PDA

View Full Version : If the Rockets and Warriors played each other in a series who would you root for?

Amuseddaysleeper
12-13-2017, 11:01 PM
Yeah neither is probably the most expected answer, but if you had to pick I'd actually go for GS even though I despise.

But I REALLY despise the Rockets and that bullshit chucking 50 threes a night crap.

dabom
12-13-2017, 11:03 PM
Injuries.

SPURt
12-13-2017, 11:24 PM
Injuries.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Clipper Nation
12-13-2017, 11:27 PM
The Cavs.

Phenomanul
12-14-2017, 12:01 AM
Case against the Golden State Warriors:

Can't stand the cockiness of the entire GSW organization. They stacked their roster with All-NBA talent and pretend like they have to "work hard" for their accolades. Plus somehow every player on the roster acts like an entitled crybaby believing that they are fouled on every play.

Curry and Klay get the benefit of getting more open looks from illegal screens which are rarely called. Curry gets away with carrying the ball every game. This year especially the GSW are collectively playing like the league is somehow against them and so they are embracing a villainous mantra - that off-putting dynamic in and of itself is annoying.

Kerr is an arrogant jerk. He pretends to be smarter than he is - downplaying the fact that he has the most talented roster ever assembled.

Draymond Green is a instigative, bush-league thug. He plays like a ruffian and knows he can get away with it because the officials let him.

Zaza is a dirty goon.

Durant is an insecure, coward who no longer wanted to work for a championship the hard way but took the easiest path possible. Pathetic no matter how you slice it!

It's difficult to dislike former Spur David West, especially when he gave up so much to play in San Antonio. That said, he came off as a traitor when he downplayed his own ZaZa confrontation (during the period when ZaZa played for the Mavs and West for the Spurs), in order that ZaZa could save face and not be labeled as a dirty player. At that point, he fell from my grace - essentially calling Pop a liar.

Their owner (Joseph Lacob) is an arrogant, out-of-touch, delusional "everything GSW touches is gold / we deserve to win" punk.

Their only "semi-likable" players are probably Igoudala and Livingston.

Case against the Houston Rockets:

The Rockets (while still a difficult team to "like" from a Spurs fan's perspective) have a comically gimmicky coach in D'Antoni and so lately despite how well they play they will always seem less threatening because of "let's go, let's go D'Antoni".

Their incessant whining for calls gets annoying quick... especially when Harden gets treated with kid gloves...

Harden's beard is absurdly nasty at this point - can't stand seeing it on the tele. His flopping is an affront to the game.

Houston's announcers are especially annoying (Drexler is likely the most biased homer in the league... to the point of insulting the other team's players).

Chris Paul is still a super-competitive, get-in-your-face, get-under-your-skin, type of player... while annoying to play against, it's somewhat difficult to hate him for it.

Ryan Anderson is a dirty player - especially that nut-crunching shot at Manu. He's been playing the "woe is me" card for far too long now... on account of his ex-fiancée's suicide. It irks me the wrong way.

Hard to dislike work-horse men like Ariza or Capella. Hard to dislike Eric Gordon as well.

In summary Houston's current roster has less pieces that are difficult to hate when compared against GSW... but it is still a really tough choice...

Therefore, if I had to choose between the two, I would prefer Houston humiliate the GSW. Houston has less players that are dislikable.

EDIT: had time to gather my thoughts with a bit more structure.

dabom
12-14-2017, 12:05 AM
All seriousness. The warriors to lose.

daslicer
12-14-2017, 12:05 AM
Can't stand the cockiness of the entire GSW organization. They stacked their roster with All-NBA talent and pretend like they have to work hard for their accolades.

Draymond Green is a instigative, bush-league thug.

Zaza is a dirty goon.

They're all entitled thinking they are fouled on every play.

Kerr is an arrogant jerk.

Durant is an insecure, coward who no longer wanted to work for a championship the hard way but took the easiest path possible. Pathetic!

Their owner is an arrogant, out-of-touch, delusional "everything GSW touches is gold / we deserve to win" punk.

The Rockets have a comically gimmicky coach in D'Antoni

Their incessant whining for calls gets annoying quick... especially when Harden gets treated with kid gloves...

The beard is absurdly nasty at this point - can't stand seeing it on the tele.

Houston's announcers are especially annoying (Drexler is likely the most biased homer in the league... to the point of insulting the other team's players).

So a really tough choice...

If I had to choose between the two, however, I would prefer Houston humiliate the GSW.

I agree. Best scenario would be Houston takes them out and then loses to the Celtics. I say say Celtics instead of Cavs because I'm also sick of seeing Lebron in the finals.

Dverde
12-14-2017, 12:15 AM
Rockets. Hate the GSW swagger. Admired them until that Durant move. They only got him because Harrison Barnes is a fool.

daslicer
12-14-2017, 12:25 AM
Rockets. Hate the GSW swagger. Admired them until that Durant move. They only got him because Harrison Barnes is a fool.

They became douchebags during the '15-'16 season TBH which was before Durant. I remember during that season Draymond's arrogance trickled down to the rest of the team.

Dverde
12-14-2017, 12:33 AM
They became douchebags during the '15-'16 season TBH which was before Durant. I remember during that season Draymond's arrogance trickled down to the rest of the team.

They drafted well and built that team, that is admirable. As annoying I find Draymond, I’d love to have him on my team.

daslicer
12-14-2017, 12:39 AM
They drafted well and built that team, that is admirable. As annoying I find Draymond, I’d love to have him on my team.

I wouldn't. He would be garbage on the Spurs. His shooting is garbage and his defense is reliant on the refs allowing him to foul guys on every possession. No way he's allowed to do that on the Spurs. Pretty weird you hate GSW's swagger but like Draymond considering Draymond is the reason why they have that swagger.

raybies
12-14-2017, 12:42 AM
whoever comes out the East

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 12:44 AM
Guys here wouldn't take Green over Kyle Anderson who is basically a homeless man with AIDS version of Draymond. :lmao

daslicer
12-14-2017, 12:59 AM
Guys here wouldn't take Green over Kyle Anderson who is basically a homeless man with AIDS version of Draymond. :lmao

I would take Dejuan Blair over Green.

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 01:03 AM
So you're against yelling and cussing but not running off with 30 grand worth of jewelry.

Alright then.

daslicer
12-14-2017, 01:14 AM
So you're against yelling and cussing but not running off with 30 grand worth of jewelry.

Alright then.

I think Draymond would be as good as Dejuan was in SA. His defense would be just as bad as Dejuan's was since the refs would not allow him to get way with fouling on defense like he's allowed to in Golden State.

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 01:16 AM
Meanwhile, DeJaun is getting traded for fourth round picks in the G-League. :lol

daslicer
12-14-2017, 01:18 AM
Meanwhile, DeJaun is getting traded for fourth round picks in the G-League. :lol

Pretty much he's trash much like Draymond would be if he was on regular team like the Hornets.

Dex
12-14-2017, 01:19 AM

Goes to show how long a guy with no ACLs lasts in the NBA.

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 01:20 AM
Pretty much he's trash much like Draymond would be if he was on regular team like the Hornets.
Arguing DeJaun over Draymond. :lol You can't be taken seriously.

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 01:21 AM
Goes to show how long a guy with no ACLs lasts in the NBA.
He lasted longer than I thought he would, tbh. 4 productive seasons was as much as you could hope for.

But would you take him over Draymond? :lmao

Fireball
12-14-2017, 01:27 AM
I hope you make game threads in both of their forums

daslicer
12-14-2017, 01:29 AM
Arguing DeJaun over Draymond. :lol You can't be taken seriously.

I think both are garbage but you could't tell that. If you check an old thread "Raymond is overrated AF" you would see my reasoning for why I think Draymond is trash. But I'm not going to waste my time beating a dead horse that I have debated a bunch of times with other posters in here. :lol Also you can't take me seriously this is coming from the same guy who was screaming throughout the off-season that the Thunder has passed the Spurs by getting Carmelo.

baseline bum
12-14-2017, 01:31 AM
I'd root for Kim Jong Un to get a bunch of his missiles over here tbh

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 01:33 AM
I think both are garbage but you could't tell that. If you check an old thread "Raymond is overrated AF" you would see my reasoning for why I think Draymond is trash. But I'm not going to waste my time beating a dead horse that I have debated a bunch of times with other posters in here. :lol Also you can't take me seriously this is coming from the same guy who was screaming throughout the off-season that the Thunder has passed the Spurs by getting Carmelo.
I never actually said the Thunder "surpassed the Spurs", but go ahead and equate that to saying you would rather have a guy with no ACLs who isn't even in the league anymore over a clearly superior player just because he :cry cusses and yells :cry.

daslicer
12-14-2017, 01:39 AM
I never actually said the Thunder "surpassed the Spurs", but go ahead and equate that to saying you would rather have a guy with no ACLs who isn't even in the league anymore over a clearly superior player just because he :cry cusses and yells :cry.

:lol Oh yes you said that throughout those threads the Thunder had passed the Spurs based on the Carmelo acquisition. I stand by it that Draymond would be trash on the Spurs much like Dejuan was.

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 01:41 AM
:lol Oh yes you said that throughout those threads the Thunder had passed Spurs based on the Carmelo acquisition. I stand by it that Draymond would be trash on the Spurs much like Dejuan was.
I merely said the Thunder wouldn't be a good match-up and that it was disappointing considering the Spurs were doing nothing with their roster. Nice try trying to lie, deflect, and pretend that you didn't just say that you would take Blair over Green though. :lol

It's one thing to judge match-ups before a season begins and it's another to say you'd take some shit scrub over a guy like Draymond. It doesn't get worse than that. :lol

daslicer
12-14-2017, 01:44 AM
I merely said the Thunder wouldn't be a good match-up and that it was disappointing considering the Spurs were doing nothing with their roster. Nice try trying to lie, deflect, and pretend that you didn't just say that you would take Blair over Green though. :lol

Again I said both Blair and Green are trash. But keep on trying to spin stuff. Nice try on you part to lie and deflect that you did not say the Thunder were better than the Spurs based on the Carmelo acquisition. :lol

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 01:46 AM
Again I said both Blair and Green are trash. But keep on trying to spin stuff. Nice try on you part to lie and deflect that you did not say the Thunder were better than the Spurs based on the Carmelo acquisition. :lol

This is a thread concerning the Rockets and Warriors. You mentioned Green. You said you would take Blair over Green. I'm deflecting nothing and you're blatantly lying.

Damn. The desperation is strong in this one. :lol

daslicer
12-14-2017, 01:48 AM
Damn. The desperation is strong in this one. :lol

:lol You are the one with the desperation like I said before both are garbage.

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 01:49 AM
:lol You are the one with the desperation like I said before both are garbage.
Says the guy deflecting and trying to change subjects while blatantly lying about what he said. Nice try though. :tu

daslicer
12-14-2017, 01:50 AM
Says the guy deflecting and trying to change subjects while blatantly lying about what he said. Nice try though. :tu

:rolleyes Aren't you describing yourself.

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 01:54 AM
:rolleyes Aren't you describing yourself.
No. You brought up Green, you said you would take Blair over him, you tried to lie about me saying the Thunder would be a bad match-up before the season started because I called you out and you wanted to take the focus off of you, then you lied again about saying that you would take Blair over Draymond.

Just stop while you're behind. :lol

daslicer
12-14-2017, 02:01 AM
No. You brought up Green, you said you would take Blair over him, you tried to lie about me saying the Thunder would be a bad match-up before the season started because I called you out and you wanted to take the focus off of you, then you lied again about saying that you would take Blair over Draymond.

Just stop while you're behind. :lol

Again I was implying both Green and Blair are trash. But if you can't see that well I don't care. Also you did say the Thunder were a bad matchup based on the Carmelo acquisition so you are definitely lying about that to cover your tracks :rolleyes.

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 02:04 AM
Again I was implying both Green and Blair are trash. But if you can't see that well I don't care. Also you did say the Thunder were a bad matchup based on the Carmelo acquisition so you are definitely lying about that to cover your tracks :rolleyes.
The fuck? I just told you that I said they would be a bad match-up. YOU lied and said that I claimed the "Thunder surpassed the Spurs" which is completely different, and was an attempt to take the focus off of your retarded take.

Damn. Can't even keep up with your own lies, or what I'm saying. Maybe you should go to bed because you're fucking lost. :lol

daslicer
12-14-2017, 02:08 AM
The fuck? I just told you that I said they would be a bad match-up. YOU lied and said that I claimed the "Thunder surpassed the Spurs" which is completely different, and was an attempt to take the focus off your retarded take.

Damn. Can't even keep up with your own lies, or what I'm saying. :lol

:lol Wow a troll that keeps on trying to deflect.

TimDunkem
12-14-2017, 02:11 AM
:lol Wow a troll that keeps on trying to deflect.
Wow. You're hitting Trump levels of deceit here. You're blatantly lying about what we've both said and completely ignoring what this whole argument was about.

Not my style, but I can't say I blame you after that stupid "Blair over Green" bullshit. Gotta' pivot away from that somehow, I guess. :lol

daslicer
12-14-2017, 02:13 AM
Wow. You're hitting Trump levels of deceit here. You're blatantly lying about what we've both said and completely ignoring what this whole argument was about.

Not my style, but I can't say I blame you after that stupid "Blair over Green" bullshit. Gotta' pivot away from that somehow, I guess. :lol

:lol What can I say a troll is going to troll.

Spurtacular
12-14-2017, 02:18 AM
I agree. Best scenario would be Houston takes them out and then loses to the Celtics. I say say Celtics instead of Cavs because I'm also sick of seeing Lebron in the finals.

Kyrie ringing instead of Lebron. That would be good shit in itself. :lmao

Robz4000
12-14-2017, 02:22 AM
Injuries.

Damn, /thread

r0drig0lac
12-14-2017, 04:56 AM
rox no doubt

BD24
12-14-2017, 09:10 AM
Easy. Houston

lefty20
12-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Rockets. Easy call, tbh.

Dex
12-14-2017, 09:25 AM
He lasted longer than I thought he would, tbh. 4 productive seasons was as much as you could hope for.

Absolutely no way in hell. :lmao

r0drig0lac
12-14-2017, 09:52 AM

only in spurtalk http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

SAGirl
12-14-2017, 10:05 AM
so... after no one, then GSW, but mostly bc I will be sour about rooting for a team in the Rockets that I don't care about anyways, losing.

In reality I haven't cared for the playoffs once the Spurs got eliminated.

In 2016 I watched the Thunder in the playoffs after the Spurs got eliminated and I really wanted them to win the WCF against GSW that season... futile.

NameLess Scrub
12-14-2017, 10:27 AM

Basically this.

I say let the Rockets win. KD alone would be fun to watch, trying to get all tough but whiny after the loss.

Rockets are very gimmicky so they could be beaten in the Finals by a good team with adequate coaching.. which is probably the same reason they wouldn't beat the Warriors in the first place.. but well.

K...
12-14-2017, 10:37 AM
It be cool if Houston won baseball and basketball.

I don't hate D antoni . He's an interesting coach. He wasn't gifted a team like Kerr.

Spurs tough, need to beat Golden State for legacy purposes though, but beating Houston year after year would be good payback for the 1990s

cd98
12-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Houston. If Houston wins, Lebron can't join them next offseason as he will look weak. And GSW wouldn't have the $$$ to sign Lebron and they used all their cache to sign Durant. If Lebron joined them, the league would look rigged and no one would watch it. So Lebron stays in Cleveland or comes to SA.

If Houston loses, Lebron to Rockets has legs.

SAGirl
12-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Houston. If Houston wins, Lebron can't join them next offseason as he will look weak. And GSW wouldn't have the $$$ to sign Lebron and they used all their cache to sign Durant. If Lebron joined them, the league would look rigged and no one would watch it. So Lebron stays in Cleveland or comes to SA.

If Houston loses, Lebron to Rockets has legs.
good point

jermaine
12-14-2017, 12:49 PM
If the Spurs aren't in it, NBA season is over for me!

LaMarcus Bryant
12-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Anyone who says GSW should be pinked then banned.

MVPCues
12-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Anyone who says GSW should be pinked then banned.

That's right. Not really very close for me, even before Pachulia.

Phenomanul
12-14-2017, 01:31 PM
Case against the Golden State Warriors:

Can't stand the cockiness of the entire GSW organization. They stacked their roster with All-NBA talent and pretend like they have to "work hard" for their accolades. Plus somehow every player on the roster acts like an entitled crybaby believing that they are fouled on every play.

Curry and Klay get the benefit of getting more open looks from illegal screens which are rarely called. Curry gets away with carrying the ball every game. This year especially the GSW are collectively playing like the league is somehow against them and so they are embracing a villainous mantra - that off-putting dynamic in and of itself is annoying.

Kerr is an arrogant jerk. He pretends to be smarter than he is - downplaying the fact that he has the most talented roster ever assembled.

Draymond Green is a instigative, bush-league thug. He plays like a ruffian and knows he can get away with it because the officials let him.

Zaza is a dirty goon.

Durant is an insecure, coward who no longer wanted to work for a championship the hard way but took the easiest path possible. Pathetic no matter how you slice it!

It's difficult to dislike former Spur David West, especially when he gave up so much to play in San Antonio. That said, he came off as a traitor when he downplayed his own ZaZa confrontation (during the period when ZaZa played for the Mavs and West for the Spurs), in order that ZaZa could save face and not be labeled as a dirty player. At that point, he fell from my grace - essentially calling Pop a liar.

Their owner (Joseph Lacob) is an arrogant, out-of-touch, delusional "everything GSW touches is gold / we deserve to win" punk.

Case against the Houston Rockets:

The Rockets (while still a difficult team to "like" from a Spurs fan's perspective) have a comically gimmicky coach in D'Antoni and so lately despite how well they play they will always seem less threatening because of "let's go, let's go D'Antoni".

Harden's beard is absurdly nasty at this point - can't stand seeing it on the tele. His flopping is an affront to the game.

Chris Paul is still a super-competitive, get-in-your-face, get-under-your-skin, type of player... while annoying to play against, it's somewhat difficult to hate him for it.

Ryan Anderson is a dirty player - especially that nut-crunching shot at Manu. He's been playing the "woe is me" card for far too long now... on account of his ex-fiancée's suicide. It irks me the wrong way.

Hard to dislike work-horse men like Ariza or Capella. Hard to dislike Eric Gordon as well.

In summary Houston's current roster has less pieces that are difficult to hate when compared against GSW... but it is still a really tough choice...

Therefore, if I had to choose between the two, I would prefer Houston humiliate the GSW. Houston has less players that are dislikable.

EDIT: had time to gather my thoughts with a bit more structure.

Forgot to add that I am actually a fan of Luc M'Bah a Moute... he would make a good Spur.

spurraider21
12-14-2017, 01:42 PM
i would ask OP to start all their game threads

coachmac87
12-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Interesting question...because this has LeBron James tied to it imo.

I stated on here that Rockets were the darkhorse to sign LeBron in the offseason waaay before the Media ran with it last week. If Rockets beat GSW and Cavs to win a title I don't think he will pull a Durant and sign with Houston. GSW will more than likely pay a HUGE tax or make changes.

Depending on the ass whooping Cavs get in the Finals...I doubt he will resign with them with all the question marks surrounding the franchise.

Which IMO will open the door for Spurs, Lakers to genuinely have a case to recruit the King. But if GSW goes on to win it all ages and in dominant fashion. LeBron will go to Houston IMO and will be appealing to help Paul and Harden to capture their first title and go after the Warriors.

So the answer is Houston.

Phenomanul
12-14-2017, 02:56 PM

I stated on here that Rockets were the darkhorse to sign LeBron in the offseason waaay before the Media ran with it last week. If Rockets beat GSW and Cavs to win a title I don't think he will pull a Durant and sign with Houston. GSW will more than likely pay a HUGE tax or make changes.

Depending on the ass whooping Cavs get in the Finals...I doubt he will resign with them with all the question marks surrounding the franchise.

Which IMO will open the door for Spurs, Lakers to genuinely have a case to recruit the King. But if GSW goes on to win it all ages and in dominant fashion. LeBron will go to Houston IMO and will be appealing to help Paul and Harden to capture their first title and go after the Warriors.

A twist would be that the Spurs beat both the Rockets and the GSW... then go on to The NBA Finals and beat the Cavs or the Celtics.

A win now is sweeter than the allure of gaining LeBron next year... cause nothing is ever guaranteed.

coachmac87
12-14-2017, 03:02 PM

A twist would be that the Spurs beat both the Rockets and the GSW... then go on to The NBA Finals and beat the Cavs or the Celtics.

A win now is sweeter than the allure of gaining LeBron next year... cause nothing is ever guaranteed.

Well of course. But the way things are if Rockets/Warriors played in a series it's because one of them beat the Spurs. But yeah I'd take ring over maybe going after LeBron...but my post was strictly directed at the question.

Phenomanul
12-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Well of course. But the way things are if Rockets/Warriors played in a series it's because one of them beat the Spurs. But yeah I'd take ring over maybe going after LeBron...but my post was strictly directed at the question.

I understood it that way... I was just commenting on the LeBron angle complicating matters issue.

tonight...you
12-14-2017, 05:56 PM
Injuries.
Thread should have ended right there with everybody solemnly nodding their heads.

rjv
12-15-2017, 12:05 PM
cleveland.

offset formation
12-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Rockets. All day. And twice on Sundays.

SAGirl
12-15-2017, 12:47 PM
cleveland.
It would be good. I don't know if that influences Lebron's decision in any way bc the reports have been that he and the FO aren't in good terms, but at least it wouldn't be easy for him to bolt and paint his "decision" in a favorable portrait.

rjv
12-15-2017, 01:25 PM
It would be good. I don't know if that influences Lebron's decision in any way bc the reports have been that he and the FO aren't in good terms, but at least it wouldn't be easy for him to bolt and paint his "decision" in a favorable portrait. if he were to win i do think it would be weird if he left as then it wouldn't really be about what team gives him the best opportunity to win. but my saying "cleveland" was really more about just how much i hate both the warriors and rockets.

heyheymymy
12-15-2017, 03:49 PM
I'd root for OP to start the game thread.

gambit1990
02-10-2018, 12:31 PM
rockets, easily.

spursistan
02-10-2018, 12:36 PM
On paper this Rockets team is probably the second biggest legitimate threat to the Warriors in a 7-game series after the '16 Thunder..

Questions remain about D'Antoni's adjustments and Harden's poise in playoffs atmosphere along with Paul's health..

daslicer
02-10-2018, 03:12 PM
I think OKC surprisingly is the team that matches up the best with the Warriors. They play with an edge against them and have extreme confidence when they step on the floor that they can beat them. If OKC plays the Warriors I think they will upset them. But that's a big if since OKC tends to suck against everybody else besides the Warriors. It will be interesting to see if the Warriors down the stretch tank a few games and fall to the 2 seed to avoid playing OKC in round 2.

Brunodf
02-10-2018, 03:44 PM
At this point I have more faith on OKC beating GSW than the Rockets tbh

Also the storyline of Westbrook beating Durant would be very entertaining

Brunodf
02-10-2018, 03:46 PM
I think OKC surprisingly is the team that matches up the best with the Warriors. They play with an edge against them and have extreme confidence when they step on the floor that they can beat them. If OKC plays the Warriors I think they will upset them. But that's a big if since OKC tends to suck against everybody else besides the Warriors. It will be interesting to see if the Warriors down the stretch tank a few games and fall to the 2 seed to avoid playing OKC in round 2.
Exactly, hadn't seen your post before mine... OKC ending in 5th or 4th to take GSW on the 2nd round would be the ideal scenario

daslicer
02-10-2018, 03:52 PM
At this point I have more faith on OKC beating GSW than the Rockets tbh

Also the storyline of Westbrook beating Durant would be very entertaining

Westbrook-Durant's hatred for each other reminds me of LJ-ZO. I think a series between Warriors-OKC would be like an old school series filled with a lot of intense hatred from both sides . I'm hoping for this series.

daslicer
02-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Exactly, hadn't seen your post before mine... OKC ending in 5th or 4th to take GSW on the 2nd round would be the ideal scenario

The Warriors have nobody that can guard Westbrook on the perimeter and they also don't have a rim protector that can stop him from getting layups and dunks inside the paint. Russ has the easiest time getting whatever he wants against the Warriors more so then any other player in the league I have seen this year against them. Factor in now that he has help in PG and Melo which allows Russ to carve up their defense. On the defensive end OKC gives them problems due to their athleticism and their ability to switch quickly. The way OKC plays them is just interesting to me because they are the only team besides a healthy Spurs team that doesn't try to beat the Warriors by playing the Warriors style of basketball. Houston on the other hand plays the exact same style of basketball as the Warriors which favors the Warriors in a series.

gambit1990
04-20-2018, 01:30 PM
warriors v pelicans, rockets v okc...

TDomination
04-20-2018, 01:55 PM
For me it still hasn't changed, anyone but the warriors

daslicer
04-20-2018, 02:31 PM
For me it still hasn't changed, anyone but the warriors

I'd even take team Russia or team ISIS over the Warriors.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-20-2018, 05:05 PM
I will definitely be rooting for the Warriors, fuck Houston, you guys must not live around any Rocket fuckbois, they are obnoxious. We are top dawg in Texas and them getting more NBA titles does not help our cause.

YGWHI
04-20-2018, 05:21 PM
F*ck both teams. I'll watch ECF :depressed

jermaine
04-20-2018, 05:39 PM
I only wanna see if Labron can get past pacers or how far NO can go in the West.

daslicer
04-20-2018, 06:12 PM
Not rooting for either team. I hate Harden and hate the Warriors. I will watch the WCF knowing somebody I hate is going to be in some pain once they lose.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-21-2018, 01:00 AM
I’d root for whoever is coming out of the east.

Dancelot
04-21-2018, 01:01 AM
I'd even take team Russia or team ISIS over the Warriors.
This.

Mikeanaro
04-21-2018, 01:03 AM
I will definitely be rooting for the Warriors, fuck Houston, you guys must not live around any Rocket fuckbois, they are obnoxious. We are top dawg in Texas and them getting more NBA titles does not help our cause.
GSW getting more titles than the Spurs wont do it either, they have 3 already and HOU 2.

r0drig0lac
04-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Not rooting for either team. I hate Harden and hate the Warriors. I will watch the WCF knowing somebody I hate is going to be in some pain once they lose.

Keepin' it real
04-21-2018, 09:49 AM
Who would I root for?

IDGAF

Spurs 4 The Win
04-21-2018, 12:53 PM
GSW getting more titles than the Spurs wont do it either, they have 3 already and HOU 2.

Top Dawg in the league is less important, as we will never be catching Boston or LA. However, top dawg in Texas, which has 3 teams is always something I want to be able to rest my hat on. Fuck the Rockets and Mavs. They are our biggest rivals.

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Anyone but Houston. Anyone.

SAGirl
04-21-2018, 12:54 PM
I don't care about the playoffs once the Spurs are done.

DPG21920
04-21-2018, 12:58 PM
I don't care about the playoffs once the Spurs are done.

That’s crazy to me. I love the NBA so much. But it does show you the power of a team making the playoffs.

SAGirl
04-21-2018, 01:07 PM
It's not crazy... I really don't care about other teams... I may watch a game here or there but the Spurs are doing so poorly that I do not really care about anyone else. The last team other than the Spurs I cared about advancing after the Spurs were eliminated was the OKC team with Durant and Westbrook that eliminated the Spurs in 2016. I believed they had a chance that year. I don't care much for the current teams.

Maybe next year I bandwagon somewhere else. I can't stand 35 minutes of Paddy each game tbh. There's teams in the East that are interesting and the west is changing. This season though I don't really care about anyone else.

daslicer
04-21-2018, 01:08 PM

Warriors already have 5 titles. They count the 2 titles they won as the Philadelphia Warriors which is bs in my mind. They also have won 3 titles since they have been in Oakland.

Seventyniner
04-21-2018, 02:35 PM
It's not crazy... I really don't care about other teams... I may watch a game here or there but the Spurs are doing so poorly that I do not really care about anyone else. The last team other than the Spurs I cared about advancing after the Spurs were eliminated was the OKC team with Durant and Westbrook that eliminated the Spurs in 2016. I believed they had a chance that year. I don't care much for the current teams.

Maybe next year I bandwagon somewhere else. I can't stand 35 minutes of Paddy each game tbh. There's teams in the East that are interesting and the west is changing. This season though I don't really care about anyone else.

I'm the same way tbh. While the Spurs are in the playoffs I will watch a bunch of other series and keep up. Once the Spurs are eliminated I completely tune out. I didn't even find out about GS blowing that 3-1 Finals lead two years ago until about 2 weeks later. They probably heard me laughing from here, but I usually don't root against teams cause I just don't give a shit about them. I have watched maybe 1 Finals game in my life that didn't involve the Spurs, and occasional snippets of others.

baseline bum
04-21-2018, 02:42 PM
Houston easily after Pachulia has pushed the Spurs into an ugly rebuild.

Play Boban
04-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Warriors already have 5 titles. They count the 2 titles they won as the Philadelphia Warriors which is bs in my mind. They also have won 3 titles since they have been in Oakland.
:cry

Play Boban
04-21-2018, 02:44 PM
I can’t believe of you don’t even watch the Finals and are bragging about it. You’re not a real fan and that proves sir. Real basketball fans watch basketball tbh!

Avitus1
04-21-2018, 11:15 PM
I’d root for a natural disaster.