PDA

View Full Version : Democrat takes the high road

RandomGuy
11-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Democrats and Republicans are not "the same".

Not even close.

Self described ‘chief homophobe,’ and author of Virginia's "bathroom bill" loses to transgender woman.

Her response on election night about her thoughts on the man:

“I’m not here to get into divisive talk or attack someone,” Roem said. “He is now my constituent, and my job is to represent him and all of the people of the district.”

Is there anyone here that has any doubt that if the situation had been reversed, the Republican would have been as gracious?

AaronY
11-09-2017, 05:06 PM
We're so wonderful aren't we! Much better than those stupid Republicans!

Let's all gather around in a circle and bust a nut in the middle!

DarrinS
11-09-2017, 05:36 PM

:lol

RandomGuy
11-09-2017, 06:12 PM

Guilty as charged. I stand by my statement though. "Is there anyone here that has any doubt that if the situation had been reversed, the Republican would have been as gracious?"

Worth seeing, though, a politician take the high road, and not be a divisive shit anyway, yes?

RandomGuy
11-09-2017, 06:14 PM
:lol

"Is there anyone here that has any doubt that if the situation had been reversed, the Republican would have been as gracious?"

DMC
11-09-2017, 06:23 PM

Not even close.

Self described ‘chief homophobe,’ and author of Virginia's "bathroom bill" loses to transgender woman.

Her response on election night about her thoughts on the man:

Is there anyone here that has any doubt that if the situation had been reversed, the Republican would have been as gracious?

How's old Bob Menendez doing these days?

DMC
11-09-2017, 06:24 PM
"Is there anyone here that has any doubt that if the situation had been reversed, the Republican would have been as gracious?"
Bush 43 didn't go in and steal all the furniture and "O" keys from all the keyboards when he left the WH, so yeah.

RandomGuy once again drawing attention to Buzzfeed type shit.

Spurtacular
11-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Bush 43 didn't go in and steal all the furniture and "O" keys from all the keyboards when he left the WH, so yeah.

RandomGuy once again drawing attention to Buzzfeed type shit.

Don't know the story behind that. Looked and found this:

https://www.wetheproudpatriots.com/2017/07/13/obama-caught-stealing-key-item-presidents-office-hes-going-pay/

Why the fuck wouls a former president have the power to take legal documents with him to delay or subvert justice?

DarrinS
11-09-2017, 07:07 PM

Not my president! Resist! Night of Autistic screeching. So gracious.

cd021
11-09-2017, 07:13 PM
Virginia GOP has its fair share of dumb asses including the loser that Roem beat, but Gillespie takes the cake.

Who runs a white lives matter (aka cultural conservatism) campaign in a state that is 30% minority with a lot of white liberal voters. Surprised he only lost by 9 points tbh.

TeyshaBlue
11-09-2017, 09:36 PM
:cheer

Wild Cobra
11-09-2017, 11:12 PM
Democrat takes the high road

Well, there is the first time for everything.

RandomGuy
11-10-2017, 11:25 AM

How's old Bob Menendez doing these days?

I will assume you don't think that a conservative Christian Republican had won against a Democratic trans woman, they would have been gracious then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Given what I have seen from your posting history, it would seem you are lying when you say you think they are "the same" and hate them both equally, even if you can't bring yourself to acknowledge that at some level you know it isn't true.

RandomGuy
11-10-2017, 11:28 AM

Not my president! Resist! Night of Autistic screeching. So gracious.

“I’m not here to get into divisive talk or attack someone,” Roem said. “He is now my constituent, and my job is to represent him"

I can see how that might rankle you. People do poorly when they are confronted with evidence that counters what they think is true. You can't even admit this was gracious, can you?

RandomGuy
11-10-2017, 11:29 AM

Guilty as charged. I want to see more Democrats, and Republicans for that matter, do exactly what Roem did.

Until we hold people who are running to a higher standard, we will continue to get President Pussy-grabber.

Chucho
11-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Until we hold people who are running to a higher standard, we will continue to get President Pussy-grabber.

One hundid.

DMC
11-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Guilty as charged. I want to see more Democrats, and Republicans for that matter, do exactly what Roem did.

Platitudes don't mean anything. It's the work they do that matters.

RandomGuy
11-22-2017, 11:48 AM

“I’m not here to get into divisive talk or attack someone,” Roem said. “He is now my constituent, and my job is to represent him and all of the people of the district.”

You are so very wrong about that.

For politicians, words do matter. It is their work.

This is what is meant by "tone at the top". When your work is literally setting the tone for others to follow, such things matter.

DMC
11-22-2017, 04:04 PM
no

sickdsm
11-22-2017, 04:34 PM

Don't forget Senator Sleeping Titty Toucher

RandomGuy
11-23-2017, 09:01 AM
no

Don't strain yourself. A thought might actually rattle out of that boxcar...

RandomGuy
11-23-2017, 09:04 AM
Don't forget Senator Sleeping Titty Toucher

Eyup. The difference being that 1/2 of the electorate voted for Pussy-Grabber with a large percentage of them KNOWING about it, and a large percentage of the electorate believing it was all "fake news".

The conservative wing of this country has become detached from reality. Anyone who says "both sides are equally bad" have to square the fact that the right wing is CONVINCED that everything the "liberal media" says is completely fabricated.

RandomGuy
11-23-2017, 09:05 AM

The conservative wing of this country has become detached from reality. Anyone who says "both sides are equally bad" have to square the fact that the right wing is CONVINCED that everything the "liberal media" says is completely fabricated.

boutons_deux
11-23-2017, 09:10 AM
If the right wing can't deny how shitty they are, they go with the deflecting, false equivalence defense: "What About those equally horrible libruls?"

RandomGuy
11-23-2017, 10:34 AM
If the right wing can't deny how shitty they are, they go with the deflecting, false equivalence defense: "What About those equally horrible libruls?"

Pretty much. The right wing has become intellectually bankrupt, and that is a very easy case to make.

They know they can't fight the battle of ideas, so they fight the emotionally attractive culture war. Bathroom bills, open carry, and Jesus.

TeyshaBlue
11-23-2017, 11:27 AM

lol the false equivalence forcefield.

TeyshaBlue
11-23-2017, 11:28 AM
lol parenthtical rightwing.

Spurtacular
11-23-2017, 02:19 PM

:lmao

OP is an unfunny Elaine, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frc3iAz8dH8

boutons_deux
11-23-2017, 02:35 PM

The Difference Between How President Obama And Trump Spent Their First Thanksgiving Says It ALL
http://verifiedpolitics.com/difference-president-obama-trump-spent-first-thanksgiving-says/

DMC
11-23-2017, 02:49 PM

You are so very wrong about that.

For politicians, words do matter. It is their work.

This is what is meant by "tone at the top". When your work is literally setting the tone for others to follow, such things matter.

Don't strain yourself. A thought might actually rattle out of that boxcar...

Plattitudes /= legislation or governing. Actions matter.

RandomGuy
11-24-2017, 01:30 PM
lol the false equivalence forcefield.

How do you square it?

Not really sure what you are getting at TB

RandomGuy
11-24-2017, 01:32 PM
Plattitudes /= legislation or governing. Actions matter.

You can restate untruths all day long. Doesn't make them magically true.

"Tone at the top" is set by words, and words, ideas, matter.