PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Has the modern NBA game passed by Pop?

Fabbs
11-02-2017, 11:14 PM
2014 is getting further and further away. And while kudos to Pop for '14, it was Timmy Duncan being the driving force both on the floor and motivationally, not Popped. Combination of 2013s CIA Popped fuck up for the ages combined with Timmy going thru a nasty divorce, Duncan wanted that Championship badly and was going ram it up anyone's ass who got in his way, including Pop.

Personnel decisions like Patty for 50 and Gasol for 16 Xs 3. Both signings bidding against ourselves only. :lmao
Don't even try the "That's RC, not Pop." line.

His pets like Ginobili can make retarded turnover after turnover with nary a peep from Pop (see tonights game vs Golden Showers while 19 point lead is blown courtesy in part by GNobs gifts), yet Murray did some....actually I could not even see what Murray did wrong but it must have been minor compared to Alzh GNob.
The "Pop treats everyone the same" makes for good media fodder for Spurs sheepies, but it's bullshit.

So Pop runs onto the court screaming at Murray and continues it thru the timeout.
Spare me your young Tony Parker analogies. That shit is so old and ancient and does not apply.

Really, a 19 point fucking lead choked into a 20 point deficit. Sorry but Golden Phaggots are not nearly that good.
Yes the leagues co-MVP is out.
But it's becoming so obvious Pop cannot hold a strategy and personnel candle to more and more NBA teams and coaches.

I thought last years Game 1 vs Golden could have been a prelude to one of Pops best coaching years ever.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265029&highlight=Pop+best
But we saw how they folded like a lawn chair once Kawhi was taken off the floor.

Robz4000
11-02-2017, 11:24 PM
He's been done since 2014, a lot of us have discussed it ad nauseam.

Fabbs
11-02-2017, 11:33 PM
He's been done since 2014, a lot of us have discussed it ad nauseam.
True.
Would still like to see how widely known it is now being acknowledged.

Robz4000
11-02-2017, 11:39 PM
True.
Would still like to see how widely known it is now being acknowledged.

If Kawhi contines to miss significant time the talking heads might catch on this year since the Spurs will miss the playoffs.