PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Browser?

DJR210
11-15-2017, 05:58 PM
Firefox Quantum just dropped, must say it's pretty damn good. Takes the look and snappiness of Chrome, and improves on the ridiculous RAM usage..

What browser do you guys prefer?

Chucho
11-15-2017, 06:31 PM
Firefox Quantum just dropped, must say it's pretty damn good. Takes the look and snappiness of Chrome, and improves on the ridiculous RAM usage..

So it's like as good as Firefox used to be circa 2004-5ish? Best browser ever until all the issues that enabled Chrome's rise.

baseline bum
11-15-2017, 07:48 PM

That's funny, crazy RAM usage is why I dropped Firefox for Chrome. That and Chrome putting tabs in separate processes so one bad script didn't crash the entire browser.

Reck
11-15-2017, 07:56 PM
So it's like as good as Firefox used to be circa 2004-5ish? Best browser ever until all the issues that enabled Chrome's rise.

I still prefer Firefox over Chrome. I also have Chrome but I just cant get used to it. Dont like all the fucking tabs.

I am still using a super old version of Firefox which still works remarkably well. It's the 26th version. Most pages work except for pages that are encripted like bank websites like Chase and such.

I'm gonna check out what the OP is talking about though.

Chucho
11-15-2017, 08:06 PM
I still prefer Firefox over Chrome. I also have Chrome but I just cant get used to it. Dont like all the fucking tabs.

I am still using a super old version of Firefox which still works remarkably well. It's the 26th version. Most pages work except for pages that are encripted like bank websites like Chase and such.

I'm gonna check out what the OP is talking about though.

The tabs are annoying af. There was one Chrome version called Chromium, I dunno how I got it on my PC, but it was like no tabs but always crashed after you'd pull two or more sites up.

DJR210
11-15-2017, 10:46 PM

Idk, I jumped on board w/ Firefox late.. The main thing I notice is how much faster pages and everything are loading w/ Quantum

DJR210
11-15-2017, 10:47 PM
Does anybody use that steaming POS Edge tbh?? :lol I never see anyone say they use it..

ElNono
11-15-2017, 10:49 PM
I use Firefox without Flash... when I need to run some site with flash, I use Chrome (since it has the sandboxed flash).

Also use Chrome for development, but still prefer Firefox, tbh...

DJR210
11-15-2017, 10:59 PM
apalisack probably got all pumped up when he thought this was a "Favorite Bowser" thread

leemajors
11-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Chrome was acting really weird for me lately, on Firefox now. Seems to work pretty well.

11-16-2017, 07:39 AM
Been using Chrome for quite a while now. Will give Quantum a try though tbh, thanks OP

lefty
11-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Chrome is good on PC but sucks on Android.

Samsung browser FTW

Pavlov
11-19-2017, 04:11 PM
Missing NoScript currently. One of the best things about Firefox.

Using Opera mainly.

Reck
04-22-2018, 10:05 AM
You guys should really give this new browser a look.

https://brave.com/

It blocks ads and trackers automatically. It's fairly new and looks bare as fuck but it does the job.

I downloaded it and will use it but not gonna make it my main for now because the extensions are really lacking. But that should get remedied after a while as they start releasing them.

Chris
04-22-2018, 09:35 PM
Opera >

Built in VPN, pop up/ad blocker, spyware blocker. Been using it for a while now.

Reck
04-26-2018, 08:04 PM
You guys should really give this new browser a look.

https://brave.com/

It blocks ads and trackers automatically. It's fairly new and looks bare as fuck but it does the job.

I downloaded it and will use it but not gonna make it my main for now because the extensions are really lacking. But that should get remedied after a while as they start releasing them.

I now get what DMC avatar is all about. :lol

I take it you’re aware and have used the browser?

I’ve taken a liking to it. It’s fast. But still, the lack of useful extensions is a bummer.

Not sure why the browser needs like 7 processes. It doesn’t seem to slow the computer down though.

DJR210
05-09-2018, 09:23 PM
It's fairly new and looks bare as fuck

Bend over. I'll show you bare.

05-10-2018, 08:41 AM
:lol