PDA

View Full Version : Disney / Marvel Studios and Fox close to a deal

lefty
12-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Holy shit Disney can get the rights to XMen and FF4

Chucho
12-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Oh man, they can basically do Secret Wars now!

lefty
12-05-2017, 01:35 PM
:cry we'll never see Jackman as Wolverine in the MCU

Unless they come up with some alternate universe bullshit :lol

SpursforSix
12-05-2017, 02:24 PM

I was never into that superhero bullshit. As a wrestler/dancer, I picked up every Zane Grey book I could...later...yep...L'amaour.

Flying around in underwear...shooting webs and...throwing...batarangs???? Not real life.

Chucho
12-05-2017, 02:26 PM

Jackie Earle Haley would have made a great Wolverine. Jacko is too tall to be Wolverine.

spurraider21
12-05-2017, 04:22 PM
With Von Doom they can actually have compelling villain

lefty
12-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Also

:lol DC

lefty20
12-05-2017, 05:53 PM
This would be the best Christmas present all-time, tbh.

lefty20
12-05-2017, 05:57 PM
But, I hope Fox throws in some stipulations about keeping Deadpool (and future standalone Wolverine/x-23) an R rated franchise.

lefty
12-05-2017, 06:23 PM
But, I hope Fox throws in some stipulations about keeping Deadpool (and future standalone Wolverine/x-23) an R rated franchise.
Not happening imo, Disney is kinda family friendly

lefty
12-05-2017, 06:24 PM

Mitch
12-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Hope Disney gets star trek eventually and produce a decent show.

Drachen
12-05-2017, 09:40 PM

::Tear:: :'(

Xevious
12-05-2017, 09:58 PM
F4 and the associated villians will be a good addition. I'm not sure how they'd introduce/integrate mutants this late in the game though. Especially since the current Xmen franchise has been around longer than the MCU and it's so ingrained in pop culture (especially Jackman).

lefty
12-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Russo bros are Dr Doom fans

TDMVPDPOY
12-05-2017, 10:26 PM
wasnt fox going to buy out some company but was rejected by the federal court due to anti-competition? I think t he deal was in excess of 90b+

so now they just going to by pass the courts decision by diluting the companys assets?

monosylab1k
12-05-2017, 10:30 PM
I’m so burnt out on superhero movies. Please let this fad die soon.

DeadlyDynasty
12-05-2017, 11:04 PM
gay

Avante
12-05-2017, 11:23 PM
gay

Stay on topc dude, ok? Trust me....gay...ain't it.

lefty
12-06-2017, 12:25 AM
I’m so burnt out on superhero movies. Please let this fad die soon.
Good luck man

cd021
12-06-2017, 01:08 AM
F4 and the associated villians will be a good addition. I'm not sure how they'd introduce/integrate mutants this late in the game though. Especially since the current Xmen franchise has been around longer than the MCU and it's so ingrained in pop culture (especially Jackman).

They could introduce the X-Men as being from an alternate universe (with all 10 of the movies continuities transferring into the MCU) with Dr. Strange somehow opening a portal, or someshit.

Marvel should get the Russo's do a reboot for Fantastic Four, if they can't get it right then no one can tbh

cd021
12-06-2017, 03:40 AM

Do think that they use the alternate earth excuse if the deal goes through. Dr. Strange would probably be the one that bridges the two world's

Xevious
12-06-2017, 07:14 AM
They could introduce the X-Men as being from an alternate universe (with all 10 of the movies continuities transferring into the MCU) with Dr. Strange somehow opening a portal, or someshit.

Marvel should get the Russo's do a reboot for Fantastic Four, if they can't get it right then no one can tbh
I don't think they'll use or even acknowledge any of the X-Men continuity or actors that have been established.

And F4 will probably get handled like Spiderman or Incredible Hulk. Marvel won't bother releasing another reboot, just recast the roles and introduce them to the MCU with the assumption that most people are somewhat familiar with their backstory.

lefty
12-06-2017, 08:38 AM

The Russos like Dr Doom, they'll get it right

Do think that they use the alternate earth excuse if the deal goes through. Dr. Strange would probably be the one that bridges the two world's

I don't think they'll use or even acknowledge any of the X-Men continuity or actors that have been established.

And F4 will probably get handled like Spiderman or Incredible Hulk. Marvel won't bother releasing another reboot, just recast the roles and introduce them to the MCU with the assumption that most people are somewhat familiar with their backstory.

Yeah they will reboot everything

As for FF4, they can have a quick origin story in Avengers 4 .
The twins got their powers from an infinity stone, so it's not impossible the FF4 get their powers by accident as a consequence of Thanos toying with the stones

spurraider21
12-06-2017, 12:10 PM
im definitely not gay

Chucho
12-06-2017, 12:30 PM
It's not hard to reboot or introduce anyone with comic movies. The only hard sell is Jackman as Wolvie and Pat Stewart as Professor X, but other than that, wouldn't be hard to introduce mutants.

With the Fantastic Four, it's too easy not to fuck it up- make Galactus look like Galactus and not this stupid smoke thing that was supposed to be him. But with them building up Thanos as the top heel, I dunno if they'd want to bring the Eater of Worlds on yet.

cd021
12-06-2017, 01:06 PM

F4 is the original superheroes of marvel but there origins aren't nearly as well known as Spiderman or Batman.

I could see them just redoing it with the hope of actually getting a trilogy off the ground.

Mcavoy, Fasbender and Laurence already all doing a forth X-Men movie following Apocalypse, they are all stars, it would be a surprise for Disney to just reboot the series and dumping them plus Reynolds.

Dr. Strange somehow discovering an alternate earth seems almost like the easiest route to take. Wolverine should be rebooted thought but it would have been great for Jackman to appear

SpursforSix
12-06-2017, 01:28 PM
If you want to see a real superhero, I'd suggest checking out...yes...Nick Chubb.

He doesn't need a pair of magic diapers to average over 6 yards (what?????....yes....6+ yards) per carry this season.

What we have learned is that Russell Wilson is also a superhero. Tom Brady hides behind a ton of talent. Just think if we were able to see Wilson on that Pats team.
Zooooommmmmm.

Joseph Kony
12-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Hugh Jackman said he would only appear as Wolverine again if it was in the Avengers... :wow

Chucho
12-06-2017, 02:23 PM
F4 is the original superheroes of marvel but there origins aren't nearly as well known as Spiderman or Batman.

I could see them just redoing it with the hope of actually getting a trilogy off the ground.

Mcavoy, Fasbender and Laurence already all doing a forth X-Men movie following Apocalypse, they are all stars, it would be a surprise for Disney to just reboot the series and dumping them plus Reynolds.

Dr. Strange somehow discovering an alternate earth seems almost like the easiest route to take. Wolverine should be rebooted thought but it would have been great for Jackman to appear

Why would they need an alternate universe? I didn't watch Doc Strange as he's a shit character, just like Black Panther is, but why can't they just write them in? Not hard to segue into introducing new characters like in any other movie unless they somehow inferred that every superhero in the know universe has been on screen already in one of the movies.

SpursforSix
12-06-2017, 03:18 PM
What we have is a bunch of people wishing their life was different and living vicariously through some made up people that wear flying diapers.

I'm a weightlifter/dancer. And a great athlete. I ran a 20.00 200m for god's sake. I've done the things that most dream about. So I don't need to watch some technicolor cartoons hopping around and taking care of baddies via deus ex machina.
Oh look. A bad guy. Hmmm...he's behind a brick wall. I'll use my x-ray vision to locate him and then blast him with my microwave laser. Oh...here's a tank. I'll just invoke my super strong strength and wad it up into a pile of metal.

I'd rather watch real people doing real things. With Nick Chubb, we have a 5-10 buy (small compared to me) who can bust through a line of 300 pound behemoths and out sprint everyone for a touchdown.

See how that works?

Sheesh.

cd021
12-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Why would they need an alternate universe? I didn't watch Doc Strange as he's a shit character, just like Black Panther is, but why can't they just write them in? Not hard to segue into introducing new characters like in any other movie unless they somehow inferred that every superhero in the know universe has been on screen already in one of the movies.

if the MCU wants to not ignore the past 10 X Men movies ( 13 after next year with Young Mutants, Deadpool 2, and X-Men Dark Phoenix) then establishing that the x-men continuity takes place in an alternate universe where there are X-men and mutants but no Avengers. Dr. Strange would be the one that could open a portal or some shit that could bridge the two worlds.

The Fantastic 4, on the other hand could just be straight rebooted into the MCU while the X-Men continues separately within the MCU until they are ready to have the Avengers and X-Men meet.

lefty
12-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Annnnnd...

Done

lefty20
12-14-2017, 08:42 AM
OMG!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/242/631/382.gif

Xevious
12-14-2017, 09:00 AM
While the MCU stuff is cool, Disney just keeps getting bigger and more powerful. Interesting about Hulu too. Disney is now a majority owner (60%), yet they still plan on starting their own streaming service. They essentially would be in competition with themselves, and now have the rights to a large back catalog of Fox movies/tv shows that they could remove from Hulu and offer on their own service.

lefty20
12-14-2017, 09:08 AM
While the MCU stuff is cool, Disney just keeps getting bigger and more powerful. Interesting about Hulu too. Disney is now a majority owner (60%), yet they still plan on starting their own streaming service. They essentially would be in competition with themselves, and now have the rights to a large back catalog of Fox movies/tv shows that they could remove from Hulu and offer on their own service.

They will likely start by asking Comcast to sell their share and kindly bugger off. If Comcast say no, then things will get more interesting.

Reck
12-14-2017, 12:53 PM
What is Chris and spurtacular going to watch now? :cry

Xevious
12-14-2017, 01:31 PM
What is Chris and spurtacular going to watch now? :cry

:lol I wondered the same thing, but the Fox News/Business/Sports channels weren't part of the deal.

Pavlov
12-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Maybe they can unreformat the first 19 seasons of The Simpsons.

Blake
12-15-2017, 09:22 AM
:lol I wondered the same thing, but the Fox News/Business/Sports channels weren't part of the deal.

lefty20
12-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Yes, they get the regional channels only. Not getting the National Fox Sports channel (Home of the #1 Spurs fan, Skip Bayless)

Blake
12-15-2017, 06:36 PM
FSSW is home of the Spurs, fwiw.

All the people boycotting Disney that are also Spurs fans have a dilemma