PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Loss Is On Gay

Spurtacular
11-11-2017, 06:42 AM
He didn't accept that his shot was not there early and adjust his game. Crap.

Chinook
11-11-2017, 07:47 AM
It was on Pop. Gay shouldn't have been in there.

Spurtacular
11-11-2017, 07:59 AM
It was on Pop. Gay shouldn't have been in there.

Just about any loss can be tracked back to Pop in one way or another; but the players have to take responsibility. Gay wasn't finding his niche in this game; and then he pressed and forced it because he wasn't getting his (Sacramento Kings style). And even though he was getting some good looks, it was obvious that he didn't have the stroke. Instead of looking to create for others or make up for it on the defensive end, he made no adjustments. He was a momentum killer all night long in a game that the Bucks seemed to be up just a bit all night long.

John B
11-11-2017, 08:08 AM
It was the turnovers on everybody, plus Spurs didn’t have the closer. LMA was good but we needed Kawhi to finish the game, which is foretelling when he finally gets back. Kawhi gets the ball in the 4th quarter. LMA fades in the 4th.

nyspurguy
11-11-2017, 08:17 AM
I think Gay's a scorer and need to take shots. Sometimes he can go 10 of 15 and sometimes he'll go 2 of 15. I kinda don't like his minutes as far as getting a rythme for the game. I think Rudy will be fine. He knows he had a bad game and will wanna come out 2nite and have a good game. 16 shots and he scores 20!

Spurtacular
11-11-2017, 08:36 AM
I think Gay's a scorer and need to take shots. Sometimes he can go 10 of 15 and sometimes he'll go 2 of 15. I kinda don't like his minutes as far as getting a rythme for the game. I think Rudy will be fine. He knows he had a bad game and will wanna come out 2nite and have a good game. 16 shots and he scores 20!

There's a reason Gay has only been on one playoff team; and it's not just because the teams weren't that good. He's become accustomed to stat stuffing. He had an eye on his own bottom line instead of the team's success at times. He didn't bother to do the little things to get the win because he was preoccupied with his stats.

nyspurguy
11-11-2017, 08:50 AM
There's a reason Gay has only been on one playoff team; and it's not just because the teams weren't that good. He's become accustomed to stat stuffing. He had an eye on his own bottom line instead of the team's success at times. He didn't bother to do the little things to get the win because he was preoccupied with his stats.

I don't know about all that.. I just know Rudy can get buckets and my Spurs need that from him.

nyspurguy
11-11-2017, 08:51 AM

We need a stat stuffer...

nyspurguy
11-11-2017, 08:53 AM
Rudy looking like he can drop 20 a nite, off the bench!

nyspurguy
11-11-2017, 08:54 AM
Rudy looking like he can drop 20 a nite, off the bench!

If Pop gives him 28+ mins a nite

nyspurguy
11-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Kawhi, Rudy, Tony and L.A...if there healthy come playoffs, than those are 4 natural born scorers. That's what we're gonna need, especially in a round with the Warriors.

nyspurguy
11-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Kawhi, Rudy, Tony and L.A...if there healthy come playoffs, than those are 4 natural born scorers. That's what we're gonna need, especially in a round with the Warriors.

We need guys who can put it in the bucket and The Klaw, L.A12, T.P.9 and the Gay guy can put the ball in the bucket!!

tholdren
11-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Gay was bad. Green was a to machine, and spurs have no pg. Sucks for now, but spurs will be great again when the whole team is here.

cd98
11-11-2017, 10:47 AM
The length of that Buck team bothered everyone. Every shot in the paint was nervous. Bucks are great defensively

ceperez
11-11-2017, 10:56 AM
The length of that Buck team bothered everyone. Every shot in the paint was nervous. Bucks are great defensively

That sums it up, too much length. Only Manu knew how to compensate for that length. Everyone else was playing out off their comfort zone.

SpurOutofTownFan
11-11-2017, 10:59 AM
By definition BB is a team sport. Any loss can be tracked back to the entire team.

Stop posting garbage

tholdren
11-11-2017, 12:43 PM

Except 40 yr old manu....

cd98
11-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Except 40 yr old manu....

Manu played well, but even he had some turnovers due to the Buck’s length. I imagine he would’ve struggled if the Greek Freak was guarding him instead of Gay.

Capt Bringdown
11-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Soft as ...

ducks
11-11-2017, 01:45 PM
one bad game out of 12 I take it
the younger guns were bothered the length bothered them with the turnover
was nice mills was on ok finally to begin with then he sucked ass like usually

is mills trying to live up to his contract?

raybies
11-11-2017, 01:52 PM
It was a team loss. The team didn't play a 48 minute game. That is all.

bklynspursfan
11-11-2017, 01:56 PM
The loss was on the tons of turnovers and missed 3s. The turnovers became contagious out there. Got so many open looks too, and guys weren't knocking them down.

bklynspursfan
11-11-2017, 02:07 PM

Except early on LMA was beating them up. Then they started doubling him, and things kinda fell apart from there. Especially with our shooters missing shots

Spurtacular
11-11-2017, 03:35 PM
By definition BB is a team sport. Any loss can be tracked back to the entire team.

Stop posting garbage

:lmao Save that shit for your rec league.

dbestpro
11-11-2017, 06:07 PM
Pop gives 37 minutes to Mills and 8 minutes to Murray. Me thinks Pop is still stuck on Trump.

tholdren
11-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Because murray is terrible

bklynspursfan
11-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Because murray is terrible

Seriously hasn't looked good at all. At least Mills made some 3s and had a few hustle plays. Murray isn't providing anything these days unfortunately

cd021
11-11-2017, 06:25 PM

The Bucks were 29th in Defensive Rtg entering last night...

MaNu4Tres
11-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Seriously hasn't looked good at all. At least Mills made some 3s and had a few hustle plays. Murray isn't providing anything these days unfortunately

Yet Murray is ahead of Mills in every advanced metric 12 games in. Wonder how that is possible?

How can you be worse than Patty but be >> in every advanced metric?

Pop needs to ride Murray a bit more than he has the past few games.

Play Boban
11-11-2017, 06:31 PM
He didn't accept that his shot was not there early and adjust his game. Crap.
:cry

Play Boban
11-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Not Manu.

tbdog
11-11-2017, 06:59 PM
It was the turnovers on everybody, plus Spurs didn’t have the closer. LMA was good but we needed Kawhi to finish the game, which is foretelling when he finally gets back. Kawhi gets the ball in the 4th quarter. LMA fades in the 4th.

We couldn't get the ball to lma. Gasol needed to be the play maker out there and get the high and lows. They were fronting lma.

bklynspursfan
11-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Yet Murray is ahead of Mills in every advanced metric 12 games in. Wonder how that is possible?

You know I was just talking about last night right?

And Murray hasn't looked good lately, that's just a fact. He probably should get a little more time, but since Mills started he has been playing better.

tholdren
11-11-2017, 09:14 PM
You know I was just talking about last night right?

And Murray hasn't looked good lately, that's just a fact. He probably should get a little more time, but since Mills started he has been playing better.

Because advanced stats dont mean anything out of context.

bklynspursfan
11-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Because advanced stats dont mean anything out of context.

They definitely don't tell the whole story, that's for sure.

BillMc
11-11-2017, 09:38 PM
It says a lot about how well Gay has played that if a guy 11 games into his Spurs career coming off an achilles and apparently with a minor back injury doesn't come through that the loss is on him. Rudy didn't play well, but are we already so dependent on him?

sasaint
11-11-2017, 09:54 PM
It says a lot about how well Gay has played that if a guy 11 games into his Spurs career coming off an achilles and apparently with a minor back injury doesn't come through that the loss is on him. Rudy didn't play well, but are we already so dependent on him?

As long as Kawhi is out, I am afraid so. LMA usually disappears at "closing time", and almost everybody else has been inconsistent. Danny has carried more of the load than anybody could have anticipated. Kyle has been solid for the most part, out-performing Rudy against the Bucks. But he is still too passive and is not a "closer." Manu is what? 280 (well, in dog years). And the rest of the bunch is very inconsistent. Crazy as it would have seemed a couple of months ago, we really do depend on Rudy.

SnakeBoy
11-12-2017, 01:39 AM

Murray isn't ready for it. Pop needs to let KA run the point more so Patty can be an overpaid spot up shooter.

SpurOutofTownFan
11-12-2017, 10:16 PM
:lmao Save that shit for your rec league.

you know it's true - you are fucking clueless - do you really think you know anything about BB? haha you are a fucking joke!!!

Spurtacular
11-12-2017, 10:23 PM
you know it's true - you are fucking clueless - do you really think you know anything about BB? haha you are a fucking joke!!!

:lmao Today's alt. So sad.

Ice009
11-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Murray isn't ready for it. Pop needs to let KA run the point more so Patty can be an overpaid spot up shooter.

That's so sad, but true.

I fucking hate that contract and not only do I not like that contract, I didn't want him back at all. I didn't think he was even a very good player to begin with. Terrible at playing the position of PG. All he can do is shoot if open, and even then he's not one of the best shooters in the NBA.

Pau, I had no problem bringing him back for at least another year as he was already under contract if he didn't opt out, but I think they massively overpaid in year 2 and shouldn't have even included a 3rd year. I would have offered 8M guaranteed in year 2 if he insisted on more than one year.

Question for you Chinook, could they have offered Pau more than 16M this season or not? If so, I just would have paid him more for this year and given him a smaller amount next season. If he wanted a 3rd season, I would have given him a tiny guaranteed amount (5M or less).

By the way, the third year of Pau's contract, how does the guarantee work? I know a lot of teams use it if they want to trade or stretch the player, but what happens if you want to keep him? Do you have to give him the full amount or can the Spurs still bring Pau back in year 3 and only pay him 8M?

Slippy
11-13-2017, 02:00 AM
If you're a forward whos having to create yourself because your point gaurds arent good enough to protect the ball or set you up. Then you should get a pass in my book. Point is most times you are only as good as the guys that feed you the ball. Same goes for LA too.

Spurs guards have to start doing a better job before we start blaming the frontcourt players. Pretty sad when you think thats quite often in games a 40yo Manu is doing the best job of it & we waiting for TP as the savior .

SpurOutofTownFan
11-13-2017, 05:53 AM
:lmao Today's alt. So sad.

that all you got?

SAGirl
11-13-2017, 08:25 AM
If you're a forward whos having to create yourself because your point gaurds arent good enough to protect the ball or set you up. Then you should get a pass in my book. Point is most times you are only as good as the guys that feed you the ball. Same goes for LA too.

Spurs guards have to start doing a better job before we start blaming the frontcourt players. Pretty sad when you think thats quite often in games a 40yo Manu is doing the best job of it & we waiting for TP as the savior .
Good post. Rudy had a tough time shooting in the Bucks game but he had a tough matchup with Giannis to begin with, let's recognize that and he didn't get anything easy or get good set ups bc the Spurs guards really struggled in that game. As much flak as Kyle got for blundering the last play, aside from Manu he was the second best playmaker in that game.

Danny had 6____ 6!!! Turnovers and Patty was chucking shots for himself giving himself a heatcheck in the 4th Q like he was the man. It's the reason Pop got the ball away from his hands to begin with.

If anyone forgot how to set up an offense it was Mills.

Spurtacular
11-13-2017, 02:08 PM
that all you got?

:lol Like I'd waste anything on you.

Joseph Kony
11-13-2017, 02:20 PM

tbh

Spurtacular
11-13-2017, 03:15 PM
tbh

:lmao Altville

Joseph Kony
11-13-2017, 03:16 PM
Nah, just everyone on this forum knows youre an idiot, which is why no matter what forum youre posting in on ST, someone is taking a wet shit on you :lol

SpurOutofTownFan
11-13-2017, 07:29 PM
:lol Like I'd waste anything on you.

I'll be waiting for your next meltdown...

Spurtacular
11-13-2017, 07:57 PM
I'll be waiting for your next meltdown...

Move along, faggot.

rjv
11-14-2017, 11:14 AM
the whole team was pretty bad that night and they never got their rhythm going. if anyone wanted to single out one single player, it's not as if they would be off, except for the fact that the loss would not have been the entire product of one singular performance.

SpurOutofTownFan
11-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Move along, faggot.

that all you got? lol