next year, he'd would have been able to hold his own offensively as Leonard's number two on the perimeter, and he could keep adding to his game from there.

His timeline got expedited, but the dude is still a project. Folks keep on forgetting that. He's not going to be all the way there yet, but I like him over a guy like Payton or Mudiay in terms of his development curve.

I don't disagree with most of what you said, but IMO, I believe he should have been working on his jumper in Summer League and learning to take shots from different spots on the floor. We all know Bryn can shoot, we didn't need to see Bryn shooting the ball so much IMO. There was other areas of Bryn's game he needed more work on such as defense, distributing, running the point. Murray should have gotten more play and more shots up. He has the higher ceiling between Bryn Forbes and himself.

Tbh he's still a street ball type of player..doesn't understand pace or how to be effective running sets or making the right plays..but he's trying and learning and his effort has been great... He doesn't even need a 3ball either..just a pull up around the elbow coming around a PNR..if he devolved that the big would be forced to leave the paint or his man and that will lead to better things for Murray.

That's very true. I should have mentioned that I understand the Spurs were trying to get rid of those streetball habits and turn him into a real player. I just think shooting was a major weakness in his game that should have gotten just as much attention as learning to be a PG seemed to get.

Chinook's take about him working on his body was a good one too. His body does look better prepared to handle the NBA this season compared to last.

SAGirl
10-27-2017, 09:09 PM

I noticed his first few games in preseason as a rookie that he has good court vision but his real desire is to score. He would force shit up over shot blockers sometimes a couple of them while teammates were open on the perimeter or bigs available nearby... just bad decision making. So I think for a PG working on decision making was super important. Him forcing shots while playing with LMA, Kawhi, and a great shooter like Danny, open somewhere was not going to fly. So Pop went to the basics bc that is how incredibly raw he looked at times, ppl forget that. It's been amazing to me how he has been able to distribute and set up PnR passes like we saw in the last game bc we weren't seeing those plays all last season, even in his hot games that ppl cite as evidence of his talent. He just got hot, in some of them he made jumpshots he can't make regularly. But it's a glimpse and that is fine. However, he wasn't really setting up others like I saw him do in prior games.

He still needs to develop a jumper bc obviously even his ability to distribute is going to be impacted by the fact that he can't score so it's a catch 22 and at some point, you'd rather put the ball in someone elses hand, even a less physically gifted player like Mills or Forbes, but who can make a jumpshot (in theory).

spursistan
10-29-2017, 06:24 PM
He has that starting spot locked when he returns until further notice..No need to apologize Tony..

Anyone who thought otherwise :lol..

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2017, 06:30 PM
My nigga Tony getting inserted into the starting lineup on his first game back

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4219138/allhood-blood-walk-o.gif

TD 21
10-29-2017, 06:54 PM
He has that starting spot locked when he returns until further notice..No need to apologize Tony..

Anyone who thought otherwise :lol..

This team is literally trying to win without a PG right now. Murray's not ready and Ginobili can't do it anymore (even last season, in this dire a situation, he probably finds a way to close Pacers out). In comparison to that, it doesn't even matter how finished Parker looks, he can at least run an offense and isn't a non shooter.

Would classify Green and maybe even Paul as more wings than guards, but technically they have 8 guards and the only one who can actually run the team, is 35 (closer to 40 in mileage) and coming off of a devastating injury. They should be embarrassed.

cd98
10-29-2017, 06:54 PM
I think a Parker with an amputated leg is better than the other “point guards” on this roster.

Clipper Nation
10-29-2017, 07:00 PM
My nigga Tony getting inserted into the starting lineup on his first game back

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4219138/allhood-blood-walk-o.gif
Pictured: the rest of the league's reaction when they hear the news that Porker is starting again.

Ice009
10-30-2017, 12:09 AM
Pitty Mills and Deounte Murray. The Spurs have 0 good point guards between these two. 1 + 1 = 0 with these two. I mean, did anyone see that sideways floater Murray tried late in the 4th quarter?

It's fucking beyond me why the Spurs never had him work in his shooting in Summer League.

Also, how many times is Mills going to air ball a 3 with that game on the line? I don't think I've ever air balled a last possession shot before. I may not have hit a lot of them (most of my misses were darn close, a lot of them felt good leaving my hand), but I don't recall ever air balling any. This guy regularly air balls. If you're a shooter, you should be ashamed of yourself air balling last possession shots when you get a decent look at it.

Brazil
10-30-2017, 06:22 AM
nothing new here, he is saying the same damn things forever.. he will do whatever Pop ask him to do.. now it is up to Murray to show he is a starter

MultiTroll
10-30-2017, 06:29 AM
so self sacrificing.

duncan2k5
10-30-2017, 06:53 AM
I find it funny how ppl are mad that murray, who hasnt even played s full season worth of games yet...isnt on the same level as a hall of fame point guard...it is 6 games i to the season...give it time...kawhi couldnt shoot for shit when he came in...so there is hope...the biggest thing is that his defense and confidence stay up because those are constants...offense comes and goes

Ice009
10-30-2017, 07:29 AM
I find it funny how ppl are mad that murray, who hasnt even played s full season worth of games yet...isnt on the same level as a hall of fame point guard...it is 6 games i to the season...give it time...kawhi couldnt shoot for shit when he came in...so there is hope...the biggest thing is that his defense and confidence stay up because those are constants...offense comes and goes

What the fuck are you on about now? Kawhi was a superior shooter to Murray when he first came in. He worked with Chip for a few days before the lockout and came into his rookie season a decent/competent shooter. Kawhi didn't have a picture perfect shot, but he could still make them, so he did have a little bit of a feel for shooting. Chip tweaked his shot, told him what to work on during the lockout and Kawhi did it. He was a much better shooter from the start of his rookie season than what Murray is now in his second season.

duncan2k5
10-30-2017, 10:21 AM
What the fuck are you on about now? Kawhi was a superior shooter to Murray when he first came in. He worked with Chip for a few days before the lockout and came into his rookie season a decent/competent shooter. Kawhi didn't have a picture perfect shot, but he could still make them, so he did have a little bit of a feel for shooting. Chip tweaked his shot, told him what to work on during the lockout and Kawhi did it. He was a much better shooter from the start of his rookie season than what Murray is now in his second season.

Bro... What I wrote wasn't that complicated... Kawhi couldn't shoot for shit WHEN HE CAME IN...what u are telling me about was after he came in and worked with chip... Kawhi wasn't a shooter in college... Not even close... Tony Parker also couldn't shoot... Being slightly "better" at jumpshooting while still being complete shit at it isn't anything noteworthy... Thats like two rapists comparing dick sizes... They're still both rapists... So neither Tony nor kawhi could shoot, and over the years Tony became serviceable, and kawhi became elite... So im saying u can't judge a guy's career six games into his second year... When he has never even played a full season's worth of games, simply because he can't shoot... Things can change, and they can change fast with the right work ethic... I believe he does have that work ethic

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-30-2017, 10:26 AM
The Spurs need Tony back, bench or no. He's still the team's best point guard.

Ice009
10-30-2017, 10:49 AM
Bro... What I wrote wasn't that complicated... Kawhi couldn't shoot for shit WHEN HE CAME IN...what u are telling me about was after he came in and worked with chip... Kawhi wasn't a shooter in college... Not even close... Tony Parker also couldn't shoot... Being slightly "better" at jumpshooting while still being complete shit at it isn't anything noteworthy... Thats like two rapists comparing dick sizes... They're still both rapists... So neither Tony nor kawhi could shoot, and over the years Tony became serviceable, and kawhi became elite... So im saying u can't judge a guy's career six games into his second year... When he has never even played a full season's worth of games, simply because he can't shoot... Things can change, and they can change fast with the right work ethic... I believe he does have that work ethic

Look, what I'm telling you is that Kawhi only worked with Chip Engelland for a few days and then had to work by himself for the rest of the off-season due to the lockout. He became/was a better shooter at the start of his rookie season that Murray is now. Murray's had one and half years to work with Chip on his shooting and he still sucks at it. He's still not as good of a shooter as Kawhi was at the start of his rookie season. It's not about percentages either. You could tell Kawhi had improved him jump shot if you see videos from his college play to the start of his NBA play.

Murray, I can't see any improvement, but it's still a very small sample size so I'll give him a little bit more time to see where he's at. I need to actually see him take some jumpers first, though. Murray shooting the ball has been pretty scarce so far this season. I'll give him some more time, but he's gotta start taking some shots otherwise he'll never improve if he doesn't take them. I'm sick of seeing those horrible floaters from him too. He needs to put that shot away for a while, or only take high percentage ones. He seems to substitute floaters for when he should be taking a jump shot or no shot at all. That's a habit he needs to can.

SAgirl also brought up something that I forgot about and remember being mentioned here a while ago, which was that a poster saw Murray clanging all his shots in warmups before a game. That's not a good sign at all as most NBA players can hit shots during warmups. That rings alarm bells to me. He could be a worse shooter than even I thought. You might have to face the fact that he's a really bad shooter and might not improve a whole lot if he doesn't have a feel for it.

baseline bum
10-30-2017, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't mind TP off the bench.

I wouldn't mind 50 sitting behind the bench tbh

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2017, 12:06 PM
:lmao

duncan2k5
10-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Look, what I'm telling you is that Kawhi only worked with Chip Engelland for a few days and then had to work by himself for the rest of the off-season due to the lockout. He became/was a better shooter at the start of his rookie season that Murray is now. Murray's had one and half years to work with Chip on his shooting and he still sucks at it. He's still not as good of a shooter as Kawhi was at the start of his rookie season. It's not about percentages either. You could tell Kawhi had improved him jump shot if you see videos from his college play to the start of his NBA play.

Murray, I can't see any improvement, but it's still a very small sample size so I'll give him a little bit more time to see where he's at. I need to actually see him take some jumpers first, though. Murray shooting the ball has been pretty scarce so far this season. I'll give him some more time, but he's gotta start taking some shots otherwise he'll never improve if he doesn't take them. I'm sick of seeing those horrible floaters from him too. He needs to put that shot away for a while, or only take high percentage ones. He seems to substitute floaters for when he should be taking a jump shot or no shot at all. That's a habit he needs to can.

SAgirl also brought up something that I forgot about and remember being mentioned here a while ago, which was that a poster saw Murray clanging all his shots in warmups before a game. That's not a good sign at all as most NBA players can hit shots during warmups. That rings alarm bells to me. He could be a worse shooter than even I thought. You might have to face the fact that he's a really bad shooter and might not improve a whole lot if he doesn't have a feel for it.

Fair enough... I agree

duncan2k5
10-30-2017, 04:11 PM

SASdynasty!
10-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Maybe then he can get some of Manu’s “advanced” stat metrics since he will be playing against bench warmers for the first time in his career.

SAGirl
10-30-2017, 05:06 PM

K...
10-30-2017, 05:10 PM

Aww fuck yeah, baby, 20 years,! new loyalty contract!

Brazil
11-03-2017, 08:05 AM
I better be ready to find an adequate sig for my bro dabom tbh...

It seems Tony won't play off the bench for long when he returns :lol

jermaine
11-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Murray a int ready, an Mills is paid.... So Tony P is all we got left. Pop is to stubborn to send Murray to the G League an let Forbes run things.

pgardn
11-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Murray a int ready, an Mills is paid.... So Tony P is all we got left. Pop is to stubborn to send Murray to the G League an let Forbes run things.

Forbes is a #2. He will eventually get eaten alive as well.

The best thing for all involved is for Tony to start at PG if he is capable; Because Patty can't, and Murray is not there...yet, and that's a hopeful yet.

Spurs da champs
11-03-2017, 09:18 AM
How come Pop doesn't chew into Murray like he did Tony?

duncan2k5
11-03-2017, 09:27 AM
Parker is done... Im amazed at how ppl think he is the savior... He was done last year... Play Murray... Parker wasn't ready in his rookie year either... We knew we weren't gonna win shit for a while with him starting, but it was the best decision... Benching Murray to start a worse point guard in mills is counterproductive... Murray needs to play with better Thayer that take the heat off of him... Put him in with the bench scrubs, he will get too much defensive attention

cd98
11-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Disagree. I thought the best move yesterday was playing Murray against second string players to start out the game. He still turned the ball over at an alarming rate and got his stuff blocked, but he played better than he has the last three games. Start Mills and bring Murray off the bench.

duncan2k5
11-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Disagree. I thought the best move yesterday was playing Murray against second string players to start out the game. He still turned the ball over at an alarming rate and got his stuff blocked, but he played better than he has the last three games. Start Mills and bring Murray off the bench.

Question... What rate do u consider Manu's and Mills' turnovers? Are their turnovers better since they been in the league longer? And what about everyone else that was blocked on the spurs? Them getting blocked doesn't count? What is it about Murray that makes everyone else get a pass for doing the same things?

Stabula
11-03-2017, 02:43 PM

He did last night. He's officially a Spur now.

SpurPadre
11-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Because he doesn't fuck teammates' wives?

Chinook
11-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Question... What rate do u consider Manu's and Mills' turnovers? Are their turnovers better since they been in the league longer? And what about everyone else that was blocked on the spurs? Them getting blocked doesn't count? What is it about Murray that makes everyone else get a pass for doing the same things?

Murray has sucked at everything for a while now. Others can get passes for making mistakes because they do other things well or adequately. Murray doesn't do much more than board, and he almost always does that in places where someone else would have gotten the rebound anyway. Mills was an instant improvement as a starter (because Anderson ran the offense tremendously well last night), and Parker would be an improvement over that, even if he's not as good as he was in the playoffs. There a definitely stretches were Murray can play better than either can be expected to play on average. But that hasn't been recent, and it hasn't happened enough to drown out the bad.

spursistan
11-03-2017, 03:26 PM
Parker will be back in the starting lineup, and deservedly so..Nobody has earned it over him IMO..

cd98
11-03-2017, 04:43 PM

Manu and Mills have aggressive turnovers. Murray has careless turnovers, I.e. dribbling into a crowd and getting picked off or lobbing a pass that is easily stolen. They are bad turnovers that Tony Parker, the only true PG on our roster doesn’t do.