PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson or Lonzo Ball?

Spurtacular
11-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Many calling Lonzo Ball a bust. Mike Rappaport said he didn't think LB would last three years with the Lakers after he walked away from a pushing match to avoid a tech, he said. He's getting minutes more deserving players should be getting to justify the hype. LaVar ain't helping Lonzo to be any less polarizing either.

Bust is a word that described Kyle Anderson his rookie year. He had similarly terrible stats. Most would say he's had marked improvement. One would think Lonzo Ball has only one direction to go (it can't get any worse). Some still believe he has all-star potential even. Whereas, I don't think anyone is saying that about Kyle Anderson.

So, if the time comes that the Lakers come offering Ball for Anderson, would you do it? Or visa versa? Also, in advance, I don't care who thinks this won't happen. Of course it almost certainly won't happen. I just thought it'd be an interesting exercise to see where people are at on the Kyle Anderson vs. Lonzo Ball plane because of their relatively notorious statures and comparable ineffectiveness.

tholdren
11-22-2017, 01:23 AM
Id take kyle. But goes to show anyone can play in nba.

DAF86
11-22-2017, 01:25 AM
The 30th pick on the draft can never be a bust, tbh.

Bynumite
11-22-2017, 01:33 AM
Kyle Kuzma was the 27th pick in the draft and in only 18 NBA games is already light years ahead of Anderson.

DAF86
11-22-2017, 01:36 AM
Kyle Kuzma was the 27th pick in the draft and in only 18 NBA games is already light years ahead of Anderson.

Too bad you should have been getting franchise players these last couple of years, not "draft steals".

Mr. Body
11-22-2017, 01:53 AM
I don't see Lonzo as a bust, at all, but he may get suffocated by all the attention. Probably drafted too high, but whatevs.

John B
11-22-2017, 02:30 AM
Kyle can play and guard 4 positions and is still improving. Lonzo has the court vision of Kidd, but a terrible shooter, questionable character, and has a lot of baggage. No thanks. Besides I’m already rooting for Murray to be the future PG, and also possibly an all-star.

Spurtacular
11-22-2017, 02:31 AM
I don't see Lonzo as a bust, at all, but he may get suffocated by all the attention. Probably drafted too high, but whatevs.

He's undersized, has a fundamentally flawed shooting stroke, is defensively deficient, and lacks mental fortitude. He's a prime example of how hype works. Yes, there is some talent there; perhaps enough to justify spending a lottery pick on him even if it's high risk. But likely, he should've been drafted bottom of the first round like Kyle Anderson.

Spurtacular
11-22-2017, 02:34 AM
Kyle can play and guard 4 positions and is still improving. Lonzo has the court vision of Kidd, but a terrible shooter, questionable character, and has a lot of baggage. No thanks. Besides I’m already rooting for Murray to be the future PG, and also possibly an all-star.

Murray is basically a taller, less-fast version of Rajon Rondo. He'd have had a much better chance of making an all-star team when Rondo came into the league when spreading the floor wasn't en vogue.

r0drig0lac
11-22-2017, 04:10 AM

this, what's wrong with all these threads? god lord

jermaine
11-22-2017, 07:10 AM
Much like LMA, Pop hasn't used Anderson right. Coming from college, Anderson was a point-forward. He's just now being able to freely do what he does. Much like Murray an other players when 1st coming to SA, they're timmed an afraid to make mistakes. So if Pop keeps allowing Anderson to unlocking full abilities, he'll end up looking like a draft steal.. As slow as this dude is, an I love chopped an screwed music, his IQ his waaaaaay up there. No one can deny that.

exstatic
11-22-2017, 07:45 AM
Your poll needs to be re-framed:

Anderson or Lonzo AND Lavar Ball.

It’s kind of a package deal.

BSfromTX
11-22-2017, 08:36 AM
He’s a bust in the sense of how much hype has surrounded him, but that’s not his fault.

John B
11-22-2017, 08:50 AM
He’s had near triple doubles. But that shot, yikes.

tholdren
11-22-2017, 09:14 AM
this, what's wrong with all these threads? god lord

This just means you could get drafted at 30, get minutes, improve, not be a bust. Goes to show nba talent is minimally different that a message board troll

palangi
11-22-2017, 09:22 AM
He's undersized, has a fundamentally flawed shooting stroke, is defensively deficient, and lacks mental fortitude. He's a prime example of how hype works. Yes, there is some talent there; perhaps enough to justify spending a lottery pick on him even if it's high risk. But likely, he should've been drafted bottom of the first round like Kyle Anderson.

How is he undersized as a 6'5" PG?

r0drig0lac
11-22-2017, 09:39 AM
This just means you could get drafted at 30, get minutes, improve, not be a bust. Goes to show nba talent is minimally different that a message board troll

How should a 30th pick be a bust? historically, someone written in that position is not expected to be in the league for long, this is basically a case of low risk, high reward

TheGreatYacht
11-22-2017, 10:03 AM
Comparing a rookie to a 25 year old man :lol

Fathead averaged 2 points and 2 rebounds his rookie season and shot as bad as Lonzo.

FkLA
11-22-2017, 10:48 AM
Much like LMA, Pop hasn't used Anderson right. Coming from college, Anderson was a point-forward. He's just now being able to freely do what he does. Much like Murray an other players when 1st coming to SA, they're timmed an afraid to make mistakes. So if Pop keeps allowing Anderson to unlocking full abilities, he'll end up looking like a draft steal.. As slow as this dude is, an I love chopped an screwed music, his IQ his waaaaaay up there. No one can deny that.

You're my nigga but just lol at "timmed".

tholdren
11-22-2017, 12:17 PM
How should a 30th pick be a bust? historically, someone written in that position is not expected to be in the league for long, this is basically a case of low risk, high reward

My point. The nba = overrated. You could take any kid playing college basketball. Draft him. Give him 30 mpg. And he would shoot 20% from the floor. The two most hyped players in this years draft can only play transition basketball. Thats pretty sad.

SAGirl
11-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Absolutely.
Then I would add he barely played at all his 1st season, much like Dejounte, Derrick White, Cory Joseph, etc. There were so little minutes in that first year, and most of it in garbage time with bad lineups (remember Daye and Ayers? anyone?) that one cannot derive much of a comparison from the 1st season stats for any of these players, compared to Lonzo.

I just pointed out something similar in a thread in the other "general forum" where someone was claiming Dejounte was already better than Lonzo. Can't really even compare as Dejounte had a couple of good games his first season but everything else was a minute or two of garbage time here or there.

-----------
OP awful troll per par.

Mikeanaro
11-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Longturd is a bust, Spurs would never draft that overrated POS, not even 4th string material here.
The fact that Lakers are a joke of a franchise made this abomination possible.

jermaine
11-22-2017, 03:18 PM
You're my nigga but just lol at "timmed".

Lmmfao.... look, it was early!!

cd021
11-22-2017, 04:55 PM

Pretty much. Teams can take risks, swinging for the fences on a prospect and failing but I wouldn't call that a bust. LJC would be a much more likely candidate if there were such thing as a late round bust.

Spurtacular
11-22-2017, 06:24 PM
How is he undersized as a 6'5" PG?

He's probably not that tall; and I really meant he doesn't have an NBA body at this point.

Spurtacular
11-22-2017, 06:29 PM
Absolutely.
Then I would add he barely played at all his 1st season, much like Dejounte, Derrick White, Cory Joseph, etc. There were so little minutes in that first year, and most of it in garbage time with bad lineups (remember Daye and Ayers? anyone?) that one cannot derive much of a comparison from the 1st season stats for any of these players, compared to Lonzo.

I just pointed out something similar in a thread in the other "general forum" where someone was claiming Dejounte was already better than Lonzo. Can't really even compare as Dejounte had a couple of good games his first season but everything else was a minute or two of garbage time here or there.

-----------
OP awful troll per par.

Revisionist history. Anderson got more opportunity than all those players you mentioned in his rookie campaign. 31 games and 9 starts and double-digit minute averages IIRC. He would've gotten double or triple that too if he hadn't sucked. I believe Pop fully intended to fully integrate him based on the personnel / injuries at the time. Kyle's own ineffectiveness tied Pop's hands.

-----------
Fathead sucker troll per par.

tholdren
11-22-2017, 07:14 PM
Revisionist history. Anderson got more opportunity than all those players you mentioned in his rookie campaign. 31 games and 9 starts and double-digit minute averages IIRC. He would've gotten double or triple that too if he hadn't sucked. I believe Pop fully intended to fully integrate him based on the personnel / injuries at the time. Kyle's own ineffectiveness tied Pop's hands.

-----------
Fathead sucker troll per par.

+1

duncan2k5
11-23-2017, 05:00 AM

False... His IQ definitely isn't "waaaaaay" up there... Dude does a LOT of dumb stuff... Matter of fact I'm pleasantly surprised when he does well... If someone has an IQ "waaaaaay" up there, I expect them to do good... Not be surprised when they do...

Spurtacular
11-23-2017, 05:31 AM
False... His IQ definitely isn't "waaaaaay" up there... Dude does a LOT of dumb stuff... Matter of fact I'm pleasantly surprised when he does well... If someone has an IQ "waaaaaay" up there, I expect them to do good... Not be surprised when they do...

:lmao I lean more your way on the IQ.

But perhaps, KA at least has an above average basketball IQ and it only looks like he's lower because his lack of athleticism f's up a lot of plays for him.