PDA

View Full Version : Just missing a Closer...

raybies
11-02-2017, 09:55 PM
I'm proud of the guys tonight tbh. Although it was frustrating giving the game away like we did. We had no one to go when we needed a basket. Like someone said we look like planets without a sun. Aldridge played admirably. Before you look at stats I want you to watch the game and look at his heart. He played big and did his best against a team that was loading up on him. He missed some bunny's but it happens to the best of em.

The literal difference in this game is that we don't have a closer. They have a stacked lineup. They can play two top 20 players at all time and we got LMA and a rehabbing Gay.

I'm not gonna bash the Spurs at all this game. It'd be like picking on a kid that has a handicap. Just no pleasure in doing that. Against the Warriors you need your horses. Doesn't matter how much you go ahead if you have no one to close.

I believed the whole game that we could win, so this loss hurts. But I encourage some of the faint hearted here what it's like to believe in a win no matter what. The losses hurt more, but the joy in victory is greater. Some of the critics got me constantly criticizing our team but I just want to encourage the remembrance of being a real fan and not a "realist" etc.

All in all, lots of guys made big plays but in the end we were short a closer. I'm saying now, if healthy with a rematch we win no doubt. And if they win, I'm gonna still believe.

Is this site Spurstalk or Shittalk? Anyhow, here's to the fans that believe no matter what. One believer is stronger than a 1,000 doubters.

Here's to the highs and the lows of the season and ultimately a 2018 Championship. Let's get healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47dtFZ8CFo8

yeah i had about a wine bottle, so what of it :lol :toast

dabom
11-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Im always a Spurs fan before a Bitch fan. :tu

raybies
11-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Im always a Spurs fan before a Bitch fan. :tu
:toast

wingster
11-02-2017, 10:01 PM
It's annoying to see so many meltdowns when we're missing two integral players. Once they come back and guys like LMA and Danny keep up a high level play we'll be fine.

UZER
11-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Juuuust a bit outside.

-Bob Ueker

raybies
11-02-2017, 10:08 PM
It's annoying to see so many meltdowns when we're missing two integral players. Once they come back and guys like LMA and Danny keep up a high level play we'll be fine.
It's very encouraging seeing the flashes of what we can do without Leonard and Parker. I was hating on Parker last year but I took for granted how important he is. To have a stable PG with the experience he has with pace, and what to do and when to do it is sorely missed. As for Kawhi, I guess it's been so long that we forget how dominant he really is. He is MVP candidate and DPOY. That kind of hole anywhere else but the Warriors and teams would be getting spanked. But we have some solid players surrounding him.

All in all, like Manu said, it's about getting better every game as opposed to wins and losses. IMO we got better tonight. Tomorrow would have been a trap game had we won, but I think now we go out with a new level of focus.

daslicer
11-02-2017, 10:38 PM
I feel the Spurs are even with the Warriors if they have Kawhi. He's the difference maker. Durant has gone off on the spurs since Kawhi was taken out in game 1 of WCF. Every time the spurs play the Warriors without Kawhi the game is competitive up until Durant goes off. The Spurs need Kawhi to check Durant.

raybies
11-02-2017, 11:34 PM
I feel the Spurs are even with the Warriors if they have Kawhi. He's the difference maker. Durant has gone off on the spurs since Kawhi was taken out in game 1 of WCF. Every time the spurs play the Warriors without Kawhi the game is competitive up until Durant goes off. The Spurs need Kawhi to check Durant.
Kawhi is probably the only player in the association that can guard him. Durant can't post him, so he has to use the PnR. Anderson did alright for the most part, but KD is a player that can go off at will. He wasn't doing any of that ish when Kawhi the kingslayer was on him.

A Kawhi steal here a block there, a big bucket. Kawhi is a one man momentum starter/killer cause he can hurt you on both sides. No one else on this team is currently built to carry that kind of load. Very few players can and that's why he's MVP candidate and perennial DPOY...

hater
11-02-2017, 11:39 PM
:lmao we lost by 20 last 2 games and we need a closer now :lol

We need a time machine to undonthe shit contracts Pop handed out

Him and RC mist have been on a drinkin binge

daslicer
11-02-2017, 11:43 PM
Kawhi is probably the only player in the association that can guard him. Durant can't post him, so he has to use the PnR. Anderson did alright for the most part, but KD is a player that can go off at will. He wasn't doing any of that ish when Kawhi the kingslayer was on him.

A Kawhi steal here a block there, a big bucket. Kawhi is a one man momentum starter/killer cause he can hurt you on both sides. No one else on this team is currently built to carry that kind of load. Very few players can and that's why he's MVP candidate and perennial DPOY...

I feel containing Durant is the key to beating the Warriors. When the Warriors offense gets bogged down it's Durant who they turn to for an easy basket to jump start it. I saw it happen last year through out the playoffs. I have seen it this year in games where Durant fuels their offensive runs. With Kawhi on the court they don't have the option which causes disruption within the flow of their offense.

raybies
11-02-2017, 11:54 PM
I feel containing Durant is the key to beating the Warriors. When the Warriors offense gets bogged down it's Durant who they turn to for an easy basket to jump start it. I saw it happen last year through out the playoffs. I have seen it this year in games where Durant fuels their offensive runs. With Kawhi on the court they don't have the option which causes disruption within the flow of their offense.
I agree. The fact that he can post up gives them as close to an inside presence as they have. Having Kawhi takes that away. Draymond is a DPOY system player, Klay is mostly a spot up shooter and post presence when he has a mismatch, and Curry needs the pick and roll. Durant's post up is the best option when nothing else is working. You are right when you say Kawhi is the difference. Difference in being up 20 or being down 20 no exaggeration.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-03-2017, 12:11 AM
We need a closer who can go for 30 a night.

hater
11-03-2017, 12:11 AM
We need a closer who can go for 30 a night.

:lol

Amuseddaysleeper
11-03-2017, 12:23 AM
We are 3 pieces away from being title contenders

DMC
11-03-2017, 12:26 AM

So now Tony is an integral player? We're fucked,.

DMC
11-03-2017, 12:27 AM
We are 3 pieces away from being title contenders

Those 3 pieces are 1st round, 2nd round and the WCFs.

sasaint
11-03-2017, 12:28 AM

Yep, what we need is a new front office and coaching staff - retroactive to circa 2013. Since then, it has been like watching the final years of the Schramm/Landry/Brandt regime of the Dallas Cowboys.

TimDunkem
11-03-2017, 12:28 AM
So now Tony is an integral player? We're fucked,.

Well he is the only real PG who can make plays on the roster. :lmao

sananspursfan21
11-03-2017, 12:57 AM
I feel like a lot of the spurs success this season relied on Murray. Especially since they struck out on virtually every free agent target they went after. If this is the Murray we’re gonna get, short of a trade or two mid season, this might be a looooong year.

raybies
11-03-2017, 01:55 AM
I feel like a lot of the spurs success this season relied on Murray. Especially since they struck out on virtually every free agent target they went after. If this is the Murray we’re gonna get, short of a trade or two mid season, this might be a looooong year.
Yeah, not to be negative, but I don't think he is ready this year. He can't stop turning the ball over. He's averaging 2 and half turnovers in 25 minutes of action. I don't trust him on the court and I'm sure Pop doesn't either. His defense is vastly improved and he can be a playmaker on that side of the ball but he gets lost at times.

Anyway hope he figures it out, but right now I have him out of the rotation when Parker and KL are back.

AFMadison
11-03-2017, 01:55 AM
I'm proud of the guys tonight tbh. Although it was frustrating giving the game away like we did. We had no one to go when we needed a basket. Like someone said we look like planets without a sun. Aldridge played admirably. Before you look at stats I want you to watch the game and look at his heart. He played big and did his best against a team that was loading up on him. He missed some bunny's but it happens to the best of em.

The literal difference in this game is that we don't have a closer. They have a stacked lineup. They can play two top 20 players at all time and we got LMA and a rehabbing Gay.

I'm not gonna bash the Spurs at all this game. It'd be like picking on a kid that has a handicap. Just no pleasure in doing that. Against the Warriors you need your horses. Doesn't matter how much you go ahead if you have no one to close.

I believed the whole game that we could win, so this loss hurts. But I encourage some of the faint hearted here what it's like to believe in a win no matter what. The losses hurt more, but the joy in victory is greater. Some of the critics got me constantly criticizing our team but I just want to encourage the remembrance of being a real fan and not a "realist" etc.

All in all, lots of guys made big plays but in the end we were short a closer. I'm saying now, if healthy with a rematch we win no doubt. And if they win, I'm gonna still believe.

Is this site Spurstalk or Shittalk? Anyhow, here's to the fans that believe no matter what. One believer is stronger than a 1,000 doubters.

Here's to the highs and the lows of the season and ultimately a 2018 Championship. Let's get healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47dtFZ8CFo8

yeah i had about a wine bottle, so what of it :lol :toast
I’m a little high, and this post had me dying :lol

raybies
11-03-2017, 02:27 AM
I’m a little high, and this post had me dying :lol

I was bout drunk on wine at the time lol

sananspursfan21
11-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Yeah, not to be negative, but I don't think he is ready this year. He can't stop turning the ball over. He's averaging 2 and half turnovers in 25 minutes of action. I don't trust him on the court and I'm sure Pop doesn't either. His defense is vastly improved and he can be a playmaker on that side of the ball but he gets lost at times.

Anyway hope he figures it out, but right now I have him out of the rotation when Parker and KL are back.

He also doesn’t seem to be as aggressive. He’s not even looking to score anymore, just dribble the ball around a bit and waste shotclock :rolleyes

duncan2k5
11-03-2017, 10:48 AM
He also doesn’t seem to be as aggressive. He’s not even looking to score anymore, just dribble the ball around a bit and waste shotclock :rolleyes

I noticed too... Thank Pop for that

duncan2k5
11-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Ppl seem to forget how trash Parker was last year... VERY poor shooting games including zero stat games in the playoffs... Complete garbage the entire season... And the moment he starts to play well his body couldn't handle it... He is NOT the answer... At this point Murray is better off starting... Especially since Tony will be even worse on defense than he already was... Get Murray in game shape and accustomed to playing against these NBA teams or we will find ourselves in the same position as last year, Tony bottoming out in the playoffs and relying on Patty trash and an inexperienced Murray

sasaint
11-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Ppl seem to forget how trash Parker was last year... VERY poor shooting games including zero stat games in the playoffs... Complete garbage the entire season... And the moment he starts to play well his body couldn't handle it... He is NOT the answer... At this point Murray is better off starting... Especially since Tony will be even worse on defense than he already was... Get Murray in game shape and accustomed to playing against these NBA teams or we will find ourselves in the same position as last year, Tony bottoming out in the playoffs and relying on Patty trash and an inexperienced Murray

Unless we do go with Dijon AND he responds, I agree a we are sunk. Unless we can make a trade - or two.

SAGirl
11-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Unless we do go with Dijon AND he responds, I agree a we are sunk. Unless we can make a trade - or two.
We are going to have to wait to see what's out there in January. I think Patty's and Pau's contracts can't be traded until then and also, by then Tony and Kawhi will be back and PATFO will know better how things look. Also, teams that are underperforming could start to want to jettison someone. Bryn either becomes a guaranteed contract, or he doesn't by January as well... so that's the time the team would make any moves.

boutons_deux
11-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Just missing a team that can shoot a FG% over 40%

sananspursfan21
11-03-2017, 11:27 AM
I also thought we were going to see more ball movement...so much for even a hint of “the beautiful game”

sasaint
11-03-2017, 11:39 AM
We are going to have to wait to see what's out there in January. I think Patty's and Pau's contracts can't be traded until then and also, by then Tony and Kawhi will be back and PATFO will know better how things look. Also, teams that are underperforming could start to want to jettison someone. Bryn either becomes a guaranteed contract, or he doesn't by January as well... so that's the time the team would make any moves.

Yeah, correct or not, December 15 is the date I have in mind. I must admit that I never anticipated Parker's return as much as I do. So much depends on whether he can perform decently.

DrSteffo
11-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Shite

sasaint
11-03-2017, 12:08 PM
I also thought we were going to see more ball movement...so much for even a hint of “the beautiful game”

That was the hope. But that is a tall order when the best player you can put on the floor is Touches.

coachmac87
11-03-2017, 12:44 PM
I think it's a good sign the Spurs who have been short handed can get 10-20pt leads against GSW...

Problem is holding that lead...hopefully Kawhi and Parker can help with that..

tholdren
11-03-2017, 07:39 PM

Spurs need gay to do hia job, and murray not to be the new kyle

Russ
11-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Look at the bright side, the Astros won the World Series without a closer!

AFMadison
11-03-2017, 11:15 PM

I was bout drunk on wine at the time lol
:bobo

Hoops Czar
11-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Haven't you heard? Paddy's back!

John B
11-04-2017, 09:03 AM
I have high hopes on the Spurs. We had the lead just we needed to keep it. Kawhi lockdown on Durant and we had the game. This just makes the revenge even more sweeter. I'm disappointed with Patty and he needs to get better or his minutes are going to BP3 and Forbes. And they should start benching him so he would work on getting it back. Gaining weight after getting paid is a disappointment. I don't know if he was trying to build his body like CP3 I don't know. I don't get Pau's signing. That should've gone to Dedmon or to an athletic big. Jeoffrey is getting those minutes when he gets back. I really like Gay's upper body strength. I mean he looked better posting Draymond. And he doesn't really easily pushed out of position easily, unlike LMA who gets pushed outside of paint and settles on fadeaway shots. A healthier Gay on starting 4 will really be something. That gives Davis his minutes back. I mean Pau is okay against some teams. All said, can't wait for a healthy Spurs. I think we have a shot at it. Go Spurs Go! :flag:

BillMc
11-04-2017, 11:56 AM
I think Kawhi when back is a closer. I think Rudy when fully acclimated is a closer. Manu was once a great closer and can have flashbacks. LMA will be in the closing lineup. The remaining player depends on matchups.

Spurs da champs
11-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Honestly think this Spurs team matches up quite well with anybody, just need Kawhi back & Rudy needs to play more small ball 4 or even Kyle.

John B
11-04-2017, 06:42 PM
to close the game, Parker, Green, Kawhi, Gay and LMA. And sub Manu or even BP3 for Parker for defense against bigger and athletic guards. BP3 signing is really great. He can play guard and let Kawhi play point forward. This Spurs team can really match well.

Slippy
11-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Aside from a closer, they need guys that can break the game open wit the three. Every team has them. The warriors have about 4 of them. Obviously, makes life so much easier for your team

So far the only guy putting his hand up is Forbes. Great breakout game against the hornets. Great to see pop reward with extra mins.