PDA

View Full Version : FSSW about to be owned by Disney

Trainwreck2100
12-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Part of their deal to acquire fox's movie and television assets includes the fox regional sports properties, which means the same people that own ESPN will now own our local station.

K...
12-05-2017, 01:47 PM
I wonder if they'd shut it down and take the broadcast rights....they can rename it espn sw. I imagine Disney can dictate to cabbie providers to move it to the espn channel grouping

Mr. Body
12-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Fuck.

rjv
12-05-2017, 02:08 PM
pretty soon, the USA will be owned by Disney and Amazon.

TheDoctor
12-05-2017, 02:11 PM
I've liked so far what Disney has done w/ Marvel and Star Wars franchises tbh

hater
12-05-2017, 02:29 PM

Pretty soon??

Phenomanul
12-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Does that mean that the Fantastic Four will be introduced into the Marvel cinematic universe?

TheDoctor
12-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Does that mean that the Fantastic Four will be introduced into the Marvel cinematic universe?
Yes.

TheRemix
12-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Woah thats big news. Would be interesting to see how it plays out

Phenomanul
12-05-2017, 03:27 PM
FOX sports broadcast network would have to be partitioned off and sold separately to avoid anti-trust / monopoly issues from already owning ESPN.

Russ
12-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Not surprising.

It's a small world after all.

SAGirl
12-05-2017, 03:40 PM
FOX sports broadcast network would have to be partitioned off and sold separately to avoid anti-trust / monopoly issues from already owning ESPN.
good to know. I thought about things of that nature, but I know nothing of the subject. :tu

K...
12-05-2017, 03:42 PM

LMAO, given politics that's a hypothetical. No one has stood up for cable monopolies in years.

SpursforSix
12-05-2017, 03:43 PM
good to know. I thought about things of that nature, but I know nothing of the subject. :tu

Translation...talk to me about dem blues.

Here's an easy one...fill in the lanes with top 10 bluesman for their 40m times. I'll get it started.

1. Blind Tooth McDermott
2. ????
3. ????
4. Lizzie McGuire
5. ????
6. ????
7. Willie Fister
8. ????
9. ????
10. Freddie Mercury

SAGirl
12-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Translation...talk to me about dem blues.

Here's an easy one...fill in the lanes with top 10 bluesman for their 40m times. I'll get it started.

1. Blind Tooth McDermott
2. ????
3. ????
4. Lizzie McGuire
5. ????
6. ????
7. Willie Fister
8. ????
9. ????
10. Freddie Mercury
I don't know my blues tbh.

Trainwreck2100
12-05-2017, 04:25 PM

Theyre not buying fox sports just the regional stations

SpursforSix
12-05-2017, 04:41 PM
I don't know my blues tbh.

Of course not. I have fun with this. Everyone wants to hump my leg and talk about Google.
I knew this stuff before there was an internet.

So talk to me about my 30 years of Track and Field magazines. What we've learned is that Russell Wilson has had a better start to his career than any other quarterback in the NFL.
Trust me...the stand tall in the pocket guys...that doesn't work today. You have to have a shuck and jive negro at the position.

How many white cornerbacks can we name? Hmmm.....

Talk to me about John Riggins?

TheDoctor
12-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Theyre not buying fox sports just the regional stations
They’re pushing hard to buy Fox’s Marvel rights too

Phenomanul
12-05-2017, 04:57 PM
IF I were a conspiracy theorist, this would make perfect sense as a subversive move to eliminate FOXNews (the only major station that stands in clear opposition to all the other media outlets).

tonight...you
12-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Of course not. I have fun with this. Everyone wants to hump my leg and talk about Google.
I knew this stuff before there was an internet.

So talk to me about my 30 years of Track and Field magazines. What we've learned is that Russell Wilson has had a better start to his career than any other quarterback in the NFL.
Trust me...the stand tall in the pocket guys...that doesn't work today. You have to have a shuck and jive negro at the position.

How many white cornerbacks can we name? Hmmm.....

Talk to me about John Riggins?
I like this guy...

SAGirl
12-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Disney turning into the umbrella corporation.

Zombie apocalypse incoming confirmed. :lol

Phenomanul
12-05-2017, 05:15 PM

No kidding... :/

Phenomanul
12-05-2017, 05:16 PM
The fact that they are discussing the sale prior to the NET Neutrality decision is VERY telling ($$$$).

gospursgojas
12-05-2017, 05:41 PM

And Russia

Pavlov
12-05-2017, 05:41 PM
IF I were a conspiracy theorist, this would make perfect sense as a subversive move to eliminate FOXNews (the only major station that stands in clear opposition to all the other media outlets).You'd be a complete idiot.

K...
12-05-2017, 05:53 PM
You'd be a complete idiot.

Agree,, net neutrality has nothing to do with this and it's been discussed for months. This is all about the younger Murdoch family members to update their media empire, buy British SKY network (English antitrust is stricter than us) and distance fox news from the main Corp

cd021
12-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Pretty soon??
Pretty much tbh.

Trainwreck2100
12-05-2017, 06:24 PM

Theyre not pushing to buy them theyre just going to be apart of the sale

IF I were a conspiracy theorist, this would make perfect sense as a subversive move to eliminate FOXNews (the only major station that stands in clear opposition to all the other media outlets).
Fox is keeping its news and sports divisions

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-05-2017, 06:25 PM
What does Disney not own at this point?

cd021
12-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Fantastic 4 and X men in the MCU :wow DC fucked tbh

NameLess Scrub
12-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Now they'll start talking about Lebron and Westbrook in the middle of Spurs broadcast.

NameLess Scrub
12-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Fantastic 4 and X men in the MCU :wow DC fucked tbh

I don't like mixing it up with X-Men.
X-men universe is too broad to make sense with the rest of the MCU, imho.

cd021
12-05-2017, 07:35 PM

I trust that they'll make it work. Fantastic 4 needs to be rebooted though, tbh. With Mutants involved it changes things completely. They could release 3 movies a year for the next decade and there would probably still be ideas to be explored.

lefty20
12-05-2017, 07:37 PM

I'm sure the teams will still operate separately, but this enables them to meet up for a grand event once every few years. Also give them a broader selection to choose individual heroes/villains for mini team-ups, like Ragnarok.

Dex
12-05-2017, 08:06 PM

Led by Mickey Mouse, no less.

Dex
12-05-2017, 08:08 PM
I trust that they'll make it work. Fantastic 4 needs to be rebooted though, tbh. With Mutants involved it changes things completely. They could release 3 movies a year for the next decade and there would probably still be ideas to be explored.

They've tried to reboot Fantastic 4 like 3 times in the past decade, and they have all been god awful. They need to just let it go.

cjw
12-05-2017, 08:18 PM

Did you read that somewhere or guess that would be the case? I highly doubt anti-trust concerns around the RSNs. The same companies own multiple broadcast stations (say CBS and NBC affiliate in same market) ALL the time. No anti-trust concerns here when you can have new competitors sprout up with no barriers to entry, the teams can develop their own networks (Dodgers and Yankees did, as did the Knicks/Rangers), and you still have NBC/CBS/Turner. Also, who would the monopoly adversely impact? May be hard to quantify but perhaps Disney could jam carrier fees down throats of consumers indirectly.

kuato
12-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Well Satan forces are getting stronger...

K...
12-05-2017, 09:08 PM

But enough talk about the golden state warriors...

BSfromTX
12-05-2017, 09:13 PM

It’s already owned by the ones that own those companies. Countries all over the planet have been turned into corporations. The ones that have not, get invaded in the name of “democracy”and humanitarian rights and puppet governments installed

NameLess Scrub
12-06-2017, 07:47 AM

I'm sure the teams will still operate separately, but this enables them to meet up for a grand event once every few years. Also give them a broader selection to choose individual heroes/villains for mini team-ups, like Ragnarok.

They would, and it's definitely a cool idea, who doesn't want to see Hulk + Wolverine, or Deadpool + Spiderman?
But what I'm thinking is at which point it is just too much.

A lot of these characters live/operate in NYC, which usually makes it a stretch to explain how the other guys are always busy and nobody gets in each others' way unless the writers decide to. Add the X-men, who also live in NYC, have saved the world a couple of times, have fought Apocalypse, have changed the past, and have already presented a near future where Wolverine is poisoned by his own bones and dead, and it sounds like too much.

If they do it, I just hope they really come up with good way to do it.

Phenomanul
12-06-2017, 09:52 AM
They would, and it's definitely a cool idea, who doesn't want to see Hulk + Wolverine, or Deadpool + Spiderman?
But what I'm thinking is at which point it is just too much.

A lot of these characters live/operate in NYC, which usually makes it a stretch to explain how the other guys are always busy and nobody gets in each others' way unless the writers decide to. Add the X-men, who also live in NYC, have saved the world a couple of times, have fought Apocalypse, have changed the past, and have already presented a near future where Wolverine is poisoned by his own bones and dead, and it sounds like too much.

If they do it, I just hope they really come up with good way to do it.

The characters would likely get rebooted... Hugh Jackman is too old already... though Ryan Reynolds does make the perfect Deadpool...

NameLess Scrub
12-06-2017, 12:33 PM
The characters would likely get rebooted... Hugh Jackman is too old already... though Ryan Reynolds does make the perfect Deadpool...

Good point.

cd021
12-06-2017, 12:57 PM

Good point.

The X Men prequel/alternate timeline series with Fasbender, Mcavoy, and Jennifer Laurence is already set for a fourth movie out December of next year with other Xmen movies already greenlit.

I doubt they reboot all that but F4 and wolverine would both probably rebooted/ recast

Joseph Kony
12-06-2017, 01:08 PM
:lmao

Phenomanul
12-06-2017, 02:31 PM
The X Men prequel/alternate timeline series with Fasbender, Mcavoy, and Jennifer Laurence is already set for a fourth movie out December of next year with other Xmen movies already greenlit.

I doubt they reboot all that but F4 and wolverine would both probably rebooted/ recast

The Scarlet Witch is technically Magneto's daughter, so any reboot would have the complicated task of trying to reconcile how Magneto already exists but has been totally absent from the high profile world affairs occurring the in the MCU.

cd021
12-06-2017, 03:42 PM
The Scarlet Witch is technically Magneto's daughter, so any reboot would have the complicated task of trying to reconcile how Magneto already exists but has been totally absent from the high profile world affairs occurring the in the MCU.

Not necessarily. Scarlett Witch and Quick Silver are Magnetto's kids. but that could simply explained that the X-men continuities of the past 10 movies (13 after next year) take place in one world where mutants and X-men exist but no Avengers and the Avengers exist in a world where there aren't any mutants. Fox and Disney having to separate the X-Men and the Avengers makes it work out.

Quick Silver was apart of both the X Men and the Avengers but that is probably the only issue that I can think of.

Pavlov
12-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Not necessarily. Scarlett Witch and Quick Silver are Magnetto's kids. but that could simply explained that the X-men continuities of the past 10 movies (13 after next year) take place in one world where mutants and X-men exist but no Avengers and the Avengers exist in a world where there aren't any mutants. Fox and Disney having to separate the X-Men and the Avengers makes it work out.

Quick Silver was apart of both the X Men and the Avengers but that is probably the only issue that I can think of.Maybe that he dieded in the MCU.

SpursforSix
12-06-2017, 04:07 PM
I don't understand why they don't just make a superhero that can do everything. Or is there some rule that each superhero only gets a limited set of powers?
Seems like they could just create one all compassing super diaper and then put that on the strongest person.

K...
12-06-2017, 04:08 PM
I don't understand why they don't just make a superhero that can do everything. Or is there some rule that each superhero only gets a limited set of powers?
Seems like they could just create one all compassing super diaper and then put that on the strongest person.

I see you're ready to hear about the good Lord Jesus Christ our savior

SpursforSix
12-06-2017, 04:14 PM
I see you're ready to hear about the good Lord Jesus Christ our savior

I'd recommend reserving the super diaper for someone that a large majority of people like. You'll alienate billions by giving the super diaper to Jesus or Mohamed.

I'd probably give it to someone like Stephen Hawking or Michael Jordan. Or Shakira.

Phenomanul
12-06-2017, 04:17 PM

Quick Silver was apart of both the X Men and the Avengers but that is probably the only issue that I can think of.

Maybe the way it can work out is if the Scarlet Witch created the alternate reality where Magneto and the X-Men exist (but wiped her own memory of having done so). Technically she has as much power as the reality gem in Marvel universe and could have done something to that effect.

There is also the storyline where she depowered 90% of the mutant population.

She also has the power to resurrect people which means that Quicksilver could make a return.

SpursforSix
12-06-2017, 04:22 PM

Maybe the way it can work out is if the Scarlet Witch created the alternate reality where Magneto and the X-Men exist (but wiped her own memory of having done so). Technically she has as much power as the reality gem in Marvel universe and could have done something to that effect.

She also has the power to resurrect people which means that Quicksilver could make a return.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/6f/3d/26/6f3d260c1f073e29cc695f70b5e2a64b.jpg

Snaq O'Meal
12-06-2017, 04:25 PM

Because they believe fans love underdogs with limitations. Just see how much hate Superman gets. This is perhaps one reason why Martian Manhunter, a founding Justice League member who can literally do everything, has been left off the movie.

But the MCU will eventually get an overpowered Mary Sue to take down Thanos. And no, it won’t be Squirrel Girl, since Thanos still needs a fighting chance.

phxspurfan
12-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Part of their deal to acquire fox's movie and television assets includes the fox regional sports properties, which means the same people that own ESPN will now own our local station.

Maybe theyll name it LeBron Curry WestChimp networks

cd021
12-06-2017, 06:44 PM

I don't know that they have to go through all that trouble, tbh.

Quick Silver is the only superhero in the X-Men and the MCU

They could simply acknowledge how odd it is, if Scarlett Witch would ever meet Quick Silver in a future movie. Scarlett Witch would probably be freaked out by it tbh