PDA

View Full Version : OT: What the hell kind of sport is this?

djohn2oo8
11-03-2017, 09:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Cj6PCJ4.gif

DAF86
11-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Really? Do I even need to post some of the ridiculous GIFs about basketball flops?

Clipper Nation
11-03-2017, 10:30 PM
It's not a sport, OP.

midnightpulp
11-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Really? Do I even need to post some of the ridiculous GIFs about basketball flops?

Basketball flops aren't even close to the fagginess and underhandedness of soccer flops.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e0/3f/1e/e03f1e20910f51f4b2a7168da98fbc72.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/Lx09KsFf09Sxi/giphy.gif

Clipper Nation
11-03-2017, 10:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/COBcx6R.gif

https://i.imgur.com/p73rgsE.gif

DAF86
11-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Basketball flops aren't even close to the fagginess and underhandedness of soccer flops.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e0/3f/1e/e03f1e20910f51f4b2a7168da98fbc72.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/Lx09KsFf09Sxi/giphy.gif

Those gifs at least show contact.

Insert Bosh flop GIF in here.

I'm just too lazy, tbh.

spurraider21
11-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Soccer flops are by a wide margin the most ridiculous of any sport. Nothing remotely close. Soccer fans shouldn't argue this one. Choose your battles

midnightpulp
11-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Those gifs at least show contact.

Insert Bosh flop GIF in here.

I'm just too lazy, tbh.

:lol you know how many soccer dives have no contact at all?

You should want this shit cleaned up in the sport. No excusing it.

midnightpulp
11-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Soccer flops are by a wide margin the most ridiculous of any sport. Nothing remotely close. Soccer fans shouldn't argue this one. Choose your battles

They try :lol

My theory is the reason they went after baseball is because they know they'd have no argument against football, basketball, and hockey. With baseball, they can at least attack the pace issue. They can't attack anything in the other sports.

DAF86
11-03-2017, 11:03 PM
:lol you know how many soccer dives have no contact at all?

You should want this shit cleaned up in the sport. No excusing it.

Meh, I prefer that to 2 minutes of actual game time on a 5 hours game, tbh.

Clipper Nation
11-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Meh, I prefer that to 2 minutes of actual game time on a 5 hours game, tbh.

Povertyball has 0 minutes of actual game time in a two hour game... not counting the "extra time" that the corrupt refs add on at the end to make sure the favored team "wins," of course.

DAF86
11-03-2017, 11:06 PM

My theory is the reason they went after baseball is because they know they'd have no argument against football, basketball, and hockey. With baseball, they can at least attack the pace issue. They can't attack anything in the other sports.

Implying soccer fans are the ones that need to attack anything. :lol

The baseball thing began becuase it fucking sucks. Why would we shit on sports that are entertaining and actually display athletic traits, tbh? :lol

Mitch
11-03-2017, 11:11 PM

The baseball thing began becuase it fucking sucks. Why would we shit on sports that are entertaining and actually display athletic traits, tbh? :lol

Baseball is kinda expensive to play, tbh. Argies and other 3rd worlders stick to kickball :lol

midnightpulp
11-03-2017, 11:25 PM

Baseball athletes are more well rounded than basketball and football athletes. Try again.

"Ohhh, Lebron dribbled for 10 feet and made a 20 foot bullet pass to the corner!" So athletic. Ain't shit compared to this:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/SimmonsMarlins1.gif.opt_.gif

Threw that ball farther than the length of a basketball court.

DAF86
11-03-2017, 11:27 PM
Baseball athletes are more well rounded than basketball and football athletes. Try again.

"Ohhh, Lebron dribbled for 10 feet and made a 20 foot bullet pass to the corner!" So athletic. Ain't shit compared to this:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/SimmonsMarlins1.gif.opt_.gif

Threw that ball farther than the length of a basketball court.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

midnightpulp
11-03-2017, 11:33 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Dead sprinted for 50 feet, barehanded the ball, and in one motion fired a 90mph strike from about 100 feet out.

:lol Manu's "baseball passes." He's got such a baby arm, but it works for basketball. Also let me know the last time a basketball player dead sprinted at 22mph over a 120 feet and laid out to catch a ball sailing 100 feet in the air.

https://www.mlb.com/video/statcast-hamilton-races-22-mph/c-1086557283?tid=240568594

DAF86
11-03-2017, 11:38 PM
:lol

midnightpulp
11-03-2017, 11:40 PM

:lol No argument.

It's okay, son. You can go admire Manu's shitty baseball passes.

midnightpulp
11-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Baseball is kinda expensive to play, tbh. Argies and other 3rd worlders stick to kickball :lol

He's such a retard when it comes to baseball. He once told me it's not that hard to bat and all you have to do is not swing and you'll get a walk every time. The basis of his opinion came from watching shitty Argentine pitchers not being able to throw strikes. No wonder Manu has such a weak arm. They must not teach people how to throw in that country :lol

DAF86
11-03-2017, 11:47 PM
:lol No argument.

It's okay, son. You can go admire Manu's shitty baseball passes.

Nah, son. Your shitty argument doesn't deserve a reply. I would just get in a useless back and forth arguing a retarded shit that nobody else but you would dare to argue. And since you can be 24 hs straight arguing on the internet without taking a break, I'm afraid of falling in your trap, tbh.

From time to time I would engange for a couple of hours on something that is worth it, but this shit? Naaah. :lol

midnightpulp
11-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Nah, son. Your shitty argument doesn't deserve a reply. I would just get in a useless back and forth arguing a retarded shit that nobody else but you would dare to argue. And since you can be 24 hs straight arguing on the internet without taking a break, I'm afraid of falling in your trap, tbh.

From time to time I would engange for a couple of hours on something that is worth it, but this shit? Naaah. :lol

Because you have no argument, and are taking the easy way out. Simple question. What's more impressive about Lebron dribbling for 20 feet and then passing out 20 feet than the play I showed you?

You have no answer because you know I'm right. Nothing in basketball fucks with this, either.

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/puigcatch1.gif?w=1000

DAF86
11-04-2017, 12:04 AM
Because you have no argument, and are taking the easy way out. Simple question. What's more impressive about Lebron dribbling for 20 feet and then passing out 20 feet than the play I showed you?

You have no answer because you know I'm right. Nothing in basketball fucks with this, either.

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/puigcatch1.gif?w=1000

That's a freak play. Even that shit you showed me earlier happens, what?, one every other game at best? Baseball is a shitty designed sport that doesn't require athletic traits on 99,9% of the time.

Everyother sport is designed to display athletic traits such as jogging, jumping, sprinting, switching directions, etc. most of the time. So please cut the bullshit, because I really don't want to waste my time arguing such an unarguable retarded shit. Thank you very much.

midnightpulp
11-04-2017, 12:16 AM
That's a freak play. Even that shit you showed me earlier happens, what?, one every other game at best? Baseball is a shitty designed sport that doesn't require athletic traits on 99,9% of the time.

Everyother sport is designed to display athletic traits such as jogging, jumping, sprinting, switching directions, etc. most of the time. So please cut the bullshit, because I really don't want to waste my time arguing such an unarguable retarded shit. Thank you very much.

You must own a fidget spinner and play Pokemon Go. You see one of the most difficult athletic traits in sports on display every time a pitcher pitches. I get that your tiny brain, conditioned by goal sports (most unimaginative design there is for a sport), only wants to see "running around," but baseball is a different sport. And yes, there's a great deal of sprinting, jumping, switching directions. This is way more impressive than a dunk:

http://i.imgur.com/05MeTdj.gif

You don't understand what you see there, but pulling off that pitch requires a shitload more of athleticism than dunking or jogging around and then falling over to draw a penalty.

Clipper Nation
11-04-2017, 12:17 AM
Why do povertyball stans keep trying to argue when they know they're going to get humilitated by Mid every time? :lol

DAF86
11-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Why do povertyball stans keep trying to argue when they know they're going to get humilitated by Mid every time? :lol

Why do you encourage his pathological condition, son? It's not good for him.

Celebrating his twisted, retarded arguments, like for example: saying that a guy developing a particular speciality (that you can develop at elite leves even with a disgusting gut) is more impressive than a beast like Lebron being elite at pretty much every athletic trait there is out there, will only sink him deeper and deeper into his illness, tbh.

midnightpulp
11-04-2017, 12:25 AM

He's a moron. Only considers sports at the shallow level of how much stuff moves around on his television screen. Pitchers generate the same amount of power through their legs as a dunker. Shoulder rotation, fastest in sports. Probably the most mechanically demanding position in sports, too. I wonder how his fidget spinner collection is going :lol

midnightpulp
11-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Why do you encourage his pathological condition, son? It's not good for him.

Celebrating his spins and retarded arguments like saying a guy developing a particular speciality (that you can develop at elite leves even with a disclgusting gut) is more impressive than a beast like Lebron being elite at pretty much every athletic trait there is out there, will only sink him deeper and deeper into his illness, tbh.

:lol "Y-Y-You discuss stuff too much on a discussion board."

You can develop a disgusting gut and play elite rugby too. Not an argument.

Anyhow, Billy Hamilton is faster than Lebron, stronger arm, probably similar vertical, can hit, and has running back level lateral quickness. Yeah. Doesn't compare to Lebron at all. Baseball players show off sick dunks all the time while basketball players humiliate themselves trying to throw first pitches. One of the best passing guards in the league :lol

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/john-wall-first-pitch.gif?w=1000

DAF86
11-04-2017, 12:38 AM
:lol "Y-Y-You discuss stuff too much on a discussion board."

You can develop a disgusting gut and play elite rugby too. Not an argument.

Anyhow, Billy Hamilton is faster than Lebron, stronger arm, probably similar vertical, can hit, and has running back level lateral quickness.

So what? He barely gets to show off any of those traits because baseball is a shitty designed sport. Try to stay on topic son. :lol

Yeah. Doesn't compare to Lebron at all. Baseball players show off sick dunks all the time while basketball players humiliate themselves trying to throw first pitches. One of the best passing guards in the league :lol

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/john-wall-first-pitch.gif?w=1000

And that proves exactly what? If random baseball players were to try an "opening 3pt shot, or even free throw" on NBA games I'm sure we would get our fair share of air balls too. But again, I fail to see how any of that shit would prove anything.

DAF86
11-04-2017, 12:39 AM
And here I am. Friday night being sucked into mid's World. Smh.

midnightpulp
11-04-2017, 12:48 AM
So what? He barely gets to show off any of those traits because baseball is a shitty designed sport. Try to stay on topic son. :lol

Why do you need to see something flashy every 2 seconds to keep you engaged? Why should every sport conform to the derivative "guys on a rectangle moving around trying to put something into a goal or across a goal?" Do you also understand that pitching and hitting work those same muscle groups/core athletic traits just as much as when Messi cuts and kicks or when Lebron dribble drives? It's just as impressive, just as involving athletically. End of the day, you need your running around. Fine. But there's more to sports and athleticism than that.

BTW, shitty designed sports are ones that excessively end in ties.

midnightpulp
11-04-2017, 12:51 AM
And here I am. Friday night being sucked into mid's World. Smh.

You have 28K posts. Why are you here if you don't want discussion? And yes, I'm stubborn, because your arguments are irritatingly shallow as shit and close-minded. I can post scholarly articles about the athletic demands of pitching/hitting relative to other athletic actions, and it still won't get through your head because the only thing you consider is how much the players move.

DMC
11-04-2017, 01:46 AM

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/shake-weight-gif-2.gif

Poverty ball workout

Xevious
11-04-2017, 05:22 AM
http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/shake-weight-gif-2.gif

Poverty ball workout

Thebesteva
11-04-2017, 06:07 AM
It's not a sport, OP.

Real men clean piss pans

pookenstein
11-04-2017, 10:08 AM

Of course. Outcome of American football are too reliant on a minigame. And ironically that minigame, kicking, is about the only time the "ball" is touched with a foot.

Silver&Black
11-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Of course. Outcome of American football are too reliant on a minigame. And ironically that minigame, kicking, is about the only time the "ball" is touched with a foot.

And EVERY single person who plays Football makes fun of kickers because they aren't athletes.

:lmao

Clipper Nation
11-04-2017, 12:46 PM

Last year, the average margin of victory in the NFL was 10.23 - and that was the third lowest single-season average MOV in NFL history:

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/2016-NFL-Season-in-Review.aspx

This idea that football games are always being decided by field goals doesn't hold up to the facts.

Mitch
11-04-2017, 01:02 PM

It's not played on horseback, so it's football. Pretty simple

DMC
11-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Soccer folks playing the "foot" angle when their goalies use their hands with big fucking gloves, as if anything that happens on the field matters outside of scoring a goal.

Joseph Kony
11-04-2017, 01:32 PM
arguing over this is like arguing over whats gayer between getting buttfucked or sucking a cock...both are pretty gay

midnightpulp
11-04-2017, 04:36 PM

FGs aren't a minigame since they are built into football's gameplay from the beginning. A minigame would be the College Football OT rules or the worst mingame on the planet: Penalty shootouts.

midnightpulp
11-04-2017, 04:38 PM
And EVERY single person who plays Football makes fun of kickers because they aren't athletes.

:lmao

Kickers probably have the toughest job behind QBs. Imagine the pressure of having to nail a 48 yarder into the wind to win a playoff game? Fuck that.

And per advanced stats, they have the second most impact on team wins behind QBs.

#respectthekicker :lol

Silver&Black
11-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Kickers probably have the toughest job behind QBs. Imagine the pressure of having to nail a 48 yarder into the wind to win a playoff game? Fuck that.

And per advanced stats, they have the second most impact on team wins behind QBs.

#respectthekicker :lol

Never said they didn't have a tough job. I'm a Tampa Bay fan and we've lost 3 games this year because our kicker(s) suck ass. I know the importance of a great kicker.

Still doesn't change the fact that they're probably the most un-athletic people on the field.

midnightpulp
11-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Never said they didn't have a tough job. I'm a Tampa Bay fan and we've lost 3 games this year because our kicker(s) suck ass. I know the importance of a great kicker.

Still doesn't change the fact that they're probably the most un-athletic people on the field.

Yeah. No argument there.

DAF86
11-05-2017, 12:08 AM

Your only SB came with Gramatica as your kicker.

Argentina fuck yeah!

pookenstein
11-05-2017, 05:58 AM
Last year, the average margin of victory in the NFL was 10.23 - and that was the third lowest single-season average MOV in NFL history:

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/2016-NFL-Season-in-Review.aspx

This idea that football games are always being decided by field goals doesn't hold up to the facts.

In other words: a touchdown and a field goal. One touchdown and one minigame-kick. Got it.

pookenstein
11-05-2017, 06:02 AM
FGs aren't a minigame since they are built into football's gameplay from the beginning. A minigame would be the College Football OT rules or the worst mingame on the planet: Penalty shootouts.

"Oh shit, we can't run or pass the ball for ten fucking yards constantly. Luckily we have that other, easy, opportunity to score so American Football fans don't fall asleep, as they do in Baseball." Sounds like a minigame to me, senor.

midnightpulp
11-05-2017, 06:09 AM
"Oh shit, we can't run or pass the ball for ten fucking yards constantly. Luckily we have that other, easy, opportunity to score so American Football fans don't fall asleep, as they do in Baseball." Sounds like a minigame to me, senor.

That's like saying a corner kick is a minigame. Oh, and American Football didn't invent the FG. It's a tweak on rugby's penalty kicks. Built into the two sports gameplay from day 1. Mingame is garbage like a penalty shootout. "Oh, our core game design is so shit, it winds up in ties 30% of the time, better come up with an arbitrary and fast way to break that tie so our fans don't break into another riot."

pookenstein
11-05-2017, 02:00 PM
That's like saying a corner kick is a minigame. Oh, and American Football didn't invent the FG. It's a tweak on rugby's penalty kicks. Built into the two sports gameplay from day 1. Mingame is garbage like a penalty shootout. "Oh, our core game design is so shit, it winds up in ties 30% of the time, better come up with an arbitrary and fast way to break that tie so our fans don't break into another riot."

No, it's not. One thing (corner or throw in) happens when the ball goes out of bounds, the other happens when a team of specialists fails to run/pass for ten fucking yards. In three tries.
I don't know where you got the 30%, but that number might be correct. Too lazy to look it up and from what I've read from previous posts I believe you. Substract all FG-points from American Football scores and I believe there would be a lot of ties as well.

And props to the riot comeback. Liked that. :bobo

midnightpulp
11-05-2017, 08:14 PM
No, it's not. One thing (corner or throw in) happens when the ball goes out of bounds, the other happens when a team of specialists fails to run/pass for ten fucking yards. In three tries.
I don't know where you got the 30%, but that number might be correct. Too lazy to look it up and from what I've read from previous posts I believe you. Substract all FG-points from American Football scores and I believe there would be a lot of ties as well.

And props to the riot comeback. Liked that. :bobo

I know it's not a minigame, but calling an FG a minigame is, again, like calling a corner a mingame. The reason neither are minigames is because they were included in the sport's gameplay from the outset and both have to be "earned." A corner is earned by penetrating into defensive territory and creating a deflection off a defender that goes out of bounds at the baseline. A FG is earned by getting into field goal range. Simply put, you still have to play the core game to earn them. A penalty shootout involves nothing of the sort. You're reaching here. Shootouts are shit (whether in hockey or soccer, so I'm not just blindly attacking soccer).