PDA

View Full Version : LMA ;)

raybies
11-17-2017, 10:46 PM
This one's for you LMA. Tonight you were the star of stars. Here's to many more.

SAGirl
11-17-2017, 10:48 PM
a lot of guys have been eating crow with Lamarcus and Kyle TBH...
of course they will wait until a lose to come out trolling but won't give guys their due when they have to.

Mr. Body
11-17-2017, 10:49 PM
You could tell he wanted this.

FkLA
11-17-2017, 10:50 PM
He's actually been playing tough. Just seems like he's much less dependent on that fadeaway. Him running the floor and establishing position early is paying dividends.

RD2191
11-17-2017, 10:50 PM
of course they will wait until a lose to come out trolling but won't give guys their due when they have to.

LMA hate is completely justified, especially when he thinks of himself as the man. Fair or not this team's losses fall on him, especially with kawhi out.

BillMc
11-17-2017, 10:51 PM
When you factor in defense he's been playing BETTER than Portland LMA.

raybies
11-17-2017, 10:51 PM
I expect this to be bumped... I thought about it when i posted this, but in the end I feel LMA deserves the credit. He gets so much dam flak, but he produced and has been producing. He's doing great.

Mr. Body
11-17-2017, 10:52 PM
LMA hate is completely justified, especially when he thinks of himself as the man. Fair or not this team's losses fall on him, especially with kawhi out.

You criticize him for thinking he's the man. Then say he's the man.

raybies
11-17-2017, 10:52 PM
You could tell he wanted this.
Yeah I saw that too. He played with a lot of grit and attitude.

raybies
11-17-2017, 10:56 PM
you let a fire die by not giving it fuel...

RD2191
11-17-2017, 11:00 PM

He's the man in the sense that he's the number 1 option offensively with kawhi out. Now is he the best player on this team or even kawhi's equal like he thinks he is? Hell no.

Mr. Body
11-17-2017, 11:01 PM
He's the man in the sense that he's the number 1 option offensively with kawhi out. Now is he the best player on this team or even kawhi's equal like he thinks he is? Hell no.

So he is the man. Got it.

sananspursfan21
11-17-2017, 11:03 PM
All I can think about when I watch him perform like this is how fun it will be to watch Kawhi join in

coachmac87
11-17-2017, 11:06 PM

LMA knows he's not better than Kawhi...

But to be fair he probably thought that when he signed her and tbh he was. Kawhi just went super sayin that coming season and shook it up..but in a good way

raybies
11-17-2017, 11:42 PM

Chris
11-17-2017, 11:45 PM

That's great Gasol, now box your man out please >_<

tmtcsc
11-17-2017, 11:51 PM
I shit all over Aldridge last year because...I have eyes. This year has been a total reversal & transformation for him. If not for LMA, this team would not have a winning record right now. THIS is what all the fans who wanted him here were expecting. He's been great and it isn't because he's chasing a contract. He's rejuvenated.

tmtcsc
11-17-2017, 11:52 PM
When you factor in defense he's been playing BETTER than Portland LMA.

Agreed.

ginobilized
11-17-2017, 11:59 PM
Gritty LMA is great for SA!
Psyched to see him working so hard.

Gotta say, once again Pop is pulling rabbits out of his ass with this team.
Who else could get 10 wins with this squad? Seriously, look at the talent on the teams with better records.

Also, is OKC on drugs? They are a weird team.

raybies
11-18-2017, 12:02 AM
LaPassion :cry

hater
11-18-2017, 12:43 AM
LaPassion :cry

:lol thats a bit Spacey there

DAF86
11-18-2017, 01:03 AM
He's actually been playing tough. Just seems like he's much less dependent on that fadeaway. Him running the floor and establishing position early is paying dividends.

That's what he did on the second half of his first season here. Then last year he went all lazy and shit. Let's hope he sticks to hustling on O to get good position when Kawhi comes back, and doesn't pout becuase of ":cry mah touches :cry".

Spur|n|Austin
11-18-2017, 01:12 AM

LOL agreed

UZER
11-18-2017, 01:14 AM

So Pau clearly knows what competitiveness and toughness looks like, but doesn't give to shits about doing it himself.

Spur|n|Austin
11-18-2017, 01:16 AM
So Pau clearly knows what competitiveness and toughness looks like, but doesn't give to shits about doing it himself.

Personally thought Gasoline played well. His IQ and passing are top notch still.

DAF86
11-18-2017, 01:28 AM

Pau played with fire, for his standards. Got the Spurs many second chance opportunities.

MaNu4Tres
11-18-2017, 01:28 AM
This was the LMA they signed up for. Glad to see him thriving and showing a lot of heart. The past two years were disappointing, but it looks like those summer convos with Pop paid huge dividends.

BillMc
11-18-2017, 06:28 AM

Pau's probably been the second best player on the team so far this season, especially with Rudy in a recent slump/back injury.

raybies
11-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Gritty LMA is great for SA!
Psyched to see him working so hard.

Gotta say, once again Pop is pulling rabbits out of his ass with this team.
Who else could get 10 wins with this squad? Seriously, look at the talent on the teams with better records.

I think they start the game with so much effort on D that they tire themselves out. Either conditioning or heart, but they started clanking em once the Spurs matched the intensity. They start strong but last night we finished strong.

Atl Spur
11-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Like I’ve stated many times, if Kyle plays more aggressive/assertive he is a good basketball player. He could be solid 3rd option.

RD2191
11-18-2017, 10:10 AM
So he is the man. Got it.

No, he really isn't.

skulls138
11-18-2017, 10:37 AM
That's what he did on the second half of his first season here. Then last year he went all lazy and shit. Let's hope he sticks to hustling on O to get good position when Kawhi comes back, and doesn't pout becuase of ":cry mah touches :cry".I don't think he was right even that first year. He wasn't hustling or playing D, he was mr. "You guys hustle and ill be the fadeaway guy". I like what hes doing now.

still.focused
11-18-2017, 10:47 AM
Like I’ve stated many times, if Kyle plays more aggressive/assertive he is a good basketball player. He could be solid 3rd option.

No he cannot, he cant shoot & gets ragdolled by most contact
He is a playmaker tho & the Spurs dont have many
Hes very good with the ball and him being aggresive definitely pays
But I dont ever want to see us 'going to Kyle' for a bucket
With Kawhi back Id love to see Pop let him run the 2nd team offense

BillMc
11-18-2017, 11:10 AM
I wonder if LMA will have a shot at All Star starter? Bigs in the West will probably be Durant, Davis and whom? LMA, KAT, Blake, Draymond, Cousins, Gobert, Melo, George, Jordan and hopefully a late charging Kawhi all fighting over spots. Fans probably won't vote for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kawhi get significant even having not played.

Russo21
11-18-2017, 12:09 PM
22.3ppg. The 3rd highest scoring avg of his career. Playing fewer minutes than he ever did in Portland with higher shooting %'s. Also playing imo the best d of his career. Kudos. :toast

Omg LMA, a healthy Kawhi plus Gay rounding into shape. Potential for being one of the nastiest front courts around.

boutons_deux
11-18-2017, 12:20 PM
It was wonderful to see LMA's intensity after his game-winning put back.

I'm worried how will fare whatever "chemistry" is developing now when both Tony and Kawhi are starting again.

cd021
11-18-2017, 03:24 PM
That rebound and putback :wow :lma

cd021
11-18-2017, 03:27 PM
22.3ppg. The 3rd highest scoring avg of his career. Playing fewer minutes than he ever did in Portland with higher shooting %'s. Also playing imo the best d of his career. Kudos. :toast

Omg LMA, a healthy Kawhi plus Gay rounding into shape. Potential for being one of the nastiest front courts around.

Gasol's been balling out of controls starting with that @ Indiana game. Have to include him too.

(Whole season)
25.5 MPG, 11 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 1.3 bpg, 49% FGA, 43% 3pt, 80% FT, +15 Net Rtg, 21 P.E.R :wow

r0drig0lac
11-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Gasol's been balling out of controls starting with that @ Indiana game. Have to include him too.

(Whole season)
25.5 MPG, 11 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 1.3 bpg, 49% FGA, 43% 3pt, 80% FT, +15 Net Rtg, 21 P.E.R :wow

it's a joke right?

FkLA
11-18-2017, 03:43 PM
That's what he did on the second half of his first season here. Then last year he went all lazy and shit. Let's hope he sticks to hustling on O to get good position when Kawhi comes back, and doesn't pout becuase of ":cry mah touches :cry".

I don't think he was right even that first year. He wasn't hustling or playing D, he was mr. "You guys hustle and ill be the fadeaway guy". I like what hes doing now.

This is what I was wondering too. I do remember he had a monster 2nd half of his first season +first 6 games of the playoffs but I don't remember if his fadeaways were just falling or if he was also killing it in the paint like he has been this year.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-18-2017, 03:55 PM
This is what I was wondering too. I do remember he had a monster 2nd half of his first season +first 6 games of the playoffs but I don't remember if his fadeaways were just falling or if he was also killing it in the paint like he has been this year.

He was actually better in the paint. He's always been elite at this. As good as he has been this season, he's at his career worst shooting in the paint.

tholdren
11-18-2017, 04:03 PM

Kyle was a loser last night

DAF86
11-18-2017, 04:13 PM

He was hustling, running the floor and getting great position downlow. And Duncan would find him with great passes.

So the good takeaway is that this could be sustainable. The thing is to see if LA doesn't go back to being a faggot.

skulls138
11-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Even with the great chemistry, we're going to need KL and TP to win it all. I think this is a great opportunity LMA is getting to shed any lack of confidence he might've had.

SAGirl
11-18-2017, 08:57 PM
Kyle was a loser last night
:lmao tholdren you are a sad sack. You don't need to quote me to troll.. just troll on along. most ppl just ignore your takes anyways.

raybies
11-18-2017, 08:57 PM
I know I do ^^^

spurs10
11-18-2017, 09:37 PM
This one's for you LMA. Tonight you were the star of stars. Here's to many more.
931747764727410688 Right on!

of course they will wait until a lose to come out trolling but won't give guys their due when they have to. :toast

cd021
11-19-2017, 01:16 AM
it's a joke right?

Whats funny?

John B
11-19-2017, 02:42 AM
LMA has been very good but has tendencies to fade in the 4th, enters Kawhi to close in the 4th and neutralize talents like Durant, Harden and George. Should Kawhi step back in favor of LMA? I think so because Kawhi can always get his numbers, especially in the 4th and transition offense. In and out as it was with Timmy, to suck in the defense and dish out to open 3s. Well ideally at least...

YGWHI
11-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Should Kawhi step back in favor of LMA?

Kawhi was an MVP candidate in the last two seasons...I never got why a fan would want that a superior player to take a step back in favor of an inferior player. It's such a ridiculous scenario.

Cavs fans wants LeBron to be the guy not Kevin Love...The best player on a team has to play to his full strengths to make that team a contender.

John B
11-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Because it takes a team to win a championship. Jordan averaged 35-37 pts and was an MVP but was not a champion until he lowered his scoring and distributed to his team. Magic with his size could’ve scored over his guard every time. But don’t have to go far. Timmy could’ve scored more every night if he wanted to, but could he have won a championship without TP and Manu? That’s the difference between a champion and a TMac or AI. Would Kawhi rather be MVP than a champion? Kawhi needs LMA to get involved early and play big, and open up Gay, and 3’s even more. In and out. LMA has been playing really good and building his confidence back. And lately Spurs D is limiting opponents to 90s. Now Kawhi can tighten the defense even more and close the 4th where LMA fades sometimes. I think Kawhi getting hurt was a blessing even, and with CIA Pops, who knows? Real games are played in June.

duncan2k5
11-21-2017, 09:46 AM
I shit all over Aldridge last year because...I have eyes. This year has been a total reversal & transformation for him. If not for LMA, this team would not have a winning record right now. THIS is what all the fans who wanted him here were expecting. He's been great and it isn't because he's chasing a contract. He's rejuvenated.

This makes no sense... You take the only star off of ANY team they will have a losing record... There is nothing special about what LMA is doing... He actually is just playing ok... Not rebounding great... Still takes soft shots over little ppl... But because he is the only star on the team, his numbers are decent... His issue is the playoffs and playing vs draymond... I dont give a crap about November games vs lottery teams

raybies
11-30-2017, 02:19 AM

Slippy
11-30-2017, 02:27 AM
This makes no sense... You take the only star off of ANY team they will have a losing record... There is nothing special about what LMA is doing... He actually is just playing ok... Not rebounding great... Still takes soft shots over little ppl... But because he is the only star on the team, his numbers are decent... His issue is the playoffs and playing vs draymond... I dont give a crap about November games vs lottery teams

Lol

Just imagine if LA played great instead of just OK in your eyes. It be 71 points drob style.

Brazil
11-30-2017, 06:18 AM
LMA deserves some props tbh... last two games he has been terrific (dude likes some Tony return tbh)... last night I particularly loved his 3 3ptas tbh. He is improving a bit on that aspect, was struggling last 10 games but kept shooting one or two 3 pts which is good sign. With him and Pau capable to fire long range it opens a lot of things for the Spurs.

With Tony and Kawhi return we have 4 guys capable to hit some 3s and a PG whose bread and butter is passing off penetration and going at rim when lines open... if this starting 5 stays healthy watch out NBA

cutewizard
11-30-2017, 06:31 AM
Let's face the Truth

When he is on fire, LMA IS ACTUALLY THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA!!!!

Like today, hmmmmmm

Brazil
11-30-2017, 06:36 AM
Let's face the Truth

When he is on fire, LMA IS ACTUALLY THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA!!!!

Like today, hmmmmmm

:lol let's not get too carried away girl

cutewizard
11-30-2017, 06:45 AM
:lol let's not get too carried away girl

Hahahahahaha

alright Sir

:bobo

YGWHI
11-30-2017, 07:30 AM
Because it takes a team to win a championship. Jordan averaged 35-37 pts and was an MVP but was not a champion until he lowered his scoring and distributed to his team.
MJ distributed better but who was the leading scorer in those championships? Jordan was. Kawhi can improve as playmaker but this team still needs him as the go to guy.

The best and most efficient scorer on a team has to be the go to guy, it's crazy to say the opposite.

Kawhi needs LMA to get involved early and play big, and open up Gay, and 3’s even more. In and out.
Getting LMA involved early means he has to be the leading scorer? That's the issue.

It's not an issue if LMA gets his touches in the 1st quarter but people here wants Kawhi to play like a role player in the first 3 quarters and then to take over in the 4th.

That's not how an offense works. The worst thing for the Spurs would be to have a passive Kawhi on offense, when that happened in playoffs the Spurs lost the series.

Remember when Spurs initiated every possession with a P&R between Parker and LMA in 2015...Remember game 5 against OKC when Pop closed the game with two of those plays instead of calling a play for Kawhi.

When Kawhi could initiate the offense and ran the P&Rs in last season, the Spurs were almost unbeatable in playoffs. Because Kawhi's gravity is way higher than Parker-LMA.

A team has to have his best scorer involved all game not only one quarter. Again, this feels so crazy, to have to explain why a superior player have to be involved on offense over the inferior player/2nd option.

LMA has been playing really good and building his confidence back.
Against Western Conference non-playoffs teams like Dallas and Memphis.

That's the difference between both players. Kawhi gives us excellence against top opponents.

hater
11-30-2017, 07:49 AM
Meh whatever hes still Marsha till he show up in the playoffs

blizz
11-30-2017, 08:45 AM
It’s LA you illiterate dumbasses. Marcus isn’t his middle name!

TheDoctor
11-30-2017, 09:20 AM
:lol get over it. LMA sounds better so stfu :toast

hater
11-30-2017, 09:21 AM
All I know is he is Marsha in the playoffs

jermaine
11-30-2017, 10:31 AM

I wanna say stfu so bad, buuuuuuut time has proven you to be right. So imma just stfu!

mookie2001
11-30-2017, 10:50 AM
I'm an LA man 100%. LMA is the Lebronization

sasaint
11-30-2017, 11:38 AM

:lol get over it. LMA sounds better so stfu :toast

I have been in the habit of referring to him as "LMA" here on ST. In print I like it much better than LA. But when Bill or Sean refer to him as "LA" it sounds better than speaking "LMA" aloud. I like "LaMarsha" better than "Marsha." I have been leaning toward simply "Touches" lately. But basically a diva by any name smells just the same. I concede that LMA has been the team MVP in Kawhi's absence and has played All-Star caliber ball, however, I have two tests he has yet to pass. One is certainly showing up in the playoffs at the same level he has been playing at so far this season. Second is playing at the same level when the real MVP returns and his touches go down - no pouting or loafing.

Darius Bieber
11-30-2017, 11:41 AM
It was against the Grizz, chill. Let’s see how he does against the Warriors, Celtics, Cavs , or Houston.

UZER
11-30-2017, 11:42 AM

Its actually Lanoodles Aldroodles.

sasaint
11-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Its actually Lanoodles Aldroodles.

:lol My fave is "Yankee Noodle Danny."

boutons_deux
11-30-2017, 01:40 PM
It seems that when LMA goes into his fade away or back down routines, he loses all court vision, failing to pass to guys wide open under, near, or cutting to the basket.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-30-2017, 02:00 PM
LMA's shooting numbers this season from all over the court are basketball porn. Hope he can keep up the efficiency after Kawhi returns.

Brazil
11-30-2017, 02:35 PM
LA = Lakers
LMA = LaMarcus

so yeah

Drom John
11-30-2017, 04:45 PM
1) LAL = Lakers
LA = Lower Alabama

2) The Games Scores for the past two games by Aldridge have been the 24th best (27 November against Dallas) and 27th best (29 November against Memphis) in the NBA this year.
Jeremy Lamb has the 68th best (3 November against the Spurs).

The Dallas game was 98th best all time for the Spurs.
Aldridge's best Game Score was 26 March 2016 against the Grizzlies, the 86th best.
The Dallas game was the best since Leonard 6 March 2017 against the Rockies, the 37th best.
Best all time, Robinson 24 April 1994 against the Clippers.

John B
12-01-2017, 01:31 AM
I’m not saying Kawhi to be passive, but he needs to be a better facilitator especially to involve Aldridge. Because an aggressive Aldridge is better. Unlike Kawhi, Aldridge needs a playmaker, a set-up to get him going. I’ve seen Kobe a facilitator first and taking over in the 4th. And last finals, Durant killed the tired LeBron/Kyrie in the 4th. Similarly Kawhi can pace himself feeding Aldridge, and have more energy for the kill.

Chinook
12-01-2017, 01:42 AM

It's not Lamarcus Aldridge. It's LaMarcus Aldridge. Just like LeBron is LBJ, D'Angelo Russell is DAR and Mike D'Antoni is MDA. You seem illiterate as shit with your comment, because a casual reading of the news and sports forums should have told you that LMA is completely standard and acceptable.

I have been in the habit of referring to him as "LMA" here on ST. In print I like it much better than LA. But when Bill or Sean refer to him as "LA" it sounds better than speaking "LMA" aloud. I like "LaMarsha" better than "Marsha." I have been leaning toward simply "Touches" lately. But basically a diva by any name smells just the same. I concede that LMA has been the team MVP in Kawhi's absence and has played All-Star caliber ball, however, I have two tests he has yet to pass. One is certainly showing up in the playoffs at the same level he has been playing at so far this season. Second is playing at the same level when the real MVP returns and his touches go down - no pouting or loafing.

I actually pronounce it "luh-MUH", which I like significantly more than "ell-EI"

DMC
12-01-2017, 02:09 AM
He is the man and they told him that when they signed him. He could be the man on many other teams in the league. Not many players at his level at his age would ever play for SA and sacrifice their stats. He will likely rethink it as well as soon as he stops being the hero.

DMC
12-01-2017, 02:10 AM
It's not Lamarcus Aldridge. It's LaMarcus Aldridge. Just like LeBron is LBJ, D'Angelo Russell is DAR and Mike D'Antoni is MDA. You seem illiterate as shit with your comment, because a casual reading of the news and sports forums should have told you that LMA is completely standard and acceptable.

I actually pronounce it "luh-MUH", which I like significantly more than "ell-EI"

Just like LBJ, not LJ (LeBron)

Chomag
12-01-2017, 03:24 PM
It's going to take him not disappearing in the playoffs until I can trust him so the jury is still out but it is good seeing him playing better.

UZER
12-01-2017, 10:01 PM
:lol My fave is "Yankee Noodle Danny."

That's the best commercial this year. Tony goes all in on his parts.

SAGirl
12-02-2017, 04:01 PM
He's been a beast... He should definitely get an all star nod.
:lma

TD 21
12-02-2017, 05:58 PM
:lol At all the idiots, fans and media alike, who declared Spurs a team with "one All-Star" because Aldridge wasn't selected last season, as if that automatically meant he wasn't of that caliber anymore. Typical hot take, prisoner of the moment NBA coverage.

West All-Stars . . .

Locks: Curry, Durant, Green, Thompson, Harden, Cousins, Davis, Westbrook, Aldridge.

Likely but not locks due to injury: Paul, Leonard.

Candidates: Jokic, Butler, Towns, George, Lillard.

Eliminated from contention due to injury: Griffin, Conley, Gobert.

TimDunkem
12-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Not sure if Gobert is completely eliminated considering he'll be back in a few weeks.

TD 21
12-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Not sure if Gobert is completely eliminated considering he'll be back in a few weeks.

Would be locks like Paul and Leonard (probably gets voted as a starter) can afford an extended absence, but a would be candidate like Gobert can't.

TimDunkem
12-02-2017, 06:07 PM
It's unlikely, I'd agree with that.

blizz
12-13-2017, 08:00 PM

So you’re going to give an initial to a letter that’s just in his name because of how you like to say it? Dumbass.

raybies
12-13-2017, 08:44 PM
i personally prefer LMA cause it distinguishes from LA which I want no part in mentioning around here as a Spur fan.

tholdren
12-13-2017, 08:50 PM

Then youre illiterate because you arent pronouncing with phonetic awareness.....