View Full Version : Kawhi, please come back

raybies
10-30-2017, 08:54 PM
I know we said we were better without you, and I know I said we were a top 3 team without you. I'm sorry I was wrong and we were wrong. I want you to know we need you and are lost without you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVYxKRXDT2I

drinking some smooth red wine listening to some soul tonight. We could be .500 when the kingslayer comes back...

sananspursfan21
10-30-2017, 09:05 PM
Who's "we"?

I thought it was pretty well agreed upon that this team is better with Kawhi on the floor...

Play Boban
10-30-2017, 09:11 PM
:cry

TheGreatYacht
10-30-2017, 09:14 PM
Speak for yourself faggot.

Anyone without RC jizz in their eyes saw this was a one man team.

raybies
10-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Who's "we"?

I thought it was pretty well agreed upon that this team is better with Kawhi on the floor...
ST wins as a team and loses as a team.

raybies
10-30-2017, 09:17 PM
Speak for yourself faggot.

Anyone without RC jizz in their eyes saw this was a one man team.
Not a one man team. Turnovers and defense are killing us

NASpurs
10-30-2017, 09:17 PM
How long before Kawhi realizes that he's a walking WCF ticket and then sees the shit surrounding him by PATFO handing out loyalty contracts? There's a certain thread about him being concerned about the team's makeup that rings truer every day despite people covering their ears and not wanting to hear it.

sananspursfan21
10-30-2017, 09:19 PM
ST wins as a team and loses as a team.

No no no, you're not dragging me and 98% (guess) of posters into something goofy like actually thinking the team could be long term successful without their MVP quality player. As Cris Carter would say, "c'mon man"

raybies
10-30-2017, 09:20 PM
How long before Kawhi realizes that he's a walking WCF ticket and then sees the shit surrounding him by PATFO handing out loyalty contracts? There's a certain thread about him being concerned about the team's makeup that rings truer every day despite people covering their ears and not wanting to hear it.

For every Pau and Mills they do bring in a Simmons or BP3. It's frustrating though. Seems we've had deadweight on the roster ever since RJ. It's the fact that Pop insists on playing players that are playing like crap.

raybies
10-30-2017, 09:24 PM
No no no, you're not dragging me and 98% (guess) of posters into something goofy like actually thinking the team could be long term successful without their MVP quality player. As Cris Carter would say, "c'mon man"
When guests come here they don't say, dumbnut99 said this on Spurstalk.. it's generalized. So, yeah. I didn't say it either, but I'm taking some responsibility for the oodles of bad karma some of the shit posters rack up on here. We got to do out part here. There's some pure fans in here stayin faithful and we got these troll stinking up the joint, like my man brklynspursfan. That dude deserves fan award here.

sananspursfan21
10-30-2017, 09:26 PM
When guests come here they don't say, dumbnut99 said this on Spurstalk.. it's generalized. So, yeah. I didn't say it either, but I'm taking some responsibility for the oodles of bad karma some of the shit posters rack up on here. We got to do out part here. There's some pure fans in here stayin faithful and we got these troll stinking up the joint, like my man brklynspursfan. That dude deserves fan award here.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I'm gonna pretend to understand that

BillMc
10-30-2017, 09:28 PM
I know we said we were better without you, and I know I said we were a top 3 team without you. I'm sorry I was wrong and we were wrong. I want you to know we need you and are lost without you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVYxKRXDT2I

drinking some smooth red wine listening to some soul tonight. We could be .500 when the kingslayer comes back...
:lol:toast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKPd9GUadxc

raybies
10-30-2017, 09:29 PM
:lol:toast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKPd9GUadxc

LOVE YOU BILL lol listening now :toast

Robz4000
10-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Love Kawhi but he isn't fixing the issues with this team.

SAGirl
10-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Get Well soon Kawhi

YGWHI
10-30-2017, 10:36 PM

He doesn't fix..HE HIDES the issues. That's how this team won games they didn't deserve last regular season, Kawhi's dominant performances and his winning shots.

Robz4000
10-30-2017, 10:38 PM
He doesn't fix..HE HIDES the issues. That's how this team won games they didn't deserve last regular season, Kawhi's dominant performances and his winning shots.

West is a different animal this year and this team has significant flaws it didn't have last year (or at least not as badly as this year) with poor defensive bigs outside LMA, no penetration, and most glaringly, athleticism.

DAF86
10-30-2017, 10:42 PM
All that talk last season about the Spurs' record when Kawhi didn't play without taking into consideration that Pop rested Kawhi against shitty teams. :lol

This is what happens when we don't get to select against which teams Kawhi sits: a. 500 record. Kawhi is the MVP of the entire NBA right now, regardless of who actually wins the award.

DAF86
10-30-2017, 10:45 PM

We are easily 7-1 right now with Kawhi out there. He is THAt good. He is probably the best player in the World right now.

Robz4000
10-30-2017, 10:54 PM
We are easily 7-1 right now with Kawhi out there. He is THAt good. He is probably the best player in the World right now.

Schedule has also been incredibly easy so far, however. It's about to get rougher.

raybies
10-30-2017, 10:55 PM
West is a different animal this year and this team has significant flaws it didn't have last year (or at least not as badly as this year) with poor defensive bigs outside LMA, no penetration, and most glaringly, athleticism.
I agree we do have poor defensive bigs after LMA, but we are getting penetration. Danny is improved, Murray is getting paint touches but he's just bricking most his floaters, Kyle is there and been doing well except tonight. Paul has even been getting to the rim. Manu has had some good layups etc. Penetration is not the problem. As for athleticism, when have we ever been athletic in the Duncan era?

The problem has been turnovers and defense. There have been a lot of defensive lapses, things that Kawhi does indeed fix as defensive anchor. Paul has the foot speed to play PG. You mix his beverly like D with Kawhi and Green and teams are gonna have a real big problem. Him and Gay saved the off season.

As for turnovers, the discipline hasn't been there. Tonight Murray had 5; last game Danny had 5. Murray is the point and you don't want to put a lot of pressure on the young buck but from my point of view his timely turnovers in not so much a good way have been severely hurting the squad. He just needs to let the game come to him like he did the first few games. He's trying to grow too fast. He got too much ojo and has been playing like he's done more than he has. Just get the team into the sets.

The team played a lot better today for the most part. Only 11 turnovers, but the first unit didn't get it done.

Nothing to panic about. This team is gonna be great. Just missing an MVP talent. If we would've said we would be 4-3 first 7 games without Kawhi, I think most realistic fans would be fine with that. It's just we got greedy and rightfully so.

raybies
10-30-2017, 10:58 PM
Schedule has also been incredibly easy so far, however. It's about to get rougher.
No it hasn't. There's not a lot of mickeys out there right now. There's only like 3 teams that should be sure fire wins especially without Kawhi. That's the Bulls, Mavs, and Atlanta. Teams are playing hard right now. It's not like the middle of season and teams know they suck. Besides the above mentioned teams every team still believes they have a chance to make playoffs. That's very dangerous.

DAF86
10-30-2017, 11:01 PM

What's rougher? Warriors, which aren't even playing that well. All the other "superteams" like the Wolves and Thunder are pretty beatable. The Rockets right now are the same team as they were last season. And our toughest matchup these last couple of seasons (the Clippers) are a very different team from the one they were. I'm not seeing this thing about the West being "a different animal this year", tbh. If Kawhi comes back at the same level he had last year, the Spurs are going to fare about the same: 2nd round floor, WCF ceiling.

YGWHI
10-30-2017, 11:10 PM

Kawhi has not played a single minute in last six months, he will need some games to get rhythm but I guess he'll come back better than ever.

However, I agree with you that the West gets stronger and Spurs have too many flaws to cover up.

Robz4000
10-30-2017, 11:11 PM
What's rougher? Warriors, which aren't even playing that well. All the other "superteams" like the Wolves and Thunder are pretty beatable. The Rockets right now are the same team as they were last season and out toughest matchup these last couple of season (the Clippers) are a veru different team right now. I'm not seeing this thing about the West being "a different animal this year", tbh. If Kawhi comes back at the same level he had last year, the Spurs are going to fare about the same: 2nd round floor, WCF ceiling.

Thunder and T'Pups are still trying to figure things out, and the Dubs are sleepwalking through the season. Clippers might actually be a worse match up for the Spurs now with their added depth and versatility. That isn't even getting into the Guests and Pelicans (if they can get healthy). Shit, even the Grizz look better this season, albeit I still think the Spurs beat them in 5 games in a series. The Jazz are still a tough team as well.

In the end though, we're not quite talking playoffs yet since this team needs to manufacture enough wins to get there. If Kawhi comes back soon the Spurs should manage around 50 wins, but it's starting to look like he won't be back any time soon (if at all this year).

bic50
10-30-2017, 11:17 PM
Who's the 1 loss to?

DAF86
10-30-2017, 11:17 PM
Thunder and T'Pups are still trying to figure things out, and the Dubs are sleepwalking through the season. Clippers might actually be a worse match up for the Spurs now with their added depth and versatility. That isn't even getting into the Guests and Pelicans (if they can get healthy). Shit, even the Grizz look better this season, albeit I still think the Spurs beat them in 5 games in a series. The Jazz are still a tough team as well.

In the end though, we're not quite talking playoffs yet since this team needs to manufacture enough wins to get there. If Kawhi comes back soon the Spurs should manage around 50 wins, but it's starting to look like he won't be back any time soon (if at all this year).

Unless I missed something, they said he was coming back in a couple of games.

DAF86
10-30-2017, 11:18 PM
Who's the 1 loss to?

Orlando. Maybe Boston too, but nah.

YGWHI
10-30-2017, 11:21 PM
I agree we do have poor defensive bigs after LMA, but we are getting penetration. Danny is improved, Murray is getting paint touches but he's just bricking most his floaters, Kyle is there and been doing well except tonight. Paul has even been getting to the rim. Manu has had some good layups etc. Penetration is not the problem.

Danny's driving to the hop needs more consistency, in the last games it seems like he forgot how to dribble again. I love Dejonte, he just needs minutes to improve but Im not sure he's exactly a slasher.
I guess penetration is still an issue.

raybies
10-30-2017, 11:22 PM
Danny's driving to the hop needs more consistency, in the last games it seems like he forgot how to dribble again. I love Dejonte, he just needs minutes to improve but Im not sure he's exactly a slasher.
I guess penetration is still an issue.
Murray's penetration has come in the PnR. Didn't even mention Gay who has been getting to the rim without offense like 2-3 times per game.

TimDunkem
10-30-2017, 11:24 PM
Danny's driving to the hop needs more consistency, in the last games it seems like he forgot how to dribble again.

Give it up, bro'...Danny will never improve his dribble. Seems like the first few games were a fluke on that end.

DAF86
10-30-2017, 11:27 PM
Folks are making too much deal about a team losing without its best player and one of the 3 best players in the World. With the exception of the Warriors, there aren't many teams out there that would survive without its best player, tbh.

YGWHI
10-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Give it up, bro'...Danny will never improve his dribble. Seems like the first few games were a fluke on that end.
Sadly, he regressed to the mean.

raybies
10-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Folks are making too much deal about a team losing without its best player and one of the 3 best players in the World. With the exception of the Warriors, there aren't many teams out there that would survive without its best player, tbh.
For real. Cleveland is a good example. Without Lebron, Cavs might be winless right now. People freaking out right now but the only teams to be worried about record wise is Cleveland and GS. Both currently have worse records/

TimDunkem
10-30-2017, 11:30 PM
I think the issues we've seen so far have made it even more obvious that not even Kawhi can carry this gaggle of scrubs to a title. Overall, it seems this is a worse team than last year.

raybies
10-30-2017, 11:32 PM
I think the issues we've seen so far have made it even more obvious that not even Kawhi can carry this gaggle of scrubs to a title. Overall, it seems this is a worse team than last year.
Not sure if your serious right now. Team still got a winning record without him, it's just the fairy dust has ran out. We need our closer. We have no one that can efficiently get us a bucket when we really need one on demand.

Robz4000
10-30-2017, 11:33 PM
Unless I missed something, they said he was coming back in a couple of games.

Pop said Kawhi might be back in November, unless you're talking about apo.

raybies
10-30-2017, 11:36 PM
Also must add the last 3 losses have come on the road. Big deal cause that's when teams miss stars. Role players typically don't play well on the road and that's when stars earn their money. LMA has played about as well he can, just needs some help.

DAF86
10-30-2017, 11:37 PM
Pop said Kawhi might be back in November, unless you're talking about apo.

In the game against the Heat an Argie journalist said that Pop told him Kawhi was coming back somewhere on the 6 home game streak that we are having at the beginning of november.

TimDunkem
10-30-2017, 11:39 PM
Not sure if your serious right now. Team still got a winning record without him, it's just the fairy dust has ran out. We need our closer. We have no one that can efficiently get us a bucket when we really need one on demand.
Okay, this doesn't make sense. The "fairy dust ran out" but you're pointing to said wins with "fairy dust" as evidence that the team is as good or better than last year? Also, the latter part of your post only serves my point that this is a one-man team.

Some of the guys that came back are noticeably worse; Pau, Mills, Manu, and Bertans, for example. No rim protection, no consistent high-volume three point shooting, LMA showed in the last game that he still can't will a team to a win, etc. This team has holes that GS in particular are going to expose. TP is still a question mark as well.

Robz4000
10-30-2017, 11:42 PM
In the game against the Heat an Argie journalist said that Pop told him Kawhi was coming back somewhere on the 6 home game streak that we are having at the beginning of november.

Pretty sure he was referencing the mysa article, but even in that Pop was pretty noncommital. At this point it feels like no one knows when or if he's coming back.

DAF86
10-30-2017, 11:47 PM
Pretty sure he was referencing the mysa article, but even in that Pop was pretty noncommital. At this point it feels like no one knows when or if he's coming back.

Nop, the journalist had an exclusive with Pop, and he has a good relationship with him because the dude is friend (or good acquaintance) with Manu and Oberto (him and Fab are the broadcasters for ESPN deportes), so many times he gets first hand info that not many others get. In the broadcast of that game he said that Pop told him that Kawhi was coming back somewhere on one of those games.

Robz4000
10-30-2017, 11:51 PM
Nop, the journalist had an exclusive with Pop, and he has a good relationship with him because the dude is friend (or good acquaintance) with Manu and Oberto (him and Fab are the broadcasters for ESPN deportes), so many times he gets first hand info that not many others get. In the broadcast of that game he said that Pop told him that Kawhi was coming back somewhere on one of those games.

Eh, I'll believe it when I see it. Kawhi hasn't even gone through any practice outside putting up shots, not to mention any contact drills, while Parker is practicing full-out with the Austin Spurs.

raybies
10-30-2017, 11:53 PM
Okay, this doesn't make sense. The "fairy dust ran out" but you're pointing to said wins with "fairy dust" as evidence that the team is as good or better than last year? Also, the latter part of your post only serves my point that this is a one-man team.

Some of the guys that came back are noticeably worse; Pau, Mills, Manu, and Bertans, for example. No rim protection, no consistent high-volume three point shooting, LMA showed in the last game that he still can't will a team to a win, etc. This team has holes that GS in particular are going to expose. TP is still a question mark as well.
I'm not gonna due the micro analysis man sorry. Your reading too much into it.

Anyhow, by fairy dust I mean, coming into the season with the belief and tradition of being a Spur. The winning tradition... That's just my opinion. Also the players are starting to miss Kawhi's impact. Even Pau mentioned it, like it's in the back of their heads. With the type of distraction, focus can indeed be hampered. Team is starting to make excuses. It's just time for him to come back. Their ready. If he's ready he should play. They already said it's just something he'll most likely have to play through.

As for his supporting cast, who was the Gay last season on the Spurs squad? Who was the Paul last year on the Spurs squad? If by worse you just mean Dedmon is gone, who cares. He had no impact in the playoffs whatsoever and is currently irrelevant. He couldn't even play cause he couldn't control his attitude. As for Simmons, he didn't even make a dent till the playoffs. He had a play a game, like a dunk or steal, but Paul has been doing more. Stretching the floor and is a much more impactful player considering roles. Simmons wasn't 6th man Simmons till everyone got hurt pretty much. David Lee was fine but Joff has been better. Just don't understand how you say we are worse. We are clearly better. When you are missing a player of Kawhi's caliber things can get ugly. Every team without talent knows that, not to say we don't have talent(since you are micro analyzing) just making the point that when your number 1 option on offense and defensive anchor is gone, people will be out of place and in different than usual roles.

Great experience for everyone though that is only gonna make the team better in the long run.

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 12:12 AM
I agree we do have poor defensive bigs after LMA, but we are getting penetration. Danny is improved, Murray is getting paint touches but he's just bricking most his floaters, Kyle is there and been doing well except tonight. Paul has even been getting to the rim. Manu has had some good layups etc. Penetration is not the problem. As for athleticism, when have we ever been athletic in the Duncan era?

The problem has been turnovers and defense. There have been a lot of defensive lapses, things that Kawhi does indeed fix as defensive anchor. Paul has the foot speed to play PG. You mix his beverly like D with Kawhi and Green and teams are gonna have a real big problem. Him and Gay saved the off season.

As for turnovers, the discipline hasn't been there. Tonight Murray had 5; last game Danny had 5. Murray is the point and you don't want to put a lot of pressure on the young buck but from my point of view his timely turnovers in not so much a good way have been severely hurting the squad. He just needs to let the game come to him like he did the first few games. He's trying to grow too fast. He got too much ojo and has been playing like he's done more than he has. Just get the team into the sets.

The team played a lot better today for the most part. Only 11 turnovers, but the first unit didn't get it done.

Nothing to panic about. This team is gonna be great. Just missing an MVP talent. If we would've said we would be 4-3 first 7 games without Kawhi, I think most realistic fans would be fine with that. It's just we got greedy and rightfully so.
About Murray and The TO, despite some bad PNR defense with Pau and the team out of sync early, I felt he game was winnable bc this time guys were making shots,BP3 provided a spark and Forbes finally made shots but then those TO from Murray in the 3rdQ put the game away for the Celtics. They couldn’t recover from that. Then Patty showed up and wasn’t much better. The TO were definitely momentum killers.

TimDunkem
10-31-2017, 12:14 AM
Just don't understand how you say we are worse.
We're worse because mostly everyone on the team is worse. And, no, it isn't because players are out of position or fulfilling other roles (nice narrative, however, it is simply not true). Everyone is mostly playing the same role and have the roughly same usage rates as last year except for our bigs since that is the Spurs one advantage at the moment.

Yes - Kawhi will help. Yes - we're going to have a good record. We can debate whether they're still better or not on paper than last year all you want. Doesn't change the fact that this team has major holes that will be exploited later.

Also, are we all even sure that Kawhi will come back 100%? He's a question mark too, imo.

raybies
10-31-2017, 12:19 AM
About Murray and The TO, despite some bad PNR defense with Pau and the team out of sync early, I felt he game was winnable bc this time guys were making shots,BP3 provided a spark and Forbes finally made shots but then those TO from Murray in the 3rdQ put the game away for the Celtics. They couldn’t recover from that. Then Patty showed up and wasn’t much better. The TO were definitely momentum killers.
Felt the same way. It put the nail in the coffin. My perspective is that when the team needs a basket he has taken it on himself to make a play and from where I stand that's where the bulk of his turnovers have come. He's just not ready for that light. I commend him for the courage, it's just he's not ready. Get the ball to the right players and know your role. He's has an outgoing personality and it's fine and all but he just needs more experience and maturity. His play is all over the place. I have no idea what to expect from him on a nightly basis and it's not a good thing. If he just played solid, he might of earned Pop's trust but as of now I have him out of the rotation when Parker and Kawhi come back. That's just me. Pop may be committed to him starting, but with Paul playing like he has, he definitely is carving a role.

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 12:23 AM
Also must add the last 3 losses have come on the road. Big deal cause that's when teams miss stars. Role players typically don't play well on the road and that's when stars earn their money. LMA has played about as well he can, just needs some help.
Have to support you raybies. I have been critical of the roleplayers but they are severely lacking without Kawhi and in the road roleplayers will streak to their bad shooting games. I do believe. :tu no cliff jumping from me.

raybies
10-31-2017, 12:26 AM
We're worse because mostly everyone on the team is worse. And, no, it isn't because players are out of position or fulfilling other roles (nice narrative, however, it is simply not true). Everyone is mostly playing the same role and have the roughly same usage rates as last year except for our bigs since that is the Spurs one advantage at the moment.

Yes - Kawhi will help. Yes - we're going to have a good record. We can debate whether they're still better or not on paper than last year all you want. Doesn't change the fact that this team has major holes that will be exploited later.

Also, are we all even sure that Kawhi will come back 100%? He's a question mark too, imo.
No, usage for players like Murray and Green will go down when Kawhi comes back. With him and LMA commanding the bulk of possesions, Murray's playmaking can sit down for awhile. Also won't be needing Green driving as much, since he can spot up more. That's just the SL.

The only hole I can buy is the defensive ones with the bigs outside LMA, but on paper it's easy to imagine that this team was built to go small. That's a reasonable assumption that has been playing out thus far. Pau hasn't even been closing games, so having a player like Leonard will be a big deal.

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 12:28 AM
The sources are good. Happy oh to hear this.:tu

raybies
10-31-2017, 12:32 AM
Kawhi, winner of DPOY two str8 seasons and finalist for MVP and people thinking he won't fix a currently winning teams problems. :lol :lmao What else does he have to do to garner some respect from his own fans. :wow ST is nuts. I'm done for the night. Grow a pair and stand for your team, real talk.

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 12:32 AM
I'm not gonna due the micro analysis man sorry. Your reading too much into it.

Anyhow, by fairy dust I mean, coming into the season with the belief and tradition of being a Spur. The winning tradition... That's just my opinion. Also the players are starting to miss Kawhi's impact. Even Pau mentioned it, like it's in the back of their heads. With the type of distraction, focus can indeed be hampered. Team is starting to make excuses. It's just time for him to come back. Their ready. If he's ready he should play. They already said it's just something he'll most likely have to play through.

As for his supporting cast, who was the Gay last season on the Spurs squad? Who was the Paul last year on the Spurs squad? If by worse you just mean Dedmon is gone, who cares. He had no impact in the playoffs whatsoever and is currently irrelevant. He couldn't even play cause he couldn't control his attitude. As for Simmons, he didn't even make a dent till the playoffs. He had a play a game, like a dunk or steal, but Paul has been doing more. Stretching the floor and is a much more impactful player considering roles. Simmons wasn't 6th man Simmons till everyone got hurt pretty much. David Lee was fine but Joff has been better. Just don't understand how you say we are worse. We are clearly better. When you are missing a player of Kawhi's caliber things can get ugly. Every team without talent knows that, not to say we don't have talent(since you are micro analyzing) just making the point that when your number 1 option on offense and defensive anchor is gone, people will be out of place and in different than usual roles.

Great experience for everyone though that is only gonna make the team better in the long run.
Sorry to be quoting you again. But you are so right. Kawhi is getting undersold here (and Tony to a smaller degree bc we all like Dijon and want him to succeed but he’s still raw).

BatManu20
01-21-2018, 09:21 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/leqCqQAr89dNm/giphy.gif

Mikeanaro
01-21-2018, 09:25 PM
Kiwi, please retire.

NASpurs
01-21-2018, 09:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/o7XHDi5.png

SAGirl
01-21-2018, 10:30 PM
Dude cannot wipe his ass yet sadly...