PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Durbeta admits to being Durbeta

Clipper Nation
11-16-2017, 06:33 PM
He was enjoying being just a member of a team, rather than the face of it. "Steph Curry is the face of the franchise, and that helps me out, because I don't have to," he said. "I don't want to have to be the leader. I'm not a leader. I'm bad at saying, 'Stand behind me and follow me.' No. I'm one of those guys that's just like, 'Let's do this shit together. Let's just work everybody together. I don't mind being on the front line with you, but let's come and do it together.' That's my way of leadership. I'm leading by example."

https://www.gq.com/story/kevin-durant-is-just-heating-up-profile

:lmao You can't make this shit up. Durbeta is the softest, most mentally weak athlete in the history of sports.

Robz4000
11-16-2017, 06:48 PM
:lol what a waste of talent

lefty20
11-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Size, talent and skills of an alpha with the head of a beta, tbh.

daslicer
11-16-2017, 06:55 PM
He won't mentally break down until the Warriors are dethroned.

lilbthebasedgod
11-16-2017, 06:56 PM
This is a good thing. More reason to like Durant imo.

Clipper Nation
11-16-2017, 07:11 PM
This is a good thing. More reason to like Durant imo.
Durbeta is mentally weak, thin-skinned, a coward, wasting his amazing talent, and getting a free pass from Media in the process. What's there to like?

timtonymanu
11-16-2017, 07:19 PM
He’s still going to keep winning though, while Pop is running the Spurs on auto pilot and other teams don’t even have the discipline to run an elite system.

It won’t matter when he wins again in June.

DAF86
11-16-2017, 07:29 PM
As much as I like to shit on Durpussy, US sports fans are a little too fixated with "being the man", tbh.

Clipper Nation
11-16-2017, 07:35 PM
He’s still going to keep winning though, while Pop is running the Spurs on auto pilot and other teams don’t even have the discipline to run an elite system.

It won’t matter when he wins again in June.
Unfortunately for Durbeta's legacy, the truth of his cowardice will always be there for the world to see on his Wikipedia page, his Basketball Reference page, and countless other Google search results. It's going to be the decision that all future cowardly/front-running free agency decisions are compared to. It does matter, and it's never going away.

Chris
11-16-2017, 07:38 PM
Mama's boy

FkLA
11-16-2017, 07:56 PM
Wow that's embarrassing. Up there with nicknaming himself the servant. It's like you think there's no way he would actually make those quotes and then it turns out he has. :lol

I'm all for being a team guy but when you're a once in a generation type talent you have to embrace that. It's ok to say you are team first and unselfish but you can't say you don't want any team to be yours. That's soft. Kawhichael has the perfect balance (unselfish & team first but still calls himself the leader of the team).

FkLA
11-16-2017, 08:00 PM
As much as I like to shit on Durpussy, US sports fans are a little too fixated with "being the man", tbh.

Come on bro, what if Messi was like I don't want to be the face of Argentina I just want to be side by side with everyone else. This is Aguero's team.

lilbthebasedgod
11-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Durbeta is mentally weak, thin-skinned, a coward, wasting his amazing talent, and getting a free pass from Media in the process. What's there to like?

Great player on both ends of the floor while knowing his role and not trying to live outside of it Not sure how he's wasting his talent either, since his talent is contributing to a team who is going to win a few more rings. I also like how he doesn't try to pretend being above ring chasing and him losing his fake nice guy persona.

I agree he is thinly skinned, but he doesn't get as much of a pass as people act like he does.

DAF86
11-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Come on bro, what if Messi was like I don't want to be the face of Argentina I just want to be side by side with everyone else. This is Aguero's team.

Durant is at fault too. He shouldn't even be talking about "leaders" or "face of the franchise". Just play and shut the fuck up.

Clipper Nation
11-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Great player on both ends of the floor while knowing his role and not trying to live outside of it Not sure how he's wasting his talent either, since his talent is contributing to a team who is going to win a few more rings. I also like how he doesn't try to pretend being above ring chasing and him losing his fake nice guy persona.

I agree he is thinly skinned, but he doesn't get as much of a pass as people act like he does.
He doesn't "know his role," though. He took a lesser role that he's overqualified for because he's a pussy. He's wasting his talent by choosing to be a role player on Curry's team instead of putting it to use by being The Man on his own team. It's weak and there's no way to :downspin: that shit.

:lol How has Durbeta not pretended to be above ring chasing? He's blamed literally everyone and everything else, he's pretended that he moved to the Bay Area for investment opportunities and the great restaurant scene (:lmao), he's even been caught using fake Instagram and Twitter accounts trying to justify his actions. He's done everything *but* admit to the truth that he just wanted easy rings without having to work for them.

He also gets a HUGE free pass. Could you imagine what the reaction would be if LeBron joined a 73-win team he had just lost to in the playoffs? He'd never live it down. We'd never hear the end of it. But with Durant, Media has done everything they can to downplay it and try to normalize it. Spineless reporters never challenge him during interviews when he starts up with his excuses. LeBron still gets criticized way more, as if he can be reasonably expected to beat this Warriors team all by himself. It's a joke.

timtonymanu
11-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately for Durbeta's legacy, the truth of his cowardice will always be there for the world to see on his Wikipedia page, his Basketball Reference page, and countless other Google search results. It's going to be the decision that all future cowardly/front-running free agency decisions are compared to. It does matter, and it's never going away.

Oh he’s definitely a beta bitch but unfortunately no one can shut him or his team up when it matters anyway.

lilbthebasedgod
11-16-2017, 08:38 PM
He doesn't "know his role," though. He took a lesser role that he's overqualified for because he's a pussy. He's wasting his talent by choosing to be a role player on Curry's team instead of putting it to use by being The Man on his own team. It's weak and there's no way to :downspin: that shit.

:lol How has Durbeta not pretended to be above ring chasing? He's blamed literally everyone and everything else, he's pretended that he moved to the Bay Area for investment opportunities and the great restaurant scene (:lmao), he's even been caught using fake Instagram and Twitter accounts trying to justify his actions. He's done everything *but* admit to the truth that he just wanted easy rings without having to work for them.

He also gets a HUGE free pass. Could you imagine what the reaction would be if LeBron joined a 73-win team he had just lost to in the playoffs? He'd never live it down. We'd never hear the end of it. But with Durant, Media has done everything they can to downplay it and try to normalize it. Spineless reporters never challenge him during interviews when he starts up with his excuses. LeBron still gets criticized way more, as if he can be reasonably expected to beat this Warriors team all by himself. It's a joke.

He is not overqualified for his role. His role involves being the second most important player on the greatest team ever assembled. Barely anyone would be qualified for that. And there's nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to be the man. Basketball isn't about players anyway. Its about team stats and team outcomes. What's the point of being The Man on a bad team when basketball isn't about The Man?

I am not aware of him saying those things anymore. He's talked about how important winning is to him and how that was a factor in him going there lately. His excuses at the beginning were really annoying and I would have liked him to just say "I'm going to the best team ever, and I'm going to win, and anyone who'd turn that down is working against their own self interests" tbh.

Lebron gets way too much hate and would likely get more hate than him I agree, but the media doesn't downplay Durant's problems and doesn't get as much media hate aside from referring to the cavs recent winning and defensive issues. I dislike his twitter moves and the general drama he gets in anyway so I agree on that.

Mitch
11-16-2017, 08:58 PM
Durgamma is not mentally strong enough to lead, so he accepted the role he was made for.

resistanze
11-16-2017, 10:16 PM

This.

- He was on a team in OKC that made at least the WCF in 4 of the last 6 years (the other two years either he or WB were injured)
- They were at least by Vegas odds entering last season as third highest title favorites; they're not some middling team
- He says he moved to Bay area to develop his craft, join a team culture, etc...but then at same time said 'no way in hell' he joins GSW if they won in 2016 (makes no sense)
- Tried to slander his former coach and teammates anonymously, ignoring the fact his team was 3-1 up on the 73 win Warriors then he proceeded to shoot 10-31 and 12-31 in consecutive closeout games..yet it's his team's fault
- Talked shit about joining superteams in the past, then joins the biggest superteam in history

Somehow he's received 1/10 of the hate LeBron has/does. It's amazing tbh.

FkLA
11-16-2017, 10:53 PM
He is not overqualified for his role. His role involves being the second most important player on the greatest team ever assembled. Barely anyone would be qualified for that. And there's nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to be the man. Basketball isn't about players anyway. Its about team stats and team outcomes. What's the point of being The Man on a bad team when basketball isn't about The Man?

I am not aware of him saying those things anymore. He's talked about how important winning is to him and how that was a factor in him going there lately. His excuses at the beginning were really annoying and I would have liked him to just say "I'm going to the best team ever, and I'm going to win, and anyone who'd turn that down is working against their own self interests" tbh.

Lebron gets way too much hate and would likely get more hate than him I agree, but the media doesn't downplay Durant's problems and doesn't get as much media hate aside from referring to the cavs recent winning and defensive issues. I dislike his twitter moves and the general drama he gets in anyway so I agree on that.

Greatest team ever assembled? Please.

But even if that were the case, GS would only be the "greatest " because of Durbeta's beta-ness. No other once in a generation talent would ever think of joining a team with a back to back MVP, 2 finals trips, 1 title, and a 70 win season under its belt. I'm sure if LeBron had been beta enough to join the mid 2000s Spurs they'd have been the "greatest" too.

FkLA
11-16-2017, 11:02 PM
Serious question, is it possible he's an actual faggot? Pushing 30, not married and I've never heard of him even having a girlfriend. Could explain him being a sensitive pussy, tbqh.

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2017, 11:07 PM
He said he’s not a verbal leader and likes to lead by example. I don’t see the problem here guys.

hater
11-16-2017, 11:16 PM
lol why are posters here so mad

So hes not a leader.

Mikeanaro
11-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Serious question, is it possible he's an actual faggot? Pushing 30, not married and I've never heard of him even having a girlfriend. Could explain him being a sensitive pussy, tbqh.
The worst thing was the alt account incident, add that to all the things you named and you have a psycho.

Phenomanul
11-17-2017, 01:28 AM
lol why are posters here so mad

So hes not a leader.

Because his move led to an unprecedented power shift that has destroyed any semblance of competitive parity. Unless you are a bandwagon Warriors fan, most fans don’t enjoy knowing the outcome of a season upfront. Despite high viewership figures early on, the imbalanced parity will eventually kill the competitive dynamic that draws viewers in.

hater
11-17-2017, 07:50 AM
Because his move led to an unprecedented power shift that has destroyed any semblance of competitive parity. Unless you are a bandwagon Warriors fan, most fans don’t enjoy knowing the outcome of a season upfront. Despite high viewership figures early on, the imbalanced parity will eventually kill the competitive dynamic that draws viewers in.

And this didnt happen when Leroids joined wade and dinosaur in Miami???

Wheres the hate for the bald loser?

Splits
11-17-2017, 09:43 AM
Damn. The Finals MVP is a humble man.

Canyonero
11-17-2017, 10:29 AM

According to Wikipedia, he was engaged to a WNBA player. Does this actually count as a woman tbh?

UZER
11-17-2017, 10:49 AM

It's because he eats his own boogers on national TV.

UZER
11-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Durbeta wants to be a beta and join the Warriors, fine. Not really, but fine.

What irks me is how now he acts all tough, trash talking, getting in players faces, showing the ring finger to fans. Dude rarely did any of this shit in OKC.

Dex
11-17-2017, 12:20 PM
Durbeta wants to be a beta and join the Warriors, fine. Not really, but fine.

What irks me is how now he acts all tough, trash talking, getting in players faces, showing the ring finger to fans. Dude rarely did any of this shit in OKC.

It's easy to talk smack when you have no fear. It's professional bullying...big guy picking on the wimpy, small kids.

Would love nothing more for some team to put the Warriors in their place...preferably the Spurs.

UZER
11-17-2017, 01:31 PM
It's easy to talk smack when you have no fear. It's professional bullying...big guy picking on the wimpy, small kids.

Would love nothing more for some team to put the Warriors in their place...preferably the Spurs.

Exactly. NOW he's taking tough.

lefty
11-17-2017, 03:56 PM

I agree, people should leave Messi alone

resistanze
11-17-2017, 04:12 PM
And this didnt happen when Leroids joined wade and dinosaur in Miami???

Wheres the hate for the bald loser?

:lol LeBron took 100x more hate in the first week at a Heatle than Durant has in his career, GSW defection included. Do you remember him being booed at every opposing stadium? Jesus.

DJR210
11-17-2017, 06:02 PM
According to Wikipedia, he was engaged to a WNBA player. Does this actually count as a woman tbh?

:lol

FkLA
11-17-2017, 06:29 PM
:elephant

-21-
11-18-2017, 02:24 AM
Why the hell is he even talking about this stuff? Does he think this makes him look humble or something? :lol

Seriously though, I think a big reason why the Warriors work (aside from talent) is because of their attitude. Their stars' personalities go together really well. Durant is the best player on the team but is a beta, which is fine because Curry will always be the face of the franchise. Curry may never win another MVP or FMVP because of Durant but it doesn't matter to him as long as they win because, again, it's his team. Draymond is the "vocal" leader, the alpha dog, always barking at his teammates, opponents, or at the media. Meanwhile, Klay is too high to care about any of this shit.

Mark Celibate
11-18-2017, 09:41 AM
He was enjoying being just a member of a team, rather than the face of it. "Steph Curry is the face of the franchise, and that helps me out, because I don't have to," he said. "I don't want to have to be the leader. I'm not a leader. I'm bad at saying, 'Stand behind me and follow me.' No. I'm one of those guys that's just like, 'Let's do this shit together. Let's just work everybody together. I don't mind being on the front line with you, but let's come and do it together.' That's my way of leadership. I'm leading by example."

https://www.gq.com/story/kevin-durant-is-just-heating-up-profile

:lmao You can't make this shit up. Durbeta is the softest, most mentally weak athlete in the history of sports.

But weren't you all over Kobe for acting the exact opposite instead of being a team guy? So what makes a good leader in your eyes?

Clipper Nation
11-18-2017, 09:43 AM
But weren't you all over Kobe for acting the exact opposite instead of being a team guy? So what makes a good leader in your eyes?
You can be a leader without being a selfish prick, tbh. Just look at Duncan, LeBron or Kawhi.

Mark Celibate
11-18-2017, 09:44 AM

If they're winning who cares? Wouldn't that be the right move?

It's one thing if Durant being passive is costing his team but they just went on a historic run :lol

Mark Celibate
11-18-2017, 09:48 AM
You can be a leader without being a selfish prick, tbh. Just look at Duncan, LeBron or Kawhi.

idk man, I'm not buying anything wrong with what he said here. They're winning, he's saying he likes being one of the guys, etc ...imo, if Duncan said something similar amidst the Spurs runs in the mid 00's, I think posters here would jizz their pants and talk about how :cry classy the Spurs franchise is :cry. Nobody's above the team :cry

DMC
11-18-2017, 06:36 PM
If Westbrook had that mentality he'd have a ring or two by now.