PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like George Clooney is maybe retiring from acting

Quadzilla99
11-06-2017, 11:03 PM
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/amp13437639/george-clooney-acting-career-end/

Top 3 Clooney movies imo

Out of Sight
From Dusk Till Dawn
Michael Clayton

He didn't have as good a career as I thought looking over his filmography. Lot of good but not great movies. No real classics

Quadzilla99
11-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Forgot Gravity that was great maybe best thing he's been in but not really a Clooney movie. Same with Thin Red Line

benefactor
11-06-2017, 11:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtghaTYkKoU

DeadlyDynasty
11-06-2017, 11:24 PM
"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them!"

Robz4000
11-06-2017, 11:28 PM
Bruh, Men Who Stare At Goats is GOAT-tier.

Avante
11-06-2017, 11:57 PM
I've never seen a Clooney movie where some other actor couldn;t have played the part.

Only Brando could star in...On The Waterfront/Streetcar Named Desire

Only Bogart in....Casablanca/The Maltese Falcon/Key Largo

Only Pacino in....The Godfather

Only James Dean in.....Rebel Without A Cause/East of Efen

Only Cagney in...City For Conquest

Only Orson Wells in....Citizan Kane

Only Paul Newman in....Cool Hand Luke

Only Gibson in....The Roadwarrior

Only DeNiro in....Ragging Bull

Only John Wayne in....The Searchers

baseline bum
11-07-2017, 12:09 AM
Only Old Faggot in....Olangapo child rape.

Avante
11-07-2017, 12:19 AM
Only Old Faggot in....Olangapo child rape.

Stupid, tell that to the million sailors who were there before me and the million who were there after I left. Stupid, do you have a clue at all? My God you're stupid. And....do you know what the legal age was over there? Ya don't do ya stupid?

pgardn
11-07-2017, 12:42 AM
Oh Brother Where Art Thou...

Pavlov
11-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Hey, someone made an irrelevant list.

Avante
11-07-2017, 12:55 AM
Oh Brother Where Art Thou...

There is a scene in the movie where Tommy Johnson (Chris Thomas King) is singing a song around a camp fire. The song is a classic...Hard Tme Killing Floor. Problems is that tune belonged to Skip James, not Tommy Johnson*** and it came out after the flood of 27.

*** his....Canned Heat Blues, is where that 60's blues/rock band got their name.....Canned Heat. They were huge fans of them old blues.

pgardn
11-07-2017, 01:04 AM
There is a scene in the movie where Tommy Johnson (Chris Thomas King) is singing a song around a camp fire. The song is a classic...Hard Tme Killing Floor. Problems is that tune belonged to Skip James, not Tommy Johnson and it came out after the flood of 27.

Yeah?

Well there is a scene where the maidens at the crick turn one of the boys to a leopard frog which they keep in a box providing no moisture to the skin... problem is, it would kill it. The other problem, he was not turned into a leopard frog which they refer to as a toad.

"We thought... You were...A Toad"

So yeah.
That ruins the movie.

AaronY
11-07-2017, 02:02 AM
Clooney: "we are looking to get $3 billion dollar in gold bouillion"
Spike Jonze: "You mean those little cubes you put in soup."
Clooney sighs then deadpans: "no..not the little cubes that you put into soup."

spurraider21
11-07-2017, 02:13 AM
Intolerable Cruelty imo

spurraider21
11-07-2017, 02:14 AM
also what about lol batman

UZER
11-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Is he trying to disappear before getting called out for being a predator, or an enabler?

Quadzilla99
11-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Is he trying to disappear before getting called out for being a predator, or an enabler?

Is this one of those right wing things where you hate him because he's a Hollywood liberal?

Quadzilla99
11-07-2017, 08:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtghaTYkKoU

Lol

UZER
11-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Is this one of those right wing things where you hate him because he's a Hollywood liberal?

No, but thanks for profiling me.

Chucho
11-07-2017, 12:17 PM

Or, just maybe the fact that it's a sickening, rapid trend with names being dropped daily. Rape/molestation/sexual misconduct isn't a political thing, it's a rich privilege thing and it's being exposed as it should be.

Quadzilla99
11-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Or, just maybe the fact that it's a sickening, rapid trend with names being dropped daily. Rape/molestation/sexual misconduct isn't a political thing, it's a rich privilege thing and it's being exposed as it should be.

This is true. Hope Clooneys not involved in anything horrible since I doubt I'll be watching Spacey's movies and would hate to have to avoid another guy's. If that article is right he did get a billion dollars for selling some tequila so him retiring seems plausible.

Chucho
11-07-2017, 01:26 PM
For me:

O Brother Where art Thou

Gravity

The Men who Stared at Goats

I was REALLY, REALLY disappointed in Monuments Men (history, specifically WW2 is RIGHT up my alley) and Hail Cesar (Magic Mike's dance number shouldn't be the highlight of the film.)

I also liked Burn after Reading, but not so much for Clooney as the overall movie and story.

timtonymanu
11-07-2017, 01:45 PM
I saw Michael Clayton for the first time recently and it’s an underrated flick.

UZER
11-07-2017, 02:00 PM
For me:

O Brother Where art Thou

Gravity

I was REALLY, REALLY disappointed in Monuments Men (history, specifically WW2 is RIGHT up my alley) and Hail Cesar (Magic Mike's dance number shouldn't be the highlight of the film.)

I also liked Burn after Reading, but not so much for Clooney as the overall movie and story.

Not a big Clooney fan. Plus, his constant head bobble is hard to ignore.

With that said, O Brother Where Art Thou is one of my favorite movies. He was great in that flick.

The Gemini Method
11-07-2017, 03:50 PM
I thought he was pretty good in Up in the Air. But The Men Who Stared at Goats and Gravity would be my top tier of his movies. Probably should lament his role as Batman.

DeadlyDynasty
11-07-2017, 06:02 PM
It's like the steroid era in baseball where everyone was presumed guilty, you just have to assume they all raped. I'm not buying the tequila schtick

lefty
11-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Didn't he retire a long time ago?

Chris
11-07-2017, 07:54 PM
I've never seen a Clooney movie where some other actor couldn;t have played the part.

Same here. Nothing special but a face to look at imo

Chris
11-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Probably the worst Batman ever and Kilmer was baaaaad.

UZER
11-07-2017, 08:21 PM
It's like the steroid era in baseball where everyone was presumed guilty, you just have to assume they all raped. I'm not buying the tequila schtick

I agree.

Either that, or he knows a whole hell of a lot about Weinstein and others and is getting out before he has to answer as to why he didn't say anything.

DMC
11-07-2017, 10:00 PM
I agree.

Either that, or he knows a whole hell of a lot about Weinstein and others and is getting out before he has to answer as to why he didn't say anything.

That won't get him out. He's still George Clooney.

DMC
11-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Not a big Clooney fan. Plus, his constant head bobble is hard to ignore.

With that said, O Brother Where Art Thou is one of my favorite movies. He was great in that flick.

Remove his co-actors and he's pedestrian at best. Like My Cousin Vinny, Ralph Macchio could have simply been replaced with a mannequin. It was the others like Tomei and the stuttering lawyer, Fred Gwen and even the prosecuting attorney. All flawless performances. Pesci was good too, though unbelievable as Tomei's fiancee. He looked 65.

UZER
11-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Remove his co-actors and he's pedestrian at best. Like My Cousin Vinny, Ralph Macchio could have simply been replaced with a mannequin. It was the others like Tomei and the stuttering lawyer, Fred Gwen and even the prosecuting attorney. All flawless performances. Pesci was good too, though unbelievable as Tomei's fiancee. He looked 65.

I think it was believable. With the attitude she had, seems like she would've run off guy after guy. He had just enough confidence, though misguided sometimes, along with asshole in him to contain her.

leemajors
11-08-2017, 08:46 AM
For me:

O Brother Where art Thou

Gravity

yeah it felt like they went through the motions with that one.

mingus
11-10-2017, 02:10 PM
He was great in FDTD.

That was his niche. Or it should have been. When he tried to be an Oscar actor or do some artsy type role, he lost me.

monosylab1k
11-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Out Of Sight is far and away his best movie. And Syriana is far and away his worst.

But yeah, he was a pretty bland actor, aside from having good comedic chemistry with the Coen Bros.

Chucho
11-10-2017, 07:51 PM
I always thought he could have done anything Mel Gibson did, they just seemed so similar.

UZER
11-10-2017, 08:01 PM
I always thought he could have done anything Mel Gibson did, they just seemed so similar.

You think Clooney could've played William Wallace?

No way.

unleashbaynes
11-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Damn, we're in a tight spot

SpursforSix
11-10-2017, 10:28 PM
You think Clooney could've played William Wallace?

No way.

Lol. That's a funny thought. Or Mad Max. Or even Martin Riggs.

Chucho
11-10-2017, 10:51 PM
Lol. That's a funny thought. Or Mad Max. Or even Martin Riggs.

I totally see him as Riggs.

SpursforSix
11-10-2017, 10:55 PM
I totally see him as Riggs.

Idk. I'd have to see it. I think he'd be wrong enough by a couple degrees.

Chucho
11-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Idk. I'd have to see it. I think he'd be wrong enough by a couple degrees.

Finding a suitable Murtaugh would be rougher, tbh imo.

SpursforSix
11-11-2017, 05:14 AM
Finding a suitable Murtaugh would be rougher, tbh imo.

Idk. I think that's not hard. Lou Gosset Jr. or Billy D. If he has to be negro. Even Eddie Murphy.

Pelicans78
11-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Stupid, tell that to the million sailors who were there before me and the million who were there after I left. Stupid, do you have a clue at all? My God you're stupid. And....do you know what the legal age was over there? Ya don't do ya stupid?

So tell us what really happened.

Quadzilla99
11-12-2017, 05:20 AM

You fucked an underage girl?

Chucho
11-13-2017, 12:23 AM
Idk. I think that's not hard. Lou Gosset Jr. or Billy D. If he has to be negro. Even Eddie Murphy.

Isn't Gossett older then Glover? Billy D Williams is still alive?

SpursforSix
11-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Isn't Gossett older then Glover? Billy D Williams is still alive?

Yeah...Gossett is definitely older. But Lethal Weapon was like 30 years ago. He would have been young enough to do that. I don't know if Billy D is still alive.
Yes, he's still alive but as old as Gossett.

Chucho
11-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Yeah...Gossett is definitely older. But Lethal Weapon was like 30 years ago. He would have been young enough to do that. I don't know if Billy D is still alive.
Yes, he's still alive but as old as Gossett.

And this is why I rely on you as THE Expert here on ST. Much thanks.

SpursforSix
11-13-2017, 02:06 PM
And this is why I rely on you as THE Expert here on ST. Much thanks.

And let's not forget that the Lethal Weapon series pretty much made Glover a household name. Sort of. He was good in The Color Purple.
The point being that there were probably many unknown black actors that could have stepped into the role and made it work.

Chucho
11-13-2017, 02:08 PM
And let's not forget that the Lethal Weapon series pretty much made Glover a household name. Sort of. He was good in The Color Purple.
The point being that there were probably many unknown black actors that could have stepped into the role and made it work.

Honestly, Samuel L. Jackson could do it. ANY black guy roll he can do. He's a legit GOAT black actor, even moreso than Denzel.

SpursforSix
11-13-2017, 05:38 PM
You fucked an underage girl?

Or it might have possibly been a boy. He's not sure.

Quadzilla99
11-13-2017, 05:42 PM
Or it might have possibly been a boy. He's not sure.

He also said: "And....do you know what the legal age was over there?"

I'm scared to look. What if it was like 12? What if it was 10?

SpursforSix
11-13-2017, 05:53 PM

It doesn't matter. His defense is that everyone else was doing it.

11-13-2017, 06:16 PM

Pretty sure he has said before it was 12 tbh. It's one of his excuses

spurraider21
11-14-2017, 12:24 AM
a week too late... but do people actually give macchio credit for my cousin vinny? ive never heard that

Chucho
11-14-2017, 12:32 AM
a week too late... but do people actually give macchio credit for my cousin vinny? ive never heard that
LOL, same here. That comment reminded me that he was even in it.

spurraider21
11-14-2017, 12:37 AM
LOL, same here. That comment reminded me that he was even in it.
knowing him the answer is probably

no i've never heard that either but i'm sure liberals would

Chucho
11-14-2017, 12:47 AM
knowing him the answer is probably

no i've never heard that either but i'm sure liberals would

Im confused.

SpursforSix
11-14-2017, 12:49 AM
Oh snap. Was Macchio a victim?

Chucho
11-14-2017, 12:55 AM
I dunno, but Richard Dreyfus is the latest accused.

What if Swayze "Sheened" little Ralphie on the set of Outsiders? Tbh, if I had to lay money down tho, it'd be on Cruise.

spurraider21
11-14-2017, 02:21 AM
Im confused.
somehow he'll find a way to blame liberals

Xevious
11-14-2017, 02:28 AM
Pretty sure he has said before it was 12 tbh. It's one of his excuses

I believe it was fourteen. And his argument is always "the legal drinking age was 18!" Doesn't mean anything. Just means he took advantage of some child sex slaves. Poor girls or their family's probably weren't getting paid shit.

Chucho
11-14-2017, 11:18 AM
somehow he'll find a way to blame liberals

LOL, gotcha.

DMC
11-14-2017, 08:42 PM

No. That's my point.