PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Memphis has fired coach David Fizdale

Dex
11-27-2017, 06:44 PM

Take that for data.

:lol Rooked by Marc Gasol.

dbreiden83080
11-27-2017, 06:55 PM
That's bullshit. He is a good coach. And Gasol is no franchise player. Who cares what he thinks?

Dex
11-27-2017, 06:58 PM
That's bullshit. He is a good coach. And Gasol is no franchise player. Who cares what he thinks?

Yep. Six months ago everyone was cradling his balls over his little postgame speech and stealing two games from the Spurs, and all it took was one ill-timed benching for them to show him the door.

dbreiden83080
11-27-2017, 07:03 PM
Yep. Six months ago everyone was cradling his balls over his little postgame speech and stealing two games from the Spurs, and all it took was one ill-timed benching for them to show him the door.

And while on a losing streak they are 7-12. Long way to go. Stupid move..

Proxy
11-27-2017, 07:24 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

StrengthAndHonor
11-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Jerry West, your move.

Clipper Nation
11-27-2017, 07:44 PM
Jerry West, your move.
It's not on Jerry, it's on Ballmer. He needs to start acting like the owner, not a starstruck fanboy.

Trainwreck2100
11-27-2017, 07:50 PM
It's not on Jerry, it's on Ballmer. He needs to start acting like the owner, not a starstruck fanboy.

fitzdale is perfect too, can't play the card if he's the replacement

InRareForm
11-28-2017, 12:32 AM
his gf is hot.

DMC
11-28-2017, 01:28 AM
Meanwhile that turd in OKC still has his job because he's white and looks militant.

99 Problems
11-28-2017, 01:28 AM
Oh dear.

ElNono
11-28-2017, 01:41 AM
his gf is hot.

wife

https://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/screen-shot-2016-05-31-at-2-07-32-pm.jpg?quality=88&w=750

DAF86
11-28-2017, 01:42 AM
I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but she ain't messing with no broke.

Stabula
11-28-2017, 05:37 AM
I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but she ain't messing with no broke.

In her defense all women are programmed to dig for gold and trap men into marriages they don't want.

Stabula
11-28-2017, 05:43 AM
Don't laugh too much Spurs fans they might be looking to steal our coaching staff like most teams do.

hater
11-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Spurs wil hire that dude and fat spurs fan will love him

phxspurfan
11-28-2017, 06:24 PM
Spurs wil hire that dude and fat spurs fan will love him

considering he beat the spurs 2 games in the playoffs, PATFO would hire him in a heartbeat.

then he will leave to coach the Hawks/Sixers/Magic/Sonics in 1 year as another Pop disciple

lefty
11-28-2017, 08:35 PM
Not sure they would have fired him if he was white tbh

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 08:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6ML0-XDttU

This was an effective ploy given our sound bit culture. But to the purists it was shameless whining.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 08:58 PM
Not sure they would have fired him if he was white tbh

How many black coaches in a row do they have to hire before they get the benefit of the doubt (so to speak)?

8FOR!3
11-28-2017, 09:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6ML0-XDttU

This was an effective ploy given our sound bit culture. But to the purists it was shameless whining.

It was absolutely whining and kind of BS. But I was in Memphis for the two games (in between when it happened) and it was so damn effective the whole city bought into Fizdale. Could the Spurs use another assistant right now? Probably not lol.

TheCultOfPersonality
11-29-2017, 06:32 AM
I don't think that Fizdale is the second coming of Popovich, Stevens, or Carlisle but he is certainly not the Grizzlies' biggest problem. Not even close. Chris Wallace is the Grizzlies' biggest problem. He's the reason the Grizzlies don't have tradeable assets and have the shitty roster that they have. Not only is Chris Wallace responsible for years of horrible drafting but he pursues players in the draft that weren't even good in college. Tied up the Grizzlies' 1st round pick over Jeff Green. Now I was for trading for Green to get rid of Prince and Pondexter until I got the rest of the story. The Grizzlies 1st round pick in 2019 is 1-8 protected, if it goes to 2020 it's 1-6 protected, if it goes to 2021 it's unprotected. This looks like this could be the Otis Thorpe trade all over again. This alone is a fireable offense. We can't forget giving an injured roleplayer a $94 million contract even through he never lived up to his last contract when he was overpaid. Talk about not learning from other people's mistakes. Wallace never should've been brought back let alone got an extention.

UZER
11-29-2017, 08:02 AM
Dude whined to the refs that got him two playoff wins and t-shirts made.

That's it.

DMC
11-29-2017, 11:08 AM
Fiz sat their franchise guy to the tune of "pissed off". That's all that is required if you're not Pop. Pop can sit Tim in a crucial moment of a closeout game in the Finals, lose, and still come out smelling like a rose.

Chris
11-29-2017, 03:18 PM
I don't think that Fizdale is the second coming of Popovich, Stevens, or Carlisle but he is certainly not the Grizzlies' biggest problem. Not even close. Chris Wallace is the Grizzlies' biggest problem. He's the reason the Grizzlies don't have tradeable assets and have the shitty roster that they have. Not only is Chris Wallace responsible for years of horrible drafting but he pursues players in the draft that weren't even good in college. Tied up the Grizzlies' 1st round pick over Jeff Green. Now I was for trading for Green to get rid of Prince and Pondexter until I got the rest of the story. The Grizzlies 1st round pick in 2019 is 1-8 protected, if it goes to 2020 it's 1-6 protected, if it goes to 2021 it's unprotected. This looks like this could be the Otis Thorpe trade all over again. This alone is a fireable offense. We can't forget giving an injured roleplayer a $94 million contract even through he never lived up to his last contract when he was overpaid. Talk about not learning from other people's mistakes. Wallace never should've been brought back let alone got an extention.

tCoP

daslicer
11-29-2017, 03:41 PM

Chris Wallace struck me as a dumb GM when he first did the Pau Gasol trade granted it worked out with Marc turning into an all-star player but I think Chris lucked out in that regard.

DMC
12-03-2017, 03:04 AM
Here's what happened:

Grizz, without their PG, decided to tank the season. Coach acted up by benching Gasol as a protest and they fired him.

venitian navigator
12-03-2017, 03:40 AM
Here's what happened:

Grizz, without their PG, decided to tank the season. Coach acted up by benching Gasol as a protest and they fired him.

looks like a simple but logical reason...

Arcadian
12-03-2017, 05:31 AM
Here's what happened:

:lol Elegant explanation. (Serious, no sarcasm)

But instead of seeing this, others will come up with grand conspiracy theories about racism and other bullshit.