PDA

View Full Version : Moviepass?

spurraider21
11-21-2017, 07:08 PM
anyone here use this service? Seems too good to be true. Apparently you pay $10 per month (promotion now has it going for 7) and you can see 1 movie per day at just about any theater (no 3d/enhanced seats)

Experiences with their service?

monosylab1k
11-21-2017, 07:53 PM
I almost signed up for it, but a big dealbreaker is you can’t order tickets online. You have to physically pay for a ticket at the box office with a debit card they mail you. Especially these days where most people order online and reserve seats well in advance, it just didn’t seem like I’d end up using moviepass enough, since I hate having to sit in a shitty part of the theater.

AaronY
11-21-2017, 08:46 PM
anyone here use this service? Seems too good to be true. Apparently you pay $10 per month (promotion now has it going for 7) and you can see 1 movie per day at just about any theater (no 3d/enhanced seats)

Experiences with their service?
wow that sounds awesome

spurraider21
11-21-2017, 09:38 PM
I almost signed up for it, but a big dealbreaker is you can’t order tickets online. You have to physically pay for a ticket at the box office with a debit card they mail you. Especially these days where most people order online and reserve seats well in advance, it just didn’t seem like I’d end up using moviepass enough, since I hate having to sit in a shitty part of the theater.
Buddy of mine just signed up. He said you order tickets through an app including seat selection. You just physically pick up your ticket (with reserved seat) at the box office last.

He just got his card and hasn't actually used it yet but that's what he's describing the process as

monosylab1k
11-21-2017, 09:58 PM
Buddy of mine just signed up. He said you order tickets through an app including seat selection. You just physically pick up your ticket (with reserved seat) at the box office last.

He just got his card and hasn't actually used it yet but that's what he's describing the process as

Hmmm it must have changed since I last checked it out. Definitely a crazy good deal if you can purchase and reserve seats in advance.

spurraider21
11-21-2017, 10:01 PM
Hmmm it must have changed since I last checked it out. Definitely a crazy good deal if you can purchase and reserve seats in advance.
I just wanted to see if anybody here used them and experienced any issues /bugs etc

Aztecfan03
11-21-2017, 11:46 PM
most theaters don't have reserved seats.

monosylab1k
11-21-2017, 11:54 PM
most theaters don't have reserved seats.

70-80% of theaters in DFW have reserved seating now.

ColinB
11-21-2017, 11:57 PM
I use it. No issues.

None of the theaters in San Antonio allow you to buy tickets on the app. You do physically have to be at the theater as mono stated.

Aztecfan03
11-22-2017, 12:04 AM
70-80% of theaters in DFW have reserved seating now.

There are any 2 within 10 miles of me that do and 4or 5 that dont. And the 2 that do aren't inluded in the moviepass network.

monosylab1k
11-22-2017, 12:09 AM
There are any 2 within 10 miles of me that do and 4or 5 that dont. And the 2 that do aren't inluded in the moviepass network.

Good for you. In a 25 mile radius of me, 20 theaters had it versus 7 that didn’t, before I got bored counting.

SpursforSix
11-22-2017, 12:27 AM
Who gives a fuck. $10 and you can see all the movies you want. I don't care if I have to physically pick up the ticket. I've got to go to the theater to see the movie anyway. And I don't care much about the reserved seating. I don't mind waiting until the movie has been out a few weeks and there are plenty of good seats.

monosylab1k
11-22-2017, 12:32 AM
Who gives a fuck. $10 and you can see all the movies you want. I don't care if I have to physically pick up the ticket. I've got to go to the theater to see the movie anyway. And I don't care much about the reserved seating. I don't mind waiting until the movie has been out a few weeks and there are plenty of good seats.

Okay cool :tu

SpursforSix
11-22-2017, 12:35 AM
Okay cool :tu

Ya'll nigs bitching about some bullshit

monosylab1k
11-22-2017, 12:40 AM
:lmao what the fuck is the point of seeing a movie weeks after it came out, in an empty theater? At that point, just wait a little longer, go to a redbox, and watch it at home.

SpursforSix
11-22-2017, 12:53 AM
:lmao what the fuck is the point of seeing a movie weeks after it came out, in an empty theater? At that point, just wait a little longer, go to a redbox, and watch it at home.

Uh...because it's better watching some movies on the big screen. So after how many days after a movie is released is it too late to watch at the theater? You're a retard.

DAF86
11-22-2017, 01:11 AM

Empty theater >>>>>>>>> x infinity >>>>>>>>>>>>> full theater

Who the fuck goes to the cinema to enjoy the "atmosphere"? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a big cinema guy; I just go there when I have a date or when I just can't wait to see a movie, but when I go I prefer it to be as empty as possible.

monosylab1k
11-22-2017, 01:16 AM
Uh...because it's better watching some movies on the big screen.

Then don’t be a cheapshit and just buy a nice expensive ticket for those movies, and enjoy the full experience of a movie theater. And if you’re gonna bitch about people being loud in the theater, then you’re going to the wrong theaters.

monosylab1k
11-22-2017, 01:21 AM

Who the fuck goes to the cinema to enjoy the "atmosphere"? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a big cinema guy; I just go there when I have a date or when I just can't wait to see a movie, but when I go I prefer it to be as empty as possible.

Well I’m sure the moviegoing experience in your 3rd world shithole probably does suck ass. I wouldn’t want to sit in a crowded theater full of goatherders either. You get a pass on this one.

DAF86
11-22-2017, 01:23 AM
At least we don't get shot on theaters down here, tbh.

DJR210
11-22-2017, 01:44 AM
Make sure the theater you like is participating.. I think the service sounds awesome, but I'd have to go to some other theaters that I don't like as much

DJR210
11-22-2017, 01:45 AM

Nobody can afford a gun/ammo there

Blake
11-22-2017, 09:11 AM
This sounds great but I heard the justice League movie sucked

ColinB
11-22-2017, 10:11 AM
Make sure the theater you like is participating.. I think the service sounds awesome, but I'd have to go to some other theaters that I don't like as much

Where do you go? The only theater that I would sometimes go to that doesn't take it is the Palladium. Drafthouse accepts it which is sweet.

Edit: assuming you're in SA...

SpursforSix
11-22-2017, 10:46 AM
Then don’t be a cheapshit and just buy a nice expensive ticket for those movies, and enjoy the full experience of a movie theater. And if you’re gonna bitch about people being loud in the theater, then you’re going to the wrong theaters.

I hate going to the movie when it's crowded. I want open seats next to me, in front of me, and behind me. Buying a "nice expensive ticket" isn't going to get those things for me. Going a couple of weeks after the opening...that has a better shot at working. Shit, I'd pay double the ticket price if I was guaranteed those things.

And I don't care what fancy theater you go to, it's not going to keep someone behind you from waiting until the movie starts to fight with their bag of candy. Or someone deciding to walk down the row when the movie is going. Or some teen checking their phone messages every few seconds.

Just give me an 80% empty theater. I don't care if I had to wait a couple of weeks to see the movie.

DJR210
11-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Where do you go? The only theater that I would sometimes go to that doesn't take it is the Palladium. Drafthouse accepts it which is sweet.

Edit: assuming you're in SA...

Palladium is the only theatre I go to.. Other than the Silverado 16 all the other theaters in town are polluted with south side mexican trash complete with face and neck tats, and tatted on hairlines who travel across town to mingle with people above their class.. I didn't even park at the Casablanca and already witnessed two knuckleheads about to box in the parking lot :lol

Blake
11-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Embassy is nice.

benefactor
11-22-2017, 04:36 PM
I'll check this out for sure.

Chucho
11-22-2017, 05:10 PM
I hate going to the movie when it's crowded. I want open seats next to me, in front of me, and behind me. Buying a "nice expensive ticket" isn't going to get those things for me. Going a couple of weeks after the opening...that has a better shot at working. Shit, I'd pay double the ticket price if I was guaranteed those things.

And I don't care what fancy theater you go to, it's not going to keep someone behind you from waiting until the movie starts to fight with their bag of candy. Or someone deciding to walk down the row when the movie is going. Or some teen checking their phone messages every few seconds.

Just give me an 80% empty theater. I don't care if I had to wait a couple of weeks to see the movie.

Theatres lower ticket prices after a few weeks? Aside from matinee hours, I can't think of a theatre that lowers the price over a few weeks or at all.

LOL, trying to big time on movie ticket prices.:lmao

Pavlov
11-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Theatres lower ticket prices after a few weeks? Aside from matinee hours, I can't think of a theatre that lowers the price over a few weeks or at all. Tuesday discounts at Cinemark up here are great, especially with their new recliners.

Moviepass seems almost too good to be true. I don't understand how the money works out between the theaters, studios and the Moviepass people themselves where everyone would be happy.

dabom
11-22-2017, 06:15 PM

Empty theater is the best. Fuck having to share the arm rest with another fuck. :lol srs.

leemajors
11-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Tuesday discounts at Cinemark up here are great, especially with their new recliners.

Moviepass seems almost too good to be true. I don't understand how the money works out between the theaters, studios and the Moviepass people themselves where everyone would be happy.

Theaters make their money on concessions

spurraider21
11-22-2017, 08:37 PM
The theater gets paid full price. Moviepass eats the cost. Their plan is to have people use it like gym passed. Pay for it but hardly use it. Also sell to people in poor areas where movies still cost less than 10.

Also potentially selling off analytics, linking to social media, etc.

SpursforSix
11-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Theatres lower ticket prices after a few weeks? Aside from matinee hours, I can't think of a theatre that lowers the price over a few weeks or at all.

LOL, trying to big time on movie ticket prices.:lmao

I don't know what the fuck he was talking about.

Chucho
11-22-2017, 08:49 PM
I don't know what the fuck he was talking about.

He rarely does either.

monosylab1k
11-22-2017, 09:00 PM
:lmao going to shitty, empty movie theaters so you can jerk off in public.

DAF86
11-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Getting the "full theater experience" :lol

Mono must be one of those douches that needs to watch sports events and movies with a lot of people around while commenting over it and paying more attention to the reaction of people around than to what's happening on the screen. :lol

AaronY
11-22-2017, 09:18 PM

Some movies are cool to watch in a crowd. Like Star Wars opening week and Get Out was fun to see audience reactions to some of the racial and social commentary but yeah most times I don't care

Chucho
11-22-2017, 09:31 PM

Mono must be one of those douches that needs to watch sports events and movies with a lot of people around while commenting over it and paying more attention to the reaction of people around than to what's happening on the screen. :lol

:rollin

Pavlov
11-22-2017, 11:18 PM
Theaters make their money on concessionsRight, that's why I don't get how the studios are cool with it. Will likely pick up a pass. Would pay for itself pretty quickly.

monosylab1k
11-23-2017, 12:13 PM

:lmao socially awkward faggots, so disgusted by the idea of someone sitting near them and silently enjoying a movie, choose to sit in dark rooms alone by themselves all the time.

Spurtacular
11-23-2017, 01:53 PM

Since when do movie theaters have assigned seating?

Pavlov
11-23-2017, 01:54 PM
:lol

DAF86
11-23-2017, 02:39 PM
:lmao socially awkward faggots, so disgusted by the idea of someone sitting near them and silently enjoying a movie, choose to sit in dark rooms alone by themselves all the time.

"Socially awkward".:lol I get together with friends three times per week and go clubbing almost every fucking friday and saturday. Trust me, "social awkwardness" isn't the reason I prefer empty theaters, tbh.

I'm just a guy that actually likes to pay full attention to movies and don't want to have douches like you next to me laughing, talking, making noises and interfering with my enjoyment of a movie, tbh.

Chucho
11-23-2017, 04:39 PM
"Socially awkward".:lol I get together with friends three times per week and go clubbing almost every fucking friday and saturday. Trust me, "social awkwardness" isn't the reason I prefer empty theaters, tbh.

I'm just a guy that actually likes to pay full attention to movies and don't want to have douches like you next to me laughing, talking, making noises and interfering with my enjoyment of a movie, tbh.

Blake
11-23-2017, 05:06 PM

:lmao

Spurtacular
11-23-2017, 11:50 PM

If you don't know who the socially awkward faggot in the room is, it's probably you. Just accept that people don't want to sit next to faggots like you, dude. :lmao

monosylab1k
11-24-2017, 09:24 AM
I get together with friends three times per week and go clubbing almost every fucking friday and saturday.

monosylab1k
11-24-2017, 09:25 AM

:lmao move to a less shitty area, Dunning-Kruger.

monosylab1k
11-24-2017, 09:36 AM
I get together with friends three times per week and go clubbing almost every fucking friday and saturday.

:lmao this is just incredible. “I aint socially awkward, I get drunk with my douche-bros 3 times a week!”

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/The-Situation-Fist-Pumping-At-a-Club-In-The-Jersey-Shore.gif

monosylab1k
11-24-2017, 09:52 AM

“I don’t mind hordes of sweaty bros bumping into me at a club. But a random person sitting near me in a crowded movie theater? YUCK”

DAF86
11-24-2017, 12:36 PM

“I don’t mind hordes of sweaty bros bumping into me at a club. But a random person sitting near me in a crowded movie theater? YUCK”

I do mind sweaty dudes bumping into me at clubs, but that's the price you have to pay for going out, having a few drinks, metting girls and having fun, tbh. Besides a club is suppossed to be crowded and loud.

On the other hand, when I'm watching a movie I prefer it to be as quiet as possible. That's why if I go to the theater (which I rarely do), I prefer it to be empty.

spurraider21
11-24-2017, 02:20 PM
:lol DAF the new Technique

Brazil
11-24-2017, 02:55 PM

:lol underrated post right there

Brazil
11-24-2017, 02:57 PM
:lol DAF the new Technique (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15971)

do you think he wears white pants to go clubbing with his buddies tbh ? :lol

11-24-2017, 03:02 PM
:lol underrated post right there

:lol I like the new avatar tbh scrah..

Brazil
11-24-2017, 03:17 PM
:lol I like the new avatar tbh scrah..

:tu

DAF86
11-24-2017, 06:00 PM
:lol DAF the new Technique

So actually enjoying life and going to clubs = being a white pants wearing douche that brags about hanging out with NBA players and says retarded shit like "I'm the guy that fucks your girlfriend while you areIdon'tknowwhatbullshitmore"?

I know most folks here aren't likely to go to clubs much (or even go outside their houses at all), but there's a huge difference between going to clubs and being a fucking jersey shore/technique type of douchebag, tbh. In fact, those types of folks are more likley to enjoy the experience of full theaters alongside monosylab1k, tbh.:lol

monosylab1k
11-24-2017, 06:27 PM
https://m.popkey.co/63c015/De5or.gif

monosylab1k
11-24-2017, 06:31 PM
So actually enjoying life and going to clubs = being a white pants wearing douche that brags about hanging out with NBA players and says retarded shit like "I'm the guy that fucks your girlfriend while you areIdon'tknowwhatbullshitmore"?

I know most folks here aren't likely to go to clubs much (or even go outside their houses at all), but there's a huge difference between going to clubs and being a fucking jersey shore/technique type of douchebag, tbh. In fact, those types of folks are more likley to enjoy the experience of full theaters alongside monosylab1k, tbh.:lol

“I know everyone else that posts here is a fucking nerd with no life, but not me! I also know everyone that goes clubbing on the weekends is a douche bro, but not me!”

Spurtacular
11-24-2017, 07:48 PM
:lmao move to a less shitty area, Dunning-Kruger.

This ain't political, faggot; nobody wants your baggage in the club. I asked a reasonable question.

Pavlov
11-24-2017, 11:10 PM
This ain't political, faggot; nobody wants your baggage in the club. I asked a reasonable question.It's a reasonable assumption. Where do you live that doesn't have reserved seating?

Spurtacular
11-25-2017, 03:58 AM
It's a reasonable assumption. Where do you live that doesn't have reserved seating?

Run-of-the-mill movie theaters: Never been to one with assigned seats (not "reserved"). I went to a fancy theater in Hollywood once that had them.

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 04:48 AM
Run-of-the-mill movie theaters: Never been to one with assigned seats (not "reserved"). I went to a fancy theater in Hollywood once that had them.Since we are talking about reserving seats, I don't know why you are trying to make a distinction for assigned seats.

Spurtacular
11-25-2017, 05:21 AM
Since we are talking about reserving seats, I don't know why you are trying to make a distinction for assigned seats.

Asked someone else (not you) to clarify what was meant by seat selection.

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 05:43 AM
Asked someone else (not you) to clarify what was meant by seat selection.Since he used the term "reserved" and you immediately said "assigned" I can see you really have some problems there.

You have seriously never seen any theater that has reserved seating?

I'm asking you (not someone else).

Spurtacular
11-25-2017, 05:44 AM
Since he used the term "reserved" and you immediately said "assigned" I can see you really have some problems there.

You have seriously never seen any theater that has reserved seating?

He used the term "seat selection," which is synonymous with assigned seating. Get over yourself.

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 05:48 AM
He used the term "seat selection," which is synonymous with assigned seating. Get over yourself.:lol he used the term "reserved seat," which is synonymous with reserved seating.

He just got his card and hasn't actually used it yet but that's what he's describing the process asYou have seriously never seen any theater that has reserved seating?

Spurtacular
11-25-2017, 05:54 AM
Get over yourself.

benefactor
11-25-2017, 10:07 AM
Never been to one with assigned seats (not "reserved").
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/02/incredulous.gif

DMC
11-25-2017, 12:00 PM
Theaters are overrated. If you spend 120.00 a year watching movies at a theater, you'd break even on the deal.

Having been a projectionist for a while when I was young, I don't care too much for theaters these days.

I do like Alamo Draft House though.

DMC
11-25-2017, 12:04 PM
:lol he used the term "reserved seat," which is synonymous with reserved seating.You have seriously never seen any theater that has reserved seating?

A few here find anything to disagree on. You're all locked in a room with no new faces for years, and you act like you don't know each other.

benefactor
11-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Theaters are overrated. If you spend 120.00 a year watching movies at a theater, you'd break even on the deal.

Having been a projectionist for a while when I was young, I don't care too much for theaters these days.

I haven't been to a traditional theater since they built the Studio Movie Grill here a few years ago. Comfy chairs and a table for each seat and the food is decent...though I don't really eat a meal there. I'll usually do a snack and a beer.

sickdsm
11-25-2017, 12:42 PM
Fuck Theatres. Overpriced shit popcorn. Ass stains on the seats and snot on the armrests. Idiots acting like "but those reclining seats!", like y'all living with ikea plastic lawn chairs and never owned a lazyboy. Sound always too loud and bassy, freezing temps in there too.

Theatres are only for lonely, socially retarded people, little kids, and awkward first dates.

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 12:53 PM
:lol strong opinions

DPG21920
11-25-2017, 01:14 PM
I love Movie Pass. Was an early adopter of this before they were bought/sold and have it again. I go to the movies at least once a week (I can walk to an Alamo Drafthouse) so it’s a no-brainer for me.

App works great and even though it has it’s flaws (can’t reserve seats online) it’s still a tremendous deal and I will ride the wave for as long as I can before prices are inevitably raised.

sickdsm
11-25-2017, 02:45 PM
:lol strong opinions
Explain how reclining seats are a luxury?

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Explain how reclining seats are a luxury?Easy, compared to regular crappy theater seats they're luxurious.

I get that you prefer watching movies at home, but that kind of reaction to people who like seeing them in the theater is just funny.

monosylab1k
11-25-2017, 03:11 PM
Overpriced shit popcorn.

Only high quality, premium popcorn for you!

sickdsm
11-25-2017, 03:42 PM
Easy, compared to regular crappy theater seats they're luxurious.

I get that you prefer watching movies at home, but that kind of reaction to people who like seeing them in the theater is just funny.
That's like bragging about free air. Out should be an expectation.

We have reclining seats. And bathrooms. Now you can also add butter to your popcorn!

sickdsm
11-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Only high quality, premium popcorn for you!
Whatever microwavable popcorn we buy is better than any theatre popcorn I've ever had. We don't buy the cheapest however.

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 03:54 PM
That's like bragging about free air. Out should be an expectation.

We have reclining seats. And bathrooms. Now you can also add butter to your popcorn!Uh. Okay.

Spurminator
11-25-2017, 04:03 PM
I can't imagine paying $7 for a bucket of popcorn when you can get a good pizza at ADH for $10.

Still, not sure I see enough movies in the theater to make MP worth it.

UZER
11-25-2017, 04:10 PM

If I go to the movies, which is rare, I only go to the Alamo Drafthouse, and I go the when its half empty. Don't like packed theaters.

Blake
11-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Fuck Theatres. Overpriced shit popcorn. Ass stains on the seats and snot on the armrests.

Ass stains?

Blake
11-25-2017, 04:44 PM
Fuck Theatres. Overpriced shit popcorn. Ass stains on the seats and snot on the armrests. Idiots acting like "but those reclining seats!", like y'all living with ikea plastic lawn chairs and never owned a lazyboy. Sound always too loud and bassy, freezing temps in there too.

Theatres are only for lonely, socially retarded people, little kids, and awkward first dates.

Seems to me you'd rather stay at home and watch TV for any and all events such as sports, concerts, etc

But everyone else is lonely.

IronMexican
11-25-2017, 06:24 PM
:lmao going to shitty, empty movie theaters so you can jerk off in public.

Sex in a movie theater is a must before you die tbh

Bonus points if there theater isn't completely empty

sickdsm
11-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Seems to me you'd rather stay at home and watch TV for any and all events such as sports, concerts, etc

I watch more movies than most people.

The last ten years of quality tv shows and made for streaming movies have made movie theatres more irrelevant. Not to mention my reliance on Kodi. I don't even subscribe to any sort of cable or dish and I'm not missing out.

Again I ask you, what is the "experience"one gets in a theatre that's so much better than home? Granted I don't end up with the sticky shoes but that's because mine are off at home.

Tbh I've saw hd versions of movies prior to release in the theatres. Why WOULDN'T you prefer that?

Pavlov
11-25-2017, 09:26 PM

The last ten years of quality tv shows and made for streaming movies have made movie theatres more irrelevant. Not to mention my reliance on Kodi. I don't even subscribe to any sort of cable or dish and I'm not missing out.

Again I ask you, what is the "experience"one gets in a theatre that's so much better than home? Granted I don't end up with the sticky shoes but that's because mine are off at home.

Tbh I've saw hd versions of movies prior to release in the theatres. Why WOULDN'T you prefer that?Maybe he doesn't want to be a thief.

DMC
11-25-2017, 11:36 PM

Long Kiss Goodnight

Just saying

DMC
11-25-2017, 11:37 PM

If you go to a theater to socialize, you're doing it wrong. It's 2+ hours of staring at a screen then leaving. Horrible date idea, unless you don't want to talk to her.

Blake
11-26-2017, 12:52 AM
If you go to a theater to socialize, you're doing it wrong. It's 2+ hours of staring at a screen then leaving. Horrible date idea, unless you don't want to talk to her.

While at home, you can discuss the movie with your cats, amirite

DMC
11-26-2017, 01:03 AM
While at home, you can discuss the movie with your cats, amirite

So you discuss the movie while watching it?

You must be loads of fun to watch a movie with..

I don't own any pets.

chunticakes
11-26-2017, 01:43 AM

+1

You haven't lived until you've had a girl ride your dick in a movie theater. It's even more exciting when there's people a few rows down, tbh..

chunticakes
11-26-2017, 01:48 AM

Tbh I've saw hd versions of movies prior to release in the theatres. Why WOULDN'T you prefer that?

Some movies your iPhone screen just doesn't do justice. I mean you have to watch something like Star Wars or Dunkirk at an IMAX to fully appreciate it, imo.

sickdsm
11-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Some movies your iPhone screen just doesn't do justice. I mean you have to watch something like Star Wars or Dunkirk at an IMAX to fully appreciate it, imo.

55 inches 8-12 feet away and you jump to an iPhone screen comment? What are we, 19 years old watching tv on a phone? C'mon now

sickdsm
11-26-2017, 10:31 AM

IMAX provides something most theatres don't. We are not talking about imax screens. But to humor you, you go somewhere other than a regular theatre to watch the really cool movies because those aren't much different than watching at home.

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 01:37 PM
So i was able to get a deal through Coscto where I got the 7/mo package for a full year.

Card was shipped to me within about 10 days, so wait time was not that bad. It works like a charm, haven't had any issues yet. Got/activated my card on December 16. As of last night, have been to 4 movies using the card, which would have cost me north of $50 regularly.

Works at all my local theaters. Would recommend to anybody tbh.

As stated on pg 1, main restrictions are that it doesn't work for 3D/IMAX showings, and they don't do business with select luxury theaters, which isn't really a big thing in my area anyway. Only 1 theater near me I know of where it doesn't work, and that's an Arc-Light which hardly qualifies as luxury anymore. Overpriced tickets for no added value. ArcLight used to charge more because they were the first major chain that did reserved seating... but that's no longer a unique gimmick, so I don't understand what basis they have to continue overcharging. But that's another topic.

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 04:15 PM
So i was able to get a deal through Coscto where I got the 7/mo package for a full year.

Card was shipped to me within about 10 days, so wait time was not that bad. It works like a charm, haven't had any issues yet. Got/activated my card on December 16. As of last night, have been to 4 movies using the card, which would have cost me north of $50 regularly.

As stated on pg 1, main restrictions are that it doesn't work for 3D/IMAX showings, and they don't do business with select luxury theaters, which isn't really a big thing in my area anyway. Only 1 theater near me I know of where it doesn't work, and that's an Arc-Light which hardly qualifies as luxury anymore. Overpriced tickets for no added value. ArcLight used to charge more because they were the first major chain that did reserved seating... but that's no longer a unique gimmick, so I don't understand what basis they have to continue overcharging. But that's another topic.

Nice. Did you have to physically go to Costco? Or was it online?

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 04:16 PM
Nice. Did you have to physically go to Costco? Or was it online?

NM...I just found it online. Thanks for the mention.

It seems like it also includes a one year subscription to Fandor. Never really heard about it until today but looks allright.

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 04:17 PM

Can anyone use the ticket? Meaning if I purchased the Movie Pass, is there anything that would prohibit my kid from using it as well?

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 04:25 PM
Can anyone use the ticket? Meaning if I purchased the Movie Pass, is there anything that would prohibit my kid from using it as well?
well you have to "check in" to the theater through the app on your phone to authorize the purchase... tho i dont know that you can't have him login to your account on his phone. i haven't tried doing that.

it would definitely be a violation of their terms of service to share an account, tho honestly i have no clue how they'd track it (maybe its a red flag if 2 different devices have logged into the same account).

on an aside, moviepass claims that as of now, they're buying 1 out of every 35 movie tickets in the US due to growing user base. if they get that number higher, they'd be in a solid position to bargain with theaters for some kind of per-ticket commission

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 04:29 PM
i think moviepass is right up there as the biggest "you cant afford not to buy it" product on the market.

also the robinhood trading app (which is free btw). commission-free stock trading

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 04:31 PM
well you have to "check in" to the theater through the app on your phone to authorize the purchase... tho i dont know that you can't have him login to your account on his phone. i haven't tried doing that.

it would definitely be a violation of their terms of service to share an account, tho honestly i have no clue how they'd track it (maybe its a red flag if 2 different devices have logged into the same account).

on an aside, moviepass claims that as of now, they're buying 1 out of every 35 movie tickets in the US due to growing user base. if they get that number higher, they'd be in a solid position to bargain with theaters for some kind of per-ticket commission

Ah...that makes sense about how they check. Was thinking that you could log in and print out your tickets. But it still sounds like you could screen shoot the scan bar and have someone else use it. Unless they check ids as well.

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Ah...that makes sense about how they check. Was thinking that you could log in and print out your tickets. But it still sounds like you could screen shoot the scan bar and have someone else use it. Unless they check ids as well.
you have to buy your tickets on-site at the theater after checking in (there's a 30 minute window from when you check in to go buy the tix). you dont print it from home.

and there's no scan bar. once you check in, they authorize the purchase and you just go up to the box office (i always just use the automated kiosk) and purchase an adult ticket for that showing using the moviepass debit card

when you check in to a theater/showing, they get the information for how much 1 adult ticket for that showing would cost, and they wire exactly that amount to your moviepass card, which you use to make the purchase.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 04:39 PM
It’s awesome. One of my favorite things I buy. I go to the movies a ton and both the wife and I have one.

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 04:41 PM
you have to buy your tickets on-site at the theater after checking in (there's a 30 minute window from when you check in to go buy the tix). you dont print it from home.

and there's no scan bar. once you check in, they authorize the purchase and you just go up to the box office (i always just use the automated kiosk) and purchase an adult ticket for that showing using the moviepass debit card

Those fuckers.

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 04:42 PM
It’s awesome. One of my favorite things I buy. I go to the movies a ton and both the wife and I have one.

Did you buy them separately? At the Costco webpage, I can add them all to the same cart. But don't want them all tied to the same phone in case they go without me.
Or once you buy them, then you register them to whatever phone you want?

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 04:46 PM
Did you buy them separately? At the Costco webpage, I can add them all to the same cart. But don't want them all tied to the same phone in case they go without me.

Exactly. Bought them separately since there is no “family pass” option. So when I get my card I downloaded the app and it registered that card to my profile through the app on my phone. Wife did the same thing.

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 04:46 PM
i bought 2 at the same time from costco. they'll just send you 2 voucher codes so you can buy 2 separate accounts (took like 20-30 minutes for me iirc). there's no harm in placing both in your cart

you'd redeem them here, individually https://www.moviepass.com/coupons/redemption

and dont worry about the billing info, they wont actually bill you since you've already purchased a full year from costco. they just keep the information on hold for when your shit eventually expires

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Exactly. Bought them separately since there is no “family pass” option. So when I get my card I downloaded the app and it registered that card to my profile through the app on my phone. Wife did the same thing.

i bought 2 at the same time from costco. they'll just send you 2 voucher codes so you can buy 2 separate accounts (took like 20-30 minutes for me iirc). there's no harm in placing both in your cart

you'd redeem them here, individually https://www.moviepass.com/coupons/redemption

:tu

This way, I'll be able to increase the frequency of my movie reviews.

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 04:53 PM
the main drawback with moviepass is that you'll probably have a tough time catching a very hyped/anticipated blockbuster on the opening friday/saturday. best way to try to get that done would be to go to the theater early morning and buy your ticket then. i bought my star wars tickets at like 12:30am on friday night/sat morning for a sat evening showing.

but yeah, when black panther comes out, i probably will just wait a week and catch it on the second weekend

but with the amount of money i'm saving, im willing to make all sorts of concessions tbh. we've seen a combined 7 movies in the last 35-40 days... which would cost something like $90 ordinarily... for a combined ~18 or so

SpursforSix
01-22-2018, 05:21 PM
the main drawback with moviepass is that you'll probably have a tough time catching a very hyped/anticipated blockbuster on the opening friday/saturday. best way to try to get that done would be to go to the theater early morning and buy your ticket then. i bought my star wars tickets at like 12:30am on friday night/sat morning for a sat evening showing.

but yeah, when black panther comes out, i probably will just wait a week and catch it on the second weekend

but with the amount of money i'm saving, im willing to make all sorts of concessions tbh. we've seen a combined 7 movies in the last 35-40 days... which would cost something like $90 ordinarily... for a combined ~18 or so

Yeah...it's a heck of a deal. And I'm never worried about seeing them when they first open anyway. I hate the crowds. And I usually go during a weeknight.
I can see me catching a lot of the less publicized movies that I wouldn't normally see until they came out on DVD by which point...I usually forget that I wanted to see them.

spurraider21
01-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Yeah...it's a heck of a deal. And I'm never worried about seeing them when they first open anyway. I hate the crowds. And I usually go during a weeknight.
I can see me catching a lot of the less publicized movies that I wouldn't normally see until they came out on DVD by which point...I usually forget that I wanted to see them.
this x10

a couple weeks ago my wife had some of her friends over to look at wedding photos... i decided to go catch Jumanji. i would never have thought to spend money at a theater on a thursday evening just to kill a couple hours, but having moviepass made it a viable option. turned out to like jumanji enough to recommend my wife go see it, and we went together last night and i saw it my second time.

DPG21920
01-22-2018, 05:55 PM
What is great is that they used to have a rule that you could only see a movie once. So it was the one movie a day rule (no IMAX or 3D) and can’t see a movie more than once.

Now if you love Star Wars you can see it as many times as you want as long as it’s once a day.

I know they are working on a 3D/IMAX offering, so I would imagine that comes out at some point. I also know they are working on e-ticketing whic will be massive.

leemajors
01-26-2018, 12:59 PM
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/25/16934344/moviepass-amc-theaters-support-tickets

spurraider21
01-26-2018, 01:35 PM
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/25/16934344/moviepass-amc-theaters-support-tickets
a) glad this doesn't affect me, i've never even been to the universal location

b) this is supposed to be some kind of power-play by moviepass, since AMC has repeatedly said they have zero intention to collaborate or share profits with MP. MP wants to stick it to AMC to show that they can hurt them by pulling them off their service

c) imo this was premature by moviepass. their subscriber count is still growing pretty rapidly, and they could have waited until they accounted for a more significant percentage of AMC's business before trying to pull a stunt like this. as of now, all they're doing is scaring off potential new subscribers who are reading this news and thinking "once i sign up for moviepass they're going to cut out my local theater"

sickdsm
01-26-2018, 08:13 PM
this x10

a couple weeks ago my wife had some of her friends over to look at wedding photos... i decided to go catch Jumanji. i would never have thought to spend money at a theater on a thursday evening just to kill a couple hours, but having moviepass made it a viable option. turned out to like jumanji enough to recommend my wife go see it, and we went together last night and i saw it my second time.

Critics were WAY off on that one. A friend highly recommended it. Kids (and parents) loved it.

spurraider21
07-05-2018, 05:12 PM
including tickets i already purchased for a showing of ant-man tonight, i've gotten 16 tickets since i activated my account about 6.5 months ago. i paid $90 for a full year during their promo period in december. average ticket prices here are about $13. so i've gotten ~$200-$210 worth of tickets on a $90 investment and still have another 5.5 months or so to go. i still think these guys are gonna go under but its been a worthwhile investment from the consumer end.

AMC has rolled out its own subscription service which looks good, too. but that one costs about 20/mo... and the closest AMC theater to me is about 9 miles away. not a crazy deterrent, but i live 2.2 and 3.5 miles from the 2 closest Pacific Theaters

Chucho
07-05-2018, 09:06 PM
I just glanced past an article yesterday that they are running out of money and need to raise a billion dollars.

And I HATE AMC theatres. They're just the worst and if the specific theater wasnt built recently, they're generally filthy. AMC is the old dirty Chinese restaurant of movie theatres.

spurraider21
07-06-2018, 03:43 AM
I just glanced past an article yesterday that they are running out of money and need to raise a billion dollars.

And I HATE AMC theatres. They're just the worst and if the specific theater wasnt built recently, they're generally filthy. AMC is the old dirty Chinese restaurant of movie theatres.
Yeah like i said, i think they eventually go belly up.

I dont mind amc at all. They’re just not the closest to me. But they typically have more auditoriums per theater than the other chains.

spurraider21
07-06-2018, 06:30 PM
the AMC subscription is a lot more sound fiscally and imo more likely to succeed than moviepass, unfortunately

with moviepass, they lose money every single time a person goes to a movie, since they reimburse the theater with the full admission price.

AMC doesn't lose money per ticket since they were going to screen the shows anyway. they just lose a potential ticket sale (and that user is already spending $20 for the month), but they likely make up for it with concessions anyway

as a consumer though, spending $20/mo puts me in a spot where i feel like i NEED to see 2 movies per month otherwise im throwing away money. now, i've been on that pace with moviepass, but on my plan i feel like i got my moneys worth months ago so im not pressured to go see movies just for the sake of using my subscription. Now, if AMC offered a year-long bundle for a discount, like $200 for the year (rather than 240 for the 12 months) i'd be more open to that.

Pavlov
07-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Just an aside, if you're an ATT wireless customer you can get two for one tickets on Tuesdays for pretty much any regular 2D movie. Comes in handy for Fathom Events which moviepass doesn't yet cover to my knowledge. Also works with existing discounts-- e.g., Tuesday Cinemark tickets end up being $3.50 each after all the fees. You also get credit for the full purchase price for rewards programs like the one Regal has.

Trainwreck2100
07-30-2018, 06:59 AM
Moviepass ran out of money this weekend and had to get a loan to cover, shit's gonna die, so bail now.

SpursforSix
07-30-2018, 10:15 AM
Not good when their press release starts to play the "but Netflix..." excuse.

As we continue to evolve the service, certain movies may not always be available in every theater on our platform. This is no different than other in-home streaming options that often don’t carry the latest shows or movies that may be available on other services. For example, you can’t ever find Game of Thrones on Netflix, nor is Season 4 of Schitt’s Creek available there yet. Here at MoviePass, we have strived to make every movie in theaters available to you as part of your subscription, and Peak Pricing has allowed – and will continue to allow – us to do so.

spurraider21
07-30-2018, 12:29 PM
yeah... i'm pretty skeptical they'll be in business for the duration of my annual subscription (through mid-december). still, i've already gotten more than my money's worth, since i got the entire year for $90 (they had a $7/mo promo in december) and have already seen 17 movies (at average ticket price of, say, $13, that would have cost me over $200). even if they went under today i still come ahead pretty well.

apparently they blacked out Mission Impossible this weekend at all theaters except those with an e-ticket arrangement. closest one to me was about 15 miles away, so i just ended up doing that.

on a different note, their business model basically seemed to be

1. grow userbase
2. ????
3. profit

turns out step 2 is kinda important. still, i think they did their job in revolutionizing the industry. subscription plans are becoming more popular... AMC has their own version now. i think Sinemia may have been around before moviepass, but they really popularized it. i'll look into sinemia when my annual pass ends/when moviepass goes under

LaMarcus Bryant
07-30-2018, 02:48 PM
LOL trainwreck

spurraider21
07-30-2018, 04:17 PM
holy shit i think it died lol

baseline bum
07-30-2018, 04:23 PM
yeah... i'm pretty skeptical they'll be in business for the duration of my annual subscription (through mid-december). still, i've already gotten more than my money's worth, since i got the entire year for $90 (they had a $7/mo promo in december) and have already seen 17 movies (at average ticket price of, say, $13, that would have cost me over $200). even if they went under today i still come ahead pretty well.

apparently they blacked out Mission Impossible this weekend at all theaters except those with an e-ticket arrangement. closest one to me was about 15 miles away, so i just ended up doing that.

1. grow userbase
2. ????
3. profit

turns out step 2 is kinda important. still, i think they did their job in revolutionizing the industry. subscription plans are becoming more popular... AMC has their own version now. i think Sinemia may have been around before moviepass, but they really popularized it. i'll look into sinemia when my annual pass ends/when moviepass goes under

Isn't step 2 them selling your information?

spurraider21
07-30-2018, 04:29 PM
Isn't step 2 them selling your information?
you are grossly overestimating the value of "your information"

thats why all their services are down for the 2nd time in the last 4 days

baseline bum
07-30-2018, 04:31 PM
you are grossly overestimating the value of "your information"

thats why all their services are down for the 2nd time in the last 4 days

No they are grossly overestimating it. I think it's a stupid business idea.

spurraider21
07-30-2018, 04:42 PM
No they are grossly overestimating it. I think it's a stupid business idea.
they also wanted kickbacks from theaters

Spurminator
07-30-2018, 04:50 PM
In theory step 2 is a combination of collecting and selling user data + proving the value of their app to affect box office returns. (Ex: Featuring a movie on the first page of the Moviepass app leads to X% increase in box office receipts). They could then capture studio ad dollars to feature certain movies on the app.

Given enough time I do think it could work, but they may have set their own countdown too aggressively with the low cost and lenient policies. They also never really built out the app as a destination for movie recommendations. Most people have already decided what movie they want to see when they open the app.

Reck
07-30-2018, 06:45 PM
This was too good to last.

baseline bum
07-30-2018, 08:40 PM
Now they say you won't be able to watch major movies with it from now until when the company finally dies.

spurraider21
07-30-2018, 08:58 PM
yeah if that's the case i'll just jump over to Sinemia

AaronY
07-31-2018, 09:50 AM
$14.95 now and looks like you have to wait 2 weeks to see the big tentpole movies if I am reading this right

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180731005582/en/

spurraider21
07-31-2018, 10:18 AM
I’m locked into my annual subscription and usually don’t mind waiting for a week or two. As long as they stay afloat by December I’ll be satisfied

DPG21920
07-31-2018, 10:45 AM
The changes were inevitable and if consumers act reasonably and logically (it might change the calculus for a small percentage of users which is understandable) this is not a bad deal at all even going to 14.95 with some limitations.

I’ve been on Moviepass since it first started, shut down, then came back in this current iteration. I’m still sticking with it and 14.95 is still break even on basically one movie a month. Even with the other limitations (have to wait 2 weeks for big movies) they are adding other features like being able to easily see the 3D films you want (for the normal upgrade to IMAX fee you pay at the theater) along with some other things like brining a friend.

As long as they get better at the peak pricing thing, I will be ok with it. I went to a showing 2 weeks ago, paid peak pricing and there were 3 people in the showing.

spurraider21
07-31-2018, 01:09 PM
The changes were inevitable and if consumers act reasonably and logically (it might change the calculus for a small percentage of users which is understandable) this is not a bad deal at all even going to 14.95 with some limitations.

I’ve been on Moviepass since it first started, shut down, then came back in this current iteration. I’m still sticking with it and 14.95 is still break even on basically one movie a month. Even with the other limitations (have to wait 2 weeks for big movies) they are adding other features like being able to easily see the 3D films you want (for the normal upgrade to IMAX fee you pay at the theater) along with some other things like brining a friend.

As long as they get better at the peak pricing thing, I will be ok with it. I went to a showing 2 weeks ago, paid peak pricing and there were 3 people in the showing.
luckily peak pricing doesn't apply to people on an annual subscription until their next billing cycle... but i'm probably going to switch over to Sinemia at that point.

https://www.sinemia.com/new-plans

Darth_Pelican
07-31-2018, 01:22 PM
https://deadline.com/2018/07/moviepass-amc-theatres-movie-ticket-subscription-program-stubs-a-list-1202437232/

Spurminator
07-31-2018, 02:00 PM
I wonder if the two week waiting period might also give MP the data to show that without MP subscriber access to new movies, box office results suffer. This could be used as leverage to offer studios the ability to offer new movies to MP subscribers in exchange for sponsorship fees or some kind of partial reimbursement to MP on tickets sold. But again, they might not be around long enough to see that happen.

DPG21920
07-31-2018, 03:16 PM
luckily peak pricing doesn't apply to people on an annual subscription until their next billing cycle... but i'm probably going to switch over to Sinemia at that point.

https://www.sinemia.com/new-plans

Sinemia is still a good deal but no where near moviepass. It may end up being the best most sustainable deal over time, but I see at least 4 movies a month with moviepass and it’s cheaper than Sinemia (although that is still a good deal with the 3 movie option for $15 including IMAX, etc..).

DJR210
07-31-2018, 03:17 PM
This was too good to last.

spurraider21
07-31-2018, 03:24 PM
Sinemia is still a good deal but no where near moviepass. It may end up being the best most sustainable deal over time, but I see at least 4 movies a month with moviepass and it’s cheaper than Sinemia (although that is still a good deal with the 3 movie option for $15 including IMAX, etc..).
yeah moviepass is definitely the better deal... but how much faith do you have they'll be in business for another calendar year? unless you wana stay on board there month to month until they crash

DPG21920
07-31-2018, 03:26 PM
yeah moviepass is definitely the better deal... but how much faith do you have they'll be in business for another calendar year? unless you wana stay on board there month to month until they crash

That’s all I have done is month-to-month so that changes my perspective some.

RGMCSE
08-01-2018, 07:14 AM

1. grow userbase
2. ????
3. profit

WTF are you serious? I watch 3- 5 new movies tops per year. I admit Ill miss a few good movies and go back watch them years later. But its very minimal. It would take me like 5 years to watch 17 movies. :lol

spurraider21
08-01-2018, 09:58 AM
WTF are you serious? I watch 3- 5 new movies tops per year. I admit Ill miss a few good movies and go back watch them years later. But its very minimal. It would take me like 5 years to watch 17 movies. :lol
If not for MoviePass i probably would have seen about 9-10 or so. But now that i have a year paid for, i go more liberally.

But with or without moviepass, i woulda watched Last Jedi, Black Panther, Avengers, Ant Man, Mission Impossible, Quiet Place, Deadpool, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World off top of my head

RGMCSE
08-01-2018, 11:13 PM
If not for MoviePass i probably would have seen about 9-10 or so. But now that i have a year paid for, i go more liberally.

But with or without moviepass, i woulda watched Last Jedi, Black Panther, Avengers, Ant Man, Mission Impossible, Quiet Place, Deadpool, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World off top of my head

Oh shit this explains it. Out of all the movies you just listed I would only care to see MI. Im not a comic book guy at all. I grew watching and playing sports not playing with figurines and monitos. I honestly cant stand people that get nerded out over a fucking comic book/cartoon. If I ever go to a comic con it would be against my will and then only for the whores and drinks not the characters.

spurraider21
08-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Oh shit this explains it. Out of all the movies you just listed I would only care to see MI. Im not a comic book guy at all. I grew watching and playing sports not playing with figurines and monitos. I honestly cant stand people that get nerded out over a fucking comic book/cartoon. If I ever go to a comic con it would be against my will and then only for the whores and drinks not the characters.
Dam bro you’re so fucking hetero

RGMCSE
08-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Dam bro you’re so fucking hetero

Sorry dawg. I just don’t relate. I Mean I’ve seen a few of these comi movies over the years because it’s inevitable. And shit i e actually enjoyed a few because of the action. I just don’t get the infatuation and obsession of it.

spurraider21
08-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Sorry dawg. I just don’t relate. I Mean I’ve seen a few of these comi movies over the years because it’s inevitable. And shit i e actually enjoyed a few because of the action. I just don’t get the infatuation and obsession of it.
It's hard to relate tbh, I don't blame you. Your testosterone levels are obscenely high, we're not in the same universe tbh.

RGMCSE
08-02-2018, 10:38 PM
It's hard to relate tbh, I don't blame you. Your testosterone levels are obscenely high, we're not in the same universe tbh.

Shit you right. I’m just too alpha.

spurraider21
08-03-2018, 04:54 PM
wow, i've been reading that Costco is offering full refunds for moviepass annual subscriptions for whoever bought it through them... my wife and i bought ours through costco. that would be pretty freakin amazing. basically got 7.5 months of free movies. i'll just take that refund and dump it into sinemia

i would have expected a prorated refund given how drastically their terms have changed, as far as restricting big/new releases... but apparently they're just giving full refunds as part of their satisfaction guaranteed shtick.

SpursforSix
08-04-2018, 08:01 PM
wow, i've been reading that Costco is offering full refunds for moviepass annual subscriptions for whoever bought it through them... my wife and i bought ours through costco. that would be pretty freakin amazing. basically got 7.5 months of free movies. i'll just take that refund and dump it into sinemia

i would have expected a prorated refund given how drastically their terms have changed, as far as restricting big/new releases... but apparently they're just giving full refunds as part of their satisfaction guaranteed shtick.

Costco does a lot of things right.

spurraider21
08-04-2018, 08:04 PM
Costco does a lot of things right.
i just went through their customer support chat this morning and can confirm they are giving full refunds :tu

i got 17 free movies out of it (and 31 including my wife)

will jump over to sinemia around october. nothing really interesting coming out anytime soon

DPG21920
08-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Looks like I am finally out on Moviepass. Was incredible while it lasted. But they are moving (probably rightfully so) to a 3 movie a MONTH plan for the same price.

So no price increase to $15, it will stay at $10, but the drop to 3 movies a month means it’s no longer the best deal for someone like me that goes to at least 1 movie a week (most of the time it’s 2).

Besides the movie drop to 3, the fact they don’t have e-ticketing in their app for most theaters even though the theaters themselves have them and the fact there will still be delays in new releases means its no longer a great option for me.

It’s still a good value with the changes and I can see going back if everyone adjusts to that amount, but I’m moving to the AMC $20 package where I can see 3 movies a week, with all online reservations and including IMAX/3D as well.

Limits me to one theater but the AMC by me is really nice and close so it’s a good fit.

Spurminator
08-06-2018, 06:24 PM
We paid for the whole year so we're still unlimited until we resubscribe next April. Who knows what everything will look like then.

spurraider21
08-06-2018, 07:11 PM
fun while it lasted. and given costco's generous return policy, was free for me after all that.

i hope sinemia works well. their promo prices are around till sept 3. will sign up around that time, nothing particularly interesting coming out this month

spurraider21
08-09-2018, 12:00 PM
coscto refund processed today. in full. awesome :tu

Spurminator
08-10-2018, 10:25 AM
I'm holding out for the Alamo Drafthouse pass.

leemajors
08-10-2018, 10:30 AM
I'm holding out for the Alamo Drafthouse pass.

They already have a rewards program, I doubt they will start something like this.

Spurminator
08-10-2018, 10:31 AM
They already have a rewards program, I doubt they will start something like this.

They're beta testing it in NY right now

leemajors
08-14-2018, 09:09 PM
https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/14/17691022/moviepass-q2-earnings-report-operating-losses

jstep13
08-19-2018, 02:34 PM
Guys, just a heads up Sinemia is a scam company. Google Sinemia + complaints and/or check BBB (F rating)...buyer beware...

SpursforSix
08-09-2019, 03:14 PM
MoviePass Reportedly Changed User Passwords to Limit Access

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/moviepass-changed-passwords-limit-access-1203297557/

FrostKing
08-09-2019, 03:27 PM
100% this company is selling member information

Blake
08-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Regal Cinema is finally doing their own membership at $18 per month: unlimited visits plus 10% off concessions. Not quite sure it's worth it yet...

Pavlov
08-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Regal Cinema is finally doing their own membership at $18 per month: unlimited visits plus 10% off concessions. Not quite sure it's worth it yet...Would've worked better when I lived closer to them. That tiered availability is retarded but all the Austin theaters are in the first tier so nonissue.

spurraider21
08-09-2019, 05:45 PM
i ditched moviepass about a year ago when they started limiting the pool of movies you could see, and since i bought it through coscto, they gave me a full refund even though i had about 8 months of clean service. so i basically got 8 months of free movies. then i used the refund money on sinemia which worked for about 6 months before going under. didnt get a refund there. but all in all got over a year worth of movies for my wife and i for about 180.