PDA

View Full Version : Wow the Spurs Beat a Powerhouse Grizz Team that Just Fired their Coach

DMC
11-30-2017, 01:58 AM
Aldridge must have turned the corner, Tony is back, etc...

:wakeup

2nd round team at best.

SAGirl
11-30-2017, 01:58 AM
guest...

Play Boban
11-30-2017, 02:05 AM
:cry

Play Boban
11-30-2017, 02:06 AM
HOTS must’ve porked OP’s wife tbh. :wakeup

DMC
11-30-2017, 02:11 AM
HOTS must’ve porked OP’s wife tbh. :wakeup

Tony only fucks 9's and 10's so that's a compliment.

TimDunkem
11-30-2017, 02:36 AM
True.

vander
11-30-2017, 02:45 AM
Memphis was playing out of their minds though, they won't play that well again

Stabula
11-30-2017, 02:53 AM

Look my dude if you're a man you understand that ejaculating is like pissing, sometimes you just gotta go. We've all banged a bitch we're not overly proud of banging. For example, Parker has thrust up to the hilt in Becky and she's a borderline bull-dyke.

Stabula
11-30-2017, 03:00 AM
The West is extremely volatile this year and no team looks like a lock to go all the way right now. Everyone expects the Warriors but they look like shit this year compared to their last 3 years. They just took an L against Sacramento and tonight were about to lose in OT to the Lakers if not for a lucky bounce on a Curry missed free-throw. When Kawhi is back if he can play like he did last year, if LMA can keep up his current pace, and the role-players keep improving this team can beat anyone.

TimDunkem
11-30-2017, 03:03 AM
The Warriors are fine so long as they're healthy.

hater
11-30-2017, 07:48 AM
Dont forget idiots are now lining up to suck on Marshas cock

bklynspursfan
11-30-2017, 09:24 AM
I don't think it's Wow worthy, but yes they did just defeat a basketball team last night.

Mr. Body
11-30-2017, 09:30 AM
Meh. After Phoenix canned their coach, they started playing much better. After you've watched the NBA long enough, you see this is how it tends to work.

Dex
11-30-2017, 10:18 AM
Maybe you should cry about it a little more.

Jesus Christ, you people can't even enjoy wins anymore. Why the hell do you even follow this team?

SAGirl
11-30-2017, 10:22 AM

Jesus Christ, you people can't even enjoy wins anymore. Why the hell do you even follow this team?
Yeah that’s kind of my beef here. The meltdowns with losses are predictable. The trolls hating players are predictable they even have their agendas to run and spam the board with deflection threads like Dabom does when Patty is having bad games.... there’s a fair amount of retarded takes, but to still be whining and complaining about the team when they win... that’s really :td :vomit:

r0drig0lac
11-30-2017, 10:46 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Joseph Kony
11-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Guess we should have just lost instead

8FOR!3
11-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Agreed, without Kawhi we don't make it past the second round.

coachmac87
11-30-2017, 11:32 AM

Because this forum is their life...they're depressed with reality.

DisAsTerBot
11-30-2017, 12:16 PM
Try hard thread from captain try hard

DPG21920
11-30-2017, 12:17 PM
GS lost to SAC at home and even after that embarrassment they went to OT with the Lakers last night. OKC got embarrassed by Dallas and the turns around and loses to an Orlando team that had lost 9 in a row.

Sometimes taking care of bushes should be applauded especially without your best player.

Play Boban
11-30-2017, 12:19 PM
:bobo

Chucho
11-30-2017, 12:31 PM

That's the purpose of 90% of the Spurs "fans" that post on ST. Be happy knowing we're doing better than expected and be even happier knowing we have a top 3 player coming back "sooner than later"...hopefully.

TheDoctor
11-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Guess we should have just lost instead
:lol Kony always bringing the goods

BatManu20
11-30-2017, 02:19 PM

Crazymaddopeyo
11-30-2017, 02:21 PM
I mean I’m not a huge Aldridge fan but pretty hard to say he hasn’t turned the corner. A lot of those shots were over Gasol which can’t be easy.

kuato
11-30-2017, 02:46 PM
¡Matouches was on fire!

Spur|n|Austin
11-30-2017, 03:18 PM
Because this forum is their life...they're depressed with reality.

Also it's all trolling, obvious attempt to get a rise out of people. Sad tbh

koriwhat
11-30-2017, 03:27 PM
That's the purpose of 90% of the Spurs "fans" that post on ST. Be happy knowing we're doing better than expected and be even happier knowing we have a top 3 player coming back "sooner than later"...hopefully.

this place isn't about cheering for the team no more and hasn't been for yrs and yrs... it's weird, but i think "fans" just come here nowadays to bitch and moan. sucks but whatever. go spurs go!

koriwhat
11-30-2017, 03:32 PM
i wish the internet was around in the early 90's so we could see 10 billion times the bitch'n after getting our asses handed to us every PO's by them damn trailblazers! now that was an era i would like to forget about but i still believed!

spursgu
11-30-2017, 04:04 PM
DMC always looking for attention and recognition. “Oh look guys I’m too cool to root for my team. I have to please the fellow trolls downstairs.”

dabom
11-30-2017, 04:05 PM
DMC always looking for attention and recognition. “Oh look guys I’m too cool to root for my team. I have to please the fellow trolls downstairs.”

:lol

Stabula
11-30-2017, 05:00 PM

:lmao

DMC
11-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Go team go...

home after the 2nd round

:lol

spursgu
11-30-2017, 06:42 PM
:lol miserable spurs fans

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-30-2017, 06:52 PM
The West is extremely volatile this year and no team looks like a lock to go all the way right now. Everyone expects the Warriors but they look like shit this year compared to their last 3 years. They just took an L against Sacramento and tonight were about to lose in OT to the Lakers if not for a lucky bounce on a Curry missed free-throw. When Kawhi is back if he can play like he did last year, if LMA can keep up his current pace, and the role-players keep improving this team can beat anyone.
Top-notch analysis. +1

TD 21
11-30-2017, 06:58 PM
:lol Even I'm not judging the strength of schedule or process right now. As ugly as it often looks offensively, in this state, virtually any win is a good win and they should be commended for being one game back in the loss column of those arrogant pricks (even if they are coasting).

raybies
11-30-2017, 06:59 PM
:lol Even I'm not judging the strength of schedule or process right now. In this state, any win is a good win and they should be commended for being one game back in the loss column of those arrogant pricks (even if they are coasting).
:toast I agree. It's more standings than record at this point.

Down Under
11-30-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure whether LMA can be traded yet, but his stock would be pretty high atm. He's borderline top 20, confidence is sky high & I want him on our team, I just can't see how it's gonna work when Kawhi comes back. LMA & Parker have such good chemistry together, yet neither is as good as Kawhi offensively. If you play Kawhi off the ball as a spot up shooter who attacks closeouts, you're wasting a top 5 player's talent. It's a good and bad dilemma & Pop's gonna have to show a fair bit of creativeness here.

SAGirl
11-30-2017, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure whether LMA can be traded yet, but his stock would be pretty high atm. He's borderline top 20, confidence is sky high & I want him on our team, I just can't see how it's gonna work when Kawhi comes back. LMA & Parker have such good chemistry together, yet neither is as good as Kawhi offensively. If you play Kawhi off the ball as a spot up shooter who attacks closeouts, you're wasting a top 5 player's talent. It's a good and bad dilemma & Pop's gonna have to show a fair bit of creativeness here.
good points. This deserved it's own thread if I am honest.
Pop will have to figure it out.

Barfunk
11-30-2017, 10:37 PM
The glass is half full. We are 3rd in the West missing our franchise player and Tony easing his way back in.

skulls138
11-30-2017, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure whether LMA can be traded yet, but his stock would be pretty high atm. He's borderline top 20, confidence is sky high & I want him on our team, I just can't see how it's gonna work when Kawhi comes back. LMA & Parker have such good chemistry together, yet neither is as good as Kawhi offensively. If you play Kawhi off the ball as a spot up shooter who attacks closeouts, you're wasting a top 5 player's talent. It's a good and bad dilemma & Pop's gonna have to show a fair bit of creativeness here.I really believe Kawhi is all about winning and isn't concerned about getting so many points. I also think hes flexible talent wise as well. I think someone came up with the Celtics of Pierce and Garnett as a comparison of something that could work.

DMC
12-01-2017, 02:07 AM
I really believe Kawhi is all about winning and isn't concerned about getting so many points. I also think hes flexible talent wise as well. I think someone came up with the Celtics of Pierce and Garnett as a comparison of something that could work.

You cannot take a top 5 player in the league and put him in a 2nd option role on a team like the Spurs. Pop won't do that. He'll force LMA back into the same awkward role he was in prior to Kawhi's injury and LMA will likely sulk a bit and maybe even silently protest. I don't see those two being KD and Russ or Steph and Klay as far as sharing the scoring load, especially with "still got 4 years left, my best basketball" Parker back in charge of the offense.

Stabula
12-01-2017, 02:33 AM
I have total confidence in every Spur in the rotation except for Patty Mills and Gregg Pimplevich

skulls138
12-01-2017, 02:46 AM
You have two allstar caliber players on your team. Both players need to contribute allstar caliber play for this team to win it all. How I don't know. Going to LA down low may be better for team play but KL is the better player. If you go to LA first, KL can still benefit (inside/out play). If you go to KL first, LA doesn't really benefit.

EDIT - Actually LA is a good outside shooter so both could take turns posting up depending on matchups

Arcadian
12-01-2017, 02:57 AM
You have two allstar caliber players on your team. Both players need to contribute allstar caliber play for this team to win it all. How I don't know. Going to LA down low may be better for team play but KL is the better player. If you go to LA first, KL can still benefit (inside/out play). If you go to KL first, LA doesn't really benefit.

EDIT - Actually LA is a good outside shooter so both could take turns posting up depending on matchups

Alternate going through both.

At least that works in 2K :lol

r0drig0lac
12-01-2017, 06:37 AM
relax, this is not happening

Ice009
12-01-2017, 08:35 AM
If you play Kawhi off the ball as a spot up shooter who attacks closeouts, you're wasting a top 5 player's talent. It's a good and bad dilemma & Pop's gonna have to show a fair bit of creativeness here.

The Spurs aren't going to choose Aldridge over Kawhi. That's kind of what they would be doing if they chose to do that, and Kawhi would probably not sign an extension and bolt. I don't think the Spurs would be stupid enough to piss off a top 3 player in the NBA, especially when they're going to try and extend or re-sign him.

DPG21920
12-01-2017, 12:58 PM
A couple of things to think about:

1. Even with “sulking” LMA, Spurs still had a top notch defense. So as much as the offense with LMA/Kawhi was an awkward fit, the defense was championship caliber.

2. On that same note above, even with the offense being clunky at times, SA was still a 60+ win team and a WCF team. That was with an out of shape and sulking LMA.

3. LMA is obviously in better shape, some of the young role players look better and the defense even without Kawhi is still top 5 in the league. Again, this bodes well since defense you can bank on.

4. LMA, even after sulking, signed an extension and is playing some tremendous ball AFTER signing that extension. It’s not like he has to play this way to earn another deal; he already got it. You would have to think that he would not re-sign knowing that Kawhi was going to be here if he was not ok with that.

5. Pop obviously acknowledged some faults with his system and coaching of LMA. You can already see tweaks compared to last year. Pop knows Kawhi is coming back and will make other tweaks to the best of his ability to make it better than it was. That is great, because even as it was it was still a WCF team and now SA has added Rudy and many of the younger guys look better as well.

TL;DR: Spurs were a damn good team even with an out of shape sulking LMA and Pop is smart enough to tweak things to improve them. Spurs are in good shape, even if there will be some bumps in the road re-integrating a high usage star like Kawhi.

SAGirl
12-01-2017, 01:22 PM
I have total confidence in every Spur in the rotation except for Patty Mills and Gregg Pimplevich
:toast
I will add Manu. I would slash his minutes and split them with Murray instead. If Manu was competing for minutes, he wouldn't be a rotation player, but you know, :pop: