PDA

View Full Version : Good News Tony / Bad News Kawhi

Brazil
11-09-2017, 06:22 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/spurs-injury-gregg-popovich-says-021428188.html

speaking about Kawhi: "It's just been more difficult for him to get through the rehab routine,"

"(Leonard's) body hasn't reacted the same way as Tony's," Popovich said. "Tony's at the point where he's been going 5-on-5 and that kind of thing. He's not totally confident. It'll be a few more weeks. But he's definitely going the right direction. And so is Kawhi. It's just taking a little bit longer."

Tony is a boss in the rehab department tbh...

sucks for Kawhi

Slippy
11-09-2017, 06:27 AM
A 35 yo body recovering better than a 25yo or whatever kawai is . Ain't a good sign for the future

Brazil
11-09-2017, 06:34 AM
A 35 yo body recovering better than a 25yo or whatever kawai is . Ain't a good sign for the future

yeah that's very worrisome tbh... reading stuff like it is more difficult for a 25 y/o to get through rehab routine is wow... I'm not sure in English but sounds like it is not just a body issue but a mental one for Kawhi.. if true disappointing

YGWHI
11-09-2017, 08:18 AM
yeah that's very worrisome tbh... reading stuff like it is more difficult for a 25 y/o to get through rehab routine is wow... I'm not sure in English but sounds like it is not just a body issue but a mental one for Kawhi.. if true disappointing

I could get why he feels this way. He was working hard all summer, we watched IG vids about his workouts...He even traveled with this trainer to China to continue his summer work.

Then in training camp Spurs' doctors told him his injury didn't heal in the way they expected...He already missed 10 games in the season that most people saw him as the serious MVP.

He has to deal with that frustration. He wanted to dominate the league but he has to watch games on the bench now. Dealing with something like this it's not easy.

That's why Parker and Kawhi are in two whole different situations. One player wants to come back to enjoy playing his last seasons without any pressure at this point of his career...The other already knows he missed a possible MVP but also, he missed the opportunity to help his team to get a 2-3 seed that would have been crucial to make WCF again.

NameLess Scrub
11-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Kawhi is showing signs of a career altering injury and I'm worried.

I mean, WB had knee surgery and Durant had a broken foot and they're running wild.

It'd be so sad to lose such a great player to injury.

YGWHI
11-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Kawhi is showing signs of a career altering injury and I'm worried.

I mean, WB had knee surgery and Durant had a broken foot and they're running wild.

It'd be so sad to lose such a great player to injury.

I wonder how you know that Kawhi won't heal and "run wild" next seasons...KD missed 60 games in a season, the next he was fine. Why it can't be Kawhi's case, too?

LittleCriminal
11-09-2017, 08:34 AM
http://www.baliadventureguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/zIFhnl1450792707-284x237.jpg

Mikeanaro
11-09-2017, 09:27 AM
But some said he was going back to action the 1rst week of November, SOURCES!?! SAUCES!?!?!? SORCERERS!!!!

NameLess Scrub
11-09-2017, 09:28 AM
I wonder how you know that Kawhi won't heal and "run wild" next seasons...KD missed 60 games in a season, the next he was fine. Why it can't be Kawhi's case, too?

I don't. Which is why I said I'm worried. Just saying from what is said around that he seems to have something lingering. I guess we just need more info but that tendon stuff seems for real.

Hoping worst case he misses a lot of games but comes back better than ever.

cutewizard
11-09-2017, 09:38 AM
:bang

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-09-2017, 09:45 AM
That's why Parker and Kawhi are in two whole different situations. One player wants to come back to enjoy playing his last seasons without any pressure at this point of his career...The other already knows he missed a possible MVP but also, he missed the opportunity to help his team to get a 2-3 seed that would have been crucial to make WCF again.

Even if Kawhi isn't back until late December the 3 spot is still obtainable. I think GS and Houston are going to win a lot of regular season games but there will be a logjam after that for 3-6.

buttsR4rebounding
11-09-2017, 09:58 AM
I could get why he feels this way. He was working hard all summer, we watched IG vids about his workouts...He even traveled with this trainer to China to continue his summer work.

Then in training camp Spurs' doctors told him his injury didn't heal in the way they expected...He already missed 10 games in the season that most people saw him as the serious MVP.

He has to deal with that frustration. He wanted to dominate the league but he has to watch games on the bench now. Dealing with something like this it's not easy.

You do realize that even without Kawhi and Tony the Spurs are currently tied for the 3rd seed, one game behind the 2nd seed. And if Kawhi comes back and dominates his name will likely be in the MVP talk assuming he doesn't miss more time after he comes back. The sky is falling. The sky is falling!

Dex
11-09-2017, 10:04 AM
He'll be fine. They just want him to be back to 100% so he can play up to his capabilities and not re-injure himself.

TheDoctor
11-09-2017, 10:09 AM
But some said he was going back to action the 1rst week of November, SOURCES!?! SAUCES!?!?!? SORCERERS!!!!
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/491/907/29daa8b184550a435d3414268121e311_crop_exact.jpg?w= 1500&h=1500&q=85

peacemaker885
11-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Still don't beleive it. All these vague responses and nothing specific. This is a deliberate ploy of PTFO to get the other players going, IMO.

Brazil
11-09-2017, 10:21 AM

I understand perfectly his frustration but he has to learn to deal with it and this should not be an issue to follow strictly a rehab program. Routine of rehab is indeed a pain in the ass and extremely boring but a pro has to learn to accept it.

FkLA
11-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Enrique coming back early?

Sounds like double bad news to me. :pctoss

Brazil
11-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Enrique coming back early?

Sounds like double bad news to me. :pctoss

:lol was expecting dat post

ECOV
11-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Still don't beleive it. All these vague responses and nothing specific. This is a deliberate ploy of PTFO to get the other players going, IMO.
Same, i believe so as well.

cd98
11-09-2017, 11:56 AM
I'm so grateful I have great tickets to see the Greek Freak match up against Kyle Anderson. So worth the money.

sasaint
11-09-2017, 12:03 PM

Seconded!

Kool Bob Love
11-09-2017, 12:06 PM
But but but Fat Porker tho!!! Kawhi's is such a pussy man.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Kawhi has always been a china doll sadly

rjv
11-09-2017, 12:33 PM
frenchie is tougher than the kid from compton. go figure.

rjv
11-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Kawhi has always been a china doll sadly dude even got hurt in an HEB commercial.

SpursforSix
11-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Have they ruled out that he has the sickle cell trait?

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor. But I hear phrases like this on podcasts and stuff. So it's possible, I'm qualified to make those calls.

Fireball
11-09-2017, 12:38 PM

says the man who even breaks steal

hater
11-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Chinadoll

Stephen Kawhawkins tbqh

Spur|n|Austin
11-09-2017, 01:07 PM
He'll be fine. They just want him to be back to 100% so he can play up to his capabilities and not re-injure himself.

This this this. People overreacting per ST par.

rjv
11-09-2017, 01:18 PM
This this this. People overreacting per ST par. ST overreact?! never!!

BillMc
11-09-2017, 01:56 PM

Says the man who sidelined Joff for two weeks with one thread post. :lol

Play Boban
11-09-2017, 02:21 PM
It might be time to cut Kawhi and move on before his body falls apart tbh. Maybe we can trade him says and recoup some picks for him?

Play Boban
11-09-2017, 02:23 PM
:wow Troof bomb :wow

bic50
11-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Not really

bic50
11-09-2017, 02:25 PM
It might be time to cut Kawhi and move on before his body falls apart tbh. Maybe we can trade him says and recoup some picks for him?
Can't tell if you're serious.

bic50
11-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Spurs fans turning on their best player. Sad but typical

spursistan
11-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Fanboys don't want to admit it, or at least recognize the red flags about his health and durability...I opened a thread about him inching closer and closer to " injury-prone" category..He may not be there yet, but his "Availability" is found lacking almost every season---whether it is shitty stomach virus, an inflammation in the ear/eye, a mysterious wrist sprain, he is gonna miss a couple of weeks here and there like clockwork.. etc

When a star player misses an average of 13 games per season in his first 6 years in the league (not counting '17-'18), there is something wrong there especially when we are talking about guy who has been babied minutes-wise his entire career..

bic50
11-09-2017, 02:28 PM
But but but Fat Porker tho!!! Kawhi's is such a pussy man.
The Irony of this post. Your bitch ass was nowhere to be found all last season :lol

bic50
11-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Fanboys don't want to admit it, or at least recognize the red flags about his health and durability...I opened a thread about him inching closer and closer to " injury-prone" category..He may not be there yet, but his "Availability" is found lacking almost every season---whether it is shitty stomach virus, an inflammation in the ear/eye, a mysterious wrist sprain, he is gonna miss a couple of weeks here and there like clockwork.. etc

When a star player misses an average of 13 games per season in his first 6 years in the league (not counting '17-'18), there is something wrong there especially when we are talking about guy who has been babied minutes-wise his entire career..
No it's nothing more then an overreaction as per usual here at ST

Hoops Czar
11-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Sure, it's only taken him 6+ months to heal and there's still no timetable for his return. And posters thought that there was a chance he might return for game 3 of the Western Conference Finals. :lol Why on earth should anyone be concerned when Tony Parker, who suffered a career threatening injury, makes it back to the court before Kawhi Le🤕nard?

Hoops Czar
11-09-2017, 02:53 PM
whether it is shitty stomach virus, an inflammation in the ear/eye, a mysterious wrist sprain, he is gonna miss a couple of weeks here and there like clockwork..

Don't forget toothache.

rjv
11-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Spurs fans turning on their best player. Sad but typical just having some fun with the situation. of course, the spurs need leonard.

Brazil
11-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Bottom line Tony will come back before Kawhi... that's crazy when you think about it tbh :depressed

raybies
11-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Says the man who sidelined Joff for two weeks with one thread post. :lol
:rollin

also preceded a four game losing streak...

RD2191
11-09-2017, 04:03 PM
This thread, SMH. OP should be deported TBH

Amuseddaysleeper
11-09-2017, 04:09 PM

:tu

Every year he has some bizarre injury that keeps him out way longer than the average player. Whether its a random eye infection, or a random quad injury it feels like Kawhi misses at least 10 games or so every year. Love the guy, but like you said, for a guy who is so coddled with minutes it really is worrisome at this point.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Not really

Yeah, really.

rastaspur
11-09-2017, 04:26 PM
The aposauce clearly was bad. It was beyond its shelf life.

UZER
11-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Don't forget toothache.

Or the nail sticking up on the court.

Stabula
11-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Bottom line Tony will come back before Kawhi... that's crazy when you think about it tbh :depressed

lefty20
11-09-2017, 04:50 PM
The aposauce clearly was bad. It was beyond its shelf life.

Dude's gotta fix dat shite b4 the Christmas reunion with is aunt, tbh.

bklynspursfan
11-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Sure, it's only taken him 6+ months to heal and there's still no timetable for his return. And posters thought that there was a chance he might return for game 3 of the Western Conference Finals. :lol Why on earth should anyone be concerned when Tony Parker, who suffered a career threatening injury, makes it back to the court before Kawhi Le洛nard?

Completely different injuries tho. (WCF was ankle) He could've injured the quad from working too hard during the summer.

BillMc
11-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Completely different injuries tho. (WCF was ankle) He could've injured the quad from working too hard during the summer.
By all accounts he did

BillMc
11-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Dude's gotta fix dat shite b4 the Christmas reunion with is aunt, tbh.
:lol

bic50
11-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Yeah, really.
No

bic50
11-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Not really

bklynspursfan
11-09-2017, 07:42 PM
By all accounts he did

Makes sense. His work ethic is crazy

tholdren
11-09-2017, 08:22 PM

How old are you?

tholdren
11-09-2017, 08:24 PM

Every year he has some bizarre injury that keeps him out way longer than the average player. Whether its a random eye infection, or a random quad injury it feels like Kawhi misses at least 10 games or so every year. Love the guy, but like you said, for a guy who is so coddled with minutes it really is worrisome at this point.

Why is it worrisome? Has his minor injuries ever affected the outcome of playoffs? No... so move along. For all we know this is pop trolling the new league rest rules.

Ice009
11-09-2017, 08:44 PM

How many players in the NBA play as hard as he does on both defense and offense? That's gotta take it's toll, physically.

Chinook
11-09-2017, 09:30 PM
How many players in the NBA play as hard as he does on both defense and offense? That's gotta take it's toll, physically.

I don't think you can used that excuse. He's been missing games in chunks for years now. Kawhi does just seem naturally fragile. Like his INJ rating in 2K would just be lower than average. At this point, it's just something the team has to live with, and I think they are doing a good job of that now. Just wish they had drafted Bell or Bolden over White. Would have a very well balanced roster if they had.

TheDoctor
11-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Why is it worrisome? Has his minor injuries ever affected the outcome of playoffs? No... so move along. For all we know this is pop trolling the new league rest rules.
One of the worst takes ever tbh. I doubt a player as competitive as Kawhi agreed to sit 15-20 games just to troll the League. Wtf?

YGWHI
11-09-2017, 10:08 PM
How old are you?

Dont wanna waste my time asking why you....

22. My bday is on February if you want to give me a gift.

BatManu20
11-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Wut

YGWHI
11-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Even if Kawhi isn't back until late December the 3 spot is still obtainable. I think GS and Houston are going to win a lot of regular season games but there will be a logjam after that for 3-6.

IDK. Some fans here say this season remind them of 2015 regular season. Many injuries Tiago's calf, Patty shoulder, Kawhi hand, Beli groin, Parker's hamstring... #6 seed.

Odds don't favor us but #6 is too pessimistic. I would say 3-4 seed is more realistic.

Play Boban
11-09-2017, 10:43 PM
:cry

ElNono
11-09-2017, 10:49 PM
Spurs might need to move on, tbh... injury prone, long recovery times, turns down fan's daughters in crutches... smh

YGWHI
11-09-2017, 10:54 PM
And if Kawhi comes back and dominates his name will likely be in the MVP talk assuming he doesn't miss more time after he comes back.
Iverson was the only MVP that missed 11 games in the NBA history, Kawhi would miss more this season...Obviously, it could change. Like changed seed-importance or ppg-relevance in other MVP voting results. Anyway, Kawhi still can make All NBA and ASG.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/mvp.html

However, the only thing that matters is to have him fully recovered, 100% healthy.

YGWHI
11-09-2017, 11:03 PM
I opened a thread about him inching closer and closer to " injury-prone" category..whether it is shitty stomach virus, an inflammation in the ear/eye.

"Injuries" :lol

Play Boban
11-10-2017, 12:49 AM
Spurs might need to move on, tbh... injury prone, long recovery times, turns down fan's daughters in crutches... smh

spurs10
11-10-2017, 02:49 AM
Spurs might need to move on, tbh... injury prone, long recovery times, turns down fan's daughters in crutches... smh Can't even do fan's daughter! Trade now!!

Brazil
11-10-2017, 05:44 AM
This thread, SMH. OP should be deported TBH

wtf son ? another shooting the messenger bs ?

John B
11-10-2017, 06:19 AM
MVP is the last thing in his mind. The important thing is getting back 100% healthy, whenever that is. He is young. I’m sure he’ll have plenty of opportunities to get MVP consideration.

John B
11-10-2017, 06:23 AM

This. The guy just works too hard as shown by his improvements every year.

rjv
11-10-2017, 11:06 AM
seeming to be fragile and being fragile are entirely different. there is not one single poster here could categorically state that they know for certain kawhi is injury prone. especially since we don't even know what the hell is actually going on with him.

skulls138
11-10-2017, 11:23 AM
OMG this is obviously CIA Pop! Sit Kawhi to let LMA and Gay get comfortable within the system, being Kawhi back with plenty of time to reaquaint, blow GSW away. You guys....so naive, so gullible. :lol :lol :lol

Russ
11-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Wut

Back in Cali for some turkey!

hater
11-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Back in Cali for some turkey!

This is actually the truth :lol

tholdren
11-10-2017, 06:26 PM
One of the worst takes ever tbh. I doubt a player as competitive as Kawhi agreed to sit 15-20 games just to troll the League. Wtf?

Why not?

tholdren
11-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Dont wanna waste my time asking why you....

22. My bday is on February if you want to give me a gift.
Just read more. By 30 you may even out

Spurs9
11-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Kawhi needs to train with LaVar Ball for rehab.

SASdynasty!
11-10-2017, 11:08 PM
Come back soon MVParker

Brazil
11-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Why not?

:lmao