View Full Version : Murray Sucks Start Forbes

SequSpur
10-30-2017, 10:16 PM
Real Talk....

DF can't shoot it.. erratic, terrible player....

Spurs are fucked, this team sucks balls. All of them!

jermaine
10-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Truly... I 2nd this post! Not BP3 thou... he's alright.

xellos88330
10-30-2017, 10:29 PM
I would rather see White at this point. Murray started great, but he is falling apart. Dribbles too high and gets knocked off his dribble too much. He also seems to be struggling recovering when he is screened. Dude has serious potential, but at this point, we should be seeing more.

TimDunkem
10-30-2017, 11:00 PM
Murray should still start, imo. Patty should be benched for Forbes though. They're the same player except one isn't fat and is actually hitting some shots.

Spurtacular
10-30-2017, 11:07 PM
Murray should still start, imo. Patty should be benched for Forbes though. They're the same player except one isn't fat and is actually hitting some shots.

Organizations hate to bench high-paid players even when it's fitting. It's an admission of a bad signing.

TimDunkem
10-30-2017, 11:19 PM
Organizations hate to bench high-paid players even when it's fitting. It's an admission of a bad signing.
Oh I agree completely. It's also why we won't ever see the Patty contract moved. That and the "culture" thing.

Pop is going to ride Patty until the bitter end.

BackHome
10-31-2017, 12:18 AM
OMG Forbes sucks would rather have Patty or White start

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2017, 12:25 AM
This. Pop is going to use his $50,000,000 broken microwave 10/10 times over a $100 new one that works.

PATFO will continue to try and justify that egregious contract until its moved or expires.

TimDunkem
10-31-2017, 12:30 AM
OMG Forbes sucks would rather have Patty
They're the same player, and Flabby is bringing nothing to the team right now.

marinoman
10-31-2017, 12:32 AM
That was my original thinking before the season, that idiot dabom even recently bumped a thread a few days ago in which I said that, in what I assume was an attempt to embarrass me.
But now that Murray has already started it would shit on his confidence and hurt his chances to ever be something so no. Just give Forbes all of mills minutes

marinoman
10-31-2017, 12:39 AM
They're the same player, and Flabby is bringing nothing to the team right now.
But we’ve seen patty’s best and that was 3 years and 40 pounds ago, Forbes is ascending. This whole situation sucks, almost everyone was happy to part ways with patty, but then they resign him to 4 years, I just don’t know what the fuck was the thinking the entire offseason, not just this

dabom
10-31-2017, 12:43 AM
That was my original thinking before the season, that idiot dabom even recently bumped a thread a few days ago in which I said that, in what I assume was an attempt to embarrass me.
But now that Murray has already started it would shit on his confidence and hurt his chances to ever be something so no. Just give Forbes all of mills minutes

Pivoting again. :lmao

Stay consistent faggot. :lmao

marinoman
10-31-2017, 12:50 AM
Pivoting again. :lmao

Stay consistent faggot. :lmao
It amazes me how dumb you are. Now that Murray started I don’t want him to go back to the bench. If it was up to me Forbes would’ve started from game 1. But now if they do it, it might harm murray’s development and confidence you troglodyte. But he should still take all of mills’ minutes

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 01:01 AM
No pressure...

duncan2k5
10-31-2017, 10:54 AM
Real Talk....

DF can't shoot it.. erratic, terrible player....

Spurs are fucked, this team sucks balls. All of them!

Bryn, is that you?

duncan2k5
10-31-2017, 10:56 AM
i cant be the only one that sees how horrible forbes is...besides he REALLY cant dribble...murray at least gets to the rim, rebounds, and plays great defense...forbes is patty

Chinook
10-31-2017, 11:01 AM
I didn't watch the garbage time, but how did White look? I really wish he'd've gotten more run in the pre-season, but I guess that could have just meant he seemed really far away in practice. I've mentioned a few times that White's skill-set seems like the best fit for the SL out of the healthy candidates.

Chinook
10-31-2017, 11:07 AM
We have to hope we're seeing a local minimum right now, because Murray has been AWFUL on both ends. Kyrie was always going to be too much, though, so it's hard to blame him, but he is firmly in net-negative category now. Comparing him to any iteration of Parker is a grave insult to Tony at this point. Dude needs to shape up in a hurry.

Ice009
10-31-2017, 11:09 AM
This. Pop is going to use his $50,000,000 broken microwave 10/10 times over a $100 new one that works.

PATFO will continue to try and justify that egregious contract until its moved or expires.

I can't remember as I was so mad at the time, is the 4th year fully guaranteed? I hope it's not.

Chinook
10-31-2017, 11:12 AM
I can't remember as I was so mad at the time, is the 4th year fully guaranteed? I hope it's not.

Yep all $13,285,714

Ice009
10-31-2017, 11:19 AM
FUCK. I need to get away from Spurstalk and watching these games until Kawhi comes back.

I don't actually like watching the team for the first time, ever. Even in '96/'97 season I was able to follow the games as I thought they played hard with what little talent they had, but this current team right now, I just don't even like watching it.

Perry Mason
10-31-2017, 11:26 AM
I just don't get why Patty decided to take this team for granted this summer. Where is the lean mean fighting machine? Where is the aggressiveness and speed? Is he already hitting a wall in his late 20's? A little harder to train and keep up his speed?

Like I said, I don't get it. But it's disappointing to see a guy who was such a confident gunner become so passive and broken.

BSfromTX
10-31-2017, 11:48 AM
I just don't get why Patty decided to take this team for granted this summer. Where is the lean mean fighting machine? Where is the aggressiveness and speed? Is he already hitting a wall in his late 20's? A little harder to train and keep up his speed?

Like I said, I don't get it. But it's disappointing to see a guy who was such a confident gunner become so passive and broken.

He hung out with bobo too much

DaBears
10-31-2017, 12:06 PM
I wonder who averaged more turnovers in there 1st 2 seasons Manu or Murray.. I mean I do for sure see upside, but dam he averages like 3-4 TO a game.. And for as much as we praise his dribbling that's where he is losing the ball.. I am thinking Murray is averaging more TO than Manu.. But it is a small sample size..

DaBears
10-31-2017, 12:09 PM
In a way Murray reminds me of Tyrek Evans from SAC a few years ago. He started his career off good, 1s 2 seasons then the wheels fell off when everyone realized the guy cannot shoot. he was a PG as well...

DaBears
10-31-2017, 12:16 PM
Last night was the 1st time I can ever remember watching a Spurs game on TV and hearing spurs player in GAME say " Shoot the Ball " to Murray, he passed a wide open shoot.. His confidence is already shaky in that area, but with time I am sure he can improve...

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 12:40 PM
Last night was the 1st time I can ever remember watching a Spurs game on TV and hearing spurs player in GAME say " Shoot the Ball " to Murray, he passed a wide open shoot.. His confidence is already shaky in that area, but with time I am sure he can improve...
Who was that?

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2017, 01:34 PM

Yep all $13,285,714
https://cdn1.lockerdomecdn.com/uploads/0682b560e2820e407c85446c29b650255e3e01939487f6d57d f8343eea408582_large

Silver&Black
10-31-2017, 04:29 PM
It amazes me how dumb you are.

It shouldn't

Dex
10-31-2017, 04:36 PM
Who was that?

It was Green. Murray was open at the elbow, he passed out to Green in the corner, Danny threw it back and said "shoot it!".

Instead of taking the jumper, Murray drove and ended up making a much more difficult banker.

37vRBzkYAsw

Happens at 4:45.

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 05:30 PM
I didn't watch the garbage time, but how did White look? I really wish he'd've gotten more run in the pre-season, but I guess that could have just meant he seemed really far away in practice. I've mentioned a few times that White's skill-set seems like the best fit for the SL out of the healthy candidates.
White was ok. What stood out about him was his hustle. He had one block that showed me some hops and good timing + tenaciousness, and he kept the ball alive tapping some rebounds when Pop played an ultimate garbage time lineup with just Bertans and then Murray, White, Forbes and BP3. Micro ball. The fact Murray played with them rendered your question moot since Murray was played at the point. It's obvious they want him to fix his issues and want to give him experience.

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 05:33 PM
It was Green. Murray was open at the elbow, he passed out to Green in the corner, Danny threw it back and said "shoot it!".

Instead of taking the jumper, Murray drove and ended up making a much more difficult banker.

37vRBzkYAsw

Happens at 4:45.
thanks.
oh wow yea, he was clearly open and passed it out to a covered guy in a corner. I guess old habits die hard... he has to be so used to not taking that kind of shot, he just passed it without thinking.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-31-2017, 06:23 PM
Murray can't facilitate the offense yet. Expect better days when TP returns.

tholdren
10-31-2017, 06:34 PM

Lol.

TimDunkem
10-31-2017, 08:23 PM
Lol.
Dahmer still stalking me.

Damn. I've really hurt this autist's feelings.

tholdren
11-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Dahmer still stalking me.

Damn. I've really hurt this autist's feelings.
Your posts are dumber than the great yacht. Congrats. Thats hard to do. Carry on with what you think are good posts.

duncan2k5
11-01-2017, 11:15 AM
I wonder who averaged more turnovers in there 1st 2 seasons Manu or Murray.. I mean I do for sure see upside, but dam he averages like 3-4 TO a game.. And for as much as we praise his dribbling that's where he is losing the ball.. I am thinking Murray is averaging more TO than Manu.. But it is a small sample size..

he is averaging 2.3 turnovers a game....

DaBears
11-01-2017, 11:42 AM
he is averaging 2.3 turnovers a game....

in the last 2 games though I think he had like at least 3 TO's or more, but in the 1st 2 games he didn't have as many, so it averaged out to 2.3.. For a starting PG though its too many.. If shots are missing and we aren't fighting from behind like we have the last 3 games, then it doesn't look as bad, but trying to mount comebacks & then you give up the ball. Its like seeing it with a magnifying glass. point at what I really was getting at though these are not passing being picked off, they're him losing the ball or being stripped.

duncan2k5
11-01-2017, 12:03 PM
in the last 2 games though I think he had like at least 3 TO's or more, but in the 1st 2 games he didn't have as many, so it averaged out to 2.3.. For a starting PG though its too many.. If shots are missing and we aren't fighting from behind like we have the last 3 games, then it doesn't look as bad, but trying to mount comebacks & then you give up the ball. Its like seeing it with a magnifying glass. point at what I really was getting at though these are not passing being picked off, they're him losing the ball or being stripped.

so imagine when he cleans THAT up...dude is basically a rookie...rookies turn over the ball...

bklynspursfan
11-01-2017, 12:17 PM
BP3 would probably be a good choice. Dude makes high IQ passes, defends, can shoot, etc... Not likely anyway... Murray will have to figure it out. Some stuff is just silly mistakes on his part. The shooting will have to come with tons of practice/repetition, but he has to learn to read the game better

sasaint
11-01-2017, 12:28 PM
BP3 would probably be a good choice. Dude makes high IQ passes, defends, can shoot, etc... Not likely anyway... Murray will have to figure it out. Some stuff is just silly mistakes on his part. The shooting will have to come with tons of practice/repetition, but he has to learn to read the game better

I really like what BP3 has shown us so far. But he seems more like a combo guard. I am not sure I see him as a starting NBA PG. I think he can definitely hold his own against backups, but if he ever were to become a starter I think he would be better at SG.

TimDunkem
11-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Your posts are dumber than the great yacht. Congrats. Thats hard to do. Carry on with what you think are good posts.
Aww he's mad. :lol

cd021
11-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Forbes has been absolute trash in the NBA tbh.

Chris
11-03-2017, 10:00 PM
22 points 3 rebounds 2 assists :tu

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Sequ

sananspursfan21
11-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Murray didn't do bad either though....this is like Sophie's Choice!!!! :bang

DAF86
11-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Murray did pretty good too. I love Patty, but he should have been let go and have Murray and Forbes be the two PG's.

pgardn
11-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Forbes is not a point.
Patty is not a point.

If people would watch the end of quarters they would see Manu with the ball directing traffic, providing space, and creating. We are not in good shape at PG. Thats it. That's all. Tony MIGHT be back. Murray MIGHT develop. But it's a real problem.

Maybe when KL returns he can relieve some of the pressure the position requires over the long haul.

Chinook
11-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Forbes is not a point.
Patty is not a point.

If people would watch the end of quarters they would see Manu with the ball directing traffic, providing space, and creating. We are not in good shape at PG. Thats it. That's all. Tony MIGHT be back. Murray MIGHT develop. But it's a real problem.

Maybe when KL returns he can relieve some of the pressure the position requires over the long haul.

I think Patty and Kyle make a fine enough starting duo. The more aggressive Anderson is significantly better at running the point than previous versions.

duncan2k5
11-04-2017, 08:26 PM
I think Patty and Kyle make a fine enough starting duo. The more aggressive Anderson is significantly better at running the point than previous versions.

LOL Kyle starting

Slippy
11-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Forbes with the breakaway dunk . Didnt know he was such an athlete. As sean pointed out, more impressive was the take off from the wrong foot. Finished quick & wit ease.

Think he deserves more of pattys mins for sure

duncan2k5
11-04-2017, 08:37 PM
he definitely deserves patty's minutes...but as stated...he isnt a PG...he is a short sg, that plays bad defense...put him on the court when there is a playmaker on the floor with him, and if he is guarding a dud of a player...