PDA

View Full Version : Will Kyle Anderson ever have a game like this for the Spurs?

Spurtacular
11-11-2017, 10:11 PM
In (dis)honor of "the next Diaw," will Fathead ever have a playoff game like this for the Spurs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WTSYvKusbM

Play Boban
11-11-2017, 10:15 PM
No.

SAGirl
11-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Hopefully he did score 20 in the playoffs against the warriors already and had 7 boards and 4 steals against them in a close out game in 26 minutes . Problem was others didn’t show up, Kawhi was injured etc. That whole chestnut

https://youtube.com/watch?t=5s&v=3JCMMWQ3Gv4

sananspursfan21
11-11-2017, 10:19 PM
No.

You don't know that.

Play Boban
11-11-2017, 10:22 PM
You don't know that.
:cry

Spurtacular
11-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Hopefully he did score 20 in the playoffs against the warriors already and had 7 boards and 4 steals against them in a close out game in 26 minutes . Problem was others didn’t show up, Kawhi was injured etc. That whole chestnut

https://youtube.com/watch?t=5s&v=3JCMMWQ3Gv4

Garbage Time Stat Stuff In A Loss.

Spurtacular
11-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Don't see KA having a Finals series like this either, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE5auU7uvwU

SAGirl
11-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Garbage Time Stat Stuff In A Loss. He scored 16 against them again in the RS this season. Also a loss bc others didn’t show up tbh. Not on him, so you don’t know

Keepin' it real
11-11-2017, 10:40 PM
No.

tholdren
11-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Kyle anderson is good this year tbh

Amuseddaysleeper
11-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Don't see KA having a Finals series like this either, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE5auU7uvwU

I absolutely could see Kyle having a series like that

BillMc
11-11-2017, 10:58 PM
In (dis)honor of "the next Diaw," will Fathead ever have a playoff game like this for the Spurs?

Jimmer sure won't.

sananspursfan21
11-11-2017, 11:05 PM

sasaint
11-11-2017, 11:27 PM

Yep, very solid rotation piece. All the Boris comparisons really hurt Kyle. Boris was capable of some pretty flashy plays - especially his arsenal around the basket. But we are comparing a guy in his early twenties with a wily veteran in his mid-thirties. Kyle could easily develop similar craftiness.

BillMc
11-11-2017, 11:31 PM

MaNu4Tres
11-12-2017, 12:27 AM
He's finally getting consistently good. Credit to him for waiting til his contract year to finally put in work in the off-season.

Better late than never. Happy he's improved.

BillMc
11-12-2017, 12:35 AM
He's finally getting consistently good. Credit to him for waiting til his contract year to finally put in work in the off-season.

Better late than never. Happy he's improved.

Well said. Guy's worked hard and its finally paying off.

MaNu4Tres
11-12-2017, 12:40 AM
Well said. Guy's worked hard and its finally paying off.

Imagine if he put in the work the past 3 offseasons.

Kyle admitted him not working hard until this summer.

BillMc
11-12-2017, 12:48 AM

Really? i didn't know that. That's a little disappointing. Guess a new contract motivated him.

SAGirl
11-12-2017, 12:59 AM

He’s always worked hard tbh. But his issue has always been aggressiveness bc he’s not a sniper and had been miscast. He had a very good playoffs last season and played well after the ASB when he had to make every appearance count. He’s a guy who deferred a lot when he was younger and possibly struggled finding a niche. But he worked even harder this summer bc his stay with the Spurs isn’t a sure thing. He mentioned things like how he approached things mentally etc.

Joseph Kony
11-12-2017, 02:12 AM
I think he has been playing well as it seems Pop has realized he is best a running the point essentially and making plays. He still misses retarded shots 2 feet from the rim a lot but he's been fairly impressive all things considered this season tbh

Spurtacular
11-12-2017, 02:40 AM
He scored 16 against them again in the RS this season. Also a loss bc others didn’t show up tbh. Not on him, so you don’t know

I don't? Point to the big-time playoff win in which Kyle Anderson was the engine of success.

Spurtacular
11-12-2017, 02:42 AM

Maybe. But he still does a lot of the same bonehead sh** tbh.

Spurtacular
11-12-2017, 03:00 AM
He scored 16 against them again in the RS this season. Also a loss bc others didn’t show up tbh. Not on him, so you don’t know

Garbage time stats against a team that isn't fond of playing defense. Hardly equatable to Boris Diaw's impact.

cd021
11-12-2017, 05:58 AM
Anderson-26 mpg, 7.7 ppg. 6.5 rpg, and about 1 block and 1 steal per game.
+11 Net Rtg. and 15.6 P.E.R :tu

Only negative is he is only shooting 50.3% on 2's, should be higher considering he pretty much doesn't take 3's. Still, he isn't that far off from the league average in terms of true shooting percentage.

Spurtacular
11-12-2017, 06:21 AM
Anderson-26 mpg, 7.7 ppg. 6.5 rpg, and about 1 block and 1 steal per game.
+11 Net Rtg. and 15.6 P.E.R :tu

Only negative is he is only shooting 50.3% on 2's, should be higher considering he pretty much doesn't take 3's. Still, he isn't that far off from the league average in terms of true shooting percentage.

It's a fraction of what Kawhi gets; and the stats will go down when he comes off the bench again.

r0drig0lac
11-12-2017, 07:42 AM
There's no reason to hate Kyle this year.

Spurtacular
11-12-2017, 08:03 AM
There's no reason to hate Kyle this year.

He's trending in a good direction thus far.

John B
11-12-2017, 09:36 AM
IMO it’s hard to be an overnight sensation in the Spurs team offense. Plus Manu, Tony, Timmy (when he was still playing) makes players defer to them specially young players. Pops even had to pull Tony back because Kawhi would defer too much. It’s like he had to be constantly reminded that he is now the head honcho. Jackson had a problem with that and he left. No hero ball. But with the absence of Tony and Kawhi, Kyle is pushed to be more aggressive in scoring, and he has performed with near double-doubles. I think he is very capable with his length and playmaking, better than Mills who should be relegated to spurt offense. Murray is very raw and inconsistent but should get better. When everybody’s back, I see Kyle playing more point forward with the 2nd unit and being aggressive. I think it will be solid year for him.

UZER
11-12-2017, 09:45 AM

You seem to forget that Boris Diaw was super lazy when he came into the league. He got slow, and fat, and never even lived up to his own hype his entire career.

It wasn't until later in his career that he really figured it out, put in some work and became a great mismatch. And that was still only against certain teams.

Kyle is doing fine.

Spurtacular
11-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Honestly, some of you guys just like to talk circles around the fact that Boris is a better player.

Spurtacular
11-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Kyle Anderson's best plays come when nothing's on the line. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOxqEpGjI44

quentin_compson
11-12-2017, 11:21 AM
It's a fraction of what Kawhi gets; and the stats will go down when he comes off the bench again.

So you're saying that Kawhi is a better player than Kyle? Shocking ...

Leetonidas
11-12-2017, 11:32 AM
I don't think anyone said Kyle is better than Boris especially 2013-2014 Boris. What did you even make this thread for lol

skulls138
11-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Kyle Anderson's best plays come when nothing's on the line. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOxqEpGjI44He shut down LeBron last year in a much hyped game.

skulls138
11-12-2017, 11:49 AM
I don't think anyone said Kyle is better than Boris especially 2013-2014 Boris. What did you even make this thread for lolKAs game is Diaw-esque.....but yeah, talk about being randomly negative for some reason.

CGD
11-12-2017, 12:20 PM
I’ve been critical of Kyle in the past, but he has really improved so far this year. He’s much more decisive when looking to create, his midrange shot is looking better, and his smarts are starting to match his physical play notwithstanding his speed limitations.

cd021
11-12-2017, 12:21 PM

No one's arguing that he is better than Kawhi, and generally people don't produce the same numbers when their minutes are cut in half, all of what you said sort of goes with out saying. He's played well this season, that's all I pointed out.

SAGirl
11-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Jimmerfan is quite a turd troll

DJR210
11-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Kyle Anderson is seriously one of the weakest players around the rim that I've ever seen.. How the fuck are you that tall and young, with that wingspan and routinely get humiliated when trying to go up around the basket? 6'9" and can BARELY even dunk the ball. He's made some improvement, but it's all been between the ears IMO.

KAs game is Diaw-esque.....but yeah, talk about being randomly negative for some reason.

His game is literally NOTHING like Boris' game.. People continue to compare these two because of the role Kyle was expected to fill. Kyle is terrible down low, can't shoot (or is it that he is afraid to shoot) from deep, has no post up skills, his passing isn't very good, and in 3 seasons there has been NOTHING added to his game. Boris was a difference maker, not always, but routinely made his impact felt with smart plays. Can't say the same for Kyle up to this point.

Stabula
11-12-2017, 04:27 PM
What a horrible thread. Absolute dumpster of bad takes without any humor to wash it down with.

SAGirl
11-12-2017, 04:29 PM
agreed. ^

K...
11-12-2017, 06:04 PM
i think op meant that kyle would average like 22/6/5 in a good offense but with freaking with dead weight like patty, gasol, diva, etc, he's limited.

I agree, Kyle is pretty much what durant would be if durant was on the spurs.

TD 21
11-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Kyle Anderson is seriously one of the weakest players around the rim that I've ever seen.. How the fuck are you that tall and young, with that wingspan and routinely get humiliated when trying to go up around the basket? 6'9" and can BARELY even dunk the ball. He's made some improvement, but it's all been between the ears IMO.

His game is literally NOTHING like Boris' game.. People continue to compare these two because of the role Kyle was expected to fill. Kyle is terrible down low, can't shoot (or is it that he is afraid to shoot) from deep, has no post up skills, his passing isn't very good, and in 3 seasons there has been NOTHING added to his game. Boris was a difference maker, not always, but routinely made his impact felt with smart plays. Can't say the same for Kyle up to this point.

:tu

He needs to start taking more 3s, especially when Leonard returns and he moves back to the bench and is paired with Lauvergne. If Ginobili can't find his stoke (normally, I'd bring up progression to the mean, but at his age, who knows?), there's not enough shooting.

Chinook
11-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Kyle's a fine post-up player who's added a ton to his game. Like seriously, do people not remember him as a rookie?

Spurtacular
11-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Kyle's a fine post-up player

:lol

tholdren
11-13-2017, 07:03 AM

Pau. 7 foot tall airballs layups. Until he does that hes a powerlifter in my book

skulls138
11-13-2017, 01:15 PM
:tu

He needs to start taking more 3s, especially when Leonard returns and he moves back to the bench and is paired with Lauvergne. If Ginobili can't find his stoke (normally, I'd bring up progression to the mean, but at his age, who knows?), there's not enough shooting.He definitely does but by now I'm not banking on it. Hes gotten better but not really in that department.

duncan2k5
11-16-2017, 09:51 AM
He’s always worked hard tbh. But his issue has always been aggressiveness bc he’s not a sniper and had been miscast. He had a very good playoffs last season and played well after the ASB when he had to make every appearance count. He’s a guy who deferred a lot when he was younger and possibly struggled finding a niche. But he worked even harder this summer bc his stay with the Spurs isn’t a sure thing. He mentioned things like how he approached things mentally etc.

We have 2 different definitions for "very good"

duncan2k5
11-16-2017, 09:54 AM
i think op meant that kyle would average like 22/6/5 in a good offense but with freaking with dead weight like patty, gasol, diva, etc, he's limited.

I agree, Kyle is pretty much what durant would be if durant was on the spurs.

Wait...what?? Kyle is that you???