PDA

View Full Version : Spurs 7-2 since starting MVP, can't wait to get our other MVP

dabom
11-21-2017, 07:45 AM
:lobt2:

dabom
11-21-2017, 07:46 AM
Get it boys.

:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub :danceclub:danceclub

dabom
11-21-2017, 08:01 AM
I know my dude Brazil seeing this. :lol

Brazil
11-21-2017, 08:07 AM
:lol

exstatic
11-21-2017, 08:13 AM
The reality is, it’s not patty, it’s putting the ball into hands of the best creator on the roster: Kyle Anderson. Patty isn’t playing at a particularly high level, he just sucked so bad earlier that it seems like he is.

dabom
11-21-2017, 08:17 AM
The reality is, it’s not patty, it’s putting the ball into hands of the best creator on the roster: Kyle Anderson. Patty isn’t playing at a particularly high level, he just sucked so bad earlier that it seems like he is.

It actually was MVP. Not starting to starting. People could get hit in the head with it and they still wouldn't know. :lol

dabom
11-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Wait, it might be 7-3. Still very great since we still missing Kawhi.

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 11:04 AM
The truth hurts.
Dabom is out there starting threads to fluff Patty up to distract from the fact Kyle has been balling.:toast
When was the last time our beloved Bobo Diaw had a 13/6/10/1 game or better? Kyle is finally turning into the player we all thought he could be. He has translated what has always been his game to the NBA and helped the Spurs but dabom is out there deflecting.

ernest787
11-21-2017, 11:08 AM
I understand SAgirl wasn't watching basketball at the time, but she does realize Boris avg 15/6/5 on a season right?

Chinook
11-21-2017, 11:10 AM
I understand SAgirl wasn't watching basketball at the time, but she does realize Boris avg 15/6/5 on a season right?

If you think citing a season a dozen years ago wins you this argument ... you probably don't get the argument.

sananspursfan21
11-21-2017, 11:12 AM
Mills, Gist, Mensah-Bonsu, Bonner all on my mt. Rushmore of spurs

bklynspursfan
11-21-2017, 11:36 AM
The truth hurts.
Dabom is out there starting threads to fluff Patty up to distract from the fact Kyle has been balling.:toast
When was the last time our beloved Bobo Diaw had a 13/6/10/1 game or better? Kyle is finally turning into the player we all thought he could be. He has translated what has always been his game to the NBA and helped the Spurs but dabom is out there deflecting.

Bobo had several games better than that in the 2014 season :)

But agreed, KA has been playing well this season. Hopefully that doesn't change once Kawhi returns.

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Bobo had a few games better in the 2014 season :)

But agreed, KA has been playing well this season. Hopefully that doesn't change once Kawhi returns
That statline was very characteristic of some of the best Bobo games. He once scored 26 in that game 6 at OKC, but some of his best games ever were when he produced stats close to that. Kyle rebounds better than Bobo too and is actually very good defensively. Totally different player in style, but I always said Kyle was a playmaker and he just had not been placed in that spot by Pop. He'd always be off the ball as a spot up shooter and was miscast. It just wasn't his time. Individually he also had things to work on, but the opportunities were not there for him either (in that role).. you can play minutes out of position as a shooter and not blossom. Place Murray in that spot he won't do very well either.

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 11:54 AM
If you think citing a season a dozen years ago wins you this argument ... you probably don't get the argument.
Exactly, nor were those stats produced in the Spurs system, different system and different coach.
I am citing a successful forward playmaker in the Spurs system who came off the bench and was fantastic. Ppl making it seem like he won't be able to play like that when he comes off the bench....
I am like people please, he's doing it against starting level competition, why won't he be able to do it off the bench? unless you take the ball out of his hands and want a strict spot up shooter in which case just play Bertans and trade Kyle for an asset. He deserves to be playing.

diego
11-21-2017, 11:58 AM
The truth hurts.

I like kyle, but if you think a 13/6/10/1 game in the rs against an eastern cellar dweller comes close to diaw's 2014 playoff run (which is the reason he is beloved here)...

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 12:01 PM
I like kyle, but if you think a 13/6/10/1 game in the rs against an eastern cellar dweller comes close to diaw's 2014 playoff run (which is the reason he is beloved here)...
He can get there, who knows if he might even surpass it tbh? He's only 24 and just getting this opportunity for the first time. Bobo was a veteran of many seasons and quite bad for some years with disappearances in 2013. You aren't really a fan if you don't believe tbh. If that was Dijon ppl would be all over his nuts. Have to tell it like it is.

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Fucking bandwagon post 2014 Spurs fans smdh :lol

diego
11-21-2017, 12:17 PM
He can get there, who knows if he might even surpass it tbh? He's only 24 and just getting this opportunity for the first time. Bobo was a veteran of many seasons and quite bad for some years with disappearances in 2013. You aren't really a fan if you don't believe tbh. If that was Dijon ppl would be all over his nuts. Have to tell it like it is.

He's young, he can still improve. I agree he is a better defender / rebounder than diaw. But diaw was a better offensive player by a large distance IMO, and by age 24 he showed a lot more than kyle has. Still I agree kyle will improve and can be used better.

Don't see the need to shit on one player to prop another. You said "when was the last time the beloved diaw" in reference to a rs game vs a shitty team, well, diaw was beloved because he came through in the playoffs, it would be easy for me to say the same type of "when was the last time kyle scored 26 on 70TS to close out the WCF"...

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2017, 12:20 PM
He's young, he can still improve. I agree he is a better defender / rebounder than diaw. But diaw was a better offensive player by a large distance IMO, and by age 24 he showed a lot more than kyle has. Still I agree kyle will improve and can be used better.

Don't see the need to shit on one player to prop another. You said "when was the last time the beloved diaw" in reference to a rs game vs a shitty team, well, diaw was beloved because he came through in the playoffs, it would be easy for me to say the same type of "when was the last time kyle scored 26 on 70TS to close out the WCF"...
You're talking to the king of subtle shots at other Spurs all to prop up his beloved Fathead :lol

Here he is doing it in a Patty thread. For no reason.

He did the same shit with Simmons. Always bringing his faggotry to every thread

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 12:22 PM

I am not shitting on Diaw tbh. I am saying he compares well as a playmaker forward who was very successful in the Spurs system. Diaw used to be my favorite in that run (and Kawhi) and I always believed Kyle could bring something similar. Not the same way exactly, but a similar dimension. It's a positive comment. It's ernest87 who made that a negative statement.

As for when was the last time? Really when was the last time? In 2014? He played two seasons after that and I don't remember stats like that... not even against eastern dweller teams. He was always a good playmaker and player, but let's not pretend that was an average Diaw game specially his last two seasons here.

Kyle scored 20 on the warriors in the WCF last season tbh, was probably among the only ones to show up to that closing game, together with Manu. Ppl discount that (but fluff Manu up in that game, double standard)

ernest787
11-21-2017, 12:26 PM
I'm guessing SAgirl doesn't understand english either, b/c the second you bring up Diaw and asking when the last time he did X, you are putting that player down.

But I don't expect anything else from a player fan who just started watching basketball 2 seasons ago.

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2017, 12:29 PM
Damn :lol :wow

diego
11-21-2017, 01:02 PM
I am not shitting on Diaw tbh. I am saying he compares well as a playmaker forward who was very successful in the Spurs system. Diaw used to be my favorite in that run (and Kawhi) and I always believed Kyle could bring something similar. Not the same way exactly, but a similar dimension. It's a positive comment. It's ernest87 who made that a negative statement.

As for when was the last time? Really when was the last time? In 2014? He played two seasons after that and I don't remember stats like that... not even against eastern dweller teams. He was always a good playmaker and player, but let's not pretend that was an average Diaw game specially his last two seasons here.

Kyle scored 20 on the warriors in the WCF last season tbh, was probably among the only ones to show up to that closing game, together with Manu. Ppl discount that (but fluff Manu up in that game, double standard)

You are taking kyle's career high assist game as if it were his average game.

Put kyle's average over the last 2 years vs boris at the same age or boris in his last two years here. They are probably similar, maybe a slight edge for one or the other, the only one with a "when was the last time" claim is boris who was important in a big playoff game

dabom
11-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Boris was winning playoff series. That's the diff rence.

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 01:12 PM
You are taking kyle's career high assist game as if it were his average game.

Put kyle's average over the last 2 years vs boris at the same age or boris in his last two years here. They are probably similar, maybe a slight edge for one or the other, the only one with a "when was the last time" claim is boris who was important in a big playoff game
Boris wasn't playing for Pop when he was 21-23 behind a league MVP and Lamarcus at both forward spots with others like Boris himself entrenched etc. Kyle on the contrary had time to work on his game in the background which is probably a blessing bc many roleplayers aren't ready to really help right away (and make a positive impact) but if given sufficient time and opportunities they can develop. Many teams part with roleplayers b4 they can reach that stage while many roleplayers just never reach that stage. So in a way it's a blessing for him that he was given time to develop but at the same time, he didn't have enough opportunities in spots for himself to be successful. I didn't bring up Boris in a negative fashion by the way so I have no purpose in that line of reasoning.

Mikeanaro
11-21-2017, 01:36 PM
Fathead has been balling lately, no need to deny it, tbh.
Forbes, Bertans, Gay, doing a good job too.

hater
11-21-2017, 01:38 PM
The fat hamburger that plays PG for us still sucks balls

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 01:45 PM
The fat hamburger that plays PG for us still sucks balls
:lmao
if there's one thing you don't ever disappoint with hater is humor.

diego
11-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Boris at age 23 transitioned from SG to pf, had great numbers on a wcf team that actually played at a slower pace than most teams today, filled in admirably for an all star forward...kyle is good, but the more you criticize boris the deeper you dig your hole.

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Boris at age 23 transitioned from SG to pf, had great numbers on a wcf team that actually played at a slower pace than most teams today, filled in admirably for an all star forward...kyle is good, but the more you criticize boris the deeper you dig your hole.
I stepped off the ladder a long time ago diego. I think he compares favorably not in the sense of him being better right now but what he can achieve. You think I am shitting on Boris while I am not. So there isn't much to talk about.

Blake
11-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Oh look a thread where SAGirl is jumping in front of bullets shot at kyle. Didn't see that coming

ernest787
11-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Oh look a thread where SAGirl is jumping in front of bullets shot at kyle. Didn't see that coming

#playerfan

raybies
11-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Didn't get a chance to read others comments but, the stability of his ball handling and his unpredictable outbursts of scoring coupled with Kyle's playmaking is what it comes down to. Murray made a lot of mistakes on defense and he turned the ball over at the worst times. You can trust Patty with the ball for the most part. And then when he rains em in, it takes it to another level. Also having Patty at point allows Kyle to be a featured playmaker since Patty is a spacer and Murray wasn't. Just better balance on the lineup. Kyle's play doesn't jump off the paper but like I've said before I feel he could have a Draymond type stat production. While Pau is here, he likely won't ever start but when Pau retires he could start the four. That's a while away but he definitely has 6th man potential(first guy off the bench not the award..) in the meantime.

BatManu20
11-21-2017, 02:30 PM
7-2 since I took over creating Game Threads* tbh :stirpot:

raybies
11-21-2017, 02:31 PM
............ wrong edit

raybies
11-21-2017, 02:32 PM
tbh

dabom
11-21-2017, 02:33 PM

:tu

dabom
11-21-2017, 02:34 PM

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 03:08 PM
you tha real MVP.
Keep it up btw: :tu
:flag:

rastaspur
11-21-2017, 03:47 PM
Kyle is no diaw. But kyle has been a key contributor this year and one of the main reasons why the team has stayed afloat without kawhi.

To argue otherwise makes you look foolish.

raybies
11-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Kyle is no diaw. But kyle has been a key contributor this year and one of the main reasons why the team has stayed afloat without kawhi.

yup, he's doing more than just spelling kawhi, he's being himself and doing what he knows what to do. He's been balling.

TheRemix
11-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Kyle has been bringing it. Making us eat crow. Hope he continues

Spurtacular
11-21-2017, 05:46 PM
The truth hurts.

I'm a bit optimistic about Fathead; but you're basically bragging about a guy who was given plenty of chances to put up 13/6/10 all along. And Diaw was never about the numbers; he was about always being reliable, doing all the unsung things, being a catalyst and a leader, and not looking like a deer in the head lights. Fathead needs to stop crouching all the time like an oversized Gollum and start looking the part.

Phenomanul
11-21-2017, 06:08 PM

This...

Kyle's had that level of talent for years. He just wasn't confident and aggressive enough (albeit he is still too gun shy to pull the trigger on open threes that the offense creates for him). He's playing a bit more loose now - that much is evident.

Slippy
11-21-2017, 06:31 PM
This...

Kyle's had that level of talent for years. He just wasn't confident and aggressive enough (albeit he is still too gun shy to pull the trigger on open threes that the offense creates for him). He's playing a bit more loose now - that much is evident.

Cosigned. Kyle is looking comfortable out there, playing at his pace. The playmaking keeps getting better. Spurs have to milk this part of his game since its an aspect they need to keep improving on.

The injuries have allowed him starter mins to develop. Pops gotta figure something out when tony & kawai comes back as in keeping those mins intact. Dont want to go backwards on that progress.

duncan2k5
11-21-2017, 06:40 PM

Ur making good points... Hopefully if we keep Kyle, he can bring it vs the big teams and in meaningful playoff games... Nice to see him more confident this year... Hopefully he doesn't regress

duncan2k5
11-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Didn't get a chance to read others comments but, the stability of his ball handling and his unpredictable outbursts of scoring coupled with Kyle's playmaking is what it comes down to. Murray made a lot of mistakes on defense and he turned the ball over at the worst times. You can trust Patty with the ball for the most part. And then when he rains em in, it takes it to another level. Also having Patty at point allows Kyle to be a featured playmaker since Patty is a spacer and Murray wasn't. Just better balance on the lineup. Kyle's play doesn't jump off the paper but like I've said before I feel he could have a Draymond type stat production. While Pau is here, he likely won't ever start but when Pau retires he could start the four. That's a while away but he definitely has 6th man potential(first guy off the bench not the award..) in the meantime.

I trust Murray MUCH more than I trust Patty, tbh... Patty hasn't been good against the good teams for several years now, and is getting by on his 2014 reputation... His defense is VERY poor and is too much of a liability, and it offsets his offense at times...

No one has had worse turnover moments than ginobili... Yet he is still a great player... Murray is 21...allow him to grow... Stop putting HOF expectations on him so soon... He has a much higher ceiling than Mills, and stunting his growth just so Mills can start is reckless... We KNOW we won't win with mills... We have a chance if Murray grows into himself by the playoffs... Look at how tayshaun prince grew I to himself and broke out in the playoffs during his rookie season... It can happen... Give the young guns a chance... Especially since we KNOW we won't win with the old ones

dabom
11-21-2017, 07:15 PM
I trust Murray MUCH more than I trust Patty, tbh... Patty hasn't been good against the good teams for several years now, and is getting by on his 2014 reputation... His defense is VERY poor and is too much of a liability, and it offsets his offense at times...

No one has had worse turnover moments than ginobili... Yet he is still a great player... Murray is 21...allow him to grow... Stop putting HOF expectations on him so soon... He has a much higher ceiling than Mills, and stunting his growth just so Mills can start is reckless... We KNOW we won't win with mills... We have a chance if Murray grows into himself by the playoffs... Look at how tayshaun prince grew I to himself and broke out in the playoffs during his rookie season... It can happen... Give the young guns a chance... Especially since we KNOW we won't win with the old ones

FkLA
11-22-2017, 11:49 PM
1-7, 2 points :lmao

God damn PATFO fucked up.

Ice009
11-22-2017, 11:59 PM
Told you all not to re-sign him at all. I said don't even fucking bring him back.

Edit : I said it before free agency started. I was really hoping some team would give him an offer too big for the Spurs to match. I had no idea the Spurs were going to be the idiots to give him that big offer. I doubt anyone would have wanted to match it. I have no idea who they were bidding against?

He's more suited to be on a bottom feeding team that is desperate for culture and he's also someone that's suited to being able to have a good game against others team's scrubs every once in a while.

PLUS, the OP is suited to be banned or at the very least pinked so he/she can't start anymore threads.

ducks
11-23-2017, 12:03 AM
Told you all not to re-sign him at all. I said don't even fucking bring him back.

He's more suited to be on a bottom feeding team that is desperate for culture and he's also someone that's suited to being able to have a good game against others team's scrubs every once in a while.

PLUS, the OP is suited to be banned or at the very least pinked so he/she can't start anymore threads.

cjw
11-23-2017, 12:56 AM
Are Manu’s bad habits rubbing off on Murray? I’d look to try to pair Murray more with Gasol and Anderson so he’s not out there with such a sloppy lineup.

Hoops Czar
11-23-2017, 01:02 AM
Are Manu’s bad habits rubbing off on Murray? I’d look to try to pair Murray more with Gasol and Anderson so he’s not out there with such a sloppy lineup.
Maybe Murray's bad habits are rubbing off on Manu.

99 Problems
11-23-2017, 01:29 AM
Wot I miss. Looks to me as if MVP paced himself today. Nothing to see here today as AD and the boys hand us our ass every season tbh.

SAGirl
11-23-2017, 01:35 AM
Wot I miss. Looks to me as if MVP paced himself today. Nothing to see here today as AD and the boys hand us our ass every season tbh.
1/7 50 mills

duncan2k5
11-23-2017, 04:14 AM

2 points :lol

duncan2k5
11-23-2017, 04:15 AM
Maybe Murray's bad habits are rubbing off on Manu.

Manu has been turning the ball over for decades

dabom
11-23-2017, 09:13 AM
2 points :lol

That wasn't a good team. :lol :lol

TheDoctor
11-23-2017, 09:44 AM
:lol Funny to read how a bunch of 50Mills stans try to damage control his game-to-game mediocrity.

dabom
11-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Like 8 people complained. So much damage control. Ya gonna be slurping that shit when Kawhi get's back and we winning. I'm gonna be talking, and ya gonna be hating. :lmao

TheDoctor
11-23-2017, 10:47 PM
Glad to know you can count :lol