PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gay gets a pass from me...

ElNono
11-02-2017, 11:58 PM
He's new, new city, new teammates, new drunk coach, etc... can't blame him.

LMA? Come on sons, why the fuck we re-upped this guy? He was supposed to be the 1-2 punch with Kawhi to contend in the West, and despite the flaming hot start against garbage teams, he's just outworked out there (lmao this niglet asking for touches).

And honestly, bringing back 40 y/o Manu only makes sense if you have a dynamic cast around, made of perpetrators, shooters and bigs that can play a P&R... Fathead? Paddy? Pau? That just doesn't work against the elite of the NBA...

Just unfortunate that PATFO are still drunk on the Duncan years, tbh...

Blackjack
11-03-2017, 12:00 AM
We have plenty of perpetrators.

ElNono
11-03-2017, 12:01 AM
We have plenty of perpetrators.

lol good catch

Blackjack
11-03-2017, 12:03 AM
lol good catch

:hat

Blackjack
11-03-2017, 12:05 AM
In Manu we trust.

Spurtacular
11-03-2017, 01:30 AM
He's new, new city, new teammates, new drunk coach, etc... can't blame him.

All shitty reasons at best. If you had said he's not 100 percent back from injury that'd be different.

wildbill2u
11-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Well, you might give him a pass, but watching the first few games its clear he won't give you--or his teammates--a pass. Massive black hole spotted in his game.

daslicer
11-03-2017, 03:18 PM
A thread by a Manutard in which he finds a way to give Manu pass for being garbage. Not surprising at all.

TheRemix
11-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Niglet :lol

Poolboy5623
11-03-2017, 05:43 PM
The Spurs were in perfect position to add a couple of pieces in the offseason and really challenge GS.. instead they gave the $$ to Gasol and Mills, who are 100% worthless against the Warriors. It’s beyond crazy and anyone that defends those moves is an idiot imo.

ElNono
11-03-2017, 07:08 PM
A thread by a Manutard in which he finds a way to give Manu pass for being garbage. Not surprising at all.

guilty as charged, tbh... in my defense, Manu isn't (or shouldn't be at this point) even the 4th option on offense...

tholdren
11-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Gay should get less of a pass than anyone. He played scared. No pass for that

ElNono
11-07-2017, 10:49 PM
:tu

MaNu4Tres
11-07-2017, 10:53 PM
He's been lights out lately.

His IQ is off the charts, playing a very solid, tight, and effective game on both ends.

He was a huge pick up.Hopefully he can stay healthy.

BillMc
11-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Gay should get less of a pass than anyone. He played scared. No pass for that

When has Rudy looked like he was playing scared?

8FOR!3
11-07-2017, 11:00 PM
He might be the most underpaid player in the league right now.

DAF86
11-07-2017, 11:19 PM
6th man of the year.

Blackjack
11-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Puff, puff, pass. :smokin

Great pick-up.

DPG21920
11-07-2017, 11:28 PM
I was not expecting this. Forget fit and level of skill. I was solely interested in seeing if he still looked like an NBA-level athlete and he has exceeded all expectations coming off that horrific injury.

The way he’s playing/fitting in is such a huge bonus. It’s great to see a calculated gamble pay off and hat’s off to Rudy for what looks like a tremendous career comeback after a nasty injury. Dude obviously busted his a** in rehab.

Mr. Body
11-07-2017, 11:32 PM
His usage is moving up. He's consistently getting shots into the teens and that's a really good thing. Would love for him to get up 13-15 shots a game.

Stabula
11-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Most underrated signing of the off-season. I remember faggots on this board crying and talking shit about the FO because OKC got Paul George, Houston got perpetually injured CP3, and we got Rudy. Satan laughs at you emotional wrecks. :lol

BillMc
11-07-2017, 11:44 PM
Most underrated signing of the off-season. I remember faggots on this board crying and talking shit about the FO because OKC got Paul George, Houston got perpetually injured CP3, and we got Rudy. Satan laughs at you emotional wrecks. :lol

Satan always did have a gift for player personnel moves, tbh.

SAGirl
11-08-2017, 12:12 AM
:tu I cried about Paul George. I was concerned for Rudy not being the same guy considering his injury. It’s one of those things one can just pleasantly enjoy and wish the guy stays healthy and on a roll. He wanted to play for the Spurs too and that’s a huge ++++++ as well. Nothing but good things to say about Rudy.

rastaspur
11-08-2017, 12:52 AM
It's been eyepopping to see rudy take to and fit into a new system and play the right way.

The blackhole/net negative label that has been cast his way on prior teams could arguably be legit but it hasn't been applicable this season.

He clearly has a high iq and knows how to play the game right and be effective within the system. He may have been a much more selfish player in the past, etc., none of which matters.

It's all about the here and now. Rudy and kawhi playing 30 minutes a game together towards the back end of the season could be a lethal combo on both sides of the floor.

It gives fans hope. I still want another big man on the roster but I have hope and no team in the nba looks to be untouchable this year.

Outside of the warriors, the spurs will have as good a chance as anyone else if kawhi can get healthy and other key contributors stay healthy.

weeks
11-08-2017, 01:03 AM
if this is the rudy gay we get, i like our chances

BillMc
11-08-2017, 01:10 AM
6th man of the year.

I wonder what he'd realistically have to average to get that?

Fireball
11-08-2017, 03:43 AM
I like that we won the games where he scored 20+ ... I doubt the Spurs would play better if he left right now (like other teams did)

Robz4000
11-08-2017, 04:13 AM
I was not expecting this. Forget fit and level of skill. I was solely interested in seeing if he still looked like an NBA-level athlete and he has exceeded all expectations coming off that horrific injury.

The way he’s playing/fitting in is such a huge bonus. It’s great to see a calculated gamble pay off and hat’s off to Rudy for what looks like a tremendous career comeback after a nasty injury. Dude obviously busted his a** in rehab.

:cry you're alive

Seventyniner
11-08-2017, 08:50 AM
It's been eyepopping to see rudy take to and fit into a new system and play the right way.

The blackhole/net negative label that has been cast his way on prior teams could arguably be legit but it hasn't been applicable this season.

He clearly has a high iq and knows how to play the game right and be effective within the system. He may have been a much more selfish player in the past, etc., none of which matters.

It's all about the here and now. Rudy and kawhi playing 30 minutes a game together towards the back end of the season could be a lethal combo on both sides of the floor.

It gives fans hope. I still want another big man on the roster but I have hope and no team in the nba looks to be untouchable this year.

Outside of the warriors, the spurs will have as good a chance as anyone else if kawhi can get healthy and other key contributors stay healthy.

It's quite possible that in the past he wasn't selfish as much as pragmatic. If your teammates are terrible are you going to pass them the ball that often? Diaw was seen as a loafer and borderline cancer in Charlotte before he was bought out in 2012. Some players just play better on better teams.

rastaspur
11-08-2017, 08:58 AM
It's quite possible that in the past he wasn't selfish as much as pragmatic. If your teammates are terrible are you going to pass them the ball that often? Diaw was seen as a loafer and borderline cancer in Charlotte before he was bought out in 2012. Some players just play better on better teams.

Very true. He definitely had no incentive or reason to play the right way for the kings.

bklynspursfan
11-08-2017, 10:16 AM

Yup.. that's what these guys do on here. rarely do people take the lets wait and see what happens approach, it's just bitch and moan constantly about how the FO is terrible, F this team, etc...

superbigtime
11-08-2017, 10:52 AM
He gets more than a pass. Terrific last night. Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

Slippy
11-08-2017, 07:08 PM
As Kawai continues to stay out, the Rudy Gay acquisition keeps getting bigger & to a lesser extent so does LA's extension.

As others pointed out Rudy is the other legit scorer this team needs behind Kawai & LA. More importantly he's slotted into that stretch PF role to a tee & looking healthy.

tonight...you
11-08-2017, 07:50 PM
This is true.

tonight...you
11-08-2017, 07:52 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Bcp7itvVXnTNK/giphy.gif

Seventyniner
11-08-2017, 08:55 PM

Judas only cost 30 pieces of silver, then after Judas waived and stretched (his neck) Satan got a disabled player exception. Eat your hearts out PATFO.

tonight...you
11-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Judas only cost 30 pieces of silver, then after Judas waived and stretched (his neck) Satan got a disabled player exception. Eat your hearts out PATFO.
Holy shit, you made me grin from ear to ear. I even chuckled, evilly, but quickly regained composure.
I am a professional...

BillMc
11-08-2017, 09:14 PM
:lmao

tholdren
11-08-2017, 10:35 PM

Would love to see that thread bumped for all the homies on st

exstatic
11-10-2017, 07:54 AM

a/o yesterday, OKC was in last place in their division.

Maddog
11-10-2017, 05:10 PM

And for 11 Million less than George and 16 less than Paul

rjv
11-10-2017, 05:20 PM
i knew rudy gay was going to be a great signing once so many of the usual ST debbie downers were so critical of it.

rjv
11-10-2017, 05:21 PM
not to mention all of the high school kids in here who were ecstatic that they were able to make so many gay jokes now.

BillMc
11-10-2017, 07:35 PM
Rudy has been so good, I'm already worried about re-signing him. And its November.

tholdren
11-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Rudy has been so good, I'm already worried about re-signing him. And its November.

Whatever it takes. If I’m a sixth man, I’m going to be the best sixth man in the league. If I’m a starter, I’m going to try and be one of the best small forwards in the league. That’s just the type of player I am … I’m a Spur and I’m a Spur for life"

Dont worry

BillMc
11-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Whatever it takes. If I’m a sixth man, I’m going to be the best sixth man in the league. If I’m a starter, I’m going to try and be one of the best small forwards in the league. That’s just the type of player I am … I’m a Spur and I’m a Spur for life"

Dont worry

Cheers man. :toastBut its "Spurs Talk". Worry is what we do.:lol

tholdren
11-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Cheers man. :toastBut its "Spurs Talk". Worry is what we do.:lol

Worry, troll, cliffjump all in a days work

BillMc
11-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Worry, troll, cliffjump all in a days work
:lmao

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2017, 11:23 PM
welp this game was mostly on him

ElNono
11-10-2017, 11:25 PM
he was trash tonight, tbh

Hoops Czar
11-10-2017, 11:27 PM
There's a reason why he's only sniffed the playoffs one time in his career. If he's better than the 6th best player on the team, that team stink.

TheGreatYacht
11-10-2017, 11:42 PM
This fucking faggot is unplayable against non-lottery teams. His balls shriveled up like raisins tonight.

FkLA
11-10-2017, 11:48 PM
Just missed shots. It happens. Had good looks and was able to get to his spots against their length. Not worried about Joto, tbh.

cjw
11-10-2017, 11:58 PM

Ugly, yes. But not indicative of how he's played this year. If Mills and Gay don't suck tonight and the turnovers stay down, the Spurs win this running away. But turnovers and loads of missed shots from those two spelled disaster.

daslicer
11-11-2017, 12:01 AM
Just missed shots. It happens. Had good looks and was able to get to his spots against their length. Not worried about Joto, tbh.

Pretty much this. He's not being paid to be an all-star. He will have bad games every now and then. He's a bargain for what the Spurs are paying him.

Capt Bringdown
11-11-2017, 12:04 AM
This fucking faggot is unplayable against non-lottery teams. His balls shriveled up like raisins tonight.

In other words, he's a Spur.

daslicer
11-11-2017, 12:11 AM

I didn't know Milwaukee is a playoff team. Right now standing wise they are not even top 8 in the east. Rudy TBH has only had 2 bad games against playoff teams which was against the Magic and the Warriors.

TheGreatYacht
11-11-2017, 12:36 AM
I didn't know Milwaukee is a playoff team. Right now standing wise they are not even top 8 in the east. Rudy TBH has only had 2 bad games against playoff teams which was against the Magic and the Warriors.
Stop the homer schtick. This guy has folded at the sight of adversity so far. Sucks we can't play Charlotte every night

rastaspur
11-11-2017, 12:51 AM

With Bledsoe now in the mix they clearly are. To argue otherwise is silly.

daslicer
11-11-2017, 01:08 AM
Stop the homer schtick. This guy has folded at the sight of adversity so far. Sucks we can't play Charlotte every night

Facts are not being a homer. I gave you the facts and you decided to deflect.

daslicer
11-11-2017, 01:10 AM
With Bledsoe now in the mix they clearly are. To argue otherwise is silly.

Time will tell. I expected them to play out of their ass tonight with Bledsoe. Teams usually play with an emotional high when they acquire a new player. We'll see if they can play with the type of defensive intensity they played with tonight for the rest of the season.

Fireball
11-11-2017, 02:23 AM
normally Rudy is creating mismatches all over the place ... but the Bucks are just loooong dudes

Snaq O'Meal
11-11-2017, 03:10 AM
normally Rudy is creating mismatches all over the place ... but the Bucks are just loooong dudes

Rudy has more than enough length of his own to counter the Bucks' length. Just look at some of his past highlights where they had no answer for him as the main offensive focal point. It's still early days with him coming back from a devastating injury. He is still a step slow. Let's see how he fares later in the season.

DPG21920
11-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Have to be patient. Rudy has been an overwhelming success to start the year. Let’s see how his body improves as time goes on and how having Kawhi back helps as well.

wildbill2u
11-20-2017, 09:15 AM
I take back my previous comment. I saw him pass the ball the other night. Once.

DaBears
11-20-2017, 10:18 AM
RG reminds me of a Finley when he signed with the spurs, RG is a better player at this point of his career than Finley was when he signed. Worked out well for MF.

SAGirl
11-20-2017, 12:28 PM
He does pass the ball, but not in a way that leads to good shots. For example, he can be open at the 3, sometimes as a result of ball movement or a screen. He's clearly open, but he will still swing the ball around and not take that shot. He could also use that screen to drive, but doesn't. OTOH, I have seen him force up contested jumpshots in other occasions. So it's like wth? You pass up the open jumper but then want to force shit up? What gives? He is talented, but I just haven't been a fan of his shot selection lately.