PDA

View Full Version : A TRICK - TP pre season interview.

JUUOT
10-18-2005, 10:40 AM
18 oct

http://tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=92

"A trick"

Four preseason games, four losses. Tony, this is what we call consistency…

(Laughs) It is a trick! We let everyone believe that we are not good while we are presented as the favorite to win the championships. Thus, we looses games on purpose so as to our opponents will not be too motivated to play us once the season starts. We do the same as the French national team; we start slow to finish strong. On the serious side, the new players have everything to learn. They have a lot of responsibilities as the starting five does not play more that 15 minutes per game. It is a bit tough on them, but they adapt well.

Like everyone other season, Gregg Popovich manages his group before the beginning of the season.

The more important is to learn to understand each other. We have another two weeks ahead of us to develop our game and create some automatism with Nick Van Exel, Michael Finley and Frabricio Oberto. What is impressive is the depth of our bench. When Manu (Ginobili) and myself are being sub by Van Exel and Finley, it is impressive. Behind them are Brent Barry and Beno Udrih…

How is the atmosphere with the new players ?

Everything is great. Finley and Van Exel are real pros and have instantly jumped in the team. Regarding Oberto, he had played a few years in Spain and thus he is used to interacting with players from various nationalities and on top of that, he has Manu on his side, so he is not lost.

Physically, how do you feel ?

All is well. My knee is fine. « Pop » manages me to the perfection since the beginning of the preparation by allowing me some light practices and a few minutes in each games. I am not complaining as the coach is doing a great job

ducks
10-18-2005, 10:50 AM
so barry gets burried on the bench right away
a very movable piece now

lilmads
10-18-2005, 10:55 AM
a trick? haha, they really fooled me... :)

angel_luv
10-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Those trixy spurs!