PDA

View Full Version : -The COLBERT Report-

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Did anyone see the premier last night?

I came into the show having high expectations. Not only has Comedy Central been hyping up this show, but to be so risky to give Steven Colbert his own show.....it was either gonna be super super funny or suck ass.

Well, I watched it last night and here's my take

Last night's show was as hilarious as all get out. But I don't see this show lasting very long because I doubt Colbert can keep up this act long enough and keep it fresh.

But I am sure we are in for a very entertaining 1st season.
He's absolutely hilarious, the skits he has planned are great.

He totally befuddled Stone Phillips (his guest) with rhetoric...if anyone missed this part, it was absolutely classic!!! I wish I knew if Stone Phillips knew what he was getting into or not, because he had a seemingly genuine look of disbelief on his face through the interview.

My favorite line "Is Stone Phillips such a good interviewer that he can't get a proper answer out of Stone Phillips?"
LOLOL

Also, he had a list of current "threats" to the country
he listed hurricanes, bird flu, etc...really funny shit.

He puts on a big act, you can tell he's so full of it, but its really really funny. I suggest you watch this show while you can cuz it'll only be funny in the short term.

Does anyone know if this show is going to be every day like the Daily Show?
If so, we're in for a funny ass week!

2Blonde
10-18-2005, 03:39 PM
That face off with Stone Phillips had me rolling on the floor. :lmao

I disagree with you though about him being able to pull off this level of hilarity on a regular basis. I think he is up to the challenge.

Tonight he's gunning for Leslie Stahl. :lol

The Colbert (Coal-bear) Report (Ray-poor) :lol :lol

ChumpDumper
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Seems like it should be a weekly show.

If anyone can pull off the O'Reilly sendup on a nightly basis, however, it's Colbert.

Stone looked like he didn't realize Colbert was going to be in character the entire time.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-18-2005, 07:09 PM
The Coal Bear ReePore is coming on today at 7:30...looks like it will be a nightly show.

Chump, you're absolutely right, i got the same vibe...it was hilarious. When Colbert asked him the 3rd crazy ass question he gave steven a look that was PRICELESS!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Bump

Watch it tonight

It's been Gold this whole week.

its on right now

what are you doing???

watch it!!
comedy central!

ehhhh

CharlieMac
10-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Way better than I expected.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-20-2005, 07:40 PM
It's not as funny as I expected, but still funnier than anything else that's on right now.

I think Colberts funnier in Strangers with Candy than in any other comedy central show.

mookie2001
10-20-2005, 07:42 PM
poor cbf thread...