PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi to return “sooner rather than later” says coach pop

marinoman
11-14-2017, 04:46 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744289-kawhi-leonard-to-return-sooner-rather-than-later-from-quad-injury
im on a mobile so I’m not gonna copy the whole article, if a mod will embed please do

rjv
11-14-2017, 04:53 PM
what's the baseline? sooner than january? later than january?

Keepin' it real
11-14-2017, 04:58 PM
what's the baseline? sooner than january? later than january?

2018-2019 season

Amuseddaysleeper
11-14-2017, 05:09 PM
So January

lefty20
11-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Anything before January doesn't seem very realistic at all, for the reasons listed by many across a variety of threads discussing the same topic.

Dex
11-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Anything before January doesn't seem very realistic at all, for the reasons listed by many across a variety of threads discussing the same topic.

For real. Can we just make one Kawhi Injury thread and call it a day?

Arcadian
11-14-2017, 05:43 PM
:lol That's such a meaningless statement..."sooner" and "later" are relative terms, but without an anchor to compare them against, they mean nothing in and of themselves.

raybies
11-14-2017, 06:10 PM
For real. Can we just make one Kawhi Injury thread and call it a day?
surprised it hasn't been done

Phenomanul
11-14-2017, 06:58 PM
:lol That's such a meaningless statement..."sooner" and "later" are relative terms, but without an anchor to compare them against, they mean nothing in and of themselves.

:pop: yep

DAF86
11-14-2017, 08:21 PM

To be ambiguous as fuck was Pop's exact goal, tbh.

Robz4000
11-14-2017, 08:23 PM
Been saying it for awhile, but no one should be surprised if he doesn't play this year.

Nathan89
11-14-2017, 09:08 PM
:danceclub

Silver&Black
11-14-2017, 09:17 PM
According to my sources, he'll be back before the playoffs.

:tu

YGWHI
11-15-2017, 12:14 AM

:D

BillMc
11-15-2017, 12:16 AM

:D

:lol

Play Boban
11-15-2017, 12:19 AM
Pop is a liar.

tmtcsc
11-15-2017, 01:09 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744289-kawhi-leonard-to-return-sooner-rather-than-later-from-quad-injury

Pop doing his best Obi Wan Kenobi impression. Beard and all.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/6C6MjXv9fWrT2/giphy.gif

Tom Orsborn: When will Kawhi be back?

Pop: You don't need an exact date, just write "He'll be back sooner than later."

Tom Orsborn: I don't need an exact date. I'll just write "He'll be back sooner than later."

BillMc
11-15-2017, 01:54 AM

Pop: You don't need an exact date, just write "He'll be back sooner than later."

Tom Orsborn: I don't need an exact date. I'll just write "He'll be back sooner than later."

:toast :lol Does that make Steve Kerr the new Anakin?

dabom
11-15-2017, 01:59 AM

:lmao

SPURt
11-15-2017, 08:55 AM
:toast :lol Does that make Steve Kerr the new Anakin?
Here’s Draymond:
https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1454158973ra/17924817.gif

BillMc
11-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Here’s Draymond:

NameLess Scrub
11-15-2017, 09:58 AM
Would be surprised if he returns before April.

Keepin' it real
11-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Here’s Draymond:

Lol I love Jurassic Park, too!

Phenomanul
11-15-2017, 12:35 PM
Lol I love Jurassic Park, too!

Ok... I lol'ed.

Mikeanaro
11-15-2017, 01:55 PM
Maybe some poster needs to make a thread saying his sources heard Kiwi will be back for the third week of November, this time it may work.

Spur|n|Austin
11-15-2017, 02:16 PM

:pop: yep

To be ambiguous as fuck was Pop's exact goal, tbh.

Pop agreed it made no sense, he followed that statement up with:

"Whatever nebulous (stuff that was). As soon as I said it, I thought, 'What the hell does that mean?'"

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Gregg-Popovich-predicts-sooner-rather-than-12356990.php

FuzzyLumpkins
11-15-2017, 02:19 PM

Sure if your expectation is an audience with critical thinking skills. Pop understand full well that such comments are going to cause expectations of imminence.

cd98
11-15-2017, 02:53 PM
I predict that Kawhi will play basketball in some capacity in the future.

gospursgojas
11-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Sooner than his 2019 campaign run

Spurtacular
11-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Here’s Draymond:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZqaXP3Mgo4Oqc/giphy.gif

davidbowie
11-16-2017, 03:10 PM
what if kawhi never comes back

Robz4000
11-16-2017, 03:13 PM

RIP Spurs for the next decade plus.

SpursforSix
11-16-2017, 03:16 PM

:pop: then we'll have enough to reup Parker and Pau. Also give Mills a little bump.

SAGirl
11-16-2017, 03:19 PM
He's been trying to return sooner rather than later since preseason.

Chomag
11-16-2017, 03:25 PM
This statement means nothing.

cd021
11-16-2017, 03:48 PM

44-38 and a lottery pick tbh.

Stabula
11-16-2017, 03:51 PM
He's been trying to return sooner rather than later since preseason.

Slippy
11-16-2017, 07:18 PM
What a bloody mystery this injury is. We do have a pattern here of some sorts.

The longer the layoff gets the slower the recovery goes.

To burrow pops style of quoting

Ice009
11-16-2017, 08:48 PM
I don't get it, his sister said Kawhi told her in early October he'd be out for about a week. How in the fuck has that 1 week turned into 6 weeks already with no set return date/projection in sight so far?

TimDunkem
11-16-2017, 09:07 PM
Kawhi's sister was full of shit, obviously.

Ice009
11-16-2017, 09:32 PM
No, not necessarily, there was a report from someone that said the Spurs told Kawhi the pain he is experiencing is what every high usage NBA vet goes through, that he's going to have to learn to play through it. That sounds like the Spurs are saying he's a little soft and it's making him look bad.

Kawhi's sister said he'd be back in a week on two separate occasions, so to me, that says Kawhi wants to come back, but the Spurs aren't letting him. Very strange situation.

So what I want to know, who is holding who out. Is it the Spurs not letting him come back, or is it Kawhi that's holding himself out saying that he's not ready? If it's the former, the Spurs shouldn't be badmouthing him if that report is true. Can't remember where the person got that from, though. Not sure if he heard in on radio or somewhere else.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-16-2017, 10:23 PM
Would be moronic if the Spurs to ruffle kawhi’s Feathers when he’s a free agent this summer

daslicer
11-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Would be moronic if the Spurs to ruffle kawhi’s Feathers when he’s a free agent this summer

He's not a free agent until 2019.

coachmac87
11-16-2017, 10:45 PM

This will be their leverage for a non "super max" contract lol

rasuo214
11-16-2017, 10:47 PM
No, not necessarily, there was a report from someone that said the Spurs told Kawhi the pain he is experiencing is what every high usage NBA vet goes through, that he's going to have to learn to play through it. That sounds like the Spurs are saying he's a little soft and it's making him look bad.

Kawhi's sister said he'd be back in a week on two separate occasions, so to me, that says Kawhi wants to come back, but the Spurs aren't letting him. Very strange situation.

So what I want to know, who is holding who out. Is it the Spurs not letting him come back, or is it Kawhi that's holding himself out saying that he's not ready? If it's the former, the Spurs shouldn't be badmouthing him if that report is true. Can't remember where the person got that from, though. Not sure if he heard in on radio or somewhere else.

Well Kawhi was training hard during the summer and the Spurs have a history of babying players. Based on that, which of your scenarios seem more probable?

Ice009
11-17-2017, 03:38 AM
Well Kawhi was training hard during the summer and the Spurs have a history of babying players. Based on that, which of your scenarios seem more probable?

Yeah, I heard Kawhi was working very hard during the off-season, so that also makes it strange if he's had the injury since last season and he was playing through it, yet that report said the Spurs told him the pain is similar to what most high usage NBA vets experience and he'd have to learn to play through it. It sounds like he was already playing through it.

The Spurs do normally baby players, but if so, why did they let him train all summer if it was bothering him since last season? And why would that report say he needs to learn to play with some of that pain. Wasn't he already doing that? Why even say that?

Do you think that report was true? Does anyone else remember reading/hearing it?

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-17-2017, 03:54 AM
Yeah, I heard Kawhi was working very hard during the off-season, so that also makes it strange if he's had the injury since last season and he was playing through it, yet that report said the Spurs told him the pain is similar to what most high usage NBA vets experience and he'd have to learn to play through it. It sounds like he was already playing through it.

The Spurs do normally baby players, but if so, why did they let him train all summer if it was bothering him since last season? And why would that report say he needs to learn to play with some of that pain. Wasn't he already doing that? Why even say that?

Do you think that report was true? Does anyone else remember reading/hearing it?

Meh there's always been only one official report from the Spurs - he's recovering and will be back when he's ready. You can safely ignore all other 'reports'.

He has an overuse injury that could become chronic, if it isn't already. The treatment could take weeks or months - there's no mystery or conspiracy here, they just genuinely don't know. It seems like he's taking longer to recover and that's basically it. He could be back next week, or in two months, depending on his tests and how he feels.

BillMc
11-17-2017, 05:58 AM
Meh there's always been only one official report from the Spurs - he's recovering and will be back when he's ready. You can safely ignore all other 'reports'.

He has an overuse injury that could become chronic, if it isn't already. The treatment could take weeks or months - there's no mystery or conspiracy here, they just genuinely don't know. It seems like he's taking longer to recover and that's basically it. He could be back next week, or in two months, depending on his tests and how he feels.

I guess the mystery is an overuse injury given the Spurs have kept his minutes low relative to his age pretty much his whole career. Of course, he's a gym rat so those minutes buildup from practice. Kawhi's drive to be great has made his career, and for now, has temporarily derailed it. He'll be OK. It's just a matter of when.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-17-2017, 06:53 AM
I guess the mystery is an overuse injury given the Spurs have kept his minutes low relative to his age pretty much his whole career. Of course, he's a gym rat so those minutes buildup from practice. Kawhi's drive to be great has made his career, and for now, has temporarily derailed it. He'll be OK. It's just a matter of when.

Well overuse injuries aren't necessarily injuries that happen to athletes who play more minutes than other athletes. There can be a lot of reasons for such injuries - varying from not warming-up well to muscle imbalance or compensation for a different injury to training technique errors. For example, Duncan's (among other players) plantar fasciitis that plagued him in the mid 2000s is a type of overuse injury. Kawhi will be fine, but the timetable for his return will depend on how well he's progressing.

SAGirl
11-17-2017, 07:39 AM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/B5hzJrwCQxIctErolU-iUt95FQ8=/0x0:4566x3044/920x613/filters:focal(1918x1157:2648x1887):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/57633895/usa_today_10395538.0.jpg

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-17-2017, 10:20 AM
44-38 and a lottery pick tbh.

I said something similar to someone last night. 45-37 without Kawhi.

I wish that would get the Spurs in the lottery, but with the league kind of leveling out, with the exception of a few elite teams, I think 45-37 gets you the 7 or 8 seed in the West.

Chomag
11-17-2017, 11:02 AM
I'm going to say this too my boss the next time he asks me when I can complete my task and see what happens.

spursistan
11-21-2017, 09:47 AM
Next Thursday marks the end of "3 weeks away" timetable that was mentioned in the TNT broadcast which they accordingly got from Pop.

If Kawhi doesn't comeback next weekend--he won't because there is no sign of him yet picking up a fuckin' basketball-- I'm officially running for the cliff edge where my nigga Robz4000 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26403) has been sitting to say there should be no shock if this dude doesn't play at all this season..

Or, he returns for a dozen games or so but the quad pain recurs and the Spurs shut him down indefinitely (first they say for the rest of the regular season but, in reality, for the playoffs too--same as Tim in 2000)..

What kind of non-surgical injury procedure/treatment completely leave you out of the action for near two months-- not even for low-intensity basketball-related workouts?

The studied ambiguity from Spurs confirms beyond any doubt that this is way worse than they are letting on. And, now, our medical staff should also deserve some blame for their shitty diagnosis of the Kawhi quad issue in the exit check up before the summer. They are on verge of washing out an entire prime season of our franchise player..

widowmaker
11-21-2017, 10:52 AM
I think kawhi leonard died during the summer and that guy we see hobbeling around is a body double that doesn’t know how to play basketball and will be trded later this year for a couple of bums and spurs will finish in the 8th seed and bounced in a first round sweep.

RD2191
11-21-2017, 11:20 AM
I think kawhi leonard died during the summer and that guy we see hobbeling around is a body double that doesn’t know how to play basketball and will be trded later this year for a couple of bums and spurs will finish in the 8th seed and bounced in a first round sweep.

I like this theory the best. :lol

SpursforSix
11-21-2017, 11:27 AM
I like this theory the best. :lol

I like the theory that Pop finally realized why his team was so good for so long. Losing Robinson for a year and getting the #1 draft pick.
He realized that he's not so great a coach.

So he keeps all these shitty players and then has the team doctor inject Leonard with a substance that keeps him out for a year.

With the hope of missing the playoffs and getting a lottery pick.

BillMc
11-21-2017, 11:31 AM
At this point, I'm geared myself emotionally to expect after the All-Star break. That way, if it is any earlier, I'm pleasantly surprised.

spursistan
11-21-2017, 11:48 AM
At this point, I'm geared myself emotionally to expect after the All-Star break. That way, if it is any earlier, I'm pleasantly surprised.
I have absolutely no problem with that..Just come out and tell us it is a month-to-month not a day-to-day, thing..Update the fuckin' timetable!

Ice009
11-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Alright, I now want more info. I can't stand this lack of information. I'm trying to be patient, but it's pissing me off that the SA reporters don't ask anything.

They now need to say, "it's sooner," and ask Pop for more updates. If he says, I don't know, then you say, well, can you find out. Treat him like you would someone in another line of work when you're asking a question you want answered. If you go to a business and they don't know they answer right away, a lot of the good ones will say, I'll get back to you on that.

He's obviously full of shit though and he probably knows exactly what's going on with Kawhi, but he just keeps saying that he doesn't ask. What kind of bullshit is that? Does he really expect us to believe that he doesn't ask the Spurs' medical team what is going on on a daily basis?

spursistan
11-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Dude has gone from sitting out the season opener to missing out on on 1/4 of a season--with no return date in sight-- just like that?

Any self-respecting organization should feel the obligation to give its media--lapdogs as they are-- some piece of detailed information as to what is going on with the health of Top 3 player in the league..This is not a nuclear secret, ffs..

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 12:04 PM
I like the theory that Pop finally realized why his team was so good for so long. Losing Robinson for a year and getting the #1 draft pick.
He realized that he's not so great a coach.

So he keeps all these shitty players and then has the team doctor inject Leonard with a substance that keeps him out for a year.

With the hope of missing the playoffs and getting a lottery pick.
Considering the team has a winning record and is trying to get the most out of what they have, to stay afloat until they get all their horses back, I think you forgot to place the blue font on this comment.

SpursforSix
11-21-2017, 12:05 PM
Considering the team has a winning record and is trying to get the most out of what they have, to stay afloat until they get all their horses back, I think you forgot to place the blue font on this comment.

Oh...did I really need the blue font?

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Oh...did I really need the blue font?
I can often not tell with the amount of trolling/sarcasm here, but also an abundance of ignorant takes, if ppl are joking or really believe what they are saying. Nature of the beast. :lol I was right that it was a joke then. :tu

SpursforSix
11-21-2017, 12:27 PM
I can often not tell with the amount of trolling/sarcasm here, but also an abundance of ignorant takes, if ppl are joking or really believe what they are saying. Nature of the beast. :lol I was right that it was a joke then. :tu

It was a joke. But I'd be OK if that's what Pop was thinking. It'd explain a lot of the poor decisions.

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 12:31 PM
It was a joke. But I'd be OK if that's what Pop was thinking. It'd explain a lot of the poor decisions.
I like you. :tu

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2017, 12:58 PM
I knew the Spurs "insiders" were bottom of the barrel clowns with a journalism degree from UTSA... but damn this is pathetic :lol

Imagine if Brady was injured and no one knew what his injury was...

:lmao that virgin Jeff "let someone else have a turn" McChicken smh

SpursforSix
11-21-2017, 01:03 PM
I knew the Spurs "insiders" were bottom of the barrel clowns with a journalism degree from UTSA... but damn this is pathetic :lol

I'm seriously wondering if he's got the sickle cell trait.

spursistan
11-21-2017, 01:15 PM

spursistan
11-21-2017, 01:27 PM

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2017, 01:34 PM

He saw Kawhi!

BREAKING: Kawhi is not dead - SA Express News

Edit: holy crap just saw the dates :lmao man said he looked ready to go a month ago

hater
11-21-2017, 01:36 PM
I been saying it for months nigas

The poor bastard cant even wipe his own ass yet mich less bounce a basketball

Hes months away from a comeback if at all

When he stops looking like a sick stephen hawkins then we might start to think on a comeback

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 01:53 PM

wow, great find. almost 30 days between opinion takes too.

raybies
11-21-2017, 03:22 PM

cd98
11-21-2017, 03:23 PM
"Ready to go"? Was he dressed in a jersey? I can't wait to see Kawhi play when he finally comes back next season.

raybies
11-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Please don't let it be chronic...

spursistan
11-21-2017, 03:28 PM
A Spurs spokesman said Tuesday in a text message there still is “no timeline at this point” for Leonard’s return.

He probably won't play again in 2017..

Robz4000
11-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Just hope this doesn't force him to have to consider retirement.

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2017, 03:35 PM
Wouldn't want to play with this paper tiger roster that's a product of an easy schedule either....

spursistan
11-21-2017, 03:36 PM
I don't want to pile on Kawhi, but it is such shame a that his body isn't cooperating with his will and drive to be the best player he could be..It is likely going to be the only thing that puts a ceiling on his stunning development so far..

Stabula
11-21-2017, 04:09 PM
If he chose Satan over Jehova he'd be windmill dunking right now.

spurs10
11-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Reckon he'll be back by December...hopefully 2017!!

Chomag
11-21-2017, 05:03 PM
I guess we will never hear about the progress but it would be nice to know if Kawai is still alive.

UZER
11-21-2017, 05:20 PM
Maybe they want to trade Aldridge and are reviving his image by letting Kawhi sit.

Ice009
11-21-2017, 09:50 PM
Man, I'd like more info on what is exactly going on. Do they think it might be chronic, and it if is, what does that mean for his season and also his career?

I wonder what kind of diet Kawhi is on? If he isn't already, he needs to try a bunch of different things diet wise to see if that helps improve his healing process.

Still sounds like he's a long way off, and that is NOT what I wanted to hear.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I hope he's back sooner rather than later. Pop and his darn vague lines ;).

raybies
11-21-2017, 09:53 PM
Hope someone asks if it is chronic or not

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 10:40 PM
Yes I am afraid of something chronic.

SuperCam
11-21-2017, 10:51 PM
not good for body to be breaking down at 26 tbh. however this ups the chances he signs mega deal with PATFO next year as it will most likely be his last one...

bklynspursfan
11-22-2017, 08:25 AM
I guess we will never hear about the progress but it would be nice to know if Kawai is still alive.

You haven't been seeing him sitting on the bench ?

NameLess Scrub
11-22-2017, 08:35 AM
Are we still talking about this? He's not coming back this season.

Also, absurd the way the treat a top 5 player.

djohn2oo8
11-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear but what exactly is wrong?

BillMc
11-22-2017, 10:21 AM
If he chose Satan over Jehova he'd be windmill dunking right now.

Does RC offer Faustian contracts? :lol

Seventyniner
11-22-2017, 10:31 AM
sRhTeaa_B98

TheDoctor
11-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Man, I'd like more info on what is exactly going on. Do they think it might be chronic, and it if is, what does that mean for his season and also his career?

I wonder what kind of diet Kawhi is on? If he isn't already, he needs to try a bunch of different things diet wise to see if that helps improve his healing process.

Still sounds like he's a long way off, and that is NOT what I wanted to hear.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I hope he's back sooner rather than later. Pop and his darn vague lines ;).
You can forward your concerns to Kawhi’s sister on Instagram. They surely would like to know what you think about all of this.

spursistan
11-22-2017, 11:05 AM
The more you think about the Aldridge extension the more it becomes clear there was a correlation between it and the Kawhi’s injury.

Maybe they knew the latter was going to be out for a while and they needed LMA to be locked in—both financially and in mental focus— to limit the damage of Leonard lengthy absence. If the “clearing of the air” meeting with Pop happened early in the summer, why hadn’t the extension been agreed upon shortly after instead of just two days before the start of the season?

Had the Spurs gone on and lost Aldridge in 2018 offseason, they would have no other avenue to get another star-caliber player and the roster would have been left more exposed for its shallowness now that Kawhi’s injury has been revealed to have “chronic occurrence” potential, which would mean he is going to be in-and-out of lineup more often going forward..

Ice009
11-22-2017, 11:44 AM
If Kawhi was out and there was no Aldridge (before the extension), then I'm sure the Spurs wouldn't have minded a lottery pick. I think they'd rather a lottery pick than being a middling team.

I'm really not sure what the true reason for the extension is/was, though.

YGWHI
11-22-2017, 11:45 AM
...now that Kawhi’s injury has been revealed to have “chronic occurrence” potential, which would mean he is going to be in-and-out of lineup more often going forward..

I wonder who has revealed this...Stop lying.

Anyway, it's clear to me now the Spurs doctors made a big mistake in their first diagnosis approach of the injury, they shouldn't have allowed Kawhi to train hard in the summer like he did.

https://i.imgur.com/AaYts3V.jpg
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/You-can-t-cheat-the-grind-Photo-shows-Kawhi-11300088.php

If they would have rested him all those months, his injury could look better now.

Brazil
11-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Sorry to hear but what exactly is wrong?

:lol who knows tbh...

and there are people on this board that were advocating for him to play more minutes last year

YGWHI
11-22-2017, 12:17 PM
:lol who knows tbh... and there are people on this board that were advocating for him to play more minutes last year

In last 2 regular seasons he played 33' per game...Do people expect he plays 25 now? That's stupid.

I'm fine if he plays 33' in regular season but I want Kawhi to play much more in playoffs.

In 2015 KD played SIX minutes more than him per game in the series, it had a cost, it was one of the reason why Spurs lost Our best two defenders, Kawhi and Danny didn't stay on the floor the same time than KD and Russ to contain them.

Someone should ask Kawhi if he wants to retire at his 30 or early 30's while he plays to his full strengths instead of playing until his 40 at a player role of 25 minutes for the rest of his career. Not every player has the same goals...

As a Spurs fan I don't give a shit about players' longevity anymore...I want to win when Kawhi is reaching his prime not in 10 years.

TD 21
11-22-2017, 05:04 PM
The more you think about the Aldridge extension the more it becomes clear there was a correlation between it and the Kawhi’s injury.

Maybe they knew the latter was going to be out for a while and they needed LMA to be locked in—both financially and in mental focus— to limit the damage of Leonard lengthy absence. If the “clearing of the air” meeting with Pop happened early in the summer, why hadn’t the extension been agreed upon shortly after instead of just two days before the start of the season?

Had the Spurs gone on and lost Aldridge in 2018 offseason, they would have no other avenue to get another star-caliber player and the roster would have been left more exposed for its shallowness now that Kawhi’s injury has been revealed to have “chronic occurrence” potential, which would mean he is going to be in-and-out of lineup more often going forward..

Spurs could have been waiting out Westbrook's deadline to extend . . . until the Anthony trade clinched it. More likely, both sides wanted to see if the other would practice what they preached before an extension was offered. Once they had proof (albeit in preseason and without Leonard), what was always true was staring them in the face again: neither side can do better and they both need each other.

phxspurfan
11-22-2017, 05:09 PM
I wonder who has revealed this...Stop lying.

Anyway, it's clear to me now the Spurs doctors made a big mistake in their first diagnosis approach of the injury, they shouldn't have allowed Kawhi to train hard in the summer like he did.

https://i.imgur.com/AaYts3V.jpg
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/You-can-t-cheat-the-grind-Photo-shows-Kawhi-11300088.php

If they would have rested him all those months, his injury could look better now.

Training injuries happen. Train Hard, Fight Easy. (what the military says). We don't live in isolated, safe air bubbles. He'll be back.

cjw
11-22-2017, 05:59 PM
In last 2 regular seasons he played 33' per game...Do people expect he plays 25 now? That's stupid.

I'm fine if he plays 33' in regular season but I want Kawhi to play much more in playoffs.

In 2015 KD played SIX minutes more than him per game in the series, it had a cost, it was one of the reason why Spurs lost Our best two defenders, Kawhi and Danny didn't stay on the floor the same time than KD and Russ to contain them.

Someone should ask Kawhi if he wants to retire at his 30 or early 30's while he plays to his full strengths instead of playing until his 40 at a player role of 25 minutes for the rest of his career. Not every player has the same goals...

As a Spurs fan I don't give a shit about players' longevity anymore...I want to win when Kawhi is reaching his prime not in 10 years.

Right. I’ll take a less taxed Kawhi than one you drive into the ground. He can play 32 a night until the postseason and extend minutes in the postseason and still have a long career while still competing in the spring.

Nobody is talking about playing him like Thibs did to those guys on the Bulls.

But think you can have both - a long peak of competitiveness if you don’t burn a player out by playing close to 40 minutes in meaningless regular season games. Would give up MVP awards for postseason success.

phxspurfan
11-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Pop just told me he's "never" throughout his entire coaching career come across the issue that Kawhi Leonard is experiencing with his quad. He said "what's weird" is that Tony Parker has essentially the same issue, "a quad tendon, but worse," but Kawhi isn't any closer to returning than TP, who will be back "very soon" according to Pop.

Michael C. Wright, ESPN Staff Writer

so its official

hater
11-22-2017, 10:05 PM
Poor bastard cant even wipe his own ass

I already had said he is not coming back in 2017 and him coming back in 2018 is not a given. Not even close

SuperCam
11-22-2017, 10:06 PM

I already had said he is not coming back in 2017 and him coming back in 2018 is not a given. Not even close

:wow

hater been on the money with his predictions more than any spurfan poster the last two years, tbh. Cause for alarm for sure

SAGirl
11-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Pop just told me he's "never" throughout his entire coaching career come across the issue that Kawhi Leonard is experiencing with his quad. He said "what's weird" is that Tony Parker has essentially the same issue, "a quad tendon, but worse," but Kawhi isn't any closer to returning than TP, who will be back "very soon" according to Pop.

Deserves a bump. I am officially not expecting him back until sometime 2018:depressed

Robz4000
11-22-2017, 10:23 PM
Better to not expect him back this season tbh.

Capt Bringdown
11-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Was the injury by GS career-ending?

Ice009
11-22-2017, 11:50 PM
What the fuck. When is that Michael C. Wright post from? There's no link or date on it.

Play Boban
11-22-2017, 11:56 PM
Cut this dude and let’s move on already. Tank for Doncic tbh.

Play Boban
11-22-2017, 11:57 PM
What the fuck. When is that Michael C. Wright post from? There's no link or date on it.

A couple hours ago.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21520710/gregg-popovich-san-antonio-spurs-says-never-encountered-issue-kawhi-leonard-quadriceps-injury

Ice009
11-23-2017, 12:06 AM
Thanks.

SAGirl
11-23-2017, 12:26 AM
its on espn.com
http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs

Hoops Czar
11-23-2017, 12:30 AM

so its official

Maybe the Spur's medical staff is just as incompetent in diagnosing something as the PATFO is at evaluating talent.

smaka
11-23-2017, 03:45 AM
I already said tank for Doncic, get Kawhi healthy and rest his ass this season, while we ring the next one.

Fireball
11-23-2017, 06:38 AM
Sean was more positive regarding Kawhi's situation in the pregame show from last night ... but I guess he knows shit :lol

YGWHI
11-23-2017, 07:08 AM

so its official

Again, something is so wrong with Spurs doctors.

In 2015, Kawhi had a hand injury that the doctor "never seen in 40 years"

"One of the doctors said he's been doing hands for 40 years, and it's the first time he's ever seen this injury. It's a little bit unique."
https://www.si.com/nba/2014/12/23/san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich-kawhi-leonard

In 2017, Kawhi had a quad injury that the medical staff and Pop "never throughout his entire coaching career..."

Basically they never knew anything...

r0drig0lac
11-23-2017, 07:40 AM

"One of the doctors said he's been doing hands for 40 years, and it's the first time he's ever seen this injury. It's a little bit unique."
https://www.si.com/nba/2014/12/23/san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich-kawhi-leonard

In 2017, Kawhi had a quad injury that the medical staff and Pop "never throughout his entire coaching career..."

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Quadzilla99
11-23-2017, 08:27 AM
Maybe they want to trade Aldridge and are reviving his image by letting Kawhi sit.
You sound like paranoid and crazy

UZER
11-23-2017, 09:40 AM
You sound like paranoid and crazy

It was a joke dumbass.

UZER
11-23-2017, 09:41 AM

dabom
11-23-2017, 09:43 AM

Expect Kawhi before the New Year. :lmao

Ice009
11-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Sean was more positive regarding Kawhi's situation in the pregame show from last night ... but I guess he knows shit :lol

What did Sean say? I wasn't able to watch the pregame show.

spursistan
11-23-2017, 10:40 AM

According to sources, Leonard is currently engaged in on-court work but hasn't yet advanced far enough to receive clearance to return.

The club is reluctant to offer a specific timeline for Leonard's return because there's a level of unpredictability involved with rehabilitation from quadriceps tendinopathy, a source said.

For the better part of the season, Popovich has replied "sooner rather than later" when questioned about Leonard's potential return.

"I keep saying sooner rather than later," Popovich said jokingly. "It's kind of like being a politician. It's all baloney, doesn't mean anything."

spursistan
11-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Spurs could have been waiting out Westbrook's deadline to extend . . . until the Anthony trade clinched it. More likely, both sides wanted to see if the other would practice what they preached before an extension was offered. Once they had proof (albeit in preseason and without Leonard), what was always true was staring them in the face again: neither side can do better and they both need each other.

A marriage of convenience as you would often say. Between his family (texas); the heart scare; his advancing age and torpedoed reputation in a depressed market, Aldridge opted for immediate security on all fronts.

For the Spurs, I think Kawhi's increasingly brittle health has also entered the equation and brought them and Aldridge closer to the negotiation table..You just can't leave a roster this woefully denuded-- of star power-- for the dozen games or so Leonard is going to miss every year apparently; it's become very clear he is not cut out for "early 2000s Duncan" load..

Fireball
11-23-2017, 11:07 AM
What did Sean say? I wasn't able to watch the pregame show.

Sean said he heard rumblings that Kawhi is doing better (something like that) ... which coincides with what spursistan posted ... obviously he is back on the court, but a setback is still possible thus there is still no timetabel for return

Ice009
11-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Sean said he heard rumblings that Kawhi is doing better (something like that) ... which coincides with what spursistan posted ... obviously he is back on the court, but a setback is still possible thus there is still no timetabel for return

Thanks. That's the main issue right now. When he does get back on the court, will he be able to stay on the court. I hope when he gets back, he stays back.

phxspurfan
11-23-2017, 11:52 AM
I think we'll end up tanking (like the year before we got Duncan in the draft and Robinson was out for a year) and this will be the first year in the last 20 years that we don't win 50 games. We're showcasing LMA to get good trade value for him so we can construct a real team by the time Kawhi comes back.

daslicer
11-23-2017, 11:55 AM
If he doesn't play in January than I'm convinced he's out for the whole entire year.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-23-2017, 12:39 PM
I think we'll end up tanking (like the year before we got Duncan in the draft and Robinson was out for a year) and this will be the first year in the last 20 years that we don't win 50 games. We're showcasing LMA to get good trade value for him so we can construct a real team by the time Kawhi comes back.

There's no way they tank, they're a playoff team even without Kawhi, and probably a 50-win team too. It's a 3-players draft (maybe 4), so there'd be no point tanking for the 7th or 8th pick anyway. If they plan to tank they'd better shut LMA down fast.

spursgu
11-23-2017, 02:59 PM
smh what a fragile dude

Chomag
11-23-2017, 03:56 PM
I can't help but start remembering if players likeGrant Hill, and Penny Hardway. Especially Grant Hill this all seems so similar to him its kind of scary.

dabom
11-23-2017, 03:58 PM
I can't help but start remembering if players likeGrant Hill, and Penny Hardway. Especially Grant Hill this all seems so similar to him its kind of scary.

It's not his ankle that's hurt. It's his quad.

Chomag
11-23-2017, 04:04 PM
I know . I was referring to the healing process

phxspurfan
11-23-2017, 04:08 PM

Grant Hill got overplayed while his ankle was hurt (especially that one year in the playoffs, like 00 or 01 or something). He was never the same after it broke. OTOH Pop has always babied Kawhi and managed his minutes. He's just injury prone at this point

Quadzilla99
11-23-2017, 05:43 PM
It was a joke dumbass.

Oh, ok.

Keepin' it real
11-23-2017, 06:02 PM
Kawhi's fragility is a by-product of Pop's soft-ass "rest everyone to keep them healthy" strategy. That weak mentality is manifesting itself in injury to star players. First, it was Manu (over and over while at or near his prime), and now Kawhi.

"One often meets his destiny on the path he takes to avoid it." -- Master Oogway

TheDoctor
11-23-2017, 10:06 PM

bklynspursfan
11-24-2017, 09:40 AM
Kawhi's fragility is a by-product of Pop's soft-ass "rest everyone to keep them healthy" strategy. That weak mentality is manifesting itself in injury to star players. First, it was Manu (over and over while at or near his prime), and now Kawhi.

"One often meets his destiny on the path he takes to avoid it." -- Master Oogway

Yea, that aint it lol

ECOV
11-24-2017, 12:14 PM
everybody here is a doctor now or what lol

Blackjack
11-24-2017, 12:33 PM

That's bullshit.

Tim suffered from a similar diagnosis the year following the '04 Olympics. Pulled him out of a game, sat him for an indefinite amount of time before he came back for the rest of the season - never truly getting right and struggling against Malone (whom he dominated prior) in the playoffs.

Ankle sprains in '05 and Plantar Fasciitis in '06 people remember, but seems everyone else forgot about that. Tim suffered from the same, degenerative, Tendonosis diagnosis, as well.

cd021
11-24-2017, 02:52 PM

Doubt the Spurs miss the playoffs, even if Kawhi misses the rest of the season. I could see something like 45-37 which is probably around what the 8th seed may end up being, even then that would give us the 16th pick. I doubt Aldridge's value would get us something worth while in return, he's 32, I don't think teams would be offering any great for him.

Play Boban
11-24-2017, 05:10 PM

Manu only missed a handful of playoff games over his entire career tbh.

cutewizard
11-25-2017, 07:48 AM
poor Spurs

cutewizard
11-25-2017, 08:40 AM
The Dark Ages begin