PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Gasol getting a look at center

ducks
10-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Grizzlies: Gasol getting a look at center
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Tuesday, October 18, 2005

News
The Grizzlies are strongly considering playing Pau Gasol at center some this season. "If you have an inflexible roster, then when teams with good small players go small on you, you can't match up. You have problems," coach Mike Fratello told the Memphis Commercial Appeal. "He's really quick so most of the centers will be a step slow guarding him," forward Shane Battier told the paper. "Pau has to learn how to use his quickness to his advantage."

Views
If Gasol does earn eligibility at center it would obviously be a huge boost to his fantasy value. He is currently a top-50 fantasy player who could crack the top-30 if eligibility at the five came into play. When it comes to drafting, fantasy owners should approach him as a forward only.

Rummpd
10-18-2005, 11:58 AM
He has always been listed as a F/C in most areas. Unless the bulked up he seems to soft to be a true center.

boutons
10-18-2005, 12:24 PM
yes, Pao's got a soft body, but I really like many of his back-down, up-and-in power post moves that I wish Tim, Rasho, Nazr had. I hope Fabricio has some good power moves down low.

ploto
10-18-2005, 01:25 PM
He's great offensively at center, but not on defense.