PDA

View Full Version : Pop Bitching Bertans

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 06:52 PM
Just watching the Mavs game now. DB making two turnovers. Pop immediately taking him out for fucking Fathead. No wonder the guy has confidence issues. He doesn't even get to play through a couple mistakes in a game against the lowly Mavs in which the message is being sent that Fathead is a superior player. Dude must be tight as fuck right now. Terrible fucking coaching.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 06:53 PM
Just watching the Mavs game now. DB making two turnovers. Pop immediately taking him out for fucking Fathead. No wonder the guy has confidence issues. He doesn't even get to play through a couple mistakes in a game against the lowly Mavs in which the message is being sent that Fathead is a superior player. Dude must be tight as fuck right now. Terrible fucking coaching.
Damn good coaching.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 06:55 PM
Damn good coaching.

Terrible coaching. Players trying to come out of a slump need to be able to play through a mistake or two.

Also, not that it really matters, but Mavs still went on a run right after.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Terrible coaching. Players trying to come out of a slump need to be able to play through a mistake or two.

Also, not that it really matters, but Mavs still went on a run right after.
Bert played like trash and tried to make stupid plays he had no business trying to make, like that 'oop that turned into points for the other team, further burying them.

Great coaching, pulling that guy.

Mr. Body
11-28-2017, 06:59 PM

What the fuck is this?

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Bert played like trash and tried to make stupid plays he had no business trying to make, like that 'oop that turned into points for the other team, further burying them.

Great coaching, pulling that guy.

The oop was a good play, he just under threw it. The second turnover was an okay look; he just telegraphed it and forgot to keep his options open. But that happens when you're tight as fuck cos your coach is pulling this shit.

Also, Pop getting kicked out shortly after on some meaningless bull shit. Dude ain't projecting confidence. Terrible coaching.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 07:00 PM
What the fuck is this?

Don't act up, bitch.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 07:02 PM
The oop was a good play, he just under threw it. The second turnover was an okay look; he just telegraphed it and forgot to keep his options open. But that happens when you're tight as fuck cos your coach is pulling this shit.

Also, Pop getting kicked out shortly after on some meaningless bull shit. Dude ain't projecting confidence. Terrible coaching.
The 'oop was bad because it wasn't necessary and added risk, where they just needed sure points.
And second, you are just suckling on his teet if you're going to be this apologetic for him.

TheGreatYacht
11-28-2017, 07:03 PM
BREAKING: Pasty Mormon upset pasty ginger gets an earful.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 07:05 PM
The 'oop was bad because it wasn't necessary and added risk, where they just needed sure points.
And second, you are just suckling on his teet if you're going to be this apologetic for him.

The oop was there over a smaller player, dude.

I ain't on Bertan's teet, dude. You either give a guy a chance to come out of a slump or you don't. That's terrible coaching. It wasn't a rotation substitution. It was a bull shit substitution. This isn't a playoff chase game when one might do that. It's an early season second quarter substitution against the Mavs.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 07:06 PM
BREAKING: Kawhi is Shaun Marion 1.1

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 07:06 PM
The oop was there over a smaller player, dude.

I ain't on Bertan's teet, dude. You either give a guy a chance to come out of a slump or you don't. That's terrible coaching. It wasn't a rotation substitution. It was a bull shit substitution. This isn't a playoff chase game when one might do that. It's an early season second quarter substitution against the Mavs.
Okay bud. We disagree. All good.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 07:09 PM
Okay bud. We disagree. All good.

True....

Getting pulled for fucking Fathead; it's no wonder Bertans' head ain't right.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 07:12 PM
True....

Getting pulled for fucking Fathead; it's no wonder Bertans' head ain't right.
Uh huh... Do go on.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 07:18 PM
Uh huh... Do go on.

Fathead having a good season. But being pulled for that SloFo still gonna mess with his head. Especially coming after one DNP after another for SloFo. Pop totally disregarding sports psychology.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 07:19 PM
Fathead having a good season. But being pulled for that SloFo still gonna mess with his head. Especially coming after one DNP after another for SloFo. Pop totally disregarding sports psychology.
For shame...
Shame on Pop.

tbdog
11-28-2017, 07:44 PM
That second turn over was awful. It was clear as day. Barier saw it from a long way and picked it off. He deserved to be yanked, and the assistant coach didn't go back to him.

Spur|n|Austin
11-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Anderson has been playing great, OP is a fucktard.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 07:55 PM
That second turn over was awful. It was clear as day. Barier saw it from a long way and picked it off. He deserved to be yanked, and the assistant coach didn't go back to him.

If it was Danny Green, yes. But not when you're trying to get a player out of a funk against a shit team early in the game.

TheDoctor
11-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Really? A meltdown thread for Bertans? Dude’s a scrub.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 08:03 PM
Really? A meltdown thread for Bertans? Dude’s a scrub.

Last year, people were debating whether Bertans could make it to all-star status or at least be a starter. This year, he went to shit. Poor player management by Pop. Last night just a symptom of a larger problem, tbh.

Hoops Czar
11-28-2017, 08:05 PM
Pop has nobody to bitch at but himself for signing this scrub.

Seventyniner
11-28-2017, 08:08 PM
More overrated on ST: Bertans or Simmons? I'll go with Bertans but it's close.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Took SloFo three plus years of regular play to get where he is. Anyone making the comparison between the two players is missing the point.

Hoops Czar
11-28-2017, 08:11 PM
More overrated on ST: Bertans or Simmons? I'll go with Bertans but it's close.

Simmons was the king of empty stats while Bertans is the king of emptyness.

SAGirl
11-28-2017, 08:13 PM
Spurtacular not having a good season tbh... :cry Kyle playing well has him unhinged... it's not even about Bertans.
horrible bad troll... not even humorous with the shit takes.

Trill Clinton
11-28-2017, 08:16 PM

:lol

Mr. Body
11-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Anderson has been playing great, OP is a fucktard.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 08:17 PM
Spurtacular not having a good season tbh... :cry Kyle playing well has him unhinged... it's not even about Bertans.
horrible bad troll... not even humorous with the shit takes.

When Kyle Anderson shows up against the Warriors in a series, then you might have something. Stat stuffing with Kawhi out ain't that big a deal, tbh.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 08:18 PM
When Kyle Anderson shows up against the Warriors in a series, then you might have something. Stat stuffing with Kawhi out ain't that big a deal, tbh.
You'd give Bert that kind of leash?

MVPCues
11-28-2017, 08:26 PM
An argument that Pop's leash is too short sometimes and he should let some guys try and play through
mistakes is reasonable and may be correct. The problem is making out like Bertans is better than Kyle and Kyle subbing for him was terrible flushes your argument down the toilet.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 08:27 PM
You'd give Bert that kind of leash?

What kind of leash?

I haven't been making the case that Bertans should even be in the rotation. I'm calling into question his recent demise under Pop, though.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 08:29 PM
What kind of leash?

I haven't been making the case that Bertans should even be in the rotation. I'm calling into question his recent demise under Pop, though.

To Quote MVPCues : An argument that Pop's leash is too short sometimes and he should let some guys try and play through
mistakes is reasonable and may be correct. The problem is making out like Bertans is better than Kyle and Kyle subbing for him was terrible flushes your argument down the toilet.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 08:31 PM
An argument that Pop's leash is too short sometimes and he should let some guys try and play through

Wasn't trying to argue that Kyle is terrible (or not playing well). But he's slow and clumsy and and not a great shooter and makes bonehead plays even still. Can't be good for Bertan's psyche to be giving that much deference to Anderson.

MVPCues
11-28-2017, 09:08 PM
I do agree with the sentiment that Bertans looks a little defeated sometimes and plays tight.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 09:23 PM
I do agree with the sentiment that Bertans looks a little defeated sometimes and plays tight.

He looks completely defeated and plays tight as fuck.

ElNono
11-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Agreed, Pop shouldn't be talking to a white person like that. Sets a bad precedent, tbh...

TimDunkem
11-28-2017, 09:56 PM
Agreed, Pop shouldn't be talking to a white person like that. Sets a bad precedent, tbh...
Tholdren agrees.

raybies
11-28-2017, 09:58 PM
He made two turnovers back to back, if that ain't asking to be taken out I don't know what is. Especially considering the mistakes were made by a youthful Bertans and not a vet. Pop's been putting young players on short leashes since I remember. You still haven't accepted that I guess. The kid is from Europe, he can take a real coach. But you man are coming off as soft. If this a jab in the direction that Simmons wanted more leeway, and now all of sudden Pop can't discipline players that's just dumb. Toughness requires heart. I think Simmons decision was more of an expanded role than anything so I'm not gonna question his heart. But Bertans has a lot of flaws and if he's turning the ball over he becomes more of a liability cause he struggles to board and play defense. If he's on offense and can't get a look, and tries to make plays and can't what is he doing out there. He becomes a detriment.

All in all, he's a strong minded kid and he's tough. I think this is a major overreaction. Also Kyle is a baller. Good day

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 10:32 PM

You butthurt there ain't a Mexican in the league or something, tbh.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 10:34 PM
He made two turnovers back to back, if that ain't asking to be taken out I don't know what is. Especially considering the mistakes were made by a youthful Bertans and not a vet. Pop's been putting young players on short leashes since I remember. You still haven't accepted that I guess. The kid is from Europe, he can take a real coach. But you man are coming off as soft. If this a jab in the direction that Simmons wanted more leeway, and now all of sudden Pop can't discipline players that's just dumb. Toughness requires heart. I think Simmons decision was more of an expanded role than anything so I'm not gonna question his heart. But Bertans has a lot of flaws and if he's turning the ball over he becomes more of a liability cause he struggles to board and play defense. If he's on offense and can't get a look, and tries to make plays and can't what is he doing out there. He becomes a detriment.

All in all, he's a strong minded kid and he's tough. I think this is a major overreaction. Also Kyle is a baller. Good day

Bertans ain't a 19-year-old kid. Don't care what Pop's pattern is; it's terrible coaching. Either play the kid or don't; but don't fuck with the kid cos you want to throw a tantrum over a couple turnovers (one while trying to beat the clock).

raybies
11-28-2017, 10:51 PM
Bertans ain't a 19-year-old kid. Don't care what Pop's pattern is; it's terrible coaching. Either play the kid or don't; but don't fuck with the kid cos you want to throw a tantrum over a couple turnovers (one while trying to beat the clock).
Yes he's not 19 but he doesn't have "corporate knowledge" as Pop would say so he would be considered youthful or inexperienced.

Spurtacular
11-28-2017, 10:59 PM
Yes he's not 19 but he doesn't have "corporate knowledge" as Pop would say so he would be considered youthful or inexperienced.

That's an okay rebuttal; but a bit of a cop out, nonetheless. I'm not even saying Bertans should've been in the game. What I'm saying is don't throw a tantrum and bury the kid. People can give Pop a pass all they want; it's BS coaching.

SAGirl
11-28-2017, 11:09 PM

Only Spurtacular would be this sour after a team win. this dude es un amargado....

rastaspur
11-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Idgaf about the psyche of bertans. He is behind anderson and most others in the rotation for a reason.

rogcl1
11-28-2017, 11:25 PM

If he is that fragile he doesn't belong in the NBA. Been reading this posters bs and its living proof that 12,000 plus posts doesnt mean that the next post is going to have any relevance whatsoever.

raybies
11-28-2017, 11:26 PM
If he is that fragile he doesn't belong in the NBA. Been reading this posters bs and its living proof that 12,000 plus posts doesnt mean that the next post is going to have any relevance whatsoever.
:wow

Pavlov
11-28-2017, 11:37 PM
lol white people

Spurtacular
11-29-2017, 12:13 AM
:lmao ST'ers trying to make this about race. I ain't no Bertans fan boy, bitches. Ya'lls shit is weak.

Spurtacular
11-29-2017, 12:14 AM

You fragile, brah.

duncan2k5
11-29-2017, 08:59 AM

Agreed

duncan2k5
11-29-2017, 09:02 AM

Huh??? I've seen Kyle, Manu, Mills all make horrible turnovers in a short span... Matter of fact, Kyle had a horrible play after he was subbed in... But those are the beloved players right now by the coaches, so they will never pull them for idiocy... Even Kyle admitted he wasn't playing well before because of how Pop had him on a very short leash... So why is it so weird for ppl to accept that this also affects Murray and Davis?

spurraider21
11-29-2017, 10:08 AM
:lmao ST'ers trying to make this about race. I ain't no Bertans fan boy, bitches. Ya'lls shit is weak.
:lmao jimmer

LaMarcus Bryant
11-29-2017, 10:53 AM
Bert passed it TWICE with such lackadaisical low velocity even lil DPG could have stolen it and gotten a fast break

MultiTroll
11-29-2017, 11:10 AM
Pop treats all players the same.

Joseph Kony
11-29-2017, 11:16 AM
OP is a fag. Fathead is a superior player to his pasty white boy Bertans

raybies
11-29-2017, 01:19 PM
Huh??? I've seen Kyle, Manu, Mills all make horrible turnovers in a short span... Matter of fact, Kyle had a horrible play after he was subbed in... But those are the beloved players right now by the coaches, so they will never pull them for idiocy... Even Kyle admitted he wasn't playing well before because of how Pop had him on a very short leash... So why is it so weird for ppl to accept that this also affects Murray and Davis?
The difference is all the above mentioned players have earned their Lee way. Kyle is a rotation player. He's consistently played well and past the short leash phase. Bertans hasn't earned a longer leash but he has earned some playing time with that performance in OKC. Fact is Davis has been inconsistent on both sides of the ball and Pop wants to make him earn it. If he can't take it who cares or Murray for that matter. Nothing wrong with making players earn what they get. I teach my very young daughters the same thing. It's a blue collar mentality.

BD24
11-29-2017, 11:10 PM
:lol

duncan2k5
11-30-2017, 09:06 AM
The difference is all the above mentioned players have earned their Lee way. Kyle is a rotation player. He's consistently played well and past the short leash phase. Bertans hasn't earned a longer leash but he has earned some playing time with that performance in OKC. Fact is Davis has been inconsistent on both sides of the ball and Pop wants to make him earn it. If he can't take it who cares or Murray for that matter. Nothing wrong with making players earn what they get. I teach my very young daughters the same thing. It's a blue collar mentality.

How exsctly did kyle earn it? Its not as if he was great last season...dude was trash...the ONLY difference is that he was thrust into the stsrter role this year because Pop had no alternative...

MultiTroll
11-30-2017, 09:15 AM
How exsctly did kyle earn it? Its not as if he was great last season...dude was trash...the ONLY difference is that he was thrust into the stsrter role this year because Pop had no alternative...
This.
Fathead has done well so far but lets not act like it was some great strategy by Popped and the front orfice.
The same dumbf's who signed Patty for 5 X 50 :lmao

unleashbaynes
11-30-2017, 09:22 AM

Yeah, you're not a Bertans fanboy, you only made a thread crying about him getting benched for making fucktarded plays. Idiot.

TheDoctor
11-30-2017, 09:25 AM
Yeah, you're not a Bertans fanboy, you only made a thread crying about him getting benched for making fucktarded plays. Idiot.
unleashbaynes going IN :lol

TheDoctor
11-30-2017, 09:29 AM
All I care is Poop bitching Marsha in the playoffs - hater

Mr. Body
11-30-2017, 09:29 AM
If only Bertans had played instead of LaMarcus last night, he would have scored 55 and we would have won by 30.

raybies
11-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Being one of the most consistent players on the roster for the last 2-3 weeks, making good decisions with Pop running the offense through him in the pnr, making big plays every game. Are you trolling me or do you not watch Spurs games. How long have you been watching the Spurs play??

Fact is he started this year as an afterthought and has somehow become an intrical part in the rotation. Pop has already said as much, saying they got to figure out how to keep him in the rotation. He's earned what he's got. He's put in years of work like Messina said. I'm not just making up shit, the coaches are saying as much. Maybe you should pay attention to interviews........................

Spurtacular
12-02-2017, 05:06 AM
OP is a fag. Fathead is a superior player to his pasty white boy Bertans

Didn't make this thread for the sake of hyping one over the other. So....

0/10

Spurtacular
12-02-2017, 05:10 AM

This the only time I've even regarded Bertans this season; not sure how that's supposed to make me a "fanboy" Maybe, you should actually know your shit.

unleashbaynes (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43609) going FULL RETARD :lol

Spurtacular
12-03-2017, 03:42 AM
Gay two dumb turnovers in a row against Memphis in the 3rd. No hook.

jermaine
12-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Gay two dumb turnovers in a row against Memphis in the 3rd. No hook.

Anyone can see Gay an Melo is the same person. Only Gay isn't the drama queen Melo is. Gay is ok with the amount of touches he gets. But he's a ball stopper too. If we was losing, his mistakes would be magnified.

Spurtacular
12-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Anyone can see Gay an Melo is the same person. Only Gay isn't the drama queen Melo is. Gay is ok with the amount of touches he gets. But he's a ball stopper too. If we was losing, his mistakes would be magnified.

I wouldn't want Gay (a vet) taken out in that scenario. Just saying Pop needs to stop spazzing just b/c a younger player is still cutting his teeth.

jermaine
12-03-2017, 08:02 AM
I wouldn't want Gay (a vet) taken out in that scenario. Just saying Pop needs to stop spazzing just b/c a younger player is still cutting his teeth.

Tbh, where would he fit in? Over who?? I like Davis myself, but who would he play over?

jermaine
12-03-2017, 08:04 AM
I'd love to see Kawhi an Davis run P&P or P&R... Hell Him an Gay could off the bench. But Pop wouldn't allow it!

Spurtacular
12-03-2017, 08:06 AM
Tbh, where would he fit in? Over who?? I like Davis myself, but who would he play over?

Nowhere right now with the way he is playing. Not even saying Bertans should be a part of the rotation. Just saying, don't fuck with his head.

SAGirl
12-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Well him and everyone else will get an opportunity tonight. Hopefully he takes advantage of it.

duncan2k5
12-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Being one of the most consistent players on the roster for the last 2-3 weeks, making good decisions with Pop running the offense through him in the pnr, making big plays every game. Are you trolling me or do you not watch Spurs games. How long have you been watching the Spurs play??

Fact is he started this year as an afterthought and has somehow become an intrical part in the rotation. Pop has already said as much, saying they got to figure out how to keep him in the rotation. He's earned what he's got. He's put in years of work like Messina said. I'm not just making up shit, the coaches are saying as much. Maybe you should pay attention to interviews........................

Dude are u slow? U were saying Bertans hasn't earned it, but Kyle has... So my reply was how did Kyle earn it when he was GIVEN the starting role since the beginning of the season out of necessity, THEN grew into himself... Bertans wasn't even playing... So why are u bringing up the past 2-3 weeks? That had no relevance to the argument... Kyle was starting for the whole season... He was given the chance to grow as a Ayer while Bertans was relegated to DNPCDs, and spot minutes

Spurtacular
12-03-2017, 11:15 PM
Well him and everyone else will get an opportunity tonight. Hopefully he takes advantage of it.

At this point, I'd rather have Kyle Anderson than Bertans. If asked last season, my answer would've probably been different. We'll see if Bertans can pull his head out of his ass, though.

SAGirl
12-03-2017, 11:23 PM
I thought he had a good game. He's got a talent for blocking shots.
His gift is definitely shooting. Depending what matchup you give him, he's not going to be exploited defensively. He stuck to his strengths.

Hopefully he starts to get more opportunities now that Kyle's injured and makes the most of them. It was a bit puzzling he didn't get them to start the season when the team had Kawhi and at times Joff out too.

K...
12-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Dude are u slow? U were saying Bertans hasn't earned it, but Kyle has... So my reply was how did Kyle earn it when he was GIVEN the starting role since the beginning of the season out of necessity, THEN grew into himself... Bertans wasn't even playing... So why are u bringing up the past 2-3 weeks? That had no relevance to the argument... Kyle was starting for the whole season... He was given the chance to grow as a Ayer while Bertans was relegated to DNPCDs, and spot minutes

That's a fair argument, but it's with pop not kyle. But lets not overlook that its a 3 we are missing not a 4. Lauverne is a 4 as well. Bertans really can only play the 4. Sadly he's just not flexible enough to slot in as kyle

r0drig0lac
12-04-2017, 07:49 AM
athletic af, 6'10 and definitely a + 40% 3pt shooter with unlimited range, only Pop can find ways not to use, the fact of having lost pt after the mess with Monroe was one of the strangest things I've seen.

UZER
12-04-2017, 08:38 AM
athletic af, 6'10 and definitely a + 40% 3pt shooter with unlimited range, only Pop can find ways not to use, the fact of having lost pt after the mess with Monroe was one of the strangest things I've seen.

True. I've said many times. Pop really doesn't not like, or know what to do with athletic players, especially if they're role players. I'm talking about guys with springs that can go make plays. Just look at the two guys let go this past year, Desmond and Simmons.

Pop likes players that aren't athletic ability because they will stand in the exact spot they are told without leaving to go make a play. He wants that absolute control. Just look at Bonner. That dude lasted 10 years on this team!! Never mind the fact that he couldn't get rebounds in traffic, block a shot, and bigs would specifically go at and abuse him over and over.

hater
12-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Bertans is complete trash.

Phenomanul
12-04-2017, 10:54 AM
5 Blocks was impressive.