PDA

View Full Version : Nurses Laughed as 89-Year-Old World War II Veteran DIED Pleading For Air

Chris
11-19-2017, 06:40 PM
Nurses at an elderly care facility in Atlanta, Georgia have been fired and stripped of their licenses after they were caught on camera laughing at an 89-year-old veteran who begged them for help as he died.

Video footage of their obscene behavior was released after a television station persuaded the court to unseal a surveillance video that recorded them laughing as his breathing machine failed.

http://www.11alive.com/article/news/investigations/hidden-camera-tells-true-story-of-how-veteran-died-after-calling-for-help-gasping-for-air/85-490859558

iVVZwBLZ8i4

koriwhat
11-19-2017, 08:03 PM
they did the same to my grandfather and he died a week later back at the house under hospice. still fucking pissed and upset at his rehab/care facility we put him in for only 2wks for his knee pain. ugh... fuck nurses at those places. they never answer emergency calls from patients when buzzed.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-20-2017, 06:16 AM
they did the same to my grandfather and he died a week later back at the house under hospice. still fucking pissed and upset at his rehab/care facility we put him in for only 2wks for his knee pain. ugh... fuck nurses at those places. they never answer emergency calls from patients when buzzed.

Not pissed enough to do anything about it. Failure to render aid is grounds for wrongful death and malpractice.

DJR210
11-20-2017, 06:26 AM
This is what avante deserved for all that despicable shit he did in the bars :tu

Spurtacular
11-20-2017, 09:04 AM
YT comments very much about the race angle.

Xevious
11-20-2017, 09:26 AM
To be fair, you can't hear what they were laughing at. But those women had no fucking clue what they were doing. It's probably a medicare funded nursing home with minimal staff and no standards as far as training/education. My mom and her siblings sued (and won) a nursing home back in the 80s for the wrongful death of my grandad for much the same thing. The staff had no idea what they were doing or how to identify that somebody is in distress.

Mitch
11-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Despicable piece of shit, tbh

Chucho
11-20-2017, 01:00 PM
To be fair, you can't hear what they were laughing at. But those women had no fucking clue what they were doing. It's probably a medicare funded nursing home with minimal staff and no standards as far as training/education. My mom and her siblings sued (and won) a nursing home back in the 80s for the wrongful death of my grandad for much the same thing. The staff had no idea what they were doing or how to identify that somebody is in distress.

It's weird because premium facilities and privately owned ones prefer and want medicare patients as medicare pays more and faster than private insurance. Go figure.

RD2191
11-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Meh, he was 89, living on borrowed time anyway.

Trill Clinton
11-20-2017, 03:15 PM

this. and why would his family stick him in this shitty facility.

Chucho
11-20-2017, 03:19 PM
this. and why would his family stick him in this shitty facility.

So...because he's almost at the end of the race, it's ok to justify negligence that leads to his death? And you also think that because someone can't afford more expensive healthcare, they deserve this kind of negligence? Wow. Stay classy, Trill.

Trill Clinton
11-20-2017, 03:22 PM
So...because he's almost at the end of the race, it's ok to justify negligence that leads to his death? And you also think that because someone can't afford more expensive healthcare, they deserve this kind of negligence? Wow. Stay classy, Trill.

ask robdiaz. i just agreed with him.

Chucho
11-20-2017, 03:24 PM
ask robdiaz. i just agreed with him.
you also blamed his family for putting him in a shitty facility.

Trill Clinton
11-20-2017, 03:26 PM
you also blamed his family for putting him in a shitty facility.

quote robdiaz and ask him, i'm not going to entertain your selective outrage today.

Chucho
11-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Shit, he caught me in some nonsense. I've got nothing.

Appreciate it, fam.

Blake
11-20-2017, 03:29 PM

Yeah, they were probably laughing with him not at him

baseline bum
11-20-2017, 04:22 PM
I hope that settlement was huge. I don't know how you can treat another person like that.

Mikeanaro
11-20-2017, 04:28 PM
If the pacient was a Dem and the nurses Trump supporters things would be different...

Chucho
11-20-2017, 04:46 PM
If the pacient was a Dem and the nurses Trump supporters things would be different...

Well, of course. Trill isn't very complex nor does he hide his biases. His outrage is selective.

Chucho
11-20-2017, 04:47 PM
I hope that settlement was huge. I don't know how you can treat another person like that.

Some people think it's ok if they're nearing the finish line. 1 person thinks it's the family's fault for putting him in a shitty home.

RD2191
11-20-2017, 04:51 PM
I wonder where all the anthem standers were when this man needed help? But our vets! :cry

Chucho
11-20-2017, 04:57 PM
I wonder where all the anthem standers were when this man needed help? But our vets! :cry

Probably same place you are when your friends are getting their asses kicked by hillbillies...nowhere to be found.

Trill Clinton
11-20-2017, 05:11 PM

If it matters to you sensitive cacs, the patient looks black. It's good to see y'all sticking up for blacks for once.

SpursforSix
11-20-2017, 05:20 PM
If it matters to you sensitive cacs, the patient looks black. It's good to see y'all sticking up for blacks for once.

Trill...humor me with an experiment if you will.Close your eyes. You're on a dirt road...not sure the exact location but definitely Delta country. You hear some rushing water in the distance. Birds chirping. Sun warming your back. Feels good doesn't it. Simpler times...just heading down to the store for an RC. All of a sudden you hear loud voices approaching very quickly. "Get em." "Let's hang em high." You feel someone run past you, panting, you feel his terror. You feel the mob getting closer. Open your eyes. You're standing in front of about 20 Koreans. You turn around and see a man dressed in a Barney costume running away down the road. You're about to ask what's going on.

Before you can get a word out, you hear a whooshing noise from above. You look up just in time to see a black man falling from the sky and landing on top of you. As you breathe your last breath, a loaded parachute pack slams down on the ground a few feet away. You die happy. Another record for your brothers. Also, a werewolf is pulling your pants down so he can eat your privates.

Chucho
11-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Trill...humor me with an experiment if you will.Close your eyes. You're on a dirt road...not sure the exact location but definitely Delta country. You hear some rushing water in the distance. Birds chirping. Sun warming your back. Feels good doesn't it. Simpler times...just heading down to the store for an RC. All of a sudden you hear loud voices approaching very quickly. "Get em." "Let's hang em high." You feel someone run past you, panting, you feel his terror. You feel the mob getting closer. Open your eyes. You're standing in front of about 20 Koreans. You turn around and see a man dressed in a Barney costume running away down the road. You're about to ask what's going on.

Before you can get a word out, you hear a whooshing noise from above. You look up just in time to see a black man falling from the sky and landing on top of you. As you breathe your last breath, a loaded parachute pack slams down on the ground a few feet away. You die happy. Another record for your brothers. Also, a werewolf is pulling your pants down so he can eat your privates.

:lol

SpursforSix
11-20-2017, 05:28 PM
:lol

It's from the vault

Trill Clinton
11-20-2017, 05:31 PM

CTOA

RD2191
11-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Probably same place you are when your friends are getting their asses kicked by hillbillies...nowhere to be found.

??? You're one sad delusional ******.

Chucho
11-20-2017, 05:33 PM
??? You're one sad delusional ******.

You were the one who said they'd get into it with hillbillies beating your friend up if they had guns. THAT'S delusional. You're just mad because you know you wouldn't.

Chucho
11-20-2017, 05:34 PM

So you're just an awful person to everyone. Doesn't make you look any better, pal.

koriwhat
11-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Not pissed enough to do anything about it. Failure to render aid is grounds for wrongful death and malpractice.

keep it up. your "cool guy" shit stops here on ST and doesn't roll over to real life. you're a little bitch and it shows with your mr knowitall ego.

Silver&Black
11-20-2017, 09:05 PM

:lol ST's biggest racist
:lol How pathetic is your life when all you do all day everyday is worry about race.

Who gives a flying fuck what race he was? Wrong is wrong no matter the color of the skin.

Do you wake up every single day and wonder "How has the big bad whitey oppressed my people today?" You need serious mental help man. It's not normal to worry about this kinda shit 24/7. Hope you snap outta this black/white shit one day. It can't be healthy.

What's sad though is you don't want it to end. If racism ended this very second you'd have nothing to talk about...since 95%+ of your post are about it.

Trill Clinton
11-20-2017, 10:35 PM
:lol ST's biggest racist
:lol How pathetic is your life when all you do all day everyday is worry about race.

Who gives a flying fuck what race he was? Wrong is wrong no matter the color of the skin.

Do you wake up every single day and wonder "How has the big bad whitey oppressed my people today?" You need serious mental help man. It's not normal to worry about this kinda shit 24/7. Hope you snap outta this black/white shit one day. It can't be healthy.

What's sad though is you don't want it to end. If racism ended this very second you'd have nothing to talk about...since 95%+ of your post are about it.

oh look, another racist calling me a racist:rolleyes

FuzzyLumpkins
11-20-2017, 11:35 PM
keep it up. your "cool guy" shit stops here on ST and doesn't roll over to real life. you're a little bitch and it shows with your mr knowitall ego.

How would you know, Joey? Meanwhile you did nothing.

Xevious
11-21-2017, 12:25 AM
It's weird because premium facilities and privately owned ones prefer and want medicare patients as medicare pays more and faster than private insurance. Go figure.
I really can't speak to the nursing home setting, but as for acute care hospitals that is not the case at all. Medicare/medicade has rolled out more and more requirements for reimbursement and the actual amount paid out is decreasing. Facilities relying on majority medicare patients are feeling the pinch.

Xevious
11-21-2017, 12:29 AM
In that case he should have been on comfort care or something. To die gasping for air and have some big lady mash on your chest ineffectually is a painful and traumatic way to die.

AaronY
11-21-2017, 12:49 AM
black people amirite guise or amirite :rolleyes

koriwhat
11-21-2017, 09:38 PM
How would you know, Joey? Meanwhile you did nothing.

youre a bitchass chump