PDA

View Full Version : Mobile QB injury thread

Blake
12-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Smh Wentz

Meanwhile Brady, Brees, Rivers, Flacco still upright.

I will give it up tho to Russ Wilson, the only mobile QB that seems to know how to slide or get out of bounds

spurraider21
12-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Smh Wentz

Meanwhile Brady, Brees, Rivers, Flacco still upright.

I will give it up tho to Russ Wilson, the only mobile QB that seems to know how to slide or get out of boundseven he got hurt last year and was forced to play on one leg all season... only averaged 16 rushing ypg

stationary qb's have been getting hurt too, tho... palmer, carr, bradford,

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2017, 01:52 PM
You can't count Bradford in that list, he pulls this stunt every year

Blake
12-13-2017, 02:53 PM
even he got hurt last year and was forced to play on one leg all season... only averaged 16 rushing ypg

stationary qb's have been getting hurt too, tho... palmer, carr, bradford,

I like the analogy I heard on sports radio earlier.

Running QBs are like motorcycles, pocket QBs are like cars with air bags and seat belts

Blake
12-13-2017, 02:54 PM
You can't count Bradford in that list, he pulls this stunt every year

He'll tear an ACL putting on his helmet if he's not careful

SpursforSix
12-13-2017, 03:10 PM
I like the analogy I heard on sports radio earlier.

Running QBs are like motorcycles, pocket QBs are like cars with air bags and seat belts

That's really a terrible analogy.

Raven
12-13-2017, 04:43 PM
yeah.. you can't say he didn't have it coming, it's completely deserved and deshaun thomas deserved it too. Wilson took some pretty thunderous hits lately too.. cum is basically a paraplegic at this point anyway

Blake
12-13-2017, 04:50 PM
That's really a terrible analogy.

I think it's near perfect.

I have a friend that works first responder stuff that refers to them as donorcycles. Seems like RG3 to me

spurraider21
12-13-2017, 05:45 PM
yeah.. you can't say he didn't have it coming, it's completely deserved and deshaun thomas deserved it too. Wilson took some pretty thunderous hits lately too.. cum is basically a paraplegic at this point anyway
deshaun watson? guy who got hurt non-contact in practice? you're an idiot

Raven
12-13-2017, 06:05 PM
deshaun watson? guy who got hurt non-contact in practice? you're an idiot

yeah, that guy. yup. you think it's a coincidence?

spurraider21
12-13-2017, 06:13 PM
yeah, that guy. yup. you think it's a coincidence?
yes, a non-contact injury in practice.

Raven
12-13-2017, 06:25 PM
yes, a non-contact injury in practice.

ehh my young foolish friend..

Avante
12-13-2017, 08:03 PM
The thing with running QB's is they just aren't built for NFL running. But.....nobody is built to just stand threre and be....WHAM~~~~~~~

leemajors
12-13-2017, 11:21 PM
The thing with running QB's is they just aren't built for NFL running. But.....nobody is built to just stand threre and be....WHAM~~~~~~~

cluck cluck

Raven
12-14-2017, 01:20 PM

sure, but you want to protect yourself at all times.. Running is very much like asking for something you didn't see coming, to happen.

SuperCam
12-14-2017, 01:49 PM
https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/USATSI_newton_11815.jpg

https://usatbroncoswire.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/supercam.gif?w=1000

Blake
12-14-2017, 02:12 PM
This thread will be here whenever Cam is ready

Avante
12-14-2017, 11:26 PM
cluck cluck

Dude, talk football and stop acting like a little jerk, ok?

Avante
12-14-2017, 11:31 PM
sure, but you want to protect yourself at all times.. Running is very much like asking for something you didn't see coming, to happen.

If ya watch HS football, the college game there it is. We are seeing...athletes...at the QB position now, guys who can evade a pass rush, can scoot for 10/15 yards. This stand tall in the pocket thing just won't cut it anymore. Defenders are just too quick in todays game.

Yes, Tom Brady the exception to all the rules.

Avante
12-15-2017, 12:17 AM
I was a cornerback (RB) it's a whole other deal trying to defend a runner at QB. This...will he run or pass?...changes everything. With a statue back there it's just....pass.

Too much is made out of....throwing from the pocket. When standing in that pocket you have rushers coming from both sides and they know where you will be at.

When he retired Fran Tarkenton owned all the QB records, not Johnny U. He was what we see today in the HS/colleges. Tarkenton...STILL...ranked among the best in TD/yards.

Blake
12-15-2017, 02:23 PM
If ya watch HS football, the college game there it is. We are seeing...athletes...at the QB position now, guys who can evade a pass rush, can scoot for 10/15 yards. This stand tall in the pocket thing just won't cut it anymore. Defenders are just too quick in todays game.

Yes, Tom Brady the exception to all the rules.

Yes, the HS and college game it works. In the NFL the risk/reward just doesn't seem worth it.

You're stupid.

Avante
12-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Yes, the HS and college game it works. In the NFL the risk/reward just doesn't seem worth it.

You're stupid.

Dude, where do the colleges get their players, well? Now tell us stupid, where does the NFL get it's QB's, now think.

Stupid, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott are all mobile, ok? Now think dummy, ok?

Stupid, if ya watch HS football there it is, ok? Will he run or pass.....a real big deal, honest.

We saw two QB's last night run for scores, that is where the league is heading and has been for awhile now. The days of ....just stand there Eli....are coming to an end,

It's third and three, what will Russell Wilson do? Run? It's third and three Eli will be throwing. What does that do to a defense?

Different game today, honest.

Blake
12-15-2017, 02:48 PM
You're too stupid to waste more real talk on.

Avante
12-15-2017, 02:55 PM

The real talk idiot is HS coachs want...ATHLETES....playing QB, they want that pass/run option, ok? So, since the NCAA gets their QB's from.....

Do you not get this?

Stupid, the days of standing tall in the pocket are coming to an end, ok dummy?

Dude, you and real talk, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ultimate run/pass Russell Wilson has missed how many games?

Oh hell yes just stand there with angry monsters coming off both edges to crush ya, talk about safe, ha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stupid, have a QB run a 5.1 40 and watch what happens.

Blake
12-15-2017, 03:35 PM
You say Brady is the exception for Pocket passers but then throw out Russ like he's the norm.

Blake
12-15-2017, 03:36 PM

Avante
12-15-2017, 06:31 PM
You say Brady is the exception for Pocket passers but then throw out Russ like he's the norm.

Wilson wannabe's is what we are now seeing at the HS level, look at the NCAA Final 4...Bama running QB, Mayfield can scoot, Clemson has a mobile QB. Wilson is what teams are looking for in todays game.

Who is looking for a guy who can;t evade a pass rush or extend plays, well?

Dude, you are an idiot.

Raven
12-16-2017, 08:36 AM
Dude, where do the colleges get their players, well? Now tell us stupid, where does the NFL get it's QB's, now think.

Stupid, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott are all mobile, ok? Now think dummy, ok?

Stupid, if ya watch HS football there it is, ok? Will he run or pass.....a real big deal, honest.

We saw two QB's last night run for scores, that is where the league is heading and has been for awhile now. The days of ....just stand there Eli....are coming to an end,

It's third and three, what will Russell Wilson do? Run? It's third and three Eli will be throwing. What does that do to a defense?

Different game today, honest.

it's one thing to be mobile, it's another to have designed run plays or have running as your third "read"

Avante
12-17-2017, 01:42 AM
it's one thing to be mobile, it's another to have designed run plays or have running as your third "read"

Yep, that's right.

The thing is all these QB's start out as HS kids, there we are seeing more 4.6 sprinter types than ever before. Guys who can scoot and that is part of the offense. These kids end up at NCAA schools, then....NFL. Look at the what kind of QB has been winning the Heisman lately, yep, all of them could run.

You can't expect a line to protect a QB too long back there vs todays defensive speed. You do need a guy with mobility, which extends plays. And, if a guy can really run like a Wilson/Prescott, there is just another weapon.

Blake
01-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Poor Tyrod.