PDA

View Full Version : Mnf

Despot
10-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker were shown on MNF. Looked like they were on the sidelines, they said Horry was supposed to be there, but as always wouldn't show up until the last 2 minutes. :lol

mcornelio
10-17-2005, 10:13 PM
bastard i was gonna post this... thats so awsome cuz my rams are playing so anyway what are timmy and tony doing in indy?

Despot
10-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Game at the Pacers tomorrow.

Ran to my pc as soon as I heard Tim Dunc....
I hope they get one of them up to the booth for an interview, not likely though.

Mr_MVP21
10-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker were shown on MNF. Looked like they were on the sidelines, they said Horry was supposed to be there, but as always wouldn't show up until the last 2 minutes. :lol

Funny stuff. :lol

mcornelio
10-17-2005, 10:16 PM
lol... i ran to my pc too but i had to turn it on, guess you where more prepared than me damn celeron processors.

ducks
10-17-2005, 10:16 PM
lol... i ran to my pc too but i had to turn it on, guess you where more prepared than me damn celeron processors.

GET A APPLE

Kori Ellis
10-17-2005, 10:20 PM
They weren't following the dress code. They should get fined :)

Despot
10-17-2005, 10:27 PM
They weren't following the dress code. They should get fined :)

I was going to mention that.....but thought it would be like beating a dead horse, I actually think Stern backtracked and saved face with his interview earlier today.

SequSpur
10-17-2005, 10:28 PM
smf

Kori Ellis
10-17-2005, 10:29 PM
I actually think Stern backtracked and saved face with his interview earlier today.

What do you mean?

The dress code came out and it didn't seem like backtracking to me. They have to wear sportcoats on the bench. They can't wear any hats, t-shirts, sneakers, jerseys, etc. in any interviews, media events, or whatever.

Mr_MVP21
10-17-2005, 10:30 PM
I don't think we'll ever hear the end of it from the players.

Despot
10-17-2005, 10:54 PM
What do you mean?

The dress code came out and it didn't seem like backtracking to me. They have to wear sportcoats on the bench. They can't wear any hats, t-shirts, sneakers, jerseys, etc. in any interviews, media events, or whatever.

The article I read earlier said the dress code would be released later, didn't know it would be so soon, so I am just reading the policy now,seems kinda lax compared to what had been mentioned.

What I mean is, I think he wanted it to be much stricter. It seems to me like the NBA is trying to make it seem like the media went overboard contemplating what the dress code was going to be. Did the media make up the talk about wearing coats and collared shirts when they board planes and buses, and check into motels?? It just makes me mad when people start blaming the media. Someone from the league office leaked the afforementioned policy, so there must have been some truth to it. There were even articles mentioning Suit and ties, and they would have to be dressed appropriately anytime that they might expect to be in a position that they would be recorded for tv.
I was totally against the dress code when I thought it would be much stricter, but this isn't too bad.

Since I'm new here, I will let you in on something, I have a very unhealthy dislike for Stern, so I am quick to slam him, sometimes too quick.

There was a time when he saved this league from old men who were out of touch with the clients they were marketing to, and he was responsible for transforming this league into a worldwide power, with the help of Magic, Bird, and Jordan, but now, he is the old man that this league needs saving from.
He is arrogant, doesn't seem to care about what the fans think, and he is as close to a dictator as you can get. Just like Tagliabue dissing San Antonio, he doesn't even try to be politically correct about it, It's like SA isn't even worth the PR time.

angel_luv
10-17-2005, 11:06 PM
I know what you mean. We had several of the same thoughts.