PDA

View Full Version : 76ers: MRI on Iverson's knee reveals chondromalacia

ducks
10-18-2005, 01:45 PM
76ers: MRI on Iverson's knee reveals chondromalacia

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Tuesday, October 18, 2005

News
An MRI taken on Sixers guard Allen Iverson on Monday revealed a condition called chondromalacia, a softening of the cartilage under the kneecap, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. Iverson's ability to play in tonight's preseason game against the Knicks is in question.

Views
With every injury we see in a sports arena, it becomes more and more evident that knee injuries are arguably the worst part of the body you can injure. If anyone can play through it, it's A.I. who seems to be able to play through nearly anything. This shouldn't result in a drastic revision to fantasy rankings, but it may move a guy like Gilbert Arenas ahead of him on the guards list.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Anyone know what other players have this disorder and if its easy to overcome?

I hate to see a baller like Iverson lose his step this year cuz of bull shit injury problems :(

callo1
10-18-2005, 06:32 PM
All that simply means is he has "joint mice" in his knee. Symptoms usually are popping and some stiffness in the joint. Easily correct by getting it scoped...not serious im most cases.

AI-square
10-18-2005, 06:41 PM
All that simply means is he has "joint mice" in his knee. Symptoms usually are popping and some stiffness in the joint. Easily correct by getting it scoped...not serious im most cases.

As long as you get proper treatment and you let it heal, it shouldn't be too serious.

The problem with AI is that he may be too anxious and excited to play.

Solid D
10-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Anyone know what other players have this disorder and if its easy to overcome?

I hate to see a baller like Iverson lose his step this year cuz of bull shit injury problems :(

Just about any player who has 5 years in the league has this condition to some degree. Most people who have played sports for years have a fraying of the cartilage under the patella. Lots of little pops and noises when you sit or stand if you listen closely enough. I've got it. Runners get it...as just a part of the deal. Constant pounding, wear and tear.

You get swelling but you just ice it and deal with it.