PDA

View Full Version : "a conflict of interest [that] a first-year law student would see.”

RandomGuy
11-30-2017, 02:19 PM
the stink of incompetence and corruption in the Trump administration gets worse, and it is increasingly obvious, so much so his own party has begun to call him out on it.

Louisiana GOP Sen. Kennedy opposes controversial Trump judicial nominee

Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) said Tuesday that he would vote “in a heartbeat” against Brett Talley — one of President Donald Trump’s most controversial judicial nominees — as he leveled a harsh criticism of the administration about the caliber of their candidates for the federal bench.

Kennedy supported his nomination in the Senate Judiciary Committee, but that came before the New York Times reported that Talley is married to White House counsel Don McGahn’s chief of staff, which was not disclosed in committee documents.

“I had no idea his connection,” Kennedy said Tuesday of Talley’s marriage to a White House staffer. “And he’s never tried a lawsuit in his natural life. And he’s gonna be on the federal bench? Give me a break. A break. It is embarrassing. And I think the president of the United States is getting some very, very bad advice.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/28/kennedy-trump-judicial-nominee-267815