PDA

View Full Version : Ya notice anything weird with Yahoo comments section?

dabom
11-30-2017, 12:37 AM
They used to be heavily Republican thumbed up. Now they are mostly Democrat. Do ya think this whole cleaning house(bots) did anything?

I think the bots were controlling these sections.

DarrinS
11-30-2017, 12:38 AM
Russians, tbh.

dabom
11-30-2017, 12:39 AM
Russians, tbh.

I'm not kidding. :lol

But for real. Did you notice?

DarrinS
11-30-2017, 12:40 AM
I'm not kidding. :lol

But for real. Did you notice?

Sorry, forgot Yahoo was a thing.

dabom
11-30-2017, 12:42 AM
Sorry, forgot Yahoo was a thing.

I use various news sources. Yahoo was heavily republican biased. Like reddit at the other end of the spectrum. So it's kinda weird seeing the comments section all democrat leaning.

AaronY
11-30-2017, 01:34 AM
Too lazy to check but Yahoo comments definitely seemed like they were pretty right wing nutter in the past. I assumed that was because that it was one of the first websites to become popular so the audience was probably more old people. It's not like it was a right wing website or something where you could understand why all the commenters were conservative

RandomGuy
11-30-2017, 09:21 AM
I use various news sources. Yahoo was heavily republican biased. Like reddit at the other end of the spectrum. So it's kinda weird seeing the comments section all democrat leaning.

Bear in mind that the Russians don't really give two shits about "conservative" or "liberal". They care about sowing division and getting sanctions lifted, and will direct their efforts where they think they can do that.

Currently that means supporting Trump, who is compromised.

If the Russians thought they could support Democrats and get the sanctions lifted that is where they would direct their efforts.

If the Democrats were smart, they would make noises about possibly lifting sanctions, once Trump is gone.

What would be funny then is watching conservatives scream bloody murder about interference they think doesn't exist when the Russians then turn on their cause. One can dream.

DarrinS
11-30-2017, 10:14 AM
Russians everywhere!

dabom
11-30-2017, 10:55 AM
Russians everywhere!

Can you at least go to yahoo and go to the political section and tell me if I'm right? Takes 1 minute dude. :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
11-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Can you at least go to yahoo and go to the political section and tell me if I'm right? Takes 1 minute dude. :lol

HE does the whole ostrich thing. He knows that the Russians have troll farms and that they infest comments sections and social media. He knows about all the accounts that have been banned. RG posts that shit as it comes up.

That is just what Darrin does: try to convince people he doesn't care by posting so each and everytime its brought up. He literally provides nothing other than this and snark to the board anymore.

dabom
11-30-2017, 11:16 AM
HE does the whole ostrich thing. He knows that the Russians have troll farms and that they infest comments sections and social media. He knows about all the accounts that have been banned. RG posts that shit as it comes up.

That is just what Darrin does: try to convince people he doesn't care by posting so each and everytime its brought up. He literally provides nothing other than this and snark to the board anymore.

Huge, huge drastic change. I'm glad companies are regulating this shit now.

boutons_deux
11-30-2017, 01:08 PM
Bear in mind that the Russians don't really give two shits about "conservative" or "liberal". They care about sowing division and getting sanctions lifted, and will direct their efforts where they think they can do that.

Pootin got Trash elected, Pootin wins.

Trash gets removed from office, Pootin win.

America weakened by political extremism, political instability.

Pootin's Long Game is to divide America, weaken America, while increasing Russia's "soft diplomacy" and watching Trash, Bannon, etc destroy America's soft diplomacy (destroy State Dept).

Spurtacular
12-11-2017, 09:28 PM
They used to be heavily Republican thumbed up. Now they are mostly Democrat. Do ya think this whole cleaning house(bots) did anything?

Not that I'm a Republican; but I used to comment consistently on Yahoo. They started pulling a lot of stuff, like making the comment section hard to find or otherwise not even having it immediately available. It was definitely some sort of manipulation. They basically were getting called out on their fake news a lot and it was mitigating the intended effect. They definitely pulled some shit.

baseline bum
12-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Not that I'm a Republican

:lmao

AaronY
12-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Not that I'm a Republican; but I used to comment consistently on Yahoo. They started pulling a lot of stuff, like making the comment section hard to find or otherwise not even having it immediately available. It was definitely some sort of manipulation. They basically were getting called out on their fake news a lot and it was mitigating the intended effect. They definitely pulled some shit.
You also thought netflix going to a thumbs up/down system was a liberal conspiracy lol

sickdsm
12-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Every president I've ever lived through has tried to influence global politics. What a bunch of hypocrites to get butt hurt over it happening to us.

Having a black eye like The Bay of Pigs, Iraq, etc. and we're bitching about facebook ads?

Spurtacular
12-12-2017, 12:06 AM

Never registered, bro. I haven't voted for the Republican congressman from my district either.

Spurtacular
12-12-2017, 12:06 AM
You also thought netflix going to a thumbs up/down system was a liberal conspiracy lol

It was; but I get that you sperm shield for everything liberal, so whatever.

Pavlov
12-12-2017, 12:13 AM
It was; but I get that you sperm shield for everything liberal, so whatever.Why is it a liberal conspiracy?

Spurminator
01-02-2018, 12:45 PM

dabom
01-02-2018, 12:59 PM

RandomGuy
01-02-2018, 01:33 PM
Every president I've ever lived through has tried to influence global politics. What a bunch of hypocrites to get butt hurt over it happening to us.

Having a black eye like The Bay of Pigs, Iraq, etc. and we're bitching about facebook ads?

Less butthurt, and more like "what are we going to do about it"?

Shit happens, and we should expect more weaponized information attacks. Disinformation campaigns have gone digital, and coupled with Facebook etc's targeting algorithms means that you can make your campaign more effective than in the past.

The simple rise of the flat earth bullshit shows how easy it is to get bad information out there. That bunch of stupidity is a symptom.

RandomGuy
01-02-2018, 02:08 PM

One has to wonder. I stay away from the comment sections. Worse than this forum in all regards.