PDA

View Full Version : This Team Is Slow And Old

Spurtacular
10-31-2017, 02:18 AM
Tbh, it never bothered me, the many years of people calling this team slow and old. Why? Cos we just kicked ass regardless of the rhetoric. But this team has looked so slow and and old on this road trip. I've never really looked at this team and saw slow and old above anything else before. But during the Indy game when they showed highlights of Ginobili's first game against the Pacers in 03 and it showed The Big Three and others flying up the court I was just like wow, we are nothing like that at this point. And the 03 team while young was not exactly known for its fast breaking style. But Parker and Ginobili were definitely fast out there. Even Timmy was quite the athlete for a big, nothing like the lumbering Pau.

Patty: Fat (Pre 14 style). Maybe he'll stop eating cheese burgers, maybe he won't.
Gay: Clearly a percent of himself post-injury. Maybe, he'll return to form, maybe he won't.
Manu: Looking great for his age, actually. And love him actually getting minutes to close out games (though, that also shows the slippage on the whole for this team); but he's still 40 at the end of the day.
LMA: End of his prime, but obviously not an athlete at this point.
Fathead: Slow as f*ck. Just makes it worse on an old and slow team. It'd be one thing if he had fast cutters to find.
Pau: OMG. How many times is a 6'2" guard gonna take it to the hole on him when he's in the paint at the bucket?
Bertans: I had had hope that he had came out of his shell after all those athletic plays last season. But he seems to have re-embraced his outer whiteness. He's just not out-athleting anyone in anything right now.
Parker: Was looking like he had rejuvenated himself vs. Memphis; but we can probably expect him to come back old and slow. It may be the beginning of the end for him, Kobe-style.
Lauvergne: Ironically was looking pretty spry for a lumbering white guy before the injury. It felt like we weren't missing anything post David Lee. But he's gone now.
Green/Forbes/Paul: Maybe somewhat athletic in their own right; but playing station to station, they might as well be old and slow on the offensive end.
White: He looked slow coming in. Some people have a differing opinion. I guess I don't definitively say one way or another; but he has some of the earmarks of a mini slow mo all the same. Fine if I'm being hyperbolic on this one.
Kawhi: Obviously not old and slow. Pretty much the only motor this team has though. There is no back-up motor as we've seen.
Others: I didn't go 1-15. Hell, bringing Bonner back might actually make this team faster though. Seriously, I never thought of any of the Bonner teams as being this slow. At least he had sort of developed that running mini hook / flip shot to the basket that looked prettier than these short arm shots slo mo is throwing up. F*ck, I'd take Bonner right now over fathead.

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2017, 03:22 AM
Yeah no shit :lol

Pau Gasol and Kyle Anderson are fucking starting and Danny Green fighting thru a screen might be slower than both of them. Spurs had athletes in Simmons and Dedmon, but they were let go.

Not only are the players slow, but the system makes it even worse. Teams are shooting 3's 50 times a game while we're posting up Gasol's llama looking ass only so he can yell and turn it over. Either that happens or he passes out to Green who's forced to dribble to the paint.

r0drig0lac
10-31-2017, 04:59 AM
In a league where athletic wings are the most important pieces and Spurs could have a lineup with Simmons-Danny-Kawhi-Gay-LMA (with athletics and defense to tackle any league formation), we have two dwarves (Miils and Forbes), an old man who does not have the ability to make a reasonable screen (Gasoft) and several one-dimensional paper players, Kawhi is fucked

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 05:55 AM
Every thread will be a JSimms thread from now on like Scola.

JFK
10-31-2017, 09:55 AM
Yeah no shit :lol

Pau Gasol and Kyle Anderson are fucking starting and Danny Green fighting thru a screen might be slower than both of them. Spurs had athletes in Simmons and Dedmon, but they were let go.

Not only are the players slow, but the system makes it even worse. Teams are shooting 3's 50 times a game while we're posting up Gasol's llama looking ass only so he can yell and turn it over. Either that happens or he passes out to Green who's forced to dribble to the paint.

But the H-E-B commercials are so funny and so good. Culture! Go Spurs Go, yay!

duncan2k5
10-31-2017, 10:17 AM
Murray needs athletes to run with...i miss all those lobs he used to throw to Dedmon last year...sigh

duncan2k5
10-31-2017, 10:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baTmiirkVp8

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2017, 01:25 PM
But the H-E-B commercials are so funny and so good. Culture! Go Spurs Go, yay!
:lmao

Spurtacular
10-31-2017, 06:10 PM
Murray not slow; but right now his lack of a jump shot is pissing me off too much. He can't be a consistent starter til he gets one.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-31-2017, 06:21 PM
I think the fact that Manu, at 40 years old, is considered one of the quicker players on this team, I would say there is some credence to your argument.

Pop will need to remove Pau from the lineup entirely and send Patty Mills to Jenny Craig for three months of "rehab" if this team is going to have a chance at ringing this year.

TheRemix
10-31-2017, 07:47 PM
In a league where athletic wings are the most important pieces and Spurs could have a lineup with Simmons-Danny-Kawhi-Gay-LMA (with athletics and defense to tackle any league formation), we have two dwarves (Miils and Forbes), an old man who does not have the ability to make a reasonable screen (Gasoft) and several one-dimensional paper players, Kawhi is fucked
Would like to see a Paul-green-kawhi-gay-lma lineup. That could be our deadliest squad