PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Karl-Anthony Towns is Kevin Love 2.0

Robz4000
12-13-2017, 12:05 AM
Seen enough of him tbh. Was still kinda high on him coming into the season but the dude just doesn't have it. Haven't seen a more overrated defender in years.

TDMVPDPOY
12-13-2017, 12:07 AM
no post game, not even a stretch big...

dudes a scrub...

Robz4000
12-13-2017, 12:10 AM
The Sixers had 28 turnovers in this game and are about to win it. Unreal that the T-Pups couldn't win with that.

DAF86
12-13-2017, 12:11 AM
Embiid is a complete beast though. Too bad he will never be able to unleash his full potential because he's made of glass.

TimDunkem
12-13-2017, 01:17 AM
Overrated defender? I haven't seen or heard one person yet praise his defense. That's almost always the knock on him.

Robz4000
12-13-2017, 01:36 AM
Overrated defender? I haven't seen or heard one person yet praise his defense. That's almost always the knock on him.

Nowadays he gets criticized, but casual media still calls him a good defender. Hell, up until this season so did most sports analysts.

TimDunkem
12-13-2017, 02:21 AM
Nowadays he gets criticized, but casual media still calls him a good defender. Hell, up until this season so did most sports analysts.

Really don't know where you're getting this, tbh. His defense has been criticized by many since he came into the league. There isn't a day that goes by where he's mentioned and it isn't brought up.

Robz4000
12-13-2017, 02:34 AM
Really don't know where you're getting this, tbh. His defense has been criticized by many since he came into the league. There isn't a day that goes by where he's mentioned and it isn't brought up.

All I read last year from the usual suspets (ESPN, Bleacher Rep:lolrt, etc) was that he was rapidly improving into an elite defender under Thibs. Didn't watch many of their games last year but this year it's clear they had no idea what they were talking about per par.

Shit, there was one with a quote by Shabazz Muhammad that the only thing holding him back was his worry about fouling. Dude still fouls like crazy or just doesn't bother defending in the first place.

TimDunkem
12-13-2017, 02:41 AM
All I read last year from the usual suspets (ESPN, Bleacher Rep:lolrt, etc) was that he was rapidly improving into an elite defender under Thibs. Didn't watch many of their games last year but this year it's clear they had no idea what they were talking about per par.
Not in my experience. All I ever read, watch, or hear in regards to Towns is how awful he is on D.

Here's an excerpt from an article on ESPN last year: "As for Towns, while he hasn't been as bad as Wiggins, he's not far behind. Currently ranked 402nd overall in defensive RPM (minus-1.91), Towns is also dead last among all centers. One season after ranking second among rookies in blocks per game behind only Kristaps Porzingis, Towns has regressed as his blocks per game have dropped from 1.7 to 1.4 despite playing three more minutes."

I know I'm nit-picking your post pointing out how he isn't really rated well on defense, so I'll leave it at this. I do absolutely agree though that he's overrated in general...He's not exactly a killer on offense, his D is bad as we know, and he's nothing special in any one area really...

The fact that most GM's voted him as the one guy they would start a franchise just goes to show that most NBA GM's are fucking terrible at their job.

spursistan
12-13-2017, 09:24 AM

Remember the early Duncan comparisons :lmao..

The most overhyped big man of his generation..Dude is a light-skinned Al-Jefferson..

spurraider21
12-13-2017, 01:41 PM

Shit, there was one with a quote by Shabazz Muhammad that the only thing holding him back was his worry about fouling. Dude still fouls like crazy or just doesn't bother defending in the first place.i havent read anything about him being a good defender. i think ur just assuming what espn, etc has said about him

Raven
12-13-2017, 02:56 PM
i agree with OP, but I do think he can get better and is not a cancer even as he is. I will say this though, I haven't seen anyone saying he's bad at anything so far..

dfens
12-13-2017, 03:21 PM
lol at the love comparison, towns is one decent coach away from being a plus defender tbh (his fundamentls are trash tbh). He also has a dumb and overrated coach in thibs who is running him into the ground while not feeding him the ball enough, so it's obvious why he doesn't give a fuck on defense tbh. Lol hiring thibs as your coach, all he is missing is a whip tbh :lmao